- Sermon Slides for Sermon Genesis Chapter 13: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Genesis Chapter 13: PDF
- Audio MP3 for Sermon Genesis Chapter 13: Audio
- Video MP4 for Sermon Genesis Chapter 13: Video
 The title of the sermon today is “GENESIS CHAPTER 13.”
God Commanded Abram Before He Lived In Haran
- Before we start into Genesis Chapter 13, let’s do a quick summary of Genesis Chapter 12.
- We learned that God commanded Abram before he lived in Haran to get up and leave.
- They lived in the area of Babylon and then they move to Haran on the way to Canaan.
 Genesis 12:1-3 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee: 2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: 3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
- Acts Chapter 7 taught us that this commandment was given to Abram before he lived in Haran.
- So Abram was given this command when he lived in Mesopotamia.
- We find out that Abram doesn’t follow this commandment completely and takes his father with him.
- He doesn’t leave his father’s house as God commanded him to do. He takes Terah, his father, with him.
- And Terah never makes it into the promised land. They stop in Haran and Terah dies there.
- Haran is about halfway from the land of Shinar to Canaan. So Terah only makes it halfway there.
- We learned that God wants us to leave those who worship a false god and won’t give up that false god.
Abram then gets up and leaves Haran, without his father this time, when Abram is 75 years old.
- Abram takes Sarai, Lot, and all of his servants with him. We see Abram build altars to the Lord.
- We see Abram calling upon the Lord. We see that Abram has faith in God, but Abram does make mistakes.
- We see Abram in Sichem and the plain of Moreh. We see him in Beth-el. Abram goes south.
- There’s a famine in the land so Abram goes down into Egypt.
We learn that Sarai is a very beautiful woman. Abram and Sarai tell others that they are brother and sister.
- We see Pharaoh take Sarai into his own house because of her beauty.
- Abram was treated well all because of Sarai. We learned that Abram becomes very rich in possessions.
- God plagues Pharaoh because of Sarai. Pharaoh learns that Sarai is Abram’s wife.
- We learned that Abram and Sarai didn’t lie as they were actually brother and sister.
- They had the same dad but not the same mom. Because of the plagues on Pharaoh, we see this.
 Genesis 12:18-20 And Pharaoh called Abram, and said, What is this that thou hast done unto me? why didst thou not tell me that she was thy wife? 19 Why saidst thou, She is my sister? so I might have taken her to me to wife: now therefore behold thy wife, take her, and go thy way. 20 And Pharaoh commanded his men concerning him: and they sent him away, and his wife, and all that he had.
- That ends Genesis Chapter 12. With that quick summary, let’s go right into verse 1 of Genesis Chapter 13.
 Genesis 13:1 And Abram went up out of Egypt, he, and his wife, and all that he had, and Lot with him, into the south.
- We see Abram do what Pharaoh commanded him to do, and Abram leaves Egypt.
- He takes all of his household with him. Abram, Sarai, Lot, and everything he had was taken from Egypt.
- Pharaoh simply wanted them gone because of the plagues from God.
- So, we see Abram come up out of Egypt and go into the SOUTH.
- He actually goes North into the Southern part of Canaan and leaves Egypt.
 Genesis 13:2 And Abram was very rich in cattle, in silver, and in gold.
- This is a very important Scripture to understand. ABRAM WAS A MAN OF GOD. He had faith in God.
- And he became very rich in cattle, silver, and gold.
- MEN OF GOD can be wealthy, rich, and blessed by God in physical possessions. They can be.
- Children of the devil can also be wealthy, rich, and not blessed by God.
So, you must be very careful in thinking false preachers are blessed by God because they’re rich.
- Are they following God’s words? It’s very simple to answer that question. Do they have faith in God?
- Do they trust in the Lord Jesus Christ ALONE as Savior of the world? If not, they aren’t blessed by God.
- They are blessed through their own evil works and are children of the devil. They can be rich too.
- Abraham was a child of God, and He was blessed by God.
 Genesis 24:34-35 And he said, I am Abraham’s servant. 35 And the LORD hath blessed my master greatly; and he is become great: and he hath given him flocks, and herds, and silver, and gold, and menservants, and maidservants, and camels, and asses.
- Notice that the Scriptures say, “And the Lord hath blessed my master greatly.”
- This is talking about Abraham.
- “He is become great. He has flocks, herds, silver, gold, camels, asses, and servants.
 Genesis 26:12-14 Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the LORD blessed him. 13 And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great: 14 For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him.
- Isaac, the son of Abraham, sowed in the land and received an hundredfold. The Lord blessed him.
- Isaac waxed great. He grew until he became VERY GREAT the Bible says.
- He had flocks, herds, and a great store of servants.
 Deuteronomy 8:18 But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.
- If you have faith in God and God blesses you with great wealth, you better remember this Scripture.
- Don’t get all puffed up and act as if you did it all yourself. You better wake up. You didn’t do it.
- Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob knew that the wealth came from the Lord. THEY KNEW THIS.
- And they never acted like they did it all on their own.
Remember How You Received All Of That Wealth
“BUT THOU SHALT REMEMBER THE LORD THY GOD: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth.”
- He gives you the power to get wealth. Without that power from God, you won’t have any wealth.
- I guarantee you that Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob all worked hard and there’s proof of that within the Bible.
- Because of their faith and their hard work, God blessed them greatly.
- God blessed them with wealth so He could establish his covenant which he swore to them.
- This is what the Bible says. If you need great wealth to fulfill God’s will, He can do the same for you.
- I want you to hear this prayer from Hannah, the Godly mother of Samuel the prophet.
 1 Samuel 2:1-3 And Hannah prayed, and said, My heart rejoiceth in the LORD, mine horn is exalted in the LORD: my mouth is enlarged over mine enemies; because I rejoice in thy salvation. 2 There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God. 3 Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let not arrogancy come out of your mouth: for the LORD is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed.
 1 Samuel 2:4-6 The bows of the mighty men are broken, and they that stumbled are girded with strength. 5 They that were full have hired out themselves for bread; and they that were hungry ceased: so that the barren hath born seven; and she that hath many children is waxed feeble. 6 The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up.
 1 Samuel 2:7-8 The LORD maketh poor, and maketh rich: he bringeth low, and lifteth up. 8 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD’S, and he hath set the world upon them.
- Who can make you poor, and who can make you rich? Who can bring you low, and who can raise you up?
- GOD CAN. He raises the poor up out of the dust. He lifts up the beggar from the dunghill.
- He sets them among princes and makes them to inherit the throne of glory.
- THE PILLARS THAT HOLD UP THE EARTH ARE THE LORD’S. Understand that right now.
This is an amazing prayer from Hannah through the Holy Spirit of God. God does all these things.
- And it only takes one thing and that one thing is FAITH. That’s it.
- When you have faith in God, you are made rich spiritually. This doesn’t always mean worldly riches.
- But it can mean that too IF these riches are needed to fulfill God’s will.
 Job 1:1-3 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil. 2 And there were born unto him seven sons and three daughters. 3 His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east.
- Job was blessed both spiritually and physically just as Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
- You can imagine how much land it would take for 7000 sheep, 3000 camels, 500 hundred yoke of oxen or 1000 total oxen, and 500 hundred she asses.
- Job had a VERY GREAT household meaning he had lots of family and servants there with him.
- He was THE GREATEST of all the men of the east. He had the most of anyone in the east.
So, listen, you don’t have to be poor to be a man of God or a woman of God. God HIMSELF never says this.
- Some churches and so-called “Christian” denominations will teach these things.
- You should NEVER put money at the top of your priority list. EVER. All you need to put up there is God.
- That’s what Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Job did. They put God at the top and didn’t worry about money.
- If you go after money in your life and make it your priority, it won’t be God that is blessing you.
 Proverbs 3:9-10 Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: 10 So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.
- You should always honor the Lord with the firstfruits of all thine increase.
- Notice this says, “THE FIRSTFRUITS OF ALL THINE INCREASE.” Why?
- Because the increase comes from God. Honor God. Love God. Trust God.
- “So shall thy barns be filled with plenty.”
- You won’t want for anything when you trust in God and honor Him.
 Proverbs 10:22 The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.
- Eternal life makes you rich! There is no greater blessing or riches than LIFE ETERNAL.
- No sorrow comes from “THE BLESSING” of the THE LORD.
- You won’t be sorry once you believe on Jesus Christ.
 Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
- Always seek FIRST the kingdom of God and His righteousness. Remember that.
- Don’t make the mistake of seeking worldly wealth and riches. SEEK GOD.
- Let’s continue in Genesis Chapter 13 verse 3.
 Genesis 13:3 And he went on his journeys from the south even to Beth-el, unto the place where his tent had been at the beginning, between Beth-el and Hai;
- Let’s take a look at the location of Abram in this Scripture.
- In Genesis Chapter 12, we saw Abram at Beth-el. This is where his tent had been at the beginning.
- BETWEEN BETH-EL AND HAI. Take a look at this map.
- Bethel and Ai are just above the section of land reserved for the Benjamites.
- You’ll find Bethel and Ai in the area of land reserved for the tribe of Ephraim.
- They are just north of Jerusalem there and Northwest of Jericho.
- Again, Beth-el and Ai is where Abram returns after he leaves Egypt.
Beth-El Is A Very Important Place
If you study Beth-el in the Bible, you’ll see that it’s a very important place. Beth-el shows up in 59 Scriptures.
- We find that Beth-el was first called Luz. Beth-el means HOUSE OF GOD.
- Remember, Abram built an altar to the Lord there at Beth-el.
- I don’t have time to go over all the Scriptures about Beth-el but I want to mention some of them.
 Genesis 35:6-8 So Jacob came to Luz, which is in the land of Canaan, that is, Beth-el, he and all the people that were with him. 7 And he built there an altar, and called the place El-beth-el: because there God appeared unto him, when he fled from the face of his brother. 8 But Deborah Rebekah’s nurse died, and she was buried beneath Beth-el under an oak: and the name of it was called Allon-bachuth.
- Beth-el is the house of God. And God says that HE IS THE GOD OF BETH-EL.
 Joshua 7:2-3 And Joshua sent men from Jericho to Ai, which is beside Beth-aven, on the east side of Beth-el, and spake unto them, saying, Go up and view the country. And the men went up and viewed Ai. 3 And they returned to Joshua, and said unto him, Let not all the people go up; but let about two or three thousand men go up and smite Ai; and make not all the people to labour thither; for they are but few.
- We see Joshua in the same place as Abram in Genesis Chapter 13.
 Judges 1:22-23 And the house of Joseph, they also went up against Beth-el: and the LORD was with them. 23 And the house of Joseph sent to descry Beth-el. (Now the name of the city before was Luz.)
- If you remember the map of Beth-el, you’ll remember this was under Ephraim’s possession.
- Joshua was of the tribe of Ephraim. Ephraim was one of the sons of Joseph.
 1 Samuel 7:15-16 And Samuel judged Israel all the days of his life. 16 And he went from year to year in circuit to Beth-el, and Gilgal, and Mizpeh, and judged Israel in all those places.
- SAMUEL went from year to year in circuit to BETH-EL. He judged Israel in Beth-el.
 1 Kings 12:28-30 Whereupon the king took counsel, and made two calves of gold, and said unto them, It is too much for you to go up to Jerusalem: behold thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt. 29 And he set the one in Beth-el, and the other put he in Dan. 30 And this thing became a sin: for the people went to worship before the one, even unto Dan.
- This is talking about the EVIL KING Jeroboam. He actually sets a calf of gold in God’s house in Beth-el.
 1 Kings 12:32 And Jeroboam ordained a feast in the eighth month, on the fifteenth day of the month, like unto the feast that is in Judah, and he offered upon the altar. So did he in Beth-el, sacrificing unto the calves that he had made: and he placed in Beth-el the priests of the high places which he had made.
- Jeroboam was an evil, evil king of Israel.
 1 Kings 13:1 And, behold, there came a man of God out of Judah by the word of the LORD unto Beth-el: and Jeroboam stood by the altar to burn incense.
- Remember, this is the same place where Abram built in altar to the Lord in Genesis Chapter 12 and 13.
- When you’re reading the Bible, you can now make all these connections between Beth-el.
 2 Kings 2:2 And Elijah said unto Elisha, Tarry here, I pray thee; for the LORD hath sent me to Beth-el. And Elisha said unto him, As the LORD liveth, and as thy soul liveth, I will not leave thee. So they went down to Beth-el.
 2 Kings 2:23 And he went up from thence unto Beth-el: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
- We know this story well because the pastor at the last church I was at hates this story.
- Long story short. DON’T MOCK ELISHA. This happened when he was going to Beth-el.
- And remember, Beth-el means house of God. I want to read you last Scriptures in the Bible about Beth-el.
 Amos 7:10-11 Then Amaziah the priest of Beth-el sent to Jeroboam king of Israel, saying, Amos hath conspired against thee in the midst of the house of Israel: the land is not able to bear all his words. 11 For thus Amos saith, Jeroboam shall die by the sword, and Israel shall surely be led away captive out of their own land.
 Amos 7:12-13 Also Amaziah said unto Amos, O thou seer, go, flee thee away into the land of Judah, and there eat bread, and prophesy there: 13 But prophesy not again any more at Beth-el: for it is the king’s chapel, and it is the king’s court.
- We see Amos prophesy in Beth-el against Jeroboam the evil king that set up false gods.
- He set up those false gods in the HOUSE OF GOD. That’s a very idiotic thing to do. Very dumb.
- So, we’re in Genesis Chapter 14 with Abram in Beth-el where he first set up an altar to the Lord.
 Genesis 13:4 Unto the place of the altar, which he had made there at the first: and there Abram called on the name of the LORD.
- We see Abram call on the name of the Lord again.
- Calling on the name of the Lord is something you do once you believe on the Lord.
 Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
- Is it the calling upon the name of the Lord that saves you? No, it’s not.
- You MUST first believe on the Lord, and then you can call upon Him.
 Romans 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
- So, whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Yes, this is a true statement.
- But you can’t call upon the Lord unless you’ve first believed on the Lord.
- And believing ON THE LORD is what saves you. Abraham called upon the Lord because he believed.
 1 Corinthians 1:1-3 Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother, 2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours: 3 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord here at this church.
- We know that He is the only ONE who can save us. We know that salvation is not of ourselves.
 Genesis 4:26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.
- We see Enos, the son of Seth, calling upon the name of the Lord.
- And who was Seth? Seth was Adam and Eve’s third son.
- THEN BEGAN MEN TO CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD. Calling upon the Lord means you’re saved.
 Psalm 116:2 Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.
 Psalm 116:13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.
 Psalm 116:17 I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD.
- In order to call God, HE MUST BE LISTENING. And He will listen if you believe on Him.
- If you trust Him with all your heart, soul, and mind, THEN He will hear you.
- You can try to call upon the Lord, but if you don’t have faith, He won’t hear you.
- You can’t be saved by trying to call upon the Lord without having faith in the Lord.
- In other words, He won’t take your call and hear your call unless you trust in Him.
What Are You Placing Your Trust In?
This is why I question the salvation of so-called “Christians” who trust in an evil vaccine over the God of all things.
- God commands us throughout the Bible to trust in Him.
- People who don’t trust in Him would take a vaccine. Take a stand for God for once in your life.
- BE A MAN AND STAND UP AND FIGHT BACK FOR GOD. I trust in God. And I will stand up for Him.
- I might die for it, but so be it. I am happy to die for MY GOD AND MY SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST. Bring it on.
 Psalm 105:1 O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people.
- I will give thanks to the Lord and call upon His name. I will make known HIS DEEDS among the people.
- I will let people know that GOD IS LIFE. He is the source of all life. A vaccine contains dead things.
- God is full of life. If you want life, you better go to God. If you’re scared of death, you better to go to God.
- If you would rather trust in an evil vaccine, then God won’t hear your call.
 Isaiah 1:15 And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.
 Jeremiah 11:14 Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up a cry or prayer for them: for I will not hear them in the time that they cry unto me for their trouble.
- Hey, death is coming for you. Who are you going to put your trust in? A SHOT FULL OF DEAD THINGS???
- God won’t hear your cry. Start trusting in the Almighty God of ALL CREATION!!! Wake up!!!
 Proverbs 1:28-30 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: 29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD: 30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
- People would rather fear a disease or a sickness over the FEAR OF THE LORD.
- You should actually fear the Lord because He is something to be feared. Not Covid-19.
- Not the Covid Delta variant. Not Covid alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon, zeta, eta, theta, iota, kappa, lambda, mu, pi, rho, sigma, tau, phi chi, psi, or the Covid Omega variant that is sure to be coming soon.
 1 Chronicles 16:25 For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised: he also is to be feared above all gods.
 Psalm 76:7 Thou, even thou, art to be feared: and who may stand in thy sight when once thou art angry?
 Psalm 76:11 Vow, and pay unto the LORD your God: let all that be round about him bring presents unto him that ought to be feared.
- GOD ALMIGHTY is “THE ONE” who ought to be feared. Jesus Christ ought to be feared.
 Psalm 89:7 God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints, and to be had in reverence of all them that are about him.
 Psalm 96:4 For the LORD is great, and greatly to be praised: he is to be feared above all gods.
- God never once commands us to fear anyone or anything else. Not once. WE FEAR GOD HERE.
- If you want to fear anything else, this isn’t the place you want to be. We don’t fear anything but God.
- We will call upon the Lord here just as Abram called upon the Lord in Genesis Chapter 13.
 Genesis 13:5-6 And Lot also, which went with Abram, had flocks, and herds, and tents. 6 And the land was not able to bear them, that they might dwell together: for their substance was great, so that they could not dwell together.
- We see that both Abram and his nephew, Lot, were rich with flocks, herds, and tents.
- There wasn’t enough land that they could dwell together. Flocks and herds require a lot of land.
- THEIR SUBSTANCE WAS GREAT. Both Abram and Lot were saved men.
- 2 Peter Chapter 2 tells us that Lot was a just man and a righteous man.
- God blessed Abram and Lot with wealth and riches. We know that God protects Lot.
- We also know that Lot makes a big mistake here in Genesis Chapter 13. Let’s keep reading.
 Genesis 13:7-8 And there was a strife between the herdmen of Abram’s cattle and the herdmen of Lot’s cattle: and the Canaanite and the Perizzite dwelled then in the land. 8 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdmen and thy herdmen; for we be brethren.
- Because of their great substance, we see a strife between the herdmen of Abram and Lot.
- Abram didn’t want any strife between them because Lot and Abram were BRETHREN.
- They were both saved men and children of God. THEY WERE BRETHREN. That’s what this means.
- We shouldn’t have strife between SAVED PEOPLE OF GOD.
We Know The Bible Is The Truth
We use the Bible as our TRUTH. Not the word of an ignorant President of the United States.
- The word of the government is not the truth as they now believe.
- The President believes that whatever he says is truth. He thinks he is god.
- But he’s not. He’ll be dead in several more years. He’s not God. Whatever he speaks isn’t truth.
All of these people living in this world today, including you and I, will be dead in some amount of years from now.
- But God won’t be dead. GOD CANNOT DIE. God speaks the truth. Stop trusting in everything else.
- Stop trusting in these idiotic news reporters that make up whatever they want and act as if it’s truth.
- They make up lies, and they think it’s okay because they believe their lies are best for everyone.
- They think their lies will lead to a better world. LIES DON’T LEAD TO A BETTER WORLD.
- We seek the truth, and the truth alone is in God’s word.
- We don’t create the strife when we use God’s words. LIARS CREATE THE STRIFE AGAINST GOD.
- But, we brethren, as children of God, shouldn’t have strife because we use His words as truth.
 Genesis 13:9 Is not the whole land before thee? separate thyself, I pray thee, from me: if thou wilt take the left hand, then I will go to the right; or if thou depart to the right hand, then I will go to the left.
- Abram gives his nephew Lot the choice of the land. “If you take the left, I will take the right.”
- “If you take the right, I will take the left.” Abram didn’t choose the best and take it from Lot.
- He gives Lot the choice. When you have God on your side, it doesn’t matter.
- God can do anything. Do you understand this? GOD CAN DO ANYTHING FOR YOU IF YOU LOVE HIM.
- Do you love Him? If so, follow His commandments. Abram loved God. He didn’t care which land Lot took.
- Don’t fight over things with your true brethren. Give them the choice if there’s something you both want.
 1 Corinthians 6:7 Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?
- Don’t go to the law or to court with your saved brethren. This is a command from God.
- Don’t fight over worldly things like land. TAKE THE WRONG. Suffer yourselves to be defrauded.
- You have to understand that God will take care of the situation between His children.
- If one child does another wrong, know and understand that God will take care of it. Guaranteed.
- This is why Abram didn’t want a strife with his brother in Christ. “Take the land you want.”
 Genesis 13:10-11 And Lot lifted up his eyes, and beheld all the plain of Jordan, that it was well watered every where, before the LORD destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, even as the garden of the LORD, like the land of Egypt, as thou comest unto Zoar. 11 Then Lot chose him all the plain of Jordan; and Lot journeyed east: and they separated themselves the one from the other.
- Abram gives Lot the choice of land so Lot chooses the best for himself.
- He chooses the location in which he thinks he can get the most gain for himself.
- “It’s well watered everywhere.” It’s just like the garden of the Lord.
- “It’s just like the land of Egypt as you come unto Zoar.” It’s a great piece of land.
- So Lot chooses all the plain of Jordan. He journeys to the east. They separate from each other.
- Why did they separate? So there wouldn’t be any more strife between them.
 Genesis 13:12-13 Abram dwelled in the land of Canaan, and Lot dwelled in the cities of the plain, and pitched his tent toward Sodom. 13 But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the LORD exceedingly.
- Lot chooses the best land. Why? So he can gain wealth from this land. Right? Did he not?
- Lot pitched his tent towards Sodom. But the men of Sodom were EXCEEDINGLY WICKED.
- The men of Sodom were sinners before the Lord exceedingly.
- Should you go to the place you can make the most money even if the place is wicked and evil?
- OF COURSE NOT. But that’s what Lot does here. He pitched his tent toward Sodom.
- Don’t ever dwell with the wicked so you can gain more money.
- Don’t make friends with the wicked so you can gain financially.
 Psalm 26:4-5 I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers. 5 I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked.
- This is what you need to be like. Don’t be like Lot. Be like this. Get away from the wicked.
- “But I can make more money being around the wicked!!!” Okay, see what happens.
 2 Peter 2:7-8 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked: 8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)
- Lot allowed his wife, children, and family to live in that FILTH too. God called it filthy.
- Lot lost his wife over this. Lot’s daughters laid with a drunken Lot and had children.
- Where do you think they learned all of this nasty and wicked stuff? They lived in Sodom.
- They lived in an evil and wicked place all so Lot could gain more money.
- Will you do things like this? Do you want your family to be around FILTH like the city of Sodom?
What was the filth in Sodom? What was the wickedness in Sodom?
- Lot vexed his righteous soul with the FILTHY CONVERSATION OF THE WICKED.
- There were sodomites living in Sodom. There were homosexuals in Sodom. They are filthy dogs.
- They abuse each other. They are FILLED WITH ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS the Bible says.
- There is no love within a sodomite. There is no love at all within them. They are exceedingly wicked.
All Sin Is NOT Equal
So, is some sin greater than others? Some “Christian” parrots love to repeat: “ALL SIN IS EQUAL.”
- They don’t have a clue what they’re saying, and they have no Scripture at all to back that up.
- Is this true? Is all sin equal? Genesis Chapter 13 sure doesn’t tell us that all sin is equal.
- The sin of Sodom was EXCEEDINGLY SINFUL. The Bible says this.
Does God give different punishments for breaking His laws? YES HE DOES.
- This means that all sin is not equal. Any sin will send you to hell, but all sin is not equal.
- Stealing a candy bar from a grocery store is not equal to murder.
- Having a foolish thought is not the same as kidnapping a child.
 Matthew 23:14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows’ houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
- Why would there be a greater damnation if some sinners are much worse than others?
- There will be different levels in hell. Jesus says so right there.
- “Therefore ye shall receive the GREATER DAMNATION.”
 Genesis 18:20 And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;
- The sin of sodomy is very grievous to God. HE SAYS SO. Sodomites say, “No, it’s not bad.”
- GOD SAYS DIFFERENT. “Because their sin is very grievous.”
 Isaiah 3:9 The shew of their countenance doth witness against them; and they declare their sin as Sodom, they hide it not. Woe unto their soul! for they have rewarded evil unto themselves.
- They don’t hide it. Sodomites are proud of their sins. PRIDE. That’s what they have in their sin.
- They are proud of being a homosexual when it’s actually sick and nasty.
 Jude 7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
- That’s a serious punishment for sodomites. “SUFFERING THE VENGEANCE OF ETERNAL FIRE.”
- Yes, there are different punishments for different sin. Becoming a sodomite is punished with eternal fire.
- Is that what the sodomites want? They could care less. They burn in their lust towards each other.
- They go after strange flesh. They are worthy of eternal fire in hell the Bible says. GOD SAYS SO.
- So yes, there are different levels of sin. The Bible proves this over and over again.
- And Lot chooses to pitch his tent in the direction of sodomites. WOW. All for money.
 Genesis 13:14-15 And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: 15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.
- The Lord waits until Abram is separated from Lot. “Lift up now thine eyes.”
- “Look, Abram, in every direction. Look to the north, south, east, and west.”
- “I will give you all this land which thou seest. To thee will I give it, and to thy seed forever.”
- This is the promised land. The seed of Abraham will inherit the promised land forever.
Who is the seed of Abraham? You want to be the seed of Abraham so you inherit the promised land, right?
- We actually MUST be of the seed of Abraham to enter into the kingdom of heaven.
- If you aren’t of the seed of Abraham, you won’t enter into heaven. This is very important to understand.
 2 Chronicles 20:7 Art not thou our God, who didst drive out the inhabitants of this land before thy people Israel, and gavest it to the seed of Abraham thy friend for ever?
- Who is the friend of God FOREVER? Who does God give eternal life to? To all those who believe in Him.
- Abraham believed and it was accounted to him for righteousness. Abraham had faith.
- Children of faith are the seed of Abraham. It’s not the physical seed of Abraham.
 Romans 9:6-8 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: 7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. 8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
- The children of the promise are counted for the seed. What’s that mean?
 Romans 4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
- THE PROMISED LAND is only reached through faith. There is no other way.
- It doesn’t matter if Abraham is your grandfather. Abraham was Esau’s grandfather.
- God hated Esau. God loved Jacob. They were twin brothers from the same parents.
- Jacob had faith in God. Esau didn’t. Jacob inherited the promised land. Esau didn’t.
- The seed of Abraham are all the children of God who have faith in God.
- Now, let’s go back to Genesis Chapter 13 and read verses 14 and 15 once again.
 Genesis 13:14-15 And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: 15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.
- You will inherit the promised land. So Abram allows Lot to choose the land he likes best.
- Lot is now separated from Abram. God tells Abram to look around. ALL OF THIS IS YOURS.
- I am giving this land to your seed forever. Esau will never see this land.
- The Pharisees will never see the promised land.
- Obviously, this doesn’t mean the physical seed of Abraham.
- Understand that all the physical seed of Abraham are not saved.
- In John Chapter 8, Jesus is talking to JEWS. Listen to what Jesus, the Almighty God, says here.
 John 8:37-39 I know that ye are Abraham’s seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. 38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father. 39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
 John 8:40-42 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. 41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. 42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
 John 8:43-45 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
- If you won’t believe the word of God over all the other words in this world, you aren’t of God.
- You aren’t Abraham’s seed unless you believe “IN” Jesus Christ.
- Jesus tells the Jews in this Scripture, the physical seed of Abraham, that they are not of Abraham.
- They are the physical seed of Abraham, but they are of their father the devil.
- Abraham believed. They do not. They hate Jesus Christ. Abraham did not. Do you see this now?
- There is a SPIRITUAL SEED of Abraham that is of Abraham. If you believe, you are that seed of Abraham.
 Genesis 13:16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.
- Again, this is talking about ALL PEOPLE who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- This is all people who trust in Jesus Christ. This is Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Joshua, Gideon.
- This is Sarah, Rebekah, Rachel, Rahab, Ruth, Hannah. This is John the Baptist, Paul, Peter, John, Timothy.
- This is Elizabeth, Mary, Martha, Priscilla. This is all the people who have faith in Jesus Christ.
- There’s many of them. Whose side would you rather be on? I want Abraham as my friend.
- I don’t want a Pharisee as my friend. I want someone I can trust. I want Joshua as my friend.
I Want The People Of God As My Friend And God Himself
I want Enoch, Elijah, and Elisha as my friend. I want to sit with Jephthah one day in the kingdom of God.
- I want to sit with David one day in heaven. But I especially want to be with Jesus Christ one day.
- We’re going to have tons and tons of friends in heaven. We’re all going to have FAITH in common.
- We will gather together in the kingdom of God. We are as the dust of the earth. There are lots of us.
- We will join Jesus Christ on white horses one day for the Battle of Armageddon.
- We may be outnumbered, but we won’t be overpowered. We have ALL THE POWER AND MIGHT with us.
- I’ll look at you on your white horse one day, and say: “See, I told you we’d be here together one day.”
 Hosea 1:10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.
- Are you listening to this today? “YE ARE THE SONS OF THE LIVING GOD.” There is no other God.
- Our God is THE ONLY LIVING GOD. Understand that right now. And we are as the sand of the sea.
- We are not alone in this. The opposition may think they have us, but they will be alone in hell.
- They won’t have any friends. They will be alone and in torments. But we will not be alone.
- WE WILL NEVER BE ALONE. God is with us. He lives here within us.
- His people cannot be measured or numbered. God says, “Believe on me and you are my people.”
- Have faith in God and trust in God.
 Genesis 32:12 And thou saidst, I will surely do thee good, and make thy seed as the sand of the sea, which cannot be numbered for multitude.
 Isaiah 48:19 Thy seed also had been as the sand, and the offspring of thy bowels like the gravel thereof; his name should not have been cut off nor destroyed from before me.
 Hebrews 11:11-12 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised. 12 Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.
- Will you JUDGE God as faithful to His promises to you? Will you believe in Him and His promises?
- Do you believe that He will give you eternal life once you believe on Jesus Christ? Do you trust that?
- I do, and I know it’s the truth. GOD CANNOT LIE. Because I trust God, I am one of those stars in the sky.
- I am one of those in His multitude. I will be there in heaven. Will I see you there?
- Are you one of those who trusts in the Lord God Almighty? If so, I’ll see you there.
- You are one of the stars of the sky as explained there in verse 12.
- We will be a part of this multitude, and it’s going to be absolutely amazing.
 Genesis 13:17 Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.
- Do you see that right there? ARISE, walk through the land in the length and breadth of it.
- “FOR I WILL GIVE IT UNTO THEE.” This land will be our land. This earth will be our earth.
- We will inherit the new heaven and the new earth. God will give all of this to us.
 Genesis 28:4 And give thee the blessing of Abraham, to thee, and to thy seed with thee; that thou mayest inherit the land wherein thou art a stranger, which God gave unto Abraham.
- Right now, we are strangers to this world. But we will inherit the new earth.
- God has amazing blessings in store for all of us who love Him and follow His commandments.
- It’s going to be better than you could ever imagine.
- ARISE AND WALK THROUGH THE LAND FOR I WILL GIVE IT UNTO THEE.
- It’s going to be amazing to hear this one day.
- God says to you, “ARISE AND WALK through this new earth. It’s yours.” You don’t want to miss that day.
- And you won’t miss it IF you would simply put all your trust and faith in Jesus Christ.
 Psalm 105:42-45 For he remembered his holy promise, and Abraham his servant. 43 And he brought forth his people with joy, and his chosen with gladness: 44 And gave them the lands of the heathen: and they inherited the labour of the people; 45 That they might observe his statutes, and keep his laws. Praise ye the LORD.
- God will remember you when you’re one of His children who trust in Him.
- “God, please remember me. God, please don’t forget me.”
 Luke 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
- That’s all it took right there for that thief on the cross next to Jesus to be saved.
- He had faith in Jesus. He knew who Jesus was. “Lord, remember me.” And Jesus does and did.
- That’s all you have to say in faith. “LORD, REMEMBER ME.”
- God remembered Abraham, and God will remember you. PRAISE YE THE LORD!!!
Abram Moves To Hebron
 Genesis 13:18 Then Abram removed his tent, and came and dwelt in the plain of Mamre, which is in Hebron, and built there an altar unto the LORD.
- I am going to bring the map back up that we saw earlier.
- We see that Abram moves to the plain of Mamre in Hebron and dwells there.
- He was around Bethel, which you see in the area of Ephraim there.
- And now you see Hebron just below the larger word Judah on the map.
- So now Hebron is in the area which is given to the tribe of Judah later on.
- Abram builds an altar to the Lord too. Abram constantly is calling upon the Lord.
- So, do you remember who inherits Hebron in the Book of Joshua? We’ll close with this today.
- Let’s look to Joshua Chapter 14. I love this Scripture. Listen closely.
 Joshua 14:6 Then the children of Judah came unto Joshua in Gilgal: and Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenezite said unto him, Thou knowest the thing that the LORD said unto Moses the man of God concerning me and thee in Kadesh-barnea.
- Caleb was of the tribe of Judah. Caleb and Joshua knew each other well.
- Caleb speaks to Joshua, and I guarantee you that Joshua listened to his faithful friend Caleb.
 Joshua 14:7-8 Forty years old was I when Moses the servant of the LORD sent me from Kadesh-barnea to espy out the land; and I brought him word again as it was in mine heart. 8 Nevertheless my brethren that went up with me made the heart of the people melt: but I wholly followed the LORD my God.
- Caleb WHOLLY followed the Lord HIS GOD. He was one of those 12 spies sent out to the land.
- Guess who else was one of the 12 spies? JOSHUA WAS ONE OF THE TWELVE. Caleb was one of the 12.
- Joshua and Caleb gave a good report of the land. They were united with their great faith in God.
- Joshua knew Caleb very well. CALEB AND JOSHUA WHOLLY FOLLOWED THE LORD.
 Joshua 14:9-10 And Moses sware on that day, saying, Surely the land whereon thy feet have trodden shall be thine inheritance, and thy children’s for ever, because thou hast wholly followed the LORD my God. 10 And now, behold, the LORD hath kept me alive, as he said, these forty and five years, even since the LORD spake this word unto Moses, while the children of Israel wandered in the wilderness: and now, lo, I am this day fourscore and five years old.
 Joshua 14:11-12 As yet I am as strong this day as I was in the day that Moses sent me: as my strength was then, even so is my strength now, for war, both to go out, and to come in. 12 Now therefore give me this mountain, whereof the LORD spake in that day; for thou heardest in that day how the Anakims were there, and that the cities were great and fenced: if so be the LORD will be with me, then I shall be able to drive them out, as the LORD said.
 Joshua 14:13-14 And Joshua blessed him, and gave unto Caleb the son of Jephunneh Hebron for an inheritance. 14 Hebron therefore became the inheritance of Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenezite unto this day, because that he wholly followed the LORD God of Israel.
- Hebron was given to Caleb. This is where Abram is dwelling now in Genesis Chapter 13.
- Why was Hebron given to Caleb? Because he wholly followed the Lord.
- We need to be like Caleb and WHOLLY FOLLOW THE LORD. We need to be strong for God.
- What city will God give you? Will you not get a city? Or will you get an important city like Hebron?
- Hebron was the capital city of JUDAH where King David reigned before he moved to Jerusalem.
- Will you WHOLLY FOLLOW THE LORD? Will you be like Abram, Caleb, and Joshua? Or not?
- I hope today with everything that I have that you choose to wholly follow the Lord.
- I hope you’ve enjoyed this study in Genesis Chapter 13 today as much as I have.