- Sermon Slides for Sermon Choice Versus No Choice: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Choice Versus No Choice: PDF
 The title of the sermon today is “CHOICE VERSUS NO CHOICE.”
The World Has Lost Its Mind
- The world today has lost its mind. This country has lost its mind.
- Half the people in this country can’t understand the difference between choice and no choice.
- For example, you don’t get a choice when it comes to your birth.
- You didn’t choose to have a life. You didn’t get to choose what time you were born.
- “Well, I wanted to live in the 70’s so I chose to be born so I could live in the 70’s.”
- You don’t get choices in many different things, but half this country thinks you do.
For example, you don’t get to choose the color of your skin. That means the color of your skin doesn’t matter.
- Did you get a choice? “Well, I want to be a darker skin color.” Yes, you can go get a tan.
- But you don’t get to change who you were created to be.
- When you were born, your gender was already chosen for you. You don’t get a choice.
- So, yes, you can try to choose your skin color and your gender but you can’t.
- If you’re born a male, you will be a male. If you’re born a female, you will be a female.
- You can get all of the operations you want, but you’ll still be what you were born to be.
- You can attempt to convince yourself in your own mind that you’re something different.
- And you can continue to turn yourself into this magled person. You will be an abomination to God.
God Almighty gives us a choice in most things in this life.
- Today, we need to understand the difference in those things. Choice versus no choice.
- God chooses many things for us, but He also allows to choose many things for ourselves.
- When God chooses something for you, you should trust what He chose for you is best.
For example, your parents. Someone might say, “Well look at the horrible parents God gave me.”
- Maybe He did that so you would wake up and not be like them.
- Maybe if you had good parents you would have never turned to God.
- Maybe you would have been comfortable in your ways and never sought after God at all.
- Maybe you’ve had to go through some very tough times, but maybe if you didn’t, you would have went to hell.
- God makes choices for you. You need to trust the choices God made for you.
- Some people say, “Well, I’m just destined to be like my Dad, and I can’t do anything about it.”
- God didn’t give you a choice in your parents, but He gave you the choice to be different.
 Isaiah 65:12 Therefore will I number you to the sword, and ye shall all bow down to the slaughter: because when I called, ye did not answer; when I spake, ye did not hear; but did evil before mine eyes, and did choose that wherein I delighted not.
- You have a choice to answer God when He calls for you. He doesn’t make you answer Him.
- You have a choice to sit there today and listen to God’s word or not. You have a choice to hear or not.
- You have a choice to do evil or to do good. You have a choice to sin or not to sin.
 Isaiah 66:4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.
- You should choose to do the things that God delights in as those things are not sin.
- God does not delight in sin at all. If you choose sin, God is not happy at all.
- You have a right to make the choice to sin, and God has the right to make the choice of your punishment.
- God says right there in Isaiah Chapter 66 verse 4, “I also will choose their delusions and will bring fear.”
- Why? Because you CHOSE not to hear God and to do what He asked.
- Some people might say, “Well, I didn’t know not to do that.” Well, why not?
- Because YOU made the choice not to read God’s word and figure out what He wanted.
- If the great and terrible God of this told you that He gets angry when you sin, wouldn’t you want to know what you should and shouldn’t be doing?
You Are Making These Choices
For example, you get a choice in who you have a sexual relationship with.
- Some people don’t in certain situations like rape, and that’s not their fault.
- That’s the fault of the evil scum that chooses to do evil acts like that. And God will take care of them.
- But, you do get a choice in who you have a sexual relationship with.
- Fornication is a sexual relationship between people who are not married.
- You might think that’s okay. But what does God say about that? Don’t you care what God says?
- The word “God” isn’t just some mythical name. “Oh God said that. Well, okay. I might think about it.”
- The name GOD doesn’t mean much to some people but it will one day when they fall on their face shaking in fear of the sight of God Almighty.
- Let’s see if God is happy with fornication. Again, that’s a sexual relationship outside of marriage.
- God says marriage is between one man and one woman. Not man and man and not woman and woman.
 Ezekiel 16:26 Thou hast also committed fornication with the Egyptians thy neighbours, great of flesh; and hast increased thy whoredoms, to provoke me to anger.
- Commit fornication, increase they whoredoms, and you will provoke God Almighty to anger.
- Have you ever been scared of a person in your life?
- If your Dad did his job properly, you should have been scared of him.
- Think of that person you were truly scared of. Did you want to provoke that person to anger?
- Well, you can take that person and multiply that person by infinity and that would be God.
- Do you really want to make the most powerful thing to ever exist angry? Think about that.
- Do you want to provoke God to anger? Let me answer that for you. YOU DON’T. Here’s why.
 Ezekiel 16:27 Behold, therefore I have stretched out my hand over thee, and have diminished thine ordinary food, and delivered thee unto the will of them that hate thee, the daughters of the Philistines, which are ashamed of thy lewd way.
- This is an example of what God did to His very own people.
- If you’re saved and committing fornication, you should be ready for God’s anger.
- He diminished their food in this example. He deleivered them unto the will of the people that hated them.
- Even the wicked Philistines were ashamed of the lewdness of God’s people. That’s sad.
- Other countries in this world that see the lewdness of the United States are ashamed of this country.
What is lewdness? It’s giving in to lust. “I want that so bad that I’ll do anything for it.”
- “I’ve got to have that woman. I’ve got to have that man. I must have that dessert. I must have that food.”
- “I must have more money. I need more drugs so I can feel great. I must have all these things.”
- Yes, that’s what this country has turned into. It’s the place where dreams are made.
- It’s now the country of lust and lewdness. Do whatever makes you happy. It’s sickening.
- Other people throughout this world are ashamed at the lewdness of this country.
- People that don’t have God are ashamed, and that’s bad. Why? Because of the choices we make.
- We don’t have to be that way. But we’ve chosen to be that way.
 Ezekiel 16:28 Thou hast played the whore also with the Assyrians, because thou wast unsatiable; yea, thou hast played the harlot with them, and yet couldest not be satisfied.
- “Thou was unsatiable.” Unsatiable means you can’t be satisfied with what you have. You need more.
- You’ve been given everything in your life, but yet, you need more. You’re dad gave you everything.
- But that’s not enough. You need more. You won’t get up and work for anything. Yet, you want more.
- No matter what, you will never be satisfied.
- You’ll call other people and put them down because they won’t give you everything you want.
- You’ve played the harlot or the whore with everything else in this life and YET you would not be satisfied.
- But people warn you over and over throughout your life to come to God and be satisifed.
- And yet, you choose everything else in this world but God and play the whore against God.
 Ezekiel 16:29 Thou hast moreover multiplied thy fornication in the land of Canaan unto Chaldea; and yet thou wast not satisfied herewith.
- Don’t you think it’s time to stop the fornication against God and against yourself?
- You’ll never be satisfied with it. You’ll never be happy, joyful, or at peace. So why do it?
 Ezekiel 16:30-32 How weak is thine heart, saith the Lord GOD, seeing thou doest all these things, the work of an imperious whorish woman; 31 In that thou buildest thine eminent place in the head of every way, and makest thine high place in every street; and hast not been as an harlot, in that thou scornest hire; 32 But as a wife that committeth adultery, which taketh strangers instead of her husband!
- Yes, God hates fornication. This is the actual sexual act outside of marriage. He hates it.
- He compares fornication to you choosing some other way over His way. You have a choice.
 Ezekiel 16:33 They give gifts to all whores: but thou givest thy gifts to all thy lovers, and hirest them, that they may come unto thee on every side for thy whoredom.
- The world gives gifts to all the whores in this world. And the whores give gifts to their lovers.
- They always want more lovers and the lovers want more whores. Why can’t we just stick to God alone?
- You have that choice. Living together without be BIBLICALLY married is fornication.
- This automatically makes homosexuality fornication. Yes, you have a choice to not be a sodomite.
 Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
- How can people say that “WE DON’T HAVE A CHOICE. WE WERE BORN THAT WAY.”
- What do you mean that you don’t have a choice? God sure doesn’t make you sin.
- God doesn’t MAKE you commit that action of sodomy. That’s sickness.
- Man shall not lie with man. It is abomination. They are abusers of themselves. That’s sickness.
 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
- God doesn’t like effeminate men. That’s men who act feminine. It’s easy to see everywhere in this world.
- And especially in the so-called “Christian” churches. The men are effeminate.
- The sodomites are infiltrating so-called “Christian” churches which are actually churches of Satan.
 Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
- Is sodomy and homosexuality okay? No, it’s fornication. It’s a great sin. And it’s a choice they make.
- It is an abomination to God, and it should be an abomination to you IF you have the Holy Spirit.
 Deuteronomy 7:26 Neither shalt thou bring an abomination into thine house, lest thou be a cursed thing like it: but thou shalt utterly detest it, and thou shalt utterly abhor it; for it is a cursed thing.
- Oh, but we are to love them and accept them. That’s not love.
- Allowing great sin and encouraging sin is a GREAT SIN in itself.
- Love is following God’s commandments. When you accept sin, you’re hating those people.
- Utterly abhor the abomination means to greatly hate it and stay away from it. Not accept it.
- And if you believe this is just the Old Testament that should be ignored, you have that choice.
- But what you really need to do is actually read and study the Bible.
- Then you’ll know the importance of the Old Testament and how many times it’s quoted in the New Testament.
There’s A Difference In Having A Choice And Not Having A Choice
There’s a difference in having a choice and not having a choice.
- You don’t have a choice in certain things. You don’t get to choose your gender.
- The same people who say they don’t have a choice in their homosexuality are the same people who say they get a choice in their gender.
- “Well, I can change my gender if I want. I can be whoever I want to be.” That’s what they say.
- But then the same abominations say, “Well I was made that way and I didn’t get a choice.”
- Do you see how everything they say makes no sense at all? But the Bible makes perfect sense.
 1 Kings 14:22-24 And Judah did evil in the sight of the LORD, and they provoked him to jealousy with their sins which they had committed, above all that their fathers had done. 23 For they also built them high places, and images, and groves, on every high hill, and under every green tree. 24 And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel.
- That Scripture is talking about how evil the acts of the kingdom of Judah were.
- And notice it says, “And there were sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the Lord cast out before the children of Israel.”
- Yes, they do abominable acts that you probably wouldn’t even believe.
 1 Kings 15:11-12 And Asa did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, as did David his father. 12 And he took away the sodomites out of the land, and removed all the idols that his fathers had made.
- King Asa did that which was right and took the sodomites out of the land. Is that not clear?
- If this was today’s world, do you think God would say King Asa did wrong when he took out the sodomites?
- The sodomites had a choice, and they chose to reject God and be a servant to sin.
The evil doctrine of Calvinism has spread throughout so-called “Christian” churches.
- This doctrine says that God doesn’t give you a choice to be saved.
- God chooses for you. If you want to go to hell, God will make you go to heaven.
- If you want to go to heaven by trusting on Jesus Christ, God will make you go to hell.
- That’s what Calvinism is teaching. You don’t have a choice to trust on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- God chooses everything for you and makes you do things. It’s not your faith.
- It’s not you choosing to Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- God chooses faith for you and makes you have faith.
- Do you have a choice to be saved or not? Calvinism is evil.
Did you know how many people are worshipping in these false churches following Calvinism?
- They call themselves REFORMED. So, if you see “REFORMED” in their name, you’ll know their Calvinist.
- In other words, they’ll say that you don’t get a choice. You can’t change your mind and believe.
- You can’t repent for salvation, which means change your mind and believe.
- Though, the Bible says over and over to repent and believe the Gospel.
- Again, REFORMED is a trigger word for Calvinist. There’s a Calvinist church about one minute from here.
- Reformation Church of Shelbyville. They’re reformed.
Who else is a part of Calvnisim?
- Continental Reformed, Presbyterian, Evangelical Anglican, Congregationalist, and Reformed Baptist.
- Some Espiscopalian churches are also Calvinist. There’s easily over 100 million people in Calvinism.
- God took all your choices away according to them. God controls every action you take.
- You can’t be saved by changing your mind. God forces you to change your mind.
- If you know the Bible at all, you would see this is one of the most ignorant doctrines in existence.
- Total depravity is another trigger word. We’re so depraved that we cannot do anything good.
- We can’t even change our mind and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ like Jesus Himself directs us to do.
 Mark 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
- That’s Jesus Christ giving us the choice to repent and believe the Gospel.
- A Calvinist says, “Oh no, Jesus was just tricking us there. You really don’t have that choice.”
 Acts 16:30-31 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
- Paul and Silas told the jailer how to be saved. Did you notice what they didn’t say?
- They didn’t say, “Well, God must choose you to believe and He’ll make you believe.”
- “So don’t worry about it. Just go on home and God will force you to believe and save you.”
 John 9:35-38 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God? 36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him? 37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee. 38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
- That was the blind man that Jesus healed. Do you know what’s missing?
- I don’t see the part where Jesus forced Him to believe on the Son of God.
- Jesus asked Him, “Do you believe on the Son of God?” Jesus didn’t force that man to believe.
- When it comes to salvation, you have a choice. When it comes to sin, you have a choice.
 Joshua 24:14 Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD.
- Why would the Bible tell us things like this over and over again?
- Why would the Bible command us to fear the Lord and serve Him?
- If we didn’t have a choose, God wouldn’t constantly give us these commands.
 Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
- “CHOOSE YOU THIS DAY WHOM YOU WILL SERVE.” Make a choice.
- But Calvinism says you don’t have a choice. God chooses for you.
- The evidence is there just like with everything else in this world.
- Do you have a choice or not? Did you make your own choices today?
- Or, did God make you? Did God force Eve to take of the tree? Did God force Adam?
False Doctrines Of Calvinism Sound Great
But all these false doctrines of Calvinism sound great, don’t they?
- They have it all figured out. The total depravity of man.
- You’re saved by grace alone through faith alone. Sounds good, right?
- But it’s not your faith. It’s God’s forced faith upon you that He makes you have.
- It’s Christ alone they say. But you have to do certain things that God forces you to do.
- Scripture alone they say, but they don’t actually follow the Scriptures.
- They follow their own twisted version of the Scriptures.
For example, you’ll find this at the Reformation Church website. Confusion. Why? Because of man’s beliefs.
- “The most concise expression of our faith is the London Baptist Confession of Faith of 1689.”
- “We affirm the Chicago Statement of Biblical Inerrancy and the Cambridge Declatation.”
- “We affirm the Danvers Statement on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood.”
- “We affirm the Nashville Statement on Marriage and Sexuality.”
- “We affirm the Statement on Social Justice and the Gospel.”
- “We believe that the following 9 Marks summarize our distinctive goals as a church.”
- Do you see what they follow? I don’t need any of those things.
- They just said they believe in SCRIPTURE ALONE but then they list out all of these things from man.
- Just like their Calvinist beliefs that they don’t even understand. “GOD MADE US DO IT.”
 Deuteronomy 30:19-20 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: 20 That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.
- God HIMSELF says right there: “CHOOSE LIFE.” You make the choice.
- “Obey His voice.” That’s what the Bible says right there.
- If you didn’t have a choice, that wouldn’t make any sense at all.
 Proverbs 1:29-30 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD: 30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
- You have a choice to fear God or not. When you sin, you’ve made the choice to not fear God.
- “And did not CHOOSE the fear of the Lord.” That means you have that choice.
 Proverbs 3:31-32 Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways. 32 For the froward is abomination to the LORD: but his secret is with the righteous.
- CHOOSE NONE OF HIS WAYS. Don’t choose sin.
 Isaiah 7:14-16 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. 15 Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good. 16 For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings.
- This Scripture is talking about Jesus Christ. Did you notice what that says?
- “That he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.”
- This means Jesus Christ was made flesh just like us. He made His own choices. He had His own will.
- He could have chose to do bad because He had the right to make His own choices.
- But thank God, He didn’t. But the Bible tells us He could choose.
 Hebrews 11:24-26 By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter; 25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; 26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.
- By faith, Moses CHOSE to suffer affliction rather than enjoy the pleasures of sin.
- Moses made that choice HIMSELF. God didn’t make that choice for Him.
- God chooses many things for us. He chose this earth for us to live in.
- He chooses to give us oxygen to breathe. He chooses the sun to come up each day for us.
- He chooses to give us rain and water to drink. He chooses to come to us to be saved.
- But He doesn’t make up our mind for us. We have a choice.
“Don’t judge me for the choices I make.”
- What you should be saying is don’t judge me for the choices God made for me.
- You shouldn’t judge someone on the color of their skin.
- You shouldn’t judge someone on their gender.
- You shouldn’t judge someone on the choices they didn’t make.
- But you should judge righteous judgement according to God’s commandments.
- And God didn’t say to be arrogant about it or to tell others how great you are compared to them.
- No, you’re not great. You’re not even good the Bible says.
You’re Convicted By Your Own Conscience
People who are constantly doing things that aren’t right are convicted by their own conscience.
- They’ll say, “Don’t judge me.” They’ll even try to quote the Bible.
 Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
- Guess what? God is going to judge you. That’s not what Jesus meant right there.
- You MUST read more in Matthew Chapter 7.
 Matthew 7:1-3 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. 3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
 Matthew 7:4-5 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? 5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.
- Jesus is saying to not judge and condemn people for doing something when you do the same thing.
- He’s saying that you need to stop doing those things so you can THEN help your brother.
- That means you have a choice to stop doing those things.
- Then you have a choice to go help your brother. Or do you just allow him to keep going?
- If you allow him to continue to sin, you aren’t helping him.
- You have a choice. And your brother has a choice.
- But to the wicked people of this world? They say that we can’t help it.
Evil and wicked pyschologists are now telling pedophiles that they can’t help their desires.
- They can’t be cured and cannot change their desires. Did you know psychologists are telling people that?
 Wikipedia says, “There is no evidence that pedophilia can be cured. Instead, most therapies focus on helping the pedophile refrain from acting on their desires. There are no stidues showing that they result in long-term change in sexual preference.”
- Do you see what they’re doing there? It’s a sexual preference to be a pedophile.
- Just like sodomites have a sexual preference.
- Psychologists think they can help the pedophiles by telling them that it’s okay.
- I know how to help them and everyone around them.
 Luke 17:2 It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
- It’s best to just end it. They are sick and nasty perverts.
- Take a heavy stone, tie it about their neck, and cast them into the sea.
- Jesus says it’s much better for that to happen. Just wait until Jesus gets a hold of them.
- Some evil people will say that animals are their sexual preference.
- They’ll say: “Well, I can’t help it. This is my sexual preference.” How do you cure that?
- The Bible has all the answers.
 Leviticus 20:15-16 And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast. 16 And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
- They’ll say, “But I can’t help it. I don’t have a choice of my sexual preference. I just had to do it.”
- What about thieves? “I just had to do it. I didn’t have a choice. I love stealing from people.”
- They’ll say, “I couldn’t help it. I just had to steal that little girl and sell her for money.”
 Exodus 20:15 Thou shalt not steal.
 Exodus 21:16 And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death.
- Kidnapping a person gets the death penalty in the Bible. It’s evil and the reward is death.
- God doesn’t punish for things people can’t help. That means you can help all those things.
- We make the choice to sin. God doesn’t make you sin. We make the choice to be saved.
- God doesn’t force us to be saved.
- Why does God put people to death in the Bible? Because of their choice to sin. Their choice.
 Deuteronomy 24:7 If a man be found stealing any of his brethren of the children of Israel, and maketh merchandise of him, or selleth him; then that thief shall die; and thou shalt put evil away from among you.
- God puts people to death so the evil is not there any more.
- In other words, sodomites are put to death in God’s law to put EVIL away from among the people.
- If I allow my children to do drugs and encourage them to do drugs, that’s evil.
- That’s not loving. They don’t want to go there.
- I’ve had friends in high school that got into drugs and their parents acted like they didn’t know.
- But they did. Really? And they allowed it because they wanted to be friends with their child.
- That boy who was on drugs still lives at home with his parents addicted to drugs and can’t stop.
- The parents should have put a stop to it as soon as they saw it. And that boy would have been okay.
 Leviticus 20:9 For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.
- According to God’s law, parents who are following God should be obeyed by their children.
- If those parents of my friend would have followed God, do you know how much different it could have been?
- There were so many of my friends who started using drugs and they never made it back.
- The parents didn’t care. They just wanted their kids to be cool.
- And one of those friends I had is now a transsexual. Drug head as a teenager.
- And look what that turns into. It’s not good. It’s darkness.
- Do you think God MADE them do those things? No, obviously, it’s a choice.
You Do Have A Choice And It’s Not Okay To Sin Against God
I’m sick of the world telling everyone it’s okay because they don’t have a choice.
- They’ve gone completely crazy. They’ve lost it. The evidence is there.
- We all know that it’s our choice to do those things.
- I chose to marry Pam. I could have chosen not to marry Pam.
- I chose to have children with Pam. I could have chosen not to have children with Pam.
 Ephesians 6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
- Does that mean to obey your parents if they’re evil and wicked?
- Does that mean to worship Satan with your parents because they told you to?
- “Obey your parents IN THE LORD.” If they aren’t in the Lord, then you don’t obey.
- “Hey Callie, I want you to go rob the bank for me. God said to obey me.”
- “Hey Taylor, I want you to go steal from the store for me. God said to obey me.”
- “Hey Emma, we don’t have any food because I spent it all on drugs. Go steal some bread for us.”
- You might think these are bad examples, but it happens all the time.
 Colossians 3:20 Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.
- That means to obey your parents in all things that aren’t breaking God’s law.
- If I tell my children to go run around the building 21 times, they should do it.
- Why? Because it’s not breaking God’s law or the law of the land.
- Now, would that make them angry?
- Wouldn’t they get sick of me telling them to do stupid things for no reason?
 Colossians 3:21 Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.
- Obviously, I get the choice to be a good father or not. I can provoke them to anger.
- How? Through the choices I make. And they can choose to obey or not.
- The choices I make with my children can send them further away from God by discouraging them.
- Do you think God provokes us to anger and discourages us? No, because He commands the opposite.
- Some children will say, “It’s not my fault I’m evil because my parents were evil.”
- There’s all types of examples in the Bible of children that didn’t continue in the evil ways of their parents.
- There’s examples of Godly people with children who turned to the evil way.
- It’s all because we all have choices to make. It’s up to you to live for God.
 Proverbs 16:9 A man’s heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.
- You get to choose your way. If you allow God to direct your steps, He will.
- How is that? You read the word of God, you study the Bible, and He directs your path.
- You choose to walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh. In other words, you choose God’s way.
 Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
- If you choose the path you think is correct according to your flesh, you’ll sin.
- And sin leads to death. You must choose God’s way to find the right way.
 Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
- Does that say you don’t need to do anything? You have a choice to trust in the Lord.
- If you acknowledge Him in all your ways, He will direct thy paths.
 Galatians 6:7-8 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
- You have the choice to follow what you want after the flesh.
- “I’ve got to have this. I’ve got to have that. I need that food. I need that candy. I need that dessert.”
- “I need those shoes, those clothes, that car. I need that house. I need what my neighbor has.”
- Or, you can sow to the Spirit. “I need to read this Bible. I need to go to church. I need to go soul winning.”
- That’s called sowing to the Spirit. “I need to do what God says. God needs me to do what He says.”
 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- Once you’re saved, you need to confess your sins that you commit in your flesh.
- Your soul is saved from sin if you’ve believed on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- But do you need to make a choice when you sin? Yes, you need to confess your sins.
- Do you need to confess your sins to a priest? No, you go straight to God.
- And yes, that’s a choice you need to make.
- The entire Bible teaches that you have a choice when it comes to being saved and when it comes to sin.
You Are Deceived If You Don’t Think You Have A Choice Not To Sin
If someone acts as if they can’t help something that is clearly a sin, they are deceived.
- Sodomites, thieves, murderers, pedophiles, fornicators, adulterers, and people who covet have a choice.
- Worshipping a false god is a choice that you’ve made. It’s not your parent’s fault.
- It’s not your friend’s fault. It’s not your grandparent’s fault. Can people influence you?
- Well, of course. But it’s not their fault when you sin and go against God Almighty.
 Ezekiel 20:13 But the house of Israel rebelled against me in the wilderness: they walked not in my statutes, and they despised my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; and my sabbaths they greatly polluted: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them in the wilderness, to consume them.
- You can rebel against God. But then He can do what He wants too. He can pour out His fury on you.
- He has always given us the choice from the beginning. He gave Adam and Eve choices.
- They made a bad choice. He gave Cain and Abel choices. Abel chose to not do what God asked.
 Genesis 4:6-7 And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? 7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
- God told Him that doing well and doing good was doing what God asked Him to do.
- Abel did what God asked Him to do by bringing his offering by faith.
- Cain decided he would do it his own way. God didn’t tell Cain to do that.
- He wanted Cain to do it His way. That means they had a choice. That means you have a choice.
 Hebrews 11:4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
- You can only make God happy through faith. Without faith, it is impossible to please God.
- And yes, it’s a choice that you make to have faith in God. It’s your choice.
 1 John 3:11-12 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. 12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother’s righteous.
- Abel’s works were only righteous because he had faith in God.
- Cain’s works were evil because he didn’t have any faith in God.
 Jude 11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
- This simply means that you have a choice to make. Place your faith in God or don’t.
- Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to save you or don’t.
- If not, WOE UNTO YOU. For you will go in the way of Cain. You’ll be corrupted.
- You’ll make everything about you. “Well, I fed the homeless. Well, I go to church. Well, I am great.”
Everything you do will be for your gain. “Well, I’ll go soul winning but only if I gain from it.”
- “Well, I’ll go to church but only if I gain from it.”
- “Well, I’ll do this for God but only if I gain something from it.” Don’t be that way.
- Everything you do shopuld be to the glory of God. You don’t have to gain from everything you do.
- That’s your choice. “Well, I’ll do this for MY children. I’ll do this for MY FRIENDS.”
- “I’ll do this for MY family. I’ll do this for MY parents.” Do you see? It’s all about ME and MY.
- I’ll do that for MY CHURCH. Me, me, me, me. It’s all about me.
- That’s a choice you get to make, but I can promise you that you’re walking in the flesh.
- Jesus didn’t lay down His life for Himself. He made the choice to lay down His life for you. Not for Him.
 John 15:13-14 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. 14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
- That’s called love. Jesus loved you. Now, will you love Him? Do you see that He gave you the choice?
- He says, “You’re my friends IF ye do whatsoever I command you.” If you love Him, you’ll do what He asks.
So, I hope you’ve seen today that we have choices to make.
- The world today is deceiving people by telling them they have no choice.
- Well, it was built into you to be a pedophile. You’re just a thief. You’re just a murderer.
- You can’t be any different than your parents. You’ll always be like them.
- You’ll always live in the projects. You’ll always be nothing. You’re just not smart enough.
- You’re just dumb. You’re just weak. You’re nothing. That’s what the world puts in your head.
They also tell you that you can be anything you want when God made certain choices for you.
- God made you male or female. God made the color of your skin. God attracted you to the opposite sex.
- God tells you what you can do and what you can’t. You don’t get to change God’s rules.
- You don’t get to change the word of God into what you want. It is written for a reason.
- God has already decided many things for you. Don’t try to change those things.
- You shouldn’t try to transform from a man to a woman or from a woman to a man.
- That’s called spitting in the face of God. You should be happy with what God gave you and made you.
Any Pride Is Pure Evil
For example, you shouldn’t be proud that you’re white, black, asian, or hispanic.
- You should be thankful to God that you’re white, black, asian, or hispanic. You didn’t get a choice in that.
- So why would you be proud of something you didn’t do and something you can’t help?
- Black pride. White pride. For some reason, black pride is okay but white pride isn’t in this world.
- Well, guess what? Both are evil and wicked. You can’t do anything about what color God made you.
- But what’s really sickening is gay pride. That’s a decision those people have made and they’re proud of it.
- You shouldn’t be proud of sin. You shouldn’t be proud of anything.
- That’s right. You shouldn’t be PROUD of your children. “Look at MY children. Look at MY family.”
- “Look at the great job that I did with them. Look at how great they are.” That’s called pride.
 Psalm 12:3-4 The LORD shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things: 4 Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail; our lips are our own: who is lord over us?
- If you want to be proud and speak with your flattering lips about everything that is yours, that’s evil.
- And you have that choice. Do you want say to God, “With my tongue, I will prevail. They’re my lips.”
- “Who is God over me?” God gave you choices so now you’re puffed up. Your mouth gets out of control.
- God didn’t make you do it. Let’s start thinking a little more before we speak. We have that choice.
- Understand the difference between choice versus no choice. Let’s just do what God says.