- Sermon Slides for Sermon An Overview Of The Book Of Revelation: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon An Overview Of The Book Of Revelation: PDF
- Audio MP3 for Sermon An Overview Of The Book Of Revelation: Audio
- Video MP4 for Sermon An Overview Of The Book Of Revelation: Video
 The title of the sermon: “AN OVERVIEW OF THE BOOK OF REVELATION.”
Let’s Understand Revelation At A Higher Level
- Today, we’re going to look at an overview of the Book of Revelation.
- This overview is going to help you understand Revelation from a higher level.
- Sometimes, in this church, we take a step back from all the details and see the bigger picture.
The Book of Revelation has 22 chapters and 404 verses.
- It only takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes to read through the entire Book of Revelation.
- The number of words in Revelation make up about 1.5% of the entire Bible.
- The number of verses in Revelation make up about 1.3% of the entire Bible.
- In other words, the Book of Revelation is not a long book. It’s not difficult to understand.
- We can read through it very quickly and over and over again to better understand this book.
I want to ask for some children volunteers to help hand out this Revelation chapters outline: Book Of Revelation Outline
- I know the print is small for some of you, but I can read this holding it out as far as I can.
- If you have trouble reading this, you should go in prayer and ask for God to help your eyes.
- “Please God help improve my eyes so I can see this Book of Revelation outline.”
The Book of Revelation is split into two parts, and this outline helps you to see this today.
- Revelation Chapter 1 through 11 is in perfect chronological order.
- The events in those chapters happen in order.
- When you get to Revelation Chapter 12, we see that we go back in time.
- From that point in Revelation Chapter 12, the events go in chronological order again.
 Revelation 12:1-3 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: 2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered. 3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
 Revelation 12:4-5 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born. 5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
- This child is going to rule all nations with a rod of iron. Who rules with a rod of iron?
- This is Jesus Christ being born here in Revelation Chapter 12. There is no other option.
- The child being born is Jesus. As Jesus was born, there were people who wanted Him dead.
- The dragon is Satan who is attempting to devour the child as soon as He was born.
So, in Revelation Chapter 1 through 11, we’re going through the order of end times events.
- When we get to Revelation Chapter 12, we see this marker in the Scriptures that we’re going back in time.
- Right? We see these same types of markers in other books of the Bible. The Book of Daniel is similar.
- Daniel is in chronological order from Daniel Chapter 1 through Daniel Chapter 6.
- When we get to Daniel Chapter 7, we go back in time.
- Then Daniel Chapter 7 through Daniel Chapter 12 are in chronological order.
- The Book of Revelation and the Book of Daniel are organized the same way.
- You need to see this and understand this to learn the Book of Revelation properly.
Revelation 1 through 11 in chronological order.
- Revelation 12 goes back in time and starts in chronological order again.
- We’ll see many of the same events in the first half of Revelation mentioned in the second half.
- We’ll see more detail in the second half of the Book of Revelation.
- When we put all of this together, the Book of Revelation is amazing. It’s perfect.
- You get all of this information is this very short book. You know it’s written by God.
- Let’s start in Revelation Chapter 1 as this chapter gives us an overview of the outline of Revelation.
 Revelation 1:1-2 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
- We see that this entire book is the revelation of Jesus Christ.
- This revelation is given form God to Jesus Christ to John who is giving all these things to us.
- This is the apostle John who wrote the Gospel of John. Same man. This is not John the Baptist.
- This book is written to saved people. Only saved people can be the servants of God.
- This is an introduction to the book and a greeting to the seven churches.
 Revelation 1:19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;
- That’s the outline of this book. There’s the past, the present, and the future.
- Jesus tells John to 1) write the things which thou has seen or the past, 2) write the things which are or the present, and 3) write the things which shall be hereafter or future.
- Do you see that? So, of course, John is going to write what Jesus tells him to write.
- Revelation Chapter 1 are the things of the past.
- Revelation Chapter 2 and 3 are the things of the present.
- Before I show you the future phase of the first half of Revelation, notice what the end of the verse says.
- “And the things which shall be hereafter.”
 Revelation 4:1-2 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. 2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
- The voice in heaven says, “Now let me show you the things which must be HEREAFTER.”
- So, we know that we’re getting the future events in Revelation Chapter 4 through Revelation Chapter 11.
- Then we know that we go back to the past when we see Jesus Christ being born in Revelation Chapter 12.
- And then we move forward into the future from Revelation Chapter 12 through 22.
- And you’ll easily see this now as you read through the Bible. This is not man-made doctrine.
- You’ll see this is the truth as you read the Bible for yourself word for word. There are no tricks in the Bible.
With that said, we know that Revelation Chapter 4 begins the future end times events.
- That means we know for sure that Revelation Chapter 1, 2, and 3 are not future events.
- We see the 7 churches in Revelation 2 and Revelation 3. We know they aren’t future churches.
- We know they aren’t future church ages like the dispensationalists want to teach. They are liars.
- The Bible proves this. Write the things which must be hereafter. That’s in Revelation 4.
- Revelation 2 and 3 consists of churches in the present age that John was living in at that time.
- Those 7 churches existed at the time John was living. We can learn great lessons from those churches.
So, again, Revelation 4 starts the future end times events. In Revelation 4, John is caught up in the spirit.
- Verse 2 says, “And immediately I was in the spirit.” Why did that happen?
- He was caught up in the spirit so God could show him the things which must be hereafter.
- This isn’t the rapture like false preachers will teach. The rapture is a bodily resurrection.
- John wasn’t caught up to heaven in his body. He was immediately in the spirit in heaven. Not in his body.
What Happens First In End Time Events?
What do we see first with regards to the end times events?
- When we look to Revelation Chapter 5, we see the book with seven seals.
- No man is worthy to open the book. But Jesus, the lamb of God, can open the book with the seven seals.
- We see the first seal opened in Revelation Chapter 6. This is the first end times event that will happen.
- This is what we’re looking for next. It’s not the rapture. The rapture hasn’t happened yet.
There are no Scriptures showing the rapture up to this point in Revelation Chapter 6.
- We don’t see Jesus coming in the clouds, a trumpet sounding, and a multitude of people being gathered together.
- We haven’t seen that at all yet. When you read through the Book of Revelation in detail, look for that.
- Look for the signs that Jesus tells us to look for in Matthew Chapter 24, Mark Chapter 13, and Luke Chapter 21.
- We haven’t seen the signs of His second coming yet. We haven’t seen the rapture yet.
- Let’s see this first event that is happening before the second coming of Jesus Christ and the rapture.
 Revelation 6:1-2 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see. 2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
- The opening of the first seal is the first end times event. What happens there?
- You see the antichrist coming on a white horse. That’s not Jesus Christ.
- The antichrist is going to be an imitation of Jesus Christ. He’s going to announce that he is God later on.
- He’s trying to deceive people into believing that he is Jesus Christ. But we know he’s not.
- This is why you need to know the order of end times events. You need to know what’s happening next.
- And this is in perfect order within the Book of Revelation.
The false preachers have made this difficult to understand. It’s not difficult at all.
- It’s very easy because you have the Holy Spirit to teach you.
- First event. Antichrist on a white horse coming to conquer. He has a bow. He’s a mighty hunter.
- Nimrod was a mighty hunter. He had a one-world kingdom. He was a picture of the antichrist.
- Esau was a hunter. He had his kingdom in Mount Seir.
- The antichrist has a bow and a crown. He’s going to have a kingdom just like Nimrod and Esau.
- In Revelation Chapter 6, we see 6 seals being opened.
Seal 1 is the white horse with the antichrist.
- Seal 2 is the red horse that takes peace. We’re going to see wars. The opposite of peace is war.
- Seal 3 is a black horse with balances. We’re going to see famine.
- All of these things are happening before the second coming of Jesus Christ.
- All of these things are happening before the rapture takes place.
- None of these seals are the wrath of God. We see the day of God’s wrath come later on.
- And I’ll show you that. But understand that the seals are the tribulation.
- Seal 1 with the coming of the antichrist is the start of the tribulation.
Seal 4 in Revelation Chapter 6 is the pale horse that kills with the sword. We see hunger and death.
- In seal 5, we see souls under the altar in heaven that are slain for the word of God.
- During the tribulation, God’s people will be slain. They will not bow down to the antichrist.
- They will not be deceived. They will understand the Book of Revelation that God has given us.
- They will know the order of events and what to watch for.
- Seal 5 consists of martyrs. We know that God’s wrath hasn’t started yet.
 Revelation 6:9-10 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
- They ask God, “How much longer is it going to be until you avenge our blood?”
- So we know that everything that has happened so far is not God’s wrath being poured out.
- This is the tribulation, and God is not the one causing all the issues.
- God is not the one killing His own people here. It’s the antichrist who is given power from Satan.
- “How much longer, God, will it be until you pour out your wrath?”
 Revelation 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
- God says, “Wait just a little while longer. It’s almost time.”
- “There are still others to be killed that stand up for my words.”
- Understand that it’s a great privilege to be chosen to die for God’s words. Don’t be afraid.
- Don’t give in to all the lies in this world. Be like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.
- Be like Stephen. Be like John the Baptist. Be like Abel, Zechariah, James, Antipas.
- Be like the two witnesses we see in Revelation. Don’t be afraid to stand up for God.
- God will take care of you. He’ll give you a white robe. “Rest yet for a little season.”
- In other words, the great day of the Lord, a great and terrible day, is almost here.
Is that not what this is saying? God’s people will go through tribulation. You can see this in all these Scriptures.
- God’s people are being killed for the words of Jesus Christ. They are standing up for God’s words.
- And they are being killed for it.
- But the pre-tribulation rapture false preachers say, “You won’t have to go through tribulation.”
- Is that Scriptural? No, it’s not. They’ve made up all these lies that don’t match with the Bible.
- The rapture hasn’t happened in the Book of Revelation through this point. You won’t find it yet.
- So, we’re at the fifth seal. This is still the tribulation. Seals 1 through 5 are tribulation.
- What do you think comes next? What’s after 5? Seal 6 is up next.
 Revelation 6:12-13 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; 13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
- This is one of the most important Scriptures in the Book of Revelation because it disproves the pre-tribulation rapture and shows that the second coming of Jesus Christ is very near.
- The rapture hasn’t happened yet. The second coming is very near.
- The great and terrible day of the Lord is near. The rapture is very near.
What do you see right here in Revelation Chapter 6 verses 12 and 13?
- You see the sixth seal being opened. A great earthquake. The sun is turned to black. The sun is darkened.
- The moon became as blood. The moon is darkened. The stars of heaven fell unto the earth.
- A fig tree is mentioned. A fig tree is a sign to us. These are the signs Jesus tells us to watch for.
- In Matthew Chapter 24, Mark Chapter 13, and Luke Chapter 21, Jesus Himself tells us to look for these signs.
- When you see these signs, He says that His second coming is here. He’s coming in the clouds.
- When you see the sun and moon darkened and the stars fall from heaven, He’s coming back.
 Matthew 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
- Then Jesus gives us the order of events in this chapter.
- We see the antichrist, wars, famine, pestilence, death, earthquakes, sorrows. We see tribulation.
- All of this matches the seals that are being opened in the Book of Revelation.
- We see people being delivered up in Matthew Chapter 24 to be killed.
- We see false prophets arising everywhere. We see the abomination of desolation.
- We see tribulation turn into great tribulation.
 Matthew 24:21-22 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.
- Before Jesus comes back, there will be GREAT TRIBULATION. The rapture hasn’t happened yet.
- You don’t see it in Matthew 24, Mark 13, or Luke 21 until AFTER THE TRIBULATION.
- We see many people claiming to be Christ. We see them say that Christ is hiding in secret places.
- Jesus Christ doesn’t hide when He comes back. Every eye shall see Him coming in the clouds.
- We see the false prophets trying to deceive people. Why? Because Jesus hasn’t come back yet.
- Keep in mind that the disciples asked Jesus when He was coming back?
- “Jesus, when are you coming back? Jesus, when is your second coming?”
 Matthew 24:29-30 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
- Is that not the second coming of Jesus Christ? How do we know this?
- “Then shall appear the Son of man in heaven. They shall see the Son of man COMING IN THE CLOUDS.”
- This is His second coming. What are the signs we’re looking for?
- “The sun shall be darkened and the moon shall not give her light.”
- Jesus Himself says that these signs are IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TRIBULATION.
When The Sun And Moon Are Darkened, The Second Coming Is Happening
So, this tells us when His second coming is happening.
- Now, what do we do? We search for the sun and moon being darkened in Revelation.
- And where did we just see this happening? Let’s read it again.
 Revelation 6:12-13 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; 13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
- There are the signs exactly. When the sixth seal is opened, the tribulation is over.
- Why? Because Jesus says, “Immediately AFTER the tribulation the sun shall be darkened.”
- When the sun is darkened, that means the tribulation is over.
- When we get to this point in the Book of Revelation, we know the tribulation is over.
But false preachers say that the tribulation continues until Revelation Chapter 19.
- But is that what the Scriptures teach? No. The Scriptures go together perfectly and can’t be twisted.
- God’s words are perfect. Man-made doctrine is flawed and filled with lies. Who will you listen to?
- God’s words or false preachers that came from the dirt? God from heaven above or man from the dirt?
- We know that the tribulation is now over at this point in Revelation Chapter 6 and at the 6th seal.
- We know that Jesus is now coming in the clouds with power and great glory. Every eye shall see Him.
- This won’t be a secret. EVERY EYE SHALL SEE HIM. The great and terrible day of the Lord is here.
 Revelation 6:14-15 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. 15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
 Revelation 6:16-17 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: 17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
- Now, we know the great day of His wrath is come. God’s wrath is not a part of the tribulation.
- The tribulation is over and now the great day of His wrath is come. Jesus Christ has great wrath.
- “From the wrath of the Lamb.” The second coming of Jesus Christ is here.
- He’s coming in the clouds to rapture His saved people and resurrect all saved people in new bodies.
- He’s come to save the ones who are alive and remain from the tribulation.
The second coming of Jesus Christ happens on the great day of the Lord which is immediately after the tribulation.
- The rapture happens on the day of the Lord at the second coming of Jesus Christ.
- Watch what happens next in Matthew Chapter 24.
 Matthew 24:30-31 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
- What do we see? We see the Son of man in heaven. It’s a bad day for the unsaved.
- This happens right after the sixth seal is opened and the tribulation is over.
- Jesus is coming in the clouds. We see a great trumpet sounding.
- We see the angels gathering together the elect from one end of heaven to the other.
- All the saved people from heaven and from earth will be gathered together in the clouds with Jesus.
- This happens at the second coming of Jesus Christ.
 Matthew 24:32-33 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: 33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
- We see the fig tree mentioned that we just saw mentioned in Revelation Chapter 6.
- All of this goes together perfectly and in the exact same order.
- Here’s the rapture verses that match Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21 perfectly.
 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
- We see a trumpet sounding. We see Jesus coming in the clouds.
- This matches the Book of Revelation perfectly TWICE.
- Remember that these events happen twice in the Book of Revelation.
- God confirms this EXACT order of events many different times within the Bible.
- This order of end times events is so easy to see when you simply look at the Bible for what it says.
- In Revelation, we know the first 5 seals are tribulation. Then we see the sun and moon darkened.
- We know the tribulation is over. Then we see Jesus coming at His second coming.
We see the Day of the Lord is here but we see the 144,000 must be sealed on this day of the Lord.
- This happens in Revelation Chapter 7 on the Day of the Lord.
- The 144,000 are going to be sealed so they are not hurt by God’s wrath.
- Then they are going to be sent into the earth to preach the everlasting Gospel.
- God still hasn’t given up on people. The 144,000 are male virgins from the 12 tribes of Israel.
- These will be saints who have already died and are already in heaven. The rapture hasn’t happened yet.
- So these people weren’t taken in the rapture from earth. They are already in heaven.
- We should see the rapture coming soon in Revelation Chapter 7.
Before I show you the Scriptures with the rapture in Revelation Chapter 7, what happens at the rapture?
- The rapture Scriptures are still showing on the screen there.
- The dead in Christ shall rise first. The bodies of all the dead who are saved will rise first.
- They will rise into heaven, into the clouds of heaven, with Jesus Christ.
- Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds.
- “So shall we ever be with the Lord.”
John Is Still In The Spirit And God Is Still Showing Him These Things
In Revelation Chapter 7, John is still there in heaven in the spirit so God can show Him these things.
- He’s standing beside an elder in this chapter.
- Watch what happens after the 144,000 are sealed in heaven.
- This happens directly AFTER the 144,000 from the 12 tribes of Israel are sealed.
 Revelation 7:9-10 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; 10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
- This great multitude shows up in heaven instantly. These are the people from the rapture.
- Notice that they are clothed with white robes. Remember the white robes as we continue.
- Watch what the next verses say.
 Revelation 7:11-12 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God, 12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
 Revelation 7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
- So this great multitude of people immediately show up in heaven.
- This elder looks at John and asks, “What are these which are arrayed in white robes?”
- “Where did they come from?” That means they just showed up immediately out of nowhere.
 Revelation 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
- The elder answers, “These are they which came out of great tribulation.”
- These are all those from the rapture. The rapture happens immediately after the tribulation.
- We see tribulation that turns to great tribulation because people are being killed.
- And then we see the second coming of Jesus Christ who raptures them away and saves them.
- This is all in perfect order and multiple passages within the Bible confirm this order of events.
- God’s wrath is now coming. The 144,000 were sealed so they aren’t hurt by God’s wrath.
- And God’s people were raptured from the earth so they aren’t hurt by God’s wrath.
Then what do we see next in Revelation? In Revelation Chapter 8, we see the 7th and final seal opened.
- There’s silence in heaven for about the space of half an hour.
- Again, this shows you that all of this is happening in one day. We see 30 minutes of silence here.
- And now is the time for God’s wrath to begin.
 Revelation 8:1-2 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour. 2 And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.
- We see the seven trumpets. Each trumpet will be God’s wrath being poured out.
- Trumpet 1 is hail and fire. Trumpet 2 is fire into the sea. Trumpet 3 is the star wormwood into the water.
- The water supplies will be corrupted. Trumpet 4 is darkness upon the earth.
- The 1/3 part of the sun, moon, and stars are darkened. Total darkness for 1/3 of the day.
- As we move into Revelation Chapter 9, we’ll see the 5th and 6th trumpet.
- Trumpets 5, 6, and 7 are the 3 WOE’S. And when God says, “WOE,” He means great distress.
- With trumpet 5, the bottomless pit is opened and smoke comes out. Locusts come out.
- This is the first woe.
 Revelation 9:3-4 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. 4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
 Revelation 9:5-6 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. 6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
- This torment will last for 5 months.
- For the 6th trumpet, we see the 4 angels loosed from the Euphrates River.
 Revelation 9:13-14 And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God, 14 Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.
 Revelation 9:15-16 And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men. 16 And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.
- Remember, angels are spirits. Right now, there are 4 angels in the Euphrates River.
- You can believe the Bible or not. They will be loosed at the 6th trumpet.
- What do they do? They go out to slay 1/3 of the men left on the earth. This is the second woe.
- This is God’s wrath being poured out on the earth.
- These are all the people alive that won’t believe in Jesus Christ.
- Then we see the seventh and final trumpet.
That’s the end of the first half of Revelation. Remember, this is just a brief overview of the Book of Revelation.
- I’m not going through every detail but trying to get you to see the overview from a higher level.
- So, the end times events go like this: 1) Tribulation, 2) Second Coming Of Jesus Christ with the Rapture, 3) God’s wrath is poured out.
In the second half of Revelation, we see Jesus Christ being born meaning we went back in time.
- That happens in Revelation Chapter 12. The woman flees into the wilderness.
 Revelation 12:5-6 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne. 6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
 Revelation 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
- We see tribulation here. She’s fleeing the tribulation that is happening.
 Revelation 12:7-9 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
- When the evil angels led by Satan are finally kicked out of heaven, then tribulation gets worse.
- So we see this order of events again. Tribulation first. Great tribulation.
- We see people being killed for the word of God. We’re seeing all these events happening a second time.
- So this is obviously a repeat of the end times events with more details.
In Revelation Chapter 13, we see the antichrist arise along with the false prophet.
- We are given more timing within the Book of Revelation.
- We won’t focus on all the exact timing in this Bible study. But exact durations are given.
For example, we know the entire period of the end times events is 7 years.
- About half that time is tribulation or about 3-1/2 years.
- God’s wrath is other half or about 3-1/2 years.
- Approximately, in the middle, is the second coming of Jesus Christ and the rapture.
- Tribulation for 3.5 years, second coming and rapture in the middle, God’s wrath for 3.5 years.
- The second half of Revelation gives us more detail past the 7 year period that we call Daniel’s 70th week.
- So, let’s keep going in this second half of Revelation.
We See The 144,000 In The First And Second Half Of Revelation
In Revelation Chapter 14, we see the 144,000 again. We’ve already seen them in the first half.
- Now we get even more detail of these same events.
- Remember what happened in the first half of Revelation after the 144,000 were sealed?
- The rapture happened directly after that. So, let’s see what happens in Revelation 14.
 Revelation 14:14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
- We see Jesus Christ in the clouds at His second coming right here. He has a sharp sickle.
- He’s going to reap the earth. He’s going to harvest His people from the earth. This is the rapture.
- One is taken while another is left. This is shown in Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21.
 Revelation 14:15-16 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe. 16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.
- The second coming of Jesus Christ just happened. The rapture just happened. What’s next?
- And now it’s time for God’s wrath. And that’s what we see in Revelation Chapter 14.
 Revelation 14:19-20 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God. 20 And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.
- The order is exact and perfect. Both halves of Revelation match up perfectly.
- Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21, 1 Thessalonians 4 and 5, and 1 Corinthians 15. All perfect matches.
- In Revelation Chapter 15, we see 7 angels with the 7 last plagues.
- These angels have 7 vials. In the first half of Revelation, we saw 7 trumpets.
These trumpets and vials are happening concurrently. Trumpet sounds, vial is poured out.
- 1st trumpet, 1st vial. 2nd trumpet, 2nd vial. 3rd trumpet, 3rd vial.
- And so on all the way through 7 trumpets and vials.
- Some false preachers will preach all of this out of order. They’ll say all the trumpets are first.
- Then all the vials are afterwards. Some will preach them out of order. “The 4th trumpets happens first.”
- None of that makes any sense. I need some children volunteers again to pass these out: Trumpets and Vials Comparison
Once you get these, you’ll see I put the trumpets and vials right next to each other.
- You can compare them yourselves. But notice trumpet 1 and vial 1 is upon the earth.
- You’ll see the underlines words on this trumpet and vial comparison sheet.
- Trumpet 2 and vial 2 is into and upon the sea. 3 is upon the rivers and fountains of water.
- 4 is of the sun and upon the sun. 5 is darkness. 6 is the great river Euphrates.
- And 7 is lightnings, voices, thunder, earthquakes, and hail.
You’ll see these vials all being poured out in Revelation Chapter 16. Babylon receives God’s wrath.
- Babylon is the mother of all abominations in Revelation Chapter 17. That great city will fall.
- We saw Babel fall in that one world government. We saw Babylon fall in Daniel.
- We see all these great kingdoms of the earth fall. And now Babylon the Great is falling one final time.
- We see Babylon destroyed with God’s wrath in Revelation Chapter 18.
We then see the Jesus on a white horse and all His saints following Him on white horses in Revelation Chapter 19.
- Some false preachers will call this the second coming of Jesus Christ.
- But we know that already happened. We’ve already seen this happen.
- The marriage supper of the Lamb is come in Revelation Chapter 19.
- Don’t let people deceive you and change the order of all these things.
- Here’s another handout with the order of events in Revelation. Need some volunteers again: Order of End Times Events
- Not much rest for the volunteers today.
Read Revelation Chapter 19 closely and you’ll never see the second coming of Jesus Christ mentioned.
- We see Jesus on a white horse starting in Revelation 19 verse 11.
- The word come, coming, or anything like it is never mentioned in these Scriptures.
- A trumpet or a trump sounding is never mentioned.
- Clouds are never mentioned. It’s nothing like the second coming of Jesus Christ.
- Revelation Chapter 1 tells us about the second coming of Jesus Christ.
 Revelation 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
- Behold HE COMETH with clouds. We’ve already seen that happen in Revelation.
- Long before Revelation Chapter 19. We already saw the great day of His wrath come.
- And that’s not in Revelation Chapter 19.
- Do you know what Jesus is getting ready for in Revelation Chapter 19?
- It’s not His second coming. It’s the Battle of Armageddon?
- The Battle of Armageddon has nothing to do with His second coming.
- His second coming has already happened. All the saints are already with Him from the prior rapture.
So, I’m still moving through the overview of the Book of Revelation.
- Many of these things we’re discussing are on the outline of Revelation that you have.
- We see the Battle of Armageddon happen in Revelation Chapter 19.
- And it’s not much of a battle.
 Revelation 19:19-20 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. 20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
- You don’t hear of God’s army losing anyone, but the other side loses their leaders quickly.
- The beast or antichrist is taken. The false prophet is taken. Both are cast alive into the lake of fire.
 Revelation 19:21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.
- The rest that were standing against God were slain with the sword of Him that sat upon the horse.
- Jesus takes care of everything. That’s not a battle. There is no battle when you come up against Jesus.
- We’re working our way towards the end of Revelation now.
- Now we’re at the point of seeing new things that we didn’t see in the first half of Revelation.
- We’re getting more details about the future now.
After the Battle of Armageddon, we see Satan bound for 1,000 years in the bottomless pit.
- An angel from heaven named Abaddon or Apollyon bounds Satan. That angel is stronger than Satan.
- Why? Because that angel is backed by the Almighty God and gives that angel the power to do so.
- So, we see Satan bound for 1,000 years only. Not forever yet, but just for 1,000 years.
 Revelation 20:2-3 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, 3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
- After the thousand years, Satan is going to be let go for a little season.
- So, what do we have left on earth? We have the saints there with Jesus now.
- They are in their glorified bodies. We have people in their bodies just like ours now who were saved.
- They were saved after the rapture took place. They missed the time to get a new body.
- But they’ll get one in the future right before the new heavens and the new earth.
- We also have unsaved people who weren’t destroyed in the Battle of Armageddon.
- God doesn’t destroy all the inhabitants of the earth with His wrath.
 Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
- While Satan is in the bottomless pit for 1,000 years, Jesus Christ is ruling and reigning here on earth.
- All the saints or saved people will rule and reign with Jesus Christ for 1,000 years.
- What you do right now in this life will determine what you’re ruling over in that thousand year period.
- That’s why we need to know the word of God. That’s why we need to study the word of God.
- That’s why we need to write all these things upon the tables of our heart.
- So we see the different types of people that will be living in this 1,000 year period of time.
Again, it will be people who have been raptured and have a new body just like Jesus Christ.
- This new body you’ll receive is not capable of sin. You will be ruling and reigning with Jesus Christ.
- There will be other saved people in their sinful flesh that will be living at the time.
- There will be people who pass away during the 1,000 years and will have a spiritual body.
- This spiritual body will be just like the people in heaven right now who don’t have the new body yet.
- Then we’ll have people who are unsaved living on earth at that time. Do you see this?
Will You Be Ruling And Reigning With Jesus Christ?
You’ll be ruling and reigning in your new body over all of those other people.
- Remember, Jesus Christ will rule with a rod of iron. His laws will be followed or the people will be punished.
- This is why it’s important for you to know and understand His words. You want to be a good ruler.
 Revelation 20:5-6 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
- People who die saved AFTER the rapture will not receive their new bodies until the thousand years are finished.
- Do you see this and understand this? I want to make sure you’re seeing all of these things today.
- The first resurrection is the rapture.
- The people who are saved after the rapture will have to wait for their new bodies.
- What happens after the thousand year reign of Jesus Christ? Let’s take a look.
 Revelation 20:7-8 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
- Satan is loosed for just a little season and he goes out and causes trouble again.
- Remember, Jesus Christ is ruling on earth when this happens. Not a good idea.
- Satan once again deceives the nations. There are all types of nations on earth.
- He’s a very good deceiver just as you see in today’s world.
- Even with Jesus Christ on earth, the people are deceived and come up against Jesus to fight.
- But we all know what happens.
 Revelation 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
- That was the Battle of Gog and Magog. Satan starts it. God finishes it once again.
- You’ll be there when that happens.
- You’ll step back with no fear or worries and know what’s going to happen. Get out of God’s way.
- Here comes the fire. Battle over. Not much of a battle once again.
- After this, Satan is thrown into hell once and for all. He’s finished. Eternal hell for him now.
 Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
- Right after this, the Great White Throne appears. This is a judgement of the dead.
- All the rest of all people will now be resurrected. The saved will now get new bodies.
- The thousand year reign of Jesus Christ on earth is over.
 Revelation 20:11-12 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
- The dead are all those from hell. They are judged according to their works.
- They are already dead and in hell. The judgement isn’t to see if they’re good enough for heaven now.
- The judgement is to see how much worse of a hell they’ll receive in the lake of fire.
- This is a bodily resurrection of the dead. When judged by your works, it will not be good.
 Revelation 20:13-15 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
- The dead are now delivered out of hell, judged according to their works, and case into the lake of fire.
- Now, hell is taken and cast out of the earth and into the lake of fire. It’s not located in the earth.
- God just got rid of all the evil in the earth. The only ones now left are the saved in their new bodies.
- And when you’re in your new body, NOW you are not capable of sin. Sin is now gone from the earth.
- You won’t have to worry about anything bad happening any more. No more tears. No more pain.
- No more suffering because these sinful bodies of ours are no longer there.
Since all sin is now gone. Since hell has been cast out into the lake of fire, a new heaven and new earth is seen.
- We see this new heaven and earth in Revelation Chapter 21.
- It’s a new earth. This one isn’t leaving, but it’s made new. You’ll see new things there.
- There is no more sea, as an example.
- We see the heavenly city coming down from heaven to the new earth.
- The city is described in Revelation Chapter 21. God the Father is there. He will now dwell with us.
- Why? There is no more sin. He’s done away with all of it and made ALL THINGS NEW.
- God lights the city. Nothing that defiles the city will ever enter into that city.
Revelation Chapter 22 shows us what the new heaven and earth is like.
- A pure river of water of life comes from the throne.
- We will be serving God. We will be working for God. That’s why He tells us to work now.
- He wants us to know that we will be working for Him and serving Him. He will have jobs for us.
- And jobs are good. It’s a good thing to serve God. There is no better job than that.
- To end the Book of Revelation, what do we see? We see some warnings from God Almighty.
 Revelation 22:18-19 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
- False preachers don’t take these warning very seriously. Pre-tribulation rapture teachers sure don’t.
- Don’t add to the words that are in the Book of Revelation. Don’t even think about it.
- Don’t take away from the words in the Book of Revelation. SEE THE WARNINGS.
- If God takes your part away from the Book of Life, there’s no way you’ll ever be saved.
- You don’t lose salvation, but you lose the opportunity to be saved.
- All names are written in the Book of Life from the beginning. Your name is taken out once you’re rejected.
 Revelation 22:20-21 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. 21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
- Jesus is coming quickly. We must trust the words of the Bible and stop listening to false preachers.
- So, you now have that outline of the Book of Revelation with you.
- You understand that the Book of Revelation only takes an hour and 15 minutes to read.
- You can check through everything I’ve told you today. Compare it to the Scriptures.
- You have the timeline of end times events. All of this is higher level without as much detail.
See The Verse By Verse Bible Study Of Revelation In Addition To This Overview
Once you understand the overview of Revelation, check out the verse by verse teaching that we’ve done.
- You’ll find all 22 chapters of Revelation verse by verse on the website.
- We’ve taken the events in Revelation and used the Bible to create a timeline that should be accurate.
So again, one last time as we close this out.
- The end times events begin with the antichrist and the tribulation.
- The antichrist is causing all the problems. He gets his power from Satan. Satan is behind the tribulation.
- Once we see the sun and moon darkened, we know the tribulation is over.
- Jesus comes in the clouds at His second coming. The rapture takes place.
- Then God’s wrath is poured out with the trumpets and the vials happening at the same time.
Babylon is fallen. We then see the marriage supper of the Lamb. The Battle of Armageddon takes place.
- The thousand year reign of Jesus Christ begins. Satan is in hell.
- Satan is then loosed from hell at the end of the 1,000 years.
- We see the Battle of Gog and Magog take place. Satan is sent to hell forever.
- All the dead are risen in their bodies for the Great White Throne judgement.
- That is the final resurrection of all bodies. The dead are judged according to their works.
- Death and hell are cast into the lake of fire.
- We see the new heaven and the new earth. We see God now dwells with us.
- And eternal life continues as we dwell with God Almighty who is the best thing to ever happen to us.
I hope this overview of the Book of Revelation has helped you to understand this book.
- If you have any questions, I’m here. We must work on understanding Revelation.
- Most other churches never touch the book. They are fearful of the book. Not here.
- We will study Bible prophecy, and we will understand it as God reveals all these things to us through His words.