The title of the sermon today is “JOHN CHAPTER 17.”
- Before we move to John Chapter 17, let’s go over a quick summary of John Chapter 16.
- Jesus continues to talk with His disciples in John Chapter 16.
- This discussion is taking place prior to the Passover in which Jesus will be crucified.
- Judas Iscariot is not present because he’s already went out to betray Jesus.
- Jesus warns the disciples that they will be persecuted.
 John 16:1-2 These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended. 2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
- Jesus is telling them all of these things so they aren’t surprised when they happen.
- And He tells them that the people will do these things because they do not know God.
- The disciples are sorrowful because Jesus is going away to His Father.
- But Jesus lets them know that it’s better for Him to go away. Why is that?
 John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
- When Jesus goes away, He sends “THE” Comforter who is the Holy Ghost.
- He’s trying to tell them that it’s better for Him to go away so the Spirit of God can come.
- The Holy Spirit can be with more of them at once. And Jesus is sending the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus continues and tells them that there’s many other things He needs to tell them.
- But they can’t bear them all right now. The Holy Spirit will come, though, and guide them into all truth.
- Jesus is going away, the disciples will have sorrow, but their sorrow will be turned into joy.
 John 16:24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
- Ask for anything in the name of Jesus, according to His will, and you shall receive.
- Jesus has been speaking to the disciples in proverbs or sayings that are harder to understand.
 John 16:25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.
- But Jesus speaks clearly to them as we near the end of John Chapter 16.
 John 16:28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.
- Now, that’s more clear to the disciples. Jesus came from His Father and into the world.
- He’s now going to leave the world and go to His Father.
 John 16:29-30 His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb. 30 Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.
- Jesus asks them, “DO YE NOW YOU BELIEVE?”
- We then learn at the very end of John Chapter 16 that the disciples will be scattered.
- They will soon leave Jesus alone, but He’s not alone because His Father is with Him.
- Why does Jesus tell the disciples all of these things? The very last verse tell us this.
 John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
- Jesus gives us His words so we can have peace and joy in Him.
- In this world, we will have tribulation. We will have troubles. We will have tough times.
- BE OF GOOD CHEER, THOUGH!!! Why? Because Jesus already won. He overcame the world.
- And with Jesus alone as your Savior, you’ve done the same thing.
- If you’ve believed on Jesus Christ, you now have everlasting life and things will only get better.
- Let’s start there in verse 1 of John Chapter 17.
 John 17:1-2 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
- Jesus lifts up His eyes to heaven. He does so because there’s someone else up there.
- He’s not alone. We just learned that in John Chapter 16.
- His Father is in heaven and Jesus is on earth at this time. Jesus speaks to His Father.
- “The hour is come. Glorify thy Son that thy Son may glorify thee.”
Why is Jesus going to allow Himself to be crucified? He’s doing this to glorify His Father in heaven.
- The hour is here. The time is here. His Father has given Him power over all flesh.
- God the Father gives people to Jesus and Jesus gives those people eternal life.
- Jesus alone has the power to give eternal life to all those who believe on Him.
- You MUST change your mind and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ alone to save you.
- It’s all Jesus for everlasting life, or it’s eternal damnation in hell.
Now, does God the Father give every person to Jesus and Jesus gives them eternal life?
- No, the Bible even tells us that most people aren’t going to believe on Jesus Christ.
- Most people are going to take the broad way that leadeth to destruction.
- A works based salvation in churches today are sending people to hell.
- If you think you have to be a good person to make it to heaven, you won’t make it.
- Jesus has the goodness that you need. You don’t have any goodness unless Jesus credits you with His.
God gives everyone chances to be saved, but many people reject God over and over again.
- God rejects many people, and He blinds them so they can’t believe. Why?
- Because He’s shown them who He is, and they still reject Him. So He rejects them.
- God the Father only gives those people to Jesus that will believe on Jesus to save them.
 John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
- You’ll get to know the only true God with eternal life. The true God is the only one that has it for you.
- You need to go to the right God so the right one can give you eternal life.
- And eternal life is only through the right Jesus within this Bible.
Many churches, religions, and denominations have made their own version of Jesus.
- That version of Jesus won’t save you. You need the ONLY TRUE GOD who is Jesus Christ.
- The other versions might be named Jesus, but they aren’t JESUS CHRIST.
- “THE” Jesus Christ is “THE” Savior. You can’t believe on the wrong Jesus and get eternal life.
- God the Father sent the TRUE JESUS CHRIST to save you. Believe on Jesus Christ and be saved.
- You know you have the right one when you read the actual Bible to find the right one.
 John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
- At this point in the life of Jesus on earth, Jesus has glorified His Father by doing everything He asked.
- Jesus says, “I’ve finished the work that you gave me to do.”
- Obviously, not everything is finished that needed to happen.
- But the work that His Father gave Him to do to this point was completed perfectly by Jesus.
- Jesus must be betrayed by Judas Iscariot. Jesus must be accused and crucified on the cross.
- Jesus must die on the cross. His soul must go to hell as the sacrifice for our sins.
- His body must be buried in the sepulchre or tomb. Jesus must arise from the dead.
- He must be seen of witnesses. He must appear to the disciples. He must tell them what to do next.
- And He must ascend to His Father. He must send the Comforter.
So all the work to be done isn’t finished. There more things in the future that Jesus is going to do.
- For example, when I finish a task at work, I say that I’m finished. I’ve done all the work for that task.
- But am I done with all the work that I’ll ever do? No, of course not.
- I only say this because of false preachers.
- It’s sad that we have to go over things like this just to reverse false preaching.
- It’s pretty easy to understand that Jesus didn’t mean He was finished with all work of all time.
- He just meant He was finished with everything He had to do up until this exact point in time.
- Some tough work was coming soon for Jesus. Jesus is telling His Father that the time is come.
 John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
- Do you know who was there with God the Father from everlasting? JESUS CHRIST.
- Jesus was there with His Father before the world was created. Jesus is God. He is everlasting.
- He isn’t a creation. He is THE CREATOR. He is God. He was there with His Father before the world was.
- And He’s going back to be with His Father as He is glorified with that glory from His Father.
 Proverbs 8:22-24 The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. 23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. 24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.
 Proverbs 8:25-27 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth: 26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world. 27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:
- Have you ever noticed this in Proverbs? Who else could this be?
- This is speaking of Jesus Christ just like every book in the Bible speaks of Jesus Christ.
- Jesus is the word of God. He is there in every book of the Bible.
 Proverbs 8:28-29 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep: 29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
 Proverbs 8:30-31 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him; 31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.
- Jesus is our awesome God, but He is not God the Father. The Bible tells us so over and over again.
 Colossians 1:14-15 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: 15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
 Colossians 1:16-17 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
 Colossians 1:18-20 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; 20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
- It pleased the Father that in JESUS should all fulness dwell.
- Jesus made peace through the blood of His cross.
- God the Father didn’t die on the cross, but His Son, Jesus Christ, did.
- There is one God in 3 persons. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. And these three are one.
- So, yes, God did die on the cross. Jesus Christ died on the cross. God the Father did not.
- Jesus Christ is going to go back to His Father after He finishes the work He has to do next.
 John 17:6-7 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. 7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.
- If you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, the Father took you out of this world. What did He do?
- He made you a new creation in Jesus Christ. He gave you to Jesus Christ. Why is that?
- Because you have kept His words. He spoke them, you believed them, and He saved you.
- Everything given to Jesus comes from His Father in heaven.
- You can’t have everlasting life without Jesus Christ, but Jesus Christ couldn’t give it to you unless it was from His Father.
- Do you understand that? Obviously, they are different. Jesus is different from His Father.
 John 17:8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.
- The Father gave Jesus the words, Jesus gave us the words, we receive His words.
- And we know that Jesus 100% for sure came out from His Father.
- And we believe that Jesus is God. We believe Jesus was sent out from God to be our only Savior.
- There is no other Savior of the world but Jesus Christ.
- We do not believe that Jesus is God the Father. We believe God the Father sent Jesus.
If we believe Jesus sent Himself, we deny His Father in heaven.
- You can’t do that because you won’t have the right Jesus. That’s a different Jesus.
- Jesus never says that He sent Himself. That’s some other fake Jesus who says that.
- That’s some man made fairy tale coming from an evil imagination. Jesus sending Himself is a lie.
- If we think we have the Father but deny the Son, we don’t have the Father.
 1 John 2:22-23 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: but he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
- You can’t call them the same and act like we all have the same God.
- “Well, Jesus is God the Father because there is only one name and that name is Jesus.”
- “God the Father is named Jesus. The Son of God is named Jesus. The Holy Spirit is named Jesus.”
- “There is only one.” That’s a lie from a cult of a religion named the Oneness Pentecostals.
- If Jesus were the only one, why would Jesus Himself say: “THERE IS ANOTHER?”
- He talks about His Father as someone different over and over and over again.
- There’s more than ONE WITNESS in heaven. There’s 3 heavenly witnesses that are everlasting witnesses.
- I think I’ll listen to them. Jesus has a different will than His Father, but He always does His Father’s will.
If you want to be saved by the right Jesus, you can find the right Jesus within the words of the Bible.
- The Oneness Pentecostal version of Jesus won’t save you.
- The Jehovah’s Witness version of Jesus won’t save you. The Mormon version of Jesus won’t save you.
- The Church of Christ version of Jesus who says works are required won’t save you.
- The Baptist version of Jesus that loves everyone and doesn’t throw anyone into hell won’t save you.
- The right Jesus, who is Jesus Christ, will save you. You need to believe on THAT Jesus to save you.
 John 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
- This verse is very difficult to understand for people with a false Jesus.
- Jesus doesn’t pray for everyone!!! “Oh no, that can’t be right.” Well, that’s what Jesus says. Is it not?
- Who is Jesus praying for here? He’s praying for those who have believed His words.
- He’s praying for those that are His. He’s praying for His people that have salvation.
- He’s saying that He’s not praying for the others. He’s praying for His Father’s people.
- “I pray not for the world. I pray not for the world. I pray not for the world.”
- I said it 3 times because most preachers skip over that verse really fast or they don’t read it at all.
- It gives them a headache because this Jesus doesn’t match their Jesus.
When you have the right Jesus, that verse is easy to understand.
- Jesus doesn’t pray for evil and wicked people. He hates those people. He rejects those people.
- He throws those people into hell. Why? Because they won’t believe what He says.
- It’s so simple. God Himself comes and says, “Just believe what I’m telling you.”
- They continue to say, “NO!!! I WILL NOT BELIEVE WHAT YOU SAY.”
- Do you know what that’s called? It’s called stupid. God Almighty says, “Believe me.”
- The evil and wicked person says, “No. No. No. No. No. No. No.” Jesus says, “Okay, you’re rejected.”
- “if you want to reject me, I will reject you.” And what do you think happens?
- That evil and wicked person will be thrown into hell by God. And Jesus Christ is God.
 Revelation 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
- Notice that these evil and wicked people who won’t believe will be tormented.
- Whose going to be there as they are tormented? The holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
- The Lamb of God is Jesus Christ. He was slaughtered to save them from their sins.
- And they don’t want anything to do with Him. He’s only ever done good for them, and they hate Him.
 Revelation 14:11-12 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. 12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
- You can be on one of two sides. God’s side or the other side. Faith on Christ or no faith on Christ.
- Simply believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you can avoid all of that torment, burning, and smoke.
- Jesus isn’t praying for those people who hate Him. He doesn’t pray for the world. He prays for His people.
 John 17:9-10 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. 10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.
- If you are in Christ Jesus, then you are the Father’s child. If you are in the Father, you are in Jesus.
- And if you are saved, Jesus is glorified in you. And you should be glorifying Jesus in your life.
 Galatians 1:20-24 Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not. 21 Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia; 22 And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ: 23 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed. 24 And they glorified God in me.
- That’s Paul speaking. He says, “I’m not lying to you. I was unknown by face to the true churches.”
- “I once persecuted those same people. But now I preach the faith that I once destroyed.”
- And because of that, what happened? THOSE PEOPLE GLORIFIED GOD IN PAUL.
- Only God could do that. There are some people out there who would love to kill me right now.
- Why? Because they hate God, and I preach the truth from God.
- Imagine that same person turning to God and becoming my best friend who sticks by my side.
- Imagine that same person giving up their life for me instead of trying to take my life.
- Wouldn’t that be amazing if God changed a person like that?
Hey, that’s what happened with Paul. And do you know why that happened? So God would be glorified.
- And that’s what those people did. They glorified God in Paul. That’s amazing. You need to see that.
- If you think the saved will mock you and hate you because of what you’ve done in the past, you’re wrong.
- If you get saved, the people of God will be ecstatic for you. They won’t care what you’ve done.
- They will glorify God in you!!! Why? Because God is now in you, and you have everlasting life.
- The ones who will mock you will be the ones that hate God. And yes, that will happen. Get ready for it.
 John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
- Jesus continues praying to His Father here. He’s leaving the world, but His people are still here.
- He’s praying for God’s people. What does He want? He’s praying for God to keep us.
- Guess what? GOD HIMSELF PRESERVES US IN HIM. We don’t do it on our own.
- And notice what else Jesus wants. He wants us to be as one. How do we do that?
- Well, we can’t fight and argue about things because the Bible ends all arguments.
If someone who is truly saved preaches lies about God, that person should be rebuked and stop preaching lies.
- That’s how we become as one. We do so through the word of God. We should be as one.
- That’s why the Bible must be MAGNIFIED within churches. It can’t be lowered. It can’t be ignored.
- If so, the people won’t be as one. They’ll be scattered as lost sheep.
- Woe to the pastors who scatter the sheep of Jesus Christ.
 John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
- Jesus keeps all that are saved, but the son of perdition was lost so the Scripture would be fulfilled.
- Jesus chose 12 disciples but He knew one of them, the son of perdition, would never be saved.
 Psalm 41:9 Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me.
 Acts 1:20 For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.
 Psalm 109:8 Let his days be few; and let another take his office.
- Judas Iscariot is that son of perdition. He just went out to betray Jesus in John Chapter 13.
- Jesus chose Judas Iscariot as a disciple but he wasn’t chosen for everlasting life.
- Why? He wouldn’t believe on Jesus as the Savior. Judas Iscariot instead was a rejected child of the devil.
 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
- That’s talking about the antichrist who is yet to come. He is called the son of perdition.
- Judas Iscariot is called the son of perdition. Why? Judas Iscariot was antichrist.
- Anyone who is against Jesus Christ has joined the devil’s side. You don’t want to do that.
- Light will prevail over darkness, and Jesus Christ is the LIGHT OF THE WORLD.
 John 17:13-14 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves. 14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
- Jesus is speaking all of these things and praying to His Father so we can have joy within.
- No man can ever take that joy away. EVER. No man can take God away from you.
- That should comfort you and bring joy to you. He’s never leaving you or forsaking you.
- But know that the world will hate you. But that doesn’t matter because you aren’t of this world.
 John 17:15-16 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
- I’ve said it before. I admit it. I want to just to go on to heaven at times. I don’t want to leave you all.
- But some days you start to think about heaven, and yes, you would much rather be there.
- But that’s not right. If you want to just go on to heaven and not stay where God needs you, that’s wrong.
- Jesus doesn’t want to take us out of the world. He prays this to His Father.
- Jesus doesn’t want us to run away to some place that’s easier. He wants us in this world. Why?
- He wants us to go find those lost sheep, convince them to believe on Jesus, baptize them, and teach them all things that He commands us to do.
So, Jesus wants us here as long as He needs us. But He prays for His Father to keep evil away from us.
- If you’re doing what Jesus asks, He’s going to protect you. You are not alone in this world.
- The Holy Spirit is here. Jesus Christ is here and watching. And finally, His Father is there watching.
- They got this. You don’t have to worry about anything. Wake up. Understand who is on your side.
- Trust them. If you’re going to trust anyone, put your trust in God.
- There is no one else to help you like God can help you. You are not of this world. Jesus isn’t of this world.
 John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
- If you know me, that’s one of my favorite Scriptures in all the Bible. “SAVE ME THROUGH YOUR WORD.”
- “SAVE ME THROUGH YOUR TRUTH, O GOD!!!” They word is truth. Jesus Christ is the word of God.
- Jesus Christ is THE way, THE truth, and THE life. There is no one else to save us but Jesus.
- Death is coming for all of us. You better find that Savior right now. He is Jesus Christ.
- Just listen to His words, believe what He says, and be saved right now.
- And that is why I magnify the word of God. This is why we study the word of God. We want truth here.
 John 17:18-19 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. 19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
- Jesus was set apart to be sent into the world. He is sending us into the world.
- For our sakes, Jesus was set apart or sanctified to be the Savior of the world. He did that for you and I.
- He is now setting you and I apart through the truth. He wants us to preach the truth.
 John 17:20-21 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; 21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
- Jesus was praying for His disciples who were there with Him, but He’s also praying for others.
- Who are the others? “But for them also which shall believe on me through their word.”
- Do you know what Scripture saved me? The Scripture came from 1 John Chapter 5.
- Do you know who wrote 1 John Chapter 5? One of those disciples that were there right then.
- It was that same disciple that wrote the Book of John. I believed through John’s word.
- And John’s words came from Jesus Christ. So Jesus was praying for me right there.
- And He’s praying for you too. He wants us to be one just as Jesus is one with His Father.
Jesus needs us to be one so we can work together and help others in this world believe that Jesus same from God.
- Jesus wants all people to be saved. He died and sacrificed Himself for all people.
- But those people MUST believe on Jesus Christ in order for that sacrifice to count towards their sin.
- He died for all people, but most people won’t put their trust in Jesus Christ and His sacrifice.
- Religious people would rather put a little bit of trust in Jesus and a lot of trust in their own goodness.
 John 17:22-23 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
- We shouldn’t have strife and contentions between saved people. We should submit to the word of God.
- But, for some reason, that’s not happening in the so-called “Christian” churches.
- They make up lies about God, and then it’s my fault when I say something about it.
- Well, who lied about God in the first place? People who profess to follow Christ should follow His words.
- Then, we can be as one in Christ. Jesus wants the world to know that He was sent forth from God.
- Jesus wants the world to know that God loves you, He loves I, and He loves Jesus.
- If anyone continues to reject God, there will be a point in which God says: “I WILL LOVE YOU NO MORE.”
 Hosea 9:15 All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters.
- That’s God speaking. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and God will never say that to you.
- All it takes is faith in Jesus for the righteousness of Jesus to be imputed unto you.
 John 17:24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.
- Again, we know that God the Father gives Jesus the believers.
- Jesus prays that His Father would give Him His glory so they can behold Him and see Him.
- When our eyes finally open, it’s an amazing thing. We say, “How did we miss it for so long?”
- It’s because we were stubborn and stiff necked. We chose others over the word of God.
- But thank God that we can now see. You don’t realize how happy I am for all of you.
If I’m happy, don’t you think God is happy to have you? He’s waiting to meet you face to face.
- God loved Jesus before the foundation of the world. God already knew you would be one of His.
- God loved you before the foundation of the world. God knows the exact number of hairs on your head.
- You didn’t even exist and God already knew you would be listening to this right now at this moment.
- Do you think our eyes are completely opened, though? No, they aren’t. We’ll see more one day.
- We only see fleshly things right now. One day we’ll see spiritual things.
 2 Kings 6:14-15 Therefore sent he thither horses, and chariots, and a great host: and they came by night, and compassed the city about. 15 And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?
- The king of Syria sends all these horses, chariots, and a great host to surround this one prophet of God.
- This wasn’t a false prophet that the king of Syria is messing with here. This is Elisha.
- Elisha’s servant says, “Alas my master! How shall we do?” What are we going to do now???
- Elisha wasn’t blinded. He could see.
 2 Kings 6:16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
- The servant of Elisha was probably like: “Okay, it’s just you and I.” He didn’t know what he meant.
- That servant couldn’t see as Elisha could see.
 2 Kings 6:17 And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.
- We can’t see everything like Elisha could see. God opened his eyes so he could see those things.
- Elisha didn’t fear the king of Syria. Now do you see why? Who do you think would win that battle?
- The heavenly army of God or the worldly army of Syria. No match. No contest.
- So why fear anything in this world when God is on your side? Open your eyes and see this.
- That’s why God wrote the Bible for us. IT IS WRITTEN. Don’t fear man. Fear God.
- Don’t accept the word of man. Accept the word of God. HE IS TRUTH and only truth 100% of the time.
 John 17:25 O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.
- God the Father is righteous. If He wasn’t perfect and righteous, we would have no chance.
- Thank God that He is righteous because there’s no one else righteous but God.
- That’s why we need Him. Without Him, we would be nothing and have nothing.
- So, who should you put all your effort into in this life? Obviously, the answer is God.
- With Him, we have everything. Without Him, we have nothing.
- The wise choice is to put God first in all that you do. Not anyone else but God.
- Not me. Not your family. Not your friends. Not your job. God is first.
The world doesn’t know God, but Jesus knows God. He’s telling us that in this Scripture.
- We haven’t met God the Father face to face. We haven’t seen God the Father face to face.
- But do you know who has? Jesus has. And He’s telling us all about God because we are His friends.
- We are His friends if we keep His commandments. We know that Jesus was sent from God.
- We know that Jesus Christ died for us and rose again from the dead for us.
- We know that the blood of Jesus Christ covers all our sins and because we believe He has saved us.
- We know that we have everlasting life that cannot be taken away.
 1 John 5:4-5 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. 5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
- Do you believe that Jesus is the Son of God? If so, you have overcome the world. You are now of God.
- You are born of God. You are born again. You are a new creation. Your soul is saved from sin.
 1 John 5:9-10 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. 10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
 1 John 5:11-12 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
- It’s all Jesus or nothing. You can’t do anything to save yourself but believe on Jesus alone.
 1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
- I believed that, and I was saved at the moment I believed those words.
- Church men were telling me different. I decided I would listen to God.
- The church men laughed at me while heaven rejoiced! There was party in heaven that day.
- And I thank God that He drew me to Him that day when I finally decided to believe Him over man.
- I said, “No way that I’m calling God a liar any more in my life. I’m choosing God. And I won’t look back.”
- I thank God for saving me, and I know Jesus Himself has saved me, He preserves me, and He will bring me home to heaven when I die.
- I have that confidence in Jesus. I don’t have that confidence in myself. I know me. And thank god I know Jesus.
 John 17:26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.
- Jesus has declared God’s name to me and to you. We know Jesus is from God.
- We know that Jesus loves His Father and His Father loves Him.
- But notice that Jesus is praying for you and I. What more could you ask for?
- “Well, I don’t believe Jesus didn’t pray to His Father for me to win the lottery.”
- Are you joking me? Look at what Jesus is praying for you to have.
- Let me give you a hint. THE LOTTERY IS ZERO COMPARED TO WHAT JESUS IS PRAYING!!!
“That the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.”
- He is praying that the love of God be within you.
- What does that mean? That means you should follow God’s commandments. That’s love.
- You love others by keeping His commandments. He loved you so much that He died for you.
- You should be willing to give your life up for others. Help others to be saved.
- Jesus did that for you, and He wants you to do that for others.
- And yes, He commanded us to do that. Go ye therefore and preach the Gospel! Teach all nations.
- Give up your life for Jesus Christ. Do what He says and only good comes from that.
- That’s the love of God. That’s what He wants us to have, and there is nothing better than that.