The title of the sermon today is “BE YE SEPARATE.”
The Bible Commands You To Be Separate From The World
- Today, we’re going to talk about separation. The Bible tells us to be SEPARATE from the world.
- But it also tells us to separate from more than just the world.
- Today, we’re going to look at the Scripture that tells how to separate properly.
- “Come out from among them and BE YE SEPARATE!”
 2 Corinthians 6:14-18 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
- Today, we’re going to learn what it means to be separate.
- What does this passage in 2 Corinthians really mean?
- By the end of the sermon today, you’re going to know exactly what the Bible means when it says “BE YE SEPARATE.”
- Let’s start to understand what being separate means by starting in John Chapter 17.
- This is Jesus Christ HIMSELF speaking here during His last days on Earth.
- Jesus is praying to HIS FATHER in this Chapter right here. Let’s start in verse 14.
 John 17:14-17 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
- “I PRAY NOT THAT THOU SHOULDEST TAKE THEM OUT OF THE WORLD.”
- Separation is not leaving the world.
- We don’t physically remove ourselves from this world.
- We don’t go out in the middle of nowhere and create our own area.
- This would be physically separating ourselves from the world.
Instead, the Bible says to spiritually separate ourselves from this world.
- Jesus says, “BUT THAT THOU SHOULDEST KEEP THEM FROM EVIL.”
- He says, “Don’t take them out of this world but keep them from evil.”
- The New Testament tells us to “BE YE SEPARATE” in many, many places.
- We’re going to go over 1 Corinthians Chapter 5 in detail today.
- Please turn to 1 Corinthians Chapter 5. 7th book in the New Testament. 1 Corinthians Chapter 5.
 1 Corinthians 5:1-8 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father’s wife. 2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you. 3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed, 4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. 6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? 7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: 8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
- So, what is the Apostle Paul doing right here in this passage of Scripture?
- He’s JUDGING the situation.
- He says, “Hey, look, there’s fornication going on in the congregation.”
Fornication Is Wicked And We Should Be Disgusted By It
And he says, “This fornication is SO WICKED that even the world would be disgusted by it.”
- This is happening in YOUR CHURCH, Paul says.
- He says that it’s commonly reported and everyone knows it’s the truth. You can’t hide from it.
- And Paul is passing judgement on them for these sick and nasty acts.
- He says, “This person committing these acts needs to be delivered unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh so the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.”
When you JUDGE something as a Christian, people will accuse you of being PRIDEFUL or ARROGANT.
- They’ll say, “Oh, you think you’re so much better HUH?”
- If you say, “Hey, that’s WRONG. That’s a sin. You shouldn’t be doing that. That’s UNGODLY.”
- If you say, “Hey, that’s wicked! That’s worshipping a false god!
- “HEY, that doesn’t belong in church.”
- “That’s a lie. You’re a liar. You’re a false preacher. You’re a heretic.”
- See, when you say those things, these false Christians today will say “YOU’RE PRIDEFUL AND ARROGANT.”
- They’ll say, “You’re PUFFED UP! You’re arrogant.”
- Is that what the Bible says? Do these so-called Christians have it right?
- When you judge righteously based on the Bible, what does Paul say right there?
 1 Corinthians 5:2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
- Paul is saying right here that the people who TOLERATE the sin are the ones who are PUFFED UP!
- And again, the Bible proves that what the worldly people believe is the EXACT OPPOSITE of the truth.
- So, if you tolerate SIN IN YOUR LIFE for the people you associate with, then you’re PRIDEFUL AND ARROGANT. You’re puffed up.
- It’s not the person whose judging and pointing out the sin. It’s the person tolerating the sin.
- And then watch what Paul says just a little further down in verse 6.
 1 Corinthians 5:6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
- Paul says because you are tolerating sin and compromising the Lord, you are glorying.
- And what’s the result going to be? A little leaven will leaveneth the WHOLE ENTIRE LUMP!!!
- And these people think that they’re doing best for the others who are sinning against the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY.
- You’re tolerating the sin AGAINST THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY. Does God tolerate the sin?
- In other words, you’re saying you’re better than God.
Are The Churches Saying They’re Better Than God?
You’re more loving than God. You’re more compassionate than God. You can’t offend someone with the truth.
- These people were willing to tolerate sick and nasty fornication in the church.
- This is just like all the churches around here today. “We love you no matter what because we’re better than God Almighty Himself.”
- That’s exactly what you’re saying when you tolerate sin in any form, any shape, any size.
- You’re arrogant, you’re prideful, you’re puffed up. That’s what the Bible says.
- The church that says, “We love everyone no matter what!!!”
That’s arrogance. That’s pride. That’s puffed up. That’s what Paul’s saying right here.
- But because Paul is JUDGING them righteously, people will want to call him the PUFFED UP ONE.
- Right? That’s what people do. It never fails. When you try to help someone, you’re the bad one.
- And I’m sick of it. Either we follow the Bible or we don’t.
- There is no middle. There is no compromise AT ALL. God doesn’t compromise.
And guess what is called fornication in the Old Testament?
- It’s called worshipping a false god.
- I want to show you the first time the word fornication is used in the Bible.
- You’ll find it in 2 Chronicles Chapter 21 verse 11.
 2 Chronicles 21:11 Moreover he made high places in the mountains of Judah, and caused the inhabitants of Jerusalem to commit fornication, and compelled Judah thereto.
- What’s the word fornication related to right here?
- It’s related to worshipping false gods. Why is that?
- When you go after another god, it’s a sin against the ONE TRUE GOD.
- It’s just like giving yourself to a stranger that you don’t know. It’s fornication.
- And let’s see what happens to those people of 2 Chronicles Chapter 21. Continuing in verse 12.
 2 Chronicles 21:12-15 And there came a writing to him from Elijah the prophet, saying, Thus saith the LORD God of David thy father, Because thou hast not walked in the ways of Jehoshaphat thy father, nor in the ways of Asa king of Judah, 13 But hast walked in the way of the kings of Israel, and hast made Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem to go a whoring, like to the whoredoms of the house of Ahab, and also hast slain thy brethren of thy father’s house, which were better than thyself: 14 Behold, with a great plague will the LORD smite thy people, and thy children, and thy wives, and all thy goods: 15 And thou shalt have great sickness by disease of thy bowels, until thy bowels fall out by reason of the sickness day by day.
- So look, you don’t want any part of God. He’s all powerful.
- In other words, Paul is trying to love those people by telling them the truth.
- He’s not puffed up. He’s not being arrogant. He’s trying to help them.
- He’s trying to warn them so they change their ways IMMEDIATELY and turn back to God.
- So, if you understand who God is and you HUMBLE yourself and turn back to Him, He’ll be easier on you.
 2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
- But, if you want to continue to do it your way BECAUSE you think your way is better than God’s,
- THEN I PRAY right now that God will have mercy on your soul.
- Don’t forsake God for ANY PERSON in this life. NEVER. EVER. Do that. Period.
- I want to go back to 1 Corinthians Chapter 5 BECAUSE the Bible is very clear on what needs to be done.
- See verse 7 which we already read.
- It says, “PURGE OUT THE OLD LEAVEN.” But look at verse 9.
 1 Corinthians 5:9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
- But let’s continue and understand EXACTLY what Paul means so we don’t take this the wrong way TODAY.
- Let’s continue in verse 10.
 1 Corinthians 5:10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
- In other words, Paul is saying that these people are EVERYWHERE in the world.
- So look, there’s 1) THE WORLD and 2) THE CHURCH.
- He’s saying that if you PHYSICALLY didn’t company with any of these people IN THIS WORLD,
God Doesn’t Want You Do Go Out Of This World
You would “NEED TO GO OUT OF THIS WORLD.”
- Why? Because they’re all around us today. Let’s continue in verse 11.
- You would have to go out in the middle of nowhere and you still couldn’t get away from all of them.
- That’s why Jesus prayed that we would be KEPT FROM EVIL but not taken out of this world.
 1 Corinthians 5:11-13 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. 12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? 13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
- The Bible is very clear here.
- It’s telling us that “OF COURSE” unsaved people are going to continue sinning and doing wicked things.
- We expect the WORLD to have false gods and idols and fornication. That’s normal.
 1 John 4:5-6 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
- If someone is claiming to be a BROTHER or a SISTER in Jesus Christ
- If someone is claiming to be a CHRISTIAN
- If someone is going to CHURCH, which they call a “Christian” Church
- What does the Bible say to do to those people?
- I’m not sure how much more clear the Bible can be.
 1 Corinthians 5:13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
- Here’s what it says at the end of 1 Corinthians 5 verse 13:
- “THEREFORE PUT AWAY FROM AMONG YOURSELVES THAT WICKED PERSON.”
- Purge out that leaven. So, do you throw people out of the church that commit sins like this?
- Yeah, and that’s what’s happened with all the denominations. They got thrown out!!!
- They simply go start their own denomination and call themselves “Christians.”
- Churches say, “EVERYONE IS WELCOME AT ALL TIMES.”
- They say, “You should never kick anyone out because that’s not loving.”
Love Does Not Equal Letting Everyone Do Whatever They Want
I laugh at these people who say things like that. They claim to follow the Bible.
- What does Paul say to do? “Kick them out.”
- Kick them out of the church and kick them out of your life.
- Now, who fits into that category of being kicked out?
- It’s someone who claims to be a saved Christian but is a fornicator of either type.
- A fornicator as defined in the Old Testament or a fornicator as defined in the New Testament.
- The Bible says in verse 11 of 1 Corinthians Chapter 5:
 1 Corinthians 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
- The Bible says to not even eat with them.
- Did I come up with this rule? Nope. Sure didn’t. I’m just doing my best to follow the Bible.
- Why am I doing my best to follow the Bible?
- Because I understand that what God says WILL TURN OUT BEST FOR ALL.
- I know and understand that MY WAY is not the best. God’s way is the best way.
- God says to “BE YE SEPARATE.”
- Eating with people who profess to be Christians that aren’t is a sin.
- Having company with so-called Christians who are fornicators, liars, idolaters, drunkards, and extortioners is a sin ACCORDING to the Bible.
- And what happens when we sin? We break fellowship with God.
- Will you choose to fellowship with God or with those people? It’s your choice God says.
- What’s He given you? He’s given you everything. Don’t hurt God by choosing others over Him.
- Whose first in your life? MAKE THE CHOICE. And it better be the right one.
- Now, look, you might not like this preaching. But it’s BIBLICAL. It’s straight from the Bible.
These evil spirits of fornication will enter into this church and begin to destroy it too.
- Those evil spirits of sin will enter into your home and begin to destroy you too.
- Understand that today. Why do you think God is warning us in the Bible? To be harsh.
- He’s warning us to keep us on the right path to Him.
When you have teenagers saying cuss words in your home or one step away from a cuss word:
- What are you going to do? Are you going to just ignore it?
- Is it too much effort to say something?
- When we don’t, all the other children think it’s okay.
- When one of those teenagers takes the name of the Lord Jesus Christ in VAIN, are you going to ignore it?
Sodomites Should Be Kicked Out Of The Church
When you have homosexuals entering the church and the younger children see them and you don’t kick them out:
- The younger children are going to think it’s okay.
- You’re sending the message that sin is okay.
- “Well, it’s okay because everyone is a sinner.” Come one, come all to the CHURCH CIRCUS!!!
- “Nobody’s PEFECT so I’ll just do what I want too. It’s easier that way.”
You know what God says to all of that?
- NO. N-O. NO!!! Just because you aren’t perfect, that doesn’t make you a FORNICATOR.
- It doesn’t make you an IDOLATER.
- Yes, you’re a sinner BUT you don’t have to be a FORNICATOR.
- The Bible is very clear right there that FORNICATORS should be cast out of the churches.
- If not, that little leaven of SIN will spread throughout the Church and throughout your life.
- How do I know that what will happen? Because the Bible says so. I don’t have to guess. I know.
Do you know what FALSE CHURCHES are teaching today?
- They say that you need to stay around them. Hang around them so you can be a good influence on them.
- Do you have any Scripture for that? “Well, we need to love them and love cures everything.”
- Do you know what the problem with that is, though? They don’t even know what love is.
- Love is following God’s commandmets.
- Did you see the commandment God just gave us in 1 Corinthians Chapter 5?
- GOD HIMSELF says to NOT HAVE COMPANY with fornicators who call themselves Christians.
- Love is doing what God says because He knows best for all parties involved.
Notice that the Bible says he’s “CALLED” a brother.
- That doesn’t mean he is a brother in Christ. But he calls himself a Christian.
- God commands you to stay away. If you follow that command, then you’re loving them.
- Do what God says, and God will work out the rest. Not you. Try it your way. It won’t work.
- It might work better for you but not for everyone involved.
- The Bible doesn’t say to accept everything and hang around with all types of Christians.
- You aren’t going to affect them POSTIVELY! Where does the Bible say that?
- What’s going to happen is they are going to affect you NEGATIVELY. Not the other way around.
So Paul is upset with the Corinthians right here for supporting these things and not doing anything about it.
- They are tolerating it. They are putting up with it.
- They are more “Accepting” and more “Loving” than the people who preach against sin.
- In other words, all those FALSE CHURCHES are better than God Himself.
- That’s EXACTLY what they’re saying. They are PUFFED UP and GLORYING in themselves.
In 2 Corinthians, Paul talks about this same situation many times.
- Kick the people out of your life and out of the church, and that leads to change.
- If that doesn’t work, NOTHING will work. God knows BEST!!! You don’t.
- And if that doesn’t work, then you aren’t wasting your time any more.
- You aren’t wasting your time trying to get those people to actually hear GOD’S WORDS!!!
 2 Corinthians 2:4-6 For out of much affliction and anguish of heart I wrote unto you with many tears; not that ye should be grieved, but that ye might know the love which I have more abundantly unto you. 5 But if any have caused grief, he hath not grieved me, but in part: that I may not overcharge you all. 6 Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was inflicted of many.
- When you follow the Bible, you dish out a PUNISHMENT to those people who are fornicating.
- And remember, a false god is fornication according to the Old Testament.
- You don’t company with them any more.
- That is THE PUNISHMENT to them. Well, this happened in the book of Corinthians.
- Do you know the result? The man got right with God.
- If that punishment was never given out, that man would have never got right with God.
 2 Corinthians 2:7-11 So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow. 8 Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm your love toward him. 9 For to this end also did I write, that I might know the proof of you, whether ye be obedient in all things. 10 To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ; 11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.
- The forgiveness doesn’t come before the punishment.
- The person isn’t sorry for what they’re doing if they’re continuing to do it.
- The punishment is given out. If they repent of that sin, then forgive them.
- You don’t forgive if they aren’t sorry for going against God. You don’t reward them for going against God.
- “Well, we love you no matter what!!!” Where in the world does God say that?
- That’s one of Satan’s greatest tactics in this world right now. “We love you no matter what you do.”
- “We’re always here for you no matter what. Go fornicate and worship false gods. We’re here for you.”
- That’s SATAN getting an advantage on us. Don’t let that happen.
If Someone Doesn’t Want Forgiveness, You Can’t Forgive Them
If someone is living in sin, worshipping a false god, committing fornication, what are we going to do?
- “Oh, we forgive you. We love you. You poor thing.”
- And they’re like: “What??? I didn’t ask for your forgiveness!!! What are you talking about???”
- “I’m not doing anything wrong. The name of my false god is Jesus. It’s not the Jesus in this Bible. But his name is Jesus. And he loves me no matter what I do. My god don’t throw people into hell. My god doesn’t hate anyone or anything. His name is Jesus.”
- Well, I got news for you. Here’s what my God says:
 Deuteronomy 12:31 Thou shalt not do so unto the LORD thy God: for every abomination to the LORD, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods.
 Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
 Leviticus 20:23 And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them.
 Deuteronomy 16:22 Neither shalt thou set thee up any image; which the LORD thy God hateth.
 Deuteronomy 7:25 The graven images of their gods shall ye burn with fire: thou shalt not desire the silver or gold that is on them, nor take it unto thee, lest thou be snared therein: for it is an abomination to the LORD thy God.
 Deuteronomy 7:26 Neither shalt thou bring an abomination into thine house, lest thou be a cursed thing like it: but thou shalt utterly detest it, and thou shalt utterly abhor it; for it is a cursed thing.
 Psalm 5:5-6 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity. 6 Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.
 Psalm 11:5 The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.
 Psalm 26:5 I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked.
 Psalm 31:6 I have hated them that regard lying vanities: but I trust in the LORD.
 Psalm 97:10 Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.
 Psalm 119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.
 Psalm 139:21-22 Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? 22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
 Proverbs 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
 Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
 Amos 5:15 Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph.
 Malachi 1:3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.
 Romans 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
 Hebrews 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
 Revelation 2:6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.
- And guess what? My God isn’t a false god.
- My God hates. My God greatly HATES. He hates evil, wickedness, and sin of all type.
- He HATES it. Understand that today. He gives us commandments to follow because He loves us.
- His love IS NOT telling us to go do whatever we want and whatever makes US happy.
- He’s trying to tell us the exact opposite. Sin will destroy you HE SAYS. Don’t do it.
False Churches Teach The Opposite Of God
Then you have these false churches saying the exact opposite of God Almighty HIMSELF.
- That means we don’t support them in any way and we don’t support their members in any way.
- THROW THEM OUT OF YOUR LIFE. That’s what God says to do. Do it or not.
- And listen, those people aren’t invited here for ANY REASON unless they want to change their ways.
- And that’s a PERIOD. END OF SENTENCE.
- If they want to seek the one true God, then my arms are WIDE OPEN. I will give them everything I got.
- I would stay up day and night to teach them the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- As long as it takes. But I won’t do it unless they want to hear about the ONE TRUE GOD in this Bible.
- If they don’t want to hear this Bible, they can get away from me.
And people will say, “Well, he’s just too judgmental for me. The Bible says you can’t judge me.”
- Oh yeah, were all the prophets in the Bible TOO JUDGEMENTAL when they were trying to warn the Kings who were doing evil in the sight of the Lord?
- The words from the prophets came from God HIMSELF. The words I’m telling you today came from God HIMSELF. They are right here in this Bible.
- Those prophets were trying to help those Kings. They were trying to get them to turn to God.
 1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
- Judgement must begin here and right now.
- We are to judge all things so we can keep the evil out of here and out of our lives.
- Paul rebuked the Corinthians to show them that he loved them. That was the reason for it.
- Telling someone the truth is GODLY LOVE. It’s not worldly love. It’s GODLY LOVE!!!
- Now remember that we’re talking about BEING SEPARATE.
- So far we’ve seen that we need to separate ourselves from the world.
We need to separate ourselves from the people who call themselves Christians but aren’t.
- And we need to separate ourselves from truly saved Christians who won’t OBEY the Bible.
- If those SAVED brothers and sisters see that they’ve done wrong and repent, then they’re back in fellowship with God and with the church. They are forgiven.
- But watch this in 2 Thessalonians Chapter 3 verse
 2 Thessalonians 3:6-15 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us. 7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you; 8 Neither did we eat any man’s bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you: 9 Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us. 10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. 11 For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies. 12 Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread. 13 But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing. 14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. 15 Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.
- You can call God’s love TOUGH LOVE. That is the definition of love according to God.
- It’s not this soft easy love that the world preaches to you.
- If you can’t follow the basics and obey the Bible, then you lose fellowship.
- If you can’t work, you don’t eat Paul says.
- If you want to be disorderly, gossip, and be a busybody, then you lose fellowship with the Church.
- Paul says, “IF ANY MAN OBEY NOT OUR WORD BY THIS EPISTLE, HAVE NO COMPANY WITH HIM.”
- Why? So that “HE MAY BE ASHAMED OF WHAT HE’S DONE.”
- Don’t count him as an enemy but admonish him as a brother.
- Admonish there means to warn about the fault, to reprove, to teach why it’s wrong.
Nobody Can Be Perfect But We Need To Do Our Best To Obey God
Nobody expects you to be perfect, but we need to do our best to OBEY GOD.
- We need to be giving it everything we have.
- Trying to be perfect and worshipping a false god are TWO VERY different things.
- Trying to be perfect and living with your girlfriend or boyfriend are TWO VERY different things.
- Trying to be perfect and going out and getting drunk every weekend are TWO VERY different things.
- Trying to be perfect and cheating people out of money are TWO VERY different things.
- Trying to be perfect and being an abomination to God as a homosexual are TWO VERY different things.
All sin is not equal.
- People that live in sin constantly will tell you that I can’t judge them.
- Oh, well, yes I can and yes I did and YES I WILL.
- You don’t have a license to sin and do whatever you want.
- All sin is not equal and there are BIG SINS and there are lesser sins.
- FORNICATION is a GREAT SIN. Supporting people who fornicate is a SIN.
- Worshipping false gods is a GREAT SIN. Supporting people who worship false gods is a SIN.
 Exodus 32:31 And Moses returned unto the LORD, and said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold.
- Worshipping a false god is like fornicating against God. He is to be the love of your life.
- Not any false god of ANY TYPE. Not a false religion. Not football. Not basketball. Not your children. Not your family. Not your job. Not your school. Not your pet.
- Put anything else above God ALMIGHTY is a GREAT SIN.
- If you didn’t know fornication (a relationship outside of marriage) was a GREAT SIN and now you do, then it’s time to make a change. And it’s time to make it right now.
- If not, Paul says to BE GONE from the Church. Once you repent of that GREAT SIN, you’re welcome back.
- If that fornicator says, “Hey, you want to come over for dinner?” Nope, sorry. I’m following the Bible.
- Once you stop fornicating, sure I’ll come over for dinner.
- Once you stop worshipping a false god and turn to the ONE TRUE GOD, then I’ll come over for dinner.
When you preach the word of God correctly, people who do these things won’t be in the church.
- They’ll think you’re talking directly to them and they’ll disappear.
- When you tell them that GOD HATES people, they’ll disappear.
- You can show them the verses in the Bible over and over again, and they’ll still think you’re lying to them.
- All they hear is what’s in the world and in the false churches all around here today.
- When you tell people that FORNICATION is a great sin and you preach it properly, those people will disappear.
- When you preach that HOMOSEXUALITY is an abomination that GOD HATES, the homosexuals will disappear.
When you preach that God hates drunkenness, the drunks will disappear.
- When you don’t give child predators a chance to be alone with your children, those evil and wicked people will be gone.
- When you preach the parts of the Bible about God killing off all the people that worshipped false gods, those people will disappear.
- When you preach that wives should submit to their husbands, those men and women who don’t like that will disappear.
- And then you’ll be left with the people who love God and want to OBEY what God says.
This isn’t being difficult or tough.
- This is preaching what God wants in His Church for HIS PEOPLE.
- These are the rules He gave us for this Church right here.
- We can follow what God wants for us or not. I will do what He wants done.
- I WILL BE SEPARATE. And that’s what we all need to do. I will fellowship with Christians who OBEY GOD.
- I will not fellowship with Christians who do not OBEY GOD on the most basic things.
- That doesn’t mean we have to be perfect. It’s not the little things like watching a bad TV show.
- We shouldn’t do it, but I won’t break fellowship because you accidentally watched a bad TV show.
- If you continue to watch them, it will affect you and that might break our fellowship.
- I hope you understand what I’m saying.
- This topic came to me some time ago, and I even talked with my wife and children about this a while ago.
- And I’ve talked to them many times over the past several years about this.
Either Grow Closer To God Or Grow Apart From God
You can choose to GROW CLOSER TO GOD or you can choose to grow apart from God.
- Follow the Bible, and you’ll grow closer to God.
- I tell my wife and my children that I will ALWAYS choose God.
- If you want to come with me and grow with me, you better choose God too.
- If you want to grow away from me, then don’t choose God.
- And I don’t want to grow away from my children, but I sure won’t choose them over GOD.
- Understand that today. ALWAYS CHOOSE GOD.
- If my wife puts God first OVER ME, I guarantee you it will end up better for both her and me.
- If she decides to put me first over God, it’s not going to end up good for me or her.
- If I choose my children over God, it’s not going to end up good.
- We must SEPARATE OURSELVES TO GOD. That’s what God has asked us to do.
 Romans 16:17-18 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. 18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.
- If ANYONE teaches something different than this Bible, what are we supposed to do?
- It’s pretty clear right there in the Bible.
- “MARK THEM.” Hey, put a mark upon them.
- When you teach something different than God’s word, YOU ARE CAUSING DIVISION.
- When you choose to go against God’s word because you know better, YOU ARE CAUSING DIVISION.
- The Bible says to “AVOID THOSE PEOPLE.”
- Don’t be deceived by good words and fair speeches.
- Those things deceive the hearts of the simple the Bible says.
- The people who teach opposite of the Bible aren’t serving Jesus Christ.
- They are serving their own bellies. They don’t care about you AT ALL.
 Philippians 3:17-19 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. 18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: 19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
- Paul tells us to mark the people who teach something different than the doctrine in the Bible.
- And guess what else Paul does? He lists them by name within the books of the Bible.
- Some so-called Christians say, “Well, you shouldn’t be calling out people’s names or church names.”
- And I say, “Maybe you should read the Bible because God does it all throughout the Bible.”
- Paul’s doing it all throughout the Bible.
- Phygellus and Hermogenes in 2 Timothy Chapter 1.
- Hymenaeus and Philetus in 2 Timothy Chapter 2.
- Alexander in 1 Timothy Chapter 1 and 2 Timothy Chapter 4.
- The Apostle John calls out Diotrephes in 3 John.
- The Bible even explains what their FALSE TEACHING happens to be.
Guess what they’re doing? They are MARKING THEM which walk contrary to God.
- And they’re warning people about them.
- That’s why I preach about these false preachers around here.
- That’s why I give their name and their church name.
- I’m doing it because I’m following the example from the Bible.
- Just think if that was able to continue from the beginning of the Church.
- All the heretics would have been kicked out immediately.
These Heretics Creep Into The Church
People would have preached about them so they’re followers would know.
- But instead, they creep into the church unawares. And they lead people astray.
- Much of this happened because of COMPROMISE and not OBEYING GOD’S WORD.
- We’ll accept anyone and everything no matter what. When you do that, you aren’t obeying God.
- “You can fornicate and attend this Church. We’ll take your offering.”
- “We love everyone!!!” That’s what all the false churches are saying. They want big numbers.
- And that’s what they’ll get. And they’ll get big trouble too.
Have you ever been to a church that needs prayer requests EVERYWHERE because everyone is dying, sick, has cancer, has money problems, can’t walk because they eat too much every time they sit down for a meal, can’t find a job, and everyone is miserable?
- I have and it was a FALSE CHURCH worshipping a false god that I didn’t know at the time I went.
- You don’t think God is against them? Oh yes HE IS!
- Don’t worship a false god and blaspheme HIS NAME. And then call yourself a Christian.
- Have you seen all the preachers leading the churches with the big old guts hanging down?
- They preach one 30-minute sermon a week in which they just tell you stories about themselves, and they don’t have time to fix some healthy food at home.
- They don’t study the Bible. It’s obvious they don’t.
- They eat whatever they want and become very unhealthy and lazy. They sit around and do nothing.
 Proverbs 23:21 For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags.
- In other words, these false preachers set great examples for everyone.
- Proverbs tells us YOU WILL COME to poverty because you’re a glutton.
- And when you’re a glutton, you’ll be tired and lazy and won’t want to do anything.
- And you especially won’t want to do anything for God.
- Door to door soul winning won’t cross your mind because you’d rather go out to eat and fill your big old gut with more food.
Why Are False Preachers So Lazy?
Then they get Deacons and Elders around them that don’t get a paycheck like themselves and get them to do everything else for them.
- They say, “Well, I’m a man of God.” I’ve got news for you: men of God were men like Elijah and Elisha. Men like Paul. Men like Daniel. Men like Joshua, Job, Gideon, Asa, and Jeremiah.
- A man of God IS NOT A LAZY BUM. A man of God doesn’t preach falsely against God.
- A preacher should read Proverbs and hear those words. If not, I would tell them to check their salvation.
- Do we want to listen to false preachers who won’t even follow the words in the Bible?
- You don’t think everyone sees right through that.
- The preacher’s wife has short hair cut like a man.
 1 Corinthians 11:15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
- Does the preacher not believe what the Bible says?
- Does the preacher’s wife not believe what the Bible says? Does the preacher’s wife not submit to her husband?
- I believe every word in this Bible. We are to SEPARATE OURSELVES TO GOD.
Does God say that a woman MUST have long hair to be saved? No, He sure doesn’t.
- But, I guarantee you that you’ll please God when you’re a woman and follow what He likes.
- Don’t you want to please God? I do. He’s given me this life, and He’s given me eternal life.
- It’s done. I want to do what He says. I tell my wife and my girls, “I LOVE YOUR LONG HAIR.”
- Do you know why I tell them that? BECAUSE I DO. IT’S THE TRUTH. It’s beautiful. It’s glorious.
I’m made in the IMAGE OF GOD. I know that I love the long hair BECAUSE HE DOES. It’s built into me.
- I’m a man made in the image of God HIMSELF.
- You see: I want to obey my Father. I don’t want to rebel against Him like a disgruntled teenager just looking to cause problems.
- You want to try the games with God, He’ll smack right down. You don’t believe what He says?
- You will one day. I guarantee you that.
- The preachers should be leading the Churches BY EXAMPLE too.
- They should be separating themselves as the BIBLE teaches and setting the example.
What are we to be separated from?
- We are to be separate from the world but not physically separate.
- We are to spread the Gospel and preach the Gospel to unbelievers.
- But we aren’t to JOIN IN with the unbelievers in their sins. BE YE SEPARATE.
- That’s the first category of SEPARATION.
The next group of people we are to be separated from are the so-called Christians who won’t obey the word of God.
- These are the false churches who say they’re saved and say they are christians.
- But what are they doing? They’re worshipping false gods. I don’t want ANY part of that. AT ALL.
- That’s the second category of SEPARATION.
The next group are the truly SAVED people who’ve believed on the Lord Jesus Christ but are fornicating and sinning willfully against God. This includes drunkards and extortioners.
- If they are in this church, they are to be removed from the church until they turn from that sin.
- Yes, they get a chance to learn and understand the Bible.
- Once they’ve heard sermons and Scripture and they still don’t want to change, they are removed.
- This is the third category of SEPARATION.
The next group of people we are to SEPARATE from are the people who teach FALSE DOCTRINE.
- This is a big one around here because it’s everywhere in the churches.
- All of these categories of separation are IN THE BIBLE from SCRIPTURE.
- False teaching has spread like a wild fire. If you teach false doctrine, then I will separate from you.
- For example, if you stand up in front of the church and preach that you can lose your salvation, you’re calling GOD a liar. I will have no part of that. And God won’t either.
Why Aren’t You Listening To The Words Of The Bible?
Most so-called Christians won’t listen to the words of the Bible.
- If there’s a DRUNKEN Christian, they think it’s okay to be friends with them because they’re Christian.
- If there’s a FORNICATING Christian, they think it’s okay to be friends with them.
- They have it totally backwards and EXACTLY OPPOSITE of what the Bible says.
- Which seems to be normal now for this world, which is very sad.
- But, what about an UNSAVED DRUNKEN FORNICATOR who has NEVER heard the Gospel?
THOSE so-called Christians will run away from them screaming! OPPOSITE of the Bible.
- This doesn’t mean to be BUDDIES and CLOSE FRIENDS with unbelievers living in SIN.
- It means to be kind to them and to give them the GOSPEL of Jesus Christ.
- For so-called Christians and true Christians who don’t obey simple rules from God like NO FORNICATION:
- The Bible tells us to not even eat with them.
- But for unbelievers who don’t profess to be Christians, the Bible doesn’t say to stay away from them COMPLETELY.
 2 Corinthians 6:14-17 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
- If we stayed away from all unbelievers, then fewer people would be converted to God.
- Jesus ATE with publicans and sinners. God doesn’t say to stay away from them completely.
- He ate with them so He might get them saved. Understand that today.
- He didn’t eat with them for the sole purpose to be friendly to them.
- He didn’t eat with them to make Himself happy and to feel loved.
- So, when it comes to ANY so-called Christian whether they be saved or not, the degree of separation is supposed to be MUCH HIGHER when those Christians are living in sin.
- Follow the example from JESUS.
He ate with publicans and sinners BUT we aren’t to be unequally YOKED together with unbelievers.
- You shouldn’t have fellowship with them.
- We should not be CLOSELY ASSOCIATED with unbelievers.
- We can be around them to eat with them and for the purpose of getting them saved.
- But that’s it. Your best friend shouldn’t be someone who worships a false god like the Mormons.
- Your best friend shouldn’t be a Muslim. Your best friend shouldn’t be a Jew or a Catholic or a Buddhist.
OR ANY FALSE RELIGION and especially those so-called “Christian” religions who can’t get the Gospel of Jesus Christ right.
- Your best friends should ONLY be the true believers who are working their best to OBEY GOD ALMIGHTY.
- How would you have fellowship and things in common with your best friend who doesn’t believe?
- That doesn’t make any sense at all. You won’t even be talking about God.
- And if you do, the other person will get tired of it because they don’t believe in the ONE TRUE GOD.
- If you aren’t talking about God often, then something is wrong in your life.
God Separates The Unbelievers From The Believers
You might say: “Well, we don’t talk about religion because it separates people.”
- Yeah, that’s right it does SEPARATE. That’s what we’re talking about right now.
- You either believe what the Bible says or you don’t. If you reject the Bible, I reject you as a friend.
- I don’t have respect for false religions. And again, the world tells us that we should respect everyone’s beliefs. Yeah, that’s right, they want you to respect them but they don’t respect yours.
- God, in this Bible right here, HE HAS NO RESPECT FOR A FALSE RELIGION. NONE AT ALL.
- I’ll choose to follow His lead. GOD IS NUMBER ONE IN MY LIFE.
- If a friend has no desire to hear about God or to listen to what the Bible says, then I’m done. Not a friend.
- And if you think it’s okay to just stop talking about God, then something is wrong spiritually.
You’ll begin to notice that everything you love in life is nothing that the UNBELIEVERS LOVE IN LIFE.
- You love to read the Bible. The unbelievers would rather watch TV.
- You love to go out soul winning. The unbelievers would rather watch football.
- You love to talk about God and the Bible. The unbelievers would rather talk about celebrities.
- You love to talk about the amazing warriors in the Bible like Abishai who took out 300 men with a spear.
- The unbelievers would rather talk about Batman or Spiderman or some fake super hero.
- The real super heroes are in this book right here. And it’s an amazing book.
- Unbelievers have no idea the power within this book right here. This is the word of God.
Some false preachers will say: “But we need to be like them to win them to Christ.”
- Where in the world does the Bible say that?
- That’s just a false saying that gets spread around.
- Sort of like HATE THE SIN and LOVE THE SINNER.
- Sort of like God doesn’t hate anyone. Well, the Bible says different.
- We don’t need to be like them to give them the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- You can go knock on a door and meet someone you don’t know at all.
- You don’t have to be buddies with them to lead them to be saved from hell.
- That’s why God designed it all this way. Giving someone the Gospel is easy to do.
- You don’t have to be buddies and friends to tell them about Jesus Christ.
- Be kind. Be nice.
Notice where the Bible says to not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers.
- So when you see that verse, think about marriage?
- Does that mean you should get married to someone who doesn’t believe what the Bible says?
- Should you marry someone who twists the words of the Bible?
- What could be MORE unequally yoked together than a believer with an unbeliever?
- Someone who worships the one true God and someone who worships a false god?
- A marriage between a Roman Catholic and a Saved Baptist isn’t going to work very well.
- There won’t be happiness. You’re YOKED together with an unbeliever and a so-called Christian.
Don’t Date An Unbeliever But Do Something About The Unbelief
NEVER DATE AN UBELIEVER. Dating is for the purpose of marriage.
- You can give that person the Gospel but remember that some people are so love struck that they might not be telling the truth about being saved.
- Many young girls will attempt to get their boy friends to come to Church just so they can be approved.
- The boyfriend comes to church and then they’re automatically approved.
- I’ve already seen that around here from going out Soul Winning.
- “Just come to church once and you’re good.” Just say the name Jesus and you’re good.
- Sorry, that’s not what being saved means. It has nothing to do with coming to church or using the name of Jesus. Some people use the name of Jesus as a cuss word. That doesn’t mean they’re good with God.
In other words, if you want to follow the commandments in the Bible:
- You know the one that says to not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers?
- Then you better not get married to an unbeliever. That’s a commandment. Is it not?
- When you don’t follow the commandments, you live in sin.
- You don’t want to live in sin because you married an unsaved false Christian or any other unbeliever.
- If they’re saved and doing the bad sins that are on the list that we’ve read today, then it will be tough to follow the commandment to not eat with them when you’re married to them.
- That’s why it’s so important to choose a HUSBAND who is a MAN OF GOD who understands that God is first.
- So when you choose a husband, don’t choose one that loves YOU and cherishes YOU above anything else.
- You need to choose one that LOVES GOD above anything else. Then, you’ve chosen a good husband.
- So, if you want to test your future husband, ask him: “Do you love me the most of anything?”
- If they say, “Yes, I love you more than anything.” That’s not a good sign. It needs to be God.
- And you need someone that understands that. Your husband is your leader in the house.
- And you don’t want to be led in the wrong direction the rest of your life.
- It’s not a small thing to choose an unbeliever as your husband. It’s not a small thing AT ALL.
- God doesn’t think it’s a small thing. He put in this Bible for you to see.
Let’s go over one more example and then let’s close.
- Do you know the people in your life that don’t want to hear about God?
- Those are the unbelievers. The people who want nothing to do with the Bible: that’s them.
- They love their church but they don’t want to hear the Bible.
- So, what choice do you make?
- Do you continue to hang around with them and never talk about the Bible BECAUSE they don’t want to hear the truth?
- So you’re friends with them but you never talk about God or the Bible?
- “Well, it just causes arguments so we’ll just stop talking about it.”
- Wrong choice.
So, let’s say you make the right choice and you won’t stop talking about the Bible NO MATTER WHAT.
- You don’t care whose around or whose listening.
- If you keep talking about it, what’s the result going to be?
- So, you have this person who is unsaved and you just keep talking about the Bible with them.
- “Hey, look what the Bible says right here!”
- “Hey, look what God did to the people who worshipped false gods right here.”
- “Hey, did you know that believing on the Lord Jesus Christ is all it takes to be saved from hell?”
People Who Hate God Won’t Talk To You Any More Which Is Great
If you just keep on over and over and over and over BECAUSE you love the Bible:
- What’s the possible decisions that the other person has to make?
- NUMBER ONE: They might tell you to shut up.
- NUMBER TWO: They might get mad and run away.
- NUMBER THREE: They might never come back because they don’t want to hear the Bible.
Guess what all of those 3 options are?
- This is SEPARATION from those who don’t love God. It happens automatically.
- OR, the fourth and final response that might just happen.
- They listen and hear what you’re saying. They get saved. And then they love to talk about the Bible.
- That’s what God wants. That’s what I want. That’s what you want.
- So, do you let others keep you from talking about the Bible?
- Let’s not allow that to happen any more just because it’s going to cause separation.
- That’s the separation we need. Allow it to happen BECAUSE that’s what God wants.
- If it causes a fight, it causes a fight. See you later I say.
GOD IS THE GREAT DIVIDER. TWO GROUPS. One saved going to heaven. One unsaved going to hell.
- Don’t let the unsaved keep you from preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Don’t let those people DRAG YOU DOWN to their level. NEVER. Don’t join together with them in ANY way.
- We SEPARATE from those people unless we’re trying to get them saved.
- There’s no fellowship. There’s no eating together.
- Follow God’s plan and then those people might just get saved.
- Follow your plan and those people might just end up in hell.