- Sermon Slides for Sermon All These Things Shall Be Added Unto You: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon All These Things Shall Be Added Unto You: PDF
- Audio MP3 for Sermon All These Things Shall Be Added Unto You: Audio
- Video MP4 for Sermon All These Things Shall Be Added Unto You: Video
 The title of the sermon: “ALL THESE THINGS SHALL BE ADDED UNTO YOU.”
We Search And Search And Search For Things
- We search for lots and lots of things in this life. I’ve done so in my life.
- Constantly searching for things. Constantly needing things.
- Food and drink. A healthy body through exercise and eating healthy foods.
- We care about the food we eat and the drinks that we drink.
- We care about our bodies. We want to be healthy and feel good.
We care about the clothes we wear. We don’t want to be naked and shameful.
- We care about our jobs because we want to be able to take care of our families.
- We care about our families. We care about our friends. We care about ourselves.
- We want our children to have a great life. We want our children to have good friends.
- We want our children to go to heaven when they die. We want the very best for them.
- We want to have fun in our lives. We want to be happy and joyful. No one wants to be sad.
- We want to smile. Are you smiling today, or are you frowning?
- Think about why you’re smiling or frowning today. What’s causing this?
We all want GOOD THINGS in our lives. Right? We want all of these things. We want a comfortable bed to sleep in.
- We care about so many things in this life. Do we allow these things to take over our lives?
- Sometimes we need to stop and think about what’s happening in our lives. What are we doing?
- What are we doing first thing in the morning? What are we doing before we go to bed?
- What are we seeking throughout the days, weeks, months, and years?
- Let’s stop today and study God’s word. Listen to the COMMANDS from Jesus Christ.
 Matthew 6:25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
- “Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink.”
- “Nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on.”
- Don’t worry about all these things in your life.
- Listen, this doesn’t mean to not plan ahead. You’re going to see that we should have a plan.
- God has a plan for all things. We should have plans and plan ahead.
For example, we must have jobs to pay for all these things. Food, drink, clothing.
- We don’t wait until we’re out of food and water and then go find a job. We plan ahead. We work hard.
- We do our best and have faith in God along the way. We work hard but we put all our faith in God.
- If we’re working hard, God will bring us out of anything. It might take time. It might take many prayers.
- But He will bring us through on the other side. God knows which path we’re taking.
- He knows THE WAY that we take. We take His way, and He will bring us forth as gold through our trouble.
Jesus is telling us not to worry about all these things. TAKE NO THOUGHT for these things.
- For example, if I have some clothes then I’m doing good. I don’t need to have the best clothes.
- I don’t need to have the most expensive clothes or the newest designs.
- Most likely, a homosexual created the newest designs. I definitely don’t need those clothes.
- I don’t need to follow the newest fashion trends. I don’t need to put extra thought into those things.
Food is another example. I don’t need to eat the most amount of food. I’m bigger than my daughters.
- But they’re getting to the point where they eat more than me.
- I don’t needs tons and tons of food to live. I’m happy with a smaller plate.
- I don’t need to go out and eat at restaurants constantly. I don’t need Ruth Chris.
- I don’t need Jeff Ruby’s. I’ve actually never been to either of those.
- I’m not spending that much on food because it’s not worth that much.
- I’m not putting all this time, effort, and money into food.
But I will eat healthy food. I will treasure the body God gave me and take care of it.
- LIFE IS MUCH MORE THAN FOOD. The body is much more than clothing.
- Jesus says these things. He commands us to not take thought of all these things.
- We eat what we have. We drink what we drink.
- Water is abundant everywhere and it’s better than anything.
 Matthew 6:26-27 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? 27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
- The birds don’t have a plan to save up money and eat at a fancy restaurant.
- The birds don’t work all week and then spend all their money at a restaurant for one meal.
- They don’t think about these things. They are instead fulfilling God’s plan for them.
- They don’t store up all this food in some end of times shelter. They don’t gather it into barns.
- YET, God feeds all of those birds. The birds are doing very good.
Don’t you think God will take care of you IF you’re doing what He asks?
- God could end the food supply on this earth in a split second. Any time He wants.
- He could end the water supply any time He wants. What are we going to do about it?
- NOTHING. You need to understand that God HIMSELF is all powerful.
- If you’re starving, He can bring you food.
 1 Kings 17:1 And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the LORD God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word.
- God sends Elijah to tell King Ahab that there won’t be any dew or rain these YEARS.
- Understand that. YEARS OF NO DEW OR RAIN. God can end it any time. Next verse.
 1 Kings 17:2-4 And the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, 3 Get thee hence, and turn thee eastward, and hide thyself by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan. 4 And it shall be, that thou shalt drink of the brook; and I have commanded the ravens to feed thee there.
- God tells Elijah to get water at the brook Cherith. The ravens will bring you food.
 1 Kings 17:5-6 So he went and did according unto the word of the LORD: for he went and dwelt by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan. 6 And the ravens brought him bread and flesh in the morning, and bread and flesh in the evening; and he drank of the brook.
- God fed Elijah. He told Him what to do. God provided food and drink for Elijah.
 1 Kings 17:7 And it came to pass after a while, that the brook dried up, because there had been no rain in the land.
- Now what? Should Elijah worry? “Oh no, what am I going to do?” Why would he worry?
- God was giving him water and bringing him food. You shouldn’t worry about these things.
- You shouldn’t take ANY THOUGHT for these things. They are important but God is the provider.
- He’s been doing this a very long time. TRUST HIM. So what happened when the brook dried up?
 1 Kings 17:8-9 And the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, 9 Arise, get thee to Zarephath, which belongeth to Zidon, and dwell there: behold, I have commanded a widow woman there to sustain thee.
- Now God has another plan for Elijah. A widow woman in Zarephath will sustain him there.
- What does Elijah do? He does exactly what God commands Him to do. And God provides.
 1 Kings 17:10-11 So he arose and went to Zarephath. And when he came to the gate of the city, behold, the widow woman was there gathering of sticks: and he called to her, and said, Fetch me, I pray thee, a little water in a vessel, that I may drink. 11 And as she was going to fetch it, he called to her, and said, Bring me, I pray thee, a morsel of bread in thine hand.
- Elijah says, “Please get me some water. Please give me some bread.”
 1 Kings 17:12 And she said, As the LORD thy God liveth, I have not a cake, but an handful of meal in a barrel, and a little oil in a cruse: and, behold, I am gathering two sticks, that I may go in and dress it for me and my son, that we may eat it, and die.
- This woman was a believer. They thought they were starving. I want to make sure you see this.
- Most people just skip over things like this in the Bible. We won’t.
- She only had a handful of meal in a barrel. A HANDFUL. That’s it. Think about that.
- Let’s say you were about to starve and run out of food because of a famine.
- “Behold, I just want to go in, fix the last bit of food we have, eat it, and die.”
God Take Away Everything Any Time He Wants
And yes, this can happen any time God wants it to happen or allows it to happen.
- This will happen in the end times. Seal #3 is all about famine. Just as we see here in 1 Kings Chapter 17.
- There will be wars, disease, famine, no food available. If you’re living then, will you trust God?
- If a man shows up and wants food and water when you only have a handful for you and your son, what will you do?
- Would you be willing to share that food because you’re trusting in God?
- Would you give away that last little bit of food you have left?
- What do you think this woman does? Let’s see.
 1 Kings 17:13 And Elijah said unto her, Fear not; go and do as thou hast said: but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it unto me, and after make for thee and for thy son.
- Think about this. This man shows up. You tell him that you only have a handful of meal left.
- He says, “Make me a cake of this meal first. And afterwards you can make some for you and your son.”
- You would probably be thinking, “I was born at night, but I wasn’t born last night.”
- “I’m not that dumb. You want to eat of this little bit of food first? Yeah, I don’t think so.”
- But let’s see what happens. The faith of this woman is being tested. Right? Do you see this?
- She has next to nothing left. Watch what Elijah says to her next.
 1 Kings 17:14 For thus saith the LORD God of Israel, The barrel of meal shall not waste, neither shall the cruse of oil fail, until the day that the LORD sendeth rain upon the earth.
- When a man shows up at your door saying things like this, you should listen.
- “That barrel of meal you have will not be emptied. You won’t run out.”
- “The bottle of oil you have there will not run out. It will not fail you.”
- In other words, “We will have plenty of meal and plenty of oil in those containers until God sends rain.”
- You can’t grow food without rain. Everything dies without rain.
- Did this woman believe Elijah? Let’s see.
 1 Kings 17:15-16 And she went and did according to the saying of Elijah: and she, and he, and her house, did eat many days. 16 And the barrel of meal wasted not, neither did the cruse of oil fail, according to the word of the LORD, which he spake by Elijah.
- God’s words do not fail. Understand that. HIS WORDS WILL NEVER FAIL. They will never pass away.
- Trust in His words because they will not fail you. EVER.
- I want to continue where we left off in Matthew Chapter 6.
 Matthew 6:28-29 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: 29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
 Matthew 6:30-31 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? 31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
- That’s not a suggestion from Jesus Christ. That’s a commandment from Him.
- Do you believe “IN HIM?” Do you believe what He says? Or not? Remember, His words won’t fail you.
- Trust what He says right here. You can lose everything you have. Just like Elijah.
- He didn’t have anything but God Almighty. When you have God, you have everything.
- Trust Him and He will supply all your needs.
You can lose your job, your car, your house, your family, your food, your drink, your clothing.
- You can lose everything, but trust in God, and He will take care of you. Do you trust Him or not?
- All of you have told me before that you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- You trust Him with your life. If your life was about to end right now, would you trust Him?
- He says, “Hey, I’ve got you. I’ll take care of you. I’ll take you to heaven when you pass away.”
Do you trust what He says to save you? Do you trust what He’s teaching us here in Matthew Chapter 6?
- If you trust Him with your life, you should trust Him with your food.
- If you trust Him to save you, you should trust Him to provide you with water.
- If He is YOUR SAVIOR, you should trust Him to provide you with a good job.
- You should trust Him with the health of your body. You should trust Him with all things.
- But if you were in that same situation as that woman, would you have trusted Him?
- Remember these things when you have troubles in your life. Don’t lose the faith.
Food, water, and clothing are the most basic needs. God says, “I got this. Stop worrying about it.”
- If you don’t worry about it, you are following His commands and you are trusting Him.
- THEN, He’s going to help you. Why? Because of your faith in Him. Did Elijah have faith? Oh yes he did.
- He had great faith in God. And God shows you what faith will do for you.
- Elijah had all types of problems. God never promises you won’t have problems.
- You will have problems. Even with great faith, Elijah had great problems. But God solved them.
- He walked in faith. Will you do the same thing?
- Take no thought. “What shall we eat? What shall we drink? What will we wear?” Who cares!!!
- Skip a meal or two. See what it feels like. You won’t die. You’ll make it through.
 Matthew 6:32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
- Do you not think God KNOWS that you NEED these things?
- You don’t say, “Well, I guess God forgot that I needed water today.”
- “Well, I guess God forgot that I needed food today.” Oh, yes, He knows these things.
- He knows far greater things than these. He made you. He knows what you need.
- The Gentiles seek after all these things. Your heavenly Father knows that you have need of all these things.
- He’s watching over you. He’s around. He’s not asleep. He’s not taking a nap. He didn’t forget about you.
- Now to the Scripture that this sermon is titled after. Pay very close attention to this Scripture.
 Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
- When you don’t know what to do in your life, what do you do?
- When you’re having trouble and can’t figure something out, what do you do?
- When you’re worried about your children, what do you do?
- When you’re worried about your job, what do you do?
- When you’re sick and you don’t know how you’re going to get better, what do you do?
- There’s your answer. Don’t miss it. It’s so simple, but yet, we don’t get it sometimes.
“BUT SEEK YE FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD, AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS.”
- If you seek God first and His righteousness, what happens? God takes care of all these things for you.
- Life is so simple, but we get caught up in life over and over again. We get tangled up in life.
- But how can we stay out of all those tangles and all those traps?
- We simply seek God, His words, His commands, His righteousness.
- “And ALL 100% of these things shall be added unto you.”
What Should You Do When You’re Having Problems?
When you’re having lots of trouble with something, what should you do?
- Should you attack on your own and try to conquer it on your own?
- No. Seek ye FIRST the kingdom of God and His righteousness.
- Don’t get everything out of order.
When you want the best for your children and you want them to be around good people, what do you do?
- Do you try to find the best private school available? No. That’s not seeking God.
- Do you try to find the best nanny ever? No. That’s not seeking God.
- That’s not following His words in the Bible either. That’s directly going against His words.
When you’re sick, and you aren’t getting any better, do you seek the doctor first?
- Or do you depend on God to get you through it all?
- What are you going to do? Who will you go to first?
Are you going to depend on men and women of this world who came from the dirt?
- Or, will you depend on God Almighty who is from above? WHO IS “THE” ALMIGHTY?
- Who would you rather have helping you? Oh, the timing isn’t fast enough for you?
- “God, you aren’t fast enough for me. You’re going to slow for me.”
- God isn’t working at the speed you want? Oh, so now you’re going to give Him better plans.
- I guarantee you that He’s fast enough. He can command anything He wants done at any time.
- With a snap of a finger, He could destroy this entire world and have a new one to replace it.
- If it’s taking longer than you want, I guarantee God has a good reason for it. DEAL WITH IT.
- Keep the faith. Don’t give up. God is there.
 Matthew 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
- Why worry and think about all these things? You’re simply wasting time and making things worse.
- Go to the word of God. Read. Study. Pray. Think about others versus yourselves.
- Don’t always pray for ME, ME, ME. Is this what all your prayers are for?
- God, please help ME. God, please give ME what I want. God, please heal ME.
- God, please, it’s all about ME. Don’t you know this, God? Oh, trust me, He knows you.
- Try praying for others who need help. Try making it about others versus yourself always.
Just think if God were selfish in that way. I’m so glad we have a good, good God and heavenly Father.
- He isn’t selfish. He’s always seeking better for everyone else. He wants you to have good things.
- He wants to supply you with good things. He wants you to have EVERLASTING LIFE.
- He simply wants you to trust Him. Look at everything He’s done for you. He’s proven Himself to you.
- He’s done all these things for you. He’s given you life. He’s not selfish. He loves you.
- He puts you first. He died for you so that you could live. Why not trust Him? Why not seek Him?
Do you have problems? Don’t worry about those problems. Instead, seek God.
- But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and He’ll take care of all those things. It’s that simple.
- It’s that easy. God has made everything easy for us. We’ve made it hard. IT’S VERY SIMPLE.
- All your problems can be solved by simply seeking God. That’s it.
- Some problems you have aren’t so big of problems. Sometimes we get in a hurry.
- For what reason? If you HAVE everlasting life, why are you in such a hurry?
- You’re never going to die. So just seek God. And everything will be better.
- You’ll even forget about the so-called problems you thought you had. They really aren’t that important.
God gets you through everything when you trust in Him. Has He not? Think about your life.
- Every problem that I’ve ever had has been taken care of. I don’t even remember most of them.
- We follow after God and His ways. We help each other. We pray for each other.
- We don’t make everything all about ourselves. We don’t make decisions in life on what’s best for ME.
- What’s best for MY children? That’s what I’m going to do. REALLY?
- Do you REALLY understand what’s best for your children?
- The best thing for your children is for YOU to seek ye first the kingdom of God.
- Don’t make it all about you, your family, your children, your wife, your husband, your stuff.
 1 Corinthians 10:24-26 Let no man seek his own, but every man another’s wealth. 25 Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake: 26 For the earth is the Lord’s, and the fulness thereof.
- Don’t seek after your own interests constantly. Care for other people. Help other people.
- Those children that you think are YOURS, yeah, God gave you those blessings.
- But they are God’s children. FOR THE EARTH IS THE LORD’S. Everything you see? Take a look.
- It’s God’s. You aren’t taking any of it with you. It’s all His. You might say? Not that car out there.
- That’s MY CAR. No it’s not. Everything about that car was only made possible because of God.
- The material it’s made out of was only possible by using materials that God gave us. It’s not ours.
- YOU HAVE NOTHING. None of it is yours. If you think so, try to take it with you when you die.
 1 Timothy 6:6-8 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
- You came into this world with nothing, and you’ll leave with nothing because it’s not yours.
- God is showing you this within His Scriptures. So, what’s the problem?
- We have to worry about all these other things that aren’t even ours.
- We only have them because God allows us to have them.
- I only have my job because God gave me the job. He can take it away any time He wants.
- We have to understand these things. We can’t always be wanting more things for ourselves.
- We cannot be selfish because being selfish isn’t helping us AT ALL.
 1 Corinthians 10:33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.
- We don’t seek our own profit. We want people to be saved for the profit of many.
- We want people to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. This is what profits MANY. Not just ourselves.
 1 Corinthians 12:25-26 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another. 26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
- You don’t want to bring everyone down with you when you won’t follow God’s words.
- You don’t want to be selfish and only care about yourself. This will cause suffering for everyone else.
- CARE FOR OTHERS. When you do that, others will care for you IF they aren’t selfish.
- Some people will come along who always want to take from others but never want to give to others.
- We don’t need selfishness within the body of Jesus Christ.
- We seek Him first and there is no selfishness in Jesus Christ.
 Romans 14:12-13 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. 13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother’s way.
- We should NEVER put stumblingblocks in each other’s way as the family of God.
- This means we don’t constantly try to bring other’s down through our faults.
- We know we have the faults. We allow others to help us with them. We listen to them.
- We learn from them because we all have the Scriptures to teach us.
We don’t ignore the Scriptures because they don’t match with what we want in our flesh.
- We don’t do things the wrong way and then say, “Bear ye one another’s burdens.”
- We don’t bring others into our problems that we have due to sin.
- What do we do first? We get it right. We SEEK YE FIRST THE SCRIPTURES. We get it right.
- Things will usually start working much better for you when you seek the Scriptures first.
Is Someone Going Through Tribulation Because Of Doing Right?
When someone is going through problems because of doing right, then we help them. We lift them up.
- If we help them for doing wrong that they don’t want to correct, we are doing wrong.
- We don’t reward those who are going against God just because they go to church with us.
- We don’t contribute to the sin. This is loving them. We tell them the truth no matter what.
- When someone wants to go against God, they are putting a stumblingblock in our ways.
- That’s another commandment. Don’t make your family in God stumble. Do right always.
 Romans 15:1-2 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. 2 Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification.
- Following these Scriptures is SEEKING THE KINGDOM OF GOD first.
- When we do these things, THEN God will add all other things to us.
- But we don’t do these things because we know God is going to reward us.
- That’s missing the entire point, and it won’t work that way.
- If you’re strong in the FAITH, you should help bear the infirmities of the weak.
- It’s not to please yourself. That’s selfish once again. You help that person through the truth.
Most people believe others are doing them wrong because they only think of themselves.
- You always have to take a step back and ask, “Am I the one doing them wrong?”
- “Am I causing them to stumble because I’m not seeking God first?”
- “Am I causing them more burden because I’m not following the Scriptures?”
- Do you see how this works? Always think about what you’re doing to cause issues for others.
- We want to be mindful of everyone else and not always ourselves.
- Jesus didn’t think of Himself when He died for you and I. He was thinking of you. Not Himself.
- He’s always been thinking of you. You were on His mind at the foundation of the world.
- Before you were born you were on His mind. He is not selfish.
 Galatians 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
- We are to serve one another by following God’s commandments.
- We seek Him first by doing what He says. When we do this, everything else is taken care of.
- We have love for each other because we seek God and follow His commandments.
 Galatians 6:1-2 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. 2 Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
- We know that we are to bear one another’s burdens. We help each other.
- We don’t do everything for a lazy person but each person helps the other. We speak truth.
- We use God’s words to help each other. We follow His commands and that is always best for us.
 Philippians 2:3-5 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. 4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. 5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
- Let us esteem others better than our own selves. This is called seeking God first.
- Don’t worry so much about yourself all the time. Think about God first and what He wants.
- And He wants you to also think about others and what they need.
- And this isn’t always money. We must stop thinking in terms of fleshly things.
We must think of spiritual things. For example, I need your prayers every day.
- If I could ask you for anything, it would be for you to include me in your prayers.
- I don’t want anything else. Just prayers. And that’s the best thing you can do for me.
- Some people might think: “Well Josh seems to be doing well so he doesn’t need my prayers.”
- No, we all need your prayers. Think about each other.
- Think about people who are unsaved more than me. I’m going to make it. I’m doing fine.
Verse 5 right there says, “Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.”
- Jesus became a servant for us. He was made in the likeness of men so He could be our Savior.
- We need to remember that He was always thinking of others. Be like Jesus Christ.
- Why do we think of others? What’s the entire point of all of this?
 2 Timothy 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect’s sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
- That’s the entire point of the Bible and His words. Seek ye first the Kingdom of God.
- Once you’ve found salvation in Jesus Christ, the fight has just begun.
- Now it’s time to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We must think of each other in this.
- Do you know how to give the Gospel to others? Do you have the Scriptures you’ll use?
- Do you have your Bible marked to show others the Scriptures so they can be saved?
 1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
- We MUST stop seeking ourselves first. Think about that.
- If you’re running out of food, do you want to protect that food for yourselves?
- That’s the first instinct we have in our flesh. SAVE IT ALL FOR OURSELVES.
- Understand that God will take care of you when you give it all to others.
- “Here, I don’t need this. Take it. God will provide.”
Think about what God can do. He is the endless supplier of all things. There is no end to His supply.
- The bread shelves in His grocery aren’t empty. The milk is never gone. He always has supplies.
- He speaks and creates. So why do we worry about all of those other things?
- Jesus says, “Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you.”
- Jesus wants us to serve others. He wants us to give all we have for others.
- Even when the others hate you, reject you, yell at you to get off their porch, we continue.
- We don’t stop fighting the fight of faith. We continue to spread the Gospel no matter what.
 Colossians 3:1-2 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
- Look, that’s the answer to all your problems here on this earth. That’s it. I hope you see this today.
- SEEK THOSE THINGS WHICH ARE ABOVE. Seek spiritual things. Seek God’s words.
- Seek wisdom. Seek understanding. Study His words every day with everything you have.
- Listen to His words. Read His words. Christ is sitting there above us at the right hand of God.
- Seek after Him. Understand what He wants from you, and then go do it. We’re here to help each other.
Set your affection on things above. The words in the Bible are from above. Seek those words.
- If you want a part of heaven, then you have it in your hands with the Bible.
- You will never go wrong with the Bible. When you’re having trouble one day, go to the Bible.
- Go to His words. He will comfort you. The Holy Spirit within you will comfort you.
- A whole tub of ice cream won’t do it. An entire pizza won’t do it. Alcohol and drugs won’t do it.
- Pain pills won’t do it. A new home won’t do it. A new car won’t do it. The lottery won’t help.
- But God’s words will help and you have them. He preserved all His words for you and I.
 Psalm 16:11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
- You come into the presence of God when you come to church. He is here with us.
- The best part of every week for me is church. “In thy presence is fulness of joy.”
- When you’re in the presence of God, there is nothing better than that. That’s why we seek Him.
- He is only good. He is THE BEST there ever was and ever will be.
Think Of The Best Times In Your Life
You can think of the best memory in this life that you’ve ever had. Think about some of those.
- Think about when you’re children were born. Think about the happiness and the joy of those times.
- Think about your wedding day and the happiness and joy of that day.
- Well, guess what? That joy is multiplied by infinity when we are in the presence of the Lord.
- “At they right hand there are pleasures FOR EVERMORE!!!”
 Psalm 73:25-26 Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. 26 My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
- All these things here on earth will pass away including your flesh. Your flesh and heart will fail.
- They are just flesh from the dirt of this earth that God made.
- Your strength isn’t your flesh. That’s your weakness. But God is the strength of my HEART AND SOUL.
- He is my portion forever. Understand that. Everlasting life is forever.
- You have everlasting life IF you’ve believed on Jesus Christ, and it’s never ending.
 Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
- Seeking things of this earth is carnally minded. “I need this. I need that. I need more money.”
- “I need a bigger house. I need a better deal so that person loses money and I make more money.”
- Think about someone else for a change. The world teaches you to get everything you can from others.
- Take us much as you can get. TAKE, TAKE, TAKE. God says, “GIVE, GIVE, GIVE.”
- Give to others. Don’t take from them. Spiritually minded is LIFE and PEACE.
 2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
- We don’t see God, but we know He’s there. The things that are not seen are eternal.
- Seek those things. All these other things that you see? Look around. They are temporary.
- Why would we seek after those things? Yes, a new car is shiny and looks great to us.
- But why do we need that? We don’t. Winning someone to Jesus Christ is far greater.
- That leads to eternal life which nothing on this earth can compare. Not even close.
 Philippians 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
- Just wait for the good things that are to come. Understand they are coming.
- Jesus is coming back. You will receive a brand new body that doesn’t sin. That’s glorious.
- Keep your conversation about heaven and how to help win others to Jesus Christ.
- We use our experiences in this life to learn. We listen to others experiences to learn.
- How can we do better next time? How do win more people to the Lord Jesus Christ.
- This is what God wants. His will is for all people to be saved, and He gave us that job to do.
- There is no better job than that. And He gave it to you. You’ve been promoted.
- You’re working for THE HIGHEST. You’re working for the Almighty God who is in heaven above.
 Hebrews 11:13-14 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. 14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
- Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you.
- Die in faith. You haven’t received all the promises yet. But you see them and know they are yours.
- You embrace those promises. You forget about all the fleshly things that you’re worried about.
- You understand that you’re just a stranger and a pilgrim on the earth. You aren’t home.
- Your home is with God, and one day you will be home with God. You seek a new country.
 Hebrews 11:15-16 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. 16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.
- You desire a better country. You desire a heavenly country. That’s what I want.
- I don’t want creepy and sleepy Joe as my leader. I want God Almighty as my leader.
- Think of the difference there. It’s night and day. It’s dark versus light. It’s evil versus righteousness.
- We desire a better country and that’s why we seek the Kingdom of God above all things.
- We have no room any more to seek all those other things.
On this earth, people are ashamed to mention God. We are not ashamed.
- Will it upset someone if we mention God? We don’t care. We are not ashamed.
- We are not ashamed to call THE God Almighty our God. For he hath prepared for us a city.
- Understand that today. SEEK GOD. Forget all the other worries. Who cares?
- You have everlasting life now, and God is building a place just for you. Imagine how great it will be.