- Sermon Slides for Sermon God Is Three In One Part 2: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon God Is Three In One Part 2: PDF
 The title of the sermon today is “GOD IS THREE IN ONE, PART 2.”
- If you didn’t get a chance to hear God is Three in One Part 1, you can find it on the website.
- You really should find that sermon, and read through it so we’re all on the same page.
Introduction to Part 2 of God Is Three In One
- This sermon series is simply going through verses in the Bible that prove there is more than ONE PERSON that makes up the ONE TRUE GOD.
- God is 3 in 1. The Bible says so.
And look, the Catholics were huge supporters of the Trinity.
- I don’t want to be associated with them in any way at all.
- But, if they have something right according to the Bible, then they have it right.
- That doesn’t mean they have everything else right because they aren’t even close.
We don’t reject truth because some other denomination or false Church supports one of the truths.
- This is how denominations go the wrong way.
- They might worry too much about what their opponents are supporting and support something else just because they don’t want to have the same views.
- For example, people will say that witchcraft or pagan gods influenced the adoption of the Trinity.
- I absolutely laugh when I hear statements like this:
 “Many who believe in the Trinity are surprised, perhaps shocked, to learn that the idea of divine beings existing as trinities or triads long predated Christianity. Yet, as we will see, the evidence is abundantly documented.”
- Do you know why this makes me laugh?
- If you know God, you’ll understand that He has existed forever as 3 persons. NOTHING PREDATES GOD!!!
- Do we not believe that Adam knew the true nature of God? Do we not believe that Moses knew?
- What about Abraham? Isaac? Jacob? Daniel? King David? King Solomon?
- These RELIGIONS think that all of those people didn’t know God as 3 persons in 1.
They didn’t know the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Who do they think ate in the tent with Abraham in Genesis Chapter 18? Who wrestled with Jacob?
- Who was there WITH God creating all of creation on the first page of the Bible in the very beginning?
- Do you know where that statement came from about the Trinity?
- The United Church of God website who claims to know God. Their arguments are ignorant and idiotic.
- They cannot read the Bible and understand the Bible and continue to say that God is not 3 in 1.
- The concept of the Trinity wasn’t first. God is eternal. God came first.
The Bible clearly says that no man has seen the Father. Who did Abraham see? Who did Jacob see?
- Who came to Earth and died on the cross?
- Who was seen by thousands upon thousands of men and women?
- Who is written about in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John?
- It’s the Son of God, Jesus Christ. It’s not the Father.
The purpose of all of these sermons on GOD IS THREE IN ONE is to prove that God is 3 persons in 1 because the Bible says so.
- We already proved without ANY ounce of doubt that God exists as God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit BUT let’s keep going because some people won’t believe it until you show them 50 times.
- It should take just once, but for some it takes 50. All it takes to prove anything is the Word of God.
- It’s right here in this Bible.
“I Am Not Alone”
- Let’s go ahead and get started with the first verse we’ll look at today.
 John 16:32 Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.
- Jesus Christ HIMSELF says I am not alone. Then you can say: “Well, who is with Him if He’s not alone?”
- He says it right there. Jesus Himself says I am not alone BECAUSE the Father is with me.
If there’s only ONE PERSON that makes ONE GOD, how can Jesus say He is not alone?
- The Modalists say that JESUS is the name of God. There is ONLY ONE JESUS. This is what they say.
- Jesus only exists as one of the 3 modes at a time. Then why does the REAL JESUS say that He is not alone?
- If He were alone, He would have said so. But, He says the exact opposite of the Modalist belief.
- The Modalist belief is like me saying I am not alone because I have ME, MYSELF, and I.
- It doesn’t make ANY sense at all. The mind of a Modalist has no logic whatsoever. There’s no logic at all.
- No sense at all. See? You can’t slither your way out of this statement made by Jesus.
- Jesus says I AM NOT ALONE BECAUSE THE FATHER IS WITH ME.
“Let Us Make Man In OUR Image”
- Let’s move to the next verse that we’ll look at today.
 Genesis 1:26-27 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
- So we’re all the way back to OUR BEGINNING when God is creating us.
- You see: it doesn’t take very long to see that God is more than 1. God is singular and plural.
- There is ONE GOD in 3 persons and each of the 3 persons is FULLY GOD.
- Notice that this passage of Scripture says: “Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness.”
- So we see that God is plural right here.
- Look at that, this happened before the so-called Trinity doctrine was created in the second of third century.
We learn that God is plural from the first Book of Moses.
- So did Moses know that God existed in more than 1 person? Of course. He penned this book.
- He believed what God said. Then take a look at verse 27.
- It says, “So God created man in HIS OWN image.” Back to singular GOD and HIS OWN image.
- The Modalists might say that God was talking about the angels that were with Him at the time.
- The angels aren’t the Creators. The Bible is very clear that God is the Creator.
- They attempt to slither their way out of every verse, but put them all together as WE’RE SUPPOSED TO DO and they can’t get out of these.
- They can’t explain them all away.
 Colossians 1:16-17 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
- This passage is clearly taking about the Son of God, Jesus Christ. All things were created by Jesus Christ.
- Jesus Christ was there in the beginning WITH God the Father.
- The Holy Spirit was there WITH both of them.
- You might say, where does it say the Spirit was there in the beginning?
- This might surprise you, but the Holy Spirit shows up in the SECOND VERSE of the Bible.
 Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
- There He is. The Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God, shows up in the second verse of the Bible.
And Now The Lord God And His Spirit Hath Sent Me
- Do you want to see that God is CLEARLY 3 in 1 in the Old Testament?
- Some people will say that the Trinity wasn’t created until the New Testament.
- God’s nature has always existed. He is eternal. Remember that. Take a look at this verse.
 Isaiah 48:16-17 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me. 17 Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.
- This verse tells us that Jesus, the Son of God, has always existed.
- He says right here: “Since the beginning, there am I.”
- Jesus then tells us right here that the Lord GOD and His Spirit hath sent Him.
- All 3 are shown right here in this passage in Isaiah.
Did you know the disciples of Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ HIMSELF used the Old Testament books like Isaiah to give people the Gospel of Jesus Christ?
- They used the Old Testament to get people saved.
- Do you think they didn’t know about the ONE TRUE GOD and His Nature before they received the New Testament Scripture?
- They already knew. It’s in the Old Testament everywhere that God is 3 in 1.
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ is in the Old Testament. Is it as clear as the New Testament? No, but it’s there.
- God gave us the New Testament and has revealed so much to OUR GENERATION and we STILL won’t accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
 Acts 8:30-32 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest? 31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him. 32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:
Do you all see that? Phillip RAN to the man who heard reading the Book of Isaiah.
- He helped him to understand the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He read and explained Jesus Christ to this man.
- I want to take a few minutes to read the part that Phillip was teaching this man because it’s AMAZING, it’s AWESOME, and it again proves that God is more than 1 person.
 Isaiah 53:4-10 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. 6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. 7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. 8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. 9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. 10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
- Notice it says “SMITTEN OF GOD.” How can Jesus be SMITTEN of God if there’s only one.
- God the father had to pour out His wrath on Jesus.
- He forsake Jesus because He carried all the sin of the world of all time.
- It also says in verse 6 there that the “LORD hath laid on Him the iniquity of all.”
- That’s talking about more than one person there. The Lord laid on Him. 2 people.
Verse 10 says that it pleased the Lord to bruise Him. Is this verse talking about multiple people?
- Yes, it is. It’s obvious. So, to all the Churches out there: “We must start using our brains that God gave us.”
- Stop listening to false teaching from the world and allowing the cemeteries (I mean the seminaries) to influence all your beliefs.
- Stop allowing the world to change your beliefs. Stop siding with the enemies.
- Use the Bible alone. The Bible will tell you the truth. Don’t listen to man. Take the truth.
- As you get further from the truth, the lies will start to influence you more and more.
- And they’ll get worse and worse and weirder and weirder.
There Is A Godly Order
- Now, let’s move onto the next verse.
 1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
- This verse shows there is a Godly order. The head of the woman is the man.
- Husbands have authority over their wives. Jesus Christ is the head of every man.
- Every man should be submitting to Jesus Christ. The head of Jesus Christ is God.
Modalists, how can that be if there’s only ONE person that makes up God? It can’t be.
- Also, this verse occurs after Jesus Christ has already died on the cross and has ascended into heaven to sit on the right hand of the Father.
- Jesus Christ always obeyed His Father. He didn’t obey Himself.
- In the end times, we even see Jesus Christ delivering the Kingdom up to His Father just a few chapters from this verse that we’re looking at.
- Here it is in 1 Corinthians Chapter 15.
 1 Corinthians 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
So think about what the Modalists and Oneness Pentecostals are saying.
- They are saying that Jesus is delivering the Kingdom to Jesus and that Jesus once He delivers the Kingdom up to someone who isn’t there yet, instantly changes from the Son of God Jesus to God the Father Jesus.
- He just disappears from the Son of God to God the Father.
- Remember, there’s only one so there can only be one at any given time.
So He shape shifts instantly from the Son of God to the Father to the Spirit but He exists in only ONE MODE at any given time.
- This is like some Science Fiction movie or something.
- It’s a made-up fairy tale because the Bible NEVER says anything like this.
- How is there a Godly order if there’s only ONE PERSON as God?
- The Modalists and Oneness Pentecostals will outright deny that there’s a chain of command.
- They will say it doesn’t exist. What does this verse mean?
 Philippians 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
- Jesus is obedient to the Father. He’s not being obedient to Himself.
- He chooses the Father’s will over His own. The head of Jesus Christ is God.
- That can’t be if Jesus is constantly switching between different modes because there’s no one else there.
- This isn’t a shape shifting Sci-Fi movie trick.
So keep this in mind too: Since Jesus submits to the Father, this doesn’t mean He is a lesser God than the Father.
- This doesn’t mean He is inferior. Jesus is God. He is co-equal with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.
- Each of the 3 are fully God. Female was created from man which shows an order.
- This doesn’t mean female is less or inferior to man. No, it does not mean that.
- God created man in His image, male AND female created He them.
- There is a chain of command with the 3 persons that make up the ONE TRUE GOD.
- If there were only one there wouldn’t need to be a chain of command.
- They each are equal but when there’s more than one, there must be a chain of command.
“The Son of The Father”
- Let’s move onto the next verse.
 2 John 3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
- Is this not obvious that there’s more than one person when reading this verse?
- Is it not obvious that there’s a Father and a Son here? Just like I have a Father and my Father has a Son?
- I’m sorry, but I’m having so much trouble understanding these Modalists and Oneness doctrines.
- It actually blows my mind.
Take a close look at this verse.
- If that verse would have stopped after it says: “from God the Father AND from the Lord Jesus Christ” those Modalists would have said “SEE!!! It’s saying they are ONE. He is the Father and He is the Son.”
- But it doesn’t stop there. It actually says: “from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father.”
- Obviously there’s a Father AND a Son who are different and exist at the SAME TIME.
- There are even verses in the Bible that show all 3 persons that make up God at the same time.
- How in the world would they shape shift and be all 3 at the same time if there’s only one.
- Do you know what the modalists will say?
- “Well, we can’t fully understand God’s nature during every verse.”
And yes, that’s true BUT you don’t get to use that excuse when the Bible clearly shows they are 3 separate and distinct individuals.
- Again, this may seem simple to some but HEY, we’re going to make sure we all understand God in this Church.
- There will be no false doctrines being taught here.
- If you don’t believe God exists in 3 persons after hearing all of the verses so far, let’s keep listening.
- If you don’t believe it once we’re finished with all of these verses, there’s the door.
The doctrine of God being 3 persons is not optional here. It’s a requirement.
- If you don’t believe in the God of the Bible and don’t want to hear any of this, then why are you here?
- You won’t like it here. We’re going to learn what the Bible says.
- If you don’t want to hear that, there’s the door.
- But know, if you’re humble and want to learn because someone has mixed you up, you’re welcome right back in that door.
- No hard feelings here. We’ll welcome you back with joy if you want to learn the Bible.
- If you’re confused, you’re welcome here.
- If you have questions or want to talk, all you have to do is ask me. That’s why I’m here.
Clearly, the Bible teaches that God is 3 persons. The Bible NEVER says that the name of God the Father is Jesus.
- The Bible clearly says that the name of the Son of God is JESUS. Not God the Father.
- Read your Bibles. Search for “God the Father” and you’ll see.
- Remember, we are to search the scriptures daily to see if what we’re learning is true.
- That is welcome here at all times.
- Other churches don’t want you searching the Scriptures because you’ll find their doctrine doesn’t match with the Bible.
If our doctrine is wrong according to the Bible, you better know that we’ll accept that we’re wrong and we’ll change it because we know God.
- We’re only right if it matches the Bible. We don’t mess with God. We aren’t God.
- He is God, and He knows we are humble enough here to change our doctrine if it doesn’t match His words.
“My Beloved Son”
- Let’s look at the next verse.
 2 Peter 1:17-18 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. 18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
- Look, there’s obviously 2 different people given here with God the Father in heaven and Jesus Christ, the Son of God, standing there with the disciples.
- But let’s look closer. The verse says: “For HE received FROM God the Father honour and glory.”
- He’s receiving it from His Father and from Himself. The voice came to Him. It didn’t come from Him.
- Jesus didn’t throw His voice. That’s what some Modalists will say.
- Jesus is tricking us there and He’s actually throwing His voice.
The disciples are giving witness to this. They are saying: “Hey, we saw this. We were there.”
- The Son of God, Jesus Christ, is not the Father because the Father’s voice came from heaven.
- And look, this isn’t the only verse that says this.
- When Jesus was baptized, the same thing happened:
 Matthew 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
- The voice comes from heaven saying: “THIS IS MY BELOVED SON.” Whose voice is that?
- Well, He says this is MY SON. So it must be God the Father, right? Of course that’s right.
- Listen, people are taking common sense verses and trying to twist common sense.
- This reminds me of Romans Chapter 1.
 Romans 1:21-22 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
- Don’t try to change the word of God around to match your man-made beliefs.
- That’s what the modalists are doing.
- They should admit it, give it up, and find God in His Bible and NOT in the minds of corrupt men.
- You won’t find God in the minds of corrupt men and women.
- When God the Father says: “Hey, look, this is my Son” the Modalists are saying that God the Father is saying: “Hey, look, this is MYSELF.”
- What kind of sense does that make? That’s right. NONE.
Jesus Standing On The Right Hand Of God
- Let’s take a look at the next passage that proves Jesus is NOT God the Father, and that He is a separate person who is fully God Himself.
 Acts 7:54-56 When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth. 55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, 56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.
- This is the part of the Bible where Stephen is preaching and the Jews didn’t like it so they killed Stephen right there.
- Murderers killing God’s people. But Stephen wasn’t scared. He wasn’t fearful.
- He stood up for God, and He is up there in heaven right now smiling and joyful because he is with God.
- The ones that killed Stephen there are now in hell burning forever.
- They may have gained a few years on Earth over Stephen, but that’s it.
Let’s take a close look at Acts 7:54-56. All 3 persons of the ONE TRUE GOD are shown in this passage of Scripture.
- Stephen was 100% FULL OF THE HOLY GHOST.
- Stephen saw Jesus standing there on the RIGHT HAND of the Father.
- If Jesus were the Father, He wouldn’t see Jesus standing on the right hand of the Father. Would He?
- Why would the Bible tell us that Stephen saw Jesus standing on the right hand of the Father if Jesus is the Father?
- There’s 2 different persons obviously.
As we go through all of these Scriptures, I hope you’re seeing how ridiculous the Modalism beliefs happen to be.
- As you read the Bible and study the Bible, you’ll see how foreign these views are to you.
- If they don’t seem foreign, then you’ve been indoctrinated.
- Get rid of man-made beliefs and read the Bible for what it says.
The Son of The Highest
- Let’s take a look at the next passage of Scripture.
 Luke 1:31-35 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end. 34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? 35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
- The Son of God is clearly named Jesus.
- Where does the Bible ever say that the name of God the Father is Jesus?
- Matthew 28:19 doesn’t say that.
- The Bible NEVER says that, but you can see where it clearly calls the name of the Son of God JESUS.
- Jesus is called the SON OF THE HIGHEST. Who is the HIGHEST? God the Father.
Look at what it says in verse 32, though. “And the Lord God shall GIVE unto HIM the throne of His Father David.”
- If Modalism were correct, how would Jesus Give Himself the throne?
- There must be another person to give Him the throne. It doesn’t say He gives it to Himself.
Then take a look at verse 35. You’ll find all 3 persons in that verse.
- The Holy Ghost comes upon Mary, the power of the HIGHEST (God The Father) overshadows Mary, and the holy thing born of her will be the Son of God.
- All 3 are shown there.
- It’s absolutely crazy to act as if there is only one person.
God The Father Created All Things By Jesus Christ
- Let’s look at Ephesians Chapter 3 verse 9.
 Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
- God created all things by Jesus Christ.
- This means Jesus Christ is eternal because all things were created through Him. ALL THINGS.
- If God created all things by Jesus Christ, there must be more than 1.
- Did the Father morph into Jesus then create something, then morph back into the Father, and then shape shift back into Jesus, and so on?
So what does this verse mean when it says God created all things BY JESUS CHRIST?
- Let’s look at a few examples.
- Do you remember when David killed Uriah the Hittite?
- We can say that David killed Uriah, and that statement is true.
- But, did David actually kill Uriah with his own hands? No, he did not.
- But his actions led to Uriah being killed.
The Bible mentions over and over again that David slew thousands of men.
- Did he kill each one of them personally? Of course not.
- The army of King David helped to slay all of those men.
- Let’s say I asked my wife to get me lunch, but she called Papa John’s and a delivery driver brought me the lunch.
- I could say that my wife got me lunch and that would be correct.
- This is indirect action that we see all throughout the Bible.
The Jews didn’t literally kill Jesus. They did it through the Romans who crucified Him on the cross.
- Do you see the difference? King David didn’t actually murder Uriah with his own hands.
- When you look at Ephesians 3:9 again, it says at the end there: “Who Created All Things By Jesus Christ.”
- Some people look at that and say: “SEE! Jesus Christ is THE CREATOR. We know that God the Father is the Creator so this MUST mean that JESUS IS GOD THE FATHER.”
- But that’s not what the verse says.
It says God WHO created all things BY Jesus Christ. The Jews killed Jesus Christ BY the Romans.
- Do you see? It’s not ONE person. It’s saying God the Father and Jesus Christ created all things.
- It’s like saying the Jews AND the Romans killed Jesus Christ. This is a true statement.
- God in ONE TRUE GOD in 3 persons. God the Father, the Son of God, and the Holy Spirit.
- It’s really that simple. Each of the 3 are fully God.
“I Have Kept My Father’s Commandments”
- Let’s look at the next verse.
 John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.
- The Son of God, Jesus Christ, is keeping the Father’s commandments right here.
- This shows 2 different persons and it shows a chain of command. Jesus is obeying the FATHER!
- Why would JESUS Himself say that I keep my Father’s commandments if they are the same person?
The modalists will say that God is only one person and can switch between 3 different modes at any given time.
- How is this possible?
- If Jesus is acting as the Son of God mode right there, then the Father doesn’t exist at this time.
- They are saying that the Father gave the commandments, exists as the Son of God right now, and Jesus is saying I have kept my own commandments.
- It’s a very weird and strange doctrine.
Because it’s so weird and makes no sense, most Oneness Pentecostals can’t explain it.
- They will defer to their Pastor who can’t explain it either. Why? Because it makes no sense.
- They can’t slither around the entire Bible.
- Jesus says I have kept my Father’s commandments.
- Modalists think they have some higher mind or higher knowledge or higher anointing because they understand that Jesus is the name of the Father.
- They go back and forth between their beliefs. They pray thank you Father for dying on the cross for me.
- Where in the world does the Bible say that??? News flash. It doesn’t.
They say that they are praying to the Father because the Son of God doesn’t exist right now???
- I’m not sure what they’re saying because they’re confused and I am confused at their fairy tales.
- If you try to logic out their beliefs, it just doesn’t make any sense at all.
 2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
- In other words, God has given His people a sound mind. Use it.
- If it doesn’t make any sense with the Bible, you must have it wrong. Use your sound mind.
- If you can’t, then you’ve got a big problem.
- Then look at the very end of John 15:10. It says “And Abide In His Love.”
- Jesus is saying He abides in the love of the Father. This isn’t self love here. He isn’t loving HIMSELF here.
- He’s talking about the Father’s love.
“The Everlasting Father”
- Let’s look at a verse that the Oneness Pentecostals use to say that JESUS is God the Father.
- I love the Bible because the Bible throws in verses every now and then to divide believers from unbelievers.
- He does this because people who don’t study His word will not get those verses right.
- God tells us to be workers in His word. If we love Him, we will do as He asks. God is the GREAT DIVIDER.
- Let’s take a look at Isaiah 9 verse 6.
 Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
- Does that verse say that Jesus Christ IS God the Father? The Oneness Pentecostals think so.
- The Modalists think so. Here’s another case of them not understanding the Bible.
- The verse starts out by saying a child is born, a SON is given.
- His NAME shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.
- So is the NAME of the Son of God Wonderful? Is that His proper name? Or is it Counseller?
- Do we say thank you Counseller for dying on the Cross for me?
When the verse says Jesus will be called the mighty God, the everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace, it’s not saying He IS God the Father!!!
- It says He will be called the everlasting Father.
- Do you know what makes sense with the entire rest of the Bible when you read that verse?
- That Jesus, the Son of God, the child who is born in this verse, is the Father of everlasting.
- He is the first born from the dead.
- We just looked at Colossians Chapter 1 earlier, but I want to look at it again.
 Colossians 1:16-19 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
- Jesus is BEFORE all things. Jesus is the firstborn from the dead. He is the Father of everlasting.
- He is the everlasting Father, the Father of everlasting.
- If He’s the firstborn from the dead, He is the Father of all who receive everlasting life.
- We only receive eternal life through Jesus Christ. Isaiah 9:6 doesn’t say Jesus is God the Father.
- It doesn’t say the name of God the Father is JESUS. Come on man, seriously??? Where does it say that???
The verse says He is the everlasting Father. He’s talking about the Father of everlasting.
- He is the firstborn from the dead. He gives us everlasting life. He’s the Father of everlasting.
- Does that fit with the entire rest of the Bible?
- Yes, that means the interpretation that Jesus is God the Father is WRONG because the entire rest of the Bible says so.
- You don’t get to pick and choose what you want God’s words to mean.
- When your beliefs don’t match the rest of the Bible, they are wrong. It’s that simple.
How Many Thrones Are There?
- Let’s take a look at the next verse.
- Modalists and oneness Pentecostals will say that there’s only ONE throne and that means that ONE THRONE means there is ONLY ONE GOD and not ONE GOD with 3 persons.
- So let’s see.
 Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
- The Oneness Pentecostals will say that Jesus will not be seated on the right hand of the Father.
- They say He is the Father so JESUS will be sitting on the throne. Is that what the Bible says?
- No, of course not. The Bible continues to say that Jesus is seated on the right hand of the Father.
But, they think that JESUS is constantly changing modes.
- He switches from the Son of God to God the Father to the Holy Ghost.
- When He does this, He can only be ONE of them at a time because there is only ONE.
- That’s what they’ll say but when a verse says something different, they’ll say: “Well, you can’t fully explain God.”
You can ask them other questions about their works based salvation too, and they’ll say it’s NEVER good to use hypothetical situations.
- Well, the Bible gives us examples to prove the TRUTH.
- If your doctrine doesn’t match with the Bible, then it’s never good to contradict the Bible.
- Now, let’s look closely at Revelation 3:21. It says that Jesus will grant to sit with Him in His throne as He is set down with His Father in the Father’s throne.
So, if there’s ONLY one throne like the Modalists say and let’s say there is only one throne as an example.
- Well, guess what?
- There’s more than ONE seat there because this verse says the Father and the Son are sitting on that throne.
- And Jesus even says He’s going to grant saved people the right to sit with Him in His throne.
- So how many seats are there now? There’s a lot of seats on that throne!
- Their argument makes absolutely no sense about there being only ONE THRONE and only ONE PERSON can sit there.
- In the same verse, Jesus says He will grant the SAVED the right to sit on His throne.
- That’s what He that overcometh means.
 1 John 5:4-5 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. 5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
- So again, Revelation 3:21 says Jesus has a throne and the Father has a throne.
- He says MY THRONE and HIS THRONE. So really, the ONE THRONE argument from the Modalists has no substance at all behind it.
- It makes no sense YET again.
God The Father Taught Jesus
- Let’s look at the next verse because this one will once again prove that Modalists are wrong, and that they are false teachers.
- They continue to promote heresy and are pure evil.
 John 8:26-28 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him. 27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father. 28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
- Look there. It says in verse 27 that they didn’t understand that Jesus was speaking to them about God the Father.
- The Modalists don’t seem to understand this either.
- He’s not speaking of Himself here. Jesus says you shall know that I am the Son of man.
Jesus says that He does nothing of MYSELF. Jesus says He does what His Father has taught Him.
- He speaks the things that the Father has taught Him.
- If Jesus is God the Father, then He would be doing these things of HIMSELF.
- But again, Jesus is being taught by the Father.
- If Jesus were God the Father how would He be taught by the Father?
- It makes no logical sense whatsoever.
- Try to twist it around and some other verse won’t make sense because the doctrine of ONENESS is false.
“The Image Of The Invisible God”
- Let’s take a look at the next verses.
 Colossians 1:13-15 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: 14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: 15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
- In verse 15, it says the Son of God is the image of the invisible God.
- Invisible means that God the Father cannot be seen.
- No man can see the face of God the Father and live because God says so when He speaks to Moses in Exodus 33.
 Exodus 33:20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
- God the Father is in invisible in that sense of the word because NO MAN CAN SEE HIS FACE AND LIVE.
- So Jesus Christ is THE IMAGE of the invisible God.
- We can look at Jesus and see the express image of God the Father. We won’t die from looking at Jesus.
- The face of Jesus is not invisible.
What’s image mean? It’s a picture. Jesus is the IMAGE of God the Father.
- So if you think of a picture of yourself: Is that picture or image of you actually YOU?
- No, it’s an image of you. It’s not YOU.
- Again, Jesus is NOT God the Father.
- If you think about a Father and a Son, most of the time the Son is going to be in the image of his Father.
- You can look at the Son and see the Father. They are in each other’s image. Does that mean the Father is the Son and the Son is the Father? No, it doesn’t. It means the opposite. They aren’t the same person.
When Colossians 1:15 says that Jesus is the image of the invisible God it’s proof that Jesus is NOT God the Father.
- As I continue, I hope you’re seeing how ridiculous Modalism is after reading the verses in the Bible.
- As I continue, I can’t hardly keep going because it’s so ridiculous. It really is.
- Could I have believed Modalism if I didn’t know the Bible? Yes, I could have fallen for it too.
- That’s why we’re going through the Bible.
- If you know the Bible, you won’t be deceived by all of this false doctrine.
- Why do you think God commands us to read the Bible?
- He knows we’re going to be led astray by deceivers if we don’t study HIS WORDS.
“The Man Is Become As One Of Us”
- We’re going to go back to the Old Testament now, way back, to Genesis Chapter 3.
 Genesis 3:22-23 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: 23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
- God, again, is speaking of HIMSELF in a plural form. He goes from SINGULAR TO PLURAL.
- In verse 22, He says: “And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of US.” He says “US.”
- The man has become like one of US. Whose speaking? The LORD GOD singular. The LORD GOD says “US.”
- Obviously, there’s more than just one there.
Some false teachers and preachers will explain this away and say that the Lord God is talking to someone else.
- They might say He’s talking to the angels that are there with Him.
- The angels aren’t made in the image of God, though. This is clear throughout the Bible.
- Others will say that God is just using an expression. Like we might say: “Hey, let’s go get some ice cream!”
- Or, “Hey, let’s go over there!”
- But think of this: When you use that expression, are you with someone else or are you all on your own?
- If you’re by yourself, do you talk to yourself and say: “Hey, let’s go out and get something to eat.”
- No, you don’t say that.
God uses plurality throughout the Bible to describe Himself.
- The Hebrew word in Genesis 1:1 is a plural form of the word.
- This same word ELOHIM is used in the Bible over 2,500 times. It’s a plural word.
- Do you think maybe that’s a clue that God exists in more than 1 person?
- Yes, it’s a very good clue to the truth.
Do you know what else is a clue to the truth? The entire Bible.
- It’s obvious God isn’t trying to trick us by saying the Father and the Son and the Spirit.
- These 3 are one. Does the Bible ever say there are 3 modes but only one mode exists at any given time?
- No, it doesn’t. If it did, I would listen. But, it doesn’t.
“O Father, Glorify Me With Thine Own Self”
- Let’s look at a passage that totally destroys ONENESS Pentecostalism and every other form of Modalism.
 John 17:1-5 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. 3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. 4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
- Please pay attention to verse 1 right there.
- Jesus HIMSELF lifts up His eyes to heaven and says FATHER, the hour is come, glorify thy Son that thy Son also may glorify thee.
- Why would Jesus lift up His eyes to heaven and look if the Father wasn’t there?
- The Modalists will say that JESUS is the Father. Is He just playing a trick on us here, then?
The Modalists will say: “Well, you just don’t understand our complex doctrine. You just don’t have the brains to understand.”
- Well, you’re right. I don’t understand.
- I don’t have a twisted mind that twists clear Scripture from the mouth of GOD HIMSELF.
- You see: I am not brave enough to twist God’s words because I understand who God is from reading His words.
- I don’t mess with God. I don’t want any of that. Obviously, they do.
Now, look closely at verse 5. It says: “And now, O Father, glorify thou me with THINE OWN SELF with the glory which I had with THEE before the world was.”
- So look how Jesus talks about the Father and then Himself.
- He says glorify THOU ME (Thou is Him and Me is Me). Then He says I had with THEE.
- Jesus also says He had glory WITH the Father before the world was.
- If He was only ONE, this would make no sense. He had it WITH someone else.
- That someone else is the Father. This matches perfectly with John 1:1.
 John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- The Word is Jesus Christ and He was WITH God in the beginning.
- The Son of God didn’t come into existence during the New Testament. He has always existed.
- He shared glory with the Father before the world began.
- All throughout eternity, Jesus has existed separate from the Father. It’s very clear and easy to see.
- We’re going to end God Is Three In One Part 2 of the Sermon with that today.
- There will be more to come in the future.