The title of the sermon today is “DANIEL CHAPTER 2.”
The Structure Of The Book Of Daniel
- Quick overview of the structure of the Book of Daniel.
- Daniel Chapters 1 through 6 are the Bible stories that we’re very familiar with.
- Chapters 7 through 12 are the Bible prophecy chapters that are more difficult.
- The division of the Book of Daniel directly in half is VERY OBVIOUS and CLEAR.
- Chapters 1 through 6 are chronological.
- Right in the beginning of Chapter 7, that ends. We back up in time.
- Chapters 7 through 12 are then in chronological order again.
- The 2 separate sections in the Book of Daniel are very obvious.
There is another separation or division in the Book of Daniel that’s VERY IMPORTANT to know.
- The Book of Daniel is written in HEBREW and ARAMAIC or SYRIACK.
- The Bible calls it SYRIACK but we know it today as ARAMAIC.
- Where does the book of Daniel make the switch from Hebrew to Aramaic and then back to Hebrew?
 Daniel 2:4 Then spake the Chaldeans to the king in Syriack, O king, live for ever: tell thy servants the dream, and we will shew the interpretation.
- This is where the Book of Daniel starts in SYRIACK.
- It continues in this language until the end of Chapter 7.
 Daniel 7:28 Hitherto is the end of the matter. As for me Daniel, my cogitations much troubled me, and my countenance changed in me: but I kept the matter in my heart.
- This is where the book of Daniel stops talking about Daniel in the third person.
- When it changes language, that’s when we start to hear directly from Daniel in the first person.
- In Chapter 8, you’ll start to see Daniel say “I SAW A VISION.” It’s no longer “DANIEL DID THIS.”
- It’s “I, DANIEL, DID THIS OR SAW THIS.”
- The rest of the book of Daniel from Chapter 8 is completed in Hebrew.
- So, look, this is another division of language in the Book of Daniel.
- You can say there’s a Hebrew Section and a SYRIACK Section of this Book.
- There’s only one other book that uses SYRIACK and that’s the Book of Ezra.
- And again, it’s only portions of the Book of Ezra from different Kings of Persia.
 Ezra 4:7 And in the days of Artaxerxes wrote Bishlam, Mithredath, Tabeel, and the rest of their companions, unto Artaxerxes king of Persia; and the writing of the letter was written in the Syrian tongue, and interpreted in the Syrian tongue.
- So here, it’s called the Syrian TONGUE or Syrian LANGUAGE.
- Syriack in Daniel, Syrian in Ezra, and Aramaic in today’s world.
- All 3 are the same language.
Some Of Daniel Is Written In Syriack Or Aramaic
Daniel Chapter 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 are written in Syriack so what’s special about this?
- There’s a pattern that comes up in these chapters.
- For example: Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego getting thrown in the fiery furnace and Daniel getting thrown into the Lion’s Den. They are similar events of persecution.
- Let’s draw this pattern of chapters on the white board.
2 3 4 5 6 7
A B C C B A
Pattern A in Daniel Chapter 2
- Chapter 2 is about 4 earthly kingdoms that are destroyed by God’s eternal kingdom.
Pattern B in Daniel Chapter 3
- In Chapter 3, God’s people STAND UP for God, they’re sentenced to DEATH, and God saves them.
Pattern C in Daniel Chapter 4
- In Chapter 4, the King of Babylon (Nebuchadnezzar) is judged and punished for his pride.
- Daniel interprets the dream he has and that interpretation is bad news for the King.
- He spends 7 years out in the wilderness.
Pattern A comes back again in Daniel Chapter 5
- In Chapter 5, the King of Babylon (Belshazzar) is lifted up with pride just like Nebuchadnezzar.
- Daniel interprets the handwriting on the wall and it’s BAD NEWS again for the King.
- The King is killed that night.
Pattern B comes back again in Daniel Chapter 6
- In Chapter 6, Daniel stands up for God and is sentenced to death just like Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego in Chapter 3.
- God saves Daniel just like He saved the other in Chapter 3.
Pattern C comes back in Daniel Chapter 7 just as we see it in Chapter 2.
- You’ll see 4 worldly kingdoms that are destroyed by God’s eternal kingdom.
- Let’s put that on the white board
A B C
2, 7 3, 6 4, 5
A = 4 kingdoms destroyed by God’s ETERNAL KINGDOM
B = God’s people STAND UP, are sentenced to death, God saves them
C = King of Babylon is prideful, Daniel interprets for them, that King is punished
This is the EXACT pattern you’ll see in the Book of Daniel and remember these chapters are written in Syriack
- Why is this pattern so important?
- We need to realize the GREAT CONNECTION between these chapters.
- And especially today since we’re studying Chapter 2, we need to see how it’s connected to Chapter 7.
- To fully understand Chapter 2 and Chapter 7, we need to understand they are connected.
- So you have this section of the Book of Daniel in Syriack and it follows this pattern.
Daniel Chapters 8 Through 11 Follow A Similar Pattern
For the rest of Daniel in Hebrew, it also follows a similar pattern.
- Chapters 8, 9, 10, and 11 are similar.
- Their pattern looks like this and you’ll notice it when you read through and study this book.
- Let’s draw these chapters and patterns on the white board.
8 9 10 11
D E E D
Pattern D in Daniel Chapter 8 and 11
- In Chapter 8, we see all the details about the THIRD KINGDOM Grecia and the Abomination of Desolation.
- In Chapter 11, more details about the same Kingdom of Grecia and the Abomination of Desolation.
Pattern E in Daniel Chapters 9 and 10
- Daniel Chapter 9 is about Daniel praying to God and God sending him an answer
- Daniel Chapter 10 is the same thing. Daniel is praying to God. God sends him the answer.
- All of these patterns help us to break down the Book of Daniel.
- We’re cutting it into smaller pieces so we can understand it much easier and better.
- When something is complex like the Bible, this really, really helps.
- With that, we’re going to start in verse 1 of Daniel Chapter 2.
 Daniel 2:1 And in the second year of the reign of Nebuchadnezzar dreamed dreams, wherewith his spirit was troubled, and his sleep brake from him.
- We’re in the second year of the reign of Nebuchadnezzar.
- He’s dreaming dreams and his spirit is troubled. He’s having trouble sleeping now.
 Daniel 2:2-3 Then the king commanded to call the magicians, and the astrologers, and the sorcerers, and the Chaldeans, for to shew the king his dreams. So they came and stood before the king. 3 And the king said unto them, I have dreamed a dream, and my spirit was troubled to know the dream.
- The King is calling people in to help. Astrologers, sorcerers, and magicians.
- We see the type of people the King is relying on to help him.
- The Chaldeans are a special group of those people and they are known as the wise men.
- The dreams are really bothering him and he wants to know what they mean.
 Daniel 2:4 Then spake the Chaldeans to the king in Syriack, O king, live for ever: tell thy servants the dream, and we will shew the interpretation.
- If you’re going to interpret a dream, you got to know what the dream was, right?
- So they’re asking, “Hey King, what was your dream?” Then, we’ll tell you what it means.
- Do you know how you have dreams sometimes but you forget them almost immediately?
- I do the same thing all the time. Well, watch what the King says here.
 Daniel 2:5-6 The king answered and said to the Chaldeans, The thing is gone from me: if ye will not make known unto me the dream, with the interpretation thereof, ye shall be cut in pieces, and your houses shall be made a dunghill. 6 But if ye shew the dream, and the interpretation thereof, ye shall receive of me gifts and rewards and great honour: therefore shew me the dream, and the interpretation thereof.
- King Nebuchadnezzar forgot the dream. But he wants to know what the dream was AND what it means.
- If they don’t, he tells them they shall be cut in pieces and all of their homes will be made into dunghills.
- And he’s serious. It’s not a joke. He ruled like that, and he would do what he said.
Show Him The Dream And Interpretation And Receive Rewards
- But, if they are able to show the dream and the interpretation, they would receive great gifts, rewards, and honor all throughout his kingdom.
- He says, “Hey, show it to me and give me the interpretation.” He forgot his dream.
- We’ve had the same things happen to us. We want to remember a dream but we forget it quickly.
- Wouldn’t you say the King is being just a tiny bit unreasonable? Yeah, the others think so too.
 Daniel 2:7-8 They answered again and said, Let the king tell his servants the dream, and we will shew the interpretation of it. 8 The king answered and said, I know of certainty that ye would gain the time, because ye see the thing is gone from me.
- So they ask the King again to tell them the dream.
- He says, “Hey, you’re wasting my time. I forgot the dream. Did you not hear what I said?”
- And then the King continues in verse 9.
 Daniel 2:9-11 But if ye will not make known unto me the dream, there is but one decree for you: for ye have prepared lying and corrupt words to speak before me, till the time be changed: therefore tell me the dream, and I shall know that ye can shew me the interpretation thereof. 10 The Chaldeans answered before the king, and said, There is not a man upon the earth that can shew the king’s matter: therefore there is no king, lord, nor ruler, that asked such things at any magician, or astrologer, or Chaldean. 11 And it is a rare thing that the king requireth, and there is none other that can shew it before the king, except the gods, whose dwelling is not with flesh.
- In other words, they’re saying: “You’re crazy, King.”
- There is no one living that can tell you the dream that you forgot.
- And we can’t interpret your dream without knowing what it was FIRST.
- They also tell him that anyone in their right mind would ask someone to do this.
- They’re like, “Hey, you forgot the dream and now you want us to tell you what it was.”
- How do you think the King reacted to this? Let’s see.
 Daniel 2:12-13 For this cause the king was angry and very furious, and commanded to destroy all the wise men of Babylon. 13 And the decree went forth that the wise men should be slain; and they sought Daniel and his fellows to be slain.
- The KING is very, very angry so he decides to destroy all the wise men of Babylon.
- This included Daniel and all of his people. But Daniel didn’t even know what was happening.
 Daniel 2:14-15 Then Daniel answered with counsel and wisdom to Arioch the captain of the king’s guard, which was gone forth to slay the wise men of Babylon: 15 He answered and said to Arioch the king’s captain, Why is the decree so hasty from the king? Then Arioch made the thing known to Daniel.
- This Arioch captain of the King’s guard went forth to slay all of the wise men.
- Daniel says, “Hey, what’s the haste here? Why are you in such a hurry to kill all the wise men?”
- Arioch answers Daniel and tells him why the King is so upset.
- Daniel takes action next in verse 16.
Daniel Needs Some Time
 Daniel 2:16 Then Daniel went in, and desired of the king that he would give him time, and that he would shew the king the interpretation.
- Daniel goes to the King and asks him to give him some time to show the King what he wants.
- Daniel didn’t know right away what the King’s dream was or the interpretation.
- So what does Daniel do? Let’s see.
- And take this as an example when you’re in trouble and need God’s help.
 Daniel 2:17-18 Then Daniel went to his house, and made the thing known to Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, his companions: 18 That they would desire mercies of the God of heaven concerning this secret; that Daniel and his fellows should not perish with the rest of the wise men of Babylon.
- Daniel goes back home and tells his friends that are GODLY MEN.
- Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah are Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.
- When Daniel needs God’s help he also asks his friends to ask God too.
- They’re all in trouble and need God’s help. Join together and ask God.
- Because of this, let’s see what happens next.
 Daniel 2:19 Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven.
- God reveals the dream and the interpretation to Daniel.
- Daniel is very happy and begins to bless God and to praise Him.
 Daniel 2:20-23 Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his: 21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding: 22 He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him. 23 I thank thee, and praise thee, O thou God of my fathers, who hast given me wisdom and might, and hast made known unto me now what we desired of thee: for thou hast now made known unto us the king’s matter.
- No one but God Almighty HIMSELF could have revealed the dream to ANYONE.
- This shows God’s great might and power and shows us that He even knows all your dreams.
 Daniel 2:24 Therefore Daniel went in unto Arioch, whom the king had ordained to destroy the wise men of Babylon: he went and said thus unto him; Destroy not the wise men of Babylon: bring me in before the king, and I will shew unto the king the interpretation.
- Daniel gets straight to it once he knows the dream.
- He goes to Arioch, the captain of the King’s guard, and tells him to not destroy the wise men.
- He says, “I know the dream and what it means!”
 Daniel 2:25 Then Arioch brought in Daniel before the king in haste, and said thus unto him, I have found a man of the captives of Judah, that will make known unto the king the interpretation.
- You can see that Arioch doesn’t want to kill all the wise men and wants the King to know the dream
- Arioch goes in quickly with Daniel and tells the King he found a man of Judah that can tell him the dream
 Daniel 2:26-27 The king answered and said to Daniel, whose name was Belteshazzar, Art thou able to make known unto me the dream which I have seen, and the interpretation thereof? 27 Daniel answered in the presence of the king, and said, The secret which the king hath demanded cannot the wise men, the astrologers, the magicians, the soothsayers, shew unto the king;
- Remember that Daniel’s Babylonian name is Belteshazzar.
- The King asks him, “Can you show me this dream and tell me what it means?”
- Daniel answers and says, “No one else can show you, but here’s who can show you.”
- Watch what Daniel says here.
God In Heaven Can Reveal This But I Can’t
 Daniel 2:28 But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these;
- Daniel says, “I can’t show you but God in heaven is the one that has revealed it to me.”
- “God is going to make known what shall be in the latter days.” In other words, this is FUTURE prophecy.
- Daniel doesn’t take the credit. He gives all of that to God HIMSELF.
 Daniel 2:29-30 As for thee, O king, thy thoughts came into thy mind upon thy bed, what should come to pass hereafter: and he that revealeth secrets maketh known to thee what shall come to pass. 30 But as for me, this secret is not revealed to me for any wisdom that I have more than any living, but for their sakes that shall make known the interpretation to the king, and that thou mightest know the thoughts of thy heart.
- Again, Daniel tells him the dream is about what’s going to happen HEREAFTER. The future.
- Daniels says that the secret is not revealed to himself for wisdom but for the sakes of others.
- In other words, the dream has been showed to them so the others won’t be killed.
- And it’s being shown to the King because God wants him to know these things.
 Daniel 2:31 Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness was excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof was terrible.
- This GREAT IMAGE the King saw in his dream was very bright and excellent.
- The form of that image was terrible! Terrible means that it is frightful or excites terror in someone.
- In other words, it’s a very scary image. Very bright, excellent, and terrible.
 Daniel 2:32-33 This image’s head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass, 33 His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay.
- Visualize the image in your head.
- Head of fine gold. His breast or chest area and arms are silver. His belly and thighs are brass.
- His lower legs of iron. His feet PART iron and PART clay.
 Daniel 2:34-36 Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces. 35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth. 36 This is the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king.
- Notice right there at the end that Daniel says, “We will tell the interpretation thereof before the King.”
- Whose the “we?” Daniel is including Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego as well as God.
- Why? Because they all joined together in prayer to God so He would reveal this to them.
- Daniel finished telling him exactly what the dream was. Now, he’s going to interpret it for him.
 Daniel 2:37 Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory.
- Daniel starts out the interpretation of the dream by telling the King that he is a king of kings.
- He tells him that GOD OF HEAVEN hath given all of that to him. He didn’t earn it himself.
- GOD GAVE IT TO HIM. Without God backing him, he wouldn’t have any of that.
- Keep in mind as we continue that this is the interpretation of the dream.
 Daniel 2:38-39 And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold. 39 And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth.
- The sections of this great image represent both a king and their kingdom.
- Daniel tells the King that he is the HEAD OF GOLD. This also represents the entire Babylonian kingdom.
- Verse 39 says, “AFTER THEE SHALL RISE ANOTHER KINGDOM.”
The Head Of Gold Is At The Top
- But look, the head of gold is at the top. The next kingdom will be inferior to the Babylonian empire.
- That’s the chest and arms that are made of SILVER.
- The belly and thigh is the THIRD KINGDOM which rules over ALL the earth.
 Daniel 2:40 And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.
- We see all 4 kingdoms in this great image.
- The fourth is iron and a strong kingdom.
- Who are the 4 kingdoms? They are talked about in the Book of Daniel.
- 3 of the 4 kingdoms are given to us by name exactly. So we know 3 of the 4.
- The first kingdom is of course Babylon because Daniel tells the King that you are this head of gold.
- The second kingdom consists of the Medes and Persians. Chapters 7, 8, and 11 talk about them.
- The third kingdom is Grecia. Chapters 7, 8, and 11 talk about this third kingdom in detail.
- The fourth kingdom is not mentioned and it’s a kingdom in the future.
- God doesn’t give us the name of this future kingdom in the Book of Daniel.
- The fourth kingdom is mentioned in the Book of Daniel but not by name.
- This makes this kingdom VERY significant to Bible Prophecy.
- Let’s see how this kingdom is described in Daniel Chapter 9.
 Daniel 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
- At the time the Book of Daniel was written none of this had happened.
- But now, it’s already happened. So we can ask, “Well, who did this in the past?”
- “Who came and destroyed Jerusalem, the city, the temple, and the sanctuary?”
- “Who flooded the area with armies of soldiers and made the area desolate like a flood?”
- The ROMANS did this already in the year 70 AD. They wiped out Jerusalem and the temple.
- Jesus Himself talked about this soon happening and this was their punishment for rejecting Him.
- Right at the beginning of Matthew Chapter 24, you see this:
 Matthew 24:1-2 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple. 2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
- And this is EXACTLY what happened many years later in 70 AD.
- There was not one stone left upon another and everything was destroyed by the ROMANS.
- Not all people believe the FOURTH KINGDOM is Rome, but it’s pretty obvious that it is Rome.
- Why is it easy to prove that the Roman empire is the FOURTH KINGDOM?
- Look at the great image. At the top is Babylon.
Babylon Is At The Top Then The Medes/Persians
Next is the Medes and Persians. They defeated Babylon.
- Below the Medes and Persians is Grecia. They defeated the Medes and Persians.
- The fourth kingdom of Rome defeated the Greeks and took over.
- There is no other that defeated the Romans.
- If it follows the same pattern, this makes perfect sense and it all fits together.
- There’s also more proof that it’s the Romans.
 Daniel 2:40 And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.
- The Romans were known for being as strong as iron.
- They would crush their enemies into pieces and subdue them.
- They were known for being very brutal to their enemies. They would destroy them completely.
There are many false preachers, academics, and scholars who will say the 4th kingdom is Greece.
- We know the 3rd kingdom is Greece so how in the world is the 4th kingdom Greece?
- These are the same people (mostly in the religion of Judaism) who don’t believe the Bible is true.
- They believe much of it is a fairy tale.
- They’ll say that the Book of Daniel was written in the second century BC.
- We have copies of the book of Daniel from at least the second century BC.
- Do you know what their proof is that the FOURTH KINGDOM isn’t Rome?
- They say, “Well, it can’t be Rome because the Roman empire hadn’t taken over yet and they weren’t even known about at that time.”
- In other words, they don’t believe God can tell us about the future before it happens!!!
- Judaism doesn’t even believe in the ONE TRUE GOD.
- Everyone thinks they believe in the Old Testament and especially in the first 5 Books of Moses.
- But guess what Jesus says about the Jews? Listen to this.
 John 5:45-46 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
- Jesus says, “If you actually believed what Moses says, you would believe me.”
- In other words, the religion of Judaism claims to believe what Moses says but Jesus says they don’t.
- If you ask the Jews who practice Judaism about the Books of Moses, they will tell you that they are just stories and they didn’t actually happen.
- So there’s no way they believe the Book of Daniel predicted the Roman empire as the FOURTH KINGDOM.
- They also WILL NOT acknowledge the coming of Jesus Christ during that fourth kingdom reign.
- Do you see why that fourth kingdom is so important? It’s when Jesus Christ came to Earth.
- So, of course, the Jews who HATE Jesus will deny the Roman Empire as the FOURTH KINGDOM.
Judaism Picks And Chooses What They Want The Bible To Say
As you can see, the religion of Judaism does what all the other FALSE RELIGIONS of this world do.
- They pick and choose what they want to make the Bible say.
- They will take any part of the Bible that doesn’t MATCH with their religion and turn it into something else.
- Catholics do the same thing as they are one of the worst.
- For example, they pick and choose the 10 commandments.
 Exodus 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
- They want to just combine the second commandment with the first commandment and act like they aren’t worshipping anything other than God.
- Well, the second commandment is NOT the first commandment.
- In other words, we aren’t supposed to make ANY GRAVEN IMAGE at all in the likeness of ANY THING in heaven, in earth, or beneath the earth. Graven means anything that is made, carved, shaped, formed.
- Do they follow that commandment? Oh no. Not even close. They have statues everywhere.
- They bow down and pray to these statues.
[SLIDES 34, 35, 36]
- They say that these GRAVEN IMAGES aren’t other gods. They always have an excuse.
- But look what the BIBLE SAYS!!! It doesn’t matter what excuse is made.
- The BIBLE SAYS, “You SHALT NOT make unto thee ANY GRAVEN IMAGE!!!” Is that not clear enough?
Yet, we make excuses for the cross. Does the Bible ever say it’s okay to use the cross anywhere?
- You might say, “Well, we aren’t worshipping the cross.”
- And I say, “Well, you put it at the front of the churches. You put at the top of the Church.”
- And God says, “I don’t care. I said DON’T MAKE ANY GRAVEN IMAGE!!!”
- Catholics also take other commandments and change those as well.
- “Thou shalt not covet becomes thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife.”
In other words, they change the word of God into whatever they want it to be.
- And that’s pure evil. There is nothing worse than that. That’s evil.
- And guess what? It’s not just the Catholics. It’s most churches around here.
- “We don’t like the part that says women can’t be deacons so we’re going to change that part.”
- You know what? I feel bad for those people. God will DESTROY them! Don’t be a part of that.
- There are 10 commandments. God made them. There’s not 8 or 9. There’s 10. And His words are clear.
- We don’t compromise here, and we don’t change God’s words.
The religion of Judaism wants to CONFUSE people here in the Book of Daniel by changing God’s words.
- Why? Because the Book of Daniel is absolutely AMAZING!
- Why is it so amazing? Because it FULFILLS the Prophecies in great detail within this book.
“Something Big Is Going To Happen This Year”
I’ve heard so-called false preachers call themselves prophets.
- Do you know what their prophecy for the year happened to be?
- Here it is: “Something big is going to happen this year. Something big.”
- Wow, what a great prophecy false preacher man.
- Does the Book of Daniel give a little more detail than that? Does the entire Bible?
- Oh yes, we get great detail. God doesn’t just say something big is going to happen. Anybody can do that.
- What’s the definition of big? It could be anything that happens. “See, I told you!!! I was right.”
- That’s a joke. These false prophets can’t even get the Gospel of Jesus Christ right.
- Daniel says, “Hey, this is what’s going to happen EXACTLY. This is when the MESSIAH is coming.”
- The Jews won’t accept what Daniel said because they think the Messiah isn’t here yet.
- They say Jesus is a FALSE MESSIAH. That means they have to change the Book of Daniel.
This is 100% TRUTH
- The Messiah came BEFORE their temple was destroyed in 70 AD.
- The Jews split the Medes and the Persians into two kingdoms in this image and say Greece is the fourth.
- “That’s the consensus,” they’ll say. That’s what all these idiot scholars say.
- One so-called SCHOLAR said, “Well, there’s only about 16 verses out of 31,102 verses that condemn homosexuality so it can’t be that important.”
- EVERY WORD is important! That’s the truth.
- So remember, the Jews say the Medes are Kingdom #2 and the Persians are Kingdom #3. Well, let’s see.
 Daniel 5:28 PERES; Thy kingdom is divided, and given to the Medes and Persians.
- When Babylon is defeated, the Kingdom is divided at the same time and given to the MEDES AND THE PERSIANS.
- It doesn’t go to one first and then to the other. It goes to both. And that’s what actually happened.
- The Medes and the Persians ruled at the same time. There are TWO ARMS on the great image.
- In Daniel Chapter 7, it talks about a bear that is raised up to one side.
 Daniel 7:5 And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.
- This is because the PERSIANS were much more powerful than the Medes.
- The bear is raised more on one side because it’s unbalances between those 2 kingdoms.
- In Daniel Chapter 8, this divided kingdom is symbolized by a RAM. And see this:
 Daniel 8:3 Then I lifted up mine eyes, and saw, and, behold, there stood before the river a ram which had two horns: and the two horns were high; but one was higher than the other, and the higher came up last.
- Notice that ONE HORN is higher than the other.
- There’s proof that the Medes and Persians are the SECOND KINGDOM.
- They aren’t split into the second and third part of that image.
- FIRST KINGDOM = BABLYON. SECOND KINGDOM = MEDES AND PERSIANS.
- THIRD KINGDOM = GREECE. FOURTH KINGDOM = ROME.
- And that’s exactly how it happened in history too. It’s that simple.
Dual Fulfillment Bible Prophecy
God’s Bible Prophecies have application for that time and for the future. It’s amazing!
- The prophecy is applied to that time and to a future time. Very important to understand.
- This type of application is found from Genesis to Revelation all throughout the Bible.
- I want to give you an example of Abraham when he offers Isaac on the altar.
- Abraham PROPHESIES when he speaks to Isaac when Isaac asks where’s the LAMB to sacrifice?
- He didn’t understand that he was the sacrifice.
 Genesis 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.
- When we read this verse, we think that Abraham is saying that God will provide the sacrifice at this time.
- Abraham is actually prophesying about the coming of the LORD JESUS CHRIST.
- “God will provide HIMSELF A LAMB.” In other words, God will provide HIMSELF who is the LAMB OF GOD.
- But look, God also provides an immediate fulfillment of that by providing a sacrifice for Abraham.
- Abraham was willing to sacrifice HIS ONLY SON but God stopped him and provided the sacrifice.
- But what did God provide to Abraham at that time? Let’s see. Was it a lamb?
 Genesis 22:13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.
- It wasn’t a lamb. This shows us CLEARLY that this is a DUAL FULFILLMENT PROPHECY.
- There was an immediate application to that time and a future application.
- God made it a RAM so we would notice that it’s not a LAMB like Abraham said. He gave us a clue.
 John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
- We know that Jesus Christ is the LAMB OF GOD. He is the sacrifice for all sins.
- There’s all types of examples from the Bible.
- The Book of Jonah is another example of this type of prophecy.
- There’s immediate fulfillment but there’s also future fulfillment of what Jonah says.
- Jonah talks about descending into hell but he was only in the whale’s belly.
- Jesus HIMSELF talks about this in Matthew Chapter 12.
 Matthew 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
- There are hundreds of examples of this all throughout the Bible.
- Jeremiah Chapter 50 and 51 is a prophecy about the Destruction of Babylon.
- They didn’t believe it because everything was going great for that empire at the time.
- The Medes and the Persians fulfilled that prophecy when they defeated Babylon.
- That prophecy wasn’t fulfilled EXACTLY how it was described in the book of Jeremiah.
- Just like it wasn’t fulfilled exactly in the Book of Genesis with Abraham and Isaac.
There Will Be A Future Fulfillment Of These Prophecies
Jeremiah 50 and 51 will be a FUTURE fulfillment of the destruction of Babylon.
- It’s talked about in the Book of Revelation.
- There’s another BABYLON that will be destroyed in the future and that hasn’t happened yet.
- You can compare Jeremiah 50 and 51 to Revelation 18. You’ll see the relation quickly.
- There was immediate fulfillment with Jeremiah but much of it is pointing to a future fulfillment.
- And guess what? All of that will be fulfilled perfectly in the future. That’s a clue given by God.
- So prophecy throughout the Bible is like this.
- Dual fulfillment is a BASIC of understanding prophecies in the Bible. It’s something we must understand.
Why are we talking about this DUAL FULFILLMENT of Bible Prophecy?
- Because this FOURTH KINGDOM has a dual fulfillment.
- We must understand this to understand the Book of Daniel properly.
- The immediate fulfillment back then was THE ROMAN EMPIRE, the Iron Empire.
- The Romans destroyed everyone else.
- There’s going to be a FUTURE KINGDOM that fulfills this fourth kingdom prophecy perfectly.
- The Book of Revelation shows us that it’s coming.
 Revelation 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
- We see TEN HORNS and we also see this in the Book of Daniel.
- The phrase “TEN HORNS” is in Daniel Chapter 7 THREE times and Revelation 6 times (CH 12, 13, and 17).
- And that’s it. It’s no where else in the Bible. Just Daniel and Revelation.
- The fourth kingdom is Rome in the immediate fulfillment but will be a great one world government in the future prophecy.
- I want to go back to Daniel Chapter 2 and continue in verse 41.
- We’re going to see the FOURTH KINGDOM described in more detail.
- And notice when we read this that there isn’t a FIFTH KINGDOM. There’s FOUR.
- In Daniel Chapter 7, there are 4 beasts that represent the four kingdoms as well. So we know there’s 4.
 Daniel 2:40-42 And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise. 41 And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters’ clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay. 42 And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.
- We see that the legs and the feet make up the fourth and final kingdom.
- The feet and toes are part potters clay and part iron so the kingdom is partly strong and partly broken.
- And notice there are 10 toes, right? We all have 10 toes or supposed to anyway.
- In Revelation, we see 10 horns that represent 10 rulers who are ruling at the same time.
- The clay represents weakness and the iron represents the strength. That’s it.
- Did you know that some false religions take this PART IRON and PART CLAY as some kind of alien?
- Yeah, it’s very weird stuff from some weird mind. But let’s continue.
 Daniel 2:43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.
- We know that iron and clay does not mix.
- We learn that this fourth kingdom will be mixed together biologically.
- BUT they will not cleave one to another. This has happened all throughout history.
- Joseph marries an Egyptian. Judah married a Canaanite. Moses married an Ethiopian woman.
Different Kingdoms Will Come Together
In other words, different kingdoms will come together but they won’t STICK together.
- There are still all different nationalities PHYSICALLY. We’ve been mixing but we’re still distinct.
- There will be more powerful leaders in the kingdom and weaker kingdoms.
- Just like in the United Nations today. There are weaker kingdoms and very strong kingdoms.
- And this is just like if you tried to mix iron and clay together.
 Daniel 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
- We learn a dual fulfillment prophecy of Jesus coming and setting up a kingdom of believers.
- And we also will see God come in Revelation and set up HIS KINGDOM.
- God’s kingdom will NEVER be destroyed. I want to be a part of that kingdom.
- And I am because I believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. And you can be a part of that kingdom the same way.
 Daniel 2:45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.
- The gold kingdom ended because the silver kingdom took over.
- The silver kingdom ended because the bronze kingdom took over.
- The bronze kingdom ended because the iron kingdom took over.
- How does the iron kingdom end? We see it right here.
- This stone that is cut out of the mountain without hands comes and BREAKS it into pieces.
- And not just the fourth kingdom BUT all of it. All kingdoms are wiped out completely by this stone.
What’s this stone that is cut out of the mountains and has no hands?
- We know that this STONE is the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Why? Because this is God’s Kingdom that is being setup and shall stand forever!
- That stone is within the mountain that is God’s Kingdom.
- He comes out of it and destroys the other kingdoms.
 Daniel 7:13-14 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. 14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.
- Jesus Christ comes in the clouds and is given an everlasting kingdom in Daniel Chapter 7.
- We’re 100% sure that this stone that comes out of the mountains is Jesus Christ.
- Do you see the parallels here?
- Jesus comes out of God’s kingdom represented by mountains in Daniel Chapter 2.
- Jesus came during the ROMAN rule of the fourth kingdom.
Jesus Setup A Spiritual Kingdom
- He didn’t come physically and defeat the Romans but He setup a SPIRITUAL KINGDOM.
- Then in Daniel Chapter 7, Jesus comes in the clouds and sets up an eternal kingdom once and for all.
- There’s a first coming of Jesus Christ. That already happened.
- Then there’s going to be a second coming of Jesus Christ. That hasn’t happened yet.
- But this second coming will include a PHYSICAL KINGDOM THIS TIME!!!
- The first coming was to setup a spiritual kingdom that is everlasting and the second coming will be a physical everlasting kingdom.
 Revelation 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
- This fourth kingdom that is coming in the future will be the Anti-Christ, the false prophet, and the miracles and wonders they will do. This is taught to us in Revelation 13 and 17.
- People will be deceived. But we won’t be deceived. This is what should be taught in Churches but isn’t.
- Jesus will come back and DESTROY that powerful fourth kingdom in the future as well. PHYSICALLY!!!
- Jesus comes back and physically defeats their armies.
- Symbolically He defeats everything that represents these worldly kingdoms:
- Babylon, Persia, Greece, and Rome.
For example, Rome was a very nasty and wicked place.
- Our so-called “PROGRESSIVE” country is heading right back to those wicked ways.
- We’re not progressive. We’re getting worse. We’re going back to the ways of these worldly kingdoms.
- We’re headed to a one world government just as the Book of Revelation describes.
- And that one world government won’t be exactly like the Romans, but it will be similar.
- Peace will be taken from the earth! People will be killing each other. It’s not going to be good.
- Violence, war, famine, disease, and death.
- Let’s go back to Daniel Chapter 2 and continue in verse 46.
- Daniel is now finished with his interpretation of the dream.
- Let’s see what happens.
 Daniel 2:46 Then the king Nebuchadnezzar fell upon his face, and worshipped Daniel, and commanded that they should offer an oblation and sweet odours unto him.
- King Nebuchadnezzar is very happy with Daniel.
- This is the great king of this time falling on his face and worshipping Daniel.
- He wants to give Daniel rewards immediately.
 Daniel 2:47 The king answered unto Daniel, and said, Of a truth it is, that your God is a God of gods, and a Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets, seeing thou couldest reveal this secret.
- The king finally realizes that Daniel’s GOD is THE GOD of gods.
- He continues to believe in other gods but he sees that the GOD OF HEAVEN is THE GOD!
- No one else could do this. Only the one true God.
The King Makes Daniel A Great Man
 Daniel 2:48 Then the king made Daniel a great man, and gave him many great gifts, and made him ruler over the whole province of Babylon, and chief of the governors over all the wise men of Babylon.
- Now Daniel becomes a GREAT MAN in the Kingdom of Babylon.
- Even though God’s people had been punished through these other rulers, God raises the ones who continue to obey Him.
- God did this for Daniel. He raised Daniel up because Daniel loved God by following His commandments.
- Daniel becomes ruler over the whole province of Babylon and CHIEF of all the governors.
- He is now over ALL THE WISE men of Babylon.
- And now watch what Daniel does.
 Daniel 2:49 Then Daniel requested of the king, and he set Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, over the affairs of the province of Babylon: but Daniel sat in the gate of the king.
- Daniel doesn’t forget about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.
- He requests that they be setup over the affairs of Babylon as well.
- Daniel stayed there in the GATE OF THE KING as a ruler.
If we want to understand Daniel Chapter 2 much better, we should study two other chapters.
- Revelation Chapter 13
- Revelation Chapter 17
- And we’ll do that as we go through the Book of Revelation verse by verse.