The title of the sermon today is “GENESIS CHAPTER 2.”
God Created Everything In Six Days
- Please turn to Genesis Chapter 2. This should be very easy to find.
- It’s just one chapter over from the very beginning of the Bible.
- We studied Genesis Chapter 1 in detail already.
- You can find that sermon on the website if you want to take a look and catch up with us here in Chapter 2.
- Let’s start there in verse 1.
 Genesis 2:1-3 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
- We learned in Chapter 1 that God created everything in 6 literal 24 hour days.
- Here in this verse, we learn that everything was finished in 6 days.
- On the seventh day, God ended His work which He had made.
- He rested on the seventh day from all His work.
- So God blessed the seventh day because He had rested on that day. He had finished His work.
- Did God get tired and need the rest? Does God need a break from us at any time?
- There’s a lot of false teaching on this so I want to make sure we get this right.
- The Bible tells us that God doesn’t get tired, faint, or weary.
 Isaiah 40:28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.
- God doesn’t get tired. Does God sleep? Let’s see what the Bible says.
 Psalm 121:2-4 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. 3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. 4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
- So, in Genesis Chapter 2 we learn that God rests for a very specific purpose.
- It must be something very important because God doesn’t get tired.
- Why is He resting on the seventh day if He doesn’t get tired?
The Sabbath Day Is A Picture Of Salvation
I want you to see what Hebrews Chapter 4 says about this because it references back to Genesis 2 that we just read.
- And look, this is amazing because God resting in day 7 is a picture of salvation. Salvation is not of works.
- We you’re saved, you can now rest easy within your soul and know that God did all the work for YOUR salvation.
- We’re going to look at Hebrews Chapter 4, but know that Hebrews Chapter 3 talks about the Israelites in the wilderness.
- It says they couldn’t enter into God’s rest because of unbelief.
- They were constantly working and thought that doing those things were good BUT they weren’t believing on God.
- With that said, let’s read Hebrews Chapter 4 starting in verse 1.
 Hebrews 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
- When you hear the end of that verse there, it should immediately remind you of Romans 3:23 which says this:
 Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
- So entering into God’s rest is salvation. Let’s continue in Hebrews Chapter 4 verse 2.
 Hebrews 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
- The Gospel is preached but it did not profit because there was not faith in those who heard it.
 Hebrews 4:3-4 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
Enter Into God’s Rest
- God says to enter into my rest as the works are finished.
- He’s talking about the seventh day in which God rested. He did all the work and rested.
- He entered into rest. This is a picture of salvation. It’s not of works because God did all the work.
 Hebrews 4:5-6 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. 6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
- If you have unbelief, you cannot enter into His rest.
- You need that moment of belief on Jesus Christ to be saved, and you’re saved.
 Hebrews 4:7-9 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. 8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. 9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
- Remember, this is talking about the Israelites entering into rest.
- They wouldn’t enter into His rest because they wouldn’t believe.
- Now listen to this next verse because this is the one you need to understand that ties back to Genesis Chapter 2 and God resting on the seventh day.
 Hebrews 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
- Look, this right here is telling us that God ceased from His own works and entered into rest.
- To enter into God’s rest, you must cease from believing that it’s your own works that saves you.
- You must understand that FAITH is what saves you. It’s not your works at all.
- If you want to enter into God’s rest, you must understand that it’s not your goodness and good works that get you saved.
This is a requirement to be saved. Cease from believing in your works.
- God’s giving us that picture of salvation when He rested. Do you see that?
- The day of rest, the Sabbath day, is so important because it’s a picture of salvation. It’s not about works.
- It’s about resting in the fact that you know God did all the work for you. Did you know that?
- No one ever explained that to me.
That’s why reading the Bible and studying the Bible is the most important thing you can do.
- Now you understand why the Sabbath day is so important. It’s a picture of salvation.
- Enter into God’s rest through belief on the Lord Jesus Christ to save you. You don’t have to work for it.
- The work is finished God says. He finished it.
- Rest easy within your soul because you have entered into God’s rest.
Can We Now Stop Following God’s Commandments?
Does that mean to stop following God’s commandments? God forbid.
- What it means is you understand that your salvation is established. You have it.
- This changes everything for you.
- You can take a sigh of relief and rest your minds and your souls because God has saved you once you believe.
- You’re saved!!!
We should continue to do what God wants, but know that it’s not saving you.
- Instead, it’s making God smile upon you. It’s making God happy when you do what He asks.
- It’s not saving you. Faith saves. That’s it.
Before we move on, I want to give you another picture of salvation from the Bible that goes with God resting on the Sabbath.
- We’ve talked about the feasts of the Lord before during our Revelation Bible Study.
- Jesus arose from the dead on a Sunday morning or the first day of the week.
- If we go back in time, we’ll see that Jesus died on the cross on a Thursday. This was the 14th of the month.
- Jesus is the PASSOVER lamb because He’s a sacrifice for our sins.
- He died on the Passover.
- The 15th of the month is the first day of the feast of unleavened bread which is automatically a Sabbath day.
And then the Saturday is automatically another Sabbath Day.
- So Jesus is doing all the work when He went to the cross and died for us while His people are resting on the Sabbath Days.
- He’s working hard, and we’re resting. This is another picture of salvation. It’s a gift from God.
- The person giving a gift does all the work for that gift. The person receiving the gift doesn’t work for it.
God’s saying: “HEY, I DID ALL THE WORK.” Enter into my rest by believing on ME TO SAVE YOU.
- When God rested on the seventh day, He did this not because He was tired but to help us understand salvation.
- And we’ve missed it all these years. But now you know.
Must We Keep The Sabbath Day?
Now, do we need to rest on the 7th day which is Saturday and not do any work?
- Personally, I don’t believe we need to observe the Sabbath day because the believers in the New Testament were going out Soul Winning on the Sabbath.
- This is working for God. And that’s what we do. We follow their example.
- Look at what the Bible says in Colossians Chapter 2 starting in verse 16.
 Colossians 2:16-17 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
- This is saying let no man judge you in what you eat and drink from the commandments given in the Old Testament.
- Don’t judge for the holy days like the Passover, Unleavened Bread, Pentecost, and so on.
- And then it also mentions the Sabbath days. It says these are a shadow of things to come.
- These are pictures or images of things to come.
 Romans 14:1-6 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations. 2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs. 3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him. 4 Who art thou that judgest another man’s servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. 5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
- Look, this passage is saying that if you want to set aside a special day of the week for the Lord, then do it.
- There’s nothing wrong with that. Verse 5 right there says that one man esteemeth one day above another.
- If you choose a day for the Lord, that’s your choice and if you’re doing it for God, it’s a good thing.
Again, this is talking about rules for eating, drinking, sabbath days, and holidays.
- There are no set rules for holidays in the New Testament.
- If you want to take Christmas and devote that day to the Lord, this is a good thing.
- If you want to devote it to getting presents and never even talk about God, then it’s not a good thing.
- Same thing for Easter.
- If you want to take it and make it a celebration of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, it’s a good thing.
Do you see that? It’s great to celebrate holidays if they are dedicated to the Lord. God gave us that freedom.
- Now, if you want to use Easter to celebrate the false Sun God then God’s not going to be very happy with that AT ALL.
- July 4th. Use it to thank God for the freedom He’s given us in this country.
- In other words, the Bible doesn’t say we MUST have a Sabbath day in the New Testament.
- There are many examples of that within the New Testament.
 Matthew 12:1-8 At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat. 2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day. 3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him; 4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests? 5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless? 6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple. 7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless. 8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.
- It’s okay to work on Sunday. It’s okay to devote a day of work to the Lord.
- If you’re going out Soul Winning on Saturday, that’s okay to work. It’s okay to work on Saturday.
- Now, are you always working and never setting aside time for God Almighty?
- Is He always second, third, fourth, or even last on your list. Is this you:
- “Well, I didn’t get to reading the Bible today because I was so busy.”
Are You Too Busy For God? Will God Be Too Busy For You?
Well put that the other way around. When you need God, is He going to ignore you because He’s too busy?
- If you keep ignoring Him, He might just ignore you when times get tough.
- Look, we shouldn’t put God first on one day of the week. We need to put Him first every day.
- Don’t skip Church because you’re too busy.
- If you’re working all the time and can’t set aside a few hours each week to come and learn about God, then you have issues.
- This means God isn’t your top priority. Not good. It’s time to get those priorities changed around.
- God knows which priority He is to you. He already knows.
Being in church should be a priority. If you miss one here and there because you needed to work, that’s fine.
- We don’t create a whole new rule of our own that says YOU MUST be in Church every service or you’re going to hell.
- That’s a lie. That would be adding works to salvation.
- And we already learned today that salvation is not of works.
Look, entire denominations and religions are built around the Sabbath Day. There are the Seventh Day Adventists.
- There’s Seventh Day Baptists. They say SATURDAY IS THE SABBATH and we MUST observe it on that day.
- They ignore the verses in the Bible that we just read.
- JESUS CHRIST IS THE SABBATH.
- We’ve entered into REST by believing on Jesus Christ and NOT by doing works.
- This is very clear within the Bible. The Sabbath is a picture of Salvation.
 Exodus 31:17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.
- Salvation is a refreshing and a regeneration.
 Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
- I hope you CLEARLY see that connection now and understand why God rested on the seventh day.
- This tells us that God already had the plan of salvation figured out from the beginning. He is God.
- He knows all. God rested to show us the picture of salvation.
- Back to verse 4 in Genesis Chapter 2.
 Genesis 2:4-5 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens, 5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
- These verses are talking about the 6 days of creation that we talked about in Chapter 1.
- You see, Chapter 1 gave us an overview of the 6 days of creation.
- Now, we’re going to get into more detail.
 Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
- Look, this is a VERY important verse to understand BECAUSE many false preachers say that a baby in the womb isn’t alive yet because they haven’t breathed their first breath.
- Yes, they will use this verse right here to say that.
- They will say abortion is okay because the baby isn’t yet alive.
- People will take anything they can from the Bible and twist it and MURDER babies.
- God breathed the BREATH OF LIFE and man became a living soul.
- This is talking about man receiving a soul that lives.
 Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
- God gave a living soul to man, male and female.
- Look, animals breathe but they don’t have a living soul because the Bible NEVER says so.
- Also, keep in mind that God breathing on man is God giving SPIRIT to His creation.
- He’s making His creation like HIMSELF. He’s living.
 John 20:21-22 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. 22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
- Jesus breathed on His disciples and gave them the Holy Ghost.
- The word SPIRIT and breathing are highly related. Think of what a breathing machine is called.
- It’s called a RESPIRATOR. You can hear the word Spirit within Respirator.
- The Greek word for Spirit means to breathe.
Humans Are Living Souls, But Animals Are Not
God breathed into us and made us a living soul. He didn’t do the same for anything else in His creation.
- Babies have living souls. They are alive before they breathe their first breath of air.
- It’s pretty easy to see that. God didn’t breathe into animals. We don’t evolve from animals.
- They have no living soul. Man, male and female, have living souls.
- If we evolved from animals, there would be a HUGE difference in humans that are living right now.
- But there’s not.
- Wouldn’t you say there’s a HUGE difference between the intelligence of animals and humans?
- We can do so much more than any animal. There’s a clear and distinct difference.
For example, I saw this article not too long ago about a pig that put a little stick in it’s mouth and was scraping the ground with it.
- The so-called “scientific” community was making a huge deal out of it because now the pigs are like humans because they are using tools to dig.
- They said: “SEE, THERE’S PROOF OF EVOLUTION!!!”
- I say: “Okay. And I walk away because that’s a little crazy.”
- In reality, the stick probably got stuck in the pig’s mouth so it was probably an accident.
If those pigs were like us, they would stand up, walk to the car, open the door, have the intelligence to drive it to the rental store, start talking, and ask how much to rent a backhoe.
- Or, they would go get a shovel and start using it.
- Do you see the difference in humans and animals? There’s a CLEAR DISTINCTION.
- Man has a living soul and animals do not.
Churches that have started blessing animals need to wake up. Why are you blessing animals now?
- Are they coming to heaven with us? I know why. You’re trying to make people happy.
- I guess people understand they can’t take their possessions with them so now they’re going to bless their animals and take them to heaven with them.
- Lies, lies, and more lies. Let it go. It’s an animal.
- Focus on getting humans to heaven who actually have living souls because the Bible says they do.
- Let’s continue in verse 8 of Genesis Chapter 2.
 Genesis 2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
- So God formed the man and put the man in the garden of Eden which was planted eastward.
 Genesis 2:9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
- God made every tree that is pleasant to the sight and good for food to grow in the garden of Eden.
- The tree of life was in the midst or middle of the garden and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
- Those 2 types of trees are mentioned specifically here so keep those in mind as we continue.
- We see the tree of life mentioned a few times in the Book of Revelation.
 Revelation 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
- Him that overcometh is he who believes on the Son of God.
- If you believe on the Son of God, you will eat from the tree of life in heaven.
- The tree of the knowledge of good and evil is the one that Adam and Eve eat from so keep that in mind.
- The tree of life and the tree of knowledge of good and evil are very important trees.
- Let’s continue in verse 10 of Genesis Chapter 2.
 Genesis 2:10-14 And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads. 11 The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold; 12 And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone. 13 And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia. 14 And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.
- There’s ONE RIVER coming out of the Garden of Eden and it splits into 4 heads.
- Those 4 heads that are mentioned here are the Pison, Gihon, Hiddekel, and the Euphrates.
- Remember, we’re only in Genesis Chapter 2 right here and the flood hasn’t happened yet.
- But look, we still have a Euphrates River in the same area today.
- And the Tigris River is most likely the Hiddekel based on a verse in the Book of Daniel.
The Flood Didn’t Completely Destroy The Makeup Of The Earth
So it looks like the great flood didn’t completely destroy the makeup of the Earth.
- It destroyed all life from the face of the Earth.
- Also, if you look at verse 13 you’ll see Ethiopia is mentioned and it’s still here on Earth in that general area.
- And we talked about this a little in Genesis Chapter 1, but heaven and the Garden of Eden is similar.
- It’s a picture of heaven. You’ll see that God mentions gold in the land of Havilah.
- He mentions bdellium and the onyx stone.
- Both heaven and the garden of Eden have gold, precious stones, rivers, and the tree of life.
- Remember that garden of Eden is a picture of heaven.
 Revelation 21:18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
- I believe Genesis 2:11 and 12 mentions gold and precious stones as a hint that it’s a picture of heaven.
- Let’s keep going in verse 15 of Genesis Chapter 2.
 Genesis 2:15-17 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: 17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
- So God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to dress it and keep it.
- And then we see a commandment from God in verse 16.
- He tells him he can eat of every tree of the garden freely EXCEPT the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
- God was VERY CLEAR about this. He says YOU SHALL NOT EAT OF THAT TREE!
- If you do, you shall surely die.
So He gives man one very simple and easy commandment right here.
- He says: “Look, you can eat of everything else BUT do not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.”
- That’s not hard to understand.
- In Genesis Chapter 1 verse 28, God gives the commandment to man to be fruitful, multiply, and replenish the earth BUT that was given once Eve was created.
- In other words, Genesis 2:16 and 17 is the VERY FIRST COMMANDMENT given to man.
- Remember that. The first commandment was given directly to the man to NOT EAT of that tree.
- Eve wasn’t there yet. Adam received the commandment directly from God.
So today, if there was a room full of candy and I told my children they could have ALL of it freely BUT do not eat from this table full of Sour Patch Kids.
- Have everything else but do not eat these Sour Patch Kids on this table.
- What do you think would happen?
- They would head over to that table immediately and start testing them out.
- They might look at them and say what’s this stuff on them. They would take a little taste of the sugar.
- They would say: “Hey, this tastes good. And it looks good too.” Same thing as Adam and Eve.
Will You Obey God Or Not?
I gave them the choice to make. Are they going to obey me or not? God did the same thing.
- He gave Adam everything but told him NOT TO EAT from one single tree.
- He could have everything else, but not that one.
- People today believe that God is so strict.
- They don’t want to be a part of a church because they figure they’re going to be told they can’t do certain things.
- And yes, that’s right, you can’t be doing evil things. But look at everything you can do! It’s amazing.
- But instead, we want to do the evil things that God tells us not to do. Those are the things we want.
In reality, there’s not much that we can’t do. God’s rules aren’t difficult.
- He shows us that with the Garden of Eden. God’s rules are NOTHING like the rules that man make.
- Look at what we’ve done. We make rules about everything. We make new laws every day.
- One bill might be a thousand pages. One bill is longer than the entire Bible. God isn’t like that.
- He gives us so much freedom to make our own choices. Do you see that?
Look, He says don’t fornicate. Choose a husband or a wife and enjoy them. Why can’t we do that?
- Why can’t we choose a husband or wife for life and leave the rest alone?
- We don’t get other men and women. We get one God says. Take that one and enjoy them for life.
- It turns out much better that way because God says so.
- Believe it or not, God is much, much, much smarter than us. He knows best. Let’s do what He says.
- It’s not that difficult.
God is a great God. Look what He gives us. Do you realize what God has given you?
- Every day He holds this entire creation together for you to live.
- He gives you oxygen, water, sun light, and the most basic of all things.
- He gives us things that we don’t even think about and take for granted.
- He even does it for the people who HATE Him.
 Matthew 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
- He’s a good, good Father that loves us very much.
- He gives each and every person who has ever lived the chance to believe Him or not.
- God gives us FREEDOM. He gives us choices. He doesn’t give us that many laws.
- He says: “Hey, don’t kill. Don’t steal. Don’t covet was someone else has. Don’t commit adultery. That’s not yours. Don’t take from other people.”
- He says: “Hey, just believe on me and I’ll save you forever!!!” You don’t even have to work for it.
- What else could we want? How much easier could it be?
Going Up Against God Is Rebellion
But instead, we would rather go against every rule God sets. Some people don’t want any body above them.
- They want to be their own God. And guess what? That’s when God gets tough.
- He says: “You want to be that way. Okay. Be that way. You want to do evil?”
- He says, “I’ll repay you with evil.” You want to do good? He says, “I’ll repay you with good.”
 Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
- Here’s another example. God gives us all of these amazing drinks that we can drink and that don’t hurt us.
- You don’t see them around much, but they’re there.
- You have amazing teas, coffees, lemonade, limeade, real fruit juices, and water.
- But instead, most people are focused on alcohol. We love it because it gives us a good feeling.
- Drink enough of it, and we do stupid things and say stupid things. Why?
We have all these choices, but we’re drawn to the one thing God doesn’t want us to have.
- That’s what we do. It’s whatever makes us happy. That’s not good.
- People don’t like God telling them what to do. And He gives us so much that we can do, but we want it all.
- We don’t want anyone telling us what to do.
- If you tell us what to do, we’ll do the opposite just to make you mad.
 Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
- Pay close attention to this verse. It says: “In the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.”
- Did Adam physically die when he ate of the tree? No, because it’s not talking about a physical death here.
- It’s talking about a spiritual death. It’s obvious because Adam and Eve didn’t physically die that day.
- Our spirit is dead in sin until we believe on Jesus Christ.
- There are many passages in the Bible that say so and this matches perfectly with Genesis 2:17.
- Here’s a couple of those passages.
 Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
 Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
- Until we believe on Jesus Christ as our only Lord and Savior, we are spiritually dead because we sin.
- All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. There is none righteous, no not one.
- There is not good but God. We are sinners and dead spiritually UNTIL we believe on Jesus to save us.
- Adam didn’t start out like us. He wasn’t a sinner from the beginning.
- He didn’t have the seed of sin within him like we do. He was alive in his spirit until he sinned.
- When he chose to eat of the fruit of the ONLY tree that God said not to, he became a sinner and died spiritually that day.
- That same spirit of life was regenerated when Adam then believed the promises from God and put his faith in God alone.
- Let’s continue in verse 18 of Genesis Chapter 2.
 Genesis 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
- Right after God tells Adam not to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, He says that it’s not good for Adam to be alone.
- He says He will make a helper for Him. So right here Adam had not yet sinned.
- When God makes a new helper for Adam, this helper is meant to help Adam not to sin.
- Think if you have 2 people trying to do good. It’s much better than being alone.
- When you’re alone, that’s when you can get into trouble.
Watch The Group You Hang Out With
Now, if you’re in a group of bad people, it’s going to be easier to sin. But Adam and Eve were made sinless.
- They didn’t have that sin nature yet. Two people are better than one.
- This is evident by God’s statement that man should not be alone.
- When you have another person with you, there’s someone you must be accountable to.
- If you have someone else with you, you’re less likely to sin.
- When you have someone else to help you that’s also trying to be good, you’ll do better.
- If it’s a bad influence, though, you’ll have more trouble.
This is why parents should be good influences on their children. In a perfect world, that’s what it would be like.
- Not everyone gets good parents so I’m not talking to you if you didn’t have good parents.
- I’m talking to parents and children who haven’t gotten to this point yet.
- A child is under the parents authority until they are married and move out of the house.
- 18 years old is not an adult. It doesn’t matter what the law says. 18 is a child.
If you’re 18 and you have good parents, you better stay home until you’re married.
- If you just don’t like their rules because you won’t to go have freedom on your own and do whatever you want, you’re going to run into a lot of trouble.
- Your parents keep you accountable for your actions. And that’s why you might not like it. But guess what?
- Would you rather be punished by God in this life or get some correction from your parents?
Parents should be in charge of their children until they leave them home and are married.
- Until then, our children are our responsibility.
- We don’t just send them off somewhere and let them do whatever they want. They will get into trouble.
- Guaranteed. This is why they stay under our authority until they leave the home and are married.
- This will work better because the Bible says so.
- When you hit 18, if you think you should move out and get away from your parents, you’ll be going against what the Bible says.
- Now listen, if you have some really evil and wicked parents who do drugs or abuse one another as an example, then yes, get away from the wickedness.
- But if you have parents who try to do their best and tell you the truth with the Bible, then don’t get away.
Trust me. You’ll stay away from a lot more trouble that way.
- Stick with your parents until you find a husband or wife.
- If you can’t find a good husband or wife, don’t choose a bad one.
- It’s better to stay single than choose an ungodly husband or wife. You don’t want that.
- Always marry someone who is saved and loves God.
- You’ll be able to move out when you’ve grown up a little. You’ll know the right time.
- If you’re single, that’s fine too.
God’s plan is different for everyone but God created a family to fill and replenish the Earth.
- He said to be fruitful and multiply. But guess what? Paul wasn’t married. He was single.
- If the entire earth was single, though, and followed God’s commandment to not commit fornication, there wouldn’t be any humans left.
 1 Corinthians 7:1-2 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. 2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
- Look, Paul is saying it’s good for a man to stay single BUT not if they’re going to commit fornication.
- Fornication is a sexual relationship outside of marriage.
- The average male and female are going to need to be married to resist fornication.
- Paul’s saying it’s not a bad thing to be single.
- He’s saying later in the chapter that you can even do more for God by being single because you’re not using time on your wife and children.
 1 Corinthians 7:32-33 But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord: 33 But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife.
- Most of the disciples and apostles were married. Paul was one who was not.
- He was able to do much for the Lord because he was unmarried.
- Both ways are good because the Bible says so.
Don’t Send Your Children Off To College
God’s plan is not for us to send our kids off to college as 18 year old children. That’s never in the Bible.
- Don’t send your children far away to be influenced by other children. They have no oversight.
- That’s not God’s plan. That’s never in the Bible.
- And the Bible colleges are probably some of the worst places because they can’t even choose the real Bible to read.
- Good fruit doesn’t come from a corrupted tree.
Don’t depend on a college or Bible college to raise your children.
- Being away from good influences is a very bad thing.
- For example, when I travel for work, I’m away from my wife and children who are very good influences on me.
- I love to be with my wife and children.
- Instead, I travel alone and it’s easy to not read the Bible and just watch TV in my free time.
- It’s easy to turn on the TV and listen to trash or watch some evil movie.
- There’s more temptation when you’re alone. That’s why coming to Church is a very good thing to do.
Being without good influences makes it much easier to sin.
- I’m not going to sit at home and watch some evil movie with my children in the room.
- It’s not going to happen.
- I’m not going to skip reading the Bible because I have good influences around me.
- Though, I must say, they sometimes let me skip reading the Bible without saying anything!
- Let’s continue in verse 19.
 Genesis 2:19-20 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. 20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
- Look, God created animals out of the ground. He formed them for Adam.
- God gave Adam the responsibility of naming every living creature.
- God allows us to make our own decisions. He’s a great God.
- He could have made us all like robots, but He didn’t. He gave us freedom.
- Notice there at the end of verse 20 that it says there was not an help meet for him.
- There was no living creature that was appropriate to be a helper for Adam.
 Genesis 2:21-22 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; 22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
- There wasn’t a good companion for Adam.
- Yeah, dogs are good companions for people BUT listen, they’re nothing like a woman for a man and a man for a woman.
- Women are absolutely amazing when they fulfill the role that the Bible gives them.
- Men are amazing to women when they fulfill their role that the Bible gave them.
- God gave us roles and responsibilities. When we follow the Bible, everything turns out BETTER.
 Genesis 2:23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
- Woman is taken out of man. Adam named the female WOMAN because she was taken out of man.
 Genesis 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
- Look, a man is leave his father and mother and cleave unto his wife.
- It doesn’t say a man shall leave his father and mother for college, go do wild and crazy things, then find a wife.
- It doesn’t mention ANY other path like that.
- If you go to college, you need to stay home under your parents supervision.
Marriage Is Between A Man And A Woman
And it’s obvious marriage is between a man and a woman because this verse says so.
- Not man and man or woman and woman. That doesn’t work obviously. Male and female go together.
- That’s pretty obvious to everyone so I’m not sure what’s happening in this world.
- Two males can’t have children together. Two females can’t have children together.
- God put a stop to that, but of course, people will find any way to break His rules.
- Genesis 2:24 is a VERY important verse in the entire Bible.
- It’s so important that Jesus stressed this verse when He was asked a question about divorce under the law of Moses by the Pharisees.
- Let’s look at that.
 Mark 10:1-9 And he arose from thence, and cometh into the coasts of Judaea by the farther side of Jordan: and the people resort unto him again; and, as he was wont, he taught them again. 2 And the Pharisees came to him, and asked him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife? tempting him. 3 And he answered and said unto them, What did Moses command you? 4 And they said, Moses suffered to write a bill of divorcement, and to put her away. 5 And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept. 6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. 7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; 8 And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. 9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
- Jesus repeats Genesis 2:24 and tells them that husband and wife shall be ONE FLESH.
- Understand that today. You don’t hide things from your spouse. Nothing is hidden. Nothing is separate.
- Look men, you don’t need a day away. Women, you don’t need a break from your husband.
- If you do, there’s something wrong. Okay. That’s all there is to it.
- Instead of taking a break from each other, get a Bible and start reading it together.
Look at the end of verse 9 on the screen. It says: “LET NOT MAN PUT ASUNDER.” Asunder means divide.
- Jesus Himself commands us to not let man divide the husband and the wife.
- Sounds like a command to me. It is a command!!!
- You know what disappointed me more than anything when I was a Deacon at a Church?
- I was told in a Deacon’s meeting that we aren’t to share what’s discussed there with our wives because women like to gossip and talk.
- And I said: “Hey, a requirement for a deacon is to have a wife that doesn’t do things like that.”
- They didn’t like my answer.
 1 Timothy 3:10-12 And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless. 11 Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things. 12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.
- You shouldn’t have secret Deacon meetings at the Church and ask the men not to share anything with their wives.
- God commanded us to be one flesh.
- You don’t hide anything from your wife and wives shouldn’t hide anything from their husbands.
- Every meeting at this Church is open to the entire congregation. There are no secrets here.
- We are ONE CHURCH and Jesus Christ HIMSELF is our leader.
Why Does Everyone Want To Split Up Families?
Understand that. We don’t split men and women into Sunday School classes.
- Churches don’t even realize what they’re doing because they just follow what everyone else does without even thinking.
- Jesus says LET NO MAN DIVIDE THE HUSBAND AND THE WIFE. And what do churches do?
- Divide us into groups. We’ll have a women’s night out.
- We’ll have a men’s camp out so we can talk about things women don’t need to know. What???
Where does the Bible say that? It doesn’t. Everyone is invited to everything we do as a Church.
- We don’t split husbands and wives.
- We don’t take your children away and put them in some room with some person you don’t even know.
- We stick together as a group as one. Here’s why:
 Romans 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
 2 Corinthians 13:11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.
- We will be ONE MIND here because God commands us to be.
- We won’t go off in different rooms and split up families and teach them different things.
- That won’t happen here. We’re going to work hard and learn the word of God as a group.
- We will all learn the same thing and be of ONE MIND.
- Husbands and wives will be one flesh here and families will stay together.
Look, this is highly important and something the world doesn’t do any more.
- Families don’t even eat together any more.
- People only invite the man or the woman or just the child to some party.
- They don’t even invite the family any more. If you’ve fallen into that trap, change it.
- Invite the entire family. Stay together. This is HUGE and changes everything.
- If families won’t even eat together any more, they sure won’t read the Bible together.
- Husbands must be leading their families by reading the Bible together as a family. We MUST be doing this.
- Let’s finish up Genesis Chapter 2 in verse 25.
 Genesis 2:25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
- Adam and Eve had no sin at this point.
- Their nakedness is not a shame because there is no sin counted to their flesh.
- But that won’t last long as we all know. But don’t worry, God already had an easy plan for us to be saved.
- Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.