- Sermon Slides for Sermon Garment Mingled With Linen And Woollen: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Garment Mingled With Linen And Woollen: PDF
- Audio MP3 for Sermon Garment Mingled With Linen And Woollen:
- Video MP4 for Sermon Garment Mingled With Linen And Woollen:
 The title of the sermon: “GARMENT MINGLED WITH LINEN AND WOOLLEN.”
Is The Bible Absurd And Archaic?
- People love to take one verse in the Bible and call the Bible absurd and archaic.
- This comes from people who have no idea what the Bible is teaching.
- They take something they know nothing about and ridicule the words of the Bible.
- Let’s look at one of the Scriptures today that people love to use to make their idiotic stand against God’s word.
- And let me make this clear today. Every word of God is amazing.
Don’t call His words archaic, stupid, out of date, and old-fashioned just because you don’t understand them.
- After the sermon today, you’ll understand why God says not to wear a garment mingled with linen and woollen.
- And then you’ll see who idiotic these people who attack God’s words truly are. They are very foolish.
 Leviticus 19:19 Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.
- We see that God clearly says: “Neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.”
- Do not wear a garment that has linen and wool mixed within the garment.
One of the first things we need to do is look to the corrupted modern Bible versions to see what they say.
- This is what most people will use to attack God’s words.
- Let’s compare the King James Bible with these corrupted versions.
- The King James says that a garment mingled of linen and woollen shall not come upon thee.
- The NIV says, “Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.”
- Now, do those 2 different versions say and mean the same thing? No, not even close.
- The King James Bible is very specific: LINEN and WOOL shall not be mixed together.
The NIV says ANY TWO MATERIALS shall not be mixed together. HUGE DIFFERENCE.
- The NASB, ESV, ASV, RSV all agree with the NIV.
- The New King James actually is the only other I could find that agrees with the King James.
- So, this is just one example but the modern versions do not say the same thing as the King James Bible.
- And yes, this leads to mocking of God’s words. And let me be clear here.
- If you have an NIV or any other corrupted “Bible” version, you should burn it. It is corrupted.
- If you think changing God’s words like that right there is okay, then something is wrong.
- And you’ll see why today. The difference in “God’s word” there is amazing.
- Both of these can’t be God’s word because they say different things.
“Oh, so I see you have a shirt with mixed fabrics. Did you know you’re breaking God’s laws too?”
- This is what people say. They mock and mock and mock God’s word over and over and over again.
- For example, I wear lots of shirts that are polyester and cotton mixes.
- According to the NIV right there and most all of the modern Bible versions, I am breaking God’s law.
- Right? That’s what the NIV says. But according to the King James, am I breaking God’s law? No.
- What is polyester? What is cotton? Where do they come from?
Polyester is a synthetic fabric that’s derived from petroleum. It’s not linen, and it’s not wool.
- Cotton comes from the cotton plant. It’s not linen, and it’s not wool.
- Wearing a blend of polyester and cotton is not breaking God’s law in the King James Bible.
- What is linen and what is wool? This is very important to understand.
- This is something that the mockers of God’s word would never attempt to understand.
- They simply repeat like a parrot: “You can’t mix two fabrics. Leviticus 19:19.”
- “Are you mixing two fabrics in your clothing? Then you aren’t a Christian.” Blah, blah, blah.
How Would We Figure Out What Leviticus 19:19 Means? By Listening To Fools?
So, let’s look at linen and wool today and see what this Scripture in Leviticus 19:19 actually means.
- Let’s not just take the word from these worldly fools that mock God’s word over and over again.
- We know that every word of God is VERY IMPORTANT so we don’t ignore Leviticus 19:19.
Some so-called “Christians” will even attempt to use Leviticus 19:19 to say that we don’t have to follow these laws any more.
- They say, “Since we don’t follow the mixed fabrics law any more, we don’t have to follow the others.”
- Seriously, this is the corrupted logic they use, but I’ll show you today how they don’t understand the Scriptures at all.
- At the end of this sermon, you’ll see how important Leviticus 19:19 is to understanding God’s word.
 2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
- All Scripture is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.
- My hope is this sermon will spread and people will finally stop mocking God’s word.
- This sermon will correct, reprove, and instruct in righteousness versus calling God’s words archaic.
- Let me state this clearly: “GOD’S WORD IS ALWAYS APPLICABLE AND NEVER OUT OF DATE. NEVER.”
 Psalm 19:7-8 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. 8 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
- This is what’s going to happen for you today IF you’ll listen and hear these Scriptures today.
- God’s word will enlighten your eyes. Mocking God’s words will only hurt you.
- Minimizing God’s words will do nothing but harm to you. Understand that right now.
- Listen to these Scriptures in Psalm Chapter 119 before we get into linen and wool and what they are.
- You might be thinking: “I don’t care about linen and wool and what this Scripture means.”
- Well, God put it in the Bible for a reason and He knows more than you. It must be important.
 Psalm 119:97-99 MEM. O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day. 98 Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me. 99 I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.
- Do you want o have more understanding that all your teachers? YOU SHOULD. Do you know how?
- You focus on God’s laws and God’s words. FOCUS IN ON THEM. Today, you’re going to see an example.
- This is what we must do. We must compare Scripture to Scripture. We must focus on God’s words.
- We don’t focus on the words of man, their opinions, their views, and their books.
 Psalm 119:100-103 I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts. 101 I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word. 102 I have not departed from thy judgments: for thou hast taught me. 103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
- This is why we’re focusing in on Leviticus 19:19. We want to understand more than the ancients.
- Why? Because we keep God’s precepts, His words, His laws. We want to understand His laws.
- We want God to teach us all His ways. “How sweet are His words unto our taste.”
- We don’t put His words down as Christians. We love them and magnify them above every other word.
 Psalm 119:130 The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.
- So let’s get understanding today from Leviticus 19:19 and the mixing of linen and woollen.
- We are simple without God’s word. With God’s words, we become wise. So, what is linen to start?
- Linen is made from the fibers of the flax plant. Let’s see some pictures of a flax plant.
What Is Linen Made From? Fibers Of The Flax Plant.
- Now, let’s see the flax plant after harvest.
- Again, we’re looking at linen. Linen comes from a PLANT. It comes from the flax plant.
- Fibers from the flax plant, as seen there, are turned into linen fabric. And it’s strong and cool.
- Linen is very strong. It is an absorbent fiber. It dries faster than cotton.
- It’s very comfortable to wear in hot weather.
Linen Does Not Equal Bad Or Evil
 Ezekiel 44:18 They shall have linen bonnets upon their heads, and shall have linen breeches upon their loins; they shall not gird themselves with any thing that causeth sweat.
- The Bible never says that linen is bad. Linen is very good.
 Exodus 25:1-3 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 2 Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring me an offering: of every man that giveth it willingly with his heart ye shall take my offering. 3 And this is the offering which ye shall take of them; gold, and silver, and brass,
 Exodus 25:4-7 And blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine linen, and goats’ hair, 5 And rams’ skins dyed red, and badgers’ skins, and shittim wood, 6 Oil for the light, spices for anointing oil, and for sweet incense, 7 Onyx stones, and stones to be set in the ephod, and in the breastplate.
 Exodus 25:8-9 And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them. 9 According to all that I shew thee, after the pattern of the tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, even so shall ye make it.
- Linen is used in God’s tabernacle so it’s definitely not bad.
- The Bible never says linen is bad, but a mixture of linen and wool should not be worn as clothing.
 Exodus 26:1 Moreover thou shalt make the tabernacle with ten curtains of fine twined linen, and blue, and purple, and scarlet: with cherubims of cunning work shalt thou make them.
 Exodus 28:6-8 And they shall make the ephod of gold, of blue, and of purple, of scarlet, and fine twined linen, with cunning work. 7 It shall have the two shoulderpieces thereof joined at the two edges thereof; and so it shall be joined together. 8 And the curious girdle of the ephod, which is upon it, shall be of the same, according to the work thereof; even of gold, of blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen.
- This is clothing for the priests. It’s made of fine twined linen. It doesn’t cause them to sweat.
- This linen clothing is plant based.
 Leviticus 6:10 And the priest shall put on his linen garment, and his linen breeches shall he put upon his flesh, and take up the ashes which the fire hath consumed with the burnt offering on the altar, and he shall put them beside the altar.
- The word linen is in the Bible 104 times in 90 verses so there’s a lot of Scripture on linen.
- Do you remember the virtuous woman in Proverbs Chapter 31? Her price is far above rubies.
 Proverbs 31:13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
- She seeks WOOL and FLAX. Remember, linen comes from flax.
- Wool and flax are the subject of this sermon. This virtuous woman makes clothing.
 Proverbs 31:19 She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
 Proverbs 31:21-22 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet. 22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.
 Proverbs 31:24-25 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant. 25 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
- Wool and linen is all about CLOTHING. And clothing is the importance of Leviticus Chapter 19 verse 19.
- If we want to understand the Scriptures, we must understand that it’s all about being clothed properly.
- We must be clothed properly for the occasion.
 John 19:40 Then took they the body of Jesus, and wound it in linen clothes with the spices, as the manner of the Jews is to bury.
 John 20:5-7 And he stooping down, and looking in, saw the linen clothes lying; yet went he not in. 6 Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie, 7 And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.
- Even the dead body of Jesus Christ was wrapped in linen. So we know linen is good.
 Revelation 15:6 And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles.
 Revelation 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
- Fine linen is the righteousness of saints. It’s clean and white. It doesn’t cause you to sweat. It’s cool.
 Revelation 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
- You can go over all the Scriptures about linen in the Bible. For sake of time, we cannot do this today.
- Wool and linen are two different fabrics for clothing.
Deuteronomy 22:11 Matches Leviticus 19:19 Perfectly In The King James Bible
 Deuteronomy 22:11 Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together.
- This is a Scripture that says the same thing as Leviticus Chapter 19 verse 19.
- Do you want to know what the NIV says for this verse? This is amazing.
- So, the NIV can’t even agree between Scriptures within its own pages. Not a surprise. It’s corrupted.
- The King James Bible matches perfectly between the Scriptures.
- The King James Bible specifically forbids WOOLLEN AND LINEN together.
- So, we know that linen is plant based from the flax plant. What about woollen or wool?
- Wool comes from sheep and other animals like goats, muskoxen, bison, and even rabbits.
- We know that linen is plant based and wool is animal based.
- I hope you’re starting to see the big difference in linen and wool. Plant versus animal.
- Think about the differences in linen and wool. Linen keeps you cool. Wool keeps you warm.
- This is very important to understand today. What you wear while you’re working?
- When you work, you need to stay cool. You would wear linen. Keep this in mind.
- When you’re at rest, you need some warmth. You would wear wool. Keep this in mind.
- Linen and wool do not go together. One is for staying cool and one is for staying warm.
- One is from plants and one is from animals.
 Genesis 3:6-7 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. 7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
- Once Adam and Eve sinned, they attempted to hide their sin with FIG LEAVES or plant based clothing.
- This clothing wasn’t good enough to hide the shame from their sin. What happened?
 Genesis 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.
- God gave them clothing from an animal. Now they have animal based clothing.
- God gave them sufficient CLOTHING to cover their sin and shame.
- What happened with the coats of skins? How did God obtain these coats of skins?
- God had to kill and animal and obtain these skins through an offering of blood.
- With plant based clothing, such as linen, there is no blood spilled with that clothing.
- But with this animal based clothing, God covered their sins.
- This is a picture of Jesus Christ, the lamb of God, covering the sins of Adam and Eve through a blood offering.
 Hebrews 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
- Without blood being shed, our sins cannot be forgiven.
- There is no remission of sins without shedding of blood.
 Hebrews 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
- Because of the Scriptures, we know it is not possible for the blood of animals to forgive sins.
- We know that all of the animal sacrifices were pictures of things to come.
- The clothing mixture of linen and wool is a picture of things. It is a like figure that you’ll clearly see today.
 John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
 John 1:36 And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!
- John the Baptist, the greatest of all men besides Jesus Christ, says: “BEHOLD THE LAMB OF GOD.”
- “This LAMB OF GOD taketh away the sin of the world.” In other words, this is “THE SACRIFICE” for sins.
- The blood of Jesus Christ cleanseth us from all sins. The animal sacrifices were pictures of this.
- The animal sacrifice for the coasts of skins that were given to Adam and Eve were a picture of Jesus Christ.
- HE IS THE LAMB OF GOD and THE SACRIFICE for all sins.
The Offerings Of Cain And Abel Bring Us Closer To The Garment Mingled With Linen And Woollen
The offerings of Cain and Abel bring us closer to the Scriptures in Leviticus Chapter 19 about mixing wool and linen.
- What type of offering did Cain bring to the Lord? What type of offering did Abel bring to the Lord?
- Think about the differences in plants and animals. There is no blood within a plant.
- Without blood, there is no remission of sins. This is very important to understand.
- Let’s see the differences in the offerings from Cain and Abel.
 Genesis 4:3-5 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD. 4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering: 5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
- Cain’s offering was plant based. Abel’s offering was animal based.
- The Lord had respect unto Abel and his offering. But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect.
- What is the picture of right here? Cain’s offering is works based. Abel’s offering is faith based.
- Cain decides to do it his way and give it his best. He worked very hard on this plant based offering.
- But it wasn’t good enough. Abel didn’t work so hard but instead relied on faith.
- Cain’s offering is 100% a picture of a works based salvation.
- Abel’s offering is 100% a picture of a grace by faith based salvation.
Linen is clothing that is a picture of works. You work hard in linen clothing because it’s cool.
- Wool clothing is a picture of grace by faith. You rest in the wool clothing and God does the work.
- You won’t wear wool clothing to go out and work. You’ll sweat so much. It’s not good for working.
- Even in the winter, you’ll sweat in the wool clothing. It’s not a picture of works.
- The animal based clothing is a picture of God doing the work.
- Jesus Christ died on the sabbath. He was working while we are at rest. Salvation comes through His works.
If linen is a picture of a works based salvation and wool is a picture of a faith based salvation, do you see why they cannot be mixed?
- Some false preachers want to teach that you are saved by works and faith.
- They’ll say that it takes both grace and works to be saved.
- The Southern Baptists spew out of their mouth that they believe you’re saved by grace through faith but then they add works to salvation.
- They are corrupted. They have gone in the way of Cain with their works based salvation.
 Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
- Grace means you don’t deserve salvation. None of us deserve it because we’ve all sinned.
- OUR WORKS cannot forgive that sin. We cannot overcome any of our sin through our works.
- If you could work to be forgiven of all your sin, then salvation wouldn’t be through grace.
- Working for something means that you deserve it. GRACE = YOU DON’T DESERVE IT.
- If salvation is by grace, then it is NO MORE OF WORKS!!! If it were of works, it is no more of grace.
 Ephesians 2:8-10 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
- Now, we know 100% for sure that salvation is NOT OF WORKS.
- How are we saved? “FOR BY GRACE ARE YE SAVED THROUGH FAITH.”
- We are only saved by God’s grace through faith in Jesus Christ. We simply believe on Jesus Christ.
- We believe on His works. We offer a blood offering of Jesus Christ. He is our offering.
Is Jesus not a good enough offering for you? Do your works contribute to this offering? NO WAY!!!
- Jesus Christ is the ONLY OFFERING we need. We offer Him by believing on Him to save us.
- He is the eternal God. He is the Lamb of God who takes away our sin, and there is nothing else included.
- Cain thought he would go about it his own way because he thought he knew better than God.
- Abel simply trusted what God said and did what God told him to do. His offering was through faith.
- And Abel’s faith in God led to his offering. Abel’s works only pleased God AFTER he had faith.
Your works will never please God unless you first have faith. Once you have faith in God, your works please Him.
- Without faith, it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God. Water baptism doesn’t please God unless you’re first saved.
- You MUST believe on Jesus Christ and be saved BEFORE you are baptized in water.
- If not, this work is not a good work. It’s only a good work if you already have faith in God prior to this.
- If you think your water baptism saves you in any way, then you don’t have faith in God.
- You’re placing part of your trust in your own works just as Cain did. You’re adding your works to salvation.
- And it doesn’t work that way. You’ve gone in the way of Cain. You will not make it to heaven.
You must change your mind about your own works and understand they have nothing to do with salvation.
- Ephesians Chapter 2 verses 8 and 9 are clearly talking about being saved.
- You are only saved BY GRACE through FAITH. That’s the only way. There is no other way.
- NOT OF WORKS. But now, take a close look at verse 10 there.
- This is going to tie the mixing of linen and woollen together for us. Understand this today.
- Listen to this closely.
Your Works Without Faith Will Never Please God
“For we are HIS WORKMANSHIP, created IN CHRIST JESUS unto GOOD WORKS, which God hath before ordained that we SHOULD walk in them.”
- You were created in Christ Jesus unto good works. God has good works planned for you to do.
- When? After you’re saved. You can’t do good works unless you first have faith in God.
Once you’re saved by GRACE through FAITH ALONE, you SHOULD do the good works God has planned for you.
- And notice the Scriptures say “SHOULD walk in them.” The Scriptures don’t say you MUST walk in them.
- Why? Because you have a choice to do good works or not. If you choose not, you will still go to heaven.
- You cannot lose salvation by not doing good works. You cannot keep salvation by doing good works.
- Salvation is NOT OF WORKS in any way, shape, or form. Don’t get confused. Salvation is not of works.
- Don’t allow a false religion to talk you into works being a part of salvation.
- The Scriptures clearly say that salvation is not of works.
- Once you are saved, THEN you SHOULD do good works.
How is this related to the garment mingled with linen and woollen? Clothing is very important.
- In order to make it to heaven, you must be wearing the clothing of Jesus Christ.
- And Jesus Christ is the Lamb of God. The woolen clothing represents salvation by grace through faith.
- You don’t work in wool clothing. Salvation is not a mixture of grace and works.
- The Bible tells us they can’t be mixed. They are opposites.
- Why would you wear a mixture of linen that keeps you cool with wool that keeps you warm.
- THEY ARE OPPOSITES!!! In order to be saved, you must put on the woollen clothing of grace.
- You must understand and accept the work that Jesus Christ did for you. This is the woollen clothing.
Once you’re saved, though, what do you need to put on? You need to put on the linen clothing and get to work.
- You should be walking in the good works that Jesus has planned for you.
- You are already saved, you have everlasting life, there’s nothing left to do for salvation.
- God did all the work for you. Now it’s time to put on the linen and get to work.
- You don’t want to just sit at home in your woollen clothing and do nothing. You won’t profit anyone.
- Since you never move, you need the wool to keep you warm. Salvation has been obtained through Jesus.
- Now, get up off the couch, get away from the TV, get away from your fleshly desires, and get to work.
Why did the priests wear linen clothing? They were doing work for God.
- They had faith and now it’s time to work. Do you see this now? This is why Leviticus 19:19 is so important.
- Linen and wool don’t go together at the same time. You can’t be saved by grace and works.
 Ezekiel 44:17-18 And it shall come to pass, that when they enter in at the gates of the inner court, they shall be clothed with linen garments; and no wool shall come upon them, whiles they minister in the gates of the inner court, and within. 18 They shall have linen bonnets upon their heads, and shall have linen breeches upon their loins; they shall not gird themselves with any thing that causeth sweat.
- God doesn’t want your sweat in his tabernacle of Jesus Christ.
- Entering into God’s tabernacle is not about your works, your sweat, or your tears.
- Do you see how all of this fits together perfectly?
 Revelation 19:7-8 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. 8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
- When you see this Scripture now, it should make perfect sense.
- “For the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.” Put on your linen and do good works for God.
- Righteousness only comes through faith in Jesus Christ and good works only come through faith.
- You cannot do good works of righteousness without faith.
You cannot wear “FINE LINEN, CLEAN AND WHITE” without faith in Jesus Christ.
- If you attempt to wear linen and do good works without first having faith, your linen will be dirty.
- Your linen will be filthy rags. Your works cannot be good works without faith in Jesus Christ.
- And let me make this clear: “Faith in Jesus is trusting 100% in Jesus Christ for salvation.”
- Being saved by grace through faith means works are not a part of the salvation equation.
- In order to do good works in this fine, clean, and white linen you MUST first have faith.
- You must first put on the woollen clothing, which represents FAITH in Jesus Christ.
- Once saved, you get fine, clean, and white linen clothing to do good works.
- You’re telling Jesus that you know that your own works and sweat do not save you.
Do you now see what woollen clothing represents? Do you now see what linen clothing represents?
- Do you understand by they cannot be mixed? Clothing represents salvation.
- You cannot mix grace and works together for salvation.
- But yet, that’s what most so-called “Christian” denominations are doing right now.
- You are saved by grace through faith, which is woolen clothing.
- After you are saved, put on the linen clothing and get to work for God.
- If the linen is fine, clean, and white, you are saying that you are saved by grace through faith and now you are going to do the works that God has ordained for you to do.
 Matthew 22:10-11 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests. 11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
 Matthew 22:12-13 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless. 13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
- This man didn’t have the right clothing on. And foolish people will take this Scripture and call it ridiculous.
- They say things like this: “Oh, so he didn’t wear the right clothes and went to hell???”
- They say, “Well, I don’t want any part in the God of the Bible if He throws people into hell for wearing the wrong clothes.”
- They’ve missed the entire point of the Bible. The clothing is a picture of salvation.
- You must be wearing the right clothing to enter into heaven.
- God is using clothing as a physical picture of spiritual things. You must be saved by grace through faith.
A White Wedding Dress = A Pure Bride Who Is A Virgin
At weddings, the bride will ear a white dress claiming she is a pure virgin and has not been with a man.
- Clothing is important. Clothing is a picture of many things within the Bible.
- God doesn’t want us walking around naked because we are sinful and shameful people in this flesh.
- Nakedness is defined by God as from the loins even unto the thighs. From the waist to the knees.
- If you wear shorts above the knees, you are showing your nakedness.
- You should want to cover your nakedness and your shame with the proper clothing.
- Now, let’s say that you don’t. Will God be happy with you? No, He won’t.
- Will He throw you into hell if you’re saved and wear short shorts? No, but He won’t be happy with you.
He wants you to see and understand His words within the Bible.
- He wants you to show Him you understand by doing the right things.
- He wants you to follow His laws and do good works. Not wearing short shorts is a good work.
- Do you understand this? I want to make sure. Wearing shorts will not send you to hell.
- God gives us all these physical pictures that do mean something both physically and spiritually.
 Exodus 28:42-43 And thou shalt make them linen breeches to cover their nakedness; from the loins even unto the thighs they shall reach: 43 And they shall be upon Aaron, and upon his sons, when they come in unto the tabernacle of the congregation, or when they come near unto the altar to minister in the holy place; that they bear not iniquity, and die: it shall be a statute for ever unto him and his seed after him.
- The priests were to cover their nakedness from the loins to the thighs.
- They MUST do this when they enter God’s tabernacle OR they would die.
- God takes this very serious. They were doing work for God in their linen clothing.
- They couldn’t show their nakedness because God hates that.
- When you come into His presence, all of your iniquities must be covered.
- Since God was there in that tabernacle, they had to cover their nakedness and sin with their clothing.
- If not, they committed iniquity against God and would die. God is very serious about His rules.
If you’re a saved person, and you accidentally wear a linen and woollen garment, will God send you to hell?
- If you think so, then you don’t understand salvation. You are saved once you believe on Jesus Christ.
- You can’t lose everlasting life. You can’t lose salvation. God knows if you wore this garment by accident.
- But you do need to understand that you can only be saved by grace through faith. NOT OF WORKS.
- Don’t attempt to offer up the plant based sacrifices without blood for salvation.
- Don’t attempt to offer up your works for salvation. Don’t go in the way of Cain.
 Jude 11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
- Don’t perish as Korah did in Numbers Chapter 16 when they rose up against Moses.
- Don’t be surprised to find yourself in hell one day because you simply wouldn’t trust in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ ALONE.
- Trust in the LMAB OF GOD, Jesus Christ, as the sacrifice for your sins.
- Don’t attempt to put on a garment mingled with linen and woollen. They don’t mix.
- Grace and works do not mix. Woollen and linen do not mix.
Once you’ve been saved through the woolen clothing and the blood sacrifice of Jesus Christ, put on the fine, clean, and white linen showing you’ve been cleansed by Jesus Christ and get to work for Him.
- But, let me warn you here, DON’T EVER THINK your works contribute to salvation. They don’t.
- You can only wear fine, white, and clean linen because you’ve been saved by the blood of Jesus Christ.
 Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
 2 Corinthians 9:8-9 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work: 9 (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever.
- Always remember that it’s the righteousness of Jesus Christ that remains forever.
- You only have righteousness through Jesus Christ and you can only do good works through faith.
- HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS REMAINETH FOREVER. You only get righteousness through Him alone.
- Once you’ve believed on Jesus Christ, it’s time to get to work.
 2 Thessalonians 2:17 Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.
- Put on that peaceful, comfortable, and clean white linen and get to work. Jesus is there with you.
 1 Timothy 2:9-10 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; 10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
- Women, it’s time to put on the right clothing and get to work for God.
- PROFESS GODLINESS through your clothing and get to work. Don’t walk around naked and shameful.
 2 Timothy 2:20-21 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master’s use, and prepared unto every good work.
- God has good works prepared for you to do. Purge yourself of all this other trash and false doctrine.
- Purge yourself of the lies within this world. Purge yourself from men who put down God’s words.
- Stop listening to people who don’t understand the word of God at all. Get away from them.
- Stop allowing people to decrease your faith in God’s word. PURGE YOURSELF FROM THESE THINGS.
- Don’t allow someone to take the Book of Leviticus and minimize it like it’s nothing.
- Those people don’t understand one bit of God’s words. They are amazing.
 Jude 18-19 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. 19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
- The mockers of God’s word cannot understand His words.
- They don’t have the Spirit of God within them so they can’t understand ANYTHING in the Bible.
- But yet, people want to listen to those people. They want those people to feed them lies.
Fools, Put Some Study Into Leviticus Before Claiming The Bible Is Absurd
Put some Bible study time into the Book of Leviticus in your fine white linen and see how amazing it can be.
- Understand the Bible before you attempt to ridicule and mock God’s word.
- I hope you now understand the rejection by God of the garment mingled with linen and woollen.
- God will not accept your works for salvation. He will accept your good works through faith for rewards.
- But He will never accept a mingled version of salvation that includes both works and grace.
- He will always reject that. So don’t take a chance with salvation.
- Only believe on Jesus Christ and you will be saved. Once saved, then get to work.
 Leviticus 19:19 Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.
- Now, the last part of Leviticus Chapter 19 verse 19 should make sense to you. KEEP MY STATUTES.
- Now, when someone ridicules the Bible for this Scripture, you’ll know they have no idea.
- You’ll know that they don’t understand that every word of God is important.
- Every word of God is profitable. Every word of God is amazing. Don’t put it down because you can’t understand it.