- Sermon Slides for Sermon Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ: PDF
 The title of the sermon today is “BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.”
Do You Want To Go To Heaven Or Not?
- If you want to know how to go to heaven, the ENTIRE ANSWER is right there on the screen.
- There is NO OTHER requirement. And this is THE ONLY THING that SAVES YOU.
- If you think it’s ANYTHING ELSE, you aren’t saved at this point. But you can be today.
- If you’ve NEVER put ALL YOUR TRUST and CONFIDENCE in JESUS ALONE, then you’re not saved.
- I wasn’t SAVED because I listened to all the preachers in false churches who don’t know the Bible.
Believing on the LORD JESUS CHRIST is what saves you.
- I could have went straight to hell because of CHURCHES.
- My whole family could have went straight to hell because of PREACHERS.
- There is nothing else that saves you EXCEPT the Lord Jesus Christ, the SON OF GOD.
- And to prove this to you TODAY, we’re going to use the Bible.
- I don’t want you to trust me and my words. I want you to trust God’s word in HIS BIBLE.
And we aren’t going to use one verse, Acts 2:38, and ignore the entire rest of the Bible.
- We aren’t going to misunderstand ONE VERSE and form a false religion. I don’t take the Bible lightly.
- If you know me, you would know I wouldn’t be up here preaching if I didn’t understand the Bible.
- I don’t argue unless I know 100% that something is correct.
- And look, for most things in this world, you can’t know 100% if something is true.
- You just don’t know. But, I do know that 1+1 is TWO. I do know that 100 times 100 is 10,000.
- I do know that God gives us oxygen, sun light, and food every day to live. He provides.
- I do know that God Almighty EXISTS. I do know that YOU CAN BE SAVED in a moment of you believing.
And I do know 100% that the ONLY requirement to be saved is to BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.
- Today, you can be SAVED (past tense) and KNOW 100% SURE where you’re going when you die.
- And that FACT NEVER changes. I want to show you this today so I see you one day in heaven.
- And I want you to know today if you believe THEN you’re saved and you are in God’s hands.
- No one can EVER take that away from you NOT even yourself. God says you’re HIS NOW.
- Let’s go through HOW TO BE SAVED.
If you have friends and family who aren’t saved, you can share all that you’re going to learn today with them so they’ll be in heaven too.
- But just know, if they’re part of a religion who counts on their religion to save them, they’ll call you a liar.
- They’ll call you names, and they’ll think that you’re one whose bad. They’ll think you’re evil.
- But that’s okay BECAUSE you have the BIBLE, the word of God, the TRUTH in this world, to back you up.
- People who call you the liar don’t read the Bible. They don’t understand the Bible.
- This ENTIRE BIBLE from front to back, from Genesis to Revelation TEACHES that all you have to do to be SAVED right now is BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Once you see this today, and once you’re saved, the Bible starts to make sense to you.
- When you read it, you’ll understand it. When you’re not saved, you can’t understand it.
And how do you get saved? By hearing the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ and believing it.
- And that’s what a lot of us have been missing in our life around here.
- You can’t find preachers who preach the truth. I’ve tried to find them.
- When you know your Bible, you’ll recognize false teaching IMMEDIATELY.
- Hey, look, I know this Bible. I read it and study for HOURS every single day.
- In the month of December, I read the entire Bible through. That’s my record.
- I have become a preacher of the GOSPEL. Why? Because I want to see you in heaven.
- I don’t want to see you in hell. And the Gospel is very easy and simple to understand.
- It’s VERY EASY to be SAVED (past tense) from hell TODAY. So, let’s get this straight once and for all TODAY.
I Love To Talk About The Bible
And look, if you EVER have any questions about the Bible, please ask me.
- I’m always here, and I love to talk about the Bible. I love to teach and explain the Bible.
- So, look, stop listening to false teaching and false preachers. Let’s learn what the Bible says.
What does it take for you to get heaven?
- Many false churches will tell you that you MUST do this and you MUST do this and you MUST do this.
- For example, Southeast Christian says you have to do 4 things:
- 1) Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. They got that one right, but they continue to add to it.
- 2) They say you MUST be baptized. The Bible NEVER says you must be baptized to be saved ONCE.
- 3) They say you MUST repent of all your sins and ask for forgiveness to be saved. The Bible doesn’t say this once. The phrase “repent of your sin” isn’t in the Bible.
- 4) They say you MUST have a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ and keep that relationship to the very end. The words “personal relationship” aren’t in the Bible. PERSONAL on its own isn’t in the Bible. Relationship on its own isn’t found in the entire Bible.
- So understand TODAY, that all of that stuff is called a WORKS BASED salvation and the Bible teaches against a works based salvation throughout the entire Bible.
If you think you have to be a good person to make it to heaven, that’s a WORKS BASED Salvation.
- When you think YOU have to be good, that means your saving yourself through YOUR GOOD WORKS.
- When you think you have to keep all the commandments, that’s SAVING YOURSELF.
- And let me tell you today, you can’t save yourself. Only Jesus can save you, and that’s why all YOUR TRUST and ALL your confidence, 100%, MUST be on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- That’s what it means to BELIEVE ON HIM.
- So today, let’s start in Romans Chapter 3 verse 10.
- STEP 1 to understand: We’re all SINNERS. We’re all in the same category. I’m not better than you, and you aren’t better than me.
 Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
- Righteous is doing right all the time. None of us have ALWAYS done right. That means we’re not righteous.
- Religions teach you that only good people get to heaven so you better be good.
- If that were true, NO ONE would go to heaven because of that verse right there.
- They say: “You better do this and this all your life or you’re going to hell.”
- Well guess what? Those people are hypocrites. And no one would ever make it to heaven.
- And you know the truth. You know those people are hypocrites. You see?
The Saved Know They Aren’t Better Than You
Someone whose truly SAVED, doesn’t think they’re better than you.
- I’m saved. I know that 100% right now. And I’ve done a lot of bad things in my life.
- But I took the GOOD NEWS. I took the gift that God wanted to give me.
- And I admit that I’m not good. I’m not good enough to go to heaven.
- I understand that I deserve hell. You need to understand that today.
- How do I know that you’re not a good person? Because that verse right there tells me.
- How do you know that I’m not a good person. That verse right there.
 Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
- That verse is from Romans Chapter 3.
- In Romans Chapter 2, we’re taught that YOU CAN make it to heaven through your own righteousness.
- BUT IN ORDER TO DO THAT, you MUST follow all commandments from birth to death.
- This means you can’t ever sin if you want to make it to heaven on your own WITHOUT JESUS.
- And then in Romans Chapter 3, the Bible tells us that we’re all SINNERS.
- I’ve sinned, you’ve sinned, we’ve all sinned. That puts all in that same category of SINNERS.
- So don’t ever let someone tell you that they’re better than you. They’re a sinner too.
Is it okay to sin, though? No, it’s not. God hates sin. But God also understands that you will mess up.
- When you mess up, you’ve chosen your own desires over what God wants.
- And understand, GOD ALWAYS wants what’s best for you. That’s why He tells you to not sin.
- He’s not doing it to be tough on you. He’s doing it because He wants what’s best for you.
- He is a GOOD FATHER. He doesn’t do you wrong. You can count on God.
- He tells you to not sin because He knows that sin will destroy your life here on this Earth.
Most people will admit they’ve done things wrong in their life.
- I know I have. One lie makes you a liar. One murder makes you a murderer. One theft makes you a thief.
- Do you admit today that you’ve done wrong in your life? I sure hope so.
 Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
- Jesus HIMSELF says that there is NONE GOOD but one and that is God.
- And of course, Jesus Christ is the Son of God WHO IS GOD. He is not God the Father.
- He is the SON OF GOD. The Bible isn’t trying to trick us. There’s a Father, a Son, and a Holy Spirit.
- The SON OF GOD is Jesus Christ. The one true God isn’t trying to trick you with His words.
 2 Peter 1:17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
- Jesus is the Son of God and is God. He is your Savior. You better get the right Jesus.
- The right Jesus is the Son of God, Jesus Christ of Nazareth. The wrong Jesus has no saving power.
- I’m telling you today the RIGHT JESUS is the SON OF GOD. The Bible warns us about false preachers.
- These false preachers bring ANOTHER JESUS the Bible says.
- I work with a man named Jesus. I believe in that Jesus.
- I’ve seen him with my eyes. But he sure won’t save me from hell.
 Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
- God takes HIS WORD and HIS GOSPEL and HIS GOOD NEWS to you VERY SERIOUSLY.
- He wants you to be saved today and you have all these preachers out there today preaching a FALSE GOSPEL.
- They teach you a works based salvation. “LET HIM BE ACCURSED” the Bible says.
- And I say the same thing: I don’t want MY FAMILY and friends of MY FAMILY going to hell because of a false preacher. LET HIM BE ACCURSED the Bible clearly says.
- STEP 2 to understand: Because we’re all sinners, there’s a penalty for sin.
 Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- The first part of that verse right there says: “FOR THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH.”
- We all sin so that means we earn our wages or our penalty for sin and that’s death.
- The PENALTY is DEATH. And one day, death will come to you because you’re a sinner.
- All people MUST die because they sin. And you see the truth to that in today’s world.
- The first death is a physical death of your body.
You Don’t Want To Have Sin Counted To Your Soul
- If you have sin counted to your SOUL when you die, there will be a BIG PENALTY and a SECOND DEATH.
- So, you have a BODY which you can see. You have a SPIRIT which is LIFE. And you have a SOUL which is the conscious part of you. Your thoughts are from your soul.
- Your body will always sin. You’ll never be perfect in this life.
- But your soul needs to be saved from the second death.
 Revelation 20:14-15 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
- The penalty for sin is death and hell. Hell is a place of eternal torment. NEVER ENDING.
- That’s where I don’t want you to go. You don’t want to go there either. You don’t have fun in hell.
- It’s not a funny place. Satan doesn’t reign over hell. He isn’t the king over hell.
- The Book of Revelation proves that very easily. Revelation Chapter 9 and Chapter 20 proves that.
- God runs hell. And God throws all evil and wickedness into hell. And one sin counted to your soul makes you evil and wicked. But we’ve all done MUCH WORSE than one sin.
 Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
- So take a look at that list right there. There’s a lot of bad things on that list. MURDERERS.
- WHOREMONGERS (no, the word WHORE isn’t a bad word because it’s all throughout the Bible).
- There’s sorcery on that list. There’s idolatry of worshipping a FALSE GOD.
- A false god is ANY GOD that’s not the one in this Bible. Understand that today.
- Your GOD BETTER match the one in this Bible or you have a false god. Get away from that today.
- FEAR GOD. Don’t fear anyone else. Don’t let anyone take you to hell with them.
But notice what’s on the list right there that we’ve all done.
- It’s says ALL LIARS shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone.
- I know I’ve lied in my life. That makes me a liar. Everyone in here right now has lied before. That makes you a liar too.
- And what does that mean? We’re headed to hell UNLESS we’re saved from our sins.
- And you might say: “Well, I’ve lied but I’m not a liar and do it all the time.”
- In the same Chapter of Revelation, we see this:
 Revelation 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
- This is talking about the heavenly city in the new heaven.
- It says ONE LIE and you won’t be entering into heaven. ONE LIE.
- If you aren’t saved today, you’re currently in that category. And you don’t want to be there.
- There’s 2 groups GOD SAYS:
- One that’s saved that goes to heaven and one that’s not saved and goes to hell.
- The Bible calls the GOSPEL GOOD NEWS because you can know 100% RIGHT NOW that you’re saved from hell.
- If you have to wait until you die to know, that’s not good news.
- God says YOU CAN KNOW TODAY that you’re saved. There is good news.
 Romans 5:8-9 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
- Understand that God hates SIN. And yet, the Father sent HIS SON, Jesus Christ, to die for us.
- We’re saved by the sacrifice that JESUS MADE for us. FOR YOU. You can be justified through HIS BLOOD.
- You being saved has NOTHING to do with your works in this life. What you do wrong or what you do right.
- NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY OF THAT. It has everything to do with the WORK that JESUS FINISHED for you.
- Notice at the end of verse 9, it says: “WE SHALL BE SAVED FROM WRATH THROUGH HIM.”
- Who is Jesus and what did He do for you? You need to understand this today and be saved today.
- STEP 3 to understand: Jesus is the Son of God who is God in the flesh.
- He was conceived by the Holy Spirit. He was born of a virgin. He lived a sinless and perfect life.
- No one else has EVER done that proving Jesus is God. He performed countless miracles.
- Jesus is a PREACHER. He was arrested. He was beaten. He was spit on. He was mocked.
- He was nailed to the cross. He died on the cross for you and for I.
- He took all the sin of the world of ALL TIME and YES this includes your future sin.
- He took SIN which He hates onto HIMSELF.
- Imagine taking sin that you could never imagine doing onto yourself. Jesus was perfect but yet took it all.
Jesus Never Stopped Being The Son Of God
When Jesus died on the cross, He didn’t cease from being Jesus the Son of God. Understand that today.
- When Jesus died, HIS SPIRIT returned to His Father.
- His soul went to hell as a burnt sacrifice for our sins. His body was buried in the tomb.
- Some people argue about what I just said. But, I’ll give you Scripture from the Bible that teaches those things over and over again.
- The SPIRIT or the life inside of Jesus returned to HIS FATHER.
 Luke 23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.
- Jesus doesn’t lie or tell half truths or try to trick us in any way.
- He says, “FATHER, into THY hands I commend my spirit.” Into YOUR hands I commit or entrust my Spirit.
 Acts 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
- This verse is speaking about Jesus Christ. “Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell.”
- If that’s not enough to understand the SOUL OF JESUS went to hell, here’s one that should do it.
 Acts 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
- You see: when Jesus died for you, He took all your sins onto HIS SOUL.
- The soul is what goes to heaven or hell when you die. If it has SIN, it goes to hell.
- If it has no sin, it goes to heaven. Jesus came to save you from YOUR SINS.
- He took all your sins to HELL with HIM. That’s why HIS SOUL went to hell.
- Jesus HIMSELF says this in Matthew Chapter 12 verse 40.
 Matthew 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
- The heart of the earth is hell. If you want to know where hell is, it’s in the heart of the earth.
- Throughout the Bible, we’re taught this. The earth swallows people up into hell.
- It’s a place of hot burning fire and torment.
 Matthew 13:42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
- Jesus went to that furnace of fire for 3 days and 3 nights for you.
- He’s the only ONE who has been to hell and came back victoriously.
- The body of Jesus was buried in the grave for those 3 days and 3 nights.
- Jesus AROSE IN HIS BODY on the third day.
 John 20:1-2 The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre. 2 Then she runneth, and cometh to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and saith unto them, They have taken away the Lord out of the sepulchre, and we know not where they have laid him.
- Jesus was no longer in that tomb on the first day of the week. That was a SUNDAY.
- That’s why we worship on a SUNDAY because Jesus arose on the first day of the week.
- Jesus was killed on the PASSOVER which is a SABBATH DAY of rest. He is the PASSOVER LAMB.
- The blood of the LAMB is what saves you.
Jesus Did All The Work For Us
The next day after was a FRIDAY, which is the first day of unleavened bread. This was a SABBATH day.
- The Saturday after was a SABBATH DAY. In other words, all of this is given to show you something.
- JESUS DID ALL THE WORK while all the people RESTED on the Sabbath days.
- In other words, salvation is NOT OF WORKS in any way. It’s not your good works that save you.
- It’s the work Jesus did for you that saves you. It’s all JESUS. Have faith in HIM and you’re saved.
- So, Jesus arose in HIS BODY. It wasn’t a spirit being or a ghost. He was in HIS ACTUAL BODY.
 John 20:19-20 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. 20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.
- He ate and drank with HIS disciples after HE AROSE from the dead.
- Witnesses saw Jesus die on the cross. Those same witnesses saw HIM after He arose from the dead.
- This is not a fairy tale. This is not a story. IT HAPPENED. It’s all written in the Bible. It happened.
- Jesus was seen by over 500 witnesses at ONE TIME after HIS RESURRECTION.
 1 Corinthians 15:3-8 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: 5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: 6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. 7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. 8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
- In other words, Jesus DIED and AROSE from the dead. There are witnesses to that.
- This WORD OF GOD, which is perfect in every way, IS A WTINESS TO THAT.
- Witnesses are VERY IMPORTANT in this life. The Bible says so.
- How do we know that GOD IS 3 IN ONE? Well, there can’t be just one witness.
- The Bible says so. This is how we know that JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD. He is NOT GOD THE FATHER.
- I’m telling you this today BECAUSE you need to make sure you have the RIGHT JESUS to be saved.
- The JESUS in this Bible right here is NOT God the Father. Understand that today. Here’s why.
- This is Jesus HIMSELF speaking in the Book of John.
- And understand FAITH is believing the words in this Bible. Do you have FAITH in God? Believe HIS WORDS.
 John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
- Jesus says that HE SEEKS not HIS OWN WILL. He seeks the WILL OF THE FATHER which sent HIM.
- Obviously, they aren’t the same person.
- They are ONE GOD but each is a different person with a different will. Let’s continue in that same chapter.
 John 5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
- Jesus HIMSELF says HE CAN’T BEAR witness of HIMSELF. He needs another witness.
- That’s why there are 3 persons in ONE GOD.
 John 5:32 There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.
- These are the words of Jesus. They aren’t MY WORDS. The truth is within the Bible.
- Jesus says, “THERE IS ANOTHER THAT BEARETH WITNESS OF ME.” Well, who is this?
- Who is Jesus talking about right here? Let’s see.
 John 5:33-35 Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth. 34 But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved. 35 He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.
- So Jesus is telling us right here that HIS WITNESS is not man. It’s not ANY MAN.
- Then who is it? Let’s find out.
 John 5:36-37 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me. 37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
- Jesus has a GREATER WITNESS that that of John.
- THE FATHER HIMSELF is a witness to Jesus.
- But remember, Jesus just said a few verses earlier that HE doesn’t BEAR WITNESS OF HIMSELF.
- So obviously, Jesus is NOT God the Father. He is the SON OF THE FATHER.
- And notice, Jesus is speaking to people in person RIGHT THERE in this Scripture.
 John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
- Jesus HIMSELF is the SON OF GOD and He’s obviously been seen by MAN.
- He came to earth and lived for over 30 years. He was seen on the cross. He was seen after He arose.
- That verse right there is talking about GOD THE FATHER.
- All 3 persons of the ONE TRUE GOD all EXIST at the same time.
- There’s SCRIPTURE all throughout the Bible showing all 3 at the same time. Here’s one.
A Voice Came From Heaven
 Mark 1:9-11 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan. 10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him: 11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
- Jesus comes up out of the water. The HOLY SPIRIT descends upon JESUS.
- A voice from GOD THE FATHER in heaven is heard saying “Thou are my beloved SON in whom I am well pleased.”
- God doesn’t play games. He isn’t trying to trick us here. SATAN is the deceiver. God isn’t. God is truth.
- You need to see the truth today in the WORD OF GOD.
- God the Father loves you so much that He sent HIS SON to die for you.
- Jesus is not the name of the Father. Jesus is the name of the SON OF GOD. The entire Bible teaches this.
 John 8:16-18 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me. 17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. 18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
- That’s Jesus speaking right there. He says, “I AM NOT ALONE.” In other words, there is more than HIM.
- He says, I bear witness AND my FATHER beareth witness of me. “MY FATHER SENT ME.”
 John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
- Jesus came from God the Father, but they aren’t the same person.
- GOD THE FATHER sent Jesus the Son. God RAISED UP Jesus from HELL from the DEAD.
- Who raised Jesus from the DEAD? God the Father and the Holy Spirit. All are GOD.
 Acts 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.
 Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
 Acts 13:33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.
- Jesus is the ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD. He was begotten when HE was raised from the dead.
- Not at HIS birth. But at HIS NEW BIRTH when He was raised from the dead.
 Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
- Why is it so important to understand that GOD THE FATHER and the HOLY SPIRIT raised Jesus from the dead?
- Do you see why it’s important to UNDERSTAND that it’s not JESUS ALONE. There are 3 that bear record in heaven. There are 3 HEAVENLY witnesses.
- Let’s see why this is so important.
 Romans 10:8-9 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
- If you BELIEVE in your heart that GOD HATH RAISED JESUS from the dead, “THOU SHALT BE SAVED!!!”
- If you think Jesus raised HIMSELF from the dead or that Jesus was somebody He isn’t, then you aren’t saved. It can’t be a different Jesus.
- It must be JESUS the SON OF GOD who is God who died on the cross for you.
- The soul of Jesus went to hell for you. HE WENT TO HELL. He didn’t stop being Jesus once He died.
- He was DEAD for you. He went to hell for you. He didn’t go to paradise. He went to HELL FOR YOU.
 1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
- He took ALL YOUR SINS. Not just the ones you’ve already committed. He took them all.
- Past, present, and future sins. He already knows what you’re going to do wrong.
- But you’re here right now, TODAY, because He wants you to be saved.
- I NEVER heard this TRUTH one time in MY LIFE. I went to church my ENTIRE LIFE. Never heard it.
- What you’re hearing today is from God because He wants to save you. He loves you.
- Even though Jesus died for ALL, not ALL go to heaven. Most don’t. Here’s why.
- This is Jesus HIMSELF speaking in Matthew Chapter 7 starting in verse 13.
 Matthew 7:13-14 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
- Jesus HIMSELF tells us that MOST PEOPLE go to hell. Most people CHOOSE destruction.
- “WIDE IS THAT GATE” Jesus says. But guess what?
- The way to heaven is hard to find. It’s straight and it’s narrow because there’s only one way.
- “FEW BE THERE THAT FIND IT.” So, I hope you’re listening today.
- I never heard the truth in 30 PLUS YEARS in this world. That’s what Jesus is talking about right there.
- Hear the truth today and be saved TODAY because you might not ever hear it again.
- Step 4 to understand: What MUST I do to be saved?
- So, let’s see the MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION in all of the Bible.
- What MUST I do to be saved? It’s now what “SHOULD” we do as in Acts 2:38.
- It’s what MUST I do to be saved!!! If you want to go to heaven, here’s the question and the answer.
 Acts 16:29-30 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas, 30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
- This prison keeper almost killed himself because he was so upset. Paul stopped him from doing that.
- He fell down before Paul and Silas and asked: “SIRS, WHAT MUST I DO TO BE SAVED?”
- The answer is EXACLTY what you MUST do today to be saved.
 Acts 16:31-33 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. 32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house. 33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.
- If you want to be saved today, the only thing you MUST do is BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.
- That’s the title of this sermon today. And that’s the KEY to everlasting life. And you can have it right now.
- And notice, it’s not just for you and I today. It’s for your whole house. They all NEED to be saved today.
Preach The Word Of God Constantly
Paul and Silas preached the word of God to that man and all HIS HOUSE that day.
- You’re hearing that same preaching TODAY. This is the WORD OF GOD.
- They heard the preaching, they believed the preaching, they BELIEVED ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.
- The man and all of HIS HOUSE. Once you believe, you’re saved. And that’s before BAPTISM.
- You shouldn’t be baptized unless you’re already SAVED. Baptism is the first good work you can do.
- Jesus commands us to be baptized, and doing so is the first step in OBEYING the ONE TRUE GOD.
- Once you’re saved, you can choose to live a life FOR GOD or choose not to live for God.
You’re still saved NO MATTER WHAT YOU CHOOSE. How do I know this? The Bible tells me so.
- Now that you understand what it takes to be SAVED, these verses that I’m about to read to you should make 100% sense to you now.
- If you’ve already changed your mind and now BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ 100% and you understand it’s the ONLY the sacrifice Jesus made, you’re already SAVED.
- The Bible starts to make a lot more sense to you because you now have the HOLY SPIRIT of GOD living within you. It’s not some outward showing of the Spirit. It’s the INDWELLING of the Holy Spirit.
 John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
 John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
- Notice all of these verses so far. What do they say you MUST do to receive everlasting life?
- “BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST.” That’s all it says. It doesn’t say anything else.
- All of these verses are the words of JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF. Every word He speaks is TRUTH.
- He didn’t add anything else to salvation.
- He simply says: “WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH IN ME HAS ETERNAL LIFE.”
 John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
- Believe on Jesus alone and you have everlasting life RIGHT NOW. You have it now. Not in the future.
- You don’t get it after you die. You get it at the MOMENT you believe on Jesus.
- If you NEVER believe ONE MOMENT in your life, you go to hell. God tells us that NO ONE has an excuse.
- God says HE REVEALS HIMSELF to all people. There is no excuse for anyone going to hell.
- If you’re listening to this sermon right now, you have no excuse today.
- God’s bringing you to HIM through HIS HOLY SPIRIT. He wants you to accept the gift today.
 John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
- Do you see that verse right there? That’s Jesus speaking. It’s pretty easy to understand.
- Yet, you have all these false preachers saying something than different than JESUS.
- They say: you must be baptized, you must repent of your sins, you must live a good life, you must go to church, you must not cut your hair, you must wear this or that, you can’t do this, you must do that.
- Hey look: OPEN YOUR EYES TODAY and see the words in John 6:47 straight from Jesus HIMSELF.
- God has all authority and power. No church, no religion, no denomination, no man HAS THAT POWER.
- If you want to be saved right now and receive EVER LASTING life right now, simply do what Jesus says right there.
What Does Believe On Jesus Christ Actually Mean?
BELIEVE ON HIM. What does this mean?
- It means putting 100% of your trust on HIM. It means putting 100% of your confidence in HIM.
- You need to understand that you don’t work for it. You don’t earn your way to heaven.
- Jesus did all the work. It’s not your baptism that saves you. It’s not your good works that save you.
- It’s not your obedience to God in every day life that saves you.
It’s not YOUR WORKS good or bad in ANY WAY that saves you.
- It’s simply changing your mind (takes no work to do that) and believing on Jesus to save you.
- That’s all you have to do. You can sit right there in the seat and change your mind.
- God chose PREACHING as the preferred method to save people. Are you listening today?
- Preaching of the word of God saved me, and I hope today you hear the word of God.
- The word of God has THE POWER TO SAVE YOU. Faith is believing the word of God.
- Step 5 to understand: Eternal Life is a gift from God.
 Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- The gift of GOD to you today is eternal life THROUGH Jesus Christ.
- It’s not through you. It only comes through Jesus.
 Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
- For by GRACE. Grace is you getting something you don’t deserve. I don’t deserve it. You don’t deserve it.
- Why? Because we’re not good people. We mess up. We’re sinners. But yet, God wants to save you.
- You’re saved by GRACE through FAITH. Faith is believing God and what He says.
- And not of yourselves means NOT OF YOURSELF!!! It is the gift of God.
- NOT OF WORKS lest any man should boast.
If works got you to heaven, you would be able to brag about it.
- “HEY LOOK AT ME!!! Look at all the wonderful works I have done in my life. I am a great person.”
- Anyone who thinks this, Jesus says in Matthew Chapter 7 that HE NEVER KNEW THEM.
- They weren’t saved and lost it. They never were saved. Why?
- Because thinking it’s of works in any way MEANS you aren’t saved. It’s all Jesus. It’s not your works.
- It’s not you being GOOD! It’s JESUS alone. Put all your trust in Him.
If I gave you a birthday gift and said, “Hey, I need $50 for that gift.” It wouldn’t be a gift.
- If I said, “Hey, I need you to do some work for that gift.” It wouldn’t be a gift.
- That’s what God means when He says IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD. He wants to GIVE IT TO YOU today.
- He’s an amazing God. We don’t deserve a FREE GIFT, but He wants to give you the most amazing gift.
- It’s better than winning 100 lotteries. Money burns. Gives you more problems.
- Eternal life is EVERLASTING!!! I have enough money that I can have pretty much anything I want.
Money = Nothing Compared To Everlasting Life
But guess what? Money is nothing. I don’t even care about it. We need it. But God will provide it.
- When you understand what you have with eternal life, you understand MONEY is nothing.
- You understand that GOD HAS YOU NOW, and 100 lotteries is a JOKE compared to what God can do for you.
- He will take care of you. MONEY won’t save you. God saves you. When Elijah had no food, God had ravens bring Him food.
- When you need something, trust in God to provide and He will provide for HIS SAVED people.
- Do you want to be saved today? I sure hope so with all that I have.
- Step 6 to understand: Once you receive EVERLASTING LIFE, you can’t lose it.
- How do I know you can’t lose it? BECAUSE the Bible tells me so. Man doesn’t tell me.
- Man isn’t the authority. GOD IS THE AUTHORITY.
- So when someone tells you that you can lose the salvation you’ve received from God, they are 100% without a doubt LYING to you.
- God takes HIS WORDS very seriously and when someone tells you different than HIS WORD, God isn’t going to be happy with them. GOD IS A GOD OF WRATH, and I don’t mess with God.
- I know He is. Hear these words today from 1 John Chapter 5 verses 10 through 13.
- These are my favorite verses in the Bible because they SAVED ME.
- These are the exact verses that SAVED ME. They woke me up. They helped me to see the truth.
 1 John 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
- If you believe not the record that God gave of HIS SON, then you’ve made God a liar. Not good.
- God gave the record of HIS SON. Believe what HE SAYS. Jesus is the SON OF GOD. He is not the FATHER.
- What’s the RECORD that we need to believe? The next verses tell us.
 1 John 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
- If you want to be saved today, you MUST believe that God has given you eternal life.
- If you think you can lose eternal life, then you’ve made God a liar the Bible says.
- I used to think I could lose it when I did something bad. Church taught me I could lose it, get it back, lose it, do something good get it back, lose it when I sin, repent get it back. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.
- That is NOT in the Bible and it’s lie straight from hell. That lie is sending MY PEOPLE to hell.
- ETERNAL LIFE is everlasting life. If you get it today, can you lose it when you do something bad?
- YOU WILL DO SOMETHING BAD. We’re sinners. We mess up. It’s okay God says. YOU HAVE ETERNAL LIFE.
- I didn’t say it. I didn’t make it up. GOD SAID IT. Listen to this.
 1 John 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
- If you want everlasting life, you better put ALL YOUR TRUST on Jesus and not yourself.
 1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
- Do you believe on the name of the Son of God? Do you believe on Jesus Christ of Nazareth?
- If you do TODAY, what’s that verse say?
- It says: “YOU MAY KNOW THAT YOU HAVE ETERNAL LIFE!!!”
- “YOU MAY BELIEVE ON THE NAME OF THE SON OF GOD!!!”
- It’s saying: “Hey, you can count on Jesus.” You can’t count on anyone or anything else in this world.
- But HEY!!! You can count on Jesus Christ.
- Once you put that trust on HIM, you’re saved MY FRIEND. That’s what God says.
- He says, “You may KNOW that YOU HAVE everlasting life.”
Can You Lose Something You Already Have If It’s EVERLASTING?
So, I want to ask you today: If you are saved right now, and you do something really bad in 10 years, do you lose everlasting life?
- If you could lose it, it wouldn’t be everlasting. God would be a liar He says. And He sure isn’t a liar.
- You don’t lose it, get it back, lose it, get it back. The Bible NEVER says this not ONCE!!!
- Instead it says, BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST and you HAVE everlasting life. End of story.
- Don’t EVER let someone tell you that you can lose it.
 John 10:28-30 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and my Father are one.
- That’s Jesus speaking right there. HE HAS POWER. A false preacher doesn’t have ANY POWER.
- Jesus says: “I give unto them eternal life and they shall NEVER perish.”
- He says: “NO MAN can pluck them out of my hand.” That includes you. He says NO MAN.
- You can’t lose it. You are in the hand of Jesus Christ HIMSELF. Understand who He is. He made you.
- And if that’s not enough. Jesus says, “MY FATHER is greater than all!!!”
- “And NO MAN is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. I and my Father are one.”
- So picture that. You are in the hand of Jesus. You’re safe there. But just in case you don’t believe that.
- GOD THE FATHER’s hand comes in over the hand of Jesus and HE SAYS: “Hey, I’ve got you here safe.”
Do you really think ANYONE can steal you out of the hands of GOD HIMSELF?
- No, it can’t happen. I know 100% for sure because GOD SAYS SO.
Once you’ve changed your mind and believe on Jesus, you then get to make your own choices each day.
- If you truly believe, you understand God is there. You’ve received the Holy Spirit within you.
- You can choose each day to obey God or not to obey God.
- When you become saved, it’s a NEW BIRTH. You are now in God’s family.
- You weren’t in it until you put all your faith on Jesus Christ to save you.
- Now, He’s your Father in heaven. Now, you are in HIS FAMILY. Understand that because it’s very important.
- You are HIS CHILD now. You cannot lose your salvation. You will be in heaven when you die 100% without a doubt.
BUT, you can now choose to stay in fellowship with God or break that fellowship.
- If you know who God is, you won’t break that fellowship. You’ll want to obey Him and do what He says.
- How do you know what God wants? Read the Bible every day. He tells you all about Him.
- And you’ll understand you don’t want to go up against God.
- 12 minutes a day gets you through the Bible once a year. You can do better than that.
- One hour a day (or 15 minutes for 4 times a day) gets you through the Bible 5 times a year.
- That’s pretty good. Then, you’ll learn what God wants and not what churches want.
- You want a church that teaches you God’s Word. Not one that teaches their RELIGION.
PURE RELIGION is what God wants using HIS WORDS.
- So, you can’t do what God wants if you don’t know God’s word.
- It’s going to be difficult to learn what God wants when a church doesn’t teach what God wants.
- Churches today teach that God is love and He loves everyone no matter what.
- GOD IS LOVE, but they don’t understand what love is. He doesn’t love everyone no matter what.
- If He did, there wouldn’t be a hell. Throwing someone in hell is NOT an act of love towards that person.
- God throws the person in hell to get rid of wickedness and evil. That’s loving the rest of us.
- GOD HATES EVIL. GOD HATES SIN. He doesn’t want you to sin.
- He understands you’ll mess up, but He wants you to give it your best every day.
God Does Punish His Children
Just as I will punish my children when they do wrong, God will do the same.
- God is a GOOD FATHER. He tells us that He will punish us IN THIS LIFE if we go up against Him.
- He’s not taking your eternal life away. But He will punish you in this life if you want to go against Him.
 2 Samuel 7:14-15 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men: 15 But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.
- God tells us He will punish us in this life if we disobey Him. King Saul was saved. The Bible tells us that.
- King Saul is in heaven right now. The Bible tells us he went to heaven.
- King Saul was punished by God for DISOBEYING HIM greatly. King Saul killed himself.
- That was a punishment from God for GREATLY DISOBEYING God. He was God’s anointed KING.
- The worst punishment you can receive is death in this life. You don’t want that.
- God can make your life a LIVING HELL. You don’t want that.
- But understand NO MATTER WHAT, you’re going to heaven if you’re saved.
- So, when you mess up, what do you do? This is Jesus speaking in Revelation Chapter 3.
 Revelation 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
- God punishes us when we do wrong because He wants us to get back to Him.
- Why? Because it’s best for us. He doesn’t want us going down the wrong path.
- When you mess up, ask God for forgiveness. Sin is still counted to your flesh but not your soul.
- Understand the difference today. Ask for forgiveness, and you’re forgiven.
 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- Your soul is FREE FROM SIN once you’re saved BUT you still sin in your FLESH.
- That’s what you need to do your best to stop. You’ll never be sin-free but you can get better.
- When you’re SAVED, your SOUL is sealed from sin by the Holy Spirit. He protects your soul.
 Ephesians 1:12-14 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
- So I hope today, you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation.
- I hope you BELIEVED what was said today from GOD’S WORD.
- If so, you’re sealed with the Holy Spirit. You have the Holy Spirit. You’re saved.
- And you can’t lose it. I hope you’ll choose today to SERVE GOD the rest of your life. It’s your choice.
- Here’s one of my favorite Scriptures in all the Bible.
 Joshua 24:14-15 Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD. 15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
- All the churches I grew up in served a false god. Never taught me the Gospel.
- Never taught me how to be saved. Taught me lies. They served a false god.
- In verse 14 on the screen, Joshua says, “PUT AWAY THE GODS WHICH YOUR FATHERS SERVED.”
- He says, “CHOOSE YOU THIS DAY WHOM YE WILL SERVE.”
- Not tomorrow, not in 2 weeks, not in 2 months, not in 10 years. TODAY HE SAYS.
- Does it seem evil to serve the Lord God Almighty who has SAVED YOU? Who gave you everlasting life?
- Who died for you so you wouldn’t burn in hell for eternity?
- “AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSE, WE WILL SERVE THE LORD!!!” How about you? What’s your choice?
So, to close, what do you do now?
- You make a choice to serve God or not. If not, you will have a tough life.
- If you choose to serve Him, what do you do? First thing is get baptized.
- That’s you saying: “Hey God, I want to serve you and obey you.”
- “You COMMANDED me to be baptized, and I want to do what you say.”
- If you want to be baptized here, we have everything we need to baptize you.
Then, you read the Bible. You study the Bible. You learn who He is and what He wants.
- If you want to make God happy, just read the Bible. Go to a church that teaches the Bible properly.
- Find one that doesn’t lie to you. That teaches the truth.
- If you’re reading and studying your Bible on your own, you’ll know whose telling you the truth.
- You’ll recognize false teaching immediately because you know your Bible. That’s what God wants.
- Then, you obey and do what God says. You go out Soul Winning with us. Be a silent partner.
- Watch and learn how to win SOULS to Jesus Christ. Tell others about Jesus. Learn how to do it naturally.
- If you want to cause a party in heaven, help get someone SAVED! Tell them the truth in the Bible.
“BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AND THOU SHALT BE SAVED!!!”