- Sermon Slides for Sermon God’s Elect: Who Are They? Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon God’s Elect: Who Are They? PDF
- Audio MP3 for Sermon God’s Elect: Who Are They? Audio
 The title of the sermon today is “GOD’S ELECT: WHO ARE THEY?”
Understanding God’s Elect Is Very Important
- Understanding God’s elect is important because there’s a lot of false teaching on this subject.
- If someone is God’s elect, what does that mean? What’s the definition of ELECT?
- Elect means to choose or to pick out of a group. Elect is the preferred choice.
- When we elect a president, the president becomes the elect or the chosen of the people.
- Elect is CHOSEN or taken by preference from among two or more.
- So, God’s elect would mean the ONE or ones He has preferred or chosen over others.
Now, as you know, when we study a topic on the Bible, we use Scripture.
- We take Scripture and compare it with Scripture to make sure we have a doctrine correct.
- What we don’t do is take one SCRIPTURE and build a false teaching or doctrine from one Scripture.
- Let’s say we were to do that. Let’s say we are teaching something falsely.
- When we read the Bible cover to cover and over and over again, we’ll see that we’re wrong.
- We’ll come upon many verses, Scriptures, chapters, and books that prove our false teaching wrong.
For example, some churches teach that you gain salvation through your own good works.
- The whole Book of Romans and the Book of Galatians clearly teaches the opposite.
- You’ll find single verses that prove the opposite.
 Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
- What does that Scripture say that you’re saved through? You’re saved through faith.
- You can’t do any amount of good works to gain your way into heaven. You can’t gain salvation.
- You can’t work for salvation. The entire Bible teaches that from cover to cover.
- Faith is trusting Jesus Christ to save you. You must trust in all the work that He did. Not your works.
- That’s why the Bible clearly says right there in verse 9: “NOT OF WORKS.”
If salvation depended on how good you were, the really good people would be able to boast about it.
- “LEST ANY MAN SHOULD BOAST.” There’s no man on this earth that can boast about how good they are.
- Though, the Catholic false pope likes to pretend that he’s so good but we know he’s not.
- But he has deceived millions upon millions of people. Those people won’t hear the Scriptures.
 Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
- The pope sure isn’t God. He might think that he is, but he’s just a little weakling with ZERO strength.
- The true God isn’t weak. Man? Now we’re weak. God? He’s not weak.
 Ecclesiastes 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.
- So, look, there’s many more Scriptures that say the exact same thing as that right there.
- There’s NONE that are good. You might say: “Well I’m good.” God says, “No you aren’t.”
- The Holy Bible disproves these false doctrines that state you must be good to go to heaven.
- That’s what the Bible will do for you. When you read it over and over, you’ll know whose lying to you.
 Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
- God isn’t lying to you. We go to His words to find the truth.
- The false church preacher will tell you that you are good. God says, “No, you aren’t good.”
- That false preacher doesn’t know what you’ve done. God does. He knows you.
- And He says, “There’s none good.” So, the Bible disproves false doctrine very easily.
- All you have to do is believe what the Bible says. And you should know what the Bible doesn’t say.
So, today, we’ll use the Bible to understand God’s elect. Who is “THE” elect, singular? Who are the elect, plural?
- Does God choose certain people to go to heaven and hell without giving them a choice?
- Does God ELECT you and not me without giving me a chance?
- Some so-called “Christian” denominations like many Presbyterians believe that.
- The church right down here on the left, the REFORMED church, believes that.
Some religions believe that ONLY THE PHYSICAL NATION of Israel are God’s elect.
- They say, “Well, you are chosen by God is you are in the physical line of Abraham.”
- In other words, they believe that it matters who your Dad is on whether you go to heaven or not.
- “If you’re a Jew, you are automatically going to heaven. If you’re not a Jew, you’re going to hell.”
- The Bible NEVER says any of these things.
- Some “Christian” denominations will even say that only the physical seed of Abraham went to heaven in the Old Testament.
- “ONLY THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL WENT TO HEAVEN because they are God’s elect and chosen ones.”
Are ONLY The Physical Children Of Israel God’s Elect?
I want to show you something we saw when reading the Bible together as a family.
- I love the Book of Jeremiah. I love when we get to that book every time.
- There are so many Scriptures in the Book of Jeremiah that disprove the lies in churches today.
- I want to show you this story in the Book of Jeremiah about a man named Ebed-melech.
- I will make a longer story shorter here. Jeremiah, a true prophet of God, was thrown into a dungeon.
- Do you know why he was thrown into a dungeon? For telling the truth. They didn’t like it.
- So they threw Jeremiah into a dungeon, and he did nothing wrong. He simply told the truth.
 Jeremiah 38:6 Then took they Jeremiah, and cast him into the dungeon of Malchiah the son of Hammelech, that was in the court of the prison: and they let down Jeremiah with cords. And in the dungeon there was no water, but mire: so Jeremiah sunk in the mire.
- Mire is deep mud. You sink into the deep mud. It’s not fun. No water to drink at all.
- Just Jeremiah sinking in the mire or the deep mud. They were trying to kill Jeremiah.
 Jeremiah 38:7-8 Now when Ebed-melech the Ethiopian, one of the eunuchs which was in the king’s house, heard that they had put Jeremiah in the dungeon; the king then sitting in the gate of Benjamin; 8 Ebed-melech went forth out of the king’s house, and spake to the king, saying,
- Notice before we continue that the evil men in this story are the Jews.
- The entire book of Jeremiah is about that. The entire Bible talks about the Jews being evil.
- Here, in Jeremiah Chapter 38, the Jews are trying to kill one of their own for simply telling the truth.
- But notice Ebed-melech. What race was he? Was he of the Jewish race? Was he a descendant of Jacob?
- Look at verse 7 right there. “Now when Ebed-melech the ETHIOPIAN.”
- This man isn’t of the so-called ELECT or chosen race that the religion of Judaism believes in.
- He’s ETHIOPIAN. He’s from Africa. Now watch this as we continue.
 Jeremiah 38:8-9 Ebed-melech went forth out of the king’s house, and spake to the king, saying, 9 My lord the king, these men have done evil in all that they have done to Jeremiah the prophet, whom they have cast into the dungeon; and he is like to die for hunger in the place where he is: for there is no more bread in the city.
- This Ethiopian man goes out to help Jeremiah. He goes to the king for help. Jeremiah is hungry.
- These men have done evil to Jeremiah. So, who were the evil ones here?
- Some sick and nasty racists in this world act like all black people are evil. Those racists are sickos.
 Jeremiah 38:10-11 Then the king commanded Ebed-melech the Ethiopian, saying, Take from hence thirty men with thee, and take up Jeremiah the prophet out of the dungeon, before he die. 11 So Ebed-melech took the men with him, and went into the house of the king under the treasury, and took thence old cast clouts and old rotten rags, and let them down by cords into the dungeon to Jeremiah.
- Because of Ebed-melech standing up for what was right, Jeremiah’s flesh is saved that day.
 Jeremiah 38:12-13 And Ebed-melech the Ethiopian said unto Jeremiah, Put now these old cast clouts and rotten rags under thine armholes under the cords. And Jeremiah did so. 13 So they drew up Jeremiah with cords, and took him up out of the dungeon: and Jeremiah remained in the court of the prison.
- In the next chapter, Jeremiah Chapter 39, I want you to learn more about Ebed-melech.
 Jeremiah 39:15-16 Now the word of the LORD came unto Jeremiah, while he was shut up in the court of the prison, saying, 16 Go and speak to Ebed-melech the Ethiopian, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will bring my words upon this city for evil, and not for good; and they shall be accomplished in that day before thee.
- God tells Jeremiah to go speak to Ebed-melech the Ethiopian. Say these things to him.
- So Jeremiah is speaking to this Ethiopian man who helped to save him that day.
- God is telling Ebed-melech that EVIL is going to come upon this city that he’s living in.
- Why is God telling this man these things? Watch what God says next.
 Jeremiah 39:17 But I will deliver thee in that day, saith the LORD: and thou shalt not be given into the hand of the men of whom thou art afraid.
- God says, “I’m going to destroy this city, but I’m going to save you. I WILL DELIVER THEE IN THAT DAY.”
- Why would God do that? Is it because Ebed-melech did something good?
- Is it because he was a good man? Is that what the Bible is about? God saves all the good people.
- Remember earlier what we learned? There is none good.
- So why do you think God was going to help Ebed-melech? Watch what the next verse says.
 Jeremiah 39:18 For I will surely deliver thee, and thou shalt not fall by the sword, but thy life shall be for a prey unto thee: because thou hast put thy trust in me, saith the LORD.
- God says, “I WILL SURELY DELIVER THEE.” Why? Because he put his trust in the Lord.
- Not because he did good works. It was simply because he trusted in the Lord.
- Why did I choose or elect this example for this sermon? Who is God’s elect? Who does God choose?
- God chose Ebed-melech that day. Why did He choose Him?
- Was it because he was from the chosen race? No, he was Ethiopian. Does race matter to God?
- No, it doesn’t. Why did God choose Ebed-melech?
Here’s why. God couldn’t find any Jews that day to help Jeremiah. They all turned evil.
- They hated a man for speaking the truth. They hated Jeremiah because he loved God.
- After everything that God did for the children of Israel, they turned on Him.
- Since God couldn’t find any Jews to help Jeremiah, what does God do?
- He chooses someone else to help. Let me tell you this. God doesn’t need you or I.
“God Can’t Afford To Lose Me!!!”
When some people think more highly than themselves than they ought, they’ll say things like: “My job can’t afford to lose me. I AM THAT GOOD.”
- They’ll never make it without me. People think that highly of themselves.
- One thing I’ve learned in life is you can be replaced by anyone. And God can replace you any time.
- God can raise up someone else to take your place. He is God Almighty. He doesn’t need you.
- When you think you’re something, God will show you that you aren’t.
- God chooses or ELECTS Ebed-melech to help Jeremiah that day. God worked that for Jeremiah.
Jeremiah wasn’t doing so great. He went through a lot of trouble.
- Some of us would tempt God and say, “God, why aren’t you helping me? Where are you at, God?”
- Notice Jeremiah doesn’t do that. He waits upon the Lord.
 Isaiah 8:17 And I will wait upon the LORD, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him.
- God hid HIS FACE from the children of Israel. But not all of them. Jeremiah was there.
- But there weren’t many others. So God ELECTS this Ethiopian man to help Jeremiah.
- And Jeremiah waits upon the Lord. But God raises this man to help Jeremiah.
- WHY DID GOD CHOOSE EBED-MELECH? The Bible tells us that Ethiopian man trusted in the Lord.
- Guess what that mean? That man HAD FAITH in the Lord. He was saved. He was going to heaven.
- And yeah, he wasn’t of the so-called “CHOSEN RACE” because there is no chosen race.
- God chose that man, God elected that man all because he trusted God. And then God chose him.
 Jeremiah 17:7-8 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. 8 For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.
- Obviously, Ebed-melech was saved and you’ll see him in heaven one day.
- I don’t need to know anything else about him but that he trusted in the Lord. DONE. He’s in heaven.
- He is God’s elect. He is chosen by God all because he trusted in the Lord.
 Psalm 37:39-40 But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: he is their strength in the time of trouble. 40 And the LORD shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.
- Being God’s elect is based on faith or trust in the Lord. That’s the answer. That’s it.
- So, the words elect, elected, election, and elect’s are in the Bible 30 times in 27 verses.
- We can learn everything we need to know about God’s elect by studying those verses.
- I like to look at a chart like this when I study words throughout the Bible.
- Genesis is over on the far left and Revelation is on the far right.
- The Old Testament has the lighter yellow background and the blue background is the New Testament.
- So, I can easily see that there’s only a couple of verses in the Old Testament with the word elect.
- There’s many more in the New Testament. So, where are these words located exactly?
- We see the only Old Testament book on the list there is the Book of Isaiah.
- Romans has the most verses with 5. Isaiah has 4. Matthew has 3. Mark has 3. 1 Peter has 3. And so on.
- Of course, we’re going to the first time the word ELECT is used in the Bible. We go to Isaiah Chapter 42.
- This chapter is prophesying about “THE” servant of the Lord. “THE” elect or chosen of the Lord.
- Do you know who that might be? Who is “THE” chosen of the Lord. Who is “THE” only one?
 Isaiah 42:1-2 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. 2 He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.
 Isaiah 42:3-4 A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. 4 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.
- That’s talking about Jesus Christ. GOD THE FATHER elected Jesus Christ to be the Savior of the world.
- There’s no one else who could do it so God says, “You are my servant. You are my choice.”
- “You are my elect. You are going to do this for me.”
Jesus Came Quietly At His First Coming
Notice how Jesus came the first time. He was quiet about it during His first coming.
- He came into the world as a little baby. He grew up quietly. He never hurt anyone.
- “A bruised reed shall he not break.” He didn’t come to destroy anyone at His first coming.
- He was setting up a SPIRITUAL KINGDOM.
- But watch what happens in Isaiah Chapter 42. This is one clue that it’s talking about Jesus.
- When you get to the SECOND HALF of the chapter, things change.
 Isaiah 42:13-14 The LORD shall go forth as a mighty man, he shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: he shall cry, yea, roar; he shall prevail against his enemies. 14 I have long time holden my peace; I have been still, and refrained myself: now will I cry like a travailing woman; I will destroy and devour at once.
- That’s what’s happening right now.
- God is holding His peace and allowing this world to have what they want.
- It’s not because the world is at peace with God. It’s because the world is making Him angry.
- He’s being patient with us in this world. He’s giving more people the chance to be saved.
- He still has people left that are HIS ELECT that haven’t yet believed on Him.
- But when the time comes, He’s going forth like a MIGHTY MAN. He is a MAN OF WAR.
- God says, “My ELECT will go forth and destroy and devour at once.”
 Isaiah 42:15-16 I will make waste mountains and hills, and dry up all their herbs; and I will make the rivers islands, and I will dry up the pools. 16 And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.
- He’s giving the blind a chance to see. That was me. He made me to see the truth.
- He didn’t forsake me because He knew that I would eventually change my mind and believe on Him.
- THE ELECT, singular, in the Bible is none other than the Lord Jesus Christ.
- He’s the one that God sent to save you and I. And He did the job perfectly.
- If God would chosen anyone else but God Himself, we would have had no chance.
- Thank God that He elected Jesus Christ to come and be our Savior.
- And thank God that Jesus Christ is chosen to come back for us one day.
- What else do we see in the Book of Isaiah? There were 4 instances of the word elect. Let’s see.
 Isaiah 45:3-4 And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel. 4 For Jacob my servant’s sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.
- In verse 4, the Bible says: “And Israel MINE elect. I have called thee by thy name.”
- So, some false preachers will say: “SEE!!! The physical children of Israel are the elect.”
- “All of them are chosen by God and all of them are going to heaven.”
- When someone says that, you MUST know they have no idea what they’re talking about.
- You can’t take that Scripture and build a false doctrine on it when the rest of the Bible doesn’t agree with a false doctrine you made up.
- Now, is that Scripture right there 100% truth. YES IT IS. It is the perfect word of God. 100% truth.
- But you have to understand what it means in context of the entire Bible.
- Let’s keep going for now in the Book of Isaiah.
 Isaiah 65:8-9 Thus saith the LORD, As the new wine is found in the cluster, and one saith, Destroy it not; for a blessing is in it: so will I do for my servants’ sakes, that I may not destroy them all. 9 And I will bring forth a seed out of Jacob, and out of Judah an inheritor of my mountains: and mine elect shall inherit it, and my servants shall dwell there.
- Physical Israel did not serve God. That’s what we see throughout the Old Testament.
- God’s ELECT serve God. God’s chosen will serve Him. God raises up HIS CHOSEN. He lifts up HIS ELECT.
- He says, “I will bring forth a seed out of Jacob, and out of Judah.”
- That’s Jesus Christ. Jesus is the LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH. David was from the tribe of Judah.
- Mary and Joseph were both from the tribe of Judah, from the line of David.
- God brings a seed out of Jacob who is Israel. And because of Jesus, we can be elect or chosen.
The Election Are Only Chosen Through THE ELECT Who Is Jesus Christ
The ELECTION or the CHOSEN ONES can only come through JESUS CHRIST who was from the physical seed of Jacob or Israel.
- God’s elect are the ones who believe what He says and can therefore serve God through FAITH.
- We cannot please God without faith. It is impossible to please God without faith in Him.
- God’s elect are chosen by God. And God gives us that requirement to be chosen over and over again.
- Believe, faith, trust. Believe, faith, trust. Believe, faith, trust.
- If you haven’t yet seen that in the Bible, read it through again noticing believe, faith, and trust.
- If you believe on Jesus Christ, if you have faith in Jesus Christ, if you trust Jesus Christ, God chooses you.
- You are God’s elect once He comes to you with the truth and you believe that truth.
- In Isaiah Chapter 65, we see another instance of the word elect. It’s just a little ways down from there..
 Isaiah 65:22-23 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands. 23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.
- Many false preachers will continue to say that all of physical Israel are God’s elect.
- And what is that actually saying? They are saying that it depends on race. You must be of the Jewish race.
- Do you know what the Bible actually teaches, though. It’s not about race at all.
- There is a physical Israel and there is a spiritual Israel.
- The physical Israel, as a whole in general, have rejected the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The spiritual Israel does not reject Jesus Christ.
- You are part of spiritual Israel once you believe on Jesus Christ.
 Revelation 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
- That’s Jesus Christ speaking right there. Anyone who rejects Jesus Christ is not of God.
- The actual Jew who practice the religion of Judaism reject Jesus Christ who is God.
- Jesus says, “They are blasphemers. They say they are Jews, but they aren’t Jews.”
- The real Jews are ones who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. Why?
- Because Jesus Christ is the KING OF THE JEWS. And I love the spiritual Jews.
- But, the ones who HATE Jesus Christ are not GOD’S ELECT!!! What are they?
 1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
- Ask the people who practice the religion of Judaism if Jesus Christ is the Messiah or Savior.
- Is Jesus of Nazareth the CHRIST? They will tell you NO!!! They are still waiting for the Messiah.
- What’s that called? That’s called DENYING Jesus Christ.
- They call Jesus Christ of Nazareth a liar. They call God a liar. They call the word of God a liar.
- The physical Jews who don’t believe on Jesus Christ are not spiritual Jews. This is what the Bible teaches.
- There’s a physical or fleshly side to everything in the Bible AND there’s a spiritual side.
- Just hear what the Bible says.
 Romans 2:28-29 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
- No one can argue with the word of God. God ends all the arguments.
- You can form a false doctrine all you want, but the Bible disproves false doctrine easily.
- A true Jew is not one outwardly or of the flesh, but is one inwardly.
- That hardness of the heart has been removed and that inward Jew is one who believes the word of God.
- And once you believe on Jesus Christ, you have that witness within you and you’ll know He’s there.
 Romans 9:6-7 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: 7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
- “For they are not all Israel which are of Israel.” What do you think that means? Verse 7 gives the answer.
- Just because they are actual physical children of Abraham, this does not mean they are of Israel.
- Who were the sons of Abraham given here in this example? “But in Isaac shall thy seed be called.”
- When you’re called by God, you are chosen by God. You are the elect of God.
- That verse right there is telling us that ISAAC was chosen by God.
The Physical Sons Of Abraham Were Ishmael And Isaac
But the actual physical sons of Abraham were Ishmael first by Hagar and Isaac second by Sarah.
- Abraham had these 2 sons, Ishmael and Isaac. God CHOSE Isaac because there would be faith in Isaac.
- God didn’t choose Ishmael because He knew he would have no faith in God.
- Let’s say you had 2 children just like this example. You MUST choose one but not the other.
- One is going to heaven and one is going to hell. Wouldn’t that bother you?
 Genesis 21:9-10 And Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, which she had born unto Abraham, mocking. 10 Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac.
- Sarah had given Abraham her Egyptian handmaid so they could have a child. They didn’t wait on the Lord.
- They should have waited on the Lord. They should have trusted in God there. Ishmael is seen mocking.
- Sarah tells Abraham to cast out Hagar AND Abraham’s son Ishmael. That was his son.
- Sarah says, “ISHMAEL SHALL NOT BE HEIR WITH MY SON ISAAC.” That would be tough, right?
 Genesis 21:11 And the thing was very grievous in Abraham’s sight because of his son.
- Abraham is grieved. What’s Abraham going to do? Sarah isn’t the boss here. But who is? God is.
- Let’s see what God says to Abraham.
 Genesis 21:12 And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called.
- God tells Abraham to hearken to Sarah’s voice. Kick them out of the house.
- “For in Isaac shall they seed be called.” And who were the sons of Isaac? JACOB and ESAU.
- Let’s go back to Romans Chapter 9, though, and continue there.
 Romans 9:6-7 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: 7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
 Romans 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
- They are not all Israel which are of Israel. In other words, not all the physical seed of Israel are the children of God.
- Who are the children of God? Not the children of the flesh.
- Not the ones who think they can make it to heaven through THEIR flesh. “I can work my way to heaven.”
- No, that’s wrong. “But the children of the promise are counted for the seed.” They are God’s children.
- So, who are the children of the promise? Because that’s God’s elect or God’s chosen.
 Romans 4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
- You only get righteousness if you have FAITH in God. You can’t work to gain this righteousness.
- You simply have to believe on God to save you. Believe what God says. That is faith.
- So, the ELECT are the children of the promise. Abraham believed God’s promise and it was accounted to Abraham for righteousness.
- That’s what Abraham did. He believed God’s promise.
 Genesis 15:6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
- If you want to be God’s elect or chosen, you simply need to believe the promise that God made you.
 John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
- That’s a promise from Jesus Christ who is God. Believe on the Son of God and you have everlasting life.
- That means you will NEVER die. Your soul will never die.
- If you won’t believe on Jesus Christ as THE SAVIOR, you will not see life.
- Abraham believed God so Abraham is alive right now in heaven.
- God will do the same for you. Believe and God accounts His righteousness to you.
- Then, you are God’s elect. Then, you are chosen by God. You are one of God’s children at that time.
 Romans 8:31-33 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth.
- If God says you have everlasting life RIGHT NOW because you’ve believed His words, then you have it.
- “Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God’s elect?” No one can add sin to your soul now.
- No one can accuse you so that you’ll be sent to hell and lose your salvation. No one can.
- Why? Because it is God that justified you. Why? Because you believed His words.
- You believe that Jesus Christ is THE SAVIOR. You are God’s elect and that will never change.
Can A Physical Jew Be Saved From Hell?
Can a Jew practicing Judaism be saved? Yeah, if they are able to change their mind and believe on Jesus.
- Can an Ethiopian be saved? Yeah. Can someone from Antarctica be saved? Yeah.
- ANYONE who believes on the Lord Jesus Christ can be saved. God is not racist. He made us!!!
- I want to continue going through Scriptures about God’s elect. I’m going back to Romans Chapter 9.
 Romans 9:10-13 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac; 11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;) 12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. 13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
- 2 children from the same physical parents. Jacob and Esau were twins from the same womb.
- God loved Jacob but hated Esau. This by itself proves that it doesn’t matter who your dad and mom is.
- God already knows who will call upon Him and who won’t. But He gives us all the choice.
- “That the purpose of God according to ELECTION might stand, NOT OF WORKS, but of him that calleth.”
 Romans 10:13-14 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
- If you call upon the Lord because you’re first believed, then you’re saved.
- God wants you to believe on Him and call upon Him. That’s when you become HIS ELECT.
- Did God cast away all of the physical children of Israel because they wouldn’t believe on Him? Let’s see.
 Romans 11:4-5 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal. 5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
- God’s grace means HE GIVES you something you don’t deserve.
- He gives you the gift of eternal life once you BELIEVE ON HIM. That’s a gift. You don’t work for it.
- Changing your mind takes no physical work at all. NONE.
- “There is a REMNANT or a small number that are left according to the election of grace.”
 Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
- The religion of Judaism today, which is the number one religion in the man-made state of Israel today, thinks they make it to heaven through works.
- But God says it’s by grace. You can’t have it both ways. It’s one or the other.
- God’s elect are elected through HIS GRACE. We don’t deserve it. I’ll tell you right now I don’t deserve it.
- GRACE and WORK are opposites. The fleshly Jews today think they are saved by works. God says, “NO.”
 Romans 11:7-8 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded 8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
- The Apostle Paul was of the physical seed of Abraham. But Paul is one of God’s elect.
- How? Paul obtained salvation by grace through faith in God. He was part of the remnant.
- The rest that were not part of God’s elect, many Jews today, have been given the spirit of slumber.
- They can’t see the truth, and they can’t hear the truth. Why? Because they won’t believe God.
 Romans 11:26-28 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. 28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers’ sakes.
- The current Jews who practice Judaism are an enemy of the Gospel. They aren’t saved.
- But the election of those Jews, because there are some that will be saved, are beloved.
- ALL ISRAEL SHALL BE SAVED does not mean ALL OF PHYSICAL ISRAEL. It’s so obvious.
- There’s examples in the Bible. The pharisees were physical children of Israel. This is just one example.
 John 8:44-45 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
- That’s Jesus speaking directly to the physical children of Israel. They are not Israel the Bible says.
- Why? Because they won’t believe the words from Jesus Christ. They call Him a liar in John Chapter 8.
- Jesus tells them that their father is the devil. God the Father is not their father. They are not the elect.
- THE ELECT BELIEVES WHAT JESUS SAYS. That’s the elect. There’s hundreds of other examples in the Bible.
Not All The Physical Children Of Israel Have Been Saved
Obviously, not all the physical children of Israel are saved.
- When the Bible says, “And so all Israel shall be saved” this is talking about the election: God’s elect.
- All of God’s elect are called or chosen by God’s grace through personal faith in God.
 Colossians 3:12-13 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; 13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
- If we are all God’s elect through our belief on Jesus Christ, we’re family.
- Some of you are more my family because you are my spiritual brothers and sisters.
- Spiritual is much greater than physical. Understand that right now. Forbear one another.
- BEAR WITH EACH OTHER. Forgive one another. Help each other. Do good to each other. Not bad.
- Why? Because we are the elect of God. We’re all one.
 1 Thessalonians 1:2-4 We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers; 3 Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father; 4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.
- Understand that God has elected you. You are chosen by God Almighty. Understand what that means.
- THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME AND FOR ETERNITY has chosen you and knows you by name.
 2 Timothy 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect’s sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
- I’m willing to endure all things for your sakes. That’s what Paul says right there.
- Are you willing to endure all things for me? What about for Jesus?
- Are you willing to go out and find that 1 person who is elect and share the Gospel with them?
- They are out there. It might take going to 10,000 people before you find that person.
- But we MUST do this. We must endure all things for each other, THE ELECT.
- We’re still looking at verses with the word elect in them.
 Titus 1:1-2 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God’s elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness; 2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
- Do you notice what that says? “According to the FAITH of God’s elect.”
- You MUST have faith to be God’s elect. Then you can be a servant of God.
- Being a good person is impossible because you’ve already proved you aren’t. That’s over.
- You must be perfect to be good in God’s eyes. OR, you must believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- You must understand that HIS GOODNESS is what you need.
- He says, “I’ll give you my goodness if you simply trust in me.” Trust in me and receive eternal life.
- That’s the promise to God’s elect. Just believe what God says, and you’re chosen.
 1 Peter 1:1-2 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, 2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
- Notice the strangers that are scattered throughout those areas.
- They are ELECT according to God’s foreknowledge. God already knows who His elect will be.
- His elect are saved or sanctified through the Holy Spirit who seals your soul from sin.
- The blood of Jesus Christ cleans your soul from sin and forgives your soul of sin.
- The Spirit of God then protects your soul.
 1 Peter 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
- Jesus Christ is “THE” elect. Again, we can ONLY become the elect through Jesus Christ.
- He is precious. He that believeth on Him shall not be confounded.
- Let’s continue reading in 1 Peter Chapter 2 next verse.
 1 Peter 2:7-8 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, 8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
 1 Peter 2:9-10 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: 10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
- THE HOLY NATION is the SPIRITUAL NATION OF ISRAEL. Not the physical nation of Israel obviously.
- They say they hate Jesus Christ. They crucified Jesus. They murdered Jesus.
- Jesus called them vipers, serpents, and children of the devil. The holy nation is filled with believers.
God’s Elect Are Not Based On Physical Characteristics
With that said, you now know the truth about God’s elect. It’s not based on your skin color.
- It’s not based on your ethnicity or your race or the color of your hair or your eyes.
- It’s not based on anything PHYSICAL. It’s based on the SPIRITUAL.
- It’s based on whether or not you have the HOLY SPIRIT of God indwelling you.
- If you do, that means you are God’s elect and that means you have believed on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We’re going to read a few more Scriptures here just to show you the truth in the Bible.
A false doctrine out there in most “Christian” churches today says that Matthew Chapter 24, Mark Chapter 13, and Luke Chapter 21 are written only to the Jews.
- The false preachers say that the physical Jews are God’s elect. You now know that is clearly false.
- This is very important to understanding the entire Bible and especially the Book of Revelation.
 Matthew 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.
 Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
- Matthew Chapter 24 is written to God’s elect. You can’t understand the Bible if you aren’t God’s elect.
- You have all these false preachers who won’t believe God’s word but they’re attempting to explain it.
- They say: “God is talking to the Jews only right here because they are God’s elect.”
- That Scripture right there is saying that the VERY ELECT won’t be deceived.
- The Jews who practice Judaism are very deceived right now.
- And they’re waiting for a SAVIOR. Their SAVIOR will be the antichrist who won’t save them.
- They have a false Savior. They are antichrist.
 Matthew 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
- The elect are all the saved people of all time and that verse right there is talking about the rapture.
- The false preachers say that verse is only talking about the Jews.
- No, it’s talking about all the saved. All of God’s elect. And yes, many of those are Jews.
- Many of those are the physical children of Israel. Many of those are from the tribe of Judah.
- There aren’t chapters in the Bible written to just the Jews.
- Every word of God is written to His elect. Every word is for every one of us.
- Mark Chapter 13 is the parallel passage to Mark Chapter 24. Watch what this says.
 Mark 13:37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.
- Jesus is talking to His disciples there, but He’s also saying it to all of HIS ELECT.
- HIS ELECT understands and believes His words. That’s why He’s saying it.
- But the false preachers say, “Oh no. This is only talking to the Jews. They are God’s elect.”
- I hope you’ve seen the truth today within the Scriptures. Don’t let liars deceive you.
- Trust the word of God. And we’ll end with one last verse about God’s elect.
 Luke 18:7-8 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? 8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
- God will take vengeance on those who persecute HIS ELECT. We are constantly in prayer to Him.
- We cry day and night to Him and He bears with us as we cry out to Him.
- “I tell you that He will avenge HIS ELECT speedily.” Faith is what pleases God. Faith makes you God’s elect.
- God chooses all of those for eternal life that believe what He says.
- To answer the sermon question: Who are God’s elect? All those who have faith in God.
- I know I’ve said it over and over today, but I want to make sure you understand FAITH ALONE SAVES.