- Sermon Slides for Sermon How To Get Started With Soul Winning: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon How To Get Started With Soul Winning: PDF
 The title of the sermon today is “HOW TO GET STARTED WITH SOUL WINNING.”
Why Are The Churches Not Preaching The True Gospel To The Community?
- There aren’t a lot of churches around here that are doing SOUL WINNING.
- Many churches around here don’t know that means. “SOUL WINNING???”
- “What are you talking about? Soul Winning???”
- And look, that’s a very sad thing and that’s what’s wrong around here.
- No churches are going out to win souls to Jesus Christ.
- And lately, we’ve had a little trouble getting out there because every scheduled day is bad weather.
- But, you can know, that here at this Church WE WILL GO SOUL WINNING.
Today, we’re going to learn more about Soul Winning and how to get started.
- What is soul winning? Why do we do this? Why is this the NUMBER ONE good work you can do?
- Why do we preach on soul winning? What’s the BIG DEAL about Soul Winning?
- People might look at you funny when you tell them you’re going Soul Winning. What’s that?
- SOUL WINNING is a term that comes from the Bible in the Book of Proverbs.
 Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.
- And who is THE RIGHTEOUS which Proverbs talks about right here?
- The RIGHTEOUS are all people who are SAVED by the sacrifice Jesus Christ made.
- Righteous people aren’t people who think that they’re good.
- It’s not the people who think they’re BETTER than somebody else.
- The Bible tells us there are NONE GOOD but ONE and this is God.
 Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
- The righteous are people who have God’s RIGHTEOUSNESS imputed unto them.
- It doesn’t come from themselves. You can’t do enough good things to save yourself.
- It comes from God ONLY and it’s through the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ ONLY.
- If you’re SAVED today, and you truly understand what you have with ETERNAL LIFE, you want to share what you have.
- It’s an amazing gift from GOD ALMIGHTY, the creator of all things.
And when you share the GOSPEL of Jesus Christ, you share that GOOD NEWS.
- “The fruit of the righteous is a TREE OF LIFE.”
- When you share the Gospel and someone gets SAVED, you’re producing FRUIT.
- It’s the best type of fruit that you can EVER produce. We should spend our lives producing this fruit.
- Produce FRUIT after YOUR KIND. Are you a born again NEW CREATURE of God?
- Yes, you are. Then let’s go out and produce fruit for God. And it gets easier with experience.
- WINNING SOULS to Jesus Christ is saving people from ETERNAL HELL.
- There is NOTHING more important than that my friends.
- If you want to spread God’s love, SOUL WINNING is the WAY to do that. We must tell people the truth.
Getting People Saved???
Sometimes we talk about “GETTING PEOPLE SAVED.”
- Some Christians and other people think that’s weird. Oh, it’s not weird.
- Getting people saved is what I want most in this life. Why is that?
- Because that’s what God wants. He doesn’t want anyone to perish.
 Matthew 18:12-14 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? 13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray. 14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.
- I’ll tell you what. God sure left the 99 sheep and found me.
- And I am thankful for that. So look, we need to help God. We need to do what He asks us to do.
- I’m sure happy today that the SON OF GOD, Jesus Christ, did what HIS FATHER asked Him to do.
 John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
- Jesus Christ SEEKED AFTER the will of HIS FATHER.
- So look, today, Jesus Christ IS OUR SAVIOR but you need to thank God the Father for HIS WILL.
- Without HIS WILL, we’d all be in BIG TROUBLE today.
- And His will is that NONE SHOULD PERISH. That’s you. He wants everyone around here to be saved.
- That’s what HE wants. Is that going to happen? No, and it’s a very sad thing.
- But that’s why we’re here. And that’s why we need to get to work. We’re here to get people saved.
- It’s not for us. It’s for them. It’s because we don’t want ANYONE to go to eternal hell.
- “We EXIST to get people saved.” And saying this is BIBLICAL.
- It’s not weird. I want to show you from the Bible.
In the Bible, if you’re SAVED and married to an unsaved person, you shouldn’t leave them.
- You shouldn’t divorce them for that reason. EVER.
- If you’re saved and they’re willing to be with you, the Bible says to stick with them. Why?
- TO GET THEM SAVED!!! Getting them saved is what changes them. That’s the only thing.
- If you truly love someone, you’ll want them to be saved.
 1 Corinthians 7:16 For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?
- There’s all kinds of examples out there today of one spouse being saved and the other unsaved.
- And there’s all kinds of examples of this in the Bible too.
- So, if you’re not yet married MAKE SURE you marry a SAVED PERSON.
- If you’re already married and your spouse is unsaved, don’t give up on them.
- The Bible says “YOU CAN SAVE THEM.” But we know, it’s not you but you’re acting for God.
- It’s all through HIM, but I tell you what. God put you here for THAT REASON. To get people saved.
- Understand that TODAY. You have a great purpose in this life and it’s of ETERNAL significance.
- Your job is to get people saved. And it doesn’t cost you anything but some time.
“Might Save Some Of Them”
Some people will say that you’re prideful and arrogant if you think you’re getting people saved.
- Well, guess what? It’s a biblical term that is used all throughout the Bible.
- The Apostle Paul says this in Romans Chapter 11 verse 14.
 Romans 11:13-14 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: 14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
- And then the Apostle Paul says this when speaking about the Jews in 1 Thessalonians 2:16
 1 Thessalonians 2:16 Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.
- Speaking to people and giving them the Gospel is helping to get those people SAVED.
- THE HUGE MAJORITY of churches around here won’t do this today.
- I couldn’t even find one in Shelby County that does this. The closest I found was Vision Valley Baptist Church in Mount Washington, Kentucky.
- There are hundreds upon hundreds of churches from here to there. 45 minutes from here.
- Only church I find that goes out into the community and preaches the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ.
- That’s sad. We need help in this area. And we’ve got a handful of people here that preach the Gospel.
- So look, you might see me as a PREACHER but let me tell you what: “YOU’RE A PREACHER TOO.”
 Romans 10:13-15 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
- That’s talking about you right there. Don’t you want to be seen by God as a beautiful creation?
- When you go out Soul Winning, that’s what He sees.
- “How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the GOSPEL OF PEACE, and bring GLAD TIDINGS of GOOD THINGS!!!”
- I love Soul Winning because I understand I am bringing GLAD TIDINGS of GOOD THINGS to people.
- Most people won’t see it that way, but there are a few who will see it and will be saved.
- When you give someone the Gospel and they believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, you SAVED them.
- You didn’t go to the cross and die for them. Jesus did that. But you helped them to see the truth.
- You can say: “Hey, I got that person saved.” The Bible uses these same words so it’s fine to say that.
Getting someone SAVED takes 2 PEOPLE.
- I want you to see this today. We go Soul Winning in teams of two and one is a silent partner.
- But it doesn’t have to be two of us. It can be just one of us at any time.
- The other person is GOD ALMIGHTY HIMSELF. He MUST be there in order to get someone saved.
- The Holy Spirit is the other person. He MUST be there in order for someone to be saved.
- Jesus isn’t out here going door to door with us PHYSICALLY. He isn’t knocking on those doors.
- He’s given us this job to do. He came to save us. He did His job. Now it’s our turn.
 Titus 1:3 But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;
- He’s committed this VERY IMPORTANT job to us. Are we going to do it OR not?
- You can’t get around this COMMANDMENT directly from Jesus Christ HIMSELF.
 Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
- Some dispensationalists will say: “That’s another time period. That’s not for us.”
- Get real is what I say. The whole Bible is written to us.
- Jesus said, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to EVERY CREATURE.”
- He didn’t say some. He said EVERYONE.
- Hey, you’re saved. PRAISE GOD for that today. You have a light shining within you now.
- Do you understand that today? You are the light of this world. Jesus is in heaven. He gave it to you.
- He passed on the light to you. Now, what are you going to do with it.
 Matthew 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
- Hey, look, your light cannot be hid. Your light cannot be put out.
- But, YES, you need Jesus with you to get people saved. Understand that.
- Without Jesus with you, you can’t get anyone saved.
 John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
- So we need Jesus with us. We have the Spirit of Jesus, but we need the Holy Spirit convincing the person we’re talking with that we’re telling them the truth.
- The words of the Bible are truth. That’s why we use the Bible and show them these words.
- And once you have these words, you have MUCH MORE than Moses had with that little stick.
- That little stick that Moses had parted a HUGE SEA and brought the MOST POWERFUL nation on Earth to its knees!
You Have The Word Of God With You
You have the WORD OF GOD right here. It’s much more than that stick Moses had.
- So once you understand what you have with the Bible, you should be ready.
- You should be like the Apostle Paul who I absolutely love. He’s not afraid.
- He’s not scared to stand up for God. Here’s what Paul says in Romans Chapter 1.
 Romans 1:15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
- Paul is saying: “I AM READY!!! With everything I have inside of me, I AM READY to preach the Gospel.”
- Are you ready? I’m ready. It’s called team work, and this is called church.
- We’re here to encourage and to help and to teach and to follow God.
- If you’re nervous, you can be a silent partner and see how it’s done.
- When God gets a new SOUL WINNER, do you know how happy He is?
- Don’t you want to put a smile on God’s face? Because I guarantee that will do it.
ALL PRAISE AND ALL GLORY GOES TO GOD but we help get people saved.
- He’s counting on us. He needs us to preach the Gospel.
- He did it this way to see if we would do what He asks. He left us with a HELPER who is the Holy Spirit.
- Understand that GOD gets ALL THE CREDIT and I’m fine with that. God deserves all of that.
- But we’re here to work for Him. And I guarantee He will reward you.
 1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
- In other words, you can’t even imagine what God has in store for SOUL WINNERS.
- When you go out soul winning, you’re telling God you love Him and you’re obeying Him.
- When you get rejected and laughed at and you head right over to the next door, God smiles even bigger.
- “That’s my people right there!!!” God says to everyone in heaven when that happens.
- “Watch this. They’re still going. Been rejected 100 times today but there’s one more door.”
- And that’s the one that made the 100 rejections worth it all.
- 1 person gets saved and there’s a party in heaven. Without a preacher, that wouldn’t have happened.
Without God, this couldn’t have happened. So look, this is a TEAM EFFORT all the way around.
- From heaven to you to me to all of you, this is a team effort.
- GOD and MAN uses a team effort to get more people saved.
- Every single person in heaven today and that will be in heaven were saved through PREACHING.
- I want you to see this today. If people don’t hear the PREACHING, they won’t be saved.
- And again, preaching isn’t just something that we do here in Church. It should all the time in our life.
 1 Corinthians 1:18-21 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
- So, what SAVES people? Do you see that in verse 21 right there.
- God is pleased by the foolishness of preaching to SAVE THEM THAT BELIEVE.
- And what kind of preaching gets people SAVED? Look right there at the beginning of verse 18.
- It’s the preaching of the cross. It’s the sacrifice that Jesus made for you and for I and for all.
- Preaching the cross is not foolishness but to those who won’t believe.
- For those of us who believe IT IS THE POWER OF GOD.
- Most people are going to think we’re foolish when we preach the Gospel to them.
- But a few are going to be saved and they’ll see the POWER OF GOD.
- So again, preaching is the CHOSEN METHOD that God has chosen to get people saved.
God Chose Preaching To Save People
People from all ages and times throughout the history of the world have wanted other ways to be saved.
- God chose preaching. Preaching the Gospel is what pleases God.
- Other people, though, they want to do it a different way. They don’t like God’s way.
 1 Corinthians 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
- Some people will say: “Well, I need a sign in order to believe God. I need a miracle. Then I’ll believe.”
- And others will say: “You need to prove this to me logically that God exists. Then I’ll believe.”
- Others will say: “Well, I believe in science. I require evidence.”
- And what’s silly is the evidence is all around them. Just open your eyes and you’ll see.
- Look in the mirror and you’ll see the evidence of God. You’re created in HIS IMAGE.
- But look, God chose PREACHING to save people. Not miracles. Not signs. Not evidence. Not logic.
 1 Corinthians 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
- Do you see this today? We get people saved through PREACHING the GOSPEL.
- Moses did miracles. People didn’t believe Moses. Jesus did miracles. People didn’t believe Jesus.
- God chose preaching and preaching is all we need to get people saved. It’s free. It costs nothing.
 1 Corinthians 1:24-25 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
- In other words, God knows better than all of us.
- He chose preaching. He chose you. He gave you everything you need to get people saved.
- Other people will think they know better ways BUT God chose preaching.
- It doesn’t matter who it is, PREACHING THE CROSS is what SAVES PEOPLE.
- I want to continue there in 1 Corinthians Chapter 1 because I love this next part and you will too.
- God’s talking to you today through HIS WORDS. So hear this today.
 1 Corinthians 1:26-29 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
- Hey, take a look at whose going out doing the Soul Winning and preaching God’s Word.
- We aren’t the mightiest of people. We aren’t the smartest of people.
- I’m sure not the prettiest. I’m definitely not the greatest speaker around.
- Hey, God’s called us and chosen us to CONFOUND the mighty. The children of Israel weren’t the greatest.
- They took on people MUCH MIGHTIER than they. And they utterly DESTROYED them.
- People will instead say: “Hey, look at Josh. He’s getting people saved. That MUST be God. It sure ain’t Josh.” And look, I’m perfectly fine and perfectly happy with that.
God Gets All The Glory For Winning Souls
GOD GETS THE GLORY. I don’t want the glory because I don’t deserve glory. GOD DESERVES THE GLORY.
- If you don’t think you would be good at Soul Winning, I would say you’ll be one of the best.
- That’s what God does. And you’ll see what He does. Just watch.
- God uses people like us to get things done FOR HIM. I’m just not a talker.
- But one thing I’m not is scared or fearful. So I’ll do what God asks me to do.
- And I love to give the Gospel of Jesus Christ to people. Why? Because they are worth the time and effort.
- The best thing we can ever do for people is to give them the GOSPEL. Nothing else compares.
We MUST multiply so we can get the Gospel out to more people.
- That’s the sole goal of this CHURCH is to get people saved.
- The next goal is to teach you the Bible so you know how to follow and obey GOD.
- But the first step is to get people saved. And it’s tough to do when there’s not many of us.
 Luke 14:21-23 So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind. 22 And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room. 23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.
- God wants HEAVEN FILLED. He says to go out and find them. Don’t wait for them to find you.
- GET OUT THERE AND FIND THEM. And then, let’s multiply SOUL WINNERS.
- Let’s go out and find more. That’s what we need to do here.
- But, we’ll only succeed with God’s HELP. He must be with us.
- And there MUST be people around here who want to BE SAVED. God doesn’t make them believe.
 Acts 5:42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.
- We need to be teaching and preaching Jesus Christ DAILY.
- We need to NEVER STOP preaching and teaching Jesus Christ.
- And we need help. DAILY IN MY HOUSE, we read, learn, and teach the Bible.
- My family here helps each other to learn. The children teach me things.
- My wife sees things that I don’t see. I see things they don’t see. We work together and learn.
- But we need to be getting this out to MORE PEOPLE than just us.
- Other churches have CEASED to go out and teach and preach. Let’s not be like that.
- Let’s follow that verse on the screen right there.
So, we need to multiply and we need to grow so we can teach others about SOUL WINNING.
- People are different. Some people will clash with different personalities.
- Some people won’t like me when they see me. Some people won’t like you when they see you.
- But others will fit your personality perfectly. That’s why we need different people going.
- We need to have all different types of people. Some people won’t like loud people.
- Some people will like people who are more quiet. They’ll listen to them better than others.
When we hit better weather, we MUST be going out Soul Winning more and more.
- Hey, I want to win souls to Jesus Christ. I don’t care about all this other stuff in the world.
- If you’re reading your Bible a couple hours each day, and you’re listening to the sermons here:
- YOU WILL KNOW THE BIBLE. And you won’t have any issues winning Souls to Jesus Christ.
- Soon, I’m going to give a sermon on HOW TO PRESENT THE GOSPEL.
- This sermon is understanding how to get started and why to get started.
- The first thing you should do is get out there and be a silent partner and learn how it’s done.
- If you want to follow God, you MUST become a SOUL WINNER.
- And this church will be known as a soul winning church. That’s the whole point.
- We don’t wait for people to come. We go out and find those people.
How Do You Get Started With Soul Winning?
So, how do you get started with Soul Winning?
- First, you become a silent partner and learn.
- What do you need to do to prepare to be a silent partner?
- Nothing. Just show up here when we go Soul Winning. Go out with us.
- The only requirement to be a silent partner is for you to be alive. That’s it.
- The best way to learn Soul Winning is to just get out there and do it.
Maybe you’re scared. Maybe you think you’ll run into somebody who knows more than you.
- Hey, there’s a slim chance in that around here. Let me tell you that.
- Nobody reads their Bible around here. Even church people don’t read and understand it.
- How do I know that? BECAUSE I was one of those “CHURCH” people.
- If you read the Bible for 10-minutes a day, you’re doing it more than 99% of people around here.
- You’ll know what you need to know, and GOD WILL BE WITH YOU. Don’t be scared.
- Once you get out there and start knocking on the doors, it won’t scare you any more.
So, also, it’s not just about Soul Winning DOOR TO DOOR. It’s everybody you come into contact with.
- You have to learn how to bring up the subject of Church or God.
- You don’t have to be pushy. Just let it come up naturally when you’re talking.
- If you don’t have your Bible with you, you should know the verses you use for Soul Winning.
- I’ve revised mine as we’ve been Soul Winning more and more.
- We MUST memorize our verses. And I’ll give you the verses I use right now.
- I put my ribbon marker at Romans 3:10. I have my finger in the Bible when I walk up to a door.
- After the introduction, I ask them if I can show them how to be saved according to the Bible.
- Romans 3:10
- Revelation 21:8
- Romans 5:8
- 1 Peter 2:24
- 1 John 2:2
- John 3:16
- John 10:28
- John 6:47
- Matthew 7:13-14
- Matthew 7:21-23
- Ephesians 2:8-9
- Acts 8:35-37
- If you recognize these verses, you’ll see how I’m stepping through the Gospel.
- I explain that BELEIVING on the Lord Jesus Christ is all it takes to be saved.
- I choose multiple verses that tell the person that. I want to show them more than one.
- I want to drill that TRUTH into them because around here YOU WON’T FIND THAT TRUTH.
And then notice at the end that I want to show them that it’s a GIFT God wants to give you today.
- I ask: “Would you like to accept this gift today?”
- “Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
- If you get to that point, say a prayer with them. Let them repeat the words with you.
- And notice the last verse I have there is about being baptized.
- If you make it to that point, you’re doing great. Baptism is the first good work you can do.
- Being baptized is saying: “Hey, I want to follow God. I want to do what He says.”
Do Some Work And Find The Scriptures You Want To Use
You need to get the verses you want to use, and get those memorized in order.
- Always use the Bible to show people if possible BUT IF NOT, you’ll have it all memorized.
- If you’re SOUL WINNING often, you will have the verses memorized naturally after some time.
- You don’t want to miss an opportunity to win someone to Jesus Christ because you don’t have your Bible.
- So work on memorizing the verses you want to use.
- You can personalize all the verses to your style. If you think something works better for you, USE IT.
 2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
- The verses I use aren’t better than the verses you might use.
- The verses I use are the ones I like best and the order of them works good for me.
- Once you have the verses you want, mark them in your Bible.
- At the end of each verse, write the next verse you want to go to.
- Then you have the chain of verses in your Bible. Write little notes that might help you next to the verses.
- Once you have that down, you’re ready to start being the TALKER.
- You don’t have to be a silent partner. If you’re ready to go, go for it. God will help you.
Now, let’s talk about the hardest parts of Soul Winning.
- The most difficult part of SOUL WINNING is 1) the introduction and 2) the closing.
- So, I’m not going to focus on the MEAT of the Soul Winning with the verses and presentation of the Gospel.
- You can practice those and get those down.
- We’ll go over those during another sermon but not today.
- We’ll also go over closing in another sermon but not today.
So, let’s talk about how to start the conversation or bring up the topic when you’re alone with someone OR when you’re out SOUL WINNING.
- This is one of the toughest parts of Soul Winning so get past this on you’re on your way to getting someone saved.
- You don’t want it to be awkward or just out of nowhere when you start or anything like that.
- So, how do you do it? We have to get better at getting into this so it’s more natural feeling.
- Door to door soul winning is similar to talking to a friend, co-worker, or family member.
- You want to start off nice and kind and bring it up naturally.
When you go to a door, you want to knock on the door. Not the doorbell.
- But you don’t want to knock really loud like you’re knocking down the door.
- BAM, BAM, BAM, POLICE!!! OPEN UP!!! Just be firm but not like the police.
- Think about a friendly knock. You don’t want to startle somebody. You don’t want to start off bad.
- Always keep in mind YOUR GOAL. Even if somebody else starts out ANGRY.
- You can still get them saved by the way you respond to them. Be kind.
Smile, Be Happy, Have Some Energy
I’m guilty of this because I’m still trying to get better too, but we need to smile and be happy.
- Sometimes when you’re nervous you might not be smiling. Think about smiling. Be happy.
- Don’t be nervous. The worst that can happen is getting the door slammed in your face.
- “GET OUT OF HERE. I DON’T NEED GOD!!! I already know JESUS. Leave me alone.”
- Hey, it’s going to happen so just get over it. Don’t be nervous. You might seem rude to the person.
- Be happy, get a soul saved, smile. You’re bringing good news!!! Understand what you have.
- Act like a friend. Act like you care because you wouldn’t be there if you didn’t care. Right?
- No fake smiles. Be happy and joyful. That’s what we all need ANYWAY.
 Nehemiah 8:10 Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
- Act like that SOUL WINNING DAY is HOLY UNTO THE LORD. Because that’s true.
- “FOR THE JOY OF THE LORD IS YOUR STRENGTH.” Always keep that in mind.
- So, we need to be happy about going SOUL WINNING. You’ve got a chance to cause a party in heaven.
- People can sense if you’re genuine or not. Do you truly care, or are you just doing it because you know you should.
- That first impression is very important. A smile is the best thing you can do.
The next thing you should do after a quick introduction and smile is let them know exactly why you’re there.
- I always give them the invitation to Church and ask them if they already go to church anywhere.
- This is what I do immediately as people want to know what you want.
- They have no idea why you’re there. So let them know immediately.
- “Hello (with a smile) I’m Josh and this is Pam and we’re from True Words Christian Church in Shelbyville.”
- “We wanted to give you this invitation to Church and see if you already go to Church anywhere.”
- And look, this works every time because it breaks the tension.
- Then they immediately know why you’re there.
If they answer yes to the church question, you can ask them where they go to Church.
- Or, you can say: “So, you’re a Christian too.” This gives you some common ground with those people.
- If you find out where they go to church, this can help you to get them saved.
- For example, you’ll understand that most churches in this area are works based salvation.
- Not all of them but MOST OF THEM around teach a false GOSPEL and have gone in the way of Cain.
And then you can say: “Well, church is important BUT there’s something more important than Church and this is the reason I come to you today.”
- The most important thing is to know 100% for sure that you’re going to heaven.
- If you died today, are you 100% sure that you’re going to heaven?
- “Pretty sure” isn’t 100% sure. “Yeah, I think so” isn’t 100% sure.
- “I’m a pretty good person” definitely isn’t.
- The only 100% sure person is one who goes: “YES, I AM SAVED BY JESUS CHRIST ALONE and I believe on Him to save me.”
- If they aren’t 100% sure, then ask them if you can show them WITH THE BIBLE how you can be sure.
- “Can I show you what the Bible says about how you can be 100% sure you’re going to heaven?”
Can I Show You What The Bible Says?
If they say YES, you’re in! That’s what you want. If they say NO, don’t leave just yet.
- Be kind. Say, “Okay, no problem. I want to leave you with just one quick verse from the Bible.”
- In John 6:47, Jesus Christ HIMSELF says: “Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on me hath everlasting life.”
- So all you have to do to be sure you’re going to heaven is to put all your trust and confidence on Jesus Christ to save you, and He’ll save you AT THE MOMENT you believe on Him as your Savior.
- Jesus doesn’t say you have to go to church, live a good life, be baptized, read the Bible. He says all you have to do to be saved is BELIEVE ON HIM.
- And if they seem interested, say: “Hey, are you sure you don’t have a few minutes to go through this?”
No matter the response you get, BE KIND. Why? Because you might get another chance with those same people.
- You might see them again. You might be back to their home in the future.
- They might remember you when you see them out somewhere. You never know.
- If they treat you bad and you’re kind in return, that might help change their mind.
- So, do your best to try get the Gospel into people BUT don’t waste your time either.
- If they don’t want to listen, leave them with the one verse and a quick explanation.
- If they still aren’t interested, tell them thanks for their time and get out of there.
- This isn’t difficult. You’ll see. It gets easier and easier.
- Sometimes you’ll run into very angry people. It doesn’t matter what you say. “Get out of here!!!”
- You will run into those people. So get ready for that. But you’ll also run into very nice people.
If we go back in time to when you ask the question: “Are you 100% sure you’re going to heaven?”
- If they say, “YES, I am 100% sure.” Then say, “What do you believe it takes to get to heaven?”
- And always try to say everything in a very nice way.
- Try not to make it sound like you’re questioning them on everything.
- “Could I ask what you believe it takes to get to heaven?”
 Colossians 4:5-6 Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time. 6 Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
Just because someone says they know for sure, it doesn’t mean they have it right.
- Some of them might say, “I’m a good person. I help people. I feed people. I love people.”
- Some of them might say, “I’m going to heaven because I take care of stray cats. I’m good.”
- Everybody has a different definition of GOOD in this world.
- But the Bible says there are “NONE GOOD.” Most people think it’s their goodness, though.
- Or, a lot of people will say that it’s God’s decision on whether I make it or not.
- I used to say that in the past. I didn’t know. Now I know.
Some people might say: “Yeah, I’ve been baptized. I’m going to heaven.”
- Or they might say: “Repent of your sins and ask for forgiveness every day.”
- “My husband is a pastor.” A lady told me that a few months ago. I still tried. She said, “I know.”
- But the truth is, I could tell, she didn’t know. She was probably embarrassed that she didn’t know.
A Personal Relationship Doesn’t Save You
One of my friends said: “Yeah, it’s the personal relationship with Jesus that saves you.”
- And I said: “Yes, it’s great to have a relationship with Jesus. But Jesus said in John 3:16 that whosoever BELIEVETH in Him should not perish but HAVE everlasting life.”
- So, the truth from Jesus says it’s YOUR BELIVING on HIM that saves you. And it happens in a moment.
- And then you’re saved. YOU HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE.
- We say everything with kindness and see if people will let you show them verses in the Bible.
- Just say: “Can I show you some verses in the Bible so we know for sure what’s right?”
- Remember, the Bible is the authority and has all the power.
 John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
 Luke 4:32 And they were astonished at his doctrine: for his word was with power.
If someone gets the question right, they’re SAVED.
- If they say it’s BELIEVING ON HIM and you’re saved. They’re right.
- If they say it’s through faith alone. They’re right.
- If they say it’s by HIS grace through faith, they’re right.
- If they say it’s all JESUS and nothing of myself, they’re right.
- It’s not of works. They’re right.
But don’t stop there. Ask them if there’s anything they can do to lose their salvation.
- Because this is where many people will say YES.
- They say it’s Jesus alone and then they believe they can lose it too.
- This is where you can teach them something and help them in that area.
- Make sure they understand they have ETERNAL LIFE.
- Because in this area, you MIGHT not find many people that believe in EVERLASTING LIFE.
- There’s always something you can do to lose it. That’s what preachers teach in this area.
So, if they get everything right, then they’re saved. They understand SALVATION.
- And I’ve only ran into THREE people in this area that understand SALVATION.
- They were all Baptist. And they weren’t from the so-called Southern Baptist in this area.
- And 2 of them were 75+ years old and the other was a 50 year old man.
If they get it all right, and they’re saved, let them know HOW HAPPY YOU ARE. I love meeting those people.
- They will be in heaven one day. Maybe they’ll remember you if you don’t see them again.
- Talk to them about their current church and if they’re learning anything.
- If they are, that’s great. Let them know you’ll see them in heaven one day.
- They might be looking for a church. Make sure they know where we’re located and the service times.
- Maybe they’ll change their mind and come see us. GREAT TO MEET YOU!!! Be happy. Rejoice.
- Isn’t it awesome to find a SAVED person!!! But is it the majority? No.
- Matches perfectly with what Jesus said.
- Then you let that saved person SEE that you’re out SOUL WINNING.
- That older woman who was saved told me: “Well, I hope you can reach people.”
- I could tell she’s just given up on that. We can’t give up. We MUST keep going.
Let’s go back in time again to the point in which you ask somebody the question: “Are you sure you’re going to heaven?”
- If the person says, “No, I have no idea.” Or, “Well, it’s been a long time since I’ve been to church.”
- Or anything similar to that. This means they might be willing to listen.
- Just ask them if you could show them how to make it to heaven with the Bible. The authority.
Don’t Give Up Too Early
If the person isn’t a Christian, or says they don’t believe in heaven or God, this takes you down a different path.
- You don’t want to just give up there. These people need to be saved too.
- You can tell them exactly what you’re doing. Say: “We’re showing people how they can make it to heaven using the Bible. It takes about 10 minutes. Could I show you?”
- If they say, “No, I don’t believe in God.”
- Say: “Are you sure? I don’t believe in some things, but I still like to learn about it.”
- “You might learn something very useful today or maybe later in your life if you change your mind.”
- “Let’s pretend for a few minutes that the Bible is true.”
- “Would you let me show you what it says and then you can decide if you believe it or not afterwards?”
If they decline again, leave them with the one verse from the Bible and explain it quickly.
- Hey, look, this stuff works. Other people have been doing this for decades.
- This works on Atheists and people who don’t believe the Bible.
- When you start reading them the verses, they might start objecting and saying they don’t believe that.
- And you say, “Yeah, but remember, we’re pretending the Bible is true.”
- So look, what has the power? The WORD OF GOD has the power. You want them to see these words.
- So, we do whatever we need to do to be able to show people these words.
- All you have to do is say, “Remember, we’re pretending it’s true for now.”
When you’re talking to people when you aren’t knocking on doors, you can use these same methods.
- But, how do you get the conversation started?
- If it’s someone you know, you could say: “Do you go to church anywhere?”
- You can always move the conversation towards church. That’s how you get it started.
- If you don’t know the person very well, you can start out with saying: “Do you live close around here?”
- “Do you work around here close?” Anything like that. Learn more about the person.
- Then move the conversation to church. “Hey, do you go to church?”
- Then you can say, “Oh yeah, where do you go? Or, have you ever went to church? Did you stop going?”
- You can continue the conversation like that. “But more important than church is knowing if you’re going to heaven. Do you know for sure if you’re going to heaven?”
- “Have you ever thought about where you’re going when you die?”
People Riding In A Car With You Are Trapped!
Tell people how to make it to heaven. If you’re riding in the car with someone, start the conversation.
- Do it the same way you do when you’re soul winning.
- Don’t make it a debate or an argument or anything like that. Lead the conversation.
- Just like during Soul Winning. Take the lead.
- PREACH THE GOSPEL as much as you can. Preaching is speaking the WORD OF GOD.
- That means we all become preachers constantly in our life.
 Isaiah 61:1-3 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; 2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; 3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.
- That Scripture right there is talking about you.
- The SPIRIT of the LORD GOD is upon you. The Lord has appointed YOU to preach GOOD TIDINGS!
- Hey, you’ve got good news to bring to all around you.
- When you understand that you have GOOD NEWS, when you know that YOU HAVE eternal life:
- This means YOU NEED to get it out to others. You don’t keep good news to yourself.
- YOU NEED TO GET IT OUT.
 1 Corinthians 9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
- So, it’s your time to become a preacher of the GOSPEL.
- God needs you to preach the Gospel. He has chosen you to be a preacher of the GOSPEL.
- Paul says, “WOE UNTO ME IF I PREACH NOT THE GOSPEL.”
- You don’t want to look down into hell one day and see people that you could have helped save.
- Soon, we’re going to go over presenting the Gospel and closing out the presentation.