[SLIDE 2] The title of the sermon today is “DANIEL CHAPTER 3.”
Daniel Chapter 2 Through 7 Is Written In Aramaic
- We’ll go through Daniel Chapter 3 today verse by verse.
- And remember what we learned in the Daniel Chapter 2 sermon.
- Daniel Chapter 2 through Daniel Chapter 7 are written in SYRIACK or ARAMAIC.
- Then we see a pattern for Chapters 2 through 7.
- In Chapter 3, today, we’ll see people sentenced to death.
- We’ll see the same thing in Daniel Chapter 6.
2 3 4 5 6 7
A B C C B A
- Chapter 2 is about 4 kingdoms of the Earth being destroyed by GOD’S ETERNAL KINGDOM.
- You’ll see that again in Chapter 7. So keep this pattern in mind as we study through Chapter 7.
[SLIDE 3] Daniel 3:1 Nebuchadnezzar the king made an image of gold, whose height was threescore cubits, and the breadth thereof six cubits: he set it up in the plain of Dura, in the province of Babylon.
- We see King Nebuchadnezzar here in verse 1 making a false image for people to worship.
- So remember the history of the Bible and where we are here in the Book of Daniel.
- After King Solomon, Israel split into the Northern Kingdom and Southern Kingdom.
- The Northern Kingdom is Israel. Southern Kingdom is Judah.
- The Northern Kingdom gets conquered by the Assyrians and becomes Samaritans.
- The Southern Kingdom of Judah is carried away into Babylon. Babylon is a city but also an empire.
- And that’s where we are here in the Book of Daniel. The JEWS from Judah are in Babylon.
Daniel was brought there as a young child there in Chapter 1 of Daniel.
- So now we see King Nebuchadnezzar setting up a false god.
- And remember what we saw in Chapter 2. Daniel had just revealed prophecy to that same king.
- Daniel just told him about the one true God and proved that there is ONLY ONE TRUE GOD.
- At the end of Chapter 2 we see this from King Nebuchadnezzar.
[SLIDE 4] Daniel 2:47 The king answered unto Daniel, and said, Of a truth it is, that your God is a God of gods, and a Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets, seeing thou couldest reveal this secret.
- So he admits that Daniel’s GOD is a GOD of gods.
- But you see that he continues to believe in other false gods too. Same thing with people today.
- They’ll admit that there’s the one true God but they won’t give up all the others.
- Let’s continue in Chapter 3 verse 2.
[SLIDE 5] Daniel 3:2 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king sent to gather together the princes, the governors, and the captains, the judges, the treasurers, the counsellers, the sheriffs, and all the rulers of the provinces, to come to the dedication of the image which Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up.
- This Chapter 3 is a VERY IMPORTANT part of the Bible that we need to understand today.
- This chapter is the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in the FIERY FURNACE.
- Why is this chapter in Daniel so important?
- In Revelation Chapter 13, you’ll see the Anti-Christ with his false prophet.
- They set up an IMAGE or a false god for people to worship.
- And, whoever will not worship that IMAGE, will be killed.
- It is written in Revelation Chapter 13 and that means IT WILL 100% HAPPEN IN THE FUTURE.
- We see the same thing happen in Daniel Chapter 3.
The Worship Of False Gods Is Seen In Daniel 1 Through 6
The first half of Daniel, Chapters 1 through 6, are filled with stories about people worshipping false gods.
- God’s people, within the BOOK OF DANIEL, REFUSE to worship those false gods.
- The Book of Daniel is written to prepare us for the end times.
- If it doesn’t happen during our lifetime, our children and their children need to be PREPARED.
- That’s why we are teaching this today BECAUSE it’s VERY IMPORTANT.
- MEN OF GOD, in Daniel, stand up and would rather BURN to death than give into a false god.
- They didn’t let SATAN force them to do something.
- NEVER let someone FORCE YOU to worship a false god. And don’t do it passively either.
- For example, don’t attend a church that is preaching a false god that doesn’t match this BIBLE.
- GOD ALMIGHTY, the one in this BIBLE, wants you to worship HIM ALONE.
[SLIDE 6] Exodus 34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:
- Jesus repeats the same thing in the NEW TESTAMENT when He says:
- “Thou shalt worship the LORD THY GOD, and HIM ONLY SHALT THOU SERVE!!!”
In Daniel Chapter 3 verse 2, we see that all the princes, governors, captains, judges, treasurers, counsellors, sheriffs, and all the rulers MUST come to the dedication of this FALSE GOD.
- They better make the KING happy because he is their ruler. He is their government.
- Does that sound familiar to you in today’s world?
- If you want to be at this very high level in today’s world, many times, you have to worship SATAN.
- King Nebuchadnezzar wants to make sure everyone with power in his kingdom is worshipping SATAN.
- There are RULERS all over this country and all over this world that are ruled BY SATAN HIMSELF.
- Any you might not believe that today, but I’ll show you some things after you see this verse.
[SLIDE 7] Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
- Notice the RULERS OF DARKNESS of this world. They exist in this world. Open your eyes, and you’ll see.
- Have you ever heard of the Bohemian Grove in California?
- It’s about 2,000 acres where they worship the false God MOLECH.
[SLIDE 8] Leviticus 18:21 And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD.
- If you think this is something small, you should hear about who visits there OFTEN.
- Many Presidents of OUR COUNTRY have visited there before and after their presidency.
- Here are some of the presidents who have been there:
- Ronald Reagan, George Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Barack Obama.
- Leaders from other countries visit there too. Dick Cheney, Newt Gingrich. CIA directors.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, David Rockefeller. They all worship a 40-foot tall OWL.
- They have a MOCK HUMAN being sacrificed during their rituals.
- Men dress up like women. Sometimes they wear all black garments with hoods.
- Here’s a picture from one of their ceremonies:
This place is like a RITE OF PASSAGE for the Presidents of our country.
- This isn’t a joke either. It’s crazy stuff. And it’s real all around us TODAY. It will get worse.
- Do you really think the smartest and best people become the leaders of our country?
- How do you think they get there? They are willing to sell their souls to SATAN.
- That’s what really happens. They worship the devil.
- They constantly go against JESUS, against God. Why do you think the Bible can’t be mentioned in schools?
- This image you see on the screen is similar to the image that Nebuchadnezzar setup.
The Bohemian Grove Is Similar To Daniel Chapter 3
Back to Daniel Chapter 3.
- In verse 1 we see that the image is three score cubits tall. 60 cubits or 90 feet tall.
- But notice how it’s very similar to the Bohemian Grove in California.
- Notice they have their image setup out in the plan of Dura the Bible says.
- So it’s out in the middle of a plain or away from all the people.
- And look who is invited!!! All the elite rulers of BABYLON. It’s exactly like that Bohemian Grove.
- It’s hidden away so they can all worship SATAN and bow down to an idol.
- I just wanted you to see that TODAY. And there’s more examples than just that.
- There’s all types of DEVIL WORSHIPPING going on throughout this country. It would make you sick.
- Let’s continue in verse 3 of Daniel Chapter 3.
[SLIDE 10] Daniel 3:3-5 Then the princes, the governors, and captains, the judges, the treasurers, the counsellers, the sheriffs, and all the rulers of the provinces, were gathered together unto the dedication of the image that Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up; and they stood before the image that Nebuchadnezzar had set up. 4 Then an herald cried aloud, To you it is commanded, O people, nations, and languages, 5 That at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king hath set up:
- Notice what it says there in verse 4: “To you it is commanded O people, nations, languages.”
- So they have all these leaders representing many different people, nations, and languages there.
- In Revelation 13, we see that all people who are REJECTED by God will bow down and worship the false god.
[SLIDE 11] Revelation 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
- This is a very similar picture to the end times prophecy in the Bible.
- I want you to see this comparison between Daniel and Revelation.
- And keep in mind that Revelation and Daniel go hand in hand for end times prophecy.
- Back to Daniel 3 verse 6.
[SLIDE 12] Daniel 3:6 And whoso falleth not down and worshippeth shall the same hour be cast into the midst of a burning fiery furnace.
- In Daniel, if you don’t fall down and worship this false god, you will be thrown into the fiery furnace.
- Remember that SATAN imitates everything God does and DECEIVES people.
- The Book of Daniel and the entire Bible gets us ready for this.
- If you’re constantly in the word of God, you’ll see the deception MUCH faster!!!
- The fiery furnace is Satan’s imitation of God’s Hell.
- The anti-Christ is Satan’s imitation of JESUS CHRIST.
- The false prophet is Satan’s imitation of God’s true prophet.
- The mark of the beast is an imitation of God’s mark on the 144,000 in their foreheads.
- Satan says, “If you don’t worship me, I’ll throw you in my imitation of hell with this fiery furnace.”
[SLIDE 13] Daniel 3:7 Therefore at that time, when all the people heard the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and all kinds of musick, all the people, the nations, and the languages, fell down and worshipped the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up.
- So ALL PEOPLE of all nations and languages fell down and worshipped.
- Was it every single person in Babylon? No, it sure wasn’t everyone of them. It wasn’t 100% of the people.
- But all types of people, nations, and languages were represented.
[SLIDE 14] Daniel 3:8-9 Wherefore at that time certain Chaldeans came near, and accused the Jews. 9 They spake and said to the king Nebuchadnezzar, O king, live for ever.
- The Chaldeans came and accused the Jews. So you have these people coming to suck up to the King.
- “O KING LIVE FOR EVER. The Jews aren’t doing what you said.”
- And notice it calls them JEWS because they came from the Southern Kingdom of JUDAH.
- But let’s see which of the JEWS were being accused. Verse 10.
[SLIDE 15] Daniel 3:10-12 Thou, O king, hast made a decree, that every man that shall hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, shall fall down and worship the golden image: 11 And whoso falleth not down and worshippeth, that he should be cast into the midst of a burning fiery furnace. 12 There are certain Jews whom thou hast set over the affairs of the province of Babylon, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego; these men, O king, have not regarded thee: they serve not thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.
- Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were Daniel’s 3 very good friends.
- Because they helped Daniel in interpreting King Nebuchadnezzar’s dream, he had made them rulers.
- But they aren’t bowing down and worshipping the false god as the king commanded them to do.
- Also notice that Daniel isn’t mentioned here. So was Daniel bowing down to the false god?
- Let me answer that. NO, HE WASN’T. It doesn’t say he wasn’t, but he’s not a part of this chapter here.
Daniel Won’t Bow Down To A False God
DANIEL is rock-solid when it comes to God. Daniel would NEVER bow down to a false god.
- You’ll see that DANIEL is very consistent and served God his entire life.
- Like I’ve said before, I would love to be 1/100 of Daniel in this Bible here.
- And that’s a lesson for all of us in this BOOK OF DANIEL.
- We need to be consistent for life. It’s a MARATHON. It’s not a sprint. It’s a LIFETIME.
- It’s not a firework where you light the wick and then it fizzles out.
- It’s not a HUGE firework that goes off with a bang and then it’s gone.
- IT IS LIKE A RIVER than never dries up. It just keeps on running along and never QUITS. Never stops.
If you come here to this Church, you have NO EXCUSE to not continue coming.
- You’ll learn more in one sermon here than you’ll learn in 10 sermons at most other churches.
- And that’s not praise for us. All we do is study the Bible. Other churches won’t study the Bible.
- So it’s rather easy to learn 10 more times here in one sermon.
- But don’t come here once or twice and then FIZZLE OUT like one of those fireworks.
- Be consistent for a lifetime like DANIEL. That’s what I want to be like.
- Serve God this year, next year, 5 years, 10 years, 20 years, 50 years from now.
So, where was Daniel why all the leaders were out worshipping the FALSE GOD?
- The most likely explanation is he was VERY HIGH in the kingdom:
- So he was most likely left to run things while the others left to go out to this dedication of a false image.
- Some of the rulers had to be left in place to continue running the large kingdom of Babylon.
- So now it’s time for SHADRACH, MESHACH, and ABEDNEGO to stand up on their own without DANIEL.
- You can say DANIEL prepared them to stand up on their own.
- Same thing with all of us. WE WILL PREPARE TO STAND UP AGAINST FALSE GODS.
- If your husband or wife isn’t with you, will you stand up on your own?
- If your dad or mom isn’t with you, will you stand up on your own?
We MUST prepare each other, our children, and everyone we can through the BIBLE.
- Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego were prepared. They KNEW GOD on their own without DANIEL.
- In other words, get to know GOD yourself without someone else doing everything for you.
- That’s what we’re learning here. CHILDREN growing up in CHURCH need to do the same.
- Don’t rely on your parents to do everything for you. STAND UP and take responsibility.
- This is what Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego did right here in Daniel Chapter 3.
- If those children don’t stand up on their own, then when they leave the home, what’s going to happen?
- They won’t stand on their OWN IN FAITH. Children, don’t depend on your parents for everything.
- There’s a point in your life where you need to read your Bibles on your own. See what God teaches you.
- If you can understand what I’m saying right now, then you’re old enough to SEEK GOD.
[SLIDE 16] 2 Chronicles 12:14 And he did evil, because he prepared not his heart to seek the LORD.
[SLIDE 17] Deuteronomy 4:29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.
- God commands us to SEEK HIM all throughout the Bible.
- How do you seek after God? Being here is a great step in that.
- But more importantly, read the Bible on your own. Pray on your own all throughout the day.
- Do your best to learn exactly what God wants from you by STUDYING HIS WORD.
- And that’s what we’re doing right now.
Read The Bible Because You Want To Seek God
Read the Bible AND NOT because someone is making you do it.
- You should want to read it and study it so you learn more about GOD who gave you life.
- You should want to make Him happy. If you don’t know how to make God happy, you do now.
- Reading and studying your Bible will ALWAYS make God happy.
- Back to Daniel Chapter 3 verse 13.
[SLIDE 18] Daniel 3:13-14 Then Nebuchadnezzar in his rage and fury commanded to bring Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego. Then they brought these men before the king. 14 Nebuchadnezzar spake and said unto them, Is it true, O Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, do not ye serve my gods, nor worship the golden image which I have set up?
- The king questions Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in HIS FURY AND RAGE.
- He continues to blabber on questioning these 3 MEN OF GOD.
- Let’s see what happens. Verse 15.
[SLIDE 19] Daniel 3:15 Now if ye be ready that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the image which I have made; well: but if ye worship not, ye shall be cast the same hour into the midst of a burning fiery furnace; and who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands?
- So he tells them: “NOW IF YE BE READY.” He’s giving them a second chance. “NOW DO IT,” he says.
- And if not, “I’ll throw you into the fiery furnace.”
- And then he says, “What God is going to deliver you out of my hands???”
- You can see where he’s angry. He mocks their God, the one true God.
- “Whose your God???” he asks. “Bow down and worship my false god and everything will be okay.”
- He’s saying, “Hey, it’s simple. All you have to do is bow down to Satan and everything will be fine.”
- And that’s what the world does to us today. “Hey, it’s just a beer. It will be okay. It’s fun. You’ll love it.”
“Hey, we’re just saying that you MUST have a relationship with Jesus to make it to heaven. That’s all.”
- “We’re Baptist. It’s okay.” That’s a FALSE GOSPEL. It’s not okay. You’re sending people to hell.
- Other churches will say that you MUST obey God the rest of your life to be saved. “You must be baptized.”
- That’s a false GOSPEL. It’s not okay. That’s a WORKS BASED SALVATION.
- All the churches around here want to be accepted no matter what. “We believe in Jesus,” they say.
- When it comes down to the truth, they don’t believe in Jesus.
- They won’t believe what HE SAYS in the Bible. FALSE PREACHING IS NOT OKAY. Don’t accept LIES.
- Don’t let them talk you into something that’s a lie. That’s what King Nebuchadnezzar is doing right there.
- But watch what Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego say right here.
- EVERYONE IN THIS COUNTRY TODAY needs to take note of their response.
[SLIDE 20] Daniel 3:16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.
- That right there is one of my FAVORITE VERSES in all the Bible.
- They aren’t trying to be politically correct. They aren’t trying to choose their words carefully.
- When it comes to worshipping a false god, there is NO COMPROMISE AT ALL. Understand that today.
- “WE ARE NOT CAREFUL TO ANSWER THEE IN THIS MATTER.”
- For other things, they would be more careful to answer. BUT NOT when it comes to this.
- And that’s EXACTLY how we need to be in this world today.
- We can be more careful on other subjects BUT NOT on worshipping a FALSE GOD.
- They were more careful in Daniel Chapter 1 with the food and drink from the King.
- They requested that they not eat it and was allowed. They didn’t DEMAND IT. They were careful.
- It wasn’t a good thing, but WORSHIPPING A FALSE GOD is NUMBER ONE “I WILL NOT.”
“Why Don’t You Want To Drink Alcohol?”
In other words, the world doesn’t understand why you don’t want to drink alcohol.
- So you wouldn’t YELL AND SCREAM at someone who offers you alcohol because they don’t understand.
- You would try to explain to them from the Bible why you don’t drink alcohol.
- Or, you would explain why you don’t want to listen to RAP music. Or false Christian music.
- Or, you would explain why you don’t wear short shorts and expose your nakedness as defined by GOD in the Bible.
- You wouldn’t rip their heads off because they don’t understand the Bible. You would be kind.
You would explain it to them. You would make a request that they listen and understand.
- BUT NOT WITH WORSHIPPING A FALSE GOD. That’s clearly wicked. Same thing with MURDER.
- In other words, you shouldn’t be careful when it comes to that.
- CLEAR WICKEDNESS doesn’t receive a careful answer.
- ABORTION is murder. We’re not careful to answer that. We straight up say “THAT’S MURDER. PERIOD.”
- Stand up and say NO when you need to stand up and say NO.
- And watch what they say next in verse 17.
[SLIDE 21] Daniel 3:17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
- “IF IT BE SO, OUR GOD IS ABLE TO DELIVER US.”
- They bring this up because King Nebuchadnezzar brought it up. “Who is YOUR GOD???” he asked them.
- They didn’t know FOR SURE that God would save them. They said, “IF IT BE SO.”
- And you won’t know if God will save you in any specific situation either.
- But it doesn’t matter. YOU NEVER COMPROMISE in a situation like this. EVER. You’re saved.
- No matter what happens CHOOSE GOD always. End of discussion. GOD ALONE ALWAYS.
- Understand that your life here might be over BUT it’s not over. BE READY TO GIVE YOUR LIFE for God.
- Let’s continue in verse 18. This is another great verse.
[SLIDE 22] Daniel 3:18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.
- This king is mad because he can’t make them do what he wants them to do.
- That’s why God’s design is perfect and amazing. He made it where you have a choice.
- Some people make the excuse: “Well, I didn’t have a choice. I had to do it.”
- No, you didn’t. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego didn’t do it and then made an excuse.
- They said, “If God doesn’t deliver us from this fiery furnace, UNDERSTAND that we will NOT worship a golden image.” WE WILL NOT DO IT.
- You see: they knew the Book of Exodus that was handed down to them.
- They saw the words in the Bible just like you do today.
[SLIDE 23] Exodus 34:17 Thou shalt make thee no molten gods.
- That’s a pretty easy verse to understand. “THOU SHALT NOT MAKE THEE NO MOLTEN GODS.”
- “For thou shalt worship no other God!!!” God tells us that over and over in the Bible.
- So, will you do it when it comes to life or death? HE SAID DON’T DO IT.
- Did He say it’s okay to do it if someone threatens your life? Sure didn’t.
Will You Die For God?
Will you be willing to die for GOD ALMIGHTY?
- Let me tell you this today. If you choose God, MOST OF THE TIME, He will DELIVER YOU.
- If you stand up for Him the right way, He will take care of you.
- You might have to go through some tribulation, but in the end, He’ll raise you up. Don’t compromise.
- Don’t be afraid of a little persecution or tribulation FOR GOD. He sure wasn’t.
- HE DIED SO YOU COULD HAVE LIFE EVERLASTING. He wasn’t scared. He didn’t run away.
Most of the time people are scared to stand up for God because of something that might happen.
- Hey, do what God says and let the pieces fall where they fall.
- You might think you’re going to be killed but God might deliver you.
- In the end, God says people will be cast into prison. People will be killed for HIS NAME.
- It’s not everyone. Most people will be delivered out of the persecution and affliction in this life.
[SLIDE 24] 2 Timothy 3:11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
- You MUST be willing to die for God. It’s that simple. NEVER COMPROMISE.
- Do you believe YOU HAVE eternal life or not?
- If you do, then what’s it matter if they take your life on this Earth?
- Don’t be scared of anyone or anything. God will take care of you. He will bless you.
Think of the rewards in heaven for dying for the CAUSE OF JESUS CHRIST.
- Count yourself as one who God truly loves if you get to stand up for HIM like that.
- LAY DOWN YOUR LIFE for God because HE LAID DOWN HIS LIFE FOR YOU.
- Just remember this: MAN doesn’t decide what happens. GOD DECIDES. Understand that today.
- God can make anything happen and stop anything from happening. HE IS GOD.
- Back to Daniel Chapter 3. So they just told the king that they won’t worship his god. Verse 19.
[SLIDE 25] Daniel 3:19 Then was Nebuchadnezzar full of fury, and the form of his visage was changed against Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego: therefore he spake, and commanded that they should heat the furnace one seven times more than it was wont to be heated.
- When they rejected his false god, then the king got really angry. He was furious.
- He said, “That’s fine. HEAT UP THE FURNACE SEVEN TIMES more than it should be heated.”
- So the temperature in that furnace just shows HOW ANGRY he was. His temper was flaming up.
- Watch what happens next in verse 20.
[SLIDE 26] Daniel 3:20 And he commanded the most mighty men that were in his army to bind Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, and to cast them into the burning fiery furnace.
- He sends the MIGHTIEST MEN he has and they bind the three.
- They prepare to CAST them into the FIERY FURNACE.
[SLIDE 27] Daniel 3:21 Then these men were bound in their coats, their hosen, and their hats, and their other garments, and were cast into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.
- They were bound in their clothing and cast into the MIDST of the burning fiery furnace.
- So they were quickly taken and thrown into there. They didn’t change clothes or anything.
[SLIDE 28] Daniel 3:22 Therefore because the king’s commandment was urgent, and the furnace exceeding hot, the flame of the fire slew those men that took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego.
- The kings command to throw them in there was RUSHED AND URGENT.
- “Hey, throw them in there right now!!!”
- And what happened? THE MIGHTIEST MEN of Babylon were killed by the flames.
- Can you imagine that fiery furnace with flames coming out?
- They couldn’t even get close to the fire. It was so hot it killed them immediately.
- And those were the MIGHTIEST MEN. No match for fire.
Their Clothing Didn’t Even Catch Fire
So King Nebuchadnezzar lost his mightiest men that day.
- But Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego had clothing on that didn’t even catch fire.
- COATS, PANTS, HATS and never caught fire.
- With a fire that hot, their would have immediately burst into flames.
- This shows 100% for sure that this was a miracle from God.
- This wasn’t some little fire that they were able to walk around in. Some people explain it that way.
- So you have these so-called BIBLE EXPERTS that try to explain away every miracle in the Bible.
[SLIDE 29] Daniel 3:23 And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.
- So they were thrown into this exceeding hot FIERY FURNACE and fell down.
- They were bound up. They didn’t somehow escape from the fire. They were IN THE FURNACE.
[SLIDE 30] Daniel 3:24-25 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellers, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king. 25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.
- The king was astonished at what happened.
- But it wasn’t just because they were alive and walking around in the fire.
- They were now loose and walking around with a FOURTH MAN in the fire.
- There wasn’t just 3 men any more. There are now FOUR MEN there.
- And none of them are hurt. The fourth man has the form of the SON OF GOD.
- The phrase SON OF GOD is found 46 times in the NEW TESTAMENT.
- This is the ONLY OCCURRENCE of the phrase “SON OF GOD” in the OLD TESTAMENT.
And here’s a reason why we use only the KING JAMES BIBLE here in this Church.
- We use it because it is the perfectly inspired WORD OF GOD. There are no errors in the WORD OF GOD.
- And remember, we’re in the OLD TESTAMENT. This part of Daniel is written in SYRIACK or ARAMAIC.
- But watch what the others Bibles say.
In all the corrupted Bibles, it changes the words to “LIKE A SON OF THE GODS.”
- In the King James Bible, it says “THE FOURTH IS LIKE THE SON OF GOD.”
- The New King James actually agrees with the King James Bible in this verse.
- This surprised me because the NEW KING JAMES usually agrees with the other corrupted versions.
The Book Of Daniel Shows The Son Of God Saving His People
Why is this important that the Book of Daniel tells us about the SON OF GOD?
- The modern versions attack the DEITY OF JESUS CHRIST.
- When this happens, you get false religions and false beliefs.
- It’s impossible to not go the wrong direction when using the corrupted bible versions.
- They change the word of God. They attack JESUS CHRIST all throughout those Bibles.
- There are hundreds of attacks on Jesus and Daniel 3:25 is just one of those.
This is important because some false religions like ONENESS PENTACOSTALS believe the SON OF GOD didn’t exist in the OLD TESTAMENT.
- They say that only God the Father existed in the Old Testament in that MODE.
- And they might use the King James Bible but they say it’s not perfect so they change what they want.
- The correct words are in the KING JAMES BIBLE. It’s consistent within its own pages.
- Let’s keep going for now but I’ll come back to that in just a minute.
[SLIDE 34] Daniel 3:26 Then Nebuchadnezzar came near to the mouth of the burning fiery furnace, and spake, and said, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, ye servants of the most high God, come forth, and come hither. Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, came forth of the midst of the fire.
- King Nebuchadnezzar, once again, acknowledges GOD ALMIGHTY.
- In Daniel Chapter 2, the king learns all about the ONE TRUE GOD. He acknowledges HIM then.
- Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego are made rulers in the kingdom because of GOD.
- Remember, the other bible versions change it to read: “the sons of the gods.”
- They do that because they don’t think King Nebuchadnezzar believes in the one true GOD.
- But He’s already declared HIM in the previous Chapter and he does it again here.
- And Daniel has already told him all about the ONE TRUE GOD.
- So the king tells them to come out of the fire. And they step out of the fire.
[SLIDE 35] Daniel 3:27 And the princes, governors, and captains, and the king’s counsellers, being gathered together, saw these men, upon whose bodies the fire had no power, nor was an hair of their head singed, neither were their coats changed, nor the smell of fire had passed on them.
- The fire in that furnace HAD NO POWER over them at all.
- Their coats were in the exact same condition. They didn’t even have a smoky smell on them.
- I can’t even start a fire in the fireplace or fire pit without getting that smoky smell.
- They went into a HOT FURNACE and didn’t even smell like fire.
- And guess what’s great about this? EVERYBODY SAW IT.
But I want to make the MOST important point of all today about Daniel Chapter 3.
- The story of the fiery furnace is a PICTURE OF SALVATION.
- If you want to be saved today and you’ve never trusted on the LORD JESUS CHRIST, listen to this.
- You need to be SAVED from HELL. And hell is much like that fiery furnace BUT much worse.
- You haven’t broken King Nebuchadnezzar’s commandment BUT you have broken God’s.
- I’ve broken them. You’ve broken them. We’ve all broken God’s laws. And we do it daily.
[SLIDE 36] Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
- Since we break God’s law, there is a penalty. That penalty is death and hell.
- We all deserve to go to hell. That’s what the Bible teaches us throughout.
- Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego went to the FIERY FURNACE which is an imitation of hell.
- And how were they saved? By the SON OF GOD.
- Jesus Christ came down from heaven and saved the flesh of those 3 men that day.
- That’s a picture of SALVATION. And what did Jesus Christ do for you?
- He came down from heaven, and He went to hell for you to save you.
- Do you see the comparison? Do you see why it’s important to not change the word of God?
- The other corruptions take out the words SON OF GOD from that verse.
You’re only saved through the SON OF GOD.
- You can’t save yourself in any way.
- No matter what you do, you can’t save yourself.
- You can’t save yourself from hell by repenting of your sin and being baptized.
- It’s not ANY of your works that save you. Those are great things to do but they don’t save you.
- JESUS ALONE SAVES YOU. It’s HIS SACRIFICE that saves you. TRUST IN HIS WORK, IN HIS SACRIFICE.
- Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego didn’t save themselves that day.
- Do you think they did that themselves?
- Do you think there’s any person in heaven today that saved themselves?
Every Saved Person Is An Amazing Story
You might think the story of the FIERY FURNACE is absolutely amazing.
- But, let me tell you what’s more amazing than that.
- Every person in heaven right now is a more amazing story than that.
- One day when I’m there in heaven that will be a greater MIRACLE than that fiery furnace.
- Because I know I don’t deserve heaven. I’ve sinned against God all my life.
- But I trust in Jesus Christ ALONE to save me. I know my works will never get me into heaven.
ANY HUMAN MAKING IT TO HEAVEN is a miracle because we’re all sinners.
- But we follow God’s plan of salvation that says to BELIEVE ON JESUS and you’re saved.
- So we put all of our trust and confidence on HIM as our Savior.
- It’s not on US at all. It’s all on HIM. It’s not MY baptism, it’s not MY BIBLE READING, it’s not MY REPENTING OF SIN, it’s not MY PRAYER, it’s not MY CHURCH ATTENDANCE.
- Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were saved by the SON OF GOD through FAITH.
- They didn’t save themselves. They did what God asked and trusted in HIM. That’s it.
- They didn’t work for it. They were thrown in the fire. Jesus saved them. That’s it. He did it all.
In order to save you, Jesus had to take ALL YOUR SIN to hell with His SOUL.
- That means all your sins: past, present, and future were already paid for BY JESUS.
- He paid for them already. When a soul has sin, it goes to hell.
- The soul of Jesus took all your sins and HIS SOUL WENT TO HELL FOR YOU.
- Some people tell me that the soul of Jesus didn’t go to hell.
- And that’s pretty much EVERY CHURCH around here that tells me that. But I trust the Bible.
- The soul of Jesus went to hell. HE TOOK YOUR SINS TO HELL.
- The body of Jesus went to the grave. The Spirit of Jesus went to the Father. The Soul of Jesus went to hell.
[SLIDE 37] Acts 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
- That verse right there says that the soul of Jesus was not left in hell.
- So did the soul of Jesus go to hell? Sure it did because that’s what the Bible says.
[SLIDE 38] Psalm 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
- THE HOLY ONE in that verse is obviously JESUS CHRIST.
- The Book of Acts quotes King David in the Book of Psalms when he prophesies about Jesus Christ.
[SLIDE 39] Matthew 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
- Hell is in the HEART of the Earth. That’s way down there my friend. That’s where the soul of Jesus went.
- The body being buried in a tomb is not the heart of the earth.
- That verse right there is talking about the SOUL OF JESUS going to hell and burning for you.
- Understand today what HE DID FOR YOU. He took all of your sin to hell.
Jesus Died For You And Took Your Sin To Hell
And He took the worst of what you’ve done onto HIS PERFECT SOUL.
- Think of taking the sickest sins of this world onto YOUR soul. That would be painful.
- Think of taking a murderers sins onto yourself. That’s painful, and you’re not even perfect.
- Jesus is perfect, and He took all of those sick and nasty sins of the entire world. That’s painful.
- His soul was a burnt offering for all of our sin. God the Father didn’t leave the soul of Jesus in hell.
- That’s the good news today. HE RAISED JESUS FROM THE DEAD three days later. He is victorious today.
- He is sitting on the right hand of God the Father today VICTORIOUS!!!
[SLIDE 40] Colossians 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
- And do you want to know the sad part?
- There’s people out there that HE paid for all their sins, and they won’t accept what He did for them.
- Instead of being like that, accept it RIGHT NOW if you haven’t before.
- And then what do you do? SEEK THOSE THINGS WHICH ARE ABOVE!!!
- Be baptized once you’re saved. Read the Bible. OBEY GOD. Repent of your sin. Stay in fellowship with God. Go Soul Winning with us. Win souls to Christ. Seek the things which are above.
- So look, don’t use a corrupted version.
- Daniel 3:25 is enough for me to see the attack on Jesus Christ and the GOSPEL that saves people.
- Get rid of that trash today and use the King James Bible. Understand it is the perfect word of God.
- Let’s go back to Daniel Chapter 3 verse 28.
[SLIDE 41] Daniel 3:28 Then Nebuchadnezzar spake, and said, Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, who hath sent his angel, and delivered his servants that trusted in him, and have changed the king’s word, and yielded their bodies, that they might not serve nor worship any god, except their own God.
- And then we see that King Nebuchadnezzar blesses and praises the ONE TRUE GOD.
- He saw a miracle and believed what he saw.
- He says: “God has sent his angel and delivered HIS SERVANTS that TRUSTED IN HIM.”
- Notice the part that says “HE DELIVERED HIS SERVANTS THAT TRUSTED IN HIM.”
- That’s how you’re saved today. Put your trust in Him and you’re saved. Past tense. Done. Finished.
- The king says you changed my word and gave up your bodies for GOD.
- So look, give up your fleshly body today and serve God.
For example, give up all your worldly desires and SEEK GOD ABOVE.
- The things of this world will pass away but HEAVEN will NEVER pass away.
- That’s what you want to go after. You might not see it now, but trust what God says.
- When you seek after Him and obey Him, you’re being GIFTED things of ETERNAL SIGNIFICANCE.
- These are things that will last eternally.
- It’s not money that will burn up. It’s not a nice new home that rots away.
- It’s not a new car that eventually turns into a bucket of rust.
- None of that stuff matters. What matter is YOUR SOUL and where you’re going when you die.
- Don’t be afraid to give up your life here for GOD. Do it. Best thing you’ll ever do.
- Let’s finish this Chapter up with verse 29 and 30.
[SLIDE 42] Daniel 3:29 Therefore I make a decree, That every people, nation, and language, which speak any thing amiss against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, shall be cut in pieces, and their houses shall be made a dunghill: because there is no other God that can deliver after this sort.
- Do you see what happens right there?
- The King sends out an ORDER saying that NO ONE should speak against GOD ALMIGHTY.
- WOW!!! Understand today how amazing that is.
- And if they did, they shall be CUT IN PIECES and all their houses shall be made into a DUNG HILL.
- And when the King sent out a decree, it would happen. The threats were taken seriously.
- He realized that GOD ALMIGHTY IS THERE. He’s real my friends. That’s what the king is saying right there.
Don’t Speak Anything Against The Lord God Almighty
Could you imagine if our President put out a law like that for GOD ALMIGHTY?
- Wow, I would love it. The Bible could be put back in the world today.
- The word of God would spread faster than ever.
- And that’s what the King of Babylon ORDERED right there that day because of that miracle.
- People were able to HEAR about the one true God all because Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego stood up for God. People were saved from hell because they stood up for God.
- And I guarantee when you stand up for God that people will get saved too.
- Someone will be watching and someone will be listening. Stand up for God today and the rest of your life.
[SLIDE 43] Daniel 3:30 Then the king promoted Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, in the province of Babylon.
- So, instead of dying that day GOD SAVED those 3 men because they trusted in Him.
- You might not have to die or you might not be thrown into a fiery furnace because you stand up for God.
- But guess what? YOU NEED TO BE WILLING TO DIE for God.
- And then you will stand up for Him. If you’re not willing to die for Him, you won’t stand up for Him.
- If you’re not willing to lose everything you have for HIM, you won’t stand up for Him.
Notice what I said. Losing your life for Him is losing everything you have here on this Earth.
- If you were going to be put to death, you would lose everything you have right now.
- That’s husband, wife, children, family, friends, pets, job, home, cars, bank account, everything.
- If you aren’t willing to DIE, then you won’t stand up for God.
- Let’s change our mindsets today and understand that God will take care of us.
- WE MUST BE WILLING TO GIVE OUR LIFE FOR HIM. He was willing to die for us first.
- Now it’s our turn to stand up for Him. No compromise. Let’s do what He says.