The title of the sermon today is “GENESIS CHAPTER 5.”
God Rejected Cain’s Offering
- We’re continuing our study of the Book of Genesis today.
- We’re going to go through Genesis Chapter 5 verse by verse so please turn there in your Bibles.
- If you remember Genesis Chapter 4, we talked about God REJECTING Cain’s offering.
- God rejected that offering because it wasn’t made through FAITH.
- Cain was working on his own trying to gain favor in God’s eyes.
- God doesn’t accept offerings or anything unless it’s done through FAITH.
In the last verse of Chapter 4, we learned that men then began to call upon the name of the Lord.
- This started with Seth, the third son of Adam and Eve.
- And we all know that you’re saved by calling upon the name of the Lord.
- You can’t call upon the name of the Lord without first believing on the Lord.
- If you do a study on how to be saved, you’ll see that ALL PEOPLE of ALL TIME are saved the same way.
- It’s FAITH alone that saves you. Believe on the Lord, and you will be saved at that moment.
- With that quick summary, let’s start in verse 1 of Chapter 5.
 Genesis 5:1-2 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; 2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
- “GOD CREATED MAN.” Notice what the Bible says.
- “GOD CREATED MAN, in the likeness of God made HE HIM.”
- Male and female created he them AND blessed them, and called THEIR name ADAM.
- Genesis Chapter 1 says this also.
 Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
- Jesus Christ repeats this in Matthew Chapter 19 and Mark Chapter 10.
- God made MALE and FEMALE in the beginning. There’s only two mentioned there. MALE and FEMALE.
 Matthew 19:4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
 Mark 10:6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.
- Male and Female are not the same but the woman came out of the man.
- It’s very obvious and there’s 100% without a doubt evidence that MEN and WOMEN are different.
- For very wicked reasons, our world doesn’t believe what the Bible says.
- 1 Corinthians Chapter 11 is a chapter that describes the differences in male and female, man and woman.
- The Bible talks about men having short hair and women having long hair.
- That’s an obvious difference in men and women. Short hair for men and long hair for women.
- Now, if you don’t believe that and want to do the opposite, you should read 1 Corinthians Chapter 11.
- Then, you’ll understand why you shouldn’t have LONG hair as a man and SHORT hair as a woman.
- Is there a consequence for going against the Bible? Yes there is a consequence.
- Guess what? There’s ALWAYS a consequence for going against the WORD OF GOD.
- The WORD OF GOD works in this world, and you can fight against it BUT you’ll lose.
- Let’s take a look at 1 Corinthians and keep in mind we’re talking about MALE and FEMALE differences.
 1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
- There’s an order right there in the Bible. That’s the GODLY ORDER. God designed it that way.
- The Father at the top, Jesus Christ the Son, the husband, and the wife.
- I want you to see this today, and I want you to follow this GODLY order in every aspect of your life.
- From here on out, let’s do what God asks us to do. Continuing in verse 4.
 1 Corinthians 11:4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
- We’ll find out here in a minute that having your head covered is having long hair that covers your head.
- So, if you’re a man that wants to have long hair because you can do what you want, then you are dishonoring your head.
- And WHO IS YOUR HEAD? Did you notice the verse prior to verse 4?
- It says, “The head of every man is Christ!!!”
Any Man Praying With His Head Covered Is Dishonoring The Lord Jesus Christ
In other words, praying with long hair or any other covering on your head, is dishonoring JESUS CHRIST.
- Understand that today. If you can read 1 Corinthians Chapter 11 and still have long hair, good luck to you.
- Don’t mess with God Almighty. Don’t dishonor YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST.
- And don’t cover your head in any other way when praying, reading the Bible, preaching, or anything else.
- Since the HEAD OF THE MAN is Jesus Christ, we don’t need a covering.
- Let’s continue in verse 5 and let’s the difference in men and women.
 1 Corinthians 11:5-6 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. 6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
- If a woman decides to have very short hair like a man, she is dishonoring her head.
- Who is her head? The husband of the wife. The man is the head of the woman.
- Since the man is the head of the woman and not Jesus Christ, the woman must cover her head when praying and prophesying.
- For men that think this makes them better than the woman, I say: “Hey, you better understand what this is saying!!!”
- The woman needs to cover her head because the man is shameful. We’re sinners. If we were like Jesus, the woman wouldn’t need to cover her head.
- Because the man is the head over the woman, the woman MUST cover her head.
- That’s not something to BOAST about over the woman. Understand that TODAY. We are sinners.
- Men aren’t BETTER than women and women aren’t better than men.
- But God’s design is for the husband to rule over the wife in a GODLY way.
- In other words, that means GIVING YOUR LIFE for that woman.
- Let’s continue in verse 7.
 1 Corinthians 11:7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
- This is a VERY important verse to see and understand what it means.
- “A MAN SHOULD NOT COVER HIS HEAD.” Why is this?
- Because “HE IS THE IMAGE AND GLORY OF GOD.”
- The man is made in the image of God, and He is the GLORY OF GOD. That’s what the Bible says.
- “But the woman is the GLORY OF THE MAN.”
- And since the man is not perfect, the woman must cover her head.
- Since God is perfect, the man MUST NOT cover his head.
Understand God’s Design And Order
This is a picture of understanding God’s design and order.
- Immediately, you can see if someone understands God’s design and order that He gave us.
- Most preachers, pastors, ministers in churches today won’t even touch the subject because they’re scared to offend someone.
- My question to them is this: “So, you won’t tell the people you supposedly LOVE what God wants so God’s wrath isn’t taken out on them?” Hey, that’s not loving at all.
- To me, it’s a pretty big thing to DISHONOR Jesus Christ and to DISHONOR God’s design for us.
- Do you read your Bibles? Understand this order of God’s design today.
- People don’t like to be told what to do. It’s not me telling you what to do. It’s God telling you what to do.
- I want to continue a little further down in 1 Corinthians Chapter 11 verse 13.
 1 Corinthians 11:13-14 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered? 14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
- Paul is saying, “Hey, from what I just told you, judge in yourselves.”
- And then he continues and gives more proof that a woman should not have short hair.
- And then he says nature itself teaches us that it’s a shame for man to have long hair.
- It’s a SHAME for a man to look like a woman. It’s a SHAME for a man to be a pretty boy.
- It’s a SHAME for a man to wear women’s clothing. It’s a shame for a woman to wear man’s clothing.
- After you see verse 14, do you think THE MAN JESUS CHRIST had long hair?
- Do you think the HOLY SPIRIT who is God who is ONE with Jesus Christ would write such a thing if Jesus had long hair?
- If so, then you don’t know God. He doesn’t say one thing and do another. EVER.
- Jesus Christ is the WORD OF GOD who is the way, the TRUTH, and the life.
- Jesus didn’t have long hair and He didn’t wear a dress. We MUST get those lies out of our heads.
 Deuteronomy 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.
- Do you see this today? “FOR ALL THAT DO SO ARE ABOMINATION UNTO THE LORD THY GOD.”
- Do you know what an abomination is to GOD? GREATLY HATED the Bible says.
- So, do you think GOD HIMSELF, Jesus Christ, WHO HATES men wearing women’s clothing, would wear women’s clothing? I KNOW 100% FACT that Jesus did not wear women’s clothing.
- Understand that FACT TODAY. He didn’t have long hair and He didn’t wear women’s clothing.
- Remember, we’re talking about the differences in men and women.
 1 Corinthians 11:15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
- So, we’re told a man shouldn’t have long hair because it’s a shame to his head who is Jesus Christ.
- And then we’re told a woman should have long hair because it’s a GLORY to her.
- Why is it a glory to her? Because she needs a covering due to her head who is the man.
- Her long and glorious hair is a covering for her.
- If a woman doesn’t have long hair for a covering, then she better cover her head up some other way.
- When a woman prays and prophesies, her head should be covered the Bible says.
- So, after all that, you should see there’s a HUGE difference between male and female.
 Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
- “In the image of God created HE HIM; male and female created HE THEM.”
- God isn’t a gender neutral God in any way, shape, or form.
- False preachers, especially in today’s world, will teach that God is not male or female.
- They will say that God is gender neutral and that’s what we should be too.
- This isn’t a joke. This is happening everywhere, and that’s why we have FEMALE PREACHERS everywhere.
- The modern corrupted bible versions take out gender specific language.
- They don’t like that God uses the word man and he and male everywhere.
- So, what do they do? They make up their own false god by changing the Bible.
God Is Not Gender Neutral
They say, “Well, my god is gender neutral.” That’s EXACTLY what they’re saying.
- Don’t use a corrupted Bible version. Use the KING JAMES VERSION ONLY. If not, you’ll be corrupted too.
- If you think God is gender neutral, explain this. God the FATHER and the SON of God.
- Does the Bible say God the MOTHER and the DAUGHTER of God, Jesus Christ? It’s ridiculous.
- God the Father and the Son of God are GENDER SPECIFIC. MAN is after HIS LIKENESS.
- Let’s go back to Genesis Chapter 5 now.
 Genesis 5:1-2 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; 2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
- Notice in verse 2 where God says that “He called THEIR name ADAM.”
- This is why we have the tradition of a woman taking her husband’s name in marriage.
- That’s EXACTLY where it comes from. It’s BIBLICAL.
- Some women don’t want to take their husband’s name. That’s not Biblical.
- Did you know that men are starting to take their wife’s last name in this world today?
- Look it up. It’s happening everywhere.
- The men who do it, they say: “Oh, the women LOVE when you take their last name.”
- Well, I say: “Who cares what the women love. We’re not here to please each other.”
- We’re here to please God. What does GOD LOVE? What pleases God?
- I’ll tell you what pleases God. It’s following His Words and doing what He wants. It’s not what you want.
 Matthew 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
- Since a husband and a wife become one flesh and the man is the head of the woman, what do you think should happen when a man and a woman get married?
- The woman should take the name of the husband. It’s that simple. And that’s changing today too.
- It’s just too old-fashioned. It’s not progressive. It’s not modern. It’s not stylish.
- The Bible doesn’t say that GOD CALLED THEIR NAME EVE. Does it? He called their name ADAM!
- We do this with our last name.
The Old Paths Were Better
Do you hear people say, “Mr. and Mrs. Josh Tapp?” No because that’s too old fashioned.
- But that’s how it was in the past. They actually followed the Bible in the past.
- That’s not dishonoring the woman. It’s honoring God. I’ll stick with God on this ALWAYS. You should too.
- And I think discussing genders is silly PERSONALLY but obviously we need to talk about in this world.
- Our children need to understand what GOD SAYS. We need to understand so we NEVER compromise.
- We NEVER give into this world. There are 2 GENDERS: Male and Female.
- Let’s continue in verse 3.
 Genesis 5:3-5 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth: 4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters: 5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.
- Notice where it says that Adam begat a son in his own likeness after HIS IMAGE.
- Adam passed the sin nature onto Seth HIS SON who was in the same likeness and image of HIS FATHER.
- And you can see this evidence today. Sons look like their fathers. It’s passed onto them.
- The cycle continues. They continue to have sons and daughters and multiply on the Earth.
- And notice how old Adam lived to be. 930 years old and he died!
- Do you know some people (including preachers) say that those people didn’t REALLY live that long.
- “Adam didn’t really live to be 930 years old,” they say.
- This is just another case of people not believing what the Bible says. That’s all it is.
- “The earth was traveling around the sun faster back when Adam lived. The years went faster back then.”
- Let’s keep reading and see what the Bible says. It’s not just Adam that lived that long.
 Genesis 5:6-8 And Seth lived an hundred and five years, and begat Enos: 7 And Seth lived after he begat Enos eight hundred and seven years, and begat sons and daughters: 8 And all the days of Seth were nine hundred and twelve years: and he died.
- Now we see that Seth lived to be 912 years old.
- Let’s keep going.
 Genesis 5:9-11 And Enos lived ninety years, and begat Cainan: 10 And Enos lived after he begat Cainan eight hundred and fifteen years, and begat sons and daughters: 11 And all the days of Enos were nine hundred and five years: and he died.
- We see that Enos lived to be 905 years old.
 Genesis 5:12-14 And Cainan lived seventy years, and begat Mahalaleel: 13 And Cainan lived after he begat Mahalaleel eight hundred and forty years, and begat sons and daughters: 14 And all the days of Cainan were nine hundred and ten years: and he died.
- Cainan lived to be 910 years old.
 Genesis 5:15-17 And Mahalaleel lived sixty and five years, and begat Jared: 16 And Mahalaleel lived after he begat Jared eight hundred and thirty years, and begat sons and daughters: 17 And all the days of Mahalaleel were eight hundred ninety and five years: and he died.
- Mahalaleel lived to be 895 years old.
- So we have a small decrease there but he still made it to 895 years old. That’s a long time.
How Old Were These Men When They Produced Children?
- Also, let’s pay attention to how old these men were when they were producing children.
- Adam was 130 years old when Seth was born. Seth was 105 years old when Enos was born.
- Enos as 90 years old when Cainan was born. Cainan was 70 years old when Mahalaleel was born.
- Mahalaleel was 65 years old when Jared was born.
- So it looks like Mahalaleel at 65 years old was the youngest to have children AT 65 years old.
- Let’s keep going in verse 18.
 Genesis 5:18-20 And Jared lived an hundred sixty and two years, and he begat Enoch: 19 And Jared lived after he begat Enoch eight hundred years, and begat sons and daughters: 20 And all the days of Jared were nine hundred sixty and two years: and he died.
- Jared was 162 years old when Enoch was born.
- Jared lived to be 962 years old. That’s old.
- So we have a lot of proof so far in the Bible that these people lived a long time.
- They lived a lot longer than any of us. Not even close.
- People can’t believe so they start making up fairy tales.
The Years Weren’t Shorter Back Then
Even preachers who say they believe the word of God is perfect and without error don’t believe it.
- Do you want to see proof from the Bible showing that the years weren’t shorter then?
- Do you see in verse 15 where it says Mahalaleel lived 65 years and begat Jared?
- If 1000 years old back then is like being 100 years old now, then we should be able to divide their age by 10 to get their true age compared to today. If the sun is moving faster that should work.
- So Mahalaleel was 65 years old back then when he had children.
- Divide that by 10 and he would be 6.5 yrs. old when he had his first child compared to today’s ages.
 Genesis 11:11-13 And Shem lived after he begat Arphaxad five hundred years, and begat sons and daughters. 12 And Arphaxad lived five and thirty years, and begat Salah: 13 And Arphaxad lived after he begat Salah four hundred and three years, and begat sons and daughters.
- Arphaxad was 35 years old when Salah was born.
- Divide that by 10 and you get 3.5 years old. Since he only lived to be 413 years old, divide it by 20.
- The earth must have been going a little slower then. You still get 7 years old compared to today.
- Guess what? The year was the same back then as it is now.
- God never says He changed how fast the earth is moving around the sun.
- Do you remember that God setup the timing of days, weeks, months, seasons, and years in Genesis 1?
- God uses that to keep time. He didn’t change it. A YEAR IS A YEAR.
- When it says Adam lived to be 930 years old. That’s what it means.
Other people who won’t believe what the Bible says will say this:
- The people who lived before the flood lived under different conditions so they lived longer.
- There was a canopy of water shielding people from the sun and all this other stuff they come up with.
- But why is that not true?
- Did people live that much longer before the flood?
- Noah lived before, during, and after the flood.
- Lamech, Noah’s Dad, who lived before the flood was 777 years old when he died.
- Noah lived to be 950 years old and he was there after the flood.
 Genesis 9:28-29 And Noah lived after the flood three hundred and fifty years. 29 And all the days of Noah were nine hundred and fifty years: and he died.
- Noah was around 600 years old during the flood and then lived another 350 years after the flood.
- So the conditions being different on earth after the flood wasn’t the issue.
- If it were, Noah would have to be some different type of creature because he made it 350 years when he was already 600 years old.
- I want to show you a couple of tables with the ages.
- When you get to King David (about 1000 years before Jesus Christ was born), he lived to be 70 years old.
- Over time, we see that the life expectancy has decreased greatly.
- Adam 930 years old. Abraham lived to be 175 years old.
- David was 70 years old when he died.
- Look at this plot showing from Adam to Abraham.
- Do you know what is really happening?
- Adam was the perfect man when God made Adam.
- Do you know how evolution states that people get better over time? We’re always improving.
- Well, the Bible proves that theory wrong as you can see in that plot right there.
- Look how the ages are decreasing over time.
- So, what you see is the opposite of evolution.
- Our genetics have decreased since Adam’s generation. They haven’t improved.
- People will say, “Well, look at our technology today. It’s so more advanced.”
- No, that’s because our generations have passed down information and we’ve had more time to develop the technology.
If you look at the most ancient of languages, they are more complicated.
- Languages are becoming simpler and simpler.
- The language in the King James Bible is more complex than our simpler English we have in this country now.
- That’s what people say.
- But, the King James Bible WAS on an 8th grade level of reading.
- It’s probably more like Doctorate Level in college in today’s world.
- In other words, the King James Bible isn’t too hard to understand. It’s pretty easy for me.
- It’s pretty easy for my 11-year old and 8-year old.
Stop And Look Up The Words While You Read The Bible
They can understand it because they ask questions and figures out what it means.
- If I don’t know what a word means, we stop and look it up. “Oh, that’s what it means.”
- Hey, we don’t know everything BUT we take the time, we stop, and we look it up. It’s not hard to do.
- “Alexa, what does ABASE mean?” That’s all you have to do in today’s world. Not much effort there.
- God won’t make a “Bible For Dummies” version. That’s what they’re trying to make.
- But look, it doesn’t take much to learn the King James Bible. Read it, study it. That’s what God wants.
- Our world is getting very dumb and very lazy.
- For work, if someone writes a complete sentence, it’s too much to read. That’s too much work.
If anyone knows me very well, you’ll know that I HATE all the new language:
- LOL = Laughing Out Loud
- ROFL = Rolling On the Floor Laughing
- LMK = Let Me Know
- SMH = Shaking My Head
- BRB = Be Right Back
- I hate those words. I hate texting those words. It’s dumb and it’s lazy.
- That’s what I think of it. Anyone who texts me LOL, I’m done with them. Just kidding, well, not really.
- “What’s up YO??? Yo, yo, yo.”
- Now these next sentences are real sentences in our new English language people be creatin.
- “Befo’ you know it, he be done aced de tesses.”
- “Ah ‘on know what homey be doin.”
- “Can’t nobody tink de way he do.”
- “I ast Ruf could she bring it ovah to Tom crib.”
- Our English is turning to stupidity. It’s lazy. It’s dumb. And it’s getting worse.
- This isn’t a joke. There are Bible versions now with this kind of English language.
- It’s getting simpler and it’s getting dumber. You all know John 3:16, right?
- Well, here’s a screenshot of a Bible version of John 3:16 is some simplified form of English.
- It’s getting simpler and simpler. It’s the opposite of evolution.
- So remember, we’re talking about why life spans became shorter and shorter.
- If evolution were true, you could go back to the most ancient languages and would be stupid.
- They would be like the one on the screen right there. Now, that’s stupid.
We Aren’t Moving Forward
That’s near to some cave man language or a very young child’s language.
- “Food. There. Food. Give.” That’s false. There was no cave man language like that.
- The ancient people weren’t dumb. Where’s the proof of that? The proof is the opposite of that.
- You don’t find simple languages from ancient times. You don’t find simple buildings.
- No one knows how they built the pyramids. They’re amazing. Look at older buildings. Amazing.
- One of the Pyramids in Egypt is 480 feet tall or 48 stories tall. 2500 BC.
- The Roman Colosseum is amazing. They could flood the colosseum for aquatic events like swimming.
- There are large arched bridges built before Jesus Christ was born that are still in use.
- They even designed a center arch that let’s water escape so it doesn’t break the bridge.
- These people sure don’t look dumb to me. The people in the Bible sure don’t sound dumb to me.
- Seriously, the proof that evolution is false is all around us. It’s everywhere. Yet, we believe it.
- There are billions upon billions of data points proving there are 2 genders.
- But yet, we can’t see that? It’s insanity. Seriously. We’re getting dumber and dumber.
- People began to live a shorter period of time because we’re getting worse and worse.
Notice the exact detail that God gives us in the Bible.
- You’ll see that he tells us the years each person lived.
- There’s approximately 1,656 years from Adam to the Flood.
- We also know that the Earth is approximately 6,250 years old right now.
- Let’s go back to Genesis Chapter 5 and continue in verse 21.
 Genesis 5:21-24 And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah: 22 And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters: 23 And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years: 24 And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.
- Notice that the Bible says “Enoch walked with God AFTER he begat Methuselah.”
- The Bible very clearly states this.
- When you have children, if that don’t make you change, then something is very wrong with you.
- Your children are your responsibility.
- If you have any ounce of God’s love within you, you’ll change and care about those children.
- I was a total idiot BEFORE we had children. Having children will change you. Makes you grow up fast.
- Babies are PURE and INNOCENT. You want that child to know God. You want them to stay pure.
- You don’t want the world to corrupt your child.
A Child Never Needs To Learn The Ways Of The World
I’ve heard some people say that their child needs to learn the ways of the world.
- If you protect your children why they grow up, they won’t be ready for the world.
- You don’t expose your children to trash and teach them evil so they can be prepared for the world.
- The Bible sure doesn’t say that anywhere. I’ll protect my children with the word of God.
- You do it your way. I’ll do it God’s way. And we’ll see which one ends up better. Pick God every time.
- I will choose to protect my children. I will choose to Home School my children.
Do you know what I love about the Bible?
- I listened to worldly people in the past.
- They would say, “Aren’t you worried about your children having a social life?”
- They don’t get exposed to other children in the public schools.
- Hey, I’ve seen enough of what children are learning in the public schools, and I wouldn’t send them there if the PUBLIC SCHOOLS paid me ANY AMOUNT.
- “I’ll give you a million dollars to send your children to our wonderful public schools where we can teach them evolution, genderism, and how to be a homosexual. We’ll love them.”
- I wouldn’t send them for 100 million dollars. Test me on that. I don’t sell my children to the devil.
In other words, I wouldn’t send my wife to work so we can make another $50,000 per year while the children are taught evil and wicked ways of this world.
- God is more important than a new car or a new home or a new pool or a new anything you can name.
- Your children and them ending up in hell is more important than ANYTHING that will rot on this earth.
- That includes ALL THE MONEY you can imagine. God will burn it all up.
I love the Bible BECAUSE I no longer have to wonder if I’m making the right decisions for my children.
- I don’t have to go: “If I do this, is this best for my children. If I make this decision, is this best.”
- “I sure hope I’m doing what’s best for my children.”
- I don’t have to do that any more. I know what God wants BECAUSE I have this Bible right here.
- I have faith that the HOLY SPIRIT will teach me everything I need to know.
- I ask God for wisdom to make the right decisions, and I have FAITH that God will give me that wisdom.
Marriage Issues Arise Because You Aren’t Having Children
People have marriage issues BECAUSE they NEVER have children.
- People usually get divorced within the first 2 years of marriage OR
- Within the last 2 years of the children leaving the home.
- That’s what statistics of actual divorces tell us. And guess what?
- Both of those have to do with children being in the home.
- Listen, children BOND the family together. Everyone becomes closer through those children.
- Children don’t make a husband and a wife grow apart. WOW. That’s what the world tells people.
- Children in a GODLY family MAKE the husband and wife even closer in their relationship.
- So remember, ENOCH walked with GOD AFTER he had children.
- Not sure if he walked with God before children BUT he sure did after.
 Genesis 5:24 And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.
- When the Bible says, “And he was not.” That just means he was no longer on this Earth.
- What does this verse mean at the end there when it says, “FOR GOD TOOK HIM.”
- So, after 365 years GOD TOOK ENOCH.
- Hebrews Chapter 11 tells us more about Enoch and what this means when God took him.
 Hebrews 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
- Notice right at the beginning of that the verse, The Bible says,
- “BY WORKS ENOCH WAS TRANSLATED.” Is that what it says?
- No, that’s not what it says. It says, “BY FAITH Enoch was translated.”
- The word TRANSLATED in Hebrews 11:5 is very important as it’s only used in one other place in the entire Bible.
 Colossians 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
- So that talks about US, WHO ARE SAVED, being translated into JESUS CHRIST’S KINGDOM.
- Luke Chapter 3 shows us that Enoch is the 7th generation from Adam.
- Enoch is also talked about in the Book of Jude and it tells us he is SEVENTH from Adam.
 Jude 14-15 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, 15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
- Now, I want you to see this.
- Enoch, the seventh from ADAM, prophesied about the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- He prophesied that He’s coming to execute judgment UPON ALL.
- So, look, Enoch knew about the Lord Jesus Christ! He prophesied about Him.
- What do we know about ENOCH, this great man of God?
- Look, God took Him because Enoch walked WITH God. That’s what you want right there.
- Enoch didn’t experience death on this Earth.
- God said, “Hey, I know Enoch so well I’m bringing him home to be with me.”
What Do We Know About Enoch?
Here’s what we know about Enoch:
- He preached against ungodliness. It tells us right there in Jude.
- He walked with GOD because Genesis 5 tells us that.
- He definitely had faith because Hebrews 11 tells us that.
- Hebrews 11 also tells us that Enoch PLEASED God. He was happy with Enoch.
- Enoch preached hard against sin as we see that in Jude.
- He even preached about the second coming of Jesus Christ.
And understand when he lived. “Oh, they didn’t know Jesus back then.”
- That makes me so angry when I hear that from “religious people.”
- JESUS IS GOD. Did Jesus exist when Enoch was living? The Bible tells us Enoch knew Jesus.
- Jesus shows up in a tent and eats with Abraham in Genesis Chapter 18.
- We need to wake up as Christians around here and read the Bibles. Read the King James Bible.
- Throw that other trash in the garbage can.
Enoch being translated without dying a physical death on this earth is a PICTURE of the Rapture.
- It’s not a picture of the dead in Christ arising.
- The dead in Christ are all those who are saved and died before the RAPTURE takes place.
- If you die before the Rapture takes place, then you’ll be considered part of the “DEAD IN CHRIST.”
- Your soul will be in heaven already but your body is in the grave.
- If you’re saved, if you’re alive and remain on Earth when the Rapture happens, you won’t die a physical death.
- You’ll be like Enoch and you’ll be TRANSLATED to the Kingdom of Jesus Christ.
Is Enoch One Of The Two Witnesses?
Another subject of Enoch that people talk about is him being one of the two witnesses in Revelation that come back to preach the Gospel on Earth before the second coming takes place and they continue on Earth preaching the Gospel.
- Some people believe it’s Enoch and Elijah because they’re the only two who haven’t seen death.
- Enoch was translated as it clearly says so in the Bible.
- Elijah went up in a chariot. The Bible doesn’t say that Elijah died a physical death.
- Could Enoch be one of the two witnesses? Yes, he could be.
- The Bible doesn’t say who they are specifically.
- In the transfiguration of Jesus Christ in Matthew Chapter 17, Moses and Elijah show up.
 Matthew 17:2-3 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. 3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.
- Personally, I think the two witnesses will be Moses and Elijah but who knows if that’s right.
- It’s going to be a surprise and I can’t wait to see who it is.
- It might not be Moses, Elijah, or Enoch.
- Some false preachers say that it MUST be Enoch and Elijah because of this verse.
 Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
- They’ll say that verse 100% proves that it’s Enoch and Elijah BECAUSE every man must die once.
- Since they didn’t die once, they must come back to die.
- But what about all the people in the Rapture that didn’t die?
- The Bible doesn’t say they’re coming back to die!
- A multitude shows up in heaven in Revelation. An elder says, “Hey, where did all these people come from?”
 Revelation 7:13-14 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? 14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
- That’s the Rapture right there. Those are the people who are alive and are caught up to heaven.
- They didn’t die. Are they going back to earth to die?
- This tells us that’s not what Hebrews 9:27 is talking about.
- If the Great Tribulation happens in your lifetime and you make it through to the Rapture, then you won’t have to die a physical death.
People will also use Enoch to say that this proves the Rapture will happen BEFORE THE TRIBULATION.
- We know from a straight forward reading of the Bible with a clear mind and without indoctrination that the Bible teaches the Rapture happens after the Tribulation.
- The Second Coming of the Lord is the Rapture and it happens AFTER THE TRIBULATION.
- They say that ENOCH was RAPTURED and then the FLOOD represents the TRIBULATION.
- Well, guess what? If that was true, why did the flood happen many, many years later.
- Let’s go back to Genesis Chapter 5 and see how long the flood was AFTER Enoch was taken up into heaven.
 Genesis 5:25-27 And Methuselah lived an hundred eighty and seven years, and begat Lamech: 26 And Methuselah lived after he begat Lamech seven hundred eighty and two years, and begat sons and daughters: 27 And all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died.
- Methuselah was born when Enoch was 65 years old.
- Enoch was taken up to heaven when he was 365 years old.
- This means Methuselah was 300 years old when Enoch was taken up.
- When you do the math for the flood, you’ll see that Methuselah died very close to the start time of the flood.
- Methuselah, the oldest man to ever live, died at 969 years old.
So, the flood happened about 969 years old – 300 years old when Enoch went to heaven.
- That means the flood happened 669 years after Enoch was taken by God.
- So this doesn’t prove that the Rapture happens BEFORE the tribulation.
- The flood isn’t a picture of the TRIBULATION.
- Why is THE FLOOD not a picture of the tribulation? Everyone is dying in the flood.
- The tribulation is not God’s wrath. God is pouring out His wrath with the flood.
- Do you see this?
- The flood is not a picture of the tribulation in which God isn’t the one pouring out the wrath.
- So when people try to say Enoch proves the Rapture happens before the Tribulation, this is FALSE.
- People develop their false doctrines and then they try to take anything they can from the Bible to prove it.
- This doesn’t prove anything AT ALL for the Pre-Tribulation Rapture.
Enoch Was The Only Man Caught Up And Not A Multitude
Enoch, ONE MAN, was caught up.
- That doesn’t prove a pre-tribulation rapture.
- There’s going to be a multitude caught up.
- But let’s look to the Bible to learn more.
- In Luke Chapter 17, Jesus talks about the Day of the Lord or the Second Coming.
- And watch who is related to the RAPTURE in Luke Chapter 17. It’s not Enoch.
 Luke 17:26-30 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. 27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. 28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; 29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. 30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
- Did you see right there who Jesus is using to compare to the Rapture?
- So Jesus is saying the flood is a picture of the second coming of Jesus Christ.
- The flood represents the WRATH OF GOD. Not the tribulation. It’s the WRATH OF GOD.
- Enoch didn’t live AT ALL in the Days of Noah. He wasn’t alive then.
- Here’s a chart showing when Enoch and Noah lived.
- Notice that they don’t overlap AT ALL.
- Noah gets on the ARK and that represents SAFETY.
- The same day Noah got on the ARK, everyone else was destroyed in the flood.
- Noah and his family were taken to safety in the Ark just like the believers will be taken to safety in the Rapture.
And then we get another picture.
- It’s not just the flood that represents God’s wrath and Noah representing the raptured believers.
- The Bible gives us more.
- The SAME DAY that Lot was taken to safety, God’s wrath was poured out on Sodom.
- All were destroyed in Sodom.
This Adds More Evidence That The Rapture Is Pre-Wrath
Lot was a raptured believer and then God’s wrath is poured out.
- More proof that it’s not a pre-tribulation rapture but a PRE-WRATH Rapture.
- Jesus says so in Luke Chapter 17 in 2 different ways.
- So, the next event is Tribulation when the Anti-Christ comes.
- Followed by the Sun and Moon being darkened.
- The Day of the Lord is upon us. The Rapture takes place. Then God’s wrath is poured out.
- NOTICE, as this is very important, that God’s WRATH is poured out on the SAME DAY as the Rapture.
- Jesus is giving us that picture.
- Once the BELEIVER is taken to safety, like Noah and Lot, THEN God pours out HIS WRATH.
- It’s easy to see. All of that disproves the PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE.
A false teaching says that Noah got on the Ark and waited 7 days and then it started raining.
- Is that what the Bible says?
- The DAY that Noah entered the ark, the FLOOD CAME. Jesus says so.
- Noah started loading up the animals during those 7 days.
- The SAME DAY that we’re caught up in the Rapture is the SAME DAY God’s Wrath will begin.
- Did Noah suffer persecution prior to the flood? Did Noah go through Tribulation prior to the flood?
- Did Lot suffer tribulation before he left Sodom? He was attacked by SODOMITES!!!
- The angels had to protect Lot. Do you remember that? They blinded the Sodomites.
Jesus says NOAH and LOT are pictures of the timing of the RAPTURE.
- So, it doesn’t matter if someone thinks that it’s Enoch representing the Pre-Tribulation Rapture.
- Jesus said it’s Noah and Lot.
- And the flood doesn’t represent TRIBULATION. It’s GOD’S WRATH. So Enoch fits into this too.
- But the flood also didn’t happen the same day Enoch was taken up into heaven.
- Enoch is a PICTURE of the Rapture but it doesn’t have to do with the exact timing. It’s obvious.
 Genesis 5:28-29 And Lamech lived an hundred eighty and two years, and begat a son: 29 And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD hath cursed.
- Lamech is Noah’s father. Lamech PROPHESIES about Noah his baby son.
- He says, “THIS SAME SHALL COMFORT US CONCERNING OUR WORK AND TOIL OF OUR HANDS.”
- What is he talking about? The Bible tells us.
- “BECAUSE OF THE GROUND WHICH THE LORD HATH CURSED.”
- They were struggling because of that curse. It wasn’t easy to grow food and crops.
- Noah WILL COMFORT THEM.
- Do you want to see where this prophecy is FULFILLED in the Bible?
- It’s just a few chapters from here in Noah’s lifetime, as expected.
 Genesis 8:20-21 And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. 21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man’s sake; for the imagination of man’s heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.
- So, God says: “I WILL NOT AGAIN CURSE THE GROUND ANY MORE FOR MAN’S SAKE.”
- Thank God for that. That means TODAY we ARE NOT living with that same curse.
- It’s not difficult to grow and produce things today. Crops aren’t difficult to grow.
- And God says, “I WILL NOT KILL EVERY LIVING THING as I have done in the flood.”
- Notice what that says. Do you believe the Bible?
- God says, “I will not smite any more EVERY living thing as I have done.”
Every Single Unbeliever Is Not Killed By God’s Wrath
Many FALSE PREACHERS tell us that every single unbeliever will be killed by God’s Wrath.
- They say that ONLY the saved will go into the 1,000 year reign of Jesus Christ.
- There will be UNSAVED that aren’t wiped out during God’s Wrath.
- He takes out 1/3 of the earth and the armies.
- If everyone is saved that is reigning on Earth, there won’t be anyone to reign over.
- EVERYONE left on Earth will not be destroyed by God’s Wrath ever again.
- That’s what God says. He will send fire and brimstone but he won’t destroy all of mankind.
- The Bible never says this. It never says God will destroy all of the living on the Earth in the end.
- Let’s finish up in Genesis Chapter 5.
 Genesis 5:30-32 And Lamech lived after he begat Noah five hundred ninety and five years, and begat sons and daughters: 31 And all the days of Lamech were seven hundred seventy and seven years: and he died. 32 And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
- Shem, Ham, and Japheth are not triplets.
- Shem is listed first but we know he is not the first born.
- He’s listed first because he received the inheritance of the blessing.
- Ham was the firstborn but he sinned against Noah and lost this blessing.
- The Bible does the same thing with Jacob and Esau. Same thing with Ephraim and Manasseh.
The elder served the younger. That’s why Shem is listed first there.
- You can see their ages by using the Book of Genesis. Chapter 5 and Chapter 11.
- So, don’t let people tell you lies like Shem, Ham, and Japheth were triplets.
- It’s really easy to use the Bible to disprove that.
- That’s all we have today for Genesis Chapter 5.
- I hope you’ve learned some new things today.