- Sermon Slides for Sermon How Did They Make It?: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon How Did They Make It?: PDF
 The title of the sermon today is “HOW DID THEY MAKE IT?”
How Did The People In The Bible Make It To Heaven?
- Today, I want to take a look at people within the Bible.
- How did they make it to heaven? Let’s see what the Bible tells us today about these people.
- First, I’m going to go over THE KEY to understanding the entire Bible.
- Once you have this KEY, it opens up the entire Bible for you.
- Why? Because God says so. Once you’re saved, you have the Holy Spirit within you.
- And that is where the understanding comes from. It comes from God.
So, you might ask today, how do you know if someone in the Bible made it to heaven?
- You might say, “You aren’t the judge. God is the judge. No one knows if they’ll make it.”
- Hey, look, that’s in Churches all around here today. They say, “You never know if you’ll make it.”
- But the Bible doesn’t EVER say that. The Bible says over and over that we can be sure.
- And the Bible gives us many examples of people who made it to heaven.
- For example, LAZARUS made it to heaven. He was there in Abraham’s bosom.
- We know for sure Abraham made it to heaven because the Bible says so.
- If Lazarus was there with Abraham, we know he was in heaven.
We know 100% for sure, without a doubt, that ALL PEOPLE who are in heaven were saved the same way.
- And you’re saved the same way today. And in the future, people will be saved the same way.
- There’s not some line that you must pass with all your wonderful works.
- There’s not some mountain you’re building up to show how good you are to God.
- You’re not building a Tower of Babel with your good works and reaching heaven that way.
- GOD WILL SMACK YOU DOWN. He says you’ll never make it that way because you aren’t good.
- He says, “You’ve sinned against me and one sin makes you guilty of all my law.”
In other words, when you MURDER someone in today’s world, you can’t do enough works to be forgiven.
- “Well, judge, I murdered someone and I admit it, but I gave 20 million dollars to a charity.”
- Does that take away the fact you broke the law and committed murder? NO.
- Maybe a corrupt judge would let you off if it were his charity. But God isn’t a corrupt judge.
- You can’t pay off God with anything. Your money or any of your good works.
- You can’t do enough good works to gain your way into heaven.
 Romans 4:1-3 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? 2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
- Your flesh, your body, your works? Abraham already found out that he wasn’t justified by works AT ALL.
- If he were, he would be able to GLORY before men but not before GOD. And guess who matters?
- GOD is the one who matters. You can’t do all these wonderful works and glory before God.
- You won’t make it that way. So, what SAITH THE SCRIPTURE? That’s the question you need to always ask.
- “ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.”
- That’s it. ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD and he was found righteous before God. It’s that simple.
- The works of ABRAHAM did not gain Abraham a ticket into heaven AT ALL.
- Not even a little ounce of his works gained heaven for Abraham.
 Romans 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
- If you would rather try to work your way to heaven, you won’t make it.
- YOU OWE GOD a tremendous debt. That’s like owing God a trillion dollars.
- You’ll never make that much in your life to pay God back for all the sin you’ve committed.
- GRACE means God wants to give you a gift that you don’t deserve.
- You can’t pay for a gift. You can’t earn that gift. You don’t deserve it.
- So, do you want God’s grace? Or, do you want to earn it all yourself?
False Churches Want You To Earn Salvation On Your Own
Churches around here? They want you to earn it YOURSELF. They’re sending people to hell.
- They’re teaching the opposite of the Bible.
- Your baptism saves you. Your speaking in tongues saves you. You being kind saves you.
- Your offering forgives sin and saves you. Coming to church saves you.
- “You MUST be here all the time, or God will get you.” That’s what they’re teaching.
- “You can never know for sure whether you’re going to heaven.”
- “You have to keep building yourself up until you earn salvation.”
- I’m so sick of hearing that trash. It’s lies, lies, lies. GOD NEVER SAYS ANY OF THAT.
 Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
- FAITH WITHOUT WORKS saves you. FAITH STANDS ALONE. How do I know? GOD SAYS SO!!!
- Look there in verse 5. “His faith is counted for righteousness.” TO HIM THAT WORKETH NOT.
- So, obviously, FAITH without WORKS saves you. Why?
- Because any amount of faith SAVES you. It’s that powerful. A tiny little drop SAVES you!!!
 Romans 4:6-7 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, 7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
- God says, “I IMPUTE RIGHTEOUSNESS WITHOUT WORKS.”
- But ask the preachers around here: “Do you need good works to be saved?”
- “Oh yes, you do. You must be baptized, you must repent of your sin, you must do this and that.”
- KING DAVID described the blessedness of the man unto who God imputes righteousness without works.
- “Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.”
- PAST TENSE my friends. FORGIVEN and COVERED.
 Psalm 32:1-2 A Psalm of David, Maschil. Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. 2 Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.
- BELIEVE GOD right now, and in a moment, your sins are forgiven and covered by the blood of Jesus Christ.
- When you do that, you now have the SPIRIT of GOD. At the end of verse 2 there:
- “AND IN WHOSE SPIRIT THERE IS NO GUILE.” There is nothing bad in your spirit now.
So, the entire Bible teaches that ALL PEOPLE are saved the same way.
- False preachers today teach that people were saved in different ways in the past.
- Well, the Bible teaches that ABRAHAM was saved by FAITH. You can’t change all of that.
- There’s tons of SCRIPTURE that tells us Abraham was saved by FAITH ALONE.
- FAITH ALONE SAVES, and that’s how we know we’re saved.
- And that’s why we can look at the people in the Bible and know whether or not they are in heaven today.
- The Bible tells us directly if they had faith, or the Bible tells us directly that they are in heaven.
- We even see a man come back from heaven as a SPIRIT and speak within the Bible.
Let’s Look At Abel
I want to start today with Abel. All the way back to ABEL. Adam’s second son. Cain was the first.
- Can we look at the Bible today and know for sure that ABEL is in heaven? Well, let’s see.
- One of the first things we’ll see about Abel is that he had faith in what God said.
 Genesis 4:4-5 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering: 5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
- Why do you think God respected ABEL’s offering that he brought to him?
- He brought a lamb that was the FIRSTLING of his flock. Why do you think Abel did that?
- He knew it was a picture of the LAMB OF GOD being sacrificed for his sins. Abel had faith.
- “Well, how do you know that’s what that really means?”
- “How do you know Abel had faith, and that’s why God accepted his offering?”
 Hebrews 11:4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
- ABEL’s sacrifice was MORE EXCELLENT because it was offered BY FAITH.
- It says right there, he obtained witness that HE WAS RIGHTEOUS. Abel was righteous BY FAITH.
- But watch what Jesus Christ says right here about ABEL.
 Matthew 23:34-35 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city: 35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
- “From the blood of righteous ABEL.” Jesus Christ says this. Was Abel saved? Oh yes he was!!!
- How was he saved? THROUGH FAITH. That’s it my friends. FAITH. He believed God.
- Abel was a prophet of God. PREACHING is being a prophet. ABEL PREACHED the word of God.
- Are you going to preach the word of God? We MUST get this word of God out there.
- There is nothing better than preaching the word of God. Nothing feels better than preaching.
- FROM A TO Z. Abel to Zacharias. So, what’s that tell us about Zacaharias? He’s in heaven too.
- What about ENOCH? Did Enoch make it because he was a great person who did great works?
 Hebrews 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
- Genesis Chapter 5 says ENOCH Walked with God. You can’t walk with God without FAITH.
- That verse right there says that ENOCH pleased God. That’s why God walked with HIM.
- And do you think Enoch pleased God through HIS WORKS?
- Let’s see what the Bible says in the very next verse.
 Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
- You can’t find God or please God without FAITH. It doesn’t say ANYTHING about works!!!
- Let’s look at Noah next. Do you think he’s in heaven?
 Genesis 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
- Grace means you get something you don’t deserve. So, did Noah deserve to be saved?
- No, that verse clearly says that NOAH didn’t deserve to be saved.
- So, why did GOD give His grace to Noah? It couldn’t have been his works because he didn’t deserve it.
- The Bible directly tells us how NOAH made it to heaven.
Noah Was Saved Because Of His Faith
 Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
- God warned Noah. Noah believed what God said and feared God.
- Noah became the heir of righteousness which is by faith. AFTER Noah was saved, he got drunk.
 Genesis 9:21 And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.
- After all that Noah seen with the flood and from God, he gets drunk.
- Did he lose his salvation because he got drunk?
 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
- DRUNKARDS won’t inherit the kingdom of God that SCRIPTURE says.
- Noah didn’t lose his salvation because HE WAS ALREADY SAVED BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH.
 Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
- Once Noah had faith in God, HE WAS SAVED. Past tense. His soul was saved by grace through faith.
- He didn’t deserve to be saved. NONE OF US DO. But God saved Noah because of Noah’s faith in GOD.
- What about Abraham’s brother, Lot? Did he make it to heaven?
- Lot lived in the wicked city of Sodom. SODOM. He lived there.
- He got drunk too and had children with his daughters. Did he go to heaven?
- He sure wasn’t righteous on his own.
 2 Peter 2:7-8 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked: 8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)
- The Bible clearly says that LOT was a righteous man. How do you think that happened?
- We don’t have our own righteousness because we all BREAK GOD’S LAWS all the time.
- You might say: “Well, I don’t. My church says that I am righteous through my works. I’m good.”
 Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
- The Bible says, “YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESSES ARE AS FILTHY RAGS.” Lot wasn’t righteous on his own.
 Romans 4:20-22 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; 21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. 22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
- Lot made it to heaven the same way Abraham made it right there in Romans Chapter 4.
- ABRAHAM had faith. He believed God. He believed God’s promise and knew God could make it happen.
- “And therefore it was IMPUTED to him for righteousness.” God gives you the righteousness you need.
- How? THROUGH FAITH. Not through works of any type. It’s just a change of mind to belief.
- GOD PROMISES ETERNAL LIFE through FAITH. Do you believe that promise? If so, you’re saved.
- If you think you can lose salvation, you aren’t believing God’s promise to you.
 John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
- That’s what Jesus says. HE IS GOD ALMIGHTY. Do you believe a false preacher over JESUS?
- They say, “Well, you have to believe on Jesus BUT you have to do all these other things too!!!”
- And I say, “Oh really, so you’re calling Jesus a liar right there in that SCRIPTURE?”
- Jesus says the same thing in MANY, MANY other verses. Jesus isn’t a liar.
- Everything Jesus says is THE TRUTH. He is THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE. There is no other.
Sarah Laughed At God, But She’s In Heaven
Did Sarah, Abraham’s wife, make it to heaven? Do you think she’s there today?
- She laughed at God when he told her she would have a child. LAUGHED AT HIM.
- Abraham did too so laughing at God’s promise to you is sin. They were sinners just like you and I.
 Genesis 17:16-17 And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her. 17 Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?
- Sin is not believing what God tells you. Not being saved means you continuously sin.
- Why? Because you won’t believe what God says. Sarah thought the same:
 Genesis 18:12-14 Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also? 13 And the LORD said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old? 14 Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.
- Some people are just like Abraham and Sarah today. God says something and they laugh at it.
- I’ve done the same thing. You have too. But now we see the truth.
- Some people think that God could never save them. I have to do something for it too.
- I have to work for it and make myself worthy. “NO!!!” God says. “I got this.” So, did Sarah make it?
 Hebrews 11:11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.
- Yes, Sarah made it!!! She’s in heaven right now. She judged God to be FAITHFUL.
- How did Sarah make it? She sure wasn’t perfect. It sure wasn’t her works. It was faith.
- All of us have to make that same judgement about God. Will I trust what God says or not?
Jacob and Esau came from the SAME PARENTS: Isaac and Rebekah.
- They were both PHYSICALLY from the seed of Abraham. That didn’t save them both automatically.
- False preachers today say that all the physical seed of Israel will be saved.
- Jacob and Esau came from the same exact parents. THEY WERE TWINS.
 Romans 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
- God hated ESAU and loved Jacob. Why do you think that is? Esau didn’t have faith. JACOB HAD FAITH.
- God doesn’t look at your parents or your family for your righteousness. It’s not based on that.
- It’s based on faith alone and JACOB had FAITH.
 Hebrews 11:21 By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.
- Moses was saved by faith. He didn’t start out obeying God very well.
- Do you think Moses was a perfect man? Do you think Moses never sinned? If so, read the Bible.
- Moses sinned many, many times and that proof is within the Bible.
 Exodus 4:24-26 And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him, and sought to kill him. 25 Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me. 26 So he let him go: then she said, A bloody husband thou art, because of the circumcision.
- The wife of Moses had to circumcise their child. Moses wouldn’t do it himself.
- GOD COMMANDED THAT TO BE DONE. Moses ignored God’s commandment. That’s sin.
- God was so angry with Moses that he almost killed him. HE SOUGHT TO KILL HIM.
- False preachers say, “Oh, God would never do that.” What??? Read the Bible.
- Moses also didn’t obey God and never entered into the promised land. Did he lose his salvation?
Moses Didn’t Enter Into The Promised Land???
Remember these words: “MOSES DIDN’T ENTER INTO THE PROMISED LAND.”
- Does that mean Moses didn’t go to heaven? No!!! That was his punishment in this life for not obeying.
- That was at the end of his life too. Did Moses make it to heaven? Did he make it to the promised land?
 Hebrews 11:24-26 By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter; 25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; 26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.
- Moses had faith in God a long time before God almost killed him. MOSES was already saved.
- Then, he messed up in his life just like everyone else who has ever lived.
- I’ve messed up. You’ve messed up. We’ve all sinned, and don’t act like you don’t sin now. WE DO.
- Here’s a secret that many other false Christians don’t believe: “WE AREN’T GOOD PEOPLE.”
- We’re only saved by FAITH. We have nothing to glory about that we’ve done to make it to heaven.
 Hebrews 11:27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.
- Moses was saved. If the Bible mentions anyone having FAITH, they’re saved my friend. It’s over. SAVED.
- If you have faith, this means you have trusted GOD ALMIGHTY. You’re saved. Done deal. It’s over.
- What about Joshua? Was he saved? He’s a pretty easy example. I love Joshua in the Bible.
 Hebrews 11:30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.
- Without faith, those walls of Jericho wouldn’t have fell down. ONLY THROUGH FAITH.
- The walls of sin in your life will never fall down unless FAITH tears them down.
 Joshua 10:12-14 Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon. 13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day. 14 And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the LORD hearkened unto the voice of a man: for the LORD fought for Israel.
- Joshua said, “SUN, stand still. MOON, stay.” Hey, it happened. I know it did because I have faith.
- And there has NEVER been a day like that in all of time. Why?
- Because God hearkened unto the voice of a man and GOD fought for Israel that day.
- Why do you think that happened? FAITH. Joshua’s faith. I want faith like that.
 Luke 17:6 And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.
- That’s what Joshua did that day. He’s in heaven right now, and I can’t wait to meet him one day.
- But I sure hope I get to meet our Lord and Savior JESUS CHRIST first. I don’t wait any longer.
- I want to bow down before Him, shake His hand, and tell Him thank you for saving this wretched man.
- SAVED people know they don’t deserve it. We understand that we aren’t good. It’s only Jesus.
Being Saved Is Not Arrogance
False preachers in false religions say: “You’re arrogant for believing you’re saved and going to heaven.”
- They say, “No one knows for sure.” Well, I do. I know for sure because I’m saved.
- I believe what GOD says. I don’t believe what some HUMAN says. I trust God over man.
 Hebrews 6:11-12 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end: 12 That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
- Do you see that? I HAVE FULL ASSURANCE that I’m saved through faith. I’m there. I’m going to heaven.
 1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
- I know I have eternal life. I don’t care what any false preacher says.
- I told a past preacher I didn’t what he thought. He told me I could lose salvation. I said, “Oh no I can’t.”
- That’s evil. He didn’t like that. He got angry at me. Let’s have a fight then. I will fight for the faith.
- Hey, false preachers, understand that I’m coming for the fight. I don’t back down. BRING IT ON.
 Jude 3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
- That’s a command. I’m not in this fight alone. THE SAVED need to join together and let’s fight for the faith.
- Contend means to strive, struggle, dispute, reprove, convince, quarrel, dispute fiercely, to wrangle.
- Let’s go at it. Why would God tell us this? He wants us fighting for HIM so we might convince some.
- That’s how I was convinced. I was convinced by a preacher that is ready to fight for the faith!!!
- He doesn’t back down. I WILL NOT BACK DOWN. I know the truth now. It’s in this Bible.
What about the harlot Rahab? Did she go to heaven? She was a harlot!!!
- The false Christian churches today would take someone just like her and tell her to hell you go.
- A harlot is a whore. It’s a woman who sells her body. A harlot is a prostitute.
- Churches today would say there’s no way a woman like that could go to heaven.
 Hebrews 11:31 By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.
- Rahab sure wasn’t good enough to enter into heaven because of her works. She was a harlot.
- BY FAITH, Rahab is in heaven right now. And don’t think you’re better than Rahab because you’re not.
- “Well, I haven’t done the horrible things she has done.” You’ve done enough to earn hell.
- No one names their daughters after RAHAB. But guess what?
- She’s in heaven right now and she’s righteous through the blood of Jesus Christ.
Did Samson Make It To Heaven After Taking His Own Life And Others?
How about Samson? He wasn’t the greatest guy on earth now was he?
- No one names their children after Samson either. Samson’s weakness was women.
- He fornicated with women often. GOD HATES FORNICATION. Samson killed himself.
- Samson prayed to the Lord to give him strength one last time so he could kill himself and the Philistines.
 Judges 16:28-30 And Samson called unto the LORD, and said, O Lord GOD, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes. 29 And Samson took hold of the two middle pillars upon which the house stood, and on which it was borne up, of the one with his right hand, and of the other with his left. 30 And Samson said, Let me die with the Philistines. And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein. So the dead which he slew at his death were more than they which he slew in his life.
- Samson died there. He killed himself. Is Samson in heaven right now? Did Samson have faith?
- Well, that SCRIPTURE right there is proof he had faith. He called upon God right there.
 Hebrews 11:32-34 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets: 33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, 34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.
- The Bible tells us right there that SAMSON had faith. He was signed, sealed, and delivered to heaven.
- Gideon, Barak, Jephthah, David, Samuel, Daniel and all the prophets were saved through FAITH.
- I’m going to meet them all in heaven one day. We’re going to have eternity together.
- All of God’s prophets and seers within the Bible are in heaven through faith.
- So, I want to make sure you know that SAMUEL went to heaven. It says so right there. He had faith.
- He was a prophet. I know 100% for sure that SAMUEL went to heaven.
With that said, let’s talk about King Saul. His story is amazing, and you need to know it.
- False preachers can’t explain the story of Saul. Do you think King Saul made it to heaven?
- He sure didn’t obey God in his life, and he killed himself just like Samson.
- False preachers today would say, “Oh no, there’s no way a man like that could make it.”
- “He didn’t prove that he was saved because his works were all evil.” That’s what they say today.
- Or, many preachers just avoid the story of King Saul altogether because they can’t explain it.
Samuel had already passed and away and was in heaven. When you die, you go to heaven or hell.
- Samuel was in heaven. KING SAUL calls Samuel up through a witch.
 1 Samuel 28:15 And Samuel said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up? And Saul answered, I am sore distressed; for the Philistines make war against me, and God is departed from me, and answereth me no more, neither by prophets, nor by dreams: therefore I have called thee, that thou mayest make known unto me what I shall do.
- That’s actually the SPIRIT OF SAMUEL talking with King Saul.
 1 Samuel 28:16-18 Then said Samuel, Wherefore then dost thou ask of me, seeing the LORD is departed from thee, and is become thine enemy? 17 And the LORD hath done to him, as he spake by me: for the LORD hath rent the kingdom out of thine hand, and given it to thy neighbour, even to David: 18 Because thou obeyedst not the voice of the LORD, nor executedst his fierce wrath upon Amalek, therefore hath the LORD done this thing unto thee this day.
- God punishes his saved people. He did that to Saul right there. SAMUEL, from heaven, said so.
- Let’s see what else Samuel says to King Saul.
 1 Samuel 28:19 Moreover the LORD will also deliver Israel with thee into the hand of the Philistines: and to morrow shalt thou and thy sons be with me: the LORD also shall deliver the host of Israel into the hand of the Philistines.
- Samuel, from heaven, says to Saul: “TOMORROW SHALT THOU AND THY SONS BE WITH ME.”
- That means Saul and his sons will be in heaven with Samuel tomorrow.
- So, did King Saul go to heaven? OH YES HE DID. His death was a punishment from God for not obeying.
 1 Chronicles 10:13-14 So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to inquire of it; 14 And inquired not of the LORD: therefore he slew him, and turned the kingdom unto David the son of Jesse.
- I hope you’re starting to see how this works. You believe. You have faith. You’re saved. It’s a done deal.
- But you still have a life to live here on this earth. You can choose to obey God or not. Saul chose NOT.
- King Saul was saved long before he died. He believed what God said and was saved by grace through faith.
- You might say, “Well, King Saul didn’t deserve it as much as King David!”
- Hey, do you understand grace. NO ONE DESERVES IT AT ALL!!! King Saul didn’t. You don’t. I don’t.
King David Did Some Horrible Things
All of these false preachers use King David as their example of being a great man with wonderful works.
- He committed adultery. He murdered the man and stole his wife. Was David a great man?
- No, he wasn’t. King David is only righteous through FAITH. Hebrews Chapter 11 says so again.
- King David wasn’t saved because he did wonderful works. He was saved because he called on GOD.
 Psalm 116:13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.
- King David taught that you’re only saved through faith. He says so over and over again in the Bible.
- He knew he wasn’t good. He knew he was a sinner. He knew only God could save him.
 Psalm 55:16 As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me.
 Psalm 86:5 For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee.
 Psalm 99:6 Moses and Aaron among his priests, and Samuel among them that call upon his name; they called upon the LORD, and he answered them.
- There, I now know that Moses, Aaron, and Samuel were all saved. They called upon the name of the Lord.
- It doesn’t matter who you are. It takes a moment to call upon the Lord and be saved.
 Romans 10:12-14 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
- God doesn’t respect persons. He doesn’t care if you’re dad is Abraham, Isaac, or Jacob.
- He doesn’t care if your father is the evil King Ahab. He’s giving you a chance. It’s your choice.
- “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
 Genesis 4:26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.
- So now I know Seth and Enos are in heaven. They called upon the name of the Lord. They were saved.
- I hope you’re starting to see how we can know for sure that these people are in heaven right now.
What about King Solomon? He was the wisest man to ever live.
- But he had 700 wives and 300 concubines. His weakness was women like Samson.
- He even built temples for false god worship.
 1 Kings 11:3-5 And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart. 4 For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father. 5 For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.
 1 Kings 11:6-8 And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father. 7 Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon. 8 And likewise did he for all his strange wives, which burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods.
- Solomon was saved long before he turned away from God. Solomon is in heaven right now.
- You have all these false preachers today telling people they must endure to the end with faith.
- Well, King Saul didn’t. King Solomon didn’t. What about them? They were saved!!!
- You can’t look at a person today and know for sure that they’re saved.
- “Well, look at all the wonderful works that he does. I know he’s saved.” No, you don’t. You can’t see faith.
- The Catholics do all kinds of wonderful works. Some of them might be saved but many aren’t.
- Why? Because they trust in their works to save them. God says, “Fine, make it about your works.”
 Matthew 7:22-23 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
- If you make it about YOUR WORKS, you won’t make it because your works are evil without FAITH.
- You can’t do any good works without faith. The Bible says so. Without faith, you can’t please God.
- So, you must first have FAITH in order to please God with any good works.
The Thief On The Cross Went To Heaven
What about the thief on the cross? He was being executed because he was a thief.
- Obviously, he wasn’t a good person. He was a thief!!!
- Did he make it to heaven? Did he do all these wonderful works in his life to make it?
- Did he get baptized? Did he have time to hop down off that cross and do some good works?
- No, he didn’t have time. But guess where he went?
 Luke 23:39-43 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us. 40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? 41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. 42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
- That right there is CALLING UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD.
- The thief says, “Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.”
- All you have to do today is say, “Jesus, Lord, please don’t forget about me. Please remember me.”
- That’s it my friend. That’s all it takes. And Jesus will say the same thing to you:
- “You will be in paradise with me one day.” That’s it. It’s that simple.
What about Judas Iscariot? Did he make it into heaven? He repented of his sin at the end of his life.
- Judas Iscariot believed that Jesus was right in front of him. He saw him many days.
 Matthew 27:3-5 Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, 4 Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that. 5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.
- He repented of his sin and then he hung himself. Repenting of sin is a good work if you first have FAITH.
- Judas Iscariot wasn’t a saved man. Why? He never had faith.
- Yeah, he believed Jesus was standing in front of him. But he believed that Jesus was just a man.
- He didn’t believe Jesus was HIS SAVIOR. That means he didn’t have faith. He didn’t believe Jesus was God.
- FAITH is putting your trust in God to save you. Without that, you don’t have faith.
- We know that Judas Iscariot didn’t have faith because Satan entered into him.
 Luke 22:3 Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.
- If you have faith, God is protecting your soul. There is no room for Satan to enter into you.
- Judas didn’t have faith. He was sorry that he betrayed Jesus, but he wasn’t sorry to God.
- He was sorry to man. They didn’t care. He didn’t call upon God to save him. And he went to hell.
- He had chances to be saved. Jesus was right there with him. And he rejected Jesus over and over again.
- Judas Iscariot going to hell didn’t have anything to do with his evil works. He didn’t have faith.
Do you remember the women that Elijah and Elisha helped to raise their children from the dead?
- Do you think they had faith? Do you think they are in heaven today?
 1 Kings 17:22-24 And the LORD heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came into him again, and he revived. 23 And Elijah took the child, and brought him down out of the chamber into the house, and delivered him unto his mother: and Elijah said, See, thy son liveth. 24 And the woman said to Elijah, Now by this I know that thou art a man of God, and that the word of the LORD in thy mouth is truth.
 2 Kings 4:32 And when Elisha was come into the house, behold, the child was dead, and laid upon his bed.
 2 Kings 4:36-37 And he called Gehazi, and said, Call this Shunammite. So he called her. And when she was come in unto him, he said, Take up thy son. 37 Then she went in, and fell at his feet, and bowed herself to the ground, and took up her son, and went out.
- Those women who loved their children so much are in heaven today because of the faith they had.
- How do I know those women made it to heaven? Because Hebrews Chapter 11 tells us they had faith.
- Do you know all the people who were healed by Jesus? He healed them IF they had faith.
 Mark 9:23-24 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. 24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
- The father of the child CRIED OUT with tears, “LORD, I BELIEVE.” That’s a saved man right there.
- With tears, we need be crying out for our children, our family, and our friends just like that man.
- We need to be crying out for the strangers that we don’t know.
 John 9:35-38 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God? 36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him? 37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee. 38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
- That SCRIPTURE is about the blind man from birth. THE PHARISEES or religious people didn’t believe.
- Do you think that’s any different from today? I’m not a DOCTOR OF DIVINITY.
- I don’t have an advanced or honorary degree in theology and hermeneutics. I’m not a great scribe.
- I’m definitely NOT like the great PHARISEES! I’m like the blind man. I WAS BLIND BUT NOW I SEE!!!
- I say, “LORD, NOW I BELIEVE and I bow down to worship my Savior Jesus Christ.”
- Do you want to hear what the Pharisees said to this blind man?
 John 9:34 They answered and said unto him, Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us? And they cast him out.
- That’s just like the false preachers out there today.
- Look at you, Josh, you’re a sinner and now you want to teach us?
- I’ve been a PASTOR for 40 years and now you think you’re going to teach me the truth in the Bible?
- Yeah, if you’re still preaching a false Gospel after 40 years, most likely, you’re not saved.
- Most likely, you can’t and don’t understand Bible.
False Preachers Love To Test Your Salvation
All of these false preachers want to TEST YOUR SALVATION. They say, “How do we know someone is saved?”
- They say, “Well, we look at their wonderful works. Then we know.”
- Hey, guess what? THE BIBLE DOESN’T SAY THAT ANYWHERE.
- It does say that I can test a false preacher by the fruit they produce.
- How do you do that? You go to their congregation during Soul Winning and ask questions.
- “Are you 100% sure that you’re going to heaven? Has anyone ever told you how to get heaven?”
- That’s how you test for a false preacher.
If a woman goes to Highland Baptist Church for 60 years and doesn’t know how to get to heaven:
- What does that mean? That means she has a false preacher. That’s sad.
- You simply test the fruit of the congregation.
- If someone comes up to you and asks you: “Are you 100% sure you’re going to heaven?”
- I hope I’ve done a good enough job here that you say: “OH YEAH I’M SURE.”
- “I BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST. I’M BORN AGAIN. I AM A CHILD OF GOD.”
- That’s it. It’s not difficult. It’s easy to be saved, and it’s easy to know!!! GOD SAID SO.
- Do you remember the story of Martha and her brother, Lazarus from John Chapter 11?
 John 11:21-24 Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died. 22 But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee. 23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again. 24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
- Martha wasn’t expecting her brother, Lazarus, to rise from the dead. Watch what Jesus says next:
 John 11:25-26 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
- That’s it. HOW DID EVERY PERSON IN HEAVEN TODAY MAKE IT THERE? Faith alone. That’s it.
 John 11:27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.
- So, is MARTHA in heaven today? OH YEAH, SHE’S THERE!!! And I can’t wait to meet her.
- And I can’t wait to meet her brother, Lazarus. He’s there too. Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead.
- Martha didn’t believe that JESUS was going to raise LAZARUS from the dead.
 John 11:40 Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?
- Do you want to see the glory of God one day? I DO. All you have to do is believe right now.
- It’s as quick as a mouse trap. Believe and BAM, it’s done. You’re saved.
- As you read the Bible ask yourself: “Is this a saved person that I’m reading about?”
- It’s the key to the Bible, and I hope you understand what it takes to be saved.
EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN HEAVEN IS SAVED BY GOD’S GRACE THROUGH FAITH.
- This is 100% clear within the Bible, and God says so in every way possible.
- You simply need to understand what GRACE means.
- You don’t deserve it, but God saves you anyway through faith.
- IF YOU HAD TO WORK FOR A GIFT, IT WOULDN’T BE A GIFT.
- If you work for something, then you deserve it.
You Can’t Gain Eternal Life Through Works
If you work to gain eternal life, then you would deserve it. But you can’t do enough work to deserve eternal life.
- Many false preachers today say that you’re saved BY GRACE and WORKS.
- I know because I listened to them pretty much all my life. But I want you to see something today.
- Remember, they stand up there and preach that you’re saved by GRACE and WORKS.
 Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
- If you’re saved by GRACE, then it can’t be of works.
- Working for something means you deserve it. You can’t deserve the gift of eternal life.
- Remember, the false preachers say it’s GRACE AND WORKS.
- But this verse says directly that it CAN’T BE BOTH GRACE AND WORKS. It makes no sense.
- The false preachers don’t make any sense. If I give you a gift and ask you to pay for it, it’s not a gift.
- If you want to work for it, you can but you’ll never earn it THE BIBLE SAYS.
 Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- It’s a GIFT. It’s not something you work for. GOD SAYS THIS EVERY WAY POSSIBLE.
 Acts 8:20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.
- You can’t purchase the GIFT OF GOD no matter how much you work for it. It can’t be purchased.
- I feel bad for you if you think you’re going to tell God He owes you because of your wonderful works.
- He’s going to say, “I NEVER KNOW YOU.” NEVER. He didn’t know you once. He never knew you.
- Why? Because you never had faith. FAITH is putting all your trust and confidence on JESUS.
- Everyone in heaven got there the same way, and that is the only way. What’s the way?
 John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
- JESUS is THE ONLY WAY. There is no other way. Don’t add works to THE WAY. You’ll get lost.
- And you might not ever be found. Don’t spit in the face of Jesus as He dies on the cross for you.
- HIS SACRIFICE IS ENOUGH to save you. It’s that powerful. Understand faith without works saves you.
- When you get to heaven one day, you won’t have to ask: “How did you make it King Saul?”
- You’ll know that King Saul made it by grace through faith.
- When someone says, “I KNOW HOW I MADE IT. I MADE IT BY GRACE.” You know that’s a saved person.