- Sermon Slides for Sermon Does God Reject People? Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Does God Reject People? PDF
 The title of the sermon today is “Does God Reject People?”
- I was recently told by a “great man of god of 60 years” that God doesn’t reject anyone.
- This Dr. Dave Smith tells me that God doesn’t hate anyone and God doesn’t reject anyone.
- Now, let’s see if that’s the truth. Where do we find the truth? The Scriptures.
- Obviously, his church, Clay Mills Baptist Church, and the people he teaches don’t look at the Scriptures.
- If they did, all of them would be rebuking that liar who is named Dr. Dave Smith.
- It’s not okay to lie about the word of God. Understand that right now. It’s not okay.
- Dave says, “God doesn’t reject anyone.” Let’s see what God says.
 Jeremiah 6:29-30 The bellows are burned, the lead is consumed of the fire; the founder melteth in vain: for the wicked are not plucked away. 30 Reprobate silver shall men call them, because the LORD hath rejected them.
- “Because the Lord hath rejected them.” Dave says, “The Lord doesn’t reject anyone.”
- The Holy Spirit says, “The Lord hath rejected them.” Let’s see. Dave Smith or the Holy Spirit?
- Dave Smith or the Holy Spirit? Which one should I trust?
- The “great man of a false god” for over 60 years or the Almighty God who is eternal?
- That’s a tough decision, right? You wouldn’t think so but all these others are trusting Dave Smith.
Why? Because he boasts about how great he is all the time. “I turned down $300,000.”
- “I get on my knees twice a day and pray for my family. I do this. I do that. I wrote a book.”
- “You all should read MY BOOK. I make fun of my grandchildren. I make up my own rules.”
- “You should listen to me, Dave Smith, because I am a great man of god.”
- “I run Circle C Baptist Ranch. I live in a camper. I’ve given up everything for god.” Yeah right, Dave.
- Anyone who knows the Scriptures knows that you are nothing but a liar who tells lies about God.
- He says, “God doesn’t reject anyone. God doesn’t hate anyone.”
 2 Kings 17:20 And the LORD rejected all the seed of Israel, and afflicted them, and delivered them into the hand of spoilers, until he had cast them out of his sight.
- The Lord cast all the seed of Israel out of his sight. God rejected all the seed of Israel.
- I didn’t make that up. I didn’t write that. God wrote that. Does God reject people?
- It sure looks like He does to me. Maybe my brain just isn’t at the great Dr. Dave Smith level.
- I’m not called Dr. Josh Tapp like Dr. Dave Smith. I’ve only been around 41 years.
He’s been a great man of god since he was saved as a little boy just like all the Baptist preachers say.
- “Well, I was saved as a little boy. I remember the exact moment I was saved.”
- “And I’ve followed god all my life since I was saved at that moment as a little boy.”
- I haven’t been saved as a little boy all my life so therefore you shouldn’t listen to me.
- I’m not worthy to step into the pulpit of the great Baptist men of god.
- He’s a teacher at a Baptist college. He has doctor in his name. He’s been saved by his god for 60 years.
- I am nothing. He is great. You should listen to him.
 Psalm 118:8-9 It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. 9 It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes.
- The real truth is that Dr. Dave Smith of Clay Mills Baptist Church is not a great man of the ONE TRUE GOD.
- It’s very easy to see this because he attempts to change the word of God to fit his little pea brain.
- Our human brain is nothing compared to God.
- You don’t get to change God’s word into something that makes sense to you.
- That’s what all these so-called pastors are doing. “Well, I’m an associate pastor at this mega church.”
- God doesn’t care who you are or what you are.
 Proverbs 24:23 These things also belong to the wise. It is not good to have respect of persons in judgment.
- The Bible tells us that it is not good to have respect of persons in judgment.
- In other words, you are to judge what a preacher is saying at all times. JUDGE what Dr. Dave Smith says.
- But don’t agree with what he says because he has DOCTOR in his name.
- Don’t agree with that he says because he talks himself up all the time.
- Don’t listen to his stories about his greatness and fall for it because he isn’t great.
- Don’t trust Dr. Dave Smith and his book over the word of the Lord. That’s silliness.
 Romans 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
- If God doesn’t respect a person because he has DOCTOR in his name, should you?
- “Well, I teach at a Bible college.” So what? I’ve got the Holy Spirit living within me.
- And you bring up your greatness? And those worldly titles are more important than the Holy Spirit?
- I’ve never heard Dave talk about how great God happens to be because he’s a lover of men.
- And he’s a great lover of himself. It’s very easy to see that.
 2 Timothy 3:1-3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
 2 Timothy 3:4-5 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
- He’s a traitor to God Almighty. God says he rejects and hates evil and wicked people.
- But Dave, who is supposedly saved by God, tells people the opposite of what God says. TRAITOR!!!
 2 Timothy 3:6-8 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
- Did you notice the Bible calls out their name? “You shouldn’t use Dave’s name.” I’ll follow the Bible.
- Ever learning and never able to come to the truth.
- Ever writing books and telling people to read and buy their books. “Don’t read the Bible. Read my book.”
- He is withstanding God Almighty and telling me to ignore what God says but listen to Dr. Dave Smith.
- He RESISTS the truth. MEN OF CORRUPT MINDS. And then notice what it says there.
- REPROBATE concerning the faith. Do you remember what reprobate means?
 Jeremiah 6:29-30 The bellows are burned, the lead is consumed of the fire; the founder melteth in vain: for the wicked are not plucked away. 30 Reprobate silver shall men call them, because the LORD hath rejected them.
- A reprobate is a reject. This is someone that God has rejected. Why? They have no faith. EVER. Not once.
- How can you test if someone is actually saved? It’s not through their works.
- The closest test in the Bible for someone being saved is this test in John Chapter 8.
 John 8:47 He that is of God heareth God’s words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
- That’s Jesus talking to the Pharisees or the very religious people who change the truth of God into a lie.
- God says that He rejects people, but a preacher says that God doesn’t reject anyone.
- “He that is of God heareth God’s words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.”
- If you can’t read a simple verse in the Bible and believe what God says, then you aren’t of God.
- With the test Jesus gave us in the Bible, I can clearly say that Dr. Dave Smith is not of God.
- He told me, “God doesn’t hate anyone. God doesn’t reject anyone. God doesn’t throw anyone into hell.”
- He acts as if he knows the Bible, but he doesn’t know the Bible at all.
- God hating, rejecting, and throwing people into hell is clearly throughout the entire Bible.
- So, why would God reject someone? Let’s see why He clearly rejected Israel.
 2 Kings 17:7-8 For so it was, that the children of Israel had sinned against the LORD their God, which had brought them up out of the land of Egypt, from under the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt, and had feared other gods, 8 And walked in the statutes of the heathen, whom the LORD cast out from before the children of Israel, and of the kings of Israel, which they had made.
- They feared other gods. They walked in the statutes of the heathen. They listened to others and not God.
- They feared people like Dave Smith but not God. Let’s see what else they did.
 2 Kings 17:9-10 And the children of Israel did secretly those things that were not right against the LORD their God, and they built them high places in all their cities, from the tower of the watchmen to the fenced city. 10 And they set them up images and groves in every high hill, and under every green tree:
 2 Kings 17:11-12 And there they burnt incense in all the high places, as did the heathen whom the LORD carried away before them; and wrought wicked things to provoke the LORD to anger: 12 For they served idols, whereof the LORD had said unto them, Ye shall not do this thing.
- They worshipped false gods. They served idols. This is just like these false churches with false preachers.
- God says, “YOU SHALL NOT DO THIS THING!!!”
 2 Kings 17:13 Yet the LORD testified against Israel, and against Judah, by all the prophets, and by all the seers, saying, Turn ye from your evil ways, and keep my commandments and my statutes, according to all the law which I commanded your fathers, and which I sent to you by my servants the prophets.
- God sent the prophets and the seers to those people: “TURN YE FROM YOUR EVIL WAYS.”
- Why do you think I’ll stand up against false preacher Dave Smith and all the others?
- We are commanded by God to do so. How has Dave Smith gotten to that level?
- Because no one said anything to him. What do they do? They promote him.
- Why? Because they are the same thing as he happens to be. False preachers.
- Dave Smith needs to turn from his evil ways and maybe God will give him a chance
- And that’s “IF” he isn’t already a reject. Or, he can be like Israel in the next verse.
 2 Kings 17:14 Notwithstanding they would not hear, but hardened their necks, like to the neck of their fathers, that did not believe in the LORD their God.
- That’s what Dave Smith did to me. I showed HIM clear Scripture that God hates people.
- But he would not hear. He hardened his neck and got angry with me over God’s words.
- He stiffened his neck like the neck of his fathers that did not believe in the Lord their God.
 2 Kings 17:15 And they rejected his statutes, and his covenant that he made with their fathers, and his testimonies which he testified against them; and they followed vanity, and became vain, and went after the heathen that were round about them, concerning whom the LORD had charged them, that they should not do like them.
- They became vain. Really? Not Dr. Dave Smith with all of his achievements.
- Dave, you aren’t supposed to follow after man and do everything they do.
- You’re supposed to follow after God. Not man. That’s the problem in churches right now.
- What else did Israel do so that God REJECTED them?
 2 Kings 17:16-17 And they left all the commandments of the LORD their God, and made them molten images, even two calves, and made a grove, and worshipped all the host of heaven, and served Baal. 17 And they caused their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire, and used divination and enchantments, and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.
- If you do evil in the sight of the Lord, you will provoke Him to anger.
- I’m guessing Dr. Dave Smith provokes the Lord to anger when he says God doesn’t hate anyone.
- He provokes God to anger when he says that God doesn’t reject anyone. Why?
- Because he acts like he represents God, but he doesn’t at all. He calls God a liar.
 2 Kings 17:18 Therefore the LORD was very angry with Israel, and removed them out of his sight: there was none left but the tribe of Judah only.
- I am not the author of that. God removed Israel out of his sight because they made Him so angry.
 2 Kings 17:19 Also Judah kept not the commandments of the LORD their God, but walked in the statutes of Israel which they made.
- And then Judah did the same thing as Israel.
 2 Kings 17:20 And the LORD rejected all the seed of Israel, and afflicted them, and delivered them into the hand of spoilers, until he had cast them out of his sight.
- Did the Lord reject all the seed of Israel or not? Dave Smith says no. “God doesn’t reject anyone.”
- God says, “And the Lord rejected all the seed of Israel.” He cast them out of His sight.
 2 Kings 17:21-22 For he rent Israel from the house of David; and they made Jeroboam the son of Nebat king: and Jeroboam drave Israel from following the LORD, and made them sin a great sin. 22 For the children of Israel walked in all the sins of Jeroboam which he did; they departed not from them;
 2 Kings 17:23 Until the LORD removed Israel out of his sight, as he had said by all his servants the prophets. So was Israel carried away out of their own land to Assyria unto this day.
- God rejected Israel because they did evil in the sight of the Lord continuously.
- The leaders caused all of the others to cease in following the Lord.
- That’s what the PASTORS of these churches are doing. “Don’t listen to God. Listen to us.”
- “Buy our books. Listen to our words. Listen to our stories. Don’t listen to God.” That’s what they do.
- You need to see that the Bible warns us about this over and over again.
- If someone encourages you to get away from God’s word, that’s a sign for you.
 Jeremiah 6:18-19 Therefore hear, ye nations, and know, O congregation, what is among them. 19 Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not hearkened unto my words, nor to my law, but rejected it.
- HEAR O EARTH is what the Bible says. That means you, Dave Smith.
- God says, “I will bring evil upon this people.” Dave Smith would say, “No, God doesn’t bring evil.”
- “God why are you focusing on the evil. You should always be positive, God.”
- That’s what he said to me. “Why are you focusing on the negative?”
- NEWS FLASH DAVE SMITH. I’m not the one who said it. Maybe you should question God.
- Maybe you should go FACE TO FACE with the Almighty God and see what happens.
- You wouldn’t be able to stand and to question God. You would fall over like dead just like I would.
- But you’ll do it now because God isn’t close to you. I fear God. No way I’m questioning Him.
- The people rejected God’s law and God’s words. What happens when you do that?
 Jeremiah 6:21-22 Therefore thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will lay stumblingblocks before this people, and the fathers and the sons together shall fall upon them; the neighbour and his friend shall perish. 22 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, a people cometh from the north country, and a great nation shall be raised from the sides of the earth.
 Jeremiah 6:23-25 They shall lay hold on bow and spear; they are cruel, and have no mercy; their voice roareth like the sea; and they ride upon horses, set in array as men for war against thee, O daughter of Zion. 24 We have heard the fame thereof: our hands wax feeble: anguish hath taken hold of us, and pain, as of a woman in travail. 25 Go not forth into the field, nor walk by the way; for the sword of the enemy and fear is on every side.
- Reject God’s words. Teach people that God is a liar, Dave Smith. He’s coming for you.
- You better fear the Lord.
 Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
- Dave Smith has a froward mouth against God Almighty.
- So, what will I do? I will HATE his froward mouth. God commands me to do so.
- I will reject anything and everything that froward mouth says.
- Dave Smith doesn’t want you to hate anything. God says different.
- That’s the definition of a froward mouth. What does God say? “The froward mouth do I hate.”
- God said that. I didn’t say it. GOD DID. You cannot fear God without HATING evil.
- Therefore, because the Bible says so, Dave Smith doesn’t fear God at all.
- Why? Because Dave Smith doesn’t hate anything. He follows his false god that doesn’t hate.
 Jeremiah 7:29 Cut off thine hair, O Jerusalem, and cast it away, and take up a lamentation on high places; for the LORD hath rejected and forsaken the generation of his wrath.
- The Lord rejected that generation in Jerusalem. Why? Let’s see why and let’s see what God does.
 Jeremiah 7:30-31 For the children of Judah have done evil in my sight, saith the LORD: they have set their abominations in the house which is called by my name, to pollute it. 31 And they have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my heart.
 Jeremiah 7:32-33 Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that it shall no more be called Tophet, nor the valley of the son of Hinnom, but the valley of slaughter: for they shall bury in Tophet, till there be no place. 33 And the carcases of this people shall be meat for the fowls of the heaven, and for the beasts of the earth; and none shall fray them away.
 Jeremiah 7:34 Then will I cause to cease from the cities of Judah, and from the streets of Jerusalem, the voice of mirth, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride: for the land shall be desolate.
- Do you want to know why our world is the way it is right now?
- The generation of Dave Smith has let us down.
- The ones who profess to stand for the Lord are the biggest liars.
- They have caused the desolation that is coming for us. These false preachers lie about God.
- Our land will be desolate but heaven will never be desolate. We look towards heaven for our help.
- These false preachers will be ashamed. And you’ll see it one day.
 Jeremiah 8:9-10 The wise men are ashamed, they are dismayed and taken: lo, they have rejected the word of the LORD; and what wisdom is in them? 10 Therefore will I give their wives unto others, and their fields to them that shall inherit them: for every one from the least even unto the greatest is given to covetousness, from the prophet even unto the priest every one dealeth falsely.
- Reject the word of the Lord and you have ZERO wisdom within you, Dave Smith. ZERO.
- But you profess yourself to be wise. You talk people into thinking that you’re wise.
 Romans 1:22-23 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
- God can’t be corrupted by anyone. You might corrupt His words by changing them.
- But you can’t change God, Dave Smith. God says, “I hate. I reject.”
- You can’t change Him into what you want. You can make up your own god but that one won’t save you.
- And that’s what you’ve done. You’ve changed God’s words to fit the false god in your own mind.
- You have a fairy tale god. You have a Disney god. You have a god that doesn’t breathe.
- Your god isn’t alive. But your god makes you happy in your little head.
- Making up your own god simply makes the TRUE GOD mad.
 Lamentations 5:19-22 Thou, O LORD, remainest for ever; thy throne from generation to generation. 20 Wherefore dost thou forget us for ever, and forsake us so long time? 21 Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old. 22 But thou hast utterly rejected us; thou art very wroth against us.
- God has utterly rejected them. He is VERY ANGRY at them. Yes, God gets angry.
- I’m sure Dave Smith’s false god doesn’t get angry. “Anger is bad. God doesn’t get angry.”
- With the Scriptures that you’ve seen today, do you think God rejects people?
- The false preachers in most churches today say, “Oh no!!! God doesn’t reject anyone. That’s sad.”
 Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
- God says, “I WILL ALSO REJECT THEE.” You’ve rejected me so I will reject you.
- Who does God reject? He rejects those who continue to reject Him.
- Forget God’s words. Lie about His words. Make up your own words. Change His words.
- “I WILL ALSO FORGET THY CHILDREN.” Does that sound nice? No, it doesn’t.
- Guess what? God’s not nice when you tell lies about Him.
- God’s not nice when you have forgotten the law of thy God.
- If you like to change God’s words, let’s see what happens.
 Malachi 1:2-3 I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob’s brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob, 3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.
- “AND I HATED ESAU.” The false preachers say, “God didn’t hate Esau.”
 Romans 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
- “Oh that can’t be right. God can’t hate anyone.” Wouldn’t you call that changing God’s words?
- Then they try to explain it away. They say, “No, you don’t understand. He didn’t hate Esau.”
- NEWS FLASH DAVE SMITH. God hated Esau. God said so. I didn’t say it. GOD SAID IT. Twice.
- As it is written. And you can’t change that because it is written. You can deceive others but not me.
 Romans 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
- They false preachers are changing the truth of God into a lie. It’s obvious.
- GOD HATES ESAU. “No God didn’t hate Esau.” What???
- We’ve went over all the Scriptures that tells us that God hates evil and wicked people.
- He rejects the people who reject Him. What’s the very next verse in Romans Chapter 1 say?
 Romans 1:26-27 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
- If you change the truth of God into a lie, what can happen to you?
- The Bible says, “FOR THIS CAUSE GOD GAVE THEM UP UNTO VILE AFFECTIONS.”
- What do you think it means when God gives you up? He has REJECTED you.
 Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
- God gave them over to a reprobate or REJECT mind. God rejected them. Reprobate = rejected.
- If God doesn’t reject anyone, then why would Romans Chapter 1 tell us this?
- Dave Smith told me that the Book of Romans is only talking to the church at Rome.
- So that doesn’t count. “God doesn’t reject anyone.” That’s what he says.
 Romans 1:29-31 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
 Romans 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
- That’s what happens when you reject God, ignore His words, and make up whatever you want.
- And those false preachers that do those things take great pleasure in them.
- They boast about their large church size and how many people they have deceived.
 Hebrews 6:4-5 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
- Some people come to the point of being saved. They’ve been enlightened.
- They understand the Gospel. They know how to be saved.
- Just because someone understands the Gospel, it doesn’t mean they are saved.
- The Holy Ghost comes to them to get them saved. He allows them to understand how to be saved.
- They have tasted of the heavenly gift, but they haven’t taken the heavenly gift.
- Notice that the Bible says it is impossible for those who were once enlightened.
 Hebrews 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
- If they shall fall away, they cannot come back to that place of repentance.
- They lost their last chance to be saved. God is not going to draw them back to that point again.
- Repentance for salvation is a change of mind to believing what God says.
- Watch what the next 2 verses say in Hebrews Chapter 6.
 Hebrews 6:7-8 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: 8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
- If God rejects you, your end will be burning in hell.
- Someone who has their final chance to be saved through repentance or believing on God, but rejects God one final time will be rejected by God.
- God gives them chances, but they reject God over and over again. Then He rejects them.
- What we’ve learned so far today goes perfect with the example of Esau in the Bible.
 Hebrews 12:16-17 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright. 17 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.
- Yes, this is the Scripture talking about Esau not receiving the blessing from his father Isaac.
- But it’s talking about more than that. It’s talking about Esau being rejected.
- “HE WAS REJECTED.” Why?
- “For he found no place of repentance though he sought it carefully with tears.”
- He couldn’t change his mind and believe. Why? God rejected Esau? Why?
- Right there at the beginning of verse 16, the Bible says Esau was a fornicator and a profane person.
He cried for repentance, but he couldn’t be saved. He wanted to be saved, but he couldn’t be.
- Esau called upon the Lord but he couldn’t be saved. Why? Because he couldn’t believe.
 Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
- False preachers like to stop there. That Scripture is 100% truth.
- If you’re able to call upon the Lord, you will be saved.
- But does that mean all people that cry out for the Lord will be calling upon the Lord?
- Well, we really need to read all the verses, the entire chapters, the entire books, and the whole Bible.
- We don’t get to take one verse and build a doctrine from one verse.
- “If ANYONE calls out to the Lord, He will save them.”
- Well, Esau did and he was hated and rejected by God. Why is that? Let’s read more.
 Romans 10:13-14 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
- You cannot call upon the Lord unless you first believe.
- You can’t give the Gospel to someone and order them to say a prayer to be saved.
- “if you call upon the Lord through this prayer, you will be saved.”
- It doesn’t that work that way. If they truly believe, then it does work that way.
- Someone can’t call upon the Lord UNLESS they’ve first believed.
- Repeating words from someone else don’t count unless they’ve first believed.
- If you don’t believe but you call upon the Lord, God doesn’t hear that call.
You must first believe on the Lord Jesus Christ in order to be saved.
- God will not hear your call just as He didn’t hear Esau because Esau couldn’t believe.
- “He found no place of repentance though he sought it carefully with tears.”
- Esau went too far. He didn’t care about God. He was a fornicator with other gods and not God Almighty.
- God says, “I’ve had enough. You can call upon me and I will not hear.”
- Dave Smith says, “Oh no!!! That’s not right. God will hear anyone who calls upon him.”
- Really? Well, let’s see what the Bible says.
 Proverbs 1:24-27 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; 25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: 26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; 27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
- These people are being called by God just like in Hebrews Chapter 6.
- God stretches out His hands and wants them to be saved, but they disregard God Almighty.
- God says, “I will laugh at your problems. I will mock you when your fear comes.”
- Watch exactly what God says next, though.
 Proverbs 1:28-30 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: 29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD: 30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
- Now, you can tell me if I have this wrong. God Himself says, “Then they shall call upon me.”
- “BUT I WILL NOT ANSWER.” So, does God answer everyone’s call for help?
- These people that He won’t answer are the people that He has rejected.
- He’s been to them before. He’s put out a call to them over and over again.
- “Because I have called, and ye refused. I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded.”
So, now, when that person attempts to call upon the Lord, He will not answer.
- That means they aren’t calling upon the Lord because He’s not there to answer.
- Why? Because they couldn’t first believe.
- God has blinded them and made it impossible for them to be saved. Same with Esau.
- For example, let’s say Pam is at the grocery store, and I need her to get something for me.
- I try to call her but I dial the wrong number. I can’t call upon Pam without the right number.
- She isn’t answering me because I didn’t dial the right number.
- God won’t answer because you won’t first believe.
Or, let’s say I pick up the phone and I don’t know how to use the phone.
- I try to call upon Pam. But I don’t dial the number first. I’m not getting through to Pam.
- Therefore, I tried to call upon Pam but I didn’t call upon Pam. She never got the message.
- People who are rejected by God can try to call upon the Lord but the message isn’t coming through.
- Esau’s message didn’t reach God because God rejected Him.
- Or Pam is mad at me and she won’t answer the phone. Guess what?
- I won’t get what I needed from the grocery store because Pam didn’t take my call.
- “Pam, I tried to call you. I needed some food badly. I sought the food with tears. I was starving.”
- But Pam didn’t bring me any food because I wasn’t able to call upon her. I tried but couldn’t.
- Do you see how that works with God? Refuse Him. Reject Him when He calls you.
- You’re playing with literal fire. You don’t want to do that. God does reject people.
 Job 27:7-9 Let mine enemy be as the wicked, and he that riseth up against me as the unrighteous. 8 For what is the hope of the hypocrite, though he hath gained, when God taketh away his soul? 9 Will God hear his cry when trouble cometh upon him?
- God took away the soul of this person. Is God going to hear his cry? He’s not because God rejected him.
 Job 35:12-13 There they cry, but none giveth answer, because of the pride of evil men. 13 Surely God will not hear vanity, neither will the Almighty regard it.
- God will not answer. Cry out to God, be a reject, and God will not answer. He won’t hear it.
- That’s called rejection. Is it not? Someone calls out to God, but He won’t hear? Rejection.
 Psalm 18:40-42 Thou hast also given me the necks of mine enemies; that I might destroy them that hate me. 41 They cried, but there was none to save them: even unto the LORD, but he answered them not. 42 Then did I beat them small as the dust before the wind: I did cast them out as the dirt in the streets.
- I’m not making any of this up that I’m preaching today.
- The whole Bible teaches this doctrine from cover to cover.
- If you want to be evil and reject God, He can and He will reject you. And yes, that’s scary.
- And yes, it’s supposed to be scary. And yes, we are to fear the Lord. He has power over death and hell.
- Dr. Dave Smith sure doesn’t. I sure don’t either. You don’t. The Baptist sure don’t. John the Baptist didn’t.
- Moses didn’t. Abraham didn’t. Paul didn’t. NO ONE DOES except God Almighty.
 Isaiah 1:13-14 Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting. 14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.
 Isaiah 1:15 And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.
- Spread forth your hands to God and God says He will hide His eyes from these evil and wicked people.
- When they pray to God, He says I will not hear you. That’s fearful.
 Jeremiah 11:11 Therefore thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon them, which they shall not be able to escape; and though they shall cry unto me, I will not hearken unto them.
- These people are crying out to God, and He does not hearken unto them. Why is that?
- They have no faith because God made it impossible for them to believe.
- Do you remember John Chapter 12? Everything I’m teaching today fits perfectly with the whole Bible.
 John 12:37-38 But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him: 38 That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?
 John 12:39-40 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again, 40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.
- That’s called rejection. They couldn’t believe. They couldn’t call upon the Lord.
- He blinded their eyes. Hardened their heart. They couldn’t be saved. Do you see that? God did that.
- Why did He do that? Because He tried over and over again. And they rejected Him. So He rejected them.
 Isaiah 44:17-18 And the residue thereof he maketh a god, even his graven image: he falleth down unto it, and worshippeth it, and prayeth unto it, and saith, Deliver me; for thou art my god. 18 They have not known nor understood: for he hath shut their eyes, that they cannot see; and their hearts, that they cannot understand.
- They would rather put the words of men above God’s words.
- They would rather fall down at their fake altars and act like they’re doing something great.
- THEY CANNOT SEE!!! THEY CANNOT UNDERSTAND!!! For God hath shut their eyes and their hearts.
 Ezekiel 8:18 Therefore will I also deal in fury: mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: and though they cry in mine ears with a loud voice, yet will I not hear them.
 Micah 3:4 Then shall they cry unto the LORD, but he will not hear them: he will even hide his face from them at that time, as they have behaved themselves ill in their doings.
 Zechariah 7:13-14 Therefore it is come to pass, that as he cried, and they would not hear; so they cried, and I would not hear, saith the LORD of hosts: 14 But I scattered them with a whirlwind among all the nations whom they knew not. Thus the land was desolate after them, that no man passed through nor returned: for they laid the pleasant land desolate.
- Now, am I making all of this up Dave Smith? Did I misinterpret all of this Scripture?
 Luke 13:25-26 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
 Luke 13:27-28 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
- Jesus is going to say, “Depart from me all ye workers of iniquity.” That’s rejection. That’s hate.
- Hate is rejection. Get away from me. That’s rejection. That’s hate.
- What happens to the people God rejects and won’t allow them to call upon Him?
- They get thrown into hell by God Himself.
- I was told by Dave Smith that God doesn’t throw anyone into hell.
- The ultimate rejection from God is throwing that person into hell.
- But Dave says God doesn’t reject anyone; therefore, there’s no way God would throw someone into hell.
- That’s called man attempting to reason and to change the word of God.
 Luke 12:4-5 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. 5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.
- I believe that just might be Jesus warning people about Him throwing them into hell.
- After God kills, He also has the power to cast anyone that hasn’t believed into hell.
- Why would Jesus tell us that? “YEA, I SAY UNTO YOU, FEAR HIM.”
- When you preach that God doesn’t throw people into hell, you’re a liar and a deceiver.
- That’s wickedness. You’re teaching people not to fear God when Jesus teaches the opposite.
 Mark 9:47-48 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: 48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
- God casts people into hell fire. The Bible is pretty clear about that. The fire is never quenched.
- These evil men have crept in unawares into the churches and have taken over leadership.
- They’ve created false gods and false churches, and for some reason, people continue to support them.
- The evil and wicked will be thrown into hell by God HIMSELF.
 Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
- That’s called being thrown into hell. No one has that power but God Almighty.
 Revelation 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
- If God doesn’t reject anyone, what would you call that? God takes his part out of the Book of Life.
- He can’t enter into the holy city. He can’t be saved because he took God’s words away.
- He knocks on the door and says, “Lord, let me in.” The Lord says, “I don’t know you.” That’s rejection.
- Dave Smith didn’t like to be rebuked with the word of God. I used Scripture. He didn’t like it.
- Yes, I’ve been there before many times. Preachers who don’t like the word of God.
 Proverbs 9:8 Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.
- It’s not me with the wise words. Those are God’s words that rebuke. He’s doing the rebuking.
- And they hate it. Why? Because they love themselves and hate God.
 Ecclesiastes 7:5 It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.
- Dave Smith needs to get away from all the other liars and turn to the word of God.
- I hope for Dave’s sake that he’s still able to do that. I hope that God hasn’t already rejected him.
- We all need to stop listening to the song of fools and listen to our God and Savior Jesus Christ.
 Jeremiah 23:1-2 Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD. 2 Therefore thus saith the LORD God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the LORD.
- God is coming for you false preachers and false pastors. He will visit you with the evil of your doings.
- So you better turn back to God now, or He’s coming for you. Do you hear that?
- God does reject people. God does hate people. He hates and rejects the evil and wicked person.
- Who is the evil and wicked person? The one who always rejects God and never trusts in Him.
- The only way to be saved is believe on the Lord Jesus Christ when God calls you to Him.
- Don’t reject Him because it might be your last chance. You’ll find yourself being thrown into hell.