- Sermon Slides for Sermon Faith Alone Saves Part 1: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Faith Alone Saves Part 1: PDF
 The title of the sermon today is “FAITH ALONE SAVES.” This is Part 1 of 2 Sermons.
Believing On The Lord Jesus Christ = Eternal Life
- Today, I want to show you that believing on the Lord Jesus Christ (the Son of God) gets YOU eternal life that never ends.
- Once you believe on Jesus Christ to save you, you’re saved and it never ends.
Why do I want to go over this today?
- Because there are so many other things being added to the Gospel of Jesus Christ TODAY (in churches) that I want to make sure all of us understand and don’t fall for ANY false doctrines.
- The gift of eternal life is the GIFT OF GOD (From THE ONE TRUE GOD Only) and that gift comes through FAITH ALONE.
- The same is true throughout the ENTIRE BIBLE.
- Believing is THE KEY to unlocking all of the truths within the Bible.
- Once you understand this, the entire Bible comes together and every single thing makes perfect sense.
Nothing contradicts. If you think something contradicts, STUDY IT and you’ll find the truth that doesn’t contradict.
- You don’t make things up. You look at what the words say.
- And I want you to see the TRUTH TODAY.
- The word of God has THE POWER so today I want to spend most of the time showing you verses and reading those verses within the Bible.
- The word of God will change your mind and show you the truth. So don’t listen to me today.
- HEAR THE WORDS FROM GOD.
 Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
- Notice that this verse says: “To him give ALL THE PROPHETS WITNESS, that through HIS NAME whosoever believeth in HIM shall receive remission of sins.”
- ALL THE PROPHETS knew that through the Lord God Almighty whosoever believeth in HIM shall receive remission or forgiveness or removal of sins.
Faith is believing on God to save you because He is THE ONLY ONE who can save you.
- Nothing you can do or nothing ANYONE else can do will save you.
- This means no works that you do are a part of salvation.
- It’s simply putting ALL YOUR FAITH, 100% of it, on God to save you.
 Romans 10:8-14 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
- If you confess with your mouth, this means you believe.
- If you just say it without believing with all your heart, this isn’t confessing and this isn’t saving you.
- You confess with your mouth because you HAVE salvation. You confess because YOU HAVE BELIEVED.
- You cannot call upon the name of the Lord without FIRST BELIEVING.
You Must Have The Right Jesus
You MUST believe on the CORRECT JESUS. The correct Jesus is the ONE right here in this Bible.
- It’s not any false Jesus that you’ve made up or a religion has made up.
- It MUST be THE JESUS WITH POWER.
- Next, I want to look at CALLING UPON THE LORD.
- And remember, you cannot call upon the Lord without first BELIEVING on the LORD.
- Let’s make sure we understand that.
- Calling upon the Lord doesn’t save you IF YOU DON’T BELIEVE ON HIM.
Someone who doesn’t believe can’t just say: “Lord, please save me.”
- That’s not calling upon the Lord because the Lord doesn’t hear if you don’t believe.
- He won’t answer with the GIFT OF GOD unless you believe.
- It’s not that action you take with your mouth, it’s the belief you have from your heart.
 Genesis 4:26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.
- Look at that. From Genesis Chapter 4 people began to call upon the name of the Lord.
- And you can know the people who called upon the Lord were SAVED.
 Genesis 12:8 And he (Abram) removed from thence unto a mountain on the east of Beth-el, and pitched his tent, having Beth-el on the west, and Hai on the east: and there he builded an altar unto the LORD, and called upon the name of the LORD.
 Genesis 26:25 And he (Isaac) builded an altar there, and called upon the name of the LORD, and pitched his tent there: and there Isaac’s servants digged a well.
 2 Samuel 22:2-7 And he (David) said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; 3 The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence. 4 I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. 5 When the waves of death compassed me, the floods of ungodly men made me afraid; 6 The sorrows of hell compassed me about; the snares of death prevented me; 7 In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.
 1 Chronicles 16:8 Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.
 1 Chronicles 21:26 And David built there an altar unto the LORD, and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings, and called upon the LORD; and he answered him from heaven by fire upon the altar of burnt offering.
 Job 27:10 Will he delight himself in the Almighty? will he always call upon God?
 Psalm 17:6 I have called upon thee, for thou wilt hear me, O God: incline thine ear unto me, and hear my speech.
 Psalm 18:3 I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
 Psalm 18:6 In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.
 Psalm 31:17 Let me not be ashamed, O LORD; for I have called upon thee: let the wicked be ashamed, and let them be silent in the grave.
 Psalm 50:15 As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me.
 Psalm 86:5 For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee.
 Psalm 99:6 Moses and Aaron among his priests, and Samuel among them that call upon his name; they called upon the LORD, and he answered them.
 Psalm 116:13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.
Take The Cup Of Salvation And Be Saved Today
- The cup of salvation is given once you believe on the name of the LORD to save you.
- The cup of salvation is believing. You cannot call upon the LORD unless you BELIEVE.
 Psalm 118:5 I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place.
 Isaiah 12:4 And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.
 Isaiah 55:6-7 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
 Jeremiah 29:11-13 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
 Lamentations 3:55 I called upon thy name, O LORD, out of the low dungeon.
 Lamentations 3:57 Thou drewest near in the day that I called upon thee: thou saidst, Fear not.
 Zephaniah 3:9 For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.
 Romans 10:12-13 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
God Doesn’t Save People Based On Race
- Look at that. God doesn’t care who you are. He doesn’t care if you’re Jew or Greek.
- He says WHOSOEVER calls upon His name shall be saved.
- And again, you can’t call upon Him unless you first believe.
 1 Corinthians 1:1-3 Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother, Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
- God can also reject people when they call upon His name BECAUSE THEY CANNOT BELIEVE.
- People who continue to reject God can become rejected by God.
- People who won’t believe what God says and reject Him over and over again can become rejected by God.
- It’s time to believe what God says in His Bible.
 Proverbs 1:22-33 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you. Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD: They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof. Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices. For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them. But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.
 Jeremiah 10:25 Pour out thy fury upon the heathen that know thee not, and upon the families that call not on thy name: for they have eaten up Jacob, and devoured him, and consumed him, and have made his habitation desolate.
 Psalm 53:4 Have the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread: they have not called upon God.
 Psalm 79:6 Pour out thy wrath upon the heathen that have not known thee, and upon the kingdoms that have not called upon thy name.
- Do not reject GOD over and over again.
- If you continue to reject Him, He says He will not answer you when you need Him.
- He says you did not choose Him, and you did not fear Him.
- God says He will then laugh at your calamity (misery). God is a serious God and He doesn’t play games.
- He will laugh at you because He will reject you. He will do what He says.
- So you better do what He says, and you better fear Him. Call upon His name today by first believing.
Faith Is All You Need To Be Saved
Belief or faith in God is all that you need to be saved. It takes nothing else. The Bible says so.
- God has made this very simple for us, and yet we continue to reject the way that He has made for us.
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ is simple and easy to understand.
- All you have to do is place your faith in Jesus Christ, and you will be saved.
 Genesis 15:6 And he (Abraham) believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
- Abraham’s righteousness was due to him believing in the Lord.
- There were no works that Abraham did that made him righteous. It was simply his belief in the Lord.
- Abraham was justified by faith alone and not his works (willingness to sacrifice his son, circumcision, etc).
 Romans 4:1-5 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
- King David was saved the same way as Abraham was saved.
- This happened the exact same way long after the law of Moses was given.
- This is the same way we are saved today.
 Romans 4:6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
- Both Abraham and King David were saved by faith alone without works.
- Again, we are saved in this same way. God doesn’t change.
 Romans 4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
- Righteousness was added to Abraham and David from God.
- God is the only one who can add this righteousness to you. You cannot work for it or do it on your own.
- There is not one good person in this world. One sin means you have broken all of the law.
- This means there is no good person as all have sinned.
- God is the only one who can add righteousness to you.
- And this righteousness is only added unto you through faith alone.
 Romans 4:23-25 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed (attributed) to him; But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
- Romans isn’t the only book of the Bible that teaches this.
 Galatians 3:6-14 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham. For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
- The book of Psalms tells us that David was saved through his belief on the LORD.
 Psalm 116:10-13 I believed, therefore have I spoken: I was greatly afflicted: I said in my haste, All men are liars. What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.
You Must First Believe Before You Can Call Upon The Name Of The Lord
- In order to call upon the name of the Lord, you must first believe.
- The book of Corinthians tells us that we are all saved in the EXACT same way as King David.
- The verses below are a reference to Psalm 116 that we just read.
 2 Corinthians 4:13-14 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.
- No one deserves to go to heaven. This is called the grace of God.
- God gives us the greatest GIFT that we don’t deserve.
- That grace and that gift is only added to you AT THE MOMENT you believe what God tells you in His words.
- Everyone who has ever entered into the gates of heaven only gained access through the grace of God.
- That grace is ALWAYS added through faith.
 Genesis 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
- NEVER let any man deceive you and force a false Gospel into your mind.
- Once you know and understand the True Gospel of Jesus Christ, you will easily recognize ANY false teaching and ANY false gospel.
- A works based salvation is a false teaching and a false gospel.
- There is absolutely ZERO power behind a false gospel.
- People who accept a false gospel will go straight to hell. You don’t want to do that.
- No man will ever be saved by his own works.
If you don’t TRUST what the Bible says, then you’ll believe that YOU NEED TO WORK in some way for your salvation WHICH GOD CALLS A GIFT.
- Repenting of sin is a work.
- Feeding the homeless is a work and many times not even a good work (we should help poor people and not lazy people… not all homeless people are lazy but many are).
- Asking God for forgiveness of your sin is a work. Going to church is a work. Praying to God is a work.
- Being baptized is a work. None of these “works” will gain you access to heaven.
- The greatest of all works will NEVER gain you access to heaven.
- First, you need your ticket into heaven through faith alone.
- Once you have that ticket, then you can do all the great works that you want because these will gain you rewards in heaven.
- Great works will get you nothing if you don’t have that ticket into heaven.
 Jonah 3:10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.
- The book of Jonah clearly tells us that repenting of sin is work in the eyes of God.
- Works will NEVER get you into heaven.
- Many so-called Christians will say that people on their death bed cannot be saved because they aren’t able to be baptized in the water.
- Think of someone who can’t walk and is close to dying and finally wants to BE SAVED.
- They fully trust in Jesus to save them. They believe on the LORD JESUS CHRIST.
- They can rest easy knowing they are saved because the Bible says so. So-called Christians tell those people there’s no hope.
- They will make excuses or use dispensations to say the thief on the cross doesn’t count.
- They will invent fairy tales to justify their very own false beliefs.
 Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
 Matthew 7:21-23 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
- Jesus Himself tells us that the people who do many wonderful works but NEVER believed on the Son of God as the SAVIOR will NEVER enter into heaven.
- Jesus says He will tell those people that He NEVER knew them.
- Those people were NEVER saved and NEVER received the gift of eternal life. Eternal life never ends.
- Once Jesus knows you, He knows you. Works will not get you into heaven. This is what the Bible says.
- Faith stands alone and gets you into heaven.
- Good works aren’t good works unless they are done in FAITH!
Good Works SHOULD Follow But Aren’t Required For Salvation
To perfect that faith you have, good works should follow. But they are not necessary to gain the gift of eternal life.
- You can’t earn a gift. To perfect faith, good works should be done, but faith will always stand alone.
- Faith without works is dead (it profits no one else but you). Faith stands alone.
- Faith isn’t growing without works, but it’s still there. A dead tree is not growing, but it’s still there.
- It’s still a dead tree, and it’s still there. Faith in God gets you eternal life that never ends.
- Faith without works gets you into heaven, but gets you no rewards in heaven.
- Once you have faith, you immediately receive that gift! It’s an eternal gift meaning it NEVER ends!
 James 2:14-26 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
- God knows whether or not you believe. Man cannot see your belief.
- You are only justified to man through your works. A man can only see your works and not your belief.
- In front of man, you are only justified by your works.
- You have no idea what a man truly believes by looking upon that man.
- You can only see his actions and his works.
- If you believe and have good works, your faith is made perfect because you are justified to both God and man.
- But the only justification that truly matters is the one that occurs before God.
- Faith gets you into heaven, and works get you rewards in heaven.
- Look at all the evidence for this throughout the entire Bible.
- The foundation for all people today who receive the gift of eternal life is Jesus Christ.
- Once you have accepted Jesus Christ the Son of God as your one and only Savior (not yourself in ANY way), you should start building on that foundation through good works.
 1 Corinthians 3:11-15 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is. If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
- If you don’t have the foundation of Jesus Christ, which means you are SAVED, then you can’t do good works.
- Your good works, if you are saved, will be passed through fire once you enter into heaven.
- If your works are good, they will not be burned up by the fire.
- You will receive rewards for those good works.
- If you don’t have any good works and only faith alone, you have already entered into heaven but you gain no rewards in heaven. But you made it!
Good works follow the gift of eternal life. You already have the gift that cannot be taken away.
- If you have no works, that gift of eternal life will NEVER be taken away. You already have it!
- Belief or faith in Jesus Christ gets you that gift. This gift cannot be lost because it’s eternal.
- Once you believe, you HAVE it. God will NEVER take it away.
Now, go do the good works God has asked us to do.
- Share the true Gospel of Jesus Christ with everyone you know.
- This is a work that will 100% pass through that fire.
- But, be ready because false gospels and false gods are everywhere.
- Religions have created these false gospels and false gods.
- You will be persecuted when you share the truth so be ready.
What Name Do You Call Upon?
- What name did Abraham and King David call upon to be saved?
 Exodus 6:2-3 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD: And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.
- Abraham called upon the name God Almighty. David called upon the name JEHOVAH.
- We call upon the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ the Son of God. Jesus Christ is God in the flesh.
 Psalm 83:18 That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.
 Isaiah 12:2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
 Matthew 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
- Now that Jesus Christ has been revealed in the Gospels, all must come through calling upon Jesus Christ the Son of God.
- If you do not believe on Jesus Christ, you do not believe what God is saying, and you are not following the way that God is giving you.
- You must believe in His sinless life, in His death, in His sacrifice, in His burial, and in His resurrection.
- You cannot deny the Son of God and believe what God is telling you.
 1 John 2:22-23 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: but he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
- In order to have the Father, you must believe on the Son.
- Believing on the Son of God is all you need to receive the gift of eternal life.
 John 3:17-18 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
- The name of the Son of God is Jesus. The name of God the Father is not Jesus.
- If you think that it is, you have a different Jesus.
- The Son of God was sent by the Father to be the ultimate sacrifice.
- And you can know that Jesus, the Son of God, got it done. The Father can trust the Son.
- He did because He knew He would get it done.
- Do not deny the Son of God who is THE ONLY Lord and Savior for you and I.
 John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
 1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
- God is telling us over and over again to believe on the name of the Son of God. His name is JESUS!
- The name of the Son of God is JESUS!
 Acts 4:10-12 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
- We must be saved by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
- Others may use the name of Jesus, but you better have the right Jesus.
- Don’t fall for the deception just because a religion uses the name of Jesus.
- It better be Jesus Christ of Nazareth. It better be the Son of God that God the Father sent.
- No one else will do. No one else has ANY power over life and death.
- Jesus Christ of Nazareth showed His power over life and death. No one else will do.
Do You Believe That Faith Alone Saves?
The verses that I have shown you to this point should be enough to show you that faith alone will save you and give you the gift of eternal life.
- But, for some, it might take much more.
- The following is a list of verses you should read to show you that all it takes is faith to be saved.
- Read the King James Bible only cover to cover over and over again, and you will see the truth come alive in the Bible.
- Don’t let people pick and choose verses and explain them in a way that doesn’t match with the entire Bible.
- You can know that the verses I have given you match up and align perfectly with the entire Bible.
This is why you MUST know the complete Bible from Genesis to Revelation.
- Study it with all that you have, and then you will find good success!
- Stop listening to man and religion, and start listening to God in the King James Bible.
- Burn everything else and listen to the Bible alone, or you may find yourself burning in hell.
 Deuteronomy 32:19-25 And when the LORD saw it, he abhorred (greatly hated) them, because of the provoking of his sons, and of his daughters. And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith. They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation. For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains. I will heap mischiefs upon them; I will spend mine arrows upon them. They shall be burnt with hunger, and devoured with burning heat, and with bitter destruction: I will also send the teeth of beasts upon them, with the poison of serpents of the dust. The sword without, and terror within, shall destroy both the young man and the virgin, the suckling also with the man of gray hairs.
 Habakkuk 2:4 Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.
 Matthew 9:2 And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.
 Matthew 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
- Notice that the disciples couldn’t heal here in this verse because of their unbelief.
- Were these same disciples saved?
- Yes, but sometimes we have moments, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, and even years of unbelief.
- But we’re already forgiven for those moments if we’re saved. Understand that today.
- It takes one NEW BIRTH of believing on Jesus Christ as your Savior to be saved.
 Matthew 21:21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.
 Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
 Mark 2:5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.
 Mark 5:34 And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.
 Luke 5:20 And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee.
- If you want forgiveness of sins, have faith in Jesus Christ. He’ll do what He says.
- And He’s giving us all of these examples in the Bible to show us that.
 Luke 7:48-50 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven. And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also? And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.
 Luke 8:48 And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.
 Luke 8:50 But when Jesus heard it, he answered him, saying, Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole.
 Luke 17:5-6 And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith. And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.
Ask God To Increase Your Faith
- If you want an increase in faith, ask God to increase your faith. Increasing faith, you better believe, is His will so guess what?
- If you’re serious about that request, God will answer your request.
 Luke 18:42 And Jesus said unto him, Receive thy sight: thy faith hath saved thee.
- What saves us? Faith saves us.
 Acts 3:12-16 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk? The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go. But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you; And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses. And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.
- People who have been healed, you better believe that it came from God alone.
- We do nothing of ourselves. Our faith comes through God.
- The Holy Spirit leads us to faith, and it’s our choice whether or not we’re going to believe on Jesus Christ.
 Acts 6:8 And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people.
 Acts 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
- Your heart is purified by faith.
 Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
- We are sanctified (past tense) by faith in Jesus Christ to save us.
- We are made HOLY once we put our faith in Jesus.
 Romans 1:5-7 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name: Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ: To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
 Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
- The just shall live by faith. Eternal life is given once faith in Jesus Christ takes place.
 Romans 3:22-31 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
- I want to repeat the part that says: “We conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.”
- We are saved through faith.
Can You Do Anything You Want Once You’re Saved?
- Does that mean we can go do anything we want and the laws and commandments from God are void or don’t matter any more?
- He says: “GOD FORBID.” We are saved through faith, but we are to continue following God’s rules.
 Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
- MUST you have works to be saved? Look at that verse.
- It says HIM THAT WORKETH NOT but BELIEVETH on HIM; HIS FAITH is counted for righteousness.
- Does this mean you shouldn’t do good works after you’re saved? God forbid.
- Of course we should do good works, but know, that you’re saved.
- Because you’re saved, you should want to do good works for God who saved you.
 Romans 4:9 Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.
 Romans 4:11-12 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also: And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.
- Abraham was saved before He did the works of the law.
- Abraham was saved before he was circumcised because he had faith before he was circumcised.
 Romans 4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
 Romans 5:1-2 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
- We can only access the grace of God through faith. We must have the grace of God to be saved.
- If God’s grace didn’t exist, we couldn’t be saved. But thank God for His grace.
- Grace simply means God gives us something we don’t deserve.
 Romans 9:30-33 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith. But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone; As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
- DO NOT fall for this same stumblingstone that this passage tells us about.
- It clearly says that Israel hat not attained righteousness because they were trying to gain it through the works of the law.
- This means for us today that circumcision, baptism, going to church, reading the bible, preaching the Gospel, helping the poor, repenting of sin, and other good works do not save us.
- Don’t believe that they will save you. Those works do not save you. You cannot save yourself.
The Works Of The Law Don’t Save You
What are works of the law? It’s anything YOU DO to keep God’s commandments.
- Are you doing everything God has commanded? Let me answer for you in case you’re deceived.
- No, you’re not. You can’t gain your way into heaven because you aren’t perfect.
- Admit that now and move onto Jesus Christ as your Savior.
- Give up YOUR WAY and accept the ONLY WAY God has given us. There’s only one way.
 Romans 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
 Romans 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
- Once you’re saved by grace through faith, we are not to be high minded. We aren’t better than others.
- We’re only saved through the grace of God. This means our fear of God better continue.
 Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
- If you’ve been listening and seeing all of these verses, you’ll probably realize that God has put in His Bible in every way imaginable that we’re saved through faith.
- Look at that verse again. And he that doubteth is damned if he eat BECAUSE he eateth NOT OF FAITH.
- For whatsoever is NOT OF FAITH is sin. Do you see that?
 Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
- After reading these verses like this one here, can you see how baptism and repenting of sin doesn’t save us?
- We don’t have to do those things to be saved. We only need faith on Jesus Christ to be saved.
- If we don’t have that, those works do nothing for us.
- We can be baptized and never had faith on Jesus and all that act of baptism did was get us a little wet.
- That’s it. Baptism doesn’t save us. That’s a work of the law because God commanded us to be baptized.
- Should we get baptized? Oh yes. Should we follow all commandments that God gave us? Oh yes.
- Should we be going out and preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ? Oh yes.
- With that, we’re going to end Part 1 of Faith Alone Saves. We’ll continue with Faith Alone Saves Part 2 another day.