The title of the sermon today is “GENESIS CHAPTER 6.”
We Went Over The Generations Of Adam
- Today, we’ll continue with verse by verse teaching in Genesis Chapter 6.
- Please turn to Genesis Chapter 6 today.
- If you remember Genesis Chapter 5, we went over the GENERATIONS OF ADAM.
- We saw that the woman took the name of the man. They were called ADAM.
- We talked about Enoch being taken up to heaven.
- We learned about Noah and his father prophesying about Noah.
- And then at the end of Chapter 5 we see that Noah began to have children at 500 years old.
- The first born was Japheth, then Shem, then Ham.
- So, let’s start out there in verse 1 of Genesis Chapter 6.
 Genesis 6:1-2 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, 2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
- We have to read the Bible for what it says in these verses.
- Notice the exact words. “And it came to pass, when MEN began to multiply on the earth.”
- MEN are multiplying on the Earth. And remember, Noah just had his 3 sons at the end of Chapter 5.
- We aren’t to the flood yet. MEN are multiplying on the face of the EARTH.
- Daughters are being born unto the men. Humans are multiplying.
- Verse 2 says, and notice there’s a comma at the end of verse 1, so we’re still talking about MEN.
- “That the SONS OF GOD saw the daughters of men.” The SONS OF GOD are men.
- “And they took them wives of all which they chose.” So they were taking as many wives as they wanted.
- That’s not what God said to do.
I’m focusing on the actual words of the BIBLE because there’s a FALSE TEACHING out there on these verses.
- This false teaching says the SONS OF GOD in that verse are FALLEN ANGELS.
- Preachers will teach that FALLEN ANGELS came down to earth and started breeding with humans.
- Let’s continue into verse 3.
 Genesis 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
- And notice that verse 3 starts with an AND. So GOD is continuing the same subject in the previous verses.
- He says, “My spirit shall not always strive with MAN, for that he also is FLESH.”
- So again, the ANGELS are NEVER mentioned in these verses. It’s clearly taking about MAN in the FLESH.
- Do you see that so far? There’s no doubt it’s talking about MAN.
- Don’t let anyone force some fairy tale doctrine about angels breeding with humans.
 Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
- Those false teachers will look at verse 4 and say: “SEE, THERE WERE GIANTS IN THE EARTH.”
- That proves the angels were with the women. They produced giants.
- Well, we have some HUGE people on Earth today. Did angels produce those giants? No.
- Again, this isn’t talking about FALLEN ANGELS.
- Why do we get false teaching like that?
- Why would someone imagine that the Bible is talking about FALLEN ANGELS?
- The word angels is never used anywhere in this passage. It’s clearly not talking about angels.
Genesis Chapter 6 Isn’t Talking About Fallen Angels
This false doctrine started before the MODERN BIBLES came along but they didn’t help anything.
- You have these evil men changing God’s words from the second SCRIPTURE was written.
- But I want you to see how some modern bible versions have changed the words.
- Notice what it changes there in verse 2. “Some of the heavenly beings took the women they liked.”
- Then verse 4 says the giants were the descendants of women and heavenly beings.
- They were the great heroes and famous men of long ago. Wow. Pretty amazing fairy tale there.
- Notice in the NIV verse 2 that the daughters of men is changed to daughters of humans.
- The NIV doesn’t like the word MAN and MEN very much so it starts to change that in spots.
- But see that it uses the word NEPHILIM in verse 4 which is a Hebrew word.
- But we’re not speaking Hebrew. But they leave it in the Hebrew form so it sounds like some new breed.
- Let the Bible interpret itself, though.
The King James Bible says, “THERE WERE GIANTS IN THE EARTH IN THOSE DAYS” in verse 4.
- And also AFTER that when the sons of God came into the daughters of men.
- The sons of God are men. The women bare children to the men.
- The male children BECAME MIGHTY MEN which were of old, men of renown.
- So the word GIANTS is talking about the mighty men of old produced by the SONS OF GOD.
- MEN OF RENOWN or well known men. Usually, wicked men are well known men in this world.
- Personally, I believe they were large and mighty men who were TYRANTS. Wicked men.
- They were well known because they BULLIED everyone with their large size and strength.
- Why do I say that’s what I believe? Because I use the Bible to help me understand what it means.
- That same word in the HEBREW or in the ENGLISH, the word “GIANTS” is used in the Old Testament.
Study The Word “Giants” For Proof
It’s used in the Book of Numbers Chapter 13 verse 33.
- And notice it’s AFTER the flood occurred. Giants were there. Large in size and stature.
- GOLIATH was after the flood AS AN EXAMPLE. But let’s see what the Book of Numbers says.
- This is when GOD tells Moses to send MEN and search the land of Canaan which He’s giving to the children of Israel.
- They go out and search the land. Caleb and Joshua were 2 of those men searching the land.
- All of those men come back and gave this report.
 Numbers 13:30-33 And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it. 31 But the men that went up with him said, We be not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we. 32 And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature. 33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.
- That same word “GIANTS” is used in verse 33 right there.
- GIANTS equals the SONS OF ANAK which came from the GIANTS.
- They said they are stronger than us. MEN OF A GREAT STATURE they said.
- We were like grasshoppers in their sight. So the giants are large men.
- The Bible NEVER says that the SONS OF GOD are ANGELS.
- In the past, I even thought the book of Job said the SONS OF GOD were angels.
- BUT I’ve learned to not let pre-conceived FALSE TEACHING change the words of the Bible ANY MORE.
- Look closely at the Book of Job and it doesn’t say that the SONS OF GOD are angels.
There are 11 verses in the entire Bible with the exact phrase “SONS OF GOD.”
- 2 of those are right here in Genesis Chapter 6 that we’re studying. Obviously, it’s talking about MEN.
- Here’s one from the Book of Job. The others in JOB are very similar. It doesn’t say angels.
 Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
- That verse right there is talking about SAVED PEOPLE in heaven coming before the LORD.
- But watch what the NIV changes this verse too.
- Do you see how these bible versions are corrupted? And that’s just one small example.
- So there’s 5 of 11 verses in the Old Testament leaving 6 verses in the New Testament with SONS OF GOD.
- And do you know the SONS OF GOD refer to in the NEW TESTAMENT? Let’s see.
 John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
- That verse is talking about SAVED people. That’s you and me if you’re saved today.
- You are a part of GOD’S FAMILY NOW. You are a SON OF GOD.
- If you still believe the SONS OF GOD are the fallen angels, see this verse.
Saved People Are The Sons Of God
 1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
- He says, “BELOVED.” That’s the SAVED PEOPLE. “WE ARE THE SONS OF GOD” it says right there.
- Remember, ANGELS are not saved by the Blood of Jesus Christ. WE ARE. We need it.
- There’s VERY CLEAR Scripture in the Bible that tells us that no ANGEL has EVER been called a SON OF GOD.
 Hebrews 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
- In other words, God has NEVER called an angel a son of God.
- He calls you a son of God if you’re saved. But not THE SON OF GOD.
- But an angel has NEVER been called a SON OF GOD. Angels are ministering spirits. They aren’t FLESH.
 Hebrews 1:13-14 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool? 14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
- The angels aren’t HEIRS WITH THE SON OF GOD through salvation. YOU ARE.
- The angels aren’t SONS OF GOD. You are begotten through the BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST.
- That’s when you become a SON OF GOD. Not when you were created. Not when you were given life.
- It’s when you were given ETERNAL LIFE. It’s when you believed the GOSPEL of JESUS CHRIST.
 1 Corinthians 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
- So again, offspring from fallen angels and humans aren’t called the NEPHILIM or the SONS OF GOD.
- That’s a ridiculous teaching that makes a good story and sounds good. It’s something new. People like it.
- But it’s false, and it’s easy to see it’s false when you have FAITH IN THE WORD OF GOD.
- See the ACTUAL words in the Bible and BELIEVE what HE’S WRITTEN. Scripture is CLEAR.
- Base your beliefs on a CLEAR SCRIPTURE. Don’t let someone twist it all up and talk you into something.
- And I want to show you one more PROOF BEFORE we move on from the silly doctrine:
- That FALLEN ANGELS had offspring with HUMAN WOMEN. This will put an end to the argument for good.
- Please look there in your Bibles at Genesis Chapter 6 verse 2.
 Genesis 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
- “THEY TOOK THEM WIVES OF ALL WHICH THEY CHOSE.”
- Does the Bible ever say that angels marry HUMANS? Do you see how silly this is?
- It’s so silly we probably shouldn’t even spend this time on it BUT I’m sick of hearing lies.
 Matthew 22:29-30 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
- The angels of GOD don’t marry. Jesus says so right there. So, is Genesis 6:2 talking about angels?
- No, it sure isn’t. It’s talking about MEN. It’s talking about the SONS OF GOD. Angels are not SONS OF GOD.
- Angels are not FLESH. They are ministering spirits. You don’t mix fleshly humans with spirits.
 John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
What’s Happened So Far In The Book Of Genesis?
Think about what’s happened in the Book of Genesis so far.
- We learn about Cain, his wickedness, and his evil descendants in Genesis Chapter 4.
- Then we hear about Seth and the good side of the family in Genesis Chapter 5.
- Then the SONS OF GOD (the saved) mix with the daughters of men (the unsaved).
- Good mixes with evil and the EVIL takes over. Happens every time in the BIBLE.
- You don’t take the good and marry the evil and expect good to come out. Doesn’t work that way.
- MANY women in this world think they can marry some evil man and FIX THEM. Don’t even try it.
- The Bible teaches different. So then what happens in Chapter 6?
- The world is then FILLED WITH WICKEDNESS. The evil takes over. God is ANGRY with men!!!
Again, angels are not called the SONS OF GOD because they were created by GOD.
- Some people will argue that it’s talking about angels because they are created beings.
- Yes, angels are created beings but they are not MAN. They are not HUMAN. They are not flesh.
- Dogs were created by God but they aren’t called SONS OF GOD. Cows aren’t called SONS OF GOD.
- Chickens aren’t called SONS OF GOD. Trees aren’t called SONS OF GOD. They were all created by God too.
- All of those other creations aren’t MADE in the likeness of GOD. They aren’t SONS OF GOD.
- The angels aren’t created in the image of God.
When you believe these WEIRD FALSE DOCTRINES from corrupted bible versions, you get some weird stuff.
- You get preachers believing in aliens, UFO’s, abductions, and other weird stuff.
- When you believe that angels are mixing with humans, you start to believe in ALIENS.
- This isn’t a joke either. That’s what all of this has turned into. It’s weird. It’s sick.
Were UFO’s With Aliens Flying Around Shelbyville, KY?
When you think you see UFO’s around Shelbyville, that’s because you think angels mixed with humans.
- That’s because you’re using CORRUPTED BIBLE VERSIONS and listening to WHACKO preachers.
- You’ve let corruption enter into your mind, and you start believing total NONSENSE.
- An angel from heaven didn’t come down to earth and have a wedding ceremony with a woman.
- An alien didn’t come from outer space and have a wedding ceremony and produce an unknown race.
- People are getting corrupted from all these weird books and weird movies.
- Werewolves with humans. Vampires with humans.
- All of this weird stuff is worshipped by children all over this world. Weird stuff. It’s getting worse.
And I know I’m spending a lot of time on this BUT it’s a very weird DOCTRINE that many people around here believe so let’s get it right TODAY.
- People will say that the fallen angels produced offspring with women and this produced GIANTS.
- But let me show you this EASY PROOF that shows that to be 100% FALSE.
- Look closely at Genesis 6:4 one more time, and they’ll move on.
 Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
- It says, “There were giants in the earth in those days.” Do you see that?
- There were already giants in the Earth in those days.
- And then look what it says: “And also AFTER THAT, when the sons of God came into the daughters of men, and they bare children to them.”
- In other words, the giants were in the land ALSO BEFORE the sons of God had offspring with women.
- So they didn’t produce the giants. They were already there.
- They were GIANT MEN BEFORE that happened.
- These were men like GOLIATH that were 10-feet tall. HUGE MEN.
- So, end of story for angels mixing with humans and producing GIANTS.
- Let’s move onto Genesis Chapter 6 verse 5.
 Genesis 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
- The wickedness of man was now great in the earth. The wickedness spread. The good didn’t.
- Sin spreads quickly and corrupts the earth. Don’t marry into wickedness. It will lead to wickedness.
- Notice it says, “EVERY IMAGINATION OF THE THOUGHTS OF HIS HEART was ONLY EVIL continually.”
- That’s not good. And then let’s see what happens.
 Genesis 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
- This is a VERY important verse in all of the Bible. Why is that?
- Because it’s the very first time the word REPENT is used in the Bible.
- So, what do you see there? The very first one to REPENT in the Bible is GOD HIMSELF.
- In this verse, we see that GOD is grieved at his heart that He made man on the earth.
- He’s changed His mind about making man on this earth and giving them life.
- He’s saying, “Hey, I shouldn’t have done this.” He’s grieved at his heart.
God’s Nature Doesn’t Change
Some people would say, “That doesn’t sound like my god. He isn’t sorry for what He’s done.”
- “He doesn’t do ANYTHING wrong so He doesn’t need to repent of sin.” YES, that’s true.
- But let’s look closely at this today and get it figured out ONCE AND FOR ALL.
- The Bible says that GOD doesn’t CHANGE and He doesn’t repent.
 Malachi 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
 Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
- We know that GOD DOESN’T CHANGE.
- We also know that GOD DOESN’T REPENT because of this verse.
 Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
- But then we see in Genesis Chapter 6 that God repents.
- And that’s not the only time. God repents in the Bible over and over again.
 Exodus 32:14 And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.
 1 Samuel 15:35 And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death: nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul: and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel.
 Psalm 106:45 And he remembered for them his covenant, and repented according to the multitude of his mercies.
- And look, there’s many more times within the Bible that God repents HIMSELF.
- I don’t want go over all of them today. There are 112 verses that include repent in some form.
- Here’s one more in the Book of Jonah.
 Jonah 3:10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.
- Some people think the Bible is contradicting itself. One time it says God doesn’t repent.
- And then it says GOD DOES REPENT. Which one is it?
- When you get something like that in the Bible, you have to take the time to STUDY.
- You have to see what’s actually happening in the Bible.
Here’s the truth from the Bible, and you can search the Scriptures and see if this is true or not.
- God’s NATURE doesn’t change. He NEVER changes who He is. He is consistent. He doesn’t change.
- HIS WORD never changes. His characteristics NEVER change. He doesn’t have a personality disorder.
- He’s rock-solid on HIS WORD and HE IS TRUTH.
So what does change? When God repents, what is He changing in the Bible?
- God is changing HIS mind about something or HIS course of action on something.
- He’s not changing because He did something wrong. GOD DOESN’T SIN. He doesn’t do wrong.
- He’s changing because of something MAN did. God didn’t make a mistake when He created man.
- Again, God changes His COURSE because of something MAN has done. Man did something.
- God changes HIS COURSE of ACTION. If man did everything God said to do, God would NEVER repent.
God’s design for creation is perfect. Man has FREE WILL. You can choose your own actions and your own path.
- God didn’t make you to be a robot OR anyone in this world to be a robot.
- Everything that happens in this world is NOT the will of God.
- God wants everyone to be saved, but if that’s what actually happened, there wouldn’t need to be a hell.
- Some people believe that EVERYTHING that happens is the will of God. And that’s not true.
- If that were true, God wouldn’t REPENT in the Bible.
- He wouldn’t need to change His course of ACTION.
God Doesn’t Control Everything You Do
In other words, GOD doesn’t CONTROL everything that happens in LIFE.
- MAN causes God to repent in the Bible. God changes HIS COURSE because of man’s actions.
- Look it up in the Bible. 100% of the time God repents BECAUSE of MAN’S ACTIONS.
- If man is causing God to repent, then this means MAN has options and choices to make.
- For example, CALVINISM believes that you don’t have a choice. God makes it for you.
- You’re either saved or you aren’t BUT it’s only God’s choice. You don’t get a choice.
- But God does repent in the Bible and this PROVES 100% that Calvinism is FALSE.
Which denominations align with CALVINISM?
- Primitive Baptist, Reformed Baptist, Presbyterian, Reformed Churches, United Church of Christ, and Protestant Reformed Churches.
- They are the churches that hold to the doctrine of PRE-DESTINATION. You don’t get a choice.
- That’s what they teach. Well, I’ll tell you what. That’s easy to disprove because I make choices every day.
- But that’s why Calvinists don’t use the King James Bible because they REMOVE God repenting.
- They use false bible versions. They don’t understand it so they remove it from their bibles.
- That’s not even close to what the TRUE BIBLE says. It’s ridiculous.
- This is what people do to support their false religions. Just change God’s words.
- I love the King James Bible because it NEVER develops ANY weird doctrines that don’t make any sense.
God DOES NOT CONTROL man.
- If so, then you would have to say that God is controlling serial killers, murderers, and child molesters.
- Wow is all I can say to all of those people. “Well, I couldn’t help it. God made me do it.”
- That’s not God. God doesn’t CONTROL you. You get a choice. He especially doesn’t make you sin.
 1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
- If God isn’t the author of confusion, but there’s CONFUSION in this world right now, whose doing it?
- Someone else is creating the confusion in this world. It sure isn’t God. God is not the author of confusion.
- God isn’t the author of the pain, suffering, wickedness, and sin in this world.
I want you to see this today and get this understanding of God correct.
- God gives MAN the rules to follow. God tells them EXACTLY what to do.
- God gives them FREEDOM to make their own choices.
- If MAN follows God perfectly, then God will NEVER need to change His course of action.
- God doesn’t change because He had it setup perfectly from the beginning. He is perfect.
- But since man made the wrong choices and didn’t follow what He said, GOD must REPENT.
- God must change HIS COURSE of action because of man’s actions.
- He doesn’t have to, BUT He does BECAUSE of HIS GREAT LOVE towards us.
- He could have NEVER REPENTED and just let it all go.
- Do you know how much worse the world would be right now than it already is?
- You wouldn’t even be able to sit there right now in peace. You’d probably already be dead.
- But God changes HIS COURSE because of what we’ve done wrong.
Why Do We Have The Old Testament?
The Old Testament is PERFECT. But why do we have the New Testament?
- Did God mess up with the Old Testament?
- Did He need to correct the Old stuff and get it right with the new? Did He learn from HIS mistakes?
- You see: anyone who says God made a mistake with the Old Testament is a HERETIC.
- Let’s look at Hebrews Chapter 8 verses 6 and 7 to start.
 Hebrews 8:6-7 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. 7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
- This SCRIPTURE is saying that the NEW COVENANT within the New Testament is BETTER.
- It’s established upon BETTER PROMISES.
- Then we see that verse 7 says: “The first covenant had faults.” So did God mess up? He had faults?
- Is that what it says? You can’t pick and choose a verse without reading the context of the CHAPTER.
- You should at least read a few verses before and a few verses after.
- The very next verse says this.
 Hebrews 8:8-9 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
- “For finding fault with THEM.” That’s talking about MAN having the fault.
- The first covenant didn’t work for THEM because MAN couldn’t keep it due to THEIR FAULT.
- At the end of verse 9 it says: “BECAUSE THEY CONTINUED NOT IN MY COVENANT.”
- God’s OLD COVENANT didn’t have anything wrong with it. The man was the problem. Not God.
- GOD DOES NOT MAKE MISTAKES. Understand that today. God is NEVER wrong.
- When God sends evil to man, as He does in the Bible over and over, you can know it’s for GOOD.
- God gave us free will to make our own choices. God repents or changes HIS COURSE based on our actions.
Why Was The Death Penalty Implemented By God?
For example, why was the DEATH PENALTY implemented when NOAH stepped off the ARK?
- The world was filled with violence before the flood. EVERY THOUGHT WAS EVIL CONTINOUSLY.
- People were murdering each other. People were killing each other. People were all about themselves.
- God repented. He changed the course of action. Killed of all life on the earth. Gave man another change.
- And implemented the death penalty to PREVENT murderers from continuing to live.
- It was implemented to stop people from killing others, and to put fear in people who think about it.
- If people didn’t start killing people, the flood didn’t have to happen.
- The death penalty wouldn’t be needed. GOD DOESN’T CHANGE. He changes HIS COURSE for us.
- God doesn’t break promises. God doesn’t break HIS PART OF THE DEAL. Man breaks it. God doesn’t.
 Psalm 89:34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
- God DOES not change HIS WORDS. He doesn’t need new bible versions.
- He will change HIS ACTIONS towards you based on YOUR CHOICES. That’s guaranteed!!!
- Understand that today. You have a choice each day. Follow God OR not. Each day.
- What are you going to choose to do today? Follow God OR not.
- Follow God and be blessed. He has a plan to bless you. Will He need to change that plan?
- Don’t make Him repent and change HIS COURSE because you won’t follow Him.
- MAN CORRUPTED GOD’S WAY. God didn’t make any mistakes. Let’s continue in Genesis Chapter 6.
 Genesis 6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
- People say: “But God, why did you destroy the animals? That wasn’t very nice!!!”
- Animals aren’t living souls. They don’t go to heaven or hell. They return to the ground.
- Animals and all of creation were made for man. If man is destroyed, animals are destroyed too.
 Genesis 6:8-9 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. 9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
- Noah was a JUST man and PERFECT in his generations.
- Does that mean that Noah NEVER sinned? Was Noah perfect? We know for sure that Noah was a sinner.
- So obviously PERFECT and JUST doesn’t mean he never sinned. So what does that mean right there?
 James 1:4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
- PERFECT is equal to WANTING NOTHING. Noah had everything he needed. God provided for HIM.
- He was a just man because he found GRACE in the eyes of the LORD.
- Noah was saved because HE HAD FAITH in God. He was righteous in God’s eyes because of FAITH.
 Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
- So we know that no man is without sin so we know that PERFECT doesn’t mean that.
- There is none righteous, no not one. We aren’t righteous on our own. It’s only through GOD.
- When you believe God and what He says, you become an HEIR of righteousness by faith.
 Genesis 6:10 And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
- Noah had 3 sons. They are listed as Shem, Ham, Japheth.
- But in order of age, it’s Japheth, Shem, and Ham.
 Genesis 6:11-12 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. 12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
- The earth was now filled with violence. Very bad place to live. Very corrupt.
- And notice it says, “ALL FLESH had corrupted his way upon the earth.” Not angels. FLESH.
 Genesis 6:13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
- God tells Noah that the end of all flesh is come.
- God tells us again that the Earth is FILLED with violence THROUGH men.
- God is now going to destroy all men with the earth. The earth itself will destroy men.
- And you might ask, “Why would God destroy all of mankind because of violence?”
- Well, God HATES violence. And some people from churches would respond: “God doesn’t HATE anything.”
- And I say, “Oh yes He does. He hates violence and the people who enjoy violence.”
 Psalm 11:5 The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.
- So yes, the LORD tries the righteous but HATES people that LOVE VIOLENCE.
- If you’re protecting yourself or your family or your country, that isn’t loving violence.
- And that’s what God does throughout the Bible. He’s protecting HIS PEOPLE. He doesn’t love violence.
Follow God And Do Not Love Violence
VIOLENCE is doing something wrong to someone who doesn’t deserve it.
- For example, soldiers aren’t supposed to hurt women and children who aren’t fighting in the war.
- If they do, that’s VIOLENCE for no reason. They’re hurting innocent people with no reason.
- Defending yourself in WAR is not violence. It’s all throughout the Bible. God defends HIMSELF.
 Genesis 6:14-16 Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch. 15 And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits. 16 A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.
- A cubit is equal to about 18 inches or a foot and a half.
- 300 cubits long is about 450 feet long.
- 50 cubits wide is about 75 feet wide.
- 30 cubits high is about 45 feet tall. 3 stories or 3 floors to the ARK.
- If you figure out the square footage, it’s roughly 100,000 square feet of floor space in 3 floors.
- And notice something that is VERY IMPORTANT in verse 16: It says, “THE DOOR OF THE ARK.”
- In this huge ARK, there’s only ONE DOOR. The ARK is a picture of salvation.
- There’s only ONE DOOR. There’s only ONE WAY to be saved.
 John 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
- There’s only ONE WAY to get onto that ark and be saved from the flood.
- Once Noah and his family were on the ark, THE DOOR was shut and sealed by God. SAVED and SEALED!
- There’s only ONE WAY to be saved and JESUS CHRIST is THE DOOR.
- Once you believe on HIM, that door shuts and is sealed. You’re SAVED and SEALED with the Holy Spirit.
- You have everlasting life and God SEALS you. He doesn’t have leaks in HIS SEAL.
They were safe in the ark until all the danger was over.
- You’re safe in God’s hands and sealed with the Holy Spirit until all the danger is over.
- The ARK is a picture of salvation in every way possible.
 Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
- When the day of redemption is here, the LORD’S DAY, you’re safe and sound.
- Why are you safe and sound when that day is here?
- Because from that point on, you’re with the LORD forever. You are in HIS PRESENCE.
- “You’re safe now,” God says.
 1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
- Noah and his family were safe and sound. They exit the ark once they’re safe.
- There’s a BRAND NEW earth waiting for them.
- Same thing for us in the future. There will be a new Earth for us.
- Do you see how the Ark is a picture of SALVATION?
- There’s only ONE DOOR, ONE WAY to be saved, and that’s through JESUS CHRIST.
- Back to Genesis Chapter 6 verse 17.
 Genesis 6:17-18 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die. 18 But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons’ wives with thee.
- The flood is going to destroy ALL FLESH. Everything in the earth will die.
- God is establishing a covenant or PROMISE with Noah to not destroy HIM and HIS FAMILY.
- He tells Noah that HIMSELF, HIS SONS, HIS WIFE, and HIS SONS’ WIVES will get onto the ARK.
- But, they aren’t getting onto the ARK right here at this point in time. They get on in Chapter 7.
- Do you remember VERSE 3 from this Chapter. Let’s read it again.
 Genesis 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
- I believe this verse means that God is giving man 120 years from that point.
- When God said that, the flood was going to be in 120 years.
- I don’t believe it doesn’t have anything to do with how long people live.
- Because obviously, people lived a lot longer than 120 years after the flood happened.
God Was Giving Noah A Time Frame To Complete The Ark
Even Abraham lived to be 175 years old. So, I believe it means God was giving Noah a time frame.
- From verse 3 of Chapter 6 to where we are in verse 18, there’s a period of time.
- But at the point in VERSE 18, God makes a FINAL DECISION on who will be saved on the ARK.
- There’s only going to be EIGHT PEOPLE on the ark and that’s FINAL in verse 18.
- So there may have been some time for Noah to convince others. He was a preacher. We know that.
 2 Peter 2:5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
- So, we can’t say for sure if Noah tried to convince others to get on the Ark.
- The Bible doesn’t say anything like that BUT he was a PREACHER OF RIGHTEOUSNESS. So maybe he did.
- That we do not know for sure. Maybe we can ask Noah once we get to see him in heaven one day.
- The only ones who got on that ark, though, were the 8 people, HIS FAMILY. That’s it.
Noah condemned the world BECAUSE he proved that not all people were unrighteous. Noah walked with God.
- Noah believed God and righteousness was counted to Noah because of HIS FAITH.
- God established HIS COVENENT or promise with Noah.
- And if you’re saved today, GOD has established A COVENANT with you.
- God says, “You’re SAVED!!!” That’s HIS PROMISE to you. He says, “You have everlasting life.”
- That means there’s nothing you can do to lose it. God’s promises are good.
 Genesis 6:19-20 And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female. 20 Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.
- God tells Noah to bring TWO of every SORT into the ark. Male and Female.
- Fowls after their KIND. Cattle after their KIND. Every creeping thing after their KIND.
- So, it doesn’t say EVERY BREED of every KIND.
- The Bible never says Noah was to bring 2 of every Dalmatian. 2 of every German Shepherd.
- 2 of every Poodle. 2 of every Jack Russell. 2 of every Australian Shepherd. 2 of every spotted Cow.
- 2 of every solid Cow. 2 of every black, red, tan, and white Cow.
- That’s not what the Bible says.
People will say that the Bible can’t be true because all the animals couldn’t fit onto the ark.
- Well, I’m sure glad we have all these SMART PEOPLE on earth that say it couldn’t happen.
- Because God says it did happen. So I know it happened.
- And I know all the SORTS and KINDS of animals were represented on that ARK.
- It wasn’t every different breed, but there were 2 COWS on the ARK, male and female.
Coyotes And Coconuts Are Related???
And then people will LAUGH at you and say: “You really think ALL DOGS came from ONE ANCESTOR?”
- But do you know what’s funny about that, though.
- The same people who laugh at that BELIEVE that ALL ANIMALS came from a common ancestor.
- So which one is more weird?
- Believing that ALL DOGS came from a common ancestor?
- Believing that ALL ANIMALS came from a common ancestor?
So, whose laughing now? I am. Dogs came from dogs. Humans came from humans. Cows came from cows.
- People laugh when you tell them that coyotes, wolves, and jack russell’s are related.
- They’re all DOGS. It’s pretty obvious. One’s just a lot smaller than the others.
- But those same people think coyotes and coconuts are related to each other. Seriously.
The Book of Job mentions very large creatures that were probably dinosaurs.
- That was after the flood. So people say: “How did a dinosaur fit on the ark?”
- Well, maybe the babies were brought onto the ark. The ARK happened.
- You can come up with any questions you want and understand the ARK happened.
- “Well, how did they have enough food to feed the elephants?”
- “They eat hundreds of pounds each day.”
- Well, maybe they didn’t get so much food to eat each day. God’s running this.
- Let’s finish this Chapter. Verse 21.
 Genesis 6:21 And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them.
- Noah started gathering food. He had a long time to build the ark and gather food.
- They were on the ark for about a year. They gathered a lot of food.
- GOD WAS WORKING WITH NOAH TOO.
- Don’t let someone discount the story of the ARK because they can’t understand every little detail about it.
 Genesis 6:22 Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.
- Noah OBEYED God and did everything He asked him to do.
One last point that so-called “Christians” in today’s world can’t seem to understand due to FALSE PREACHING.
- God HATES sin and wickedness. He HATES violence. The world was filled with it.
- God didn’t hesitate to DESTROY all FLESH on this earth.
- Christians say today: “God loves everyone no matter what.”
- Well, what about the flood? He doesn’t love everyone no matter what.
- HE HATES PEOPLE WHO LOVE VIOLENCE. I showed you the Scripture today.
- But so-called Christians YET tell others that God will forgive them no matter what.
- Go do whatever you want. It’s okay. God won’t send you to hell.
- People who don’t READ THE BIBLE say that. So-called “Christians” don’t read the Bible.
You’ll Find God’s True Nature Very Quickly In Genesis
If you start reading the Bible in Genesis, it doesn’t take long to see God’s TRUE Nature.
- He hates SIN. He hates violence so much that HE DESTROYS all LIFE on Earth.
- Why do you think it’s at the beginning of the Bible?
- It takes about 20 minutes of reading to get to the FLOOD!!!
- God’s trying to tell people that HE HATES, and HE WILL DESTROY THEM.
- The men, women, children, babies, and ALL LIFE was destroyed on Earth.
The STORY OF THE FLOOD should put the FEAR OF GOD into you.
- And that’s NOT the only story in the Bible that should put the fear of God into you.
- There are hundreds upon hundreds of stories that will put the fear of God into you.
- That’s why you need to reading the Bible every day for long periods of time.
- If you don’t HATE EVIL, you don’t fear God. You should HATE, but it should be a RIGHTEOUS HATE.
 Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
- You don’t HATE righteous things. You don’t HATE for no reason. You hate EVIL and WICKEDNESS.
- You should HATE VIOLENCE just as God hates violence. You should HATE lying just as God hates lying.
- When you truly fear God, you should HATE sin. You should HATE when you do something wrong.
- That’s when you’ll get better at NOT sinning. You won’t want to make GOD ANGRY.
- I hope this study on Genesis Chapter 6 has helped you today.