- Sermon Slides for Sermon How To Be Happy: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon How To Be Happy: PDF
- Audio MP3 for Sermon How To Be Happy: Audio
- Video MP4 for Sermon How To Be Happy: Video
 The title of the sermon: “HOW TO BE HAPPY.”
Have You Went To God’s Word To Find Happiness?
- Have you ever looked to God’s word to figure out how to be happy?
- Most people haven’t. Most people look to the things of this world for happiness.
- Today, we’re going to look to God’s word and see what we can find.
- To start this study within the Bible, I searched for the word happy.
- The word happy shows up in the Bible 28 times in 25 verses. Here’s where they show up in the Bible:
- We see that the Book of Psalms and the Book of Proverbs are leading the way.
- Each has 6 occurrences of the word happy. Then 1 Peter has 2 occurrences.
- Then, you’ll see 11 other books with 1 each. 25 verses in 14 different books of the Bible.
- Let’s start today with the first verse with the word happy.
 Genesis 30:12-13 And Zilpah Leah’s maid bare Jacob a second son. 13 And Leah said, Happy am I, for the daughters will call me blessed: and she called his name Asher.
- Leah’s maid, Zilpah, has another son for Jacob or Israel and Leah says, “Happy am I.”
- She names this son Asher, which means HAPPY.
- So, what’s one thing that will make you HAPPY in this life? There’s a hint in that Scripture.
- CHILDREN will make you happy. This is what God teaches us in the Bible.
- And especially the mother should be very happy with her children. They are a blessing from God.
 Proverbs 31:28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
- The woman who has children will be happier. Why? Her children arise up, and call her blessed.
- Her husband will arise up and call her blessed. Herr husband will praise her and bless her.
- A good mother who loves her children and husband will be happy.
- If a woman doesn’t want to have children so she can focus on herself more, that woman won’t be as happy as she could have been.
- If a woman doesn’t want to have a husband or children so she can serve God more, she will be happy that way too.
- Serving God is number one, but children bring happiness.
- Why do you think God wants so many of us to be saved? Once we’re saved, we are His children.
- And He wants as many children as He can get. And we should want the exact same thing.
 Psalm 127:3-5 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. 4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. 5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.
- God gives us children, which are a reward from God. Children are amazing.
- They are happiness and joy. They are great rewards from God. I would give my life for my children.
- “As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.”
- Children will be your protection. You mess with me, and you have to deal with Callie, Taylor, and Emma.
- Trust me. You do not want to mess with them. Come up here, girls.
- Now, make the meanest face you can and show them why they shouldn’t mess with me.
Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of arrows or children. So, it’s not just the mother who is happy.
- The father is happy too. God says so. HAPPY IS THE MAN WHO HATH HIS QUIVER FULL OF THEM.
- Godly men and women will absolutely love their children. Others want to get rid of their children.
- Others don’t want to deal with the kids. Do you know how many people have told us:
- “I don’t know how you all can home school your children. I just can’t deal with them that long.”
- No, listen, the world has influenced you the wrong way. Try spending time with your children.
- Listen to your children. Teach your children. Love your children. You’ll be much happier that way.
Women, don’t let the world talk you into the lie that your career is more important than your children.
- That’s a lie straight from the deepest parts of hell.
- You’ll never be happier by giving your children to others all day long.
- Why would you want to send one of your greatest sources of happiness to someone else?
- Don’t you want to be happy? God gave you those children as a gift. And they are a great reward.
- Men, same thing. Be the leader. Don’t choose money over your children.
- That’s one of the BIGGEST MISTAKES you’ll ever make.
I listened to the outside world as I grew up. I listened to the voices telling me to not have many children.
- They would give me advice: “Wait to have children until you are financially sound.”
- By the time that happens in this world, there won’t be time to have children.
- Can you imagine how many children I would have if I just now started to have children?
- Can you imagine how many children others would have if they waited until they were financially sound?
- I hope you see how that lie is straight from the depths of hell.
- That’s called placing money above LIFE. That’s placing money above God’s commandments to us.
 Genesis 1:26-27 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
 Genesis 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
- That commandment from God has NEVER been changed by God. It’s still in effect right now.
- God wants more children in heaven. He wants His children to have more children.
- He wants His children to teach their children how to be saved so more children are in heaven.
- God wants more people in heaven, but they must believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to be a child of God.
- But that’s why He wants us listening to Him and not the world.
The world doesn’t want more children. The world tells you to not have so many children.
- There are evil men and women who hate children and don’t want to be around them. That’s sick.
- God tells you to have children. BE FRUITFUL AND MULTIPLY. Replenish the earth.
 Genesis 9:1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.
 Genesis 35:10-11 And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel. 11 And God said unto him, I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins;
- God NEVER tells us to stop having children. God NEVER commands this once.
- If you want to be happy, children bring that happiness.
- True wisdom comes from God, and He commands us to be fruitful and multiply.
- We should not listen to this world. I did. I messed up. I will not listen to this world any more.
- This world cost me more children and more happiness. The world wants to take your happiness.
- God doesn’t want to take happiness away from you. God wants to give you more happiness.
- WE MUST start trusting in God and stop listening to all these other lies from the world.
 Jeremiah 23:2 Therefore thus saith the LORD God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the LORD.
- Yes, churches are teaching the younger generation to not have so many children.
- They aren’t teaching them how to be happy, how to live a Godly life, how to trust God in all things.
- Instead, they are teaching them the lies of this world. Those evil pastors are multiplying evil.
- They are not being fruitful. They are not multiplying in saved people. They are taking faith from people.
 Jeremiah 23:3-4 And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase. 4 And I will set up shepherds over them which shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking, saith the LORD.
- Doesn’t that sound much better? The churches of this world are selfish. “Women, take care of yourself.”
- “You don’t need all of those children. You need a career.” Lies, lies, lies. Over and over again.
- God will gather HIS FLOCK, and He will bring them back again. They shall be fruitful and increase.
- Here, we will increase. We will be fruitful and increase. We will not allow lies to stop us ever again.
- I am sick and tired of the liars in this world. SICK OF LIES AND SICK OF THEM. God is not a liar.
- In this church, we will feed the people with the truth. We will feed you at this church.
God’s People Will Not Be Lacking
“And they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking.”
- Look at verse 4 again. Read it again. “And I will set up shepherds over them which shall feed them.”
- “And they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking.”
- And who says this? Is it me? Did I say it? “SAITH THE LORD.” God said it.
- Now, you can believe that or not. I suggest you believe what God says IF you want to be happy.
- Accepting the lies of this world as truth does not lead to happiness.
- Children are a great reward from the Lord. THEY ARE FROM THE LORD. They bring happiness.
- If we actually fear the Lord, we’ll listen to His words and accept His words.
- Watch what else the Bible tells us brings happiness.
 Psalm 128:1-3 Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways. 2 For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee. 3 Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive plants round about thy table.
- We shall eat of the labor of our hands. We should be happy to work and eat that which we have earned.
- And I am happy to work. I love to work. I love to provide for my family.
- I don’t enjoy sitting around and allowing other people to give me everything without working for it.
- That doesn’t bring happiness. God created us to work. He says, “I work. You work.”
- “For thou shalt eat of the labour of thine hands: HAPPY SHALT THOU BE.”
If you won’t work when you can work, you won’t be happy and you don’t fear the Lord.
- God says, “GET TO WORK.” You respond with, “NO, I WILL NOT WORK.” That means no fear of the Lord.
- If you simply fear the Lord and do what He says, happiness will come. “And it shall be well with thee.”
- That’s what you want. Isn’t it great to know that everything will be okay?
- “Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house.” Yes, your wife will be fruitful.
We need to start trusting God’s word and listening to His words. We need to wait upon the Lord.
- We need to do what He says and trust what He says. I didn’t do that most of my life.
- “Thy children like olive plants round about thy table.” That’s happiness right there.
- I LOVE to eat with my wife and my children. I’ll take a bigger table full of those children.
- Most people would say, “Well, it’s going to cost you a lot more to feed them. How will you afford that?”
- I don’t need to worry about tiny little things like that when I have God on my side.
- He told me to be fruitful and multiply. Where’s the money to feed them going to come from?
- God will provide. There’s nothing too hard for the Lord.
Do you know how many people God feeds each and every day? Billions.
- He’s got enough food to cover billions and billions more. God doesn’t run out of supplies.
- God is the ENDLESS supplier of ALL THINGS. He doesn’t run out. That’s not even in His vocabulary.
- He’s limitless. He is never ending. He doesn’t have a beginning or an end.
- If you won’t trust God to provide for what He commanded you to do, then you have no faith in God at all.
- God will do what He says He’ll do. You can mark His words down as 100% truth. He’ll take care of you.
- If you want to be happy, listen to God and His words. FEAR GOD AND HIS WORDS.
 Job 42:12-13 So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses. 13 He had also seven sons and three daughters.
 Job 42:14-15 And he called the name of the first, Jemima; and the name of the second, Kezia; and the name of the third, Keren-happuch. 15 And in all the land were no women found so fair as the daughters of Job: and their father gave them inheritance among their brethren.
- Job ended up having 10 more children. 7 sons and 3 daughters.
- “And in all the land were no women found SO FAIR as the daughters of Job.”
- And I thank God so much for the daughters that He has given me. These 3 beautiful daughters.
- And yes, they bring happiness to Pam and I each and every day.
- I couldn’t imagine our life without those 3 blessings from God.
- If you want happiness, a saved husband and wife should go have more children.
 Job 42:16 After this lived Job an hundred and forty years, and saw his sons, and his sons’ sons, even four generations.
- Job was able to see four generations of children. That’s amazing. That’s happiness right there.
- I cannot wait to see the children of my children and maybe even their children.
- I am going to command my household to follow the Lord. I want to be like Abraham in that respect.
 Genesis 18:18-19 Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him? 19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
- As men, this is what makes us happy. This is our job that God gave us to do for our families.
- God says, “For I know Abraham. I know that he will command his children and his household after him.”
- THEY SHALL KEEP THE WAY OF THE LORD. They will do justice and judgement.
- This brings us happiness. Understand that today. Let’s see what else makes us happy.
 Deuteronomy 33:26-28 There is none like unto the God of Jeshurun, who rideth upon the heaven in thy help, and in his excellency on the sky. 27 The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them. 28 Israel then shall dwell in safety alone: the fountain of Jacob shall be upon a land of corn and wine; also his heavens shall drop down dew.
 Deuteronomy 33:29 Happy art thou, O Israel: who is like unto thee, O people saved by the LORD, the shield of thy help, and who is the sword of thy excellency! and thine enemies shall be found liars unto thee; and thou shalt tread upon their high places.
- HAPPY ART THOU, O ISRAEL: who is like unto thee, O people saved by the Lord.
- If the Lord has saved you, this should bring great happiness to you.
- You’ll never be going to hell. You’re saved from hell. You’ll be going to heaven one day.
- If that doesn’t make you happy, then something is wrong. You are a people SAVED by the Lord.
- Your God is the one true God who is your refuge. He is the one who keeps you in His everlasting arms.
- He shall save you and destroy the enemy. Your God rides upon the heavens.
- Your God has excellency on the sky. There is no one else like that and He is your God.
- That should bring great happiness to you like nothing else.
 Deuteronomy 4:7-8 For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the LORD our God is in all things that we call upon him for? 8 And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?
- We’re part of a great nation of saved people. God is nigh unto us like no one else.
- He hears us when we call because we are His children who have believed in Him and on Him.
- There is no nation greater than the nation of His sanctified and His saved.
- You are a part of that. We are a part of that together.
 Psalm 33:12-14 Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance. 13 The LORD looketh from heaven; he beholdeth all the sons of men. 14 From the place of his habitation he looketh upon all the inhabitants of the earth.
 Psalm 33:15-17 He fashioneth their hearts alike; he considereth all their works. 16 There is no king saved by the multitude of an host: a mighty man is not delivered by much strength. 17 An horse is a vain thing for safety: neither shall he deliver any by his great strength.
 Psalm 33:18-20 Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy; 19 To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine. 20 Our soul waiteth for the LORD: he is our help and our shield.
 Psalm 33:21-22 For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name. 22 Let thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we hope in thee.
- We should have great joy in the Lord. We should rejoice in Him and be happy in Him. We have hope.
- This great hope we have in Him should bring happiness. No hope equals no happiness.
- But we have hope, and our hope will be turned into goodness. We trust in the Lord.
 Psalm 144:9-11 I will sing a new song unto thee, O God: upon a psaltery and an instrument of ten strings will I sing praises unto thee. 10 It is he that giveth salvation unto kings: who delivereth David his servant from the hurtful sword. 11 Rid me, and deliver me from the hand of strange children, whose mouth speaketh vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood:
 Psalm 144:12-13 That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth; that our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similitude of a palace: 13 That our garners may be full, affording all manner of store: that our sheep may bring forth thousands and ten thousands in our streets:
 Psalm 144:14-15 That our oxen may be strong to labour; that there be no breaking in, nor going out; that there be no complaining in our streets. 15 Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD.
- If your God is the Lord, HAPPY IS THAT PEOPLE. If you aren’t happy, is your God the Lord?
- And, look, I’m not saying you’re going to be perfectly happy all the time. That’s not going to happen.
- But when times get tough, you need to look up and understand that God is there.
- You need to dig deep down into your heart and pull out His words that you hid there inside your heart.
- He is watching. He is your help. Don’t worry. God is there. Bring that happiness back out.
- Job wasn’t happy when he was going through tough times. But he trusted in the Lord. Do the same.
- We aren’t perfect people. We have tough times. We have times when we aren’t happy.
- But always remember: “Happy is that people whose God is the Lord.”
False Religion Doesn’t Lead To Happiness
Our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth.
- Our daughters may be as corner stones that are like corner stones polished at a palace.
- Our garners or food bins are full. We can take more. Our sheep bring forth thousands.
- Our oxen are strong to labor. There is no breaking in or going out.
- There is no complaining in our streets. “HAPPY IS THAT PEOPLE,” the Bible says.
- And you can only be one of those people if the Lord of this Bible is your God.
- If you’re in a false religion or false Christian denomination, you won’t be happy.
- If you want happiness, put away the false gods and the false religions and seek the God of the Bible.
- Do you want to see why you should be happy when the Lord is your God? Let’s see.
 Psalm 146:5-7 Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God: 6 Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: which keepeth truth for ever: 7 Which executeth judgment for the oppressed: which giveth food to the hungry. The LORD looseth the prisoners:
 Psalm 146:8-10 The LORD openeth the eyes of the blind: the LORD raiseth them that are bowed down: the LORD loveth the righteous: 9 The LORD preserveth the strangers; he relieveth the fatherless and widow: but the way of the wicked he turneth upside down. 10 The LORD shall reign for ever, even thy God, O Zion, unto all generations. Praise ye the LORD.
- You should be happy that the Lord is your God because the one true God is your help.
- There are no other gods to help you. You have the one true God to help you. Your hope is in the right one.
- You aren’t wrong. You didn’t mess up. You found the truth. You found the one who is your help.
- Your God made the heaven, the earth, the sea, and that is within. Yes, that’s your God. He did all that.
- No one else did it. God did it, and you found Him. And now He loves you because you trusted in Him.
- Your God keeps the truth forever. He doesn’t lose the truth like this world loses it.
You never know who is telling you the truth in this world, but you always know God is telling you the truth.
- God executes JUDGEMENT for the oppressed. If you go through troubling times, God repays in the end.
- Other people blame God and tell Him that He’s not fair. But He’s always fair.
- You might go through tough times. But in the end, God executes judgement. Good will be rewarded.
- Faith will be rewarded. He gives food to the hungry. You won’t go hungry because He is your God.
He feeds you. He frees the prisoners. He opens the eyes of the blind.
- He raises those who are bowed down. He loves the righteous. He hates the wicked.
- He preserves strangers. He relieves the fatherless and the widow.
- He turns the way of the wicked upside down. Your God will reign forever. No one will take His position.
- You don’t have to worry about a new god who changes everything.
- He doesn’t change the target on you. He doesn’t change the rules on you.
- He is not ever changing like the lies of this world. HE IS GOD, and He’s not going away.
- This is why you should be happy that He is YOUR GOD. He’s the opposite of this world.
- And our hope is in Him. Let’s see what else it takes to be happy. How to be happy. Let’s see.
 1 Kings 10:4-5 And when the queen of Sheba had seen all Solomon’s wisdom, and the house that he had built, 5 And the meat of his table, and the sitting of his servants, and the attendance of his ministers, and their apparel, and his cupbearers, and his ascent by which he went up unto the house of the LORD; there was no more spirit in her.
 1 Kings 10:6-7 And she said to the king, It was a true report that I heard in mine own land of thy acts and of thy wisdom. 7 Howbeit I believed not the words, until I came, and mine eyes had seen it: and, behold, the half was not told me: thy wisdom and prosperity exceedeth the fame which I heard.
 1 Kings 10:8-9 Happy are thy men, happy are these thy servants, which stand continually before thee, and that hear thy wisdom. 9 Blessed be the LORD thy God, which delighted in thee, to set thee on the throne of Israel: because the LORD loved Israel for ever, therefore made he thee king, to do judgment and justice.
- The queen of Sheba comes to see King Solomon who is filled with God’s wisdom.
- She sees everything that has happened all due to God’s wisdom within Solomon.
- She says, “HAPPY ARE THY MEN, HAPPY ARE THY SERVANTS.”
- “They stand continually before you just to hear your wisdom.”
- Hey, listen, getting wisdom from God should make us all very happy.
- Happiness comes from receiving wisdom from God.
In heaven, I can just imagine everyone standing around God’s throne waiting to see what He says.
- When He says anything, it is pure excellency and greatness. That’s His words ALWAYS.
- Here one earth, we should constantly be studying God’s word to see what He has to say.
- “What wisdom can I learn from God today?” Wisdom from God leads to happiness.
 Proverbs 3:13-15 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding. 14 For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. 15 She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.
 Proverbs 3:16-18 Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour. 17 Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. 18 She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.
- Happy is the man who finds wisdom. You can only find true wisdom from God. Find God and find wisdom.
- Find God and find understanding. Don’t you want to understand things? You can help others that way.
- There’s nothing better than finding God and His wisdom. Why? Length of days.
- Riches. Honor. Pleasantness. Peace. LIFE. Happy is every one that retaineth wisdom.
- If you want to be happy, read God’s word. Study His words. Find wisdom and he happy.
- Let’s see what else leads to a life filled with happiness.
 Job 5:17-18 Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: 18 For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole.
- You might question: “Happy is the man who God correcteth? I don’t want to be corrected by God.”
- And I would ask: “So you want God to allow you to do harm to yourself and others?”
- God corrects us when we need it. And He’s right to correct us. If I’m wrong, I need correction.
- And I want it immediately so I don’t mess up any more. This is what we need from God.
- If He doesn’t correct us, then He doesn’t love us.
- If you won’t correct your children, you aren’t loving them.
So be happy when God is correcting you. THANK GOD FOR HIS CORRECTION.
- He’s corrected me more times than I can count in my own head. He’s protected me in this life.
- When I was a total idiot, He kept on protecting me and correcting me.
- He knew I would come along one day so He was patient with me.
Do not despise or hate the chastening or correction of the Almighty.
- He maketh sore. He bindeth up. He woundeth. His hands make us whole. So be happy.
- Whatever He is doing is what’s best for you. Happy is the man whom God correcteth.
- The others who aren’t being corrected by God won’t find happiness.
- They’ll continue to search but won’t find it. Let’s see what else brings happiness.
 Psalm 137:8-9 O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us. 9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
- Happy is the one that destroys evil and wicked people. Babylon was destroyed once.
- They were evil and wicked people. Babylon will be destroyed again.
- When evil and wicked people are destroyed, this should bring happiness to us.
- Whatever God does is good. When God sends people to hell, we should rejoice.
- In the Book of Revelation, we see that God commands us to rejoice when the evil are destroyed.
 Revelation 18:20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.
- This is talking about Babylon. Rejoice over her destruction. Be happy when the wicked are destroyed.
- Why is that? What is found within Babylon? Let’s see.
 Revelation 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.
 Revelation 19:1-3 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God: 2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand. 3 And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.
- Happiness is brought to us when God takes out His wrath on those who hate us and Him.
- God hath avenged the blood of His servants at her hand, at the hand of Babylon.
- Jesus Christ will be avenged. Abel will be avenged. Zacharias will be avenged.
 Matthew 23:34-35 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city: 35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
- John the Baptist will be avenged. Stephen will be avenged.
- All of the evil and wicked people throughout history will meet God’s vengeance and wrath.
- They aren’t getting away with anything. They may kill your body, but they will pay for it.
- And God is the one to take care of it. And you should be happy knowing that God will repay.
- No one will get away with doing evil to you. HAPPY SHALL HE BE knowing all these things.
- You return evil with kindness and goodness and truth to others. God will take care of the rest.
- You should be happy knowing that you don’t have to deal with it. God deals with it for you.
 Proverbs 14:21 He that despiseth his neighbour sinneth: but he that hath mercy on the poor, happy is he.
- If you want to know how to be happy, have mercy on the poor.
- If the poor does you wrong, have mercy on them. Have compassion on the poor.
- You could destroy them in other ways, but instead, have mercy on them.
God Wants Us To Have Mercy On Others As He Had Mercy On Us
That’s what God does for us. He could have destroyed me when I was poor in spirit.
- But He didn’t. He had mercy on me. He was patient with me. He didn’t despise me or hate me.
- Instead, He had great mercy on me. We won’t be happy if we don’t do the same thing.
- People might reject you over and over again in this life because of God, but be patient with them.
- Have mercy on them when they don’t deserve it. God is watching and waiting for them too.
- Don’t destroy the chances for those people to be saved by not having mercy on them.
 Proverbs 14:31 He that oppresseth the poor reproacheth his Maker: but he that honoureth him hath mercy on the poor.
- You honor God by having mercy on the poor. Don’t you want to honor God? This makes you happy.
 Proverbs 19:17 He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.
- When you have pity on the poor, you lend to the Lord. And God is good for the repayment.
- God will repay you when you lend to Him by having mercy on the poor. You will be happier for this.
- Let’s keep going with the Scriptures to find what else will make you happy.
 Proverbs 16:20 He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good: and whoso trusteth in the LORD, happy is he.
- You’re going to be happy because you’re going to find that the Lord is good. He is excellent.
- He won’t let you down EVER. Trust in Him.
 Isaiah 26:3-4 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. 4 Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:
- Trust in God, keep His ways, focus your mind on Him, and you will have peace.
- He is everlasting strength. Once you know that, you will be happier. There is nothing better than God.
- Do you see how the Bible gives us the way to happiness? I’ve never heard anyone preach any of this.
- Why? This world doesn’t want you to be happy.
- They want you focusing on other things that don’t bring happiness. The churches follow the world.
- Focusing on God is what brings happiness.
 Proverbs 28:14 Happy is the man that feareth alway: but he that hardeneth his heart shall fall into mischief.
- When you fear the Lord, you won’t sin because you’re afraid of the Lord.
- You understand who He is and what He can do.
- You understand He is THE ONE that made the heavens and the earth and the sea.
- And you don’t want to go against His rules. Happy you will be when you don’t go against Him.
- When you don’t fear God, your heart shall fall into mischief.
- We all have times throughout the day when we don’t fear God. That won’t result in happiness.
- You’ll be happier if you fear God at all times.
 Proverbs 23:17 Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the LORD all the day long.
- You shouldn’t want to join in with the sinners because it looks like a lot of fun. It won’t make you happy.
 Psalm 2:11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
- That will make you happy. Serve God with fear and rejoice in trembling. He is a God to be feared.
- Fear Him and nothing else, and you will be happier.
 Psalm 16:8-9 I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. 9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
- Set the Lord ALWAYS before you. Put Him out there in front of you. You shall not be moved.
- Allow Him to lead your life in the right direction through His words. Stay on His path.
- Therefore, your heart will be glad and happy and your flesh shall rest in hope.
You can choose to go after the things of this world like money, riches, cars, homes, careers, and other things.
- NONE OF THOSE THINGS will make you happy. But going after God will make you happy.
- That’s when you’ll find true happiness.
 Ecclesiastes 2:17 Therefore I hated life; because the work that is wrought under the sun is grievous unto me: for all is vanity and vexation of spirit.
- You can go after everything else in life but God, and you’ll end up hating life.
- But, if you seek after God, you will be happy. Seek God and be happy.
- God fulfills everything. You don’t need to seek after anything else to be happy.
- And when you seek after God, you’ll want to follow His ways and His rules.
 Proverbs 29:18 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
- Simply do what God says, and you will be happy. Go against God, and you won’t be happy.
- Follow God’s laws, and you won’t perish. Don’t follow His ways, and you will perish.
- Let’s go to the next Scripture about being happy.
 Jeremiah 12:1 Righteous art thou, O LORD, when I plead with thee: yet let me talk with thee of thy judgments: Wherefore doth the way of the wicked prosper? wherefore are all they happy that deal very treacherously?
- Many wicked people seem to be very happy at times. They are happy in their wicked ways.
- But they won’t continue to be happy. And their so-called happiness isn’t true happiness.
- If we skip on down to the very end of Jeremiah Chapter 12, you see this.
 Jeremiah 12:17 But if they will not obey, I will utterly pluck up and destroy that nation, saith the LORD.
- There are a lot of happy people in this nation that are not following the Lord.
- They are not obeying the Lord. God will utterly pluck up and destroy them.
- They will not find happiness. When you have no fear of God, you won’t be truly happy.
- Death and hell is coming for the wicked, and deep down, they know this. They aren’t happy.
 Malachi 3:15 And now we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up; yea, they that tempt God are even delivered.
- Their so-called happiness will soon end. They are setup for destruction. They will be delivered to hell.
- And there is no party in hell. There is no happiness in hell.
- Being proud doesn’t lead to happiness. Some people equate pride to happiness.
- “I’m so proud of this. I’m so proud of that.” That’s not happiness.
 Psalm 10:3 For the wicked boasteth of his heart’s desire, and blesseth the covetous, whom the LORD abhorreth.
- The wicked boasts of his hearts desire and wants others to do the same thing.
- The Lord hates this, and this doesn’t lead to happiness. “Look what I bought today. Aren’t you jealous?”
- Some people are happy to make others jealous but this doesn’t lead to true happiness in the Lord.
More Things And More Stuff Does Not Equal Happiness
Getting more things and more stuff will never make you happy.
- “Well, I need more storage.” Why? “So I can buy more things and store more things.” Why?
- Do those things make you happy? Think about that. They just sit there and do nothing.
- They aren’t making you happy. Now God doesn’t sit there and do nothing. Put your effort into Him.
- “Well, I need a bigger house.” But you already have a big house. “But I need more.” Why?
- So it can just sit there and do nothing? Think about these things. We misplace our efforts.
- We need to put more effort into God and stop worrying about things that mean nothing and do nothing.
- They don’t breathe. They aren’t alive. These things will NEVER make you happy.
- When you put those THINGS above God, you’re simply tempting God and that won’t lead to happiness.
 John 13:16-17 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him. 17 If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.
- Serving others will make you happy.
- Understanding that you aren’t greater than anyone else will lead to serving others.
- “Well, you all need to serve me because I am better than all of you.” That’s what some people think.
- “Well, I’m the boss. I’m the manager. You all do what I say.”
- No, understand you aren’t greater than others. Try lowering yourself since we all came from the dirt.
- Try serving others. “If ye know these things, happy are ye if you do them.” Serve God.
- Jesus Christ, who is God Almighty, serves you each and every day. You can’t serve Him for once?
- You can’t help Him out for once. If you will, you will be much happier.
 Acts 26:1-2 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Thou art permitted to speak for thyself. Then Paul stretched forth the hand, and answered for himself: 2 I think myself happy, king Agrippa, because I shall answer for myself this day before thee touching all the things whereof I am accused of the Jews:
- Paul was happy that he was able to speak for himself.
- You should be happy that we have freedom to speak in this country.
- You can speak what you want right now. You can speak for yourself. That appears to be going away.
- But right now, you should be happy with all the freedom that you have. You can speak for yourself.
- You can share the good news with others. No one is stopping you from speaking for yourself.
 Romans 14:22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
- When you know God’s word and you know His commandments, you’ll be happier.
- You’ll know that you’re doing the right things. If you don’t know His words, you won’t be sure.
- But if you know His words, you’ll know that eating meat, as an example, is allowed by God.
- You’ll know when you’re doing right and wrong when you know His words.
- You won’t condemn yourself for things that God allows. For example, celebrating Easter.
- Some people will say that we’re worshipping a false god by celebrating Easter.
- But I know I am not condemned because I’m celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ. HAPPY AM I.
- How to be happy. What else brings happiness?
 James 5:10-11 Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience. 11 Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.
- Suffering affliction for God brings happiness. Enduring for God brings happiness.
- Going through troubles and trials and pain for God will make you happy.
- Job. Think about that man when you’re suffering. “We have seen the end of the Lord.”
- We saw that Job ended up much better AT THE LAST. God will do the same for you.
- “Behold, we count them HAPPY which endure.” Don’t give up. Keep going. Endure.
- Happiness is just around the corner. Don’t give in. Don’t quit. Endure for God.
 1 Peter 3:13-15 And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good? 14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness’ sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled; 15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
- If you suffer for God’s sake, HAPPY ARE YOU. Don’t be troubled. Don’t fear those things. Have hope.
 1 Peter 4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
- If people think bad of you because you follow Jesus Christ, HAPPY ARE YOU!!!
- If you want to find happiness, follow Jesus Christ because people will reproach you or censor you.
- They won’t hear from you. “Oh, here comes the Christian. Get out of here.”
- This should make you happy because they are reproaching you over Jesus Christ.
- Know that the spirit of glory and the spirit of God is resting upon you when this happens.
- God is glorified when this happens. Understand that, and be happy because of that reason.
- So, we’ve studied all the Scriptures regarding how to be happy. Let’s summarize and close this out.
How to be happy according to the Bible. What did we find out today?
- I have 14 things that will make you happy according to God’s word.
- I’m going to list there out here for you.
- Having children.
- Working for your food.
- Commanding your children and your household to keep the way of the Lord.
- Being saved by God.
- Having God as your help.
- Correction from God.
- Finding wisdom.
- Destruction of the wicked.
- Having mercy on the poor.
- Fearing God.
- Following God’s law.
- Serving others.
- Having faith in God’s word.
- Suffering affliction for Jesus Christ.
If you want to be happy, have faith in what we’ve learned today from God’s word.
- He never lies to us. Listen to Him. Trust Him. Notice the things of this world won’t make you happy.
- If anyone knows happiness, it’s God Almighty.