- Sermon Slides for Sermon How To Win Souls To Jesus Christ: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon How To Win Souls To Jesus Christ: PDF
 The title of the sermon today is: “How to Win Souls To Jesus.”
 Introduction: Why Win Souls To Jesus?
- I want to first look at Revelation Chapter 2 starting in verse 1.
- This is Jesus speaking here, and He’s giving a message to the Church at Ephesus.
- This was a literal church in Asia at the time of John writing the Book of Revelation.
 Revelation 2:1-4 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; 2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars: 3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name’s sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted. 4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
- So Jesus tells us He has something against this church because they have left their first love.
- The Church at Ephesus is filled with people who are saved, but no church is perfect.
- But we should take this message, understand it, and make sure we’re not making the same mistakes.
- Jesus tells them that they’ve left their first love. What is the first love of a church?
- Jesus tells them later to repent and do the first works. So, what is the first love and first works?
- Let’s look to the end of the Book of Matthew. Chapter 28 starting in verse 18.
 Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
- Jesus says to go out and teach and baptize.
- So, we’re supposed to be teaching others about Jesus Christ who is our first love.
- The first works are teaching others about our first love, Jesus Christ.
- When you become a Christian, you become a Christian only through Jesus Christ alone.
- He is the first love and we need to be doing what He commands us to do.
 Promises And Warnings From The Bible About Winning Souls To Jesus
- Our job is to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to warn people about what may happen to them when they die if they do not know the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
 Acts 20:31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.
- Why was Paul warning people day and night with tears.
- Because He truly loves those people and he knew what would happen when they went to hell.
- He knew, and he didn’t want them going to hell.
 Psalm 126:5-6 They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. 6 He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.
- The sheaves are the saved people, the precious seed that you bring with you when you go out and preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
 Proverbs 10:5 He that gathereth in summer is a wise son: but he that sleepeth in harvest is a son that causeth shame.
- There are many, many people around here that need Jesus.
- It’s our job to make sure they hear about Him. It’s the job of every Church to do the first works.
- It’s harvest time. The Bible says he that sleepeth through the harvest is a shame.
- I don’t want to be a shame to God whose given me everything.
 Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.
- I want to be wise. So I’m going to go out and win some souls to Jesus.
 Daniel 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
- We should want to be the bright light in this world for Jesus. He died for you and I.
- Let’s do what He asks us to do. Let’s say we choose not to do what He says. Let’s hear this warning.
 Ezekiel 3:18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
- The blood of the people we are not warning will be on our hands.
- We don’t want their blood on our hands.
- We don’t want to see them in hell because we know and understand hell. It’s not a good place.
 Matthew 4:19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
 Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
 Luke 14:23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.
- Jesus is talking about heaven in that verse. God wants heaven to be filled. He doesn’t want it empty.
- Are we helping to do that or not? Here, we’re going to do the best we can to fill heaven.
 Luke 15:10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.
 Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
- Jesus came to save that which was lost. He left us here with the Holy Spirit to do the same.
- And Jesus Himself says we will do greater works than Him because He is going to His Father.
 John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
- What does that mean that we will do GREATER works than Jesus Himself?
- You might say: that’s not possible. Look, Jesus is talking about winning souls.
- We have more time to win souls to Jesus than Jesus had. He was only on Earth for about 33 years.
- There are more of us to go out and preach and teach than Jesus. This is what Jesus means in this verse.
- He came to save the lost. That’s our purpose too: to lead people to Jesus.
- Now that we’ve heard those verses, we should understand what the Bible is telling us to do.
- We need to go out and preach and teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Steps To Winning Souls To Jesus
- Let’s go step by step through the Gospel of Jesus Christ and how to win souls to Jesus.
- We all have to die one day. Death is certain. Over 151,000 people die each day and over 100 every minute.
- What do you think it takes to get to heaven?
- Most people think it’s their goodness that gets them to heaven.
- Most will say that they think they’re going to heaven because they are a good person.
- Let’s find out how to get to heaven.
- These are the same steps you’ll go through with others to win them to Jesus.
- But first, you MUST believe yourself.
 Step 1: We’re all sinners
-  Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
- Righteous means doing things right all the time. This means perfect and no one is perfect.
- Would you admit that you aren’t perfect?
-  Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
- The Bible says all have sinned. I have sinned and continue to sin in my life so I am definitely not good.
- Sin is doing something against God’s rules for us.
 Step 2: Penalty for Sin
- Punished by parents for breaking their rules.
- Punished by the law for breaking laws (speeding).
- There’s a penalty for breaking God’s laws.
-  Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
-  Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- The penalty for sin is death.
- We go to 1 of 2 destinations for eternity: heaven or hell.
- Hell is a place of eternal fire, burning, torment, etc.
-  Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
- Lots of bad things in that list but all liars are also included.
- One lie makes you a liar and one murder makes you a murderer.
- We deserve to go to hell according to the Bible because we’ve all lied. And we’ve done more than that.
- This is the bad news BUT I didn’t come to bring bad news BUT to bring GOOD NEWS!
 Step 3: God Wants Us to Go to Heaven
- Do you think God wants us to go to heaven or hell? God wants you in heaven.
- God doesn’t just say He loves you. He proves it by giving Himself up for you.
-  Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
- Jesus Christ is God in the flesh and that means He came to Earth just like you and I are here today.
- Jesus took the punishment for all of our sins (mine and yours) and paid that penalty that we deserve.
 Step 4: The Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Jesus is the Son of God who was conceived of the Holy Spirit.
- He was born of a virgin.
- He lived a sinless and perfect life. He never did anything wrong. He never even had a foolish thought.
- Jesus proved He is the Son of God.
- He healed the lame, the blind, the sick, and the deaf. He walked on water.
- Jesus was arrested, put on trial, and accused of many things that He didn’t do.
- Jesus was sentenced to death even though He did nothing wrong.
- Jesus died on the cross so He could become a sacrifice for all sins of all time.
- This means your sins and my sins (past, present, and future).
-  1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation (Jesus forgives us) for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
- Jesus took all your sins (past, present, future) and placed them upon Himself.
- Jesus paid the penalty for all of our sins (not just some of them but all of them).
- After Jesus died on the cross, His body was buried in a tomb and His soul went to hell.
-  Acts 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
- On the 3rd day, Jesus arose from the dead in His body. This is the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- He showed that He is the only one with power over death and hell.
- People witnessed Him dying on the cross, being buried, and witnesses saw Him after He arose.
- He stayed on Earth for 40 days after His resurrection. He appeared to over 500 witnesses at once.
- Jesus ate and drank in His resurrected body.
- At the end of 40 days, Jesus ascended into heaven and witnesses watched this happen too.
- Jesus is now in heaven sitting on the right hand of God the Father.
 Step 5: Most People Aren’t Going To Heaven
- Jesus died for everyone but the Bible tells us most people aren’t going to heaven.
- There’s something we must do in order to make it to heaven, and it’s not difficult.
-  Matthew 7:13-14 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
 Step 6: “What Must I Do To Be Saved?”
- If you understand how bad hell is and how great heaven is, you’ll want to know how to get to heaven.
- The Bible answers this question directly: “What must I do to be saved?” Let me show it to you.
-  Acts 16:30-31 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
- Does that say be a good person and you will be saved?
- Does that say repent of your sins to be saved?
- Does that say go to church to be saved? Or be baptized to be saved?
- No, it simply says to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to save you, and you shall be saved.
- The entire Bible says this too. This isn’t the only verse. There are hundreds.
- Does it sound difficult to be saved? Does it take hard work? Sounds pretty easy, right?
- All you do is believe with all your heart that Jesus is the Son of God and trust Him to save you right now.
- All you have to do is change your mind and believe. It takes no work on your part at all.
- So, if I died and went to hell without ever believing on Jesus, would that be my fault or God’s?
- God is trying to save you and simply wants you to believe what He says and what He’s done for you.
- God wants to forgive you of all your sin (past, present, and future).
 Step 7: Jesus Christ is Lord
- Notice the Bible calls Jesus Christ Lord. Do you believe Jesus is the Son of God and is God?
- If I showed you where the Bible calls Jesus God, would you believe then?
-  Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
- The Bible calls Jesus God over and over again.
-  John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
-  Revelation 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
- The Bible says there are 3 that bear record in heaven.
-  1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
- This simply means that there are 3 that make up God. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Each are distinct and different but each are fully God and together are God.
- It’s important for people to understand God and how God is 3 persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- Why are there 3? One very important reason is because they are witnesses to each other.
- Without witnesses, the truth cannot be proven.
-  Matthew 18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
-  John 5:31-32 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. 32 There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.
- For example, I am speaking with you right now. Let’s say you said that I never came and spoke today and I said that I did come and speak today.
- A 3rd witness that tells the truth would be able to establish that truth for us. Do you see that?
- The Bible says that Jesus Christ is God. Do you believe what the Bible says?
- So God, in the flesh, died for your sins. His body was buried. His soul went to hell.
- He arose from the dead in His body.
- And Jesus says all you have to do is believe on Him to be saved. Put your faith in Jesus to save you. Trust in Jesus with all your heart, and He will save you. Save you from what? From death in hell.
- What God says He will do, He will do. You can count on Him because He doesn’t lie.
-  Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
- Does this make sense so far?
 Step 8: “By Grace Are You Saved Through Faith”
-  Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
- Grace = you get something you don’t deserve. God is giving you something you don’t deserve.
- Faith = to believe. We are saved by God’s grace through faith in Jesus Christ to save us.
- Not of yourselves = means it’s not YOUR good works, YOUR baptism, YOUR church attendance.
- It’s not YOUR repenting of sin.
- If you asked me if I was going to heaven and I said, “Of course because I am a good person.”
- Wouldn’t you say I’m placing my faith in myself because I think I’m good?
- You wouldn’t say I placed my faith on Jesus and His goodness, right?
- If you asked me if I was going to heaven and I said, “Yes, I have repented of all my sin.”
- Again, this is me trusting in myself to do good works and to be a good person.
- But, I can never be good enough to earn the gift of eternal life because it’s eternal.
- I only live for approximately 100 years and that’s it.
- How can I do enough good to outweigh the bad and earn life that never ends? I can’t.
- Being as good as we can, sinning less, going to Church, and being baptized are all GREAT things to do.
- But none of those works will save us. But yes, we should do those once we are saved.
- Instead, we can ONLY put our faith on God who is sinless and has all power over life and death.
 Step 9: Being Saved Is The Gift Of God
-  Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
- This says being saved is the gift of God. Who pays for a gift?
- Is it the person receiving the gift or the person giving the gift? The person giving the gift pays.
- If I was going to give you a birthday gift, but I ask you to pay for it, would that be a gift? No.
- You don’t pay for this gift from God. God paid it through the sacrifice Jesus Christ already made.
- Jesus took all sins upon Himself and paid for that gift already. It’s finished and paid for.
- You can’t pay for it because it’s already paid for and finished.
- You don’t pay for it, and you can’t work to earn it in any way.
- You simply receive it freely by believing on Jesus Christ. That’s it. This is good news.
- If it depended on what we do, we wouldn’t make it.
 Step 10: Being Saved Is A One-Time Event
-  John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
- Just like you were born into this world on a certain day and time, you are saved in the same way.
- You didn’t work the first time to be born, and you don’t work for this new birth either.
- Once you believe on Jesus to save you, you are born again at an exact date and time. That could be now.
- Being born again means you are forgiven of all your sins (past, present, future) and you are saved.
- When you were born into this world, you have a dad and a mom and you can’t change your parents.
- Your birth dad and mom will always be your dad and mom.
- The same thing happens when you believe on Jesus. Your Father is now God, and you have a new family.
- You real dad and mom may have not been very good parents but God is a good, good Father.
- God will never leave you. Once you believe on Jesus, you’re a child of God. You’re a part of God’s family.
- Once you’re born into God’s family, this can never change just as you can’t change your dad and mom.
- It’s already finished. You can’t go back in time and change your dad and mom.
- And you can’t go back and change your new birth into God’s family either. It’s already done.
 Step 11: Eternal Life is Everlasting and Never Ends
-  John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
- God gave His Son because He loves us.
- Those who believeth in the Son of God shall HAVE everlasting life. Once you believe, you have it.
- If you believe right now, you have it right now.
- Does it ever end? How long does everlasting life last? Everlasting means forever.
- Everlasting life does not end, you cannot lose it, and it cannot be taken away because it’s everlasting.
-  1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
- If you could lose it, it wouldn’t be good news because I guarantee you we would lose it. We’re not perfect.
- God knows this. He already knows you’re going to mess up again. But He loves us anyway.
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the GOOD NEWS. Gospel means Good News.
- Let’s say you believe today with all your heart and in 10 years you do something really bad?
- Do you lose the eternal life that God gave you today? No, you can’t lose eternal life. You’ll be in heaven.
- Everlasting life is not temporary.
- Even if you stop believing in the future, that sin of unbelief is already forgiven.
- Because you’re saved, you should want to do what God wants. Remember, He is now your Father.
- If you do things against His rules, He can punish you in this life.
- He can also take away any rewards for good works that you’ve gained in heaven.
- So yes, you can live however you want and still go to heaven but God can make you miserable in this life.
- God says He will punish His children if they go against Him.
- If you love God and are thankful for the gift He gave you, you won’t want to hurt Him and go against Him.
- And I wouldn’t test God Almighty who is the creator of all things. It won’t turn out good.
 Step 12: You Are In God’s Hands Once You Believe
- Once you are born again, you can’t change your Father. God is your Father.
- You have a mom, right? If you moved across the world, would she still be your mom? Yes.
- What if you never talked to your mom? Would she still be your mom?
- What if you had a really, really bad relationship with her? Would she still be your mom?
- What if you don’t do what she asks? She’s still your mom. You can’t change that. Same thing with God.
-  John 10:25-30 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father’s name, they bear witness of me. 26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and my Father are one.
- All you need to change right now is to believe on Jesus Christ to save you, and you’re saved.
- You don’t have to do anything else to be saved. If you believe right now, you’re saved.
- Do you mind if I ask you some more questions? This is really to make sure I explained everything correctly.
 Step 13: Final Questions To Ask
- Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God?
- Do you understand that you’ve sinned and broken God’s laws?
- And you know that the penalty for sin is death?
- Do you believe that Jesus Christ died for ALL your sins?
- Do you believe that He was buried and arose from the dead?
- What do you think someone has to do to be saved?
- Would they need to do anything else but believe on the Lord Jesus Christ?
- If you believe on Jesus right now, how long will you be saved?
- Do you believe God lies to us?
- If I said I’m going to give you this Bible for eternity and come back in 10 days and take it back, what does that make me? A liar. That means I lied to you when I said you can have it forever.
- God cannot lie. He says He is giving you eternal life and that’s what He means.
- Do you believe that once you’re saved, you are saved forever and can’t lose it?
- If you do something really bad, can you lose eternal life?
- Remember, YOU cannot earn the gift of God and YOU cannot keep it. God keeps it for you.
 Step 14: The Best Time To Believe On Jesus Christ Is Now
- Do you know when you’re going to die? Of course not, right? But you do know it will happen one day.
- The best time to know 100% for sure that you’re going to heaven when you die is right now. Why wait?
- If you want something from someone, you would ask for it, right?
- If you want the gift of eternal life today, you would ask God for it, right?
- So, if it’s okay, let’s pray together and ask God for this gift. But, I only want to do this if you’re serious.
- I want to make sure you understand that it’s not this prayer that saves you but believing with all your heart that Jesus is your Savior. Trusting Jesus 100% to save you is what saves you.
- If you understand that, simply repeat after me this prayer. Does that sound good to you?
- Bow your head with me please.
 Step 15: Prayer To Receive This Gift
- Dear Jesus
- I know I’m a sinner.
- I understand that I deserve hell.
- I believe that you died and arose in your body.
- I’m putting all my faith in you to save me.
- I’m not trusting what I do to save me.
- Please save me right now Lord Jesus.
- Please give me eternal life right now.
- Thank you for sealing my soul with your Holy Spirit.
- Thank you for not counting sin to my soul.
 Step 16: Did You Mean What You Said?
- Did you mean all of the words you just spoke? Yes, then you’re saved.
- You now HAVE eternal life and it’s only through Jesus Christ. This is GREAT NEWS! Jesus is the Rock.
- You can trust Jesus with your life. He’s the only one that saves. You are now saved.
- Now that you’re saved, know that God has sealed your soul with the Holy Spirit against sin.
- You will mess up and sin in your flesh but it will not be counted to your soul.
- But don’t test God and sin purposely or go against Him purposely. Try your best to not sin.
- Try your best to get better and better at following God’s rules each day.
- But know if you mess up, it’s okay because God said so. Not me. You aren’t perfect. I’m not perfect.
- Each day you can choose to follow your desires or to walk in the Spirit and choose what God wants.
 Step 17: Good Works Get You Rewards In Heaven
- Now that you’re saved and Jesus is your foundation, good works will get you rewards in heaven. You can’t lose your salvation through the works you do BUT good works get you rewards.
- Keep in mind, though, that if you’re doing good works for YOURSELF, they aren’t good works.
-  1 Corinthians 3:11-15 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13 Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is. 14 If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
- You should want to do good in this life because of the great gift you now have from Your Creator.
- One of the first good works you can do is to be baptized. Jesus asks us to be baptized and that’s the only reason we do it. Jesus asks us to be baptized.
- If you want to be baptized at our church, just tell me now, text me, email me, or call me any time you want. Remember, a good work like baptism doesn’t save you. Faith in Jesus saves you.
- We have 3 services each week in which you can be baptized. We teach and preach from the Bible during those services and you can learn even more about God and what He wants.
- If I don’t see you at Church, can I keep in touch with you through email? I’ll send you emails each week with some Bible readings and teaching, how to read it, when to read, how to understand it.
- You can respond to any of those emails if you have any questions or need help with anything.
- Does that sound okay with you?
That’s it. You might spend 15 to 20 minutes talking with each person on average.
- Some might be quick and some you might need to spend an hour or two hours or three hours with.
- It’s worth the time.
- If someone doesn’t want to hear it, simply leave them. All you can do is try your best.
- Some people won’t want to hear it. Simply pray that God will change their mind.