The title of the sermon today is “Does God Hate?”
“God Hates The Sin But Not The Sinner”
- You’ll hear so-called “Christians” all over this world say: “God hates the sin but not the sinner.”
- Is that a true statement? They’ll say, “God doesn’t hate anyone.”
- Has any of those people spewing that out of their mouth actually checked to see what God says?
- Think about that. You’re going to tell people what God hates and what He doesn’t hate.
- But you didn’t even check to see if it’s true???
- Do you think God is happy when we tell people something about God that isn’t true?
- How do you find out the truth? You go to the Scriptures.
 Matthew 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
- I don’t want to be one of the people spreading lies about God Almighty.
- How can you be sure you’re not telling lies about God? You go to the Scriptures.
- Jesus says this over and over again in the Gospels:
- “Did ye never read in the Scriptures? Have ye not read this Scripture?”
- “You err because you don’t know the Scriptures. Hath not the Scripture said?”
“The Scripture cannot be broken. The Scripture must be fulfilled. For what saith the Scripture?”
- “For the Scripture saith. Wot ye not what the Scripture saith? By the Scriptures. By the Scriptures.”
- “This happened according to the Scriptures. The Scripture hath concluded. For the Scripture saith.”
- All Scripture is given by inspiration of God. That means it’s perfect without error.
- “Do ye think that the Scripture saith in vain?” Jesus says 7 times in the Gospels:
- 1) Have ye not read? 2) Have ye not read? 3) Have ye not read? 4) Have ye not read?
- 5) Have ye not read? 6) Have ye not read? 7) Have ye not read?
 John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
- Search the Scriptures for all the answers. Don’t just accept what some lying mouth is spewing out.
- Does God hate the sin and love the sinner? Does God not hate anything or anyone?
- If God hates, what does He hate? Does God love you know matter what you do?
- Does God love everyone all the time? How do we know the answers?
If you actually care what God thinks, then you’ll do what Jesus says right there.
- “SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES. They are they which testify of me.” Do you care what God actually says?
- Do you actually want to know the truth? Or do you just want to sound smart?
- “Love the sinner. Hate the sin. Love the sinner. Hate the sin. It’s okay to sin. God loves you.”
- Now you have false preachers taking it even further. Now they say: “Love the sinner and love the sin.”
- They’re sick, wicked, and depraved.
Am I sinner? Yes I am. Does God love me? Yes He does.
- Why does He love me? Is it because I am a good person? No, because I’m not a good person.
- Why am I not a good person? Because I have this fleshly body that loves to sin.
- Does He get mad at me when I sin? Oh yes He does. Does He punish me? Oh yes He does.
- Why does He love me then? Because I’ve believed on the Lord Jesus Christ to save me. That’s it.
- The only reason God loves me is because I fulfilled His commandment to believe on Him to save me.
- And He loves me. I’ll never lose that love even when I sin. But God is not happy when I sin.
Does God love everyone all the time? No, He doesn’t. Does He love people who aren’t saved?
- Yes He does. He’s calling those people to Him. Some accept and will never lose God’s love.
- Some reject God over and over again and then God rejects them. He gives them plenty of chances.
- Someone who continuously rejects God is an evil and wicked person.
- Does God love the wicked and evil person? No, He doesn’t.
- Does God reject people and throw them into hell when they die? Yes He does.
- Is throwing someone into hell an act of love towards that person? No it isn’t.
- Is throwing someone into hell an act of love towards God’s people? Yes it is.
God Hates Sin And Sinners Too
So, everything I just said is backed up with Scripture. And I’m going to prove that to you today.
- After the sermon today, please tell me if God hates the sin and loves the sinner.
- Tell me if God loves everyone no matter what. Tell me if God hates sin.
- Tell me if God hates people. You can tell me based on the Scriptures.
- I don’t want to hear what you think. You don’t want to hear what I think.
- We want to hear what God thinks by using THE SCRIPTURES. The truth is in the Scriptures.
 John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
- That’s Jesus Christ speaking right there. THY WORD IS TRUTH. Let’s find the truth today.
- Does God hate? Let’s start out and see if God hates people directly.
- The worldly churches today will tell you that God doesn’t hate anyone.
- Let’s see what God says about what and who He hates. He’s the one speaking in the Scriptures.
 Leviticus 20:23 And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them.
- God is speaking right there. The nations were cast out from God. Why? They committed abominations.
- God says because they committed abominations He abhorred them. What is the definition of ABHORRED?
- God extremely HATED those nations. Why? What did they do?
- Before we see what they did, I want to mention that a nation is a lot of people.
- That means God greatly hated a lot of people. Let’s see what they did in Leviticus Chapter 19 and 20.
 Leviticus 19:4 Turn ye not unto idols, nor make to yourselves molten gods: I am the LORD your God.
 Leviticus 19:11 Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another.
 Leviticus 19:12 And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD.
 Leviticus 19:13 Thou shalt not defraud thy neighbour, neither rob him: the wages of him that is hired shall not abide with thee all night until the morning.
- No one does that in our country, right? Steal, deceive, and lies? No way.
- Profane the name of the Lord? No way, right? Telling lies about what God says?
- That’s why I wrote this sermon. Defraud your neighbor? Rob your neighbor?
- I’m skipping over a lot in Leviticus Chapter 20 for sakes of time.
 Leviticus 19:28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
 Leviticus 19:31 Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.
- Now remember: God said he HATED the nations that did these things.
- What else did those nations do? They went after false gods. Watch this.
God Hates When People Worship False Gods
 Leviticus 20:1-2 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 2 Again, thou shalt say to the children of Israel, Whosoever he be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel, that giveth any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones.
 Leviticus 20:3-4 And I will set my face against that man, and will cut him off from among his people; because he hath given of his seed unto Molech, to defile my sanctuary, and to profane my holy name. 4 And if the people of the land do any ways hide their eyes from the man, when he giveth of his seed unto Molech, and kill him not:
 Leviticus 20:5 Then I will set my face against that man, and against his family, and will cut him off, and all that go a whoring after him, to commit whoredom with Molech, from among their people.
 Leviticus 20:6 And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.
- Worshipping false gods and turning to witches and wizards. GOD WILL HATE YOU IF YOU DO THAT.
- And it’s not just a little hate. It’s an extreme hate. You don’t want that from God.
- What else did they do?
 Leviticus 20:9 For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.
 Leviticus 20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man’s wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.
 Leviticus 20:11 And the man that lieth with his father’s wife hath uncovered his father’s nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
 Leviticus 20:12 And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them.
- Cursing your parents are following the Lord. Adultery. Fornication. Incest. Sickness.
 Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
 Leviticus 20:14 And if a man take a wife and her mother, it is wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they; that there be no wickedness among you.
 Leviticus 20:15 And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast.
 Leviticus 20:16 And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
- I think you get the picture. Sodomites and lying with animals is an abomination.
- God greatly HATES these things.
- For some reason, people who say they represent God are happy to support these things.
- NEWS FLASH: Those people aren’t for God, and they don’t represent God.
- All of that Scripture leads up to this verse that we already read, but we’ll read it again.
 Leviticus 20:23 And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them.
- What are we doing as a nation? Yes, we’re doing all of those things and worse.
- God greatly HATES our nation. Take a look at it. He will not protect our nation.
- Well, let’s go find a nation that loves God then. DOESN’T EXIST. Take a look.
- Even His so-called churches aren’t His churches. They blasphemy the name of God constantly.
- So, we just saw that God hates nations that do these things. The people are those nations.
- So, does God hate people? One Scripture should be enough but let’s keep going.
 Leviticus 26:27-29 And if ye will not for all this hearken unto me, but walk contrary unto me; 28 Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins. 29 And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.
 Leviticus 26:30 And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you.
- God says, “AND MY SOUL SHALL ABHOR YOU.” That means He will greatly hate you if you do those things.
- Are people ignoring God today and doing whatever they want? Yes they are.
- “Oh, well this doesn’t matter because this is Leviticus. Nobody reads that. It doesn’t count.”
- “God wasn’t talking to us. We’re not in that dispensation. We’re exempt because we’re under grace.”
- “We can go do whatever we want.”
 Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
- Oh, look, that’s the New Testament AND it’s the Apostle Paul, the apostle to this so-called dispensation.
- Paul says we don’t get rid of the law through faith. WE ESTABLISH THE LAW THROUGH FAITH.
- Those sick and nasty things we just read about in Leviticus??? Those are still sick and nasty things.
- God still HATES those things. God will still HATE people and the nation who do those things.
- You establish these laws by believing what God says.
- If you believe God hates those things, and you fear Him, then you won’t want to do those things.
- God clearly says in the Bible, “MY SOUL SHALL ABHOR YOU.”
Rebel Against The Lord And He Will Destroy You
 Deuteronomy 9:24-25 Ye have been rebellious against the LORD from the day that I knew you. 25 Thus I fell down before the LORD forty days and forty nights, as I fell down at the first; because the LORD had said he would destroy you.
 Deuteronomy 9:26-27 I prayed therefore unto the LORD, and said, O Lord GOD, destroy not thy people and thine inheritance, which thou hast redeemed through thy greatness, which thou hast brought forth out of Egypt with a mighty hand. 27 Remember thy servants, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; look not unto the stubbornness of this people, nor to their wickedness, nor to their sin:
 Deuteronomy 9:28 Lest the land whence thou broughtest us out say, Because the LORD was not able to bring them into the land which he promised them, and because he hated them, he hath brought them out to slay them in the wilderness.
- You can tell me “what saith the Scripture?” Does it say, “BECAUSE HE HATED THEM?”
- Yes it does. Does it say, “He hath brought them out to slay them in the wilderness?” Yes it does.
 Deuteronomy 12:31 Thou shalt not do so unto the LORD thy God: for every abomination to the LORD, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods.
- For every abomination to the Lord, which He hateth. What does God hate? ABOMINATIONS.
- What are some abominations in the Bible? False gods. What else?
 Leviticus 18:22-23 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. 23 Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.
 Leviticus 18:24-25 Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you: 25 And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants.
 Leviticus 18:26-27 Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you: 27 (For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled;)
- Do you think our land today is defiled? It’s greatly defiled. I don’t need to give you examples.
- It’s everywhere. Turn on the TV. Go to the doctor’s office and see their TV. Go to the grocery.
- Go out to eat. You’ll see the abominations everywhere.
- You’ll see the fireworks in the sky from the Hindus in November.
- They are worshipping an incarnation of their false god Vishnu. THIS LAND IS DEFILED.
- And God hates it. Do you understand that today?
 Deuteronomy 32:15-16 But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness; then he forsook God which made him, and lightly esteemed the Rock of his salvation. 16 They provoked him to jealousy with strange gods, with abominations provoked they him to anger.
- Jeshurun is another name for Israel. They were God’s people. See what they did?
- You might say: “Well I’m a Christian and God loves me no matter what. I’ll do what I want.”
- If you’ll do what you want, you aren’t a Christian. Doing what God wants makes you a Christian.
- Watch what happened there in Deuteronomy Chapter 32.
 Deuteronomy 32:17-18 They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to new gods that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not. 18 Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee.
 Deuteronomy 32:19-20 And when the LORD saw it, he abhorred them, because of the provoking of his sons, and of his daughters. 20 And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.
- GOD ABHORRED THEM. This means He greatly HATED Israel. He tells us so throughout the Bible.
- Why did He hate them? The root cause of that hate is right there at the end of verse 20.
- “Children in whom is no faith.” NONE. No faith. If you never have faith, God will hate you.
- God will send you to hell. If you live each day without faith, you will never please God.
 Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
- If you never seek after God, if you never have faith, HELL is your destination. And that is hate from God.
 Psalm 5:4-6 For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee. 5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity. 6 Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.
- Thou hatest all workers of iniquity. There goes the “God doesn’t hate anyone.”
- The Scriptures, which are the truth, tells us that God hates workers of iniquity.
- Who are workers of iniquity? Those are the evil and wicked people who never trust in God.
- “The Lord will ABHOR the bloody and deceitful man.” He greatly HATES the bloody and deceitful man.
 Psalm 10:3-4 For the wicked boasteth of his heart’s desire, and blesseth the covetous, whom the LORD abhorreth. 4 The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.
- The wicked are the people who NEVER seek after God. Do you see that?
- God is never in the thoughts of the wicked. EVER. The Lord ABHORRETH the wicked.
- Do you seek after God? If you never do, you must be the wicked.
- If you do seek after God, then you aren’t the wicked and God doesn’t hate you.
God Hates The Wicked
 Psalm 11:5 The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.
- God hates the wicked. Him that loveth violence? God hates that man. Be careful with what you love.
- Do you love violence on the video games, the movies, the TV, the ultimate fighting, the boxing?
- Do you let that turn into your actions in your life? Do you love to fight and be violent? Be careful.
- “But the wicked and him that loveth violence His soul hateth.”
- That’s talking about the Lord hating the wicked man.
- So, does God hate? Does God hate people? You tell me.
 Psalm 26:4-5 I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers. 5 I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked.
- That’s David in Psalms, and he’s writing about doing the RIGHT THINGS.
- “I have hated the congregation of evil doers.” Do you know why David HATED them?
- They were evil and wicked. Did David do the right thing by hating them? Well, God hates them.
- You don’t think He wants you to hate the evil and the wicked who HATE GOD? Yes, He does.
 Romans 12:9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.
- That includes all things that are evil and wicked. That includes people.
- ABHOR or extremely hate that which is evil. Let’s see what ABHOR means with a little more detail.
- When we hate or abhor something, that doesn’t mean to do something evil or wicked.
- That just makes you evil or wicked. It means to cast off or reject that person.
- And that’s what God does to those people. He rejects them because He hates them.
- He cannot be around them. They make Him sick. Psalm 5 says “Neither shall evil dwell with thee.”
 Psalm 31:5-6 Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth. 6 I have hated them that regard lying vanities: but I trust in the LORD.
- That’s David again under the power of the Holy Spirit. This is Scripture.
- “I have hated THEM.” That’s what David says. Those are people. He has hated THEM.
- And when David did that, it was the right thing to do. He wasn’t wrong when he hated those people.
- How do I know that and why do I say that? If you know me, it’s in the Scriptures.
 1 Kings 15:5 Because David did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, and turned not aside from any thing that he commanded him all the days of his life, save only in the matter of Uriah the Hittite.
- The Bible never says that David did wrong by hating people that God said to hate.
- Again, this means to reject them and stay away from them. Why? So you don’t become evil too.
 Psalm 78:58-59 For they provoked him to anger with their high places, and moved him to jealousy with their graven images. 59 When God heard this, he was wroth, and greatly abhorred Israel:
- We’ve learned what God will HATE. He tells us directly what He hates.
- When we go do that, He will HATE US. “For they provoked Him to anger.”
- He greatly ABHORRED Israel. He didn’t just ABHOR them. He greatly and extremely abhorred them.
- And yes, it was His people. He hated those people. That means He is casting them off.
- When you leave God’s protection, it won’t be good for you. Bad things will happen.
 Psalm 106:39-40 Thus were they defiled with their own works, and went a whoring with their own inventions. 40 Therefore was the wrath of the LORD kindled against his people, insomuch that he abhorred his own inheritance.
- He greatly HATED His own inheritance. His own people. Do you see that?
- For your family who HATES God, what do you do with them? What did God do?
- He hated them. He got angry with them. He cast them off. He said, “Stay away from me.”
- Are you better than God? So God always does the right thing. And you’re a follower of God.
- But you won’t do what God does? You won’t do what God commands you to do.
- “Well, I don’t hate anyone because the world says that hate is wrong. I can’t hate.”
Don’t Hate People Who Aren’t Evil And Wicked
You shouldn’t hate the person who isn’t evil and wicked. When they hate God, you’ll know.
- A lot of people in this world hate the fake “Christians.” I do too. They blasphemy God.
- So don’t get the people mixed up that hate false Christians with the people who hate God.
- When you go to the door of some people, they’ll hate you because they’re accustomed to false Christians.
- So give them a chance before you think they hate God.
- The title of the sermon is DOES GOD HATE? I think the Scriptures have answered that question.
- If you don’t think so, let’s keep reading.
 Proverbs 6:16-19 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: 17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, 19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
- Does God hate? “These six things doth the Lord hate.” Seven are an abomination to Him.
- Yes, God hates sin but He hates the wicked person too.
- He hates a FALSE WITNESS. That’s a person who lies. He hates one that sows discord among brethren.
- Those are people. Does God hate people? Yes He does.
- If He doesn’t, tell me how you’re going to change all the Scriptures.
- Let me give you a hint. You won’t change the Scriptures. Why? God is preserving the Scriptures.
 Proverbs 22:14 The mouth of strange women is a deep pit: he that is abhorred of the LORD shall fall therein.
- This Scripture proves God abhors or extremely hates people.
- He that is ABHORRED OF THE LORD shall fall into a deep pit. That’s hell.
- When I say that God hates people that He throws into hell, I base what I say on the Scriptures.
- That’s what this says. God turns you over. When God is absent from you, hell is the destination.
 Jeremiah 12:7-8 I have forsaken mine house, I have left mine heritage; I have given the dearly beloved of my soul into the hand of her enemies. 8 Mine heritage is unto me as a lion in the forest; it crieth out against me: therefore have I hated it.
- That’s God speaking. He hates His own heritage, or His own people. That’s physical Israel.
- Watch what Hosea says about one of the 12 tribes of Israel, Ephraim.
- Joshua was from the tribe of Ephraim BEOFRE they turned away from God.
 Hosea 9:11 As for Ephraim, their glory shall fly away like a bird, from the birth, and from the womb, and from the conception.
 Hosea 9:15-16 All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters. 16 Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.
- Am I taking Scriptures and twisting them? AM I twisting Scripture for my own false doctrine?
- You tell me. Have you seen all the Scriptures? Am I getting them all wrong?
- Does God not hate? Verse 15 right there is God speaking. “FOR THERE I HATED THEM.”
- Why did God hate them? Wickedness. He says, “I will love them no more.”
- “Yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.”
- Does God continue to love everyone no matter what? He says, “I will love them no more.”
- When God doesn’t love you any more, what does that mean? That means He hates you.
 Amos 6:8-9 The Lord GOD hath sworn by himself, saith the LORD the God of hosts, I abhor the excellency of Jacob, and hate his palaces: therefore will I deliver up the city with all that is therein. 9 And it shall come to pass, if there remain ten men in one house, that they shall die.
- If you think I’m making any of this up, I want you to stop right now. Slow down right now.
- Clear your brain. And let’s read the first part of the Scripture on the screen one more time.
- Notice this doesn’t say Josh made this up. Josh swears on this. Josh said this. I didn’t.
Watch what it says and hear what the Scriptures say.
- “The Lord GOD hath sworn by Himself, saith the Lord God of hosts.”
- God says, “I swear by what I’m saying here. I am the Lord God of hosts and this is what I say.”
- “I ABHOR THE EXCELLENCY OF JACOB AND HATE HIS PALACES.”
- God hates Israel right there, and He swears that He hates them.
- What angers me is when so-called “Christians” spew out their mouth:
- “God doesn’t hate anything or anyone.” I’ve been in churches that preach this.
- I’ve been around so-called “pastors” that preach this. They don’t use the Scriptures.
 Zechariah 11:8 Three shepherds also I cut off in one month; and my soul lothed them, and their soul also abhorred me.
- That’s God speaking. “MY SOUL LOTHED THEM.”
- So many people I know don’t want to hear my preaching because they think I’m a liar.
- You tell me what I’ve preached today that is a lie. Everything I say is based on the Scriptures.
- If I’m wrong, show me where I’m wrong with the Scriptures. You can’t.
- Because the Scriptures don’t conflict. God hates evil and wicked people.
- Does that mean God hates all of your enemies? No, it doesn’t. You might have an enemy that loves God.
- God doesn’t hate that person because you don’t like them. He’s not like you.
 Malachi 1:3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.
- Did God hate Esau? Yes He did. Was this talking about the man named Esau?
- Some people will argue that it’s talking about a group of people. Well, it’s still people.
- That means God hates people, and I believe He hated the man Esau as well as the people.
- Does that mean all of the people related to Esau? No, it doesn’t.
- When God says He hates Israel and Judah in the Bible, did He mean every one of them.
- No, He didn’t Look at Daniel. Daniel went through all the punishment, but He loved God.
- And God loved Daniel. But, as a whole, God hated the people because they hated God.
 Romans 9:13-14 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated. 14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
- God hated Esau. So was God wrong? GOD FORBID. God commands us to hate the evil and wicked.
- So are you doing wrong by hating what God hates? GOD FORBID.
- What does God do when He hates someone, He rejects them.
 Hebrews 12:16-17 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright. 17 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.
- He was rejected. Why? God hated Esau. And that’s talking about the person Esau.
- He wasn’t rejected as a baby. He was rejected at that point right there in Hebrews Chapter 12.
- We hear from false preachers all the time that Jesus changed things in the New Testament.
- I don’t think they’ve studied the Book of Revelation. I don’t think they’ve studied any of the Bible.
 Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
- That’s Jesus speaking. If you can’t choose Jesus over everyone else in your life, you aren’t worthy of Him.
- If you don’t reject everyone else when Jesus comes, you can’t be His disciple.
- A disciple is one who follows Jesus. You can be saved and not follow Jesus.
- You can choose all of these other things over Jesus, but you aren’t worthy of Jesus.
- You should HATE everyone else compared to the love you have for Jesus.
- When Jesus shows up, you should drop everything else and forget about it.
“Should I Reject People In My Life?”
“Do you mean I should forget about everyone else? That’s not right. What about my Mom, my Dad, my sister?”
- “God doesn’t mean that.” Oh yes He does. Why should you drop everything for Him?
 Luke 9:59 And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
- Jesus says, “Follow me.” You’re supposed to drop everything. Forget about what you have to do.
- “Lord, I need to go bury my father first. I’ve got a funeral to go to.”
- What do you think Jesus is going to say? That dead man isn’t doing anything. He’s dead.
 Luke 9:60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.
- Preaching the kingdom of God is more important than anything else. Do you understand that?
- I’m not important. You’re not important. Saving people who need to be saved is important.
 Luke 9:61-62 And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house. 62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
- You need to hate the other things in your life that aren’t furthering the kingdom of God.
- That’s what Jesus meant when He said you MUST HATE your family by following Jesus.
- You must reject your family versus following Jesus. Now, if they come with you, that’s great.
- You don’t have to hate them because they’re there with you preaching the Gospel.
 Luke 16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
- If you love everyone else in your life, you won’t love God. You will hate God and love the others.
- If you put your family first, your children first, your job first, then you’ll hate God.
- If you put God first, you’ll hate the others. That’s called placing God first in your life.
- When you put God first, you’ll reject other things in your life. That’s what Jesus means by hating.
- He doesn’t mean to DESPISE AND HATE AND HURT your family. He simply means to put Him first.
- When you put Him first, you are loving your family because everything will work out for the best.
Are We To Hate?
So, are we to HATE? We know that God hates. Are we not supposed to hate anything?
- I can hear parents from these fake Christian churches telling their children: “We shouldn’t hate anything.”
- Is that what the Scriptures say? Are those kids turning out good? No, they aren’t.
- We should be teaching them to HATE evil and wicked things and the evil and wicked person too.
 Amos 5:14-15 Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: and so the LORD, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as ye have spoken. 15 Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph.
- HATE THE EVIL and LOVE THE GOOD. Then, God will be good to you.
- The Bible is very clear and easy to understand when it comes to hate.
- The world and the churches are the ones who made this difficult to understand.
- Hate means to reject or shun. It doesn’t mean to do evil like lying, cheating, stealing, or murdering.
- We are to follow what God says and do what God says. We are to hate evil and wickedness.
- God hates evil and wickedness. God hates the evil and wicked person.
- That means we are to hate evil and wickedness. We are to hate the evil and wicked person.
- We do not take vengeance on anyone. God takes care of that.
 Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
- And that is the New Testament quoting the Old Testament.
- The entire Bible does that PROVING that the Old Testament is valid.
- What we learn in the Old Testament is valid for the times we live in today.
- And that is true UNLESS Jesus Christ fulfilled the laws that were a picture of things to come.
- This would be such laws as the Sabbath, animal sacrifices, offerings on the altar, diverse washings, carnal ordinances, meats and drinks.
And I want you to know that the Scripture we saw today is just a small part of what the Bible teaches about hate.
- The entire Bible teaches what you heard today from front to back, cover to cover, beginning to end.
- The Scriptures cannot be changed, and the Scriptures are truth. There is no error there.
- You should agree with God. Agreeing with God is agreeing with the Scriptures.
- If you don’t believe what I’ve said today, read it and study it for yourself.
- I recommend the following words to study. Don’t just read that one verse. Read around that verse too.
- Hate, Hated, Hateful, Hatest, Hateth, Hating
- Abhor, Abhorred, Abhorrest, Abhorreth, Abhorring
- When you find the Scriptures that use these words, you’ll find 233 matches in 217 verses.
- When you do that study yourself and see the words yourself, you’ll agree with what you’ve heard today.
- Give it a try. Test what I’ve said today with the Scriptures.
- God hates evil and wickedness. He hates the evil and wicked person too.