The title of the sermon today is “FAMILY MATTERS.”
What Does The Bible Say About Family?
- Today, I want to see what the Bible says about family.
- We’ll talk about parents, children, family, and GOD today.
- By the end, I want you to understand how to handle every situation with family.
To start, what is family? Who is your family?
- The word family and families is in the Bible 297 times in 220 different verses.
- So it’s a big topic in the Bible, BUT I want you to see this today.
- Out of the 297 times the word FAMILY or FAMILIES is used in the Bible, there’s only ONE instance in the New Testament.
- So, let’s look at this today. Where’s the first occurrence of the word family or families?
- We’ll look to the Book of Genesis Chapter 10.
 Genesis 10:1-5 Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood. 2 The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras. 3 And the sons of Gomer; Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah. 4 And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim. 5 By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.
- Notice the word FAMILIES right there at the end of verse 5.
- Noah’s family included his sons: SHEM, HAM, and JAPHETH. They were on the ark with Noah.
- Nations were divided by their languages that they spoke, by their tongues, after their FAMILIES.
- So, obviously, we all have a PHYSICAL FLESHLY family.
- This is our parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, cousins, nieces, nephews, and so on.
- Remember, all throughout the Bible, it talks about a physical seed and a spiritual seed.
- Your flesh and blood family is your PHYSICAL family.
 Genesis 10:32 These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood.
- In Genesis Chapter 11, we learn about Shem and his family and his kindred.
- His “kinfolk” as we used to call it around here are discussed.
- And who does that lead to in Genesis Chapter 11? Abram. He is a descendant of Shem.
 Genesis 11:31 And Terah took Abram his son, and Lot the son of Haran his son’s son, and Sarai his daughter in law, his son Abram’s wife; and they went forth with them from Ur of the Chaldees, to go into the land of Canaan; and they came unto Haran, and dwelt there.
- Now, I want to show you something in Genesis Chapter 12.
- We’re coming up on another use of the word FAMILY so pay attention to where it comes up next.
 Genesis 12:1-3 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee: 2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: 3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
- God tells ABRAM to get up, get out of YOUR country, get away from your kindred, leave your father’s house, and go to this land that I will show you.
- Why? He tells ABRAM that “I WILL MAKE OF THEE A GREAT NATION.”
- And right there at the end of verse 3 is the part I want to focus on for this sermon.
- “AND IN THEE SHALL ALL FAMILIES OF THE EARTH BE BLESSED.”
- So, does it matter what nation you’re from? Does it matter what language or tongue you speak?
- Does it matter what color you are? GOD SAYS, “ALL FAMILIES OF THE EARTH SHALL BE BLESSED IN THEE!”
And why is that? Because Abraham starts a new family.
- All families of this earth don’t come from Abraham’s physical seed.
- Many do, but remember that Abraham came from Shem’s line.
- There were 2 others besides Shem that got off that ark.
- And there were many other generations between Shem and Abraham.
All Families Don’t Physically Come From Abraham’s Family
So ALL FAMILIES on this earth don’t physically come from Abraham’s family.
- So, what does this mean when God talks about families being blessed in Abraham?
- God is talking about Abraham’s SPIRITUAL seed who are all those who have FAITH.
- That means you have a new family once you’re SAVED by grace through faith.
 Romans 4:13-17 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. 14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect: 15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. 16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all, 17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.
- Once you’re saved, you’re born into the FAMILY OF GOD by FAITH.
- Abraham was SAVED by faith.
- So, you need to understand who your family is today.
- And you need to understand that you need to grow your new family.
Anyone is welcome to join God’s family, but they must believe on HIM to save them.
- For those who won’t, including your physical family who won’t believe, they aren’t your spiritual family.
- Understand that today. They might be your physical seed, but they aren’t spiritual seed of God.
- There’s new rules now for your spiritual family. And that’s what we’re talking about today.
So, now that we understand that, let’s look at the ONLY TIME the word family is used in the New Testament.
- Remember, 297 times in the Bible in 220 verses and ONLY ONCE in the New Testament.
- In other words, God is trying to tell us something about FAMILY in the Bible.
- We’ll look to the Book of Ephesians Chapter 3. I love this Scripture right here. It’s amazing. Listen.
 Ephesians 3:14-19 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
- Understand that ALL SAVED people, all of God’s family, are named family through FAITH in Jesus Christ.
- Bow your knees unto the FATHER of OUR LORD Jesus Christ.
- You need to comprehend HOW BIG the love of CHRIST is to you today. KNOW HIS LOVE.
- He wants you to be filled with HIS LOVE today. And we’re going to talk about what HIS LOVE means.
- And we’re going to see what that means for HIS FAMILY and for YOUR family.
- That’s your physical and spiritual family. What is loving them with God’s love.
- FAMILY MATTERS. Matters of the family. And your family does matter. So what’s best?
- What’s best is what God says is best. You can always count on that.
Don’t Let A Few Turn The Whole Family
We have to be careful in this world. Some people within families TURN the whole family to EVIL.
- There are all kinds of examples of that in the Bible. Why do you think they’re there?
- I can guarantee you that they’re there BECAUSE God wants us to see the examples.
- He wants us to learn from all of these examples.
- Before we hit some examples, I want you to see something. We just read this verse today.
 Genesis 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
- God shows us HIS true nature all throughout the Bible.
- He says, “Hey, if you have FAITH in me, I will BLESS YOU. If not, I WILL CURSE YOU!!!”
- In other words, God is perfect. His way is perfect. You don’t have a better way than God.
- Try to do things your way, they won’t work. Make sure you hear this. God’s way is the best way.
- Do you understand that today? Then let’s see God’s way in the Book of Leviticus.
- And remember I’m stepping through verses about FAMILY in the Bible.
- And let’s see if you’re way is different than God’s way. Let’s see what you think about God.
- And remember where we are in the Bible. We’re in Leviticus. God is giving us HIS RULES.
 Leviticus 20:1-2 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 2 Again, thou shalt say to the children of Israel, Whosoever he be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel, that giveth any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones.
- MOLECH is a false god. He represents all false gods in this passage of SCRIPTURE.
- False religions, false churches, false gods.
- If you’re saved, understand you represent the CHILDREN OF ISRAEL spiritually in this passage.
- If you do this act once you’re saved, this is talking to you. Once you understand that you’re saved and know the truth, this is talking to you.
- And look, GOD HIMSELF led me to teach this today. I didn’t intend to teach this.
- I wanted to teach about family and this is where SCRIPTURE leads me to today. It’s a warning.
So, what does this Scripture mean?
- Once you understand being SAVED, and you give your children over to any false gods, false religions, false preachers, it says right there:
- “HE SHALL SURELY BE PUT TO DEATH.” That’s pretty serious right there.
- “The people of the land shall STONE HIM with stones.”
If it’s already done, you didn’t know back then. I’ve done things that I didn’t understand.
- We’ve all done things that we regret. But NOW, it’s time to change our ways. We understand. We change.
- We can’t go back in time. But NOW, from this point on, we don’t do these things.
See You Later False Religion
For example, if my daughter meets a man who wants to marry her, and he is part of a false religion:
- I’ll run him away faster than you’ve ever seen. “Well, Dad, I hate you!!!”
- Hey, I DON’T CARE. You can hate me all you want. But God sure doesn’t.
- So don’t bring someone from a false religion home to me. You will NEVER be given over to that by me.
- Why? Because I now understand God and now understand HIS WORDS. His words are TRUTH.
Before I was saved, Yeah, I would have handed you over. “Whatever makes you happy, honey.”
- “You can always count on your Daddy for support.” Do you know what your life would turn into?
- DEATH. DEATH. DEATH. That’s not love my friends. That’s HATE.
- And yeah, look, this is tough. This is difficult to hear for all parents. But this is what GOD SAYS!!!
- Remember, the Bible brings sorrow and joy. It’s tough to read and hear some things.
- But guess what? Those things are the ones that help you the most. That’s love.
- Let’s hear what Jesus says today.
 John 16:20-21 Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy. 21 A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.
- Hearing this sermon today brings sorrow, brings pain, but joy is coming.
- When someone in YOUR PHYSICAL FAMILY changes their mind about God, it’s like a new born baby being born into this world.
- That’s what JESUS is teaching us right there. You might have PAIN AND SORROW right now.
- But keep working on those people. But you have to do it God’s way. Your way won’t work.
- Well, what is God’s way? We’re learning that today. By the end of the sermon, you’ll know.
 John 16:22-24 And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you. 23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. 24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
- Jesus says, “WHATSOEVER YE SHALL ASK THE FATHER IN MY NAME, HE WILL GIVE IT TO YOU.”
- I have sorrow today because of my physical family and my physical friends.
- Many of them are headed to hell right now at this point in time.
- Look at verse 24. Jesus says, “Have you asked the FATHER in my name?”
- He says, “HEY, ASK and ye shall receive.” Why? So your joy may be full.
- If you truly want your family and friends to come to Jesus, get on your knees and ask.
- If it’s God’s will, I guarantee you that GOD WILL DO ALL HE CAN for those people.
- But, look, it’s their choice. And if they don’t make it, you can know that God did everything He could.
You can help do your part by making the right decisions that lead them back to God.
- And it’s not going to be what YOU THINK IS BEST. It’s got to be done God’s way.
- And look what JESUS HIMSELF says next in John Chapter 16.
 John 16:25-26 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father. 26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:
- Look, Jesus says to ask. And He’ll pray the FATHER for you. And He will do what Jesus asks.
- Why would GOD THE FATHER do what Jesus asks and why would Jesus do what YOU ASK?
- There’s a very important part here that you don’t want to miss.
- If you want your prayers to be answered about your family, you better not miss this next part.
 John 16:27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.
- Jesus says I’ll pray the FATHER for YOU because why? “BECAUSE YE HAVE LOVED ME!!!”
- And what does that mean? Watch this in the BOOK OF JOHN just a couple chapters earlier.
 John 14:12-15 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. 15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
- Put it together today. If your prayers aren’t being answered, are you following HIS COMMANDMENTS?
- So, let’s learn what keeping HIS commandments mean today.
- It’s not what’s BEST FOR ME, MYSELF, AND I. It’s putting others first in GOD’S WAY. Not your way.
- Now, let’s go back to the Book of Leviticus and continue where we left off learning about family.
 Leviticus 20:2-3 Again, thou shalt say to the children of Israel, Whosoever he be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel, that giveth any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones. 3 And I will set my face against that man, and will cut him off from among his people; because he hath given of his seed unto Molech, to defile my sanctuary, and to profane my holy name.
- Look, don’t give away your children to SATAN who represents all the false gods and false churches.
- If so, that’s worthy of death the Bible says. I’m guilty of that. I took them to a false church.
- I’m worthy of death GOD SAYS. But I didn’t understand at the time because I wasn’t saved.
- I wasn’t of the SPIRITUAL SEED of ISRAEL. Now I understand. NO WAY WILL I EVER DO THAT AGAIN.
- Does any preacher teach any of this around here? Of course not. Why? They work for the enemy.
False Religions Profane God’s Holy Name
GOD SAYS, “I WILL SET MY FACE AGAINST THAT MAN, AND WILL CUT HIM OFF.”
- False religions DEFILE GOD’S SANCTUARY. They profane HIS HOLY NAME. Understand what that means.
- It’s not something small. If you’re understanding today, we better ask forgiveness in this AREA.
- Let me make this more clear for this area. I will make it CRYSTAL CLEAR TODAY.
- And if you don’t agree, whatever. Go for it then. Go up against God.
- CHURCH OF CHRIST. FALSE CHURCH. Why?
Here’s their steps to SALVATION:
- Hear the word. Believe the word. Repent of your sins. Turn from your sins. Confess your faith. YOU MUST BE BAPTIZED. You MUST remain FAITHFUL all your life to the VERY END.
- That’s the BIGGEST FALSE GOSPEL that you’ll ever find. Understand that today.
- If that were true, NO ONE WOULD EVER MAKE IT!!! That’s what they want. Satan’s happy with them.
- GOD HATES THE FALSE CHURCH OF CHRIST. Is that not crystal clear?
- JESUS doesn’t say that’s how to be saved. EVER. Not once does JESUS say that.
 John 6:47-48 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 48 I am that bread of life.
- Jesus says, all you need is me. “I AM THAT BREAD OF LIFE.” It’s not YOUR WORKS.
- It’s not YOU KEEPING YOUR FAITH EVERY SECOND OF EVERY DAY.
- It’s not your baptism. It’s not your repenting of sin. It’s not your works.
- So maybe I haven’t been crystal clear through all these sermons that I preach.
So let’s make it CRYSTAL CLEAR TODAY.
- Southeast Christian = Church of Christ Spin Off. FALSE GOSPEL. FALSE CHURCH. EVIL leaders.
- Shelby Christian = Church of Christ Spin Off. FALSE GOSPEL. FALSE CHURCH. EVIL leaders.
- And I’m telling you this SO you understand. You probably didn’t want to hear this today.
- This leads to difficult decisions. Why am I preaching this today? It’s for me too. Examples from my life.
- Oneness Pentecostals = FALSE RELIGION.
- Will you ever see me there EVER AGAIN in one of those churches?
- Will you see me come to a dedication of a baby in my family to a FALSE CHURCH?
- That’s EXACTLY like giving your seed UNTO Molech in the Book of Leviticus.
So, look, I don’t care who gets mad at me. All of you can get mad at me. All of you can HATE ME.
- I will NOT be a part of dedicating a BABY to a FALSE RELIGION AND A FALSE CHURCH.
- Let’s look into the future. Hey, look at this picture of your baby dedication 10 years ago.
- There’s all your family supporting you at your false religion. That tells the child it’s okay.
- You’re all supporting him and his false religion. He asks, “Where’s Josh?”
- “Oh, honey, he doesn’t support our church and says it’s a false religion.”
- The child thinks, “Oh, maybe my religion is false. Maybe I should read the Bible for myself and stop listening to false preacher man. Maybe I’ll call Josh and ask him about it.”
- I give him the REAL GOSPEL in this BIBLE, he believes it, and is saved immediately.
- That’s an example of what DOING THE RIGHT THING MEANS. Don’t be deceived.
The Bible Is Not Difficult To Understand
Is the Bible difficult to understand? No, it’s not.
- It doesn’t say what we want, so we want to make it difficult to understand.
- Well, I don’t really think they’re that bad. They believe in Jesus. Yeah, a false JESUS!!!
- It’s a false GOSPEL. There is no other way around it.
 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
- “Ye might well bear with him.” In other words, just go right along with him.
- Go right along and support that false preacher, that false church, that false religion.
- Go ahead. Choose that OVER God HIMSELF. Choose that over the APOSTLE PAUL.
- Paul says, “Hey, they are preaching another JESUS and you’re there supporting them.”
- That’s called BEING DECEIVED through that SUBTLE SERPENT.
- That’s called putting FAMILY ABOVE GOD. You better get this today. Family isn’t above God.
- If you aren’t doing what God asks, you aren’t loving your family.
 Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
- Is that not crystal clear? Is it okay to preach another gospel?
- Is it okay for Shelby Christian to LIE every week to my family? They’re sending them all to hell.
- I won’t support that. I’LL STAND ALONE IF I HAVE TO STAND ALONE.
- I’ll be labeled HATEFUL. I’ll be labeled EVIL by all the family. That’s fine with me.
- All of you can HATE ME. I will choose God. This is an example in my life. I won’t compromise ANY MORE.
- I know the truth, and I will not support a false church of ANY TYPE.
Now, look, if they had the Gospel right but had some of the other things wrong, they’re still saved.
- If they still believed in a pre-tribulation rapture but are saved, I would still go and support them.
- I would happily go and support them because they’re with God. But that’s the problem. They aren’t.
- If Galatians 1:8 isn’t clear enough, let’s see what Galatians 1:9 says.
 Galatians 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
- When God has to repeat something in back to back verses, you better listen.
- There is no other conclusion than that today. CHURCH OF CHRIST is a FALSE RELIGION.
- I can’t put any more crystal clear than that. They’re with MOLECH. They’re not with GOD.
- So, let’s head on back to Leviticus and realize today why no preacher preaches from Leviticus.
 Leviticus 20:4 And if the people of the land do any ways hide their eyes from the man, when he giveth of his seed unto Molech, and kill him not:
- So now, this verse is talking about the people who HIDE their eyes and act like they don’t see the man giving his seed unto MOLECH.
- “Oh, I didn’t really see that. I’m just going to ignore that.”
- It’s easy to do that. “Oh yes, I’ll be there for you to dedicate your baby to Satan’s false church.”
- Do you understand that false churches ALMOST sent me to hell? I could have died and went to hell.
- YOU could have died and went to hell. Is that okay with you?
- If you support a false church in ANY way, it’s saying “YEAH, it’s okay.”
- That’s what this verse is saying. So let’s see what happens when we do things like this.
 Leviticus 20:5 Then I will set my face against that man, and against his family, and will cut him off, and all that go a whoring after him, to commit whoredom with Molech, from among their people.
- That’s GOD ALMIGHTY speaking right there. He says, “THEN I WILL SET MY FACE AGAINST THAT MAN.”
- And then notice closely. Not just that man. HIS FAMILY TOO.
- God says, “I WILL SET MY FACE AGAINST THAT MAN AND HIS FAMILY.”
- I don’t want that to be YOU ALL. That’s why I’m preaching this today.
- I don’t want my children paying for things I do. I don’t want my parents paying for things I do.
- Do you want me to pay for things any of you do? I hope not. That’s GOD speaking.
God Will Set His Face Against You And Your Family
And then I want you to see this in verse 5 right there.
- And then HE’LL ALSO CUT OFF ANY that go a whoring AFTER than man.
- If that man who worships a false god leads others to commit whoredom as well, they’re cut off too.
- They’re kicked out from among God’s people.
- Do you see how this is serious stuff? If you’re saved and you participate in any of the things that were just listed, you can be cut off from the church.
- You can be cut off from God’s people who are SAVED people trying to tell you the truth.
- Why? Because they love you. I preach this today because I love you. Understand that.
 Galatians 4:9-11 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? 10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. 11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.
- These FOOLISH Galatians were adding works to salvation.
- The CHURCH OF CHRIST adds works to salvation and the BIBLE preaches against that from START TO FINISH. I grew up in the church. I understand what they teach PERFECTLY.
- It’s not a gray area. It’s THE number one most important teaching in all the Bible.
- You all know me. I work hard. That’s what Paul is saying here. He says, “Did I do all that in vain?”
- “Did you all not hear all the preaching I did to you? Did I labour in vain?”
 Galatians 4:12-13 Brethren, I beseech you, be as I am; for I am as ye are: ye have not injured me at all. 13 Ye know how through infirmity of the flesh I preached the gospel unto you at the first.
- Paul says, “Hey, I might have preached in vain and worked hard in vain but you didn’t hurt me.”
- I preached the GOSPEL to you.
 Galatians 4:14-15 And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus. 15 Where is then the blessedness ye spake of? for I bear you record, that, if it had been possible, ye would have plucked out your own eyes, and have given them to me.
- He says, “You all received what I said. You would have given me your very own eyes.”
- But watch what he says now. They don’t like his preaching any more.
 Galatians 4:16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
- In other words, don’t make me your enemy because I’m preaching the truth from God today.
- I want to continue in Leviticus Chapter 20 verse 6.
 Leviticus 20:6 And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.
- All the false churches and religions PREACH a familiar Jesus. He’s almost the same Jesus.
- But almost doesn’t count. The name is familiar. Their Jesus is an imitation. He’s not Jesus.
- Don’t go a whoring after them. If you do, GOD SAYS: “I will even set my face against that soul and will cut him off from among his people.”
Are You Supporting A False Church?
Here’s why it’s important. Let’s say you make a choice to support a false church.
- Let’s make this crystal clear today. Supporting is attending their church. It’s walking through the doors.
- “Well, I’m only doing for my parents, or children, or grandchildren. I’m not supporting the church.”
- WRONG. Yes you are. You attend. Others see. People take pictures. It’s support.
- It’s telling everyone else that it’s okay to continue going there. “We support you FALSE CHURCH.”
- “We support you false religion. I know the truth now but I’ll turn the other way and act like I didn’t do it.” And to show you it’s okay, I will be there to support you.
- And then, you influence others who know the Bible and know that it says not to go.
- You have them doubting themselves over what the Bible says. “Well, maybe I’m wrong.”
- You lead them to choose to go over choosing what God says.
As another example, your false church allows homosexuals to attend.
- Your false church says, “Well, whose going to tell them about our false Jesus?”
- “Whose going to save them? They need to hear it too.”
- So, again, false churches know better than God. God says to kick them out.
- He knows better. It’s pretty simple but kicking someone out of Church is tough.
- You might even be all over the news as a HATE CHURCH. You’re a HATE GROUP.
- Well, in reality, God says the opposite. Following HIS COMMANDS is love. That’s the definition.
Allow the homosexuals in and the other abominations in and you influence everyone else around.
- You’re telling everyone that it’s okay. You’re teaching your children that it’s okay to be that way.
- Make bad decisions that GO AGAINST GOD and you influence more than you might think.
- When you’re in MY FAMILY and you make decisions against the Bible, my children see it.
- They learn from you. And look, I can’t have that. And I won’t have it in my life.
- I’ll stand alone with the BIBLE in my hand if I HAVE TO. That’s what GOD is teaching in the BIBLE.
- So what does GOD say continuing in verse 7 of Leviticus Chapter 20?
 Leviticus 20:7 Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God.
- GOD says this. CLEAN IT UP today. BE YE HOLY. “I AM THE LORD YOUR GOD!!!”
- He says to SANCTIFY YOURSELVES. Then watch this in the next verse.
 Leviticus 20:8 And ye shall keep my statutes, and do them: I am the LORD which sanctify you.
- God says, “Hey, I am the one who sanctifies you and saves you. You aren’t saving yourself.”
- He says, “Since I’m the one that saves you, DO WHAT I SAY!!!”
- Keep my statues. Keep my commandments. Why? So you influence your whole family the right way.
- Don’t influence them the wrong way. Don’t take them the wrong way. Those are MY CHILDREN God says!
 Leviticus 20:9 For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.
- Think of who God is speaking to at this time in Leviticus Chapter 20.
- He’s talking to Moses and tells HIM to preach this to the CHILDREN OF ISRAEL.
- The Father’s and the Mother’s are the leaders and teachers of the CHILDREN.
- If you’re a FATHER or MOTHER and are SAVED right now, you should be teaching your children.
- Don’t just condemn them automatically. TEACH THEM the Bible.
- Don’t start out: “Hey, what you’re doing is wrong!!! No, sit down and teach them.”
- Sons and daughters are to LISTEN to their parents. Why would that be a commandment?
God Commands Children To Obey Their Saved Parents
God wants the children to OBEY and listen to their SAVED parents.
- He’s talking about listening to the parents who understand WHO HE IS.
- If you curseth your father and mother, you shall surely be put to death.
- That’s talking about in the camp with the CHILDREN OF ISRAEL. You need to listen to the elder people.
- But in order for that to happen, the elders need to be saved and understand the BIBLE.
- Obeying your parents is the VERY FIRST COMMANDMENT IN THE BIBLE with a promise behind it.
 Exodus 20:12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
 Ephesians 6:2-3 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;) 3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.
- God made that commandment so PARENTS can teach their children.
- I don’t care how old you are. You’re still parents.
- If your children fear God at all, take that commandment to them and tell them to listen.
- Hey kid, “I want to go over the GOSPEL of JESUS CHRIST with you and make sure you understand this.”
- Step through the GOSPEL with them. If you need practice, come practice on me.
- Say, “Hey Josh, I need to practice giving the Gospel. Yep, tell me when and I’ll be there. Or come on over.”
- I don’t care what I’m doing. There’s nothing more important than that.
- That’s why God made obey your parents the first commandment with a promise.
 3 John 1-4 The elder unto the wellbeloved Gaius, whom I love in the truth. 2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. 3 For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth. 4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
- “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.”
- And there is great sorrow when they decide not to walk in truth.
- And most likely, you have great sorrow today if you’re a parent in this area.
- The GOSPEL isn’t around this area. It’s very sad. People chose false religions in this area.
- And it’s spread GREATLY through the CHURCH OF CHRIST mega churches who are false.
- “Well, we need to be like SOUTHEAST CHRISTIAN. Look at how great they are. God is blessing them.”
- No, God’s not blessing them. Satan is blessing them. They’re a FALSE CHURCH.
- NOTHING will change a person for good EXCEPT the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ.
So today, you hear the words of God, and you say: “Well, I’m still going to do what I want.”
- I’m still going to support my family no matter what.
- I’m still going to support my children no matter what.
- So, let’s keep going since you’re not understanding. GOD SAVED YOU. Nobody else did.
- This next passage of SCRIPTURE? No one teaches this. No one wants to hear it.
- It doesn’t match their FALSE GOD. Understand this today.
- It’s perfect. It fits together perfectly with ALL SCRIPTURE.
 Luke 14:25-26 And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them, 26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
- Does Jesus mean to go HATE all of your family? NO, of course not.
- Your children? You’re supposed to love them and take care of them using GOD’S WAY.
- Your parents? Honor thy father and mother UNLESS they’re evil.
- This is a hypothetical that Jesus is teaching.
- If it comes down to your evil parents or JESUS, you choose Jesus.
- If it comes down to your evil children or JESUS, you choose Jesus.
- If It comes down to a false church or a real church, you choose the real church.
- You choose one that GETS THE GOSPEL right.
Always Choose God Above Anything Else
Hey, look, YOU ALWAYS CHOOSE GOD OVER ANYTHING ELSE. It doesn’t matter what it happens to be.
- So, let’s do some hypotheticals just like Jesus did right there.
- Do you choose your children over God?
- Let’s say your children are saved BUT they turn against God.
- Do you support them? Do you invite them over to eat? Do you go eat with them?
 1 Corinthians 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
- To me, that’s pretty clear. I didn’t like that one so I ignored it. But, I won’t any more.
- Or, let’s say your child turned into a homosexual.
- That means they’re rejected because God turned them over to a reprobate mind.
- God now HATES them. Are you going to love them? Are you better than God?
- They were first GOD’S. He created them. You don’t think it hurts HIM when they do that?
- They decided. They made the decision. And now it’s your job to reject them. God did.
If it comes down to ME making a decision between God and my children, I will ALWAYS choose God.
- Just like false gospel preacher Terry Yeager asked me before: “Why would you preach that in Church?”
- “Couldn’t you pick something else that wouldn’t bother people?”
- That’s the problem with churches around here. Make everybody happy in their FLESH.
Hey, I’ll tell my parents right now, if it comes down to you choosing me or God, ALWAYS choose God.
- You won’t hurt my feelings because I understand what that means.
- I say to my wife: “ALWAYS choose God over me. I won’t get you anywhere. God will.”
- I say to my children: “ALWAYS choose God over anyone and especially me.”
So today, I tell all of you the same thing. I will always choose God over you. Why?
- BECAUSE GOD SAID TO CHOOSE HIM. He’s first. He’s number one.
- “But I love my children. But I love my wife. But I love my grandchildren.”
- Do you? LOVE is keeping God’s commandments. So do what He says and then you love them.
 Romans 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
- Approving of a false church is doing ILL to your neighbor. It is. There is no other way around it.
- And look, it hurts. It hurts all those who are saved and it hurts God.
- God says, “I’M FIRST.” Love me first and everything else falls right into place.
- If Pam puts God first above me, I’ll end up being loved even more.
Hurt Feelings Does Not Equal Death
She might hurt my feelings and make me cry BUT I shall not die. She may save my soul from hell.
- God’s love is TOUGH LOVE. Somebody might have to cry. Somebody’s feelings might get hurt.
- Somebody might say something bad about you. Somebody might hate you.
- But one day in the end, they won’t be saying: “WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME THE TRUTH???”
- Get it out now. Tell them about the truth in the Bible. Time is running out.
- You have the opportunities. Take them. Show them the Gospel.
- Do what God says, and everything else will work out. It’s so simple.
- No one can explain this next set of Scripture in churches around here. They teach opposite.
 Matthew 10:35-36 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36 And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household.
- Look, if you aren’t with the ONE TRUE GOD in this Bible, you’re against Him.
- And I’ll tell you right now, I’m with GOD. So, you go against God? You go against me?
- And don’t be worried about being against me. You better be worried about God.
- In other words, my father, my daughter, my mother, my mother in law, ANY FAMILY I will forsake for God.
- Are you going to do the same? Why do I do that? Because it’s what’s best for them.
- Your family doesn’t have to be your foes. If they accept the Gospel and walk with God, they aren’t.
- They are your brothers and sisters in JESUS CHRIST.
 Matthew 10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
- You better not preach that in false churches. They’ll kick you out.
- If you love anything more than JESUS CHRIST, you’re not worthy of HIM AT ALL.
- If you love your father or mother more, then you’re not worthy of Jesus.
- Choose your children and grandchildren over GOD, you’re not worthy to be saved.
 Matthew 10:38-39 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. 39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
- Your life here on this earth is going to get tougher. Your fleshly life.
- You’ll make people mad. You’ll have people calling you names.
- Your own family will hate you. Jesus already told us that. Hate all you want.
- I’ll keep preaching until GOD takes me out. I fear no man, no woman, no army.
 Psalm 56:11 In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.
- Why do I have no fear? Because I’m going to do what God says. Are you going to stand with me?
- I don’t want to stand alone. It’s EVERY decision in your life. You don’t get exemptions.
- Make the right decisions, pray with all you have, follow what God says, and you might save some souls.
Let’s get this straight today. If you follow God’s commandments, maybe your family will turn back.
- Maybe your actions following what God says to do in this Bible will change their mind.
- Maybe your family will turn back to God. Maybe you’ll have some tears along the way.
- Why? Because it sure isn’t easy. But you have to tell the truth. That leads to tears.
 Psalm 126:5 They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
- Do you understand what that means? We sing it all the time.
 Psalm 126:1 When the LORD turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream.
- Do what God says and MAYBE the captivity of your family MIGHT BE TURNED BY GOD.
- And then what happens?
 Psalm 126:2-3 Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them. 3 The LORD hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.
- Do you know how great that day will be when your family turns to JESUS CHRIST to save them?
 Psalm 126:4-6 Turn again our captivity, O LORD, as the streams in the south. 5 They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. 6 He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.
- The Bible says, “HE THAT GOETH FORTH AND WEEPETH BEARING PRECIOUS SEED!!!”
- Go plant some seeds in your family. WOW, my dream is to see them here.
- Verse 1 says, “We were like them that DREAM.” That’s my number one prayer. To see our family here.
- “He that goeth forth and weepeth bearing precious seed SHALL DOUBTLESS COME AGAIN REJOICING!!!”
- And what does he bring with him? That’s the harvest. The fruit. The crop. The SAVED SOULS.
- Take the WORD out to your family, and you will come back with some saved souls.
- Understand that today. We take them the GOSPEL. We don’t support the false ways.
- That’s not how you win ANYONE to Jesus Christ. That takes them the other way.
 John 4:35-37 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest. 36 And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together. 37 And herein is that saying true, One soweth, and another reapeth.
- Look there!!! You go sow the seed with the GOSPEL. That’s the seed.
- The family member who receives it will REAP the rewards!!!
- Go gather fruit unto life eternal. There is no better fruit than that.
- “BOTH HE THAT SOWETH AND HE THAT REAPETH MAY REJOICE TOGETHER!!!”
- Don’t you want to rejoice with your family? I know I do. I want to see them in heaven.
- But we can rejoice now. Let’s get the GOSPEL to them and let’s don’t stop.
- We don’t join in on false ways. We don’t YOKE UP together with them in sin.
- We don’t support false religions, false churches, false ways.
 Psalm 119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.
 Psalm 119:128 Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way.
- All of God’s ways are RIGHT. Understand that. Your way isn’t better. Your way is a false way.
- Let’s do it God’s way and WATCH what happens. You’ll have some trouble.
- You’ll have tears. You’ll have people that hate you. Get over it. Do it God’s way.
Don’t Blame Yourself For Decisions Others Are Making
Now, to close, we have to get rid of this BLAME. We blame ourselves for decisions our family members make.
- Well, if I would have done this. If I would have done that. If I could go back in time.
- Guess what? Get over it. You can’t go back in time. You didn’t know.
- If you knew, you wouldn’t have done it that way. God knows that.
- But look, now you know. NOW, you better do it right.
- There’s countless examples of GODLY PARENTS in the Bible that had children turn away from God.
- You can’t control everything. SAMUEL messed up as a parent. We all mess up. I mess up every day.
- I can’t go back and change what I did. So I let it go. I ask God forgiveness and I move on.
 1 Samuel 8:1-3 And it came to pass, when Samuel was old, that he made his sons judges over Israel. 2 Now the name of his firstborn was Joel; and the name of his second, Abiah: they were judges in Beer-sheba. 3 And his sons walked not in his ways, but turned aside after lucre, and took bribes, and perverted judgment.
- Judges weren’t chosen through family. The children weren’t automatically chosen.
- GOD CHOSE THE JUDGES but Samuel figured he would do it his own way. Look how that turned out.
- All parents make mistakes. We got to get over that. Every person gets their chances to accept God.
- And you might just be one of those chances. It’s time to give them the GOSPEL. Forget the rest.
- How do you correct all the mistakes? Through the GOSPEL!!! God can correct it all.
- Do you think all the people who mess up in the Bible can blame all their mistakes on their parents?
Here, I’ll speak as a son. Do you think I blame my parents for things I messed up?
- Oh no. It was all me. It wasn’t their fault. I have a Bible just like they do.
- I chose my path. I did what I wanted. God gave us all that freedom.
- That’s why HELL is fair. God is fair and just. Remember that.
King Saul messed up. Was that his parents fault?
- Eli’s children were evil. He was a man of God. Was that all Eli’s fault? Or was it his parents fault?
- Or was it his grandparents fault? Where does the blame game stop?
- What about King David? Adultery. Had Uriah murdered. Was that Jesse’s fault?
- Absalom? Was that all King David’s fault? Could he have done better? Yeah.
- But Absalom is responsible for Absalom’s decisions.
- God doesn’t send parents to hell for their children. Why is that?
- Because everyone makes their own choices. ALL get plenty of chances to be saved.
- Do you trust God or not? If you trust HIS WAY, you’ll do what HE SAYS.
- If you trust yourself, you’ll do what you think is best.
TRUST GOD with your family. DO what HE SAYS. Follow what HE says.
- Give them the GOSPEL. Don’t support false ways. HATE FALSE WAYS. Tell them the truth all the time.
- You can know that GOD will take care of everything else.
 Psalm 62:8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
- When do we trust in God? That’s a command. TRUST IN HIM AT ALL TIMES.
- If you don’t, that’s a sin. If you think your way is better than HIS WAY, that’s a sin. Don’t sin. HATE SIN.
- When you come up with some alternative method around God’s Word, that’s changing HIS WORDS.
- That’s trying to find a way around them. Instead, just do what He says. It’s simple.
- Your family might ask you: “Why are you doing this?”
- Hey, perfect opening to the GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST. They won’t understand until they’re saved.
- GIVE THEM THE GOSPEL. Get them saved. And things will get better. Let’s REJOICE.
 Hebrews 2:13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.
- I WILL PUT MY TRUST IN HIM. Bring them here to church.
- God’s teaching us here. There is no better place to come than to church to hear God’s words.
- To learn what He wants us to hear. You need my help? I’ll help with anyone you need.
- This came from God today. It wasn’t me. He tells us what He needs us to hear.