The title of the sermon today is “FALSE GODS.”
Introduction To False Gods
This world today, the media, the people, the religions of the world, and even so-called “Christian” denominations, create a false god that they want.
- They make up their own Jesus. How do I know? I’ve done it myself. Not good.
- Religions of the world have taught people that Jesus will be whatever they need or want Him to be.
- We need to get it right.
- We need to make sure we have the right God and the right Jesus because God is a serious God.
- We need to understand that there are different gods and different Jesus’ that people will try to convince you are the same.
- People may use the name of Jesus, but it isn’t the same Jesus.
- We need to understand who the true God is, so we aren’t thrown around with every false teaching that we hear from man.
- When you know the ONE TRUE GOD, you’ll recognize false teaching immediately.
The Greatness Of The One True God
The ONE TRUE GOD is the Almighty Creator and Designer of ALL things.
- If you understand that, you’ll do what He says.
- He is all powerful meaning NO ONE has any kind of power over Him at all.
- With God, there are no power struggles. He is in control. Understand that.
- Imagine looking up as high and as far as you can.
- Imagine going through this roof, through the sky, through the clouds, into outer space, passing by stars, through galaxies, as far as you can imagine.
- And then realize how small you are. That’s how high God is in His ways compared to ours.
- Humble yourself before God. Fear God because He is God.
- Throughout this sermon, keep God’s GREATNESS in mind.
 Deuteronomy 10:17 For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:
- God is a GREAT GOD and a TERRIBLE GOD! You might say, “Terrible? Well, that can’t be right.”
- Oh yeah, that’s right. Terrible means He is frightful, dreadful, formidable.
- He will strike terror and solemn awe in the face of all humans BECAUSE HE IS GOD.
- We shouldn’t throw the word “GOD” around like it means nothing.
You see: the ONE TRUE GOD of MY BIBLE tells me exactly who He is and what He wants.
- His word is for you and for me to study.
- It’s not for someone else to read and study for us and tell us what it all means.
- All we need to do is read and study His word with everything that we have. We need to give it all we have.
- Then, and only then, will we understand God Almighty and who HE is.
We CANNOT depend on someone else to read and study for us.
- We cannot depend on Church to do everything for us.
- Jesus asks people directly in the Bible over and over, He asks: “Have ye not read?”
- You see: I don’t want THE Jesus to have to ask me that one day. And I hope you don’t either.
- When you know and understand God, you will fear Him, and you WILL read and study with everything that you have.
- The true God is a very serious God.
 2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
- This is a direct command and when a direct command comes from God, you better listen.
- He says to study His word to show yourself approved unto God.
- When you do, you won’t need to be ashamed when you stand in front of Him one day.
- You’ll know His word, and He’ll know that you know Him. If you don’t know Him, He won’t know you.
Jesus Christ As Our Leader And What That Really Means
- Jesus is OUR LEADER. HE is LORD. This means we do what HE WANTS.
- Jesus says go over there and we go over there.
- He says get back over here, we get back over here as fast as we can.
- We don’t just speak the words: “Jesus is MY LORD.” It’s not just talk. It’s action.
- We cannot serve two masters. Jesus is our master and a good one. Without Him, we are nothing.
- With that said, I’m here today for Jesus, and I am not trying to make anyone else happy but Jesus.
- Some of what I say today might be a little tough.
- If you get mad at what I say today, are you here for Jesus or for someone else?
- We better pay attention to what God says and do it.
How And Why To Conform To God
- We are to conform to the Bible and not to this world.
- If our beliefs and values don’t match the Bible, we better get to changing really quick.
- And I say this today because reading God’s word has led to constant changes in my beliefs.
- We shouldn’t be changing the word of God and the words of His Bible because they don’t match what we want them to be.
- I’m sure you agree with that statement, but why are all the so-called Bibles changing all the time?
- Why are there 500 different Bibles? Why do humans change the words of God?
 Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
- When we see that our beliefs don’t match the Bible, it’s time to conform and renew our mind.
- If we listen to the men and women of this world more than we read and study the Bible, we will change into what the world tells us we should be.
- And yes, I am including the wordly preachers on TV that the world loves because they make everyone happy.
- I am including all the “expert” commentaries on the Bible. Pay attention to what you’re reading.
God wrote His own words and didn’t say we need an expert commentary or some other book to go along with it.
- What God wants to see from us, are workmen who put everything we have into HIS WORD.
- Not these other books and not these other men and women.
- Let’s be a church in which each and every member is a workman in the word of God.
- That would delight the Lord Our God, and that’s what we want.
- God’s word is perfect. Read that, study that, and you will conform to what God wants you to be.
- Don’t go against God. You’ll lose because HE IS GOD.
 Isaiah 64:8 But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.
- Do you want to be the work of God’s hand or not? Allow Him to shape you OR don’t.
- Follow the Bible or don’t. I’m gonna follow the Bible and be a workman.
- You can come with me or not. I want you to join me.
 Ecclesiastes 7:5 It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.
- The Bible will rebuke and correct you. I want God to correct me.
- I want Him to slap me silly if it gets me back on the right track. This is what we need.
- It’s not about OUR HAPPINESS.
- It’s about giving God what He wants.
- Do that, and then all things will work together for us because of the love that we have for OUR GOD.
- He is a good God, and He will take care of us when we love Him.
Your goal starting right now should be to read the Bible as many times as you can each year. Cut out the TV.
- Cut out the other trash, other books.
- Just 12 minutes a day of Bible reading will get you through the Bible once a year.
- 1 hour each day will get you through it 5 times a year.
- You might not understand it all the first time, but you’ll get there. Keep going. Be a workman.
Warning About The Word Of God
- So far, I don’t think I’ve made anyone mad yet. But now, it’s gonna get a little tougher.
- But know, that I myself have done all these things that are coming up next.
- If there’s one who has offended God more than anyone, it’s me. So know that before you get mad today.
- We look to God to correct us and to change our ways.
#1 Attacks On The One True Bible
- Jesus says: “He who hath ears, let Him hear.” So hear this today.
- I want you to think about planting bad seeds in children. You know, the little ones, as Jesus says.
- Think about telling them that they can’t understand the Bible (and especially the King James Bible which is attacked the most).
- This same seed was probably planted in you as a child or an adult.
- This is one of the reasons you don’t read your Bible like you should. Think about that. It’s true.
It happened to me, and it’s happened to you.
- We spread this lie (not purposely but without thought) that the Bible is too difficult to understand.
- So, we say: “We’ll get you a different Bible with all the words changed so you can better understand what God is saying.”
- The Bible is THE one and only Book written by God, and we tell people it’s too difficult to understand.
- That’s a lie that WILL stop people from reading the Bible. It’s a seed that continues to sprout and grow.
- Think about that lie for a second.
What we’re really saying is God is too dumb to give us a Bible that we can all understand.
- This is the ALMIGHTY CREATOR we’re talking about! The infinite, all powerful, all knowing God.
- We’re saying He can’t understand.
- We’re saying God doesn’t understand the brain that He designed and created.
- He didn’t know that our world would be so different today.
- That WE need to change all of HIS words so people can understand.
We’re saying: We need to “TEACH” God how to get His words right.
- That WE need some “smart people” to correct God’s words for Him.
- We spread horrible lies like this that come from an evil place without thinking. We’ve got to start thinking.
- We need to watch every word that comes from our mouth.
- God’s understanding of all things FAR surpasses the combined understanding of ALL humans that were ever created by an infinite amount.
- God knows our brain. Children are amazing in what they can learn and pick up things with ease.
- Don’t tell children they can’t understand the Bible.
- Tell them it gets easier and easier when they read it more often. Don’t plant those bad seeds.
#2 God’s Words Don’t Need To Change At All
If I gave you 500 different books that all used different words, different sentences, and different lengths, would you tell me they all said the exact same thing? Of course not.
- You can’t say that 500 different Bibles say and mean the same thing. Many verses are completely missing.
- Some words are changed to totally different meanings.
- If you think that 2 different Bibles say the same thing, then why are they different!
- Think about that. If you want to cause confusion within the Church, what would you do?
- You would change God’s words. God doesn’t need 500 ways to say what He means. He needs ONE.
My King James Bible comes from an entirely different text than other corrupted bibles so they can’t say the same thing.
- And YES, I’m talking about this today because it NEEDS to be talked about and we need to get it right.
- We need to make sure we’re reading God’s Word.
- My Bible never contradicts because it is the true word of God.
- Nothing is missing. Nothing is changed. There is no confusion.
I’ll give you just one STRONG example TODAY that I hope with everything I have changes your mind and shows you 100% without a doubt that the Bibles are not the same.
- There are thousands upon thousands of examples of significant changes to the one true Bible.
- Why do God’s words need to be changed?
- When we allowed some words to be changed, then it’s okay to just keep changing it as much as we want.
- That’s what the world today is doing.
- God doesn’t need our help getting His words right.
Please turn to Acts 8:36 in your Bible. I’ll give you a minute to get there. Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts.
- 5th book in the New Testament.
- I want you to see this, and then you can tell me if the different Bibles we have here today say the same thing.
 Acts 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
- Philip has been teaching this man the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He’s been teaching him about Jesus.
- The next verse, verse 37, is completely removed from the huge majority of other bibles because they are based on corrupted text.
- When verse 37 is removed, the man is baptized with his question never being answered.
- It’s like there’s no requirement to be baptized.
You see: This matches the Catholic method of baptizing infants because infants don’t believe in Jesus Christ (they don’t have the ability to believe).
- It’s the same religion whose pope called Jesus a failure, who worships the human mother of Jesus and calls her the Mother of God, and who thinks good works get you into heaven.
- God doesn’t leave this question unanswered: What must I do to be baptized?
- This is not a trivial question. It’s an important question.
 Acts 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
- Now which one sounds like the God of the Bible that you know?
- The one that has no requirement for baptism OR the one that tells you that you MUST believe on Jesus Christ to be baptized?
- It’s rather simple and easy to see. Will you see the difference today?
This is just one example, but that should be enough. If you’re okay with people changing God’s words, then keep using those other “bibles.”
- You might say: well, it’s in my footnotes. Why was it moved to your footnotes?
- That sounds like a pretty important teaching from the Bible.
- There are complete verses with words straight from Jesus taken out of all these bibles.
- You see: Me? That makes me angry that people take out God’s words.
- If that makes me angry, what do you think God is?
- If all these Bibles were the same, they wouldn’t be different.
- It’s obvious they don’t say the same thing after just one example. Don’t make Satan’s job easy.
- Satan laughs at us and how easy it is to deceive us.
 Rev 22:18-19 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
- My Bible shows me that God is a serious God. He doesn’t take it lightly when people change His words.
- He doesn’t play games. God doesn’t say it’s okay to change His words!
- The King James Bible uses about 6,000 English words. Shakespeare uses about 21,000 English words.
- The King James Bible averages 1.31 sylllables and 3.97 letters per word.
- This puts it in the same category as children’s books.
- It gets pretty easy to understand after a few times through it.
Be a workman when it comes to the word of God. I’ll take my two-edged sword to battle with me.
- And this isn’t a joke. I don’t want a plastic spoon for battle. I want a two-edged sword.
- Read the King James Bible for a year and see the difference. I’ve been there. HUGE difference.
- You’ll realize THIS is the word of God.
#3 God Is Love
- Next, I want to talk about this false teaching that God is only love all the time (the wordly definition of love), and that He is accepting of all things and all people.
- The world NOW thinks you can do whatever you want, and God will always love you.
- This false teaching is misleading people and sending them to hell.
- This fake love of the world tells us that we should love everyone and accept everything.
- The Bible gives us God’s definition of love. God created love and is love.
- He has THE authority to define love.
 Romans 12:9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor (greatly hate) that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.
- Don’t let love be fake. In order to love with God’s love, you MUST hate that which is evil and cleave to that which is good.
- If you don’t hate evil and wickedness, then you do not have love.
- You might have the fake and made up “love” of this world, but you don’t have real love DEFINED by God Himself.
- When you understand this, the Bible begins to make perfect sense and the Old and New Testament are in perfect harmony.
Since we’ve all heard so much from the world about love, you might be thinking: “Well that can’t be right! We aren’t supposed to hate anything. We’re Christians. We shouldn’t hate. Love all things and everyone.”
- This is false love. This isn’t a gray area in the Bible.
- It’s perfectly clear throughout the entire Bible from Genesis to Revelation.
- We are to hate evil, wickedness, and the wicked and evil person too.
- If you know your Bible from start to finish, you’ll know that you are to hate evil.
- Paul, Amos, King David, King Solomon the wisest human to ever live, John, Moses, Zechariah, Hosea, Malachi, Ezra, and Jesus Himself tells us to hate evil and wickedness.
- So either the world is lying to us or the Bible is lying to us. God cannot lie.
 Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
- A froward mouth is one that repeats anything without knowing if it aligns with the Bible, the Truth.
- Any mouth that teaches something different than the Bible is a froward mouth and one that we are to hate.
- We need to get this right.
- We should never become like the Pharisees and tell Jesus He isn’t right because His words don’t match what the world tells us is right.
 Revelation 2:6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.
- You might say: “Well, we are supposed to love the sinner and hate the sin.”
- That quote is from Mahatma Ghandi. It’s not in the Bible. Here’s what’s in the Bible:
 Psalms 5:4-6 For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee. The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity. Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the Lord will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.
- God hates workers of iniquity. People who work against Him and His word, he hates.
- God is God and we aren’t. What He says, goes. I don’t want God’s hatred upon me.
- We can read His word and follow it or NOT.
- If you don’t fear God, you don’t hate evil. If you fear God, you’ll hate evil.
- You might be thinking: “Well, I’m still gonna love everyone and help everyone I can.”
- Okay, go ahead. Do what you want. Go against God’s word and see what happens.
 2 Chronicles 19:1-2 And Jehoshaphat the king of Judah returned to his house in peace to Jerusalem. And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him, and said to king Jehoshaphat, Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the LORD.
- King Jehoshaphat was helping the ungodly and loving those who hated the Lord.
- Because of this, WRATH from before the Lord is upon Him. Don’t love those people who HATE the Lord!
- You can, but you better be ready to receive the WRATH of God.
 James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? Whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
- Do NOT love like the world says to love. Love like the Bible says to love.
 Psalm 26:5 I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked.
- You might say, well what about loving your enemies? Pay attention to what the Bible says in these verses:
 Matthew 5:43-44 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love YOUR enemies, bless them that curse YOU, do good to them that hate YOU, and pray for them which despitefully use YOU, and persecute YOU; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
- You are always supposed to love your (NOTICE the Bible says YOUR) enemies.
- Many enemies of God will be very nice to you and talk to you and be friends with you UNTIL they learn that YOU follow the God of the Bible.
- Then, they will hate you. This is because they hate God. They aren’t YOUR enemy, but God’s enemy.
- Their problem is with God and not you.
King David is a perfect example of loving your enemies.
- King Saul and his own son Absalom were David’s enemies as Saul was trying to kill him and Absalom was trying to overthrow King David.
- And yet, David loved HIS enemies with everything that he had. But do you know who David didn’t love?
- Goliath. He hated GOD’S enemies because they were evil and wicked.
- There is a righteous hatred and a righteous anger. Is most hatred righteous in our world? No.
- Is most anger righteous in our world? No. But, there is a righteous anger and a righteous hatred.
God doesn’t accept and love everyone no matter what.
- He has loved (past tense) the world and all people at some point, but you must believe what He says to continue in His love.
- We need to share the truth with people. That God hates, that God has anger, that God has wrath.
- When anger comes from God, you better believe it’s an anger like you’ve never seen.
- So do what He says to do.
#4 Nothing Bad Comes From God
The next false teaching that creates a false God that I want to talk about is nothing “bad” comes from God.
- This is true because anything that God does is good.
- But, when people hear this they think and believe that God doesn’t punish you, that God doesn’t send evil things your way, that God doesn’t send you to hell.
- Would you call hell a bad thing for people who aren’t saved? Yes, of course.
 Revelation 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
- Jesus loves you if He knows you. If you believe on Him, you’re one of His.
- Jesus will rebuke and punish His people for doing wrong here on Earth, in this life, if you continue to do wrong (just as a good father corrects his children).
- He says change your way and do it fast or the punishment is coming.
 Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
- God says He creates evil.
- He sends enemies upon His people to punish and correct them when they go against Him.
- He does this all throughout the Bible over and over again. This is no gray area.
 1 Samuel 16:14 But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.
- God sent an evil spirit from the Lord to Saul.
- Let me read you this about Elisha and tell me that God doesn’t punish wickedness no matter its form.
 2 Kings 2:23-24 And he went up from thence unto Beth-el: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
- God doesn’t put up with wickedness. He knows each and every wicked child and adult.
- God is no respecter of persons. Wicked is wicked.
#5 Being Ashamed Of The Word Of God
- Next, I want to talk about being ashamed of the word of God.
- Are you worried God’s word might offend someone?
- If you are, then you DO NOT fear God BUT instead the people of this world.
- What we need is the FEAR OF GOD. And the Bible will put the fear of God into you.
 Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
- I want to talk about some of the Bible that people are most ashamed of because the world will crucify you.
- But I tell you today: I’m not scared and you shouldn’t be either. God is on our side.
- I fear no one but God. If God is for us, who can be against us?
 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
- If you don’t like that, don’t get mad at me. I didn’t write it. You can get mad at God and call Him a liar.
- You see: if His words are not clear enough, the verse right before those says: “God is NOT the author of confusion.”
- YET, people come up with excuses for God’s words and tell people that God didn’t mean that.
- That’s the definition of being ashamed of God’s words and trying to change them.
- You might say, “Well that can’t be right. That’s sexist.” Alright, I’ll let you tell God that He’s wrong.
But men, don’t get all high and mighty. Instead, listen to those verses.
- Your wife is to be learning the Bible from you. You are commanded to teach your wife.
- You can’t teach her if you don’t know your Bible. You better get to it, and you better get to it now.
- God doesn’t care your age or how busy you are.
- Do you want to be ashamed in front of Jesus because you didn’t do what He said?
 1 Timothy 2:11-12 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
- Women preaching to men in CHURCH goes against the word of God.
- If you want to go against the word of God, you have no idea what you’re getting yourself into.
- We are all to PREACH the GOSPEL outside of Church – both men and women with everything that we have!
- God set His purpose for men and His purpose for women. Men aren’t better than women.
- Women aren’t better than men. But, we ALL have our purpose that God set for us.
- You wouldn’t use a shovel to cut down a tree, and you wouldn’t use a chainsaw to dig a hole.
- It won’t turn out very well. Do what God says, and ALL things will work together for good.
 Mark 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
- Jesus does not lie. If you are ashamed of His words, He will be ashamed of you.
#6 A Different God And A Different Jesus
- Next, I want to talk about different gods and different Jesus’.
- There are thousands of Christian denominations.
- Do you think the God of the Bible is the same God for all of those denominations?
Jehovah’s Witness created their own Bible and other books. Mormons made their own books.
- Catholics made their own. Judaism made their own books. Oneness Pentacostals made their own.
- Seventh Day Adventists made their own. And the list goes on and on.
- We don’t need other books to understand the Bible.
- If you were Satan, wouldn’t you get people to believe in another Jesus? Use other books and other Bibles?
- This started way back in Paul’s days.
 2 Corinthians 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
- So we better get to know OUR GOD better because false gods are all around us.
- If someone prays: “Father, thank you for dying on the cross for me.”
- Is this the same god as the one in the Bible? God the Father didn’t die on the cross.
- The Father sent the Son, Jesus, to die on the cross.
This Oneness Pentacostal religion believes that the name of God the Father is Jesus and that Jesus, the Son of God, doesn’t exist separate from the Father.
- They don’t understand the ONE TRUE GOD exists in three persons.
- They miss this throughout the entire Bible. God tells us who He is on the very first page of the Bible when He says: “Let US make man in OUR image.”
- Plural. Not singular. This is NOT the same God and the same Jesus of my Bible.
Seventh Day Adventists believe that Michael the Archangel is Jesus Christ because they trust in their prophetess Ellen G White.
- They treat her writings as they are straight from God. They also believe they never sin.
- When I asked them multiple times if Jesus was conceived of the Holy Ghost, they wouldn’t answer as the Bible clearly states that He was.
- This is NOT the same God and the same Jesus of my Bible.
- False gods exist like they did in the days of Moses. It’s tricky, and it toes the line between right and wrong.
- If you aren’t STRONG in the Bible, if you don’t study to show yourself approved unto God, if you don’t know your Bible, you will be tossed here and there with all of the false teaching.
 Ephesians 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
#7 False Gospels Of Jesus Christ
- Next, I want to talk about false gospels.
- If any part of the Bible disagrees with any gospel that you hear, then it’s a false gospel.
- And these false gospels are everywhere throughout these denominations and religions.
- The true Gospel of Jesus Christ is the one that we must believe in order to receive the gift of eternal life from God.
- All false gospels DO NOT have the power of God behind them because they are FAKE and straight from Satan.
- So WE better make sure we have the right one.
A false gospel teaches that you must repent of your sins to be saved. I want to show you why this is a false gospel.
- This is NOT a gray area in the Bible. It’s very clear throughout.
- The word repent and all similar uses of the word like repented and repentance are used exactly 105 times in the King James Bible.
- The exact phrase: “Repent of your sins” is never in the Bible.
- When repenting of sins is done, it’s never to give you the gift of eternal life.
The Book of John (an amazing book) is written so people might believe on the name of Jesus Christ and be saved.
- That’s the purpose of the Book of John. When God has a purpose, you better believe He gets it done.
- If something you believe doesn’t agree with the entire Bible in every spot, you have it wrong.
- The word repent is not found in the book of John one time. That alone should give you a clue.
- Jesus Himself tells us over and over to believe on Him, and you shall be saved. Jesus speaks truth.
What does repent mean? Most people automatically associate repent with repent of your sins.
- They aren’t the same thing. Does repent mean to turn from your sin?
- If people take it as having to turn away from sin (to stop sinning) to be saved, this is completely false and sending people to hell.
- When you tell someone they have to stop sinning before they can be saved, you’re telling them they can never be saved.
Let’s say someone wants to be saved but is addicted to drugs.
- Are you gonna tell that person to come back in a few months after they have stopped using drugs?
- This is sending people to hell because that person will most likely never be back.
- They came for help, and we turned them away from Jesus.
- We should be doing GOOD WORKS by giving that person the true Gospel.
- The one that says to believe on the name of Jesus and you shall be saved.
- Then, the Holy Spirit will take care of the rest. The Holy Spirit has THE POWER to heal that person of the drug addiction.
 Romans 10:13-14 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
- Now, if you say you must repent and believe the Gospel, this is Biblical.
- This means change your mind and start believing what God tells you.
- Changing your mind is very easy to do and takes no work at all. It’s quick and easy.
- The word repent does not automatically mean repent of your sins.
- The difference may seem small but in reality it’s HUGE and has kept so many people from receiving eternal life.
This is how satan works with his deception. He’s very tricky and his tricks lead people to hell.
- The Bible says that repenting of sin is a WORK.
- And the Bible clearly states that salvation has nothing to do with our works.
 Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved (past tense) through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
- Grace means you get something you don’t deserve.
- Faith means to believe.
- Not of yourselves means it ONLY depends on Jesus.
- Gift of God means YOU don’t work for it as it’s a gift.
- Not of works means NOT OF WORKS.
You might say: “Well, where in the Bible does it say that repenting of sins is a work?”
- You’ll find that where you might never expect it to be, which is why the Bible is so very awesome.
- Jesus tells us to search the scriptures. Be a workman.
 Jonah 3:10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.
- Repenting of sin is a work. God repented and changed his course of action.
- God repents and He does not sin.
- If you don’t have the true Gospel of Jesus Christ, HE WILL THROW YOU INTO HELL because there’s no power behind a fake gospel.
 Psalm 119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.
- Jesus, the Son of God, is the only way to heaven. Every other way is a false way.
- God doesn’t play games. He doesn’t say: “Well, you almost had it right. You were close. You tried. Almost counts.”
- No, you better get it right.
We need to come together and receive the TRUE Gospel of Jesus and spread HIS GOSPEL to people who don’t know.
- And let me tell you, just around this area, it’s a whole lot of people.
- We MUST stop listening to every man and woman of this world and start listening to God in HIS BIBLE.
- That includes commentaries from the “scholars” and “scribes” and the “Pharisees” of this world.
- We need to get rid of all of that and carry this ONE BOOK around called the word of God.
- That’s all you need.
Let’s teach and preach the word of God to this world. Get rid of the word of man. Burn it.
- When you understand the true Gospel of Jesus Christ, mysteries within the Bible are unlocked.
- It’s pretty amazing. And you’ll begin to love His word and want to read it all day long.
- That’s called the Holy Spirit within. Test this.
- When reading the Bible, if someone in the Bible believed God it is counted to Him for righteousness.
- That person is saved. They might mess up and get punished by God, but they are going to heaven. Test it.
- Try it out when you’re reading the Bible. You’ll see. Look at King Saul to start.
- You see: repenting of sins doesn’t save you. Repenting of sins will never grant you the gift of eternal life.
- You might say: “Well, give me an example from the Bible.” Okay.
 Matthew 27:3-5 Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that. And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.
- Judas killing himself didn’t send him to hell. The unbelief on the name of Jesus is what sent him to hell.
- Judas Iscariot repented of his sin and he ended up in hell because of his unbelief in Jesus.
 John 6:64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
- In contrast, the thief on the cross called upon the name of the Lord and was saved instantly.
- He didn’t have time to correct all of his sin and to turn from it and to do any works.
- He didn’t have time to be baptized.
- Baptism is a work and a good work that we should do, but baptism doesn’t save you.
 Luke 23:42-43 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
- It doesn’t take long to be saved. And it’s not difficult. You can do it right now.
- Simply change your mind and believe 100% on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- He is the ONLY one with POWER to save you from death and hell.
- This is not a gray area in the Bible. It’s completely clear.
- The Bible answers the question directly: “What must I do to be saved?”
 Acts 16:30-31 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
- Believe on Jesus and you are forgiven of all your sins (past, present, and future).
- A God that cannot lie promises that you are saved.
- And that brings us to the last point of this sermon.
#8 Eternal Life
At the moment you believe on Jesus as YOUR SAVIOR, you HAVE eternal life.
- You can have it right now God says in HIS WORDS. Not mine. Those are HIS WORDS.
- My words have no power.
- God’s Words HAVE COMPLETE POWER like we don’t even understand that kind of power.
Do you think you can lose eternal life?
- Let’s say you do something really bad in the future, can you lose the gift of God?
- If you think you can lose it, you’re not listening to what God says!
- What’s the definition of eternal? It’s everlasting. This means it’s never ending. It doesn’t end at ANY time.
- God made this very easy to understand, and it took me 30 PLUS years to get it. But that’s okay.
- I got it now and that’s all that matters.
So if you do something really bad next week, do you lose this eternal gift from God?
- What about 10 years from now? You see: eternal is exactly what eternal means.
- If you could lose it because of something YOU do, then it’s not eternal and it depends on YOU.
- So, let’s get this straight because it’s kind of important.
- You know: It’s just where your soul will end up for eternity.
- The gift of eternal life does not depend on your works in ANY way.
- Rewards in heaven depend on your works but NOT your admission into heaven.
This is why the Gospel of Jesus Christ is GOOD NEWS! If it depends on us, none of us will make it.
- That’s not good news. Jesus did all the work for the gift.
- He paid for the gift, and now it’s yours if you would just take the gift. Why are we so stubborn?
- The true Gospel of Jesus Christ is just too simple and too easy for some of us stiffnecked people (that’s a word from Exodus 32).
- Take the gift. It’s simple and easy to believe.
The path is straight because Jesus is the ONLY way but it’s narrow because people just won’t take the greatest gift in existence.
- You see: all of these religions won’t trust in what God says.
- And yes, there are Christian churches all around us that won’t trust what God says.
- They think they have to work for eternal life. They think they have to be good people to get there.
- They think they have to stop living in sin and continuously ask for forgiveness.
They think they can lose the gift of ETERNAL life, gain it back when they do something good, lose it again, get it back, lose it again, get it back.
- The Bible NEVER says you can lose it! Will you trust what God says?
- He says believe on Jesus and you HAVE eternal life.
- Understand the gift of eternal life is 100% Jesus and 0% you.
- If you don’t believe that, you don’t believe what God says and have made God a LIAR.
- If you understand God, you don’t want to make God a liar.
- And yes, that’s a warning straight from God. Listen closely.
 1 John 5:10-13 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God HATH MADE HIM A LIAR; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
- Some of you might ask: “Well, what if someone stops believing on Jesus but they believed on him at one point in their life?”
- Is it possible to stop believing once you are sealed with the Holy Spirit? No.
- If you don’t think you’re safe, listen to this CLOSELY:
 John 10:28-30 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall ANY MAN pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. I and my Father are one.
- When Jesus says that NO MAN shall pluck you out of His hand once you are His, you better believe He means you too.
- You can’t get away from Jesus, and you definitely can’t get away from the Father.
- Do you think your will is stronger and more powerful than God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost?
- Of course not. He is GOD! And you aren’t.
- God purchased you. No one will steal you away from the Almighty God. The all powerful God.
- No one is any match for the ONE TRUE GOD.
- If you could lose it, it wouldn’t be good news.
- When God says something is good news, you better believe it’s good news.