- Sermon Slides for Sermon How To Be Saved According To God: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon How To Be Saved According To God: PDF
[SLIDE 2] The title of the sermon today is “HOW TO BE SAVED ACCORDING TO GOD.”
- We need to know how to be saved.
- But, we don’t need to know how to be saved according to some false church, false preacher, false teacher, false denomination, or ANY false religion.
- Why? Because they are all FALSE. There’s ONE TRUTH in this world and it’s in this Bible right here.
- We need to know how to be saved according to GOD. What does God say?
- If anyone says ANYTHING different than GOD, it’s false and it has NO POWER to save AT ALL.
- There’s FALSE GOSPELS all around us today. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE. We are surrounded.
- UNDERSTAND TODAY that God is all powerful. The power to save is GOD’S ALONE.
- I have no power to save you through my words, my thoughts, my logic, my reasoning.
BUT, when I pick this up and USE THE WORDS WITHIN THIS TRUE BIBLE, God gives us the power to lead people to salvation.
- That’s why I LOVE THIS BIBLE. I LOVE IT WITH EVERYTHING I HAVE!!!
- When I wake up, first thing I do is pick up my Bible.
- When I have breakfast, first thing I do is pick up my Bible.
- When I have lunch, first thing I do is pick up my Bible.
- When I have dinner, first thing I do is pick up my Bible.
- Before I go to bed, first thing I do is pick up my Bible.
- When I have some free time, first thing I do is pick up my Bible.
- Why? BECAUSE THE WORDS WITHIN THIS BIBLE ARE POWER AND TRUTH.
[SLIDE 3] Psalm 119:140 Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.
[SLIDE 4] Deuteronomy 8:3 And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.
[SLIDE 5] Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
- When I see that verse right there, I believe what it says.
- Do you believe what it says?
- “MAN SHALL NOT LIVE BY BREAD ALONE, BUT BY EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDETH OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD.”
- Our flesh may live by bread, but our soul will only live eternally by the WORD OF GOD.
You won’t find the truth in this world today. But, you’ll find it right here in the word of God.
- If you’ve been lied to, you’ll know it very quickly by reading the word of God.
- Read the Bible over and over again, and you’ll find the truth.
- I don’t like to be lied to. None of us do.
- And you know what? I’m not going to put up with it any more.
- That’s why I’m here right now. I WILL TAKE A STAND FOR GOD AND HIS TRUTH.
- And I hope with everything that I have today, that you’ll stand up for the word of God with me today.
- We’re going to learn how to be saved today ACCORDING TO HIS WORD.
- It’s not my opinion. It’s not my religion. It’s not my denomination.
- It’s the WORD OF GOD WITH POWER. The power of God SAVES!!!
- Today, let’s learn the truth on HOW TO BE SAVED according to God.
- JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF says this in John Chapter 17.
[SLIDE 6] John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
- What does SANCTIFY mean right there in that verse?
- It means to CLEANSE, TO PURIFY, TO MAKE HOLY, TO SET APART.
- It means YOU ARE SAVED through the truth, which is THE WORD OF GOD.
- If you want to go to heaven when you die, you need to be saved.
- And why not do it today? Why not make that decision today?
- You can sit right there in your seat, change your mind today, and believe on JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH.
- If your Jesus has been anyone different than the Jesus within this Bible, you need to get it right today.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God and is God.
- The Bible warns us about people bringing another Jesus and another Gospel.
- Just because a Church uses the name of Jesus, it doesn’t mean they have the right Jesus.
[SLIDE 7] Galatians 1:6-7 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
- And listen, this isn’t something small.
- People are perverting the GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST, and I’m sick of it.
- It’s all around us and it even began directly after the Apostle Paul preached it.
- People are dying right now and being sent into eternal torment because of perversions of God’s word.
- This is no small thing.
- What does the Apostle say right here in Galatians? Let’s see what he says, continuing in verse 8.
[SLIDE 8] Galatians 1:8-9 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
- So all you that know me well, do you think I’ll stand up here and preach the wrong Gospel to you?
- Do you think I want to be accursed?
- If I wasn’t 100% sure that I know the GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST, I wouldn’t stand up here right now.
- I wouldn’t take the chance BECAUSE I sure don’t want to be accursed.
- God’s serious about HIS GOSPEL. He doesn’t play games.
- As Emma Jo, that beautiful little 3 yr. old right there, quotes to us all the time:
- “GOD DON’T PLAY GAMES!!!”
Where do you find the right Jesus?
- With all the lies out there today, how do we know the TRUTH.
- Where do we find the TRUE JESUS CHRIST? How do we know we have the truth?
- Today, how will you know I’m telling you the truth?
- We look to the Bible today. The Holy Spirit will NEVER contradict the word of God.
- If our thoughts and our feelings don’t match with the word of God, then we’re wrong.
- We look to the BIBLE today to see how to be saved. Let’s learn it today. Let’s be saved today.
- THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST SAVES.
- What is the Gospel of Jesus Christ? That’s what we’re going to learn today ONCE AND FOR ALL.
- The Gospel that you learn today WILL NEVER CHANGE. It is THE EVERLASTING GOSPEL OF GOD!!!
The word Gospel or Gospel’s is used 101 times in the Bible.
- Every occurrence of the word gospel is in the New Testament.
- GOSPEL actually means GOOD NEWS!!! Or Good Message!!! Or Good Tidings!!!
- In other words, it’s good news from God. And we can be excited about this.
- It’s not good news from the world. This is good news from God Himself.
[SLIDE 9] Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
- That’s Jesus Christ HIMSELF speaking right there.
- But guess what Jesus is saying right there? He’s quoting the book of Isaiah.
- And this happens all the time. The New Testament quotes the Old Testament over and over again.
- The God of the New Testament is the SAME GOD in the Old Testament. God doesn’t change.
- If someone tells you that Jesus came preaching and teaching something different in the New Testament, they are creating a false god. That’s not God.
- NEVER let someone tell you that God is different in the New Testament.
- And that’s exactly what churches are teaching today, and they are liars. There’s no way around it.
- See this in Isaiah Chapter 61. This is what Jesus was quoting.
[SLIDE 10] Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
- In other words, Jesus calls it the Gospel in Luke 4:18 and it’s called “GOOD TIDINGS” in Isaiah 61:1.
- The Gospel is GOOD TIDINGS. It’s good news my friend. There is no better news than this.
[SLIDE 11] Luke 2:10-11 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
- I love that passage right there. I’m so glad that day happened!!!
- When we study the Bible, we compare Scripture to Scripture.
- That’s what we’re doing today. The Bible ALWAYS defines itself.
- I want you to see another example.
[SLIDE 12] Romans 10:13-15 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
- Do you see the “AS IT IS WRITTEN” in verse 15 there?
- Whenever you see that in the Bible, it’s quoting other Scripture.
- What’s the parallel passage with Romans Chapter 10 here? Isaiah Chapter 52.
[SLIDE 13] Isaiah 52:7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
- The Gospel in Romans 10 is called good tidings in Isaiah 52.
- And let’s watch what happens in Romans Chapter 10 right after the Gospel is mentioned.
[SLIDE 14] Romans 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
- Esaias is referring to Isaiah.
- Watch what we see in the Book of Isaiah as it says something very similar.
- Romans 10 says, “But they have not obeyed the gospel. Who hath believed our report?”
[SLIDE 15] Isaiah 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
- What does that mean when Romans and Isaiah says, “People have not obeyed the Gospel?”
- “People have not believed our report.”
- Did you know that the GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST is in the Book of Isaiah?
- Yes, the Gospel is in the OLD TESTAMENT!!! Hear this today.
[SLIDE 16] Isaiah 53:5-6 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. 6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
- He was wounded for OUR TRANSGRESSIONS.
- He was buried for OUR INIQUITIES.
- The chastisement of OUR PEACE was upon HIM.
- And with HIS STRIPES WE ARE HEALED!!!
- This is the Gospel. This is the Good News. Jesus came and did all the work.
- He paid for our sin. He was wounded for us.
- With His sacrifice, we are forgiven of our sin.
- Jesus took ALL SIN. Past, present, and future sin of ALL PEOPLE and laid it upon HIMSELF.
- That means ALL TODAY have the opportunity to be saved because He died for all.
The death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ is the Gospel but there’s more to it than that.
- Many preachers that get the Gospel right, which is VERY RARE IN THIS AREA,
- They will limit the Gospel to the death, burial, and resurrection. Let me show you that it’s more than that.
- DO NOT LIMIT IT TO THE DEATH, BURIAL, AND RESURRECTION.
- It is the main subject of the Gospel, but there’s more to it. You need to know this today.
- In 1 Corinthians Chapter 15, the Bible defines the Gospel for us.
- This is the Apostle Paul speaking here through the Holy Spirit of God.
[SLIDE 17] 1 Corinthians 15:1-2 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
- Paul says, “YOU ARE SAVED BY THE GOSPEL.”
- But he says, “UNLESS you have believed in vain.” Believing in vain is believing the WRONG GOSPEL.
- If you believe in the TRUE GOSPEL, you’re saved by that Gospel.
- A false gospel won’t work.
- Let’s say salvation is a deposit slip at a bank. If you can get that deposit slip, you’re saved.
- Take Monopoly money to the real bank and see if they’ll give you a deposit slip.
- It’s the same thing as believing a false gospel to save you.
- You won’t be saved. You won’t get that deposit slip.
- Let’s continue in verse 3 of 1 Corinthians Chapter 15.
[SLIDE 18] 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
- The Gospel isn’t JUST Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection.
- Notice exactly what it says in verse 3.
- It says, “JESUS DIED FOR OUR SINS.”
- If Jesus just died and it wasn’t for us, then it wouldn’t be good news for us.
- If He didn’t die for you, then you wouldn’t have the chance to be saved from your sins.
- But there’s more to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- We have 4 Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
- These are great names for those books. They include all the details of the Gospel.
- It’s not just the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Watch what we see right at the beginning of the book of Mark.
[SLIDE 19] Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;
- Jesus doesn’t die, isn’t buried, and doesn’t rise again in Mark Chapter 1.
- This is telling us that the entire book is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- When I give people the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I tell them that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and is God.
- He came to earth. He was conceived of the Holy Spirit. He was born of a virgin.
- He lived a sinless life. He never did anything wrong. He did miracles. He preached. He healed.
- He got hungry. He marveled. He wept. He sweated drops of blood because He was in agony.
- He stayed obedient to the will of the Father. He was beat, spit on, whipped, mocked, slashed.
- Not one bad thought came from Jesus. He went to the cross. Died on the cross.
- His body was buried, His Spirit went to the Father, His soul went to hell as a burnt offering for us.
- He took all of our sins upon Himself and His soul went to hell.
- 3 days later, Jesus Christ arose from the dead in HIS BODY.
- Witnesses saw Him die on the cross. And witnesses saw Him after He arose.
- He ate and drank in His body. He wasn’t a ghost or spirit. He was in HIS BODY.
- He stayed on earth for 40 days.
- The disciples watched Him ascend into heaven.
- He’s sitting on the right hand of HIS FATHER in heaven right now.
- He left us with the Holy Spirit as the Comforter.
- And He’ll be back one day when He comes in the clouds to Rapture the believers after the tribulation.
- He’ll pour out His wrath on the unbelievers.
- He’ll reign on this Earth for 1,000 years and the Kingdom will be delivered to the Father.
The Gospel is everything in the Gospels.
- Parts of the Gospel are great to share too. The Old Testament gives us pieces of the Gospel.
- If it’s any of the good news about Jesus Christ, it’s part of the Gospel.
- When Jesus is born and lying in the manger, that’s part of the Gospel.
- WHY IS THIS SO IMPORTANT?
- Because there’s ONLY ONE GOSPEL.
- The entire story of Jesus Christ in this Bible is THE GOSPEL.
- And there’s only one Gospel.
I say this today BECAUSE false preachers try to tell you that there are multiple gospels.
- And yes, that’s in churches around us today.
- This isn’t a fairy tale. The churches are out there saying there are other gospels in the Bible.
- They’ll say that it’s ONLY the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- The other stuff doesn’t really matter to them.
- If you look up all the 101 instances of the word Gospel in the Bible, you’ll see that it’s talking about MORE than the death, burial, and resurrection.
- We need to know it all.
Other false preachers will tell you that the Gospel is ONLY available to specific groups of people.
- Calvinism, which includes some Baptists and Presbyterians, will say that they are the Gospel.
- “CALVINISM IS THE GOSPEL.”
- This professor of Calvinism writes this:
[SLIDE 20] “Calvinism is the Gospel. Its outstanding doctrines are simply the truths that make up the Gospel. Departure from Calvinism, therefore, is apostasy from the Gospel of God’s grace in Christ.”
- This is supposed to be some smart guy.
- He’s telling you that you’ll go to hell unless you believe in Calvinism.
- I must have missed that part of the Bible. I don’t see that anywhere.
- It’s not John Calvin that’s going to save you buddy. It’s Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the Son of God.
- Calvinism says that the Gospel is only for certain people.
[SLIDE 21] Luke 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
- The GOSPEL is FOR ALL PEOPLE!!! That’s what the Holy Spirit says.
- I don’t care what Jon Calvin says or ANY of his minions.
- Do you want to know what God says?
[SLIDE 22] John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
- God didn’t just love certain people.
- John 3:16 says He LOVED the world!
- And then it says, “WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM should not perish but have everlasting life.”
- That’s Jesus Christ HIMSELF speaking.
- I don’t care what John Calvin says. I don’t care what your religion says. I don’t care what your preacher says.
- I CARE WHAT JESUS CHRIST says!!! Why? Because He has the power. The others have no power.
- Jesus came to die for all people of all time. He didn’t select a group of people.
- He gives everyone the opportunity to be saved.
[SLIDE 23] John 1:7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
[SLIDE 24] 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
[SLIDE 25] 1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
[SLIDE 26] Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
- In other words, Calvinism is a FALSE GOSPEL because they don’t include the part about Jesus dying for all.
- They say it’s only for some people. And of course, it’s them and them only who will be saved.
- That’s not what MY BIBLE says. It looks to me like the Bible says Jesus died for ALL.
- “WHOSOEVER WILL, LET HIM TAKE THE WATER OF LIFE FREELY.”
- God says, “Hey, here it is. It’s for all. Take it.”
- The will of God is for all people to BELIEVE and to be saved.
- Jesus died for all, but we MUST BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved.
- All people don’t believe on Jesus and all people are not saved.
- To be saved, we MUST follow the way that God gives us to be saved.
- You can reject God’s FREE GIFT today. Or, you can accept it today.
- You can reject it tomorrow, or you can accept it tomorrow.
- You can reject it the rest of your life, but I sure hope not.
- And you don’t know how long you’re going to live, so you better accept it soon. Be saved today.
- You might not believe this, but I WANT TO SEE YOU IN HEAVEN.
Calvinism teaches that you have no say in the matter on whether you go to heaven or hell.
- They’ll say that go pre-destined people to heaven or hell.
- In other words, it doesn’t matter what you do. You don’t have to believe on Jesus Christ.
- God does it for you. You don’t have to change your mind and believe on Jesus.
- God will make you believe because He pre-destined you. And the other won’t be able to believe.
- That’s not good news for us!!! I sure hope God chose me.
- If not, “Hey, sorry. It doesn’t matter what you do!!!”
- They say that Jesus didn’t die for the whole world.
[SLIDE 27] 1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
- In other words, Calvinism is FALSE. Jesus died for all.
- And if you see that verse right there and you still say that Jesus didn’t die for all, then something is wrong.
- Let’s see another one.
[SLIDE 28] Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
- “EVERY MAN.”
- There is NO LIMIT to who God saves.
- All you have to do is BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.
- We have to REJECT ANYTHING that disagrees with the Bible.
- We need to WAKE UP and follow God and stop following churches and religions.
- If a church doesn’t preach the word of God, it’s not a church. Understand that today.
- And I don’t see many of God’s churches around here.
- You know that Presbyterian Church down the road?
- That’s not GOD’S CHURCH. That’s Satan’s church. How do I know?
- Because they don’t believe the Gospel. You saw the verses I just put up there.
- They don’t believe those verses. They don’t believe what GOD SAYS!!!
- They can’t go to somebody’s door and say, “Hey, I have good news for you.”
- “CHRIST DIED FOR US!!!” They can’t say that. They say that Jesus only died for some.
- A KEY PART of the Gospel is understanding that HE DIED FOR ALL. It’s always for US!!!
- He did it for me and He did it for you. That’s GOOD NEWS.
Do you see what I mean about limiting the Gospel?
- Those Calvinists will say that, “Yes, I believe the Gospel.”
- I believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- But they don’t believe He died for all people.
- They don’t believe the GOSPEL!!!
- So you have these Calvinists and then you have all the other categories of FALSE GOSPELS.
- Guess where all the other FALSE GOSPELS fit?
- They all preach and teach a WORKS BASED SALVATION. All of the others.
For example, let’s look at the Catholics.
- They teach the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Are they saved through the Gospel? Let’s see.
- Here’s the truth: “A WORKS BASED RELIGION OF ANY TYPE IS NOT PREACHING THE GOSPEL.”
- If you got to work for it the rest of your life, that’s not good news.
- When do you get it? What if you die before you didn’t have the chance to gain it?
- The Catholic Church is bringing another GOSPEL. They aren’t bringing the Gospel in this Bible.
- I want to prove this to you today.
- Do you remember these verses from Galatians that I mentioned earlier.
[SLIDE 29] Galatians 1:6-7 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
- Do you see where it says “UNTO ANOTHER GOSPEL: WHICH IS NOT ANOTHER?”
- And then it says, there are some that pervert the gospel of Christ.
- So it’s not a completely foreign gospel these other churches are teaching.
- It’s a perverted version of the true Gospel. And that’s exactly what Satan does.
- That’s what the Catholic church does EXACTLY.
- They twist the true Gospel. And when they do this, they should be accursed.
- We need to reject this just like God rejects it.
- And what is this Gospel that Paul is talking about that the GALATIANS have accepted?
- Well, guess what? He tells us in Galatians Chapter 3. God gives us the exact answer.
What’s the problem with this other gospel that the Galatians are accepting?
- They aren’t saying that Jesus didn’t die on the cross.
- They aren’t saying that Jesus wasn’t buried.
- They aren’t saying the Jesus didn’t arise from the dead.
- But Paul is telling us that they have already started believing a perversion of the Gospel.
- Do you see this so far?
- If the Gospel is JUST the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ then Paul wouldn’t be saying they’ve perverted the Gospel.
- He says that they have ANOTHER GOSPEL.
- What are they perverting? Galatians Chapter 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 all talk about this issue.
- And here it is in Galatians Chapter 3 starting in verse 1.
[SLIDE 30] Galatians 3:1-2 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
- Paul is saying, “THIS ONLY WOULD I LEARN OF YOU.”
- He’s saying, “I’m going to show you how you’re perverting the Gospel.”
- Were you saved by the works of the law? Or, were you saved by the hearing of faith?
- He’s saying, “Are you going to work for it and gain it yourself?”
- “Or, are you going to receive it through faith?”
- IS IT 1) WORKS or 2) FAITH? Which one is it? How are we saved? WORKS OR FAITH.
- Listen to what Paul says here. And I wish I could have been there to hear Paul preach this.
[SLIDE 31] Galatians 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
- That’s what we should be saying to Catholics and EVERY CHURCH around that believes in a works based salvation.
- Did you not read the Bible at all? Did you not read Romans and Galatians?
- We are saved by FAITH ALONE without ANY WORKS. Understand that today.
- It’s not what I say. It’s what the Bible says.
[SLIDE 32] Galatians 3:4-9 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. 5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. 7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. 8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. 9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
- “ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD and it was counted to Him for righteousness.”
- If you are faith, you are the children of Abraham.
- God justifies the heathen (that’s you and that’s definitely me – I’m a bigger heathen you) THROUGH FAITH. We are justified through faith alone.
- So guess what? Abraham, all the way back to Genesis, was saved through FAITH.
- “They which be OF FAITH are blessed with FAITHFUL Abraham.”
- Is that not clear enough?
- And that’s not the only Scripture in the Bible that says Salvation is through FAITH.
- The ENTIRE BIBLE from Genesis to Revelation says the same thing.
- If you think you’re saved by WORKS in ANY WAY, the Bible itself says you are cursed.
[SLIDE 33] Galatians 3:10-11 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. 11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
- If you’re preaching another Gospel, you’re cursed.
- In other words, it’s not saving anyone.
- And NO, GOD DOES NOT RESPECT ANOTHER GOSPEL, another religion, or another way.
- He says it’s cursed.
- God REJECTED Cain’s offering because it was of works. He didn’t tell Cain it was okay.
- HE REJECTED IT!!! Cain was trying to work HIS WAY to heaven.
[SLIDE 34] Jude 11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
- That verse right there is talking about false preachers that are teaching a works based salvation.
- Remember the Tower of Babel? This is a picture of a works based salvation.
- They thought they were going to work their way to heaven. GOD REJECTED IT!!!
[SLIDE 35] Acts 7:40-41 Saying unto Aaron, Make us gods to go before us: for as for this Moses, which brought us out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him. 41 And they made a calf in those days, and offered sacrifice unto the idol, and rejoiced in the works of their own hands.
- They said, “Hey God, I don’t want your way. We’ll make our own god.”
- Notice it says that they “REJOICED IN THE WORKS OF THEIR OWN HANDS.”
- You have all these religions and Christian denominations teaching a FALSE GOSPEL.
- They’re teaching you that you MUST work your way to heaven.
- God is doing HIS BEST in the BIBLE to show you it’s not of works.
- You can’t take all of these verses and explain around all of them.
- If they don’t match your beliefs, then you better change your beliefs.
- If something doesn’t make sense with what you believe, you better believe what God says.
[SLIDE 36] Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
- How much more clear can that be right there?
- I got one that’s even clearer than that. Look at this one.
[SLIDE 37] Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
- Do you know why the Gospel is good news?
- GOD DID ALL THE WORK.
- He’s says, “SALVATION IS THE GIFT OF GOD!!!” You don’t work for it.
- GOD DID ALL THE WORK. Let’s get that in our heads and keep it there.
Did you know how we celebrate Jesus rising from the dead on the first day of the week? Sunday.
- There’s a reason for that. God designed it that way as a picture and as a clue to us.
- Jesus died on the cross on the PASSOVER. He is the PASSOVER LAMB.
- That would have been a THURSDAY. The Passover is a SABBATH DAY of rest for you and for I.
- The next day would have been a FRIDAY. The days of unleavened bread. The first day of that is a SABBATH. This means so far we’re resting when Jesus was killed.
- That Saturday is automatically a SABBATH DAY of rest.
- So we’re resting while Jesus is killed on the cross and is sent to hell.
- In other words, HE DID ALL THE WORK while we rested on all 3 of those SABBATH DAYS.
- Salvation is through JESUS CHRIST ALONE. We trust in HIS WORK.
- When we won’t trust in Jesus ALONE, we’re spitting in the face of Jesus Christ.
And look, Jesus Christ is MY SAVIOR. I don’t like people spitting in HIS FACE.
- Will you die for the cause of Christ? He died for you. STAND UP FOR JESUS!!!
- I’m sick of this other trash. It’s sending OUR PEOPLE to hell. Understand that today.
- Do you think I want my sister in hell? Do you think I want to see my brother in hell?
- Do you think I want my children to go to hell for all eternity?
- Do you think I want to see any of you in hell while I’m in heaven.
- No, because I love you with God’s love. Loving someone is telling them the truth.
- God’s love tells you the truth. Satan’s love LIES TO YOU. Understand that TODAY.
So, what do you need to do in all these FALSE GOSPELS to be saved?
- They’re telling you that you have to do all of these works to be saved.
- They don’t follow what the Bible says.
- You have to cross yourself like the Catholics.
- You have to get sprinkled with holy water.
- You have to go to church enough.
- You have to get confirmed. You have to be baptized. You have to confess your sins.
- You have to repent of your sins. You have to stop sinning. You have to live right.
- YOU MUST have a relationship with Jesus.
- You must speak in some unknown heavenly tongue that doesn’t exist in the Bible.
- You have to follow the commandments. You MUST obey God until you die.
- You have to eat enough crackers. You have to drink enough wine.
- If you do all that, YOU MIGHT MAKE IT TO HEAVEN.
- That’s what they’re telling you.
- In other words, it’s not good news because you have no idea if you’ll ever make it.
- And guess what? That kind of trash and false teaching leads to you being discouraged.
- It leads to you GIVING UP on God. And that’s what they want. Satan wants you to give up on God.
How do I know this is true?
- Because I was one of those people who believed in a false gospel.
- I believed what my church was telling me without reading the word of God.
- I became discouraged because I tried my best and I still sinned more often than ever.
- I gave up. I said, “I don’t want any part of these churches.” I rebelled against God.
- I drank alcohol. I did what I wanted. I stopped going to church.
- Forget this I said. I’m going to have fun. “At least I’ll have a fun life.” I said.
- And my life was going into a dark hole. That’s what a works based FALSE GOSPEL gets you.
- A false gospel isn’t good news. IT’S THE WORST NEWS YOU’LL EVER HEAR.
- It will send you to hell. Satan’s way is the false gospels.
- He doesn’t care which one you follow BECAUSE all of them will send you to hell.
Do you know how I made it back?
- I started reading the Bible. Even when reading the Bible, I got frustrated.
- “God, please help me see the truth.” I asked Him over and over again.
- I was mad for months upon months, but I kept reading MY BIBLE.
- I said, “Hey, I’m not giving up this time. I will get this right.”
- I went after God with all my heart and with all my soul.
[SLIDE 38] Jeremiah 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
- God answered. He led me to the TRUE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.
- I knew the words of the Bible, but I couldn’t understand them.
- I couldn’t see them BEFORE I accepted the TRUE GOSPEL.
- And it’s very simple and it’s very easy to understand. How did I miss it for so long?
- I’ll tell you why. Because I was in churches that were teaching me lies.
- When God opened up my eyes and saved me, then I understood the words of the Bible.
- WE DO NOT DO THE WORKS OF SALVATION!!! JESUS DID IT. IT’S FINISHED. That’s good news.
- If it depends on our righteousness AT ALL, we won’t make it.
- I’ll admit to you that I won’t make it. I’m not a good person. Admitting that is THE FIRST STEP to salvation.
- If you think you’re good, you aren’t hearing the words of the Bible.
[SLIDE 39] Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
- How many people are good people in this world?
- NONE. You’re not good. I’m not good. NONE.
[SLIDE 40] Romans 3:10-12 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. 12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
- People don’t like to hear that they aren’t good.
- Did the Bible offend you? God doesn’t care if you’re offended. And I don’t either.
- Why? Because understanding that you’re not good is the first step to being saved.
- Admit it. If you think you’re good, you don’t need a Savior.
- If you think you’re working your way to heaven, you don’t need a Savior.
Another false gospel being taught everywhere around here is that once you have faith, you will show it through the works that you do.
- I haven’t met ONE PERSON around here that doesn’t believe this in every church that I’ve attended.
- “If you have faith, you will have works to go with it.”
- They say that they faith and works can’t be separated.
[SLIDE 41] James 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
- People twist that verse and say, “SEE!!! Your faith is dead without works.”
- Well guess what? God wouldn’t have said FAITH WITHOUT WORKS is dead if it didn’t exist!!!
- In other words, you can have FAITH WITHOUT WORKS.
- Should you? I sure hope not. You should do good works once you’re saved.
- But guess what? You don’t have to do good works to be saved. The entire Bible teaches this.
[SLIDE 42] Romans 4:4-5 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
- Repenting of sin and asking for forgiveness is a good work once you’re saved (past tense).
- But you better be saved first. And repenting of sin and being baptized doesn’t save you.
- The Bible doesn’t say that ANYWHERE!!! Here’s what it says.
[SLIDE 43] Romans 4:6-7 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, 7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
- If you think salvation is through works, God says: “Okay, you can make it of works if you want.”
- “But if you do, you better be perfect. You better not mess up from the start of your life to the end.”
- And guess what? God tells us that no one can be perfect.
- In other words, you better not choose a works based salvation from a false gospel.
- If you do, then God HIMSELF says you will be in debt.
- When you think you’re doing good things to GAIN SALVATION, then you’re saying that God owes you.
- Let me tell you something right now. GOD DOESN’T OWE YOU ANYTHING. Joel Osteen.
- Do you want to see the end of the STORY AND PERIOD on the sentence that says you don’t have to have works to be saved?
[SLIDE 44] 1 Corinthians 3:11-15 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13 Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is. 14 If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
- It’s saying that once you’re SAVED, you’re SAVED.
- You can’t lose it.
- If you don’t have good works to go with your faith, what does it say?
- Works that aren’t good will be burned when you enter into heaven.
- You will suffer loss of all your works.
- “BUT HE HIMSELF SHALL BE SAVED!!! Yet so as by fire.”
- All your so-called good works burned up but yet you are saved!!!
So, do you need good works to enter into heaven? Nope. What do you need? FAITH.
- FAITH ALONE punches your ticket into heaven. You need that ticket first.
- You need the foundation of Jesus Christ BEFORE you can do good works.
- Good works are works of eternal significance.
- Giving someone the Gospel and getting them saved is a good work.
- That work will pass through the fire. Reading your Bible will pass through the fire.
- Getting baptized will pass through the fire. Repenting of sin will pass through the fire.
- But guess what? If you don’t make it to heaven, your so-called good works won’t matter.
- They won’t get to be passed through the fire. Because you’ll be in hell burning in a fire.
- In other words, feeding the homeless isn’t a good work unless it’s done in FAITH.
- Are you giving those homeless people the Gospel of Jesus Christ? That’s a good work.
Do you know what the GOOD NEWS IS TODAY AND FOREVER?
- Jesus Christ has REDEEMED you and I from the curse of the law.
- In other words, we don’t have to keep the entire law to be saved.
- Do you think you would make it if you had to do everything written and commanded in this book?
- Isn’t it funny, though, that the churches that teach a works based salvation pick and choose what’s important for them to do to be saved?
- They make it all up.
- But do you know what the Bible says?
[SLIDE 45] James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
- Doing all of these works of the law are good things to do.
- But if you mess up once, then you are guilty of all.
- And we all mess up. We’re all guilty. We’re all in the same category.
- I’m not better than you, and you’re not better than me.
- But the churches who teach works based salvation including the preachers and pastors, think they’re better than others.
- They think they’re good works have raised them above you and others.
- God laughs at that.
- People who think they’re good works are saving them will be in hell. 100% guaranteed.
- The Bible says so.
If you read the Book of Galatians, there’s no way you can believe in a works based salvation.
- That book DESTROYS most every single church in this area.
- And it agrees 100% with the entire rest of the Bible.
- Guess how long it takes to read the Book of Galatians? 18 minutes.
- 18 minutes of reading should have PREVENTED all of these false churches.
- But it didn’t because people want to build their own way to god.
- But what they’ve done is created a false god with no power.
Having child like FAITH is just like my children getting those gifts on Christmas morning.
- They don’t stop before they take a gift and say, “Are you sure I don’t need to work for this?”
- They tear into that gift. They open it. They love it. They say, “Thank you Dad and Mom!!!”
- They don’t reject it. They know something good is in that gift.
- Take the gift from God today, tear into it, and don’t ever look back.
To conclude today, this will be the final point and the most important of all.
- How can you be saved today according to God in His word?
- When you see the words of the Bible, will you believe them or will you believe what man has told you?
- That’s how God separates people into heaven and hell. Will you believe His words or someone else?
- Open your eyes. See these words today. And believe them.
[SLIDE 46] John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
[SLIDE 47] John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
[SLIDE 48] John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
[SLIDE 49] John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
- There’s hundreds and hundreds of verses that say the exact same thing that you’ve seen in just those few.
- That’s JESUS speaking.
- Do you see anything else that Jesus requires to be saved other than believing on Him?
- Some people will take one verse (Acts 2:38) and setup an entire religion around it.
- They didn’t even understand what it says, and they ignore the other 99.99% of the Bible.
[SLIDE 50] Acts 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
- The DEFINITION of baptism of repentance is given right there.
- What does it say? It’s saying the baptism of repentance is believing on the Lord Jesus Christ.
[SLIDE 51] Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
- All of this matches throughout the entire Bible.
- Did you know that every single person who is in heaven today believed God?
- You can go all the way back to Adam, Abel, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Gideon, David, Saul.
- All of those Old Testament prophets knew Jesus Christ.
- They wrote about Him!!!
[SLIDE 52] Luke 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
- That’s Jesus speaking in the Book of Luke to His disciples after He is risen from the dead.
- He’s telling them that all the prophets knew to BELIEVE ON HIM to be saved.
What is faith? Faith is putting all your trust and confidence on Jesus Christ of Nazareth to save you.
- All it takes is ONE MOMENT in your life to be saved.
- Change your mind and believe on Jesus to save you.
- This is the GOSPEL MESSAGE! This is the good news.
- It’s a new birth. Once you believe, you’re saved. You receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
- That Holy Spirit seals your soul and keeps sin from being added to your soul.
Your flesh or your body will continue to sin for the rest of your life.
- Even a bad thought is a sin Jesus Christ HIMSELF says in the Bible.
- This means you will sin. You aren’t perfect in your flesh.
- But guess what? Your soul is now sealed with the Holy Spirit.
[SLIDE 53] Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
- This verse means that once you’re saved, you’re signed, you’re sealed, YOU ARE DELIVERED.
- It says, “Hey, you have the SPIRIT OF GOD within you. Don’t sin and grieve that Spirit.”
- In other words, you will feel bad when you sin. You can choose to repent of that sin or not.
- If not, God HIMSELF will punish you in this life. But He won’t take salvation from you.
- Why? Because HE SAYS you HAVE eternal life. Once you believe, you HAVE IT!!!
- See this verse and BELIEVE WHAT HE SAYS:
[SLIDE 54] John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
- Believe on Him to save you, and you’re saved. YOU HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE.
- Do you see what Jesus says right there?
- Once you believe on Him, you have it.
- He doesn’t say you get it later. YOU HAVE IT HE SAYS. I didn’t say it. HE SAID IT.
- If you want to call me a liar on that one, understand you’re calling Jesus the liar.
- You don’t want to do that.
- This means if you have it today, you can’t lose it tomorrow.
- You can’t lose it in 10 years when you do something really bad.
- If God takes it away, then it’s not everlasting. GOD HIMSELF SAYS SO.
- I used to believe you could lose it. That’s what I was being taught.
- Do you want to see what changed my mind?
[SLIDE 55] 1 John 5:10-13 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. 11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
- God says, “KNOW THAT YOU HAVE ETERNAL LIFE. KNOW THAT YOU’RE SAVED.” Past tense.
- It’s already happened. It’s done. You’re saved. Don’t make God a liar the Bible says.
- If you know God, you don’t want to do that.
- Read the Old Testament. Get to know God ALMIGHTY. That will put the fear God into you.
- I want to leave you with one final passage from Scripture.
- I want to make sure you heard the words in the Bible today. Simply believe what they say. That’s faith.
[SLIDE 56] John 10:27-30 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and my Father are one.
- So what’s that mean right there? The saved people hear the voice of Jesus.
- They see His words in the Bible, and they understand what they mean. They believe what He says.
- He gives those people who BELIEVE eternal life. And He gives it to them immediately.
- And He never takes it away. It’s a gift. He did the work. You don’t work for a gift. You don’t pay for a gift.
- Jesus says, “You’re right here in my hand and NO ONE (not even you) is able to take you out of my hand.”
- And if that’s not enough, He says: “My Father’s hand will come over my hand and ensure no one takes you out of OUR HANDS.” I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE.
- Look: You are in God’s hands once you believe. That’s where you want to be. You’re saved.
- And that’s that. That’s the TRUE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.