The title of the sermon today is “JOHN CHAPTER 3.”
Jesus Turned Water Into Wine
- In John Chapter 2, we saw Jesus turn water into wine. And it wasn’t a small amount of wine.
- It was a very large amount. We saw that Mary submits to Jesus Christ. Mary had great faith in Jesus.
- We learned there are different types of wine. One type of wine is in the cluster of the grapes.
- This means fruit juice is called wine in the Bible. Jesus made fruit juice or wine from the water.
We know Jesus didn’t create alcoholic wine because the Bible tells us to not even look at that type of wine.
- What else did we see in John Chapter 2?
- We saw Jesus throw all of the people out of the temple who were buying and selling.
 John 2:14-16 And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: 15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers’ money, and overthrew the tables; 16 And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father’s house an house of merchandise.
- The oxen, sheep, and doves were being sold for offering inside of the temple.
- So they weren’t selling bad things there. God doesn’t care what you’re selling in his temple.
- He doesn’t want ANYTHING being sold there even if it’s for a good cause. NOTHING.
- The Jews asked him who thought he was coming into their temple and driving everyone out.
- They said, “Show us a sign that you have this authority.”
 John 2:19-21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 21 But he spake of the temple of his body.
- We see Jesus go the Passover feast in Jerusalem. He did many miracles there.
- And we see that many people believed in his name there and were saved.
- But Jesus still did not commit himself unto them because he knew what was inside all men.
- Hey, we aren’t good people all the time. Sometimes we can’t even trust ourselves.
- We sin. We mess up. Jesus knew that so he doesn’t trust any man.
 John 2:24-25 But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men, 25 And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.
- With that said, let’s start there in verse 1 of John Chapter 3.
 John 3:1-2 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: 2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
- John Chapter 3 is about the most famous chapter you can find in the Bible.
- There are so many verses that we constantly use from this chapter. Starting out here is amazing.
- You have this very religious man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus. He is a ruler of the Jews.
- He comes to Jesus by night. Most likely he didn’t want anyone to see him coming to Jesus.
- He knows that Jesus MUST be a teacher from God. Jesus has been doing miracles.
We see a similar situation in this world today. You’ll have very religious preachers and pastors.
- They’ll see the truth within the Bible, but they’ll hide it because it might offend someone else.
- Their church members might get angry. They might even try to fire them from their preaching position.
- They’re too scared to stand up against anyone else in the name of God. They fear man but not God.
 1 Corinthians 11:14-15 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? 15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
- The Bible says it is a shame for a man to have long hair. A woman should have long hair.
- “It is a glory to her.” So, the preachers don’t want to make “their” men and women angry.
- The Bible clearly says women aren’t to be church leaders. “Well, we don’t preach that.”
- “We don’t want to make the women mad. A happy wife means a happy life.”
- “Please preacher, don’t make my wife angry. She’ll take it all out on me. Please don’t preach the Bible.”
- So the preachers just hide the word of God.
- They’ll see the truth, but they’re too religious to make anyone angry. That’s what we see here.
- Nicodemus is sneaking in to see Jesus at night. He says, “Jesus, I know you are from God.”
You Must Be Born Again
 John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
- What Jesus speaks is ONLY the TRUTH. You must be born again to see the kingdom of God.
- We already know what that means from John Chapter 1. How will you be born again?
- You must be born of God. You must be born again. Why is it born again? Because you’ve been born once.
- That time you weren’t born of God. So, to enter the kingdom of God, you must be BORN AGAIN.
- Watch what John Chapter 1 says.
 John 1:12-13 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
- To be born again, you must BELIEVE on his name. It says, “EVEN TO THEM THAT BELIEVE ON HIS NAME.”
- “Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.”
- You MUST be born of God by simply believing on the name of Jesus Christ to save you.
- You must realize that Jesus is the only one who can save you. And trust in him alone to save you.
- I want you to slow down and see what verse 13 says. This is not difficult. You need to see this.
“Which were born NOT of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man.”
- To be born again, it’s not in your body. You can’t do it on your own. You can’t work for it.
- That’s the will of man. Yes, that Scripture right there is teaching against a works based salvation.
- BORN AGAIN is being born of God versus being born the first time which is born of the flesh.
- Now, let’s go back to John Chapter 3 and watch how Jesus explains this to Nicodemus.
- Please listen closely as most preachers around here get this wrong. See the words today.
 John 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born?
- Nicodemus is confused. How can you be born again? But listen, Nicodemus should have already known.
- We’ll see that in verse 10 of this Chapter. But for now, Nicodemus is confused. He doesn’t know.
- Do you have to go back into your mother’s womb and be born a second time?
 John 3:5-6 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
- Now this is Scripture that the false preacher’s twist all around. You have to see what Jesus actually says.
- “Except a man be born of water AND of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.”
- You must be born of the water AND of the Spirit to be saved. What does being born of the water mean?
- Verse 6 tells us. That which is born of the flesh is flesh.
- Verse 5 says you must be born of water and the Spirit.
- Verse 6 says that which is flesh is flesh and that which is spirit is spirt.
- Being born of the flesh is being born of water. Being born of the Spirit is the Spirit.
The Bible alone explains what being born of water means right there. Do you see anything about baptism?
- False preachers will attempt to use verse 5 to say that you MUST be baptized to be saved.
- They’ll stop at verse 5, but Jesus explains what he means in verse 6.
- When you’re in your mother’s womb, you’re in a sack of mostly water. The water breaks. Baby is coming.
- Being born of the water means you’re born into this world. You must be born and then born again.
- You must be born of the flesh. That’s being born of water. Being born again is being born of the Spirit.
- But the Church of Christ will say, “Oh no, you must be born of the water which is baptism in water.”
You Must Believe First Which Saves You And Then Be Baptized
So, Jesus explains it himself right there. But, if that’s not enough, why would Jesus put this in that order then?
- Jesus says you must be born of the water and of the Spirit. If that meant baptism, think about this.
- Jesus would be saying you must be baptized in water first and then Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- That’s not the correct order according to the rest of the Bible. You don’t get baptized before you believe.
- The requirement to be baptized is to first believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- This Scripture isn’t talking about baptism. Allow the Bible to define itself and stop adding things.
 John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
- Notice what this verse says. We recently had a sermon on THEE and YE.
- You can put what you learned to use here. Jesus says this to Nicodemus alone. Thee is singular.
- But then he says, “YE must be born again.” That’s plural. That’s all of us. That’s everyone.
- We all must be born again to enter into the kingdom of heaven!!! He’s not just talking to Nicodemus.
- With the modern “Bible” perversions, you wouldn’t know this. You would have to guess.
 John 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
- This is a VERY important verse that false preachers can’t understand.
- You’ll find these false preachers all around us today that say, “When someone is saved, you’ll know it.”
- “You’ll see the change in those people. It’s like being hit by a truck. They will change 180 degrees.”
- “They will stop sinning. They will do good works. They will be in church all the time. You will see change.”
- This Scripture straight from Jesus Christ disproves that. Being born of the Spirit is like the wind.
The wind blows wherever it wants. You can hear the sound of it, but you can’t see it.
- They can speak it, but you can’t see it. And they could lie about it because you can’t see it.
- You can’t SEE with your eyes if someone is saved. You can’t see if they are born of the Spirit.
- You can’t say, “Well, I know they aren’t saved because look at what they’re doing right now.”
- That’s FALSE. Jesus says, “You can’t see it. You don’t know if someone is saved.” Just stop with that trash.
 John 3:9-10 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be? 10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
- This right here is VERY IMPORTANT. False preachers can’t understand the Gospel or the Book of John.
- Jesus rebukes Nicodemus right here.
- He says, “You’re a master of Israel, and you don’t know these things?”
- In other words, “You’re a religious leader, and you don’t know these things?”
- “You’re a preacher and you don’t know these things?”
“You don’t know the only requirement to be saved is to BELIEVE ON ME? How do you not know?”
- Jesus is saying, “How do you not know this? You’re a MASTER OF ISRAEL and you can’t understand the most basic thing in all the Scriptures?”
- Hey, look, that’s what’s around in all the churches today. They call themselves Masters of the Scriptures.
- For example, the Reformation Church right down the road here has no idea.
- They can’t understand that the ONLY REQUIREMENT to be saved is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- They’ll say, “Yes, we’re saved by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone according to Scripture alone for the Glory of God alone.”
- But they don’t even realize they’re preaching the opposite.
You Don’t Have To Hate What You’ve Done To Be Saved
Their website says, “A genuine recognition of our sinfulness and guilt will also lead to genuine sorrow, shame, and even hatred for what we have done.”
- This is their path to salvation. Genuine repentance they say “MUST be accompanied by a turning away from sin.”
- They say, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved.” But that’s not what they mean.
- They just said that you MUST do these other things like turn away from your sin. Jesus doesn’t say that.
- Here’s their test of Biblical assurance that you’re saved.
- Now I want you to see that according to this Reformation Church, you’ll never make it to heaven.
- You have to walk in the light.
- You have to confess your sin.
- You have to be obedient.
- You must have love for the brethren.
- You must have hatred for the world.
- You must persevere in Doctrine.
- You must always do righteousness and never evil.
- You must have the Spirit’s testimony.
- You must be disciplined.
So, let me make this clear for you. The Reformation Church right there is preaching HERESY.
- Do you understand that? They’ve ADDED all of these things to salvation. No, they aren’t close.
- They don’t understand the Book of 1 John at all. Well, let’s compare in a table.
- According to the Reformation Church, Jesus is a liar. Is that not what they’re saying?
- They got all their beliefs from a Seminary. It’s obvious. More regurgitated trash from Seminaries.
- They look a lot like the works based salvation of the Church of Christ. You MUST repent of your sin.
- You must continuously repent of your sin, or you won’t make it. That’s what they’re saying.
- Do you think ANY OF THEM keep all of those 8 things listed right there all the time? NO WAY.
- “Oh, but we believe you’re saved by grace through faith.” Really? But you just listed all of those works.
- You didn’t even list “Believe On Jesus” in your list. It’s not there. Here’s a screenshot in case they change.
- They say, “You can only be assured of salvation if you’re doing all of these things here.” What a joke.
- In other words, “Oh Masters of the Bible, why can’t you understand the one requirement?”
- Hey, this isn’t a joke. This isn’t something small. STOP corrupting the WORD OF GOD.
- Jesus is telling Nicodemus that he should have already known this. That church is just like Nicodemus.
- Let’s read it again.
 John 3:10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
- Notice what else this teaches us. Jesus is saying, “You should have known this.”
- Dispensationalists will say, “People in the Old Testament were saved by grace and works.”
- But Jesus says to this man who is of the Pharisees, “You didn’t already know this?”
- Abraham knew it. Moses knew it. Joshua knew it. Samuel knew it. David knew it. Elijah knew it.
- Isaiah knew it. Jeremiah knew it. Daniel knew it. Amos knew it. Nahum knew it. Malachi knew it.
- Sarah knew it. Rahab knew it. Ruth knew it. Esther knew it. But you didn’t know?
- You’re a Master of Israel, and you didn’t know this? ALL THE OTHERS KNEW BUT YOU DIDN’T.
- Why is that? Because you’ve trusted in MAN-MADE RELIGION. That’s why Nicodemus didn’t know it.
He thought he had to be good to be saved. Sounds just like the church up the road. “We’re saved.”
- We know we’re saved because we’re good people. We walk in the light all the time.
- We confess our sin all the time. We’re obedient. We love everyone in our church.
- We always hate the world. We always persevere in doctrine. We have the Spirit’s testimony.
- We are always disciplined. Can’t you see how great we are? We are just like the Pharisees.
- They made it up their own way. And that church followed the way of man and made up their own way.
Believing On Jesus Christ Saves You = Born Again
You don’t understand the BASIC CONCEPT of being BORN AGAIN by simply believing on Jesus to save you.
- That’s it. I don’t need any other assurance from you. God gave me that assurance. I don’t need to prove it.
- I’ve found grace just like Noah did. I’ve called upon the name of the Lord.
- I’ve believed and it was accounted to me for righteousness. I didn’t earn that righteousness.
- God gave it to me. And you call yourself a church? You say that you represent God?
- But you say the opposite? But oh yeah, you mix a little truth in there don’t you?
- My faith has been counted for righteousness. DONE. I don’t need some man giving me a test of assurance.
 John 3:11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
- There are so many witnesses throughout the Scriptures. Jesus says, “We testify that we have seen.”
- He says, “I’m telling you right now that you must be born again. You must believe.”
- “And it’s not just me. It’s many children of Israel. And YE won’t receive our witness.”
- Do you see the YE right there? Is that singular or plural? Jesus is talking to more than just Nicodemus.
- Nicodemus is of the Pharisees or the religious people. Jesus is talking to those people.
If you’re in a church that teaches different than Jesus, you need to get away from there.
- You need to watch who you’re associating yourself with. Nicodemus was with the Pharisees.
- You better watch who you’re supporting. Is your church giving money to the Jews who hate Jesus Christ?
- Are you giving your offering and supporting a church who calls Jesus Christ a liar?
- But they pretend to represent Jesus? Do you think Jesus is going to be happy with you?
- Jesus is saying, “ALL OF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE OUR WITNESS.”
- Jesus Christ HIMSELF tells you how to be saved. One requirement. Other churches? Many requirements.
- Who is right? Is it Jesus who is God? Jesus is the captain of our salvation. He’s in charge of it.
- Don’t you think he’s right? The man-made religions are wrong, and I’m sick of them calling Jesus a liar.
- “Well, they’re good people trying to do what’s right.” It doesn’t matter. You MUST believe on Jesus.
 John 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
- It’s not difficult to understand that you must believe on Jesus to be saved. That’s it.
- Jesus says, “And ye BELIEVE not.” You won’t even BELIEVE what I’m telling you now.
- Believing is the requirement to be saved. YOU MUST BELIEVE JESUS IS YOUR SAVIOR.
- He says, “How are YOU going to believe if I tell you of heavenly things.”
- Notice, Jesus is using PLURAL words. YOU and YE. He’s talking to more than one. Not just Nicodemus.
 John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
- What does this verse mean? The Son of man is in heaven. He is from heaven. HE IS GOD.
- Only God can be in more than one place at a time. This proves Jesus is God.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of man. He was born of a virgin. He is “THE” Son of man.
- He’s the only man who has ever ascended up into heaven on his own. He came down from heaven.
- He ascended into heaven on his own. How did he do that? He’s God. No other man can do that.
- No other man can ascend up into heaven and find his way there. Only Jesus Christ.
Who are you going to rely on to get you there? Does Joel Osteen know the way there?
- Does Billy Graham know how to get you there? He’s dead. How is he going to show you the way?
- Jesus Christ is the only one who can bring you into heaven. God is the only one.
- No other man knows the way. Some say, “But Elijah surely knows the way. But Enoch knows the way.”
 Genesis 5:24 And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.
- No, Enoch doesn’t know the way. GOD TOOK HIM THERE. He didn’t ascend up into heaven on his own.
 2 Kings 2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
- Elijah didn’t create that chariot of fire and that whirlwind. God brought Elijah to heaven.
- John 3:13 means that JESUS CHRIST came down from heaven on his own.
- And he ascended into heaven on his own. He knows the way to heaven.
- But watch what the NIV says. Watch what this perversion teaches.
 John 3:13 (False NIV) No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.
- Do you see that? Does that say the same thing as the King James Bible? Does that mean the same thing?
- The NIV says that NO ONE has ever gone into heaven except for Jesus Christ. Really?
- Is that what the Bible teaches? “NO ONE HAS EVER GONE TO HEAVEN.” Of course not. But the NIV does.
- Now listen, NO MAN has gone into heaven in their fleshly body.
The Corrupted Flesh Cannot Enter Into Heaven
 1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
- No man in their fleshly body hath ascended up into heaven.
- Does that mean that no man is there in heaven right now? No. King David is there in heaven right now.
- But King David’s body is in the grave. But Seminaries will teach that his body isn’t in the grave right now.
 Acts 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
 Acts 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
- David’s body is buried in the tomb right now, but the soul of David is in heaven.
- David, in his body, is not ascended into the heavens. That doesn’t happen until the resurrection.
- King David will have his new body when the rapture takes place at the second coming of Jesus Christ.
- And it won’t be a sinful body that David receives. He’ll receive a new body. Corruption can’t enter heaven.
- Let’s continue in John Chapter 3 and remember that Jesus is speaking with Nicodemus here.
 John 3:14-15 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
- Moses lifting up a serpent in the wilderness is referencing Numbers Chapter 21.
 Numbers 21:5 And the people spake against God, and against Moses, Wherefore have ye brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? for there is no bread, neither is there any water; and our soul loatheth this light bread.
- God was taking care of the people. He was providing for them. He gave them manna.
- They didn’t like what God was doing for them. They wanted more. They complained.
 Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
- Who sent the fiery serpents? According to false preachers, it MUST have been Satan.
- The false preachers say, “God would NEVER do anything like this. This can’t be true.”
- “Well, that’s the Old Testament.” Well, guess what? Jesus Christ is referencing this in John.
 Numbers 21:7 Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people.
- The people say, “Hey, we’ve sinned. Please take away the fiery serpents.” That’s scary right there.
 Numbers 21:8-9 And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live. 9 And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.
- When anyone that had been bitten by the serpents looked at this serpent of brass, they lived.
- Moses lifted up that serpent and anyone who followed the instructions LIVED.
 John 3:14-15 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
- Jesus is lifted up in that same way. If you follow the instructions, you can LIVE today.
- You can have everlasting life today. What’s the instructions there in verse 15?
- “That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.”
- Why do churches and preachers add to these instructions? They’re straight from Jesus Christ.
- And no, the rest of the Bible doesn’t contradict with John 3:15 ANYWHERE.
- Once you out your trust in Jesus to save you, you HAVE eternal life. That means you can’t lose it.
A Serpent Was Used As A Picture Of Jesus Christ???
Why was the serpent used as a picture of Jesus Christ in Numbers 21? Did you ever think about that?
- Think back to the serpent and the curse. The first time the word “CURSED” is used in the Bible is here.
 Genesis 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
- The serpent is cursed. Why would a cursed serpent be a picture of Jesus Christ in Numbers?
- Think about what Jesus Christ did for us. He took all of our sins. ALL OF THEM. Past, present, and future.
- Now, watch what the Bible says here.
 Galatians 3:13-14 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
- Jesus was cursed because he took all of our sin. His soul went to hell with all of our sin.
- “Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree.” Do you see that?
 Deuteronomy 21:22-23 And if a man have committed a sin worthy of death, and he be to be put to death, and thou hang him on a tree: 23 His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God;) that thy land be not defiled, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.
- Jesus committed no sin. We committed the sin. He took all of our sin from our souls. He was cursed for us.
- A perfect man. A perfect God. A perfect Creator. The one who gave you life. He died for you.
- Jesus Christ was accursed of God. The Bible says so many times. And it wasn’t his fault. It was ours.
 1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
- That’s why the serpent is used in Numbers 21. The serpent received the first curse.
- Jesus is lifted up, and all you have to do is believe in Jesus Christ to save you.
 John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
- God loved the world. That means he has LOVED (past tense) everyone.
- He has loved everyone who he has created. When you were a baby, God loved you.
- He doesn’t continue to love everyone at all times no matter what.
- There is a condition to continuing in that love. And that condition is in the same verse.
- God gave HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN Son. He was begotten when God raised Jesus from the dead.
- “That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
Eternal life is ever lasting life. Once you HAVE it, it’s everlasting. Do you believe that?
- If not, why not? Jesus Christ spoke those words right there?
- Do you not believe in everlasting life because of some false religion or false preacher?
- Forget the word of man. Believe the word of God. I’ve been laughed at many times.
- Yes, I believe I have everlasting life. When I die, my soul is going to heaven.
- No matter what I do now I cannot lose everlasting life. Jesus said so. I believe Jesus.
- But the false preachers, false elders, false deacons in their church offices will laugh at you.
- But Jesus Christ will have the last laugh.
- Those same false preachers will say, “Oh, Jesus wouldn’t laugh at you.”
 Psalm 2:4-5 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. 5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
 Psalm 37:12-13 The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth. 13 The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.
 Psalm 52:6-7 The righteous also shall see, and fear, and shall laugh at him: 7 Lo, this is the man that made not God his strength; but trusted in the abundance of his riches, and strengthened himself in his wickedness.
 Psalm 59:8 But thou, O LORD, shalt laugh at them; thou shalt have all the heathen in derision.
- Yes, Jesus will have the last laugh. All of the lying preachers will be laughed at by God himself.
- What’s the one requirement to be saved? Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- If a preacher says ANYTHING different than that, they are evil.
 John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
- Jesus wasn’t sent at HIS FIRST COMING to condemn the world. He came to save the world.
- The world MIGHT be saved. That’s talking about you.
- The “might” is there because it depends on you believing. Yes, you MUST believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Jesus came the first time to setup a SPIRITUAL KINGDOM in heaven. He didn’t come to destroy.
- At the second coming, God’s wrath will begin to be poured out on the earth.
- Jesus will come in the end to condemn the world and establish his physical kingdom on earth.
Jesus Didn’t Come To Condemn The World At His First Coming
But at his first coming, God didn’t send Jesus to condemn the world. THANK GOD FOR THAT!!!
- Because of Jesus coming the first time we can be now be saved through our great works.
- Is that what all of this means? No, it’s not. It says, “But that the world through HIM might be saved.”
- It’s not through our good works. Jesus came and did all the work. We’re only saved through HIM.
 John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
- Do you see any works included in any of these verses teaching you how to be saved?
- Does it say he that believeth on him, repents of their sin, and is baptized is not condemned?
- Me? I can’t say how false preachers can keep saying something different. JESUS DID IT ALL.
- Don’t bring yourself into the equation. It’s not believing on Jesus PLUS anything.
- Don’t add anything else to salvation. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. That’s it.
- Why is one condemned? Because they didn’t get baptized? No, because they didn’t believe on Jesus.
Believing ON Jesus means that you don’t believe baptism saves you.
- If you believe baptism is required to be saved, you’re not saved. You won’t trust Jesus.
- “Well, I think I must be baptized.” Well, Jesus says you don’t. That means you’re wrong.
- And it’s not something you want to be wrong about.
 John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
- Hey, the light came into the world. Why will you not believe the light? Why will you not trust the light?
- Because you love darkness. The false preachers love the darkness. Why? Because their deeds were evil.
- The false preachers will call Jesus Christ a liar when they add works to salvation. Their deeds are evil.
- They’ll say, “But look at all the great works that I’ve done. I’m good.” Jesus says, “Nope. Wrong.”
 John 3:20-21 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
- When you come to the light finally, you’ll understand that what you’ve been doing is evil.
- You’ll understand that you shouldn’t walk around naked as most of this world does.
- When you study the Bible, God will light the way. When he lights the way, get ready to be uncomfortable.
- People don’t want to learn the Bible because it reproves you. You’ll realize that you aren’t so great.
- You’ll realize that you were WRONG. God is right. You’re wrong.
- You’ll begin to understand that no one is sinless. Even the so-called great men of God aren’t sinless.
- For some reason, people think their PREACHER is the greatest man in the world. The truth? He’s not.
- When you come to the light, you’ll understand that. The only one who is good is God Almighty. That’s it.
- That’s the last verse of Jesus preaching to Nicodemus in this chapter. Amazing preaching by Jesus Christ.
 John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.
- Now Jesus and his disciples come into Judaea. He stays there with them and they baptize.
 John 4:2 (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,)
- Jesus himself didn’t baptize anyone. Only his disciples did. So John 3:22 is talking about the disciples.
 John 3:23 And John also was baptizing in AEnon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.
- Where did John the Baptist go to baptize? He went where there was MUCH water. What’s that tell you?
- Much water is needed to baptize someone Biblically. He didn’t find a little cup of water and sprinkle it.
- Biblical baptism is going down into the water and coming up out of the water. Immersion. Much water.
- Was John the Baptist baptizing people so he could save them through baptism?
John The Baptist NEVER Preached Baptism Would Save You
 Acts 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
- John baptized with the baptism of repentance. Change of mind.
- He only baptized the people who believed on the SAVIOR who was coming after him. Christ Jesus.
 John 3:24 For John was not yet cast into prison.
- John the Baptist was still out there baptizing because he wasn’t in prison yet.
- He was cast into prison later by Herod because John reproved Herod for taking his brother Philip’s wife.
 Matthew 14:3-4 For Herod had laid hold on John, and bound him, and put him in prison for Herodias’ sake, his brother Philip’s wife. 4 For John said unto him, It is not lawful for thee to have her.
- Herod didn’t like that reproving so later he throws John the Baptist into prison.
- And later John the Baptist is beheaded in prison. He didn’t make it out. But he’s in a better place.
 2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
- John the Baptist did that. What did he get for following God’s commands? Prison and death.
- That means John the Baptist is living nice in heaven right now. I guarantee you that.
 John 3:25 Then there arose a question between some of John’s disciples and the Jews about purifying.
- What’s this talking about? It doesn’t say exactly, but an example of purifying is found in Leviticus.
 Leviticus 12:5 But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days.
- They were asking questions about something like this. Something to do with purification.
 John 3:26-27 And they came unto John, and said unto him, Rabbi, he that was with thee beyond Jordan, to whom thou barest witness, behold, the same baptizeth, and all men come to him. 27 John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.
- John the Baptist still has all of these disciples following even though he told them, “I am not the Christ.”
- Now, they appear to be jealous that Jesus Christ and his disciples are baptizing and ALL men come to him.
- John says, “Hey, a man can receive nothing except it be given him from heaven.”
- In other words, he’s saying that the only reason we had any success in the first place was due to God.
 John 3:28 Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.
- John the Baptist is teaching them that they should be following the SAVIOR.
- He’s not there to cause trouble for Jesus. He’s on the side of Jesus. We’re together.
 John 3:29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom’s voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.
- John is saying that Jesus is the groom. John says, “I’m just a friend of the groom.”
- “And I GREATLY rejoice because of the voice of Jesus. I am so happy he is here. My joy is fulfilled.”
- John the Baptist was there for Jesus. As a baby in his mother’s womb, he jumped for joy for Jesus.
 John 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease.
- False preachers, are you trying to INCREASE and decrease Jesus Christ?
- Or, are you doing what John the Baptist said? You should be decreasing while Jesus Christ increases.
- In other words, we’ll preach against the false preachers in this world. We’ll rebuke. We’ll decrease.
- But the word of God will increase. We won’t be looked upon as good, but the word of God will increase.
- John certainly decreased in his life. He went to prison. He was beheaded. Are you willing to decrease?
- Why don’t you try making your entire life more about Jesus and less about you? I need to do the same.
- We can’t be perfect, but he should be INCREASING in your life. Not decreasing. Increasing in YOUR life.
 John 3:31 He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.
- We’re earthly. We come from the earth. Jesus is above all because he came from heaven. He is God.
Set Your Mind On Things In Heaven
 John 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
- We need to set our minds on things above. Let’s focus on God and not this world.
- Good things come from above. Good things come from God.
 James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
- The world doesn’t have anything good for you. Put your focus on the things above. Live your life for God.
 John 3:32-33 And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony. 33 He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.
- People won’t listen to Jesus. Jesus says that the only requirement to be saved is to believe on HIM.
- That’s his testimony. That’s is Jesus Christ’s testimony. But it’s not enough for most preachers.
- But for those who do receive the testimony of Jesus Christ, we know that GOD IS TRUE.
- We know that we’re saved by believing on Jesus Christ alone.
- If someone believes on the Lord Jesus Christ but is never baptized, we know they’re going to heaven.
- We know that Jesus Christ speaks only the truth.
 John 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.
- When God sends someone, you’ll know because that person speaks the words of God.
- For example, the preacher that came to our house says, “Oh, we don’t need the Bible in church.”
- “All these churches want to use the Bible. We don’t use the Bible. It’s not that important.”
- You’ll know when someone is sent by God when they speak God’s words.
Jesus Christ is the Word of God. We know he speaks God’s words. We know God sent Jesus Christ.
- God doesn’t hold back the Spirit in ANY measure from the Lord Jesus Christ.
- He had it all. He had the fullest anointing of the Holy Spirit. God didn’t hold anything back. Jesus is God.
- That’s why he didn’t have the Spirit measured out unto him. He is God.
 John 3:35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.
- Obviously, there’s more than one. There’s the FATHER, there’s the SON, and there’s the HOLY SPIRIT.
- The Father loveth the Son. The Father has given ALL THINGS into his hand. ALL THINGS.
- Let’s get to this last verse, which is an amazing verse that summarizes John Chapter 3.
 John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
- If you believe on the Son of God to save you, you HAVE everlasting life right now.
- You don’t have to wait until later. You can have it right now. It’s EVER LASTING life.
- If it ends 50 years from now, then God lied because it really wasn’t everlasting. But God doesn’t lie.
- The false preachers are the liars.
- The false preachers, the false churches, the false religions that don’t agree with Jesus Christ are the liars.
- Believe on the Son and you have everlasting life.
- Believe not the Son and you shall not see life. What do you get instead?
- “THE WRATH OF GOD ABIDETH ON HIM.” You don’t want that. False preachers, you don’t want that.
- You better change your mind today, and put all your trust on Jesus Christ ALONE. It’s all him or nothing.