The title of the sermon today is “JOHN CHAPTER 5.”
Jesus Didn’t Baptize With His Own Hands
- In John Chapter 4 we learned that Jesus didn’t baptize others with His own hands.
- But we did see that His disciples were baptizing more people than John the Baptist.
- John Chapter 4 is one of my favorite chapters in the Bible right now. Why? The Samaritan woman.
- We see that Jesus travels through Samaria. He meets a Samaritan woman at the well.
- We see how Jesus preaches to this Samaritan woman, and it’s absolutely amazing.
- Watch what the Samaritan woman says and then how Jesus responds.
 John 4:11-12 The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water? 12 Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?
- She doesn’t know who Jesus is at this time. She says, “Who are you? You’re greater than Jacob?”
 John 4:13-14 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: 14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
- Then we see that she asks Jesus for this living water. She wants the living water.
- Jesus then shows her that He knows who she is. She’s had multiple husbands.
- She wants to argue with Him about where to worship God. He says it doesn’t matter.
- You must worship God in SPIRIT and in TRUTH. That’s why we must use the Bible to worship God.
- And then I have to include the next two verses in this quick summary of John Chapter 4.
- These are two of my favorites in the entire Bible.
 John 4:25-26 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. 26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.
- That’s amazing right there. Yes, I am jealous of that woman.
- She’s in the Bible learning that Jesus is standing right there in front of her.
- And she doesn’t take it lightly either. She goes and tells everyone about Jesus being there.
- THE MESSIAH IS HERE!!! She’s excited and tells everyone. Are you like that? Are you excited about Jesus?
- This Samaritan woman goes out and wins souls to Jesus Christ that day.
 John 4:39 And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did.
- And for others that didn’t yet believe she at least planted the seed within those people.
- And Jesus finished off the soul winning process.
 John 4:41-42 And many more believed because of his own word; 42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.
- To finish off John Chapter 4, we see Jesus heal a nobleman’s son from about 18 miles away.
 John 4:50-51 Jesus saith unto him, Go thy way; thy son liveth. And the man believed the word that Jesus had spoken unto him, and he went his way. 51 And as he was now going down, his servants met him, and told him, saying, Thy son liveth.
- With that quick summary of John Chapter 4, let’s start there in verse 1 of John Chapter 5.
Let’s Start On John Chapter 5
 John 5:1 After this there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
- After all these things from John Chapter 4, there is a feast of the Jews in Jerusalem.
- We see Jesus started in Judaea, went through Samaria, came to Galilee and is now going back to Jerusalem.
- There’s a map giving you a refresher on where these places happen to be.
- Notice Judea in the South with Jerusalem. Samaria in the middle with Sychar.
- Then you see Galilee there in the North with Cana and Capernaum by the Sea of Galilee.
- We don’t know for sure which feast was going on at this time, but it may have been the Passover.
- Jesus kept the Passover every year just as He commanded the children of Israel to do.
 John 5:2 Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches.
- This is referred to as the pool of Bethesda. It’s in Jerusalem by the sheep market with five porches.
- Remember, Jerusalem was destroyed by the Romans in the year 70 A.D. but remains have been found.
- And the remains of this pool are exactly where the Apostle John said in the Book of John.
- I’m mentioning this to you because this story isn’t found in the other Gospels.
- So, the corrupted modern Bible versions like the NIV remove verses.
- They think because we live in the modern age that we know more than John who was an eye witness.
- “We’re approximately 2,000 years from that time but we know better than John and God Almighty.”
 John 5:3 In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water.
- Impotent or weak and feeble, blind, halt or lame, and people with other issues would go to this pool.
- Why? They would go there to be healed by the moving of the waters.
- Evidence has been that there is a healing tradition associated with that pool of Bethesda.
- There were shrines found dedicated to a Greek god of healing.
- Pagan religions knew that people were being healed so they attributed that to their gods.
- Same thing happens in other parts of the Bible too. In Acts Chapter 14, Paul heals a man.
 Acts 14:10-12 Said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked. 11 And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men. 12 And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker.
- But let’s see what really happens at that pool. We find the truth within the Bible as always.
- Then, you can know 100% for sure what happened at that time.
 John 5:4 For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.
- The first to step in the water after this angel of God troubled or disturbed the water was healed.
- Now, look, some of verse 3 and all of verse 4 is removed from modern Bible versions.
- The NIV just skips over verse 4 completely. In the NIV, you’ll go from the verse numbered 3 directly to 5.
Wouldn’t that confuse you? Where’s verse 4? It’s gone. Same with the ESV. It’s gone.
- Once again, all Bible versions do not say and mean the same thing.
- There’s overwhelming proof that verse 4 was in the original manuscripts of the Bible.
- All of verse 3 and all of verse 4 are found in the majority of all Greek manuscripts.
- They remove them to cause confusion and God isn’t the author of confusion.
- Satan doesn’t like miracles. He wants to get rid of all the miracles that God does.
The Children Of Israel Didn’t Cross Through The Red Sea???
Did you ever look at the maps in a Bible or online for the Exodus of the children of Israel?
- You’ll see that the map never takes the route through the Red Sea.
- This is where God performed a great miracle and parted the waters of the Red Sea.
- He allowed the children of Israel to pass through on dry ground.
- The Red Sea is about 169,000 square miles. It averages 1,600 feet in depth. It’s huge.
- But the modern Bible scholars don’t believe God could have done that.
- So, they changed the path of the Exodus through the Reed Sea and not the Red Sea.
- They say that the people writing the Bible forgot to add an E and it’s actually the Reed Sea.
- Why would they do that? Because the Reed Sea is actually a shallow lagoon. It’s about 3 feet deep.
 Exodus 15:4-5 Pharaoh’s chariots and his host hath he cast into the sea: his chosen captains also are drowned in the Red sea. 5 The depths have covered them: they sank into the bottom as a stone.
- That’s what my Bible says right there. Can you imagine God parting a 3-foot lagoon?
- And then Pharaoh, the chariots, the horses, and the men who stand about 6-feet tall entering into that?
- And then God Almighty says, “3-feet of water be parted no more.”
- Would all of them drown in the 3 feet of water? No, they would laugh. It’s 3 feet of water.
- Would the depths cover them? Would they sink to the bottom as a stone?
- My Bible says the Red Sea and that is a great and mighty sea that God parted. That’s the truth.
- But Satan doesn’t like miracles. All of the miracles in the Bible are minimized and even removed.
 John 5:5-6 And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years. 6 When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole?
- This man had an infirmity or sickness for 38 years. Jesus sees him lying there and speaks with him.
- “Wilt thou be made whole?” or “Do you REALLY want to be healed?”
 John 5:7-8 The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me. 8 Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.
- This man couldn’t get into the water on his own to be healed. Someone always steps down before him.
- But Jesus comes along and says, “RISE, TAKE UP THY BED, AND WALK.”
 John 5:9 And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath.
- With Jesus, that man didn’t need to make it into the water. 38 years with this issue and Jesus speaks.
- And it’s done. The man is healed immediately. Amazing. He gets up immediately and walks.
- Keep in mind that Jesus healed this man on a sabbath day. No work is allowed.
- This man really wanted to be healed. He would try his best but he couldn’t get into that pool on his own.
 Psalm 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
- If you really want something according to God’s will, delight yourself in the Lord.
- He shall give you the desires of your heart if you delight in the Lord.
- That’s not worldly things. That’s not delighting in the Lord. This man simply wanted to walk.
 John 5:10-11 The Jews therefore said unto him that was cured, It is the sabbath day: it is not lawful for thee to carry thy bed. 11 He answered them, He that made me whole, the same said unto me, Take up thy bed, and walk.
- The Jews didn’t like this. They said that he couldn’t carry his own bed that he laid on.
- Now, is that a true statement? Can he not carry his own bed?
- Do you see a verse in the Bible that says, “Thou shalt not carry your own bed on the Sabbath?”
- No, it wasn’t a rule that God made. That man wasn’t doing servant work or anything else like that.
Jut Healed Of A Sickness Of 38 Years And He Can’t Pick Up His Bed And Walk???
This man was just healed of a sickness of 38 years and the Jews want to condemn him.
- He says, “Hey, I don’t really care what you say. This man that healed me told me to take up my bed.”
- “I’m going to listen to that man. He said take up thy bed and walk and that’s what I’m doing.”
- Same thing with us. Are we going to listen to Jesus Christ or these religions of the world?
- Jesus didn’t command that man to sin. I know for sure that carrying his bed wasn’t a sin for that reason.
- God hates sin. Jesus hates sin. He doesn’t command that man to sin.
 John 5:12-13 Then asked they him, What man is that which said unto thee, Take up thy bed, and walk? 13 And he that was healed wist not who it was: for Jesus had conveyed himself away, a multitude being in that place.
- The Jews are questioning this man. Who commanded you to go against our rules?
- For example, religions make up their own rules like: “Women cannot cut their hair at all.”
- “If you cut your hair at all in your lifetime, you will go to hell.” Same thing right there with the Jews.
- “You cannot carry your own bed on the Sabbath day.” That’s a made up rule. God doesn’t back that rule.
- The man who was healed didn’t know who healed him. He didn’t know who Jesus was.
- And Jesus had already went away through the multitude that was there.
 John 5:14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.
- Jesus finds him purposely in the temple. Tells him that he’s made whole. Don’t go and sin any more.
- Now, Jesus knows man isn’t perfect. We will sin and mess up. But God tells us to not sin. He hates sin.
- What does this tell you about this man who was sick?
- Jesus says, “Sin no more lest a worse thing come unto thee.”
- Sin will kill you. God doesn’t want bad things for you. That’s why He tells you to not sin.
Now, this could also mean that the man was sick because of his previous sin. God could have done that.
- But God can also take it away. He can give out a punishment, and He can make you whole again.
- But it doesn’t mean all sickness is God punishing someone for sin. But it can be.
- For this man who was sick, it appears that he was sick because of the sin in his life.
- Sin in itself can and will kill you. Drugs and alcohol will kill you and take others out too.
- Drugs and alcohol change your state of mind and causes you to act different.
- Anger, fighting, violence. Doing stupid things that are very dangerous. Why?
- God doesn’t want that for you and anyone else. But He allows you to make those choices.
 John 9:1-3 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. 2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? 3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.
- Don’t look at someone who is sick and automatically think they must be a great sinner.
- This man in John Chapter 9 was blind from birth. “Oh, well his parents must have been punished.”
- Do you see how the disciples thought that the man or his parents did some sin and were punished?
- That’s wrong. Now, could it have been? Yes, but not always. In other words, you don’t know.
So don’t act like you know. Don’t judge people who are sick when you have no idea.
- What about Job? The most righteous man living in the world. Is that not a good enough example?
- Jesus says right there too, “Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents.”
- Of course they are sinners but they weren’t punished for sin through this man’s blindness.
- The blindness wasn’t a punishment for sin.
Some Disease And Sickness Is There For A Purpose
Some sickness is there so the works of God should be made manifest or seen openly by others.
- You might say, “Well that’s not fair.” So you’re going to tell God what’s fair and not fair? No.
- Someone has cancer and they pray to God for months and he heals them openly so everyone can see.
- Jesus says, “Go and sin no more.” Why would He say that? Because He wants the best for you. Sin kills.
 John 5:15-16 The man departed, and told the Jews that it was Jesus, which had made him whole. 16 And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.
- The religious Jews who had made up their own rules persecute Jesus and want to kill Him.
- Why? Because He healed a man from a sickness of 38 years on the Sabbath.
- Now that’s sick. You know when something good happens to someone and you think bad about them?
- “Oh, so and so is pregnant again with another blessing from God. Well, good for her.”
- “How old is she? She’s 40? Isn’t that too old to have another child? Whatever. Good for her.”
- Don’t be like the religious Jews that wanted to kill Jesus for doing good on the Sabbath day.
- Jesus wasn’t sinning. Jesus knows the rules. He made them. He didn’t break them.
 John 5:17-18 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. 18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.
- Jesus says, “My Father is working right now, and I’m working too.”
- God the Father isn’t in heaven relaxing, having people serve Him, eating grapes.
- He’s working right now. He doesn’t rest. He doesn’t watch TV on the couch. He works.
- Don’t you think He wants you working too? What are you doing with all your time?
- It’s time to get to work for God. We need to be doing His work which is winning souls to Jesus Christ.
- But notice that Jesus tells them God is His Father.
- Yes, this means He is equal with God. He is the Son of God. The Jews sure didn’t like that.
- So, let’s watch what Jesus says to the Jews. And remember, Jesus is the King of the true Jews.
 John 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
- This shows us that God the Father and the Son of God are one, but they aren’t the same person.
- The Son sees the Father do something and He does the same. Just like a Father and a Son.
- They are different persons but they are one God. The Jews didn’t like to hear this.
 John 5:20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.
- Jesus is not God the Father. The Father loves the Son and shows Him all things that He does Himself.
- God the Father is going to show the Son of God, Jesus, greater works so that all people will marvel.
- If you aren’t already amazed at God and what He has created, you need to wake up.
- Have you taken a close look at God’s creation? Look closely at the animals. They are amazing.
- Each one of them has amazing characteristics that you aren’t seeing and noticing.
God’s Creation Is Amazing
Did you know a little root of grass can grow up between concrete and slowly move that concrete?
- We aren’t strong enough to move that concrete throughout the ground like that.
- We step on that little blade of grass. But the root of that grass is strong enough to slowly move concrete.
- Do you see the strength in God’s creation. It’s amazing. Take a closer look and marvel.
 John 5:21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.
- If you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, you’ve been quickened. You’ve been raised from the dead.
- You were dead, but now you’re alive. You’ve been quickened.
- God the Father does this. The Son of God does this.
 John 5:22-23 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
- In other words, you can’t separate God the Father from the Son of God.
- They are different persons hence Father and the Son, but they are ONE GOD.
- You MUST understand they are different persons because the Bible teaches this from cover to cover.
- In Genesis Chapter 1, God is a plural God. There’s more than one within God Almighty.
What does this mean when verse 23 says, “That all men should honour the Son even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father?”
- If you call God the Father “JESUS,” you’re saying the Son of God is no different than the Father.
- That’s false. They’re different persons in ONE GOD. They have different wills.
- Every person has a different will. Jesus says over and over again that He doesn’t do His own will.
- Obviously, you MUST honor BOTH the Father and the Son and different persons.
- If you say, “Well, there’s ONLY ONE” that means you’re denying the true nature of God.
- If you deny what God tells you in the Bible, let’s see what that makes you.
 1 John 2:22-23 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: but he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
- He is antichrist that denieth the Father and the Son.
- If you say Jesus is not a separate person from the Father, you are denying the Son of God.
- The Bible says, “You do not have the Father.” But acknowledge the Son of God, and you have the Father.
- The religion of Judaism doesn’t believe there is a Son of God. They are antichrist.
- Oneness Pentecostals believe that Jesus is God The Father. They are antichrist.
- They don’t believe God the Father and Jesus Christ are different persons. ANTI-CHRIST.
- Both religions also believe in a works based salvation.
 Galatians 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
- You can’t have faith in Christ Jesus if you don’t believe He exists as a separate person from the Father.
- Jesus prays to His Father in heaven. A voice comes from heaven while Jesus is on earth.
- The soul of Jesus Christ went to hell. God raised Him up from the dead.
- Jesus says I don’t do mine own will but the Father that sent me. What else do you need to hear?
- You MUST have faith in the Son of God to be saved from hell.
 John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
- The words that Jesus speaks are in 100% agreement with His Father. That’s what He’s saying here.
- Jesus Christ is equal to God the Father. They are one. They are equal. They are GOD ALMIGHTY.
- Believe on God and you will receive everlasting life. You can’t believe on God and not believe on Jesus.
- And I’m talking about the right Jesus within this Bible.
- You have everlasting life once you put your trust on God to save you.
- “You shall not come into condemnation but is PASSED from death unto life.”
- That means you pass over from death unto life. Spiritually you are born again a new creation.
- Not physically. You don’t receive a new body now. You’ll get that later at the rapture.
Believe On Jesus Christ = You’re Spirit Passes From Death Unto Life
Death is over there. Your spirit is dead before you hear God’s word. You’re spiritually dead before you believe.
- You hear God’s words preached. You believe on Jesus to save you. You’re spiritually passed over to life.
- Now, you’re over here and you can’t go back to death spiritually. It’s done. IT IS FINISHED.
- Everlasting life means you can’t lose it. You will NEVER be condemned by God. Do you see that or not?
 John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
- That was all of us. I was dead. But now I am alive. This is talking about spiritually.
- If you hear the words of God, this means you’re understanding them and believing them right now.
- The time is come right now. It’s here right now. It’s time for you to change your mind and believe.
- Hear the voice of the Son of God. These are His words that He spoke. They that hear shall live.
 John 5:26-27 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; 27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
- God lives on His own. No one created God almighty. God has life in HIMSELF. God can’t be killed.
- God can’t be removed. He is life on His own. We’re only living because He gave us life.
- We can be killed. We can be sent to hell. We can also avoid hell by following God’s simple plan.
- God holds your breath in His hands. Daniel Chapter 5 says, “And the God in whose hand thy breath is.”
- He can take your breath away whenever He wants. He is the ruler of the life that is within you.
- God has authority to execute judgement. This includes Jesus Christ. He is God.
- I want you to listen carefully to the words of these next two verses.
 John 5:28-29 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
- All that are within the graves shall hear his voice. And shall come forth.
- “They that have done good.” The Bible says there are none good.
- You can’t do good without being saved by the blood of Jesus Christ.
- If you’re saved by grace through faith, THEN you can do good works.
- If you don’t have that first drop of faith, you can’t do good.
- Without faith it is impossible to please God. No good work is done without first having faith.
- Saved people are the only ones who do anything good in their life.
- That doesn’t mean you will do good. You can have faith without good works. You’re saved.
What Are The Three Resurrections In The Bible?
We’ve went over the Book of Revelation in detail verse by verse. We talked about this Scripture right there.
- We know that the people are in the grave in this Scripture. This means they haven’t been resurrected.
- We know that there are 3 resurrections within the entire Bible. Do you remember those?
- 1) Jesus Christ the first fruits. He was resurrected from the dead. He is the first to be raised from the dead.
- 2) The rapture is the next resurrection. All saved people who have lived or are living prior to the rapture will be resurrected and given a new body.
- We know that the unsaved will not be resurrected at the rapture.
But this Scripture in John Chapter 5 is talking about saved and unsaved people being resurrected.
- “They that have done good unto the resurrection of life.” That’s the saved being resurrected.
- “They that have done evil unto the resurrection of damnation.” That’s the unsaved being resurrected.
- The saved get a brand new body that is sinless and that cannot sin.
- The unsaved are resurrected in their fleshly body that is full of sin and will be thrown into the lake of fire.
- We know this is talking about the final resurrection after the thousand year reign of Jesus Christ.
- We see this at the great white throne judgement in Revelation Chapter 20.
- And remember, the saved are NEVER judged to go to heaven or hell. You’re already saved and alive.
 Revelation 20:11-12 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
 Revelation 20:13-14 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
- The DEAD are judged according to their works. Why? Hell will have different levels. God is fair.
- Child molesters will receive the greater damnation. Serial killers will receive the greater damnation.
- ALL THAT are within the grave (that’s everyone who isn’t resurrected at this time).
- The unsaved are dead. The saved are alive. Some people are already in heaven at this time.
- The rapture has already happened at this time. So, it’s only those who have lived after the rapture.
- If you study the Revelation Chapter 20 sermon, you’ll understand this much better.
- John Chapter 5 is very long so I have to get moving for now.
 John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
- These other false religions cannot ignore this Scripture.
- If Jesus were God the Father, this Scripture would be a lie and wouldn’t make any sense at all.
- “I can of mine own self.” Look, Jesus has HIS OWN SELF. HIS OWN PERSON.
- He seeks not HIS OWN WILL but the will of the Father which sent me. Jesus was sent by the Father.
- He is not the Father. This isn’t difficult to understand. And it can’t be twisted.
 John 5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
- In other words, if it’s just JESUS alone and there is no one else like the Oneness Pentecostals say:
- Jesus says, “Then my witness is not true.” He says, “You can’t believe me if there’s just one.”
- I didn’t say it. JESUS CHRIST said it. “If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.”
- So, is there someone else in heaven besides the Son of God, Jesus Christ? Well, let’s see.
Jesus Is Not Alone
 John 5:32 There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.
- Jesus says there is ANOTHER that bears witness of Him. Let’s see who this other witness happens to be.
 John 5:33 Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.
- He’s talking about John the Baptist in this verse. He bears witness to the truth.
- But is John the Baptist from heaven? Is John the Baptist like God? No, of course not.
- Let’s keep reading and see who this witness of Jesus happens to be. There is ANOTHER.
 John 5:34 But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.
- Jesus says, “I didn’t receive testimony from John the Baptist. He’s just a man.”
- He says, “I’m telling you this so you might be saved. I hope you’ll believe what I’m telling you.”
- “If you believe what I’m telling you, you will be saved.” Jesus doesn’t waste His words.
 John 5:35 He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.
- This is talking about John the Baptist. He was there for a short time, but he was a burning light.
- He was a shining light. And in heaven, I guarantee you’ll see John the Baptist and his light.
- But they were only willing for a little while to rejoice in his light. But again, John is not the witness.
- But Jesus is saying you should listen to what John the Baptist said. He told you the truth.
 John 5:36-37 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me. 37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
- Jesus says, “John is not my witness. I have a GREATER WITNESS than that of John.”
- The Father has given me works to finish. He didn’t give Himself work to finish. The Father did.
- The works that Jesus does bear witness of Him. He couldn’t do those works unless the Father sent Him.
- Jesus says, “The Father sent me.” Why would He say that if He were the only one?
- He didn’t say, “I sent myself.” He didn’t say, “I bear witness of myself.”
- Now, would His witness be true? Yes, Jesus isn’t a liar. He’s telling the truth.
- But He’s saying, “I have another witness who is God the Father.”
These People Have Never Heard Or Seen The Father
And notice what He says at the end of verse 37.
- “Ye have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His shape.”
- The people Jesus was talking to have never heard God the Father’s voice nor seen His shape.
- If Jesus were God the Father, this wouldn’t make any sense. He’s talking to them right now.
- He’s right there face to face with these people.
- But He says, “You’ve never heard His voice or seen His shape.”
- Obviously, Jesus Christ the Son of God is not God the Father. This isn’t difficult.
- God isn’t trying to play games or trick us within His words.
- God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son of God, and the Holy Spirit are 3 persons in ONE GOD.
 John 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
- God the Father sent Jesus Christ. And they won’t believe what He’s saying.
- The Old Testament Scriptures that the Jews were given told them about Jesus Christ.
- Remember the Samaritan woman from John Chapter 4? She knew the Messiah was coming.
- How did she know? Because she knew the Scriptures. Jesus is telling them. I am the Savior.
- If you won’t believe what Jesus says, you won’t have the word of God abiding in you.
- If you think Jesus Christ is God the Father, you won’t have the word of God abiding in you.
- That’s the wrong Jesus. That’s not the Jesus within the Bible.
 John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
- Jesus says, “If you think I’m lying to you, then go search the Scriptures.”
- That’s what I say to people who think I’m lying to them. Go read the Bible for yourself.
- See if I’m telling you any lies. SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES. They testify of who Jesus really is.
- The Bible teaches us about the ONE TRUE GOD. We must have the right God.
- We don’t just say, “Yes, I believe the Bible” and what you’re actually saying is “I believe my religion.”
- And guess what? If your religion doesn’t align with the Bible, you don’t believe the Bible.
- You can say, “Yes, I believe in Jesus” but what if it isn’t the right one? How will you know?
- Jesus says, “Come and find me within the Scriptures!!! You will find me there.”
 John 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
- If you won’t come to Jesus, you’ll never find life. You’ll find death and hell.
- If you choose your religion over Jesus, you’ll die and go to hell.
 John 5:41-42 I receive not honour from men. 42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
- Jesus doesn’t receive honor from men. Those men right there don’t have the love of God within them.
- Do you need honor from men? I don’t care what man thinks of me. You can think bad of me all you want.
- I’m looking to receive honor from God. And the only way to do that is believe what He says.
- I don’t care if a man says that the soul of Jesus Christ didn’t go to hell.
- I don’t care if a man calls me a heretic for saying the soul of Jesus Christ went to hell.
 Acts 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
- I’ll trust what the Bible says verses trusting all of the smart Bible scholars that are way above me.
- But guess what? They aren’t above the word of God. They have no chance when they go against God.
 John 5:43 I am come in my Father’s name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
- You have false preachers everywhere around here. It’s flooded with liars in churches around here.
- I mean flooded with them. And people will listen to the liars. I listened to the liars for years.
- But what I didn’t do was take my Bible and compare it what they were saying.
- I couldn’t because I didn’t know the Bible. I couldn’t understand the words until I believed.
- I heard preaching with the true Gospel of Jesus Christ, THANK GOD, and I believed on Jesus Christ.
- Then, I studied and studied and studied some more. And I haven’t stopped studying.
- Why? Because now the words from God I can understand. And they are LIFE. I love them.
 Proverbs 4:20-22 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. 21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. 22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.
- I promise you right now. Get into the Bible. Give it everything you have each day.
- I won’t see you doing it. You won’t get praise from me. But don’t seek praise and honor from man.
- I know who will see you doing that. God will see. Jesus will see. Ask Him to help you understand.
- And then put the work forth. God works. Jesus works. You work. You will be amazed at what God does.
- “For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.”
 John 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?
- Who cares what men and women of this world think of you? I don’t. I put this all out for all to see.
- People will think of bad of me. They’ll say, “Did you see Josh preaching? Ha, ha, ha.” Do you think I care?
- I already know that will happen because the Bible tells me so, and I trust God.
 1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
- They think I’m foolish for preaching. Yes, people will think the same of you when you preach to them.
- But hopefully, they’ll change their mind and they’ll see that IT IS THE POWER OF GOD!!!
Seek Honor From God And Not From Man
Look for honor from God. Sometimes we won’t do good works unless we know someone is watching.
- “Well, I don’t want to go soul winning on my own because I need someone to see me doing this.”
- “I won’t get any credit from man if I go do this on my own.”
- Don’t look from credit and honor from man. Seek the honor and credit from God.
- One day in heaven, notice I said you’ll already be in heaven, God will pass all your works through a fire.
- If the works are good, you’ll gain everlasting rewards in heaven.
- It’s not like a dollar raise for your job so you can go on vacation next year.
- It’s not like a new car or a new home that simply rots away with time and wastes your time.
- We’re talking everlasting rewards that you’re storing up in heaven. God sees what you’re doing.
 John 5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.
- The Jews want to follow the law and they believe that following the law will get them to heaven.
- They think their works of following all of God’s law will show how righteous they are themselves.
- “Well, if I do all these good things, I will earn my way into heaven.”
- Hey, look, that’s most so-called Christian denominations. That’s a works based salvation.
- God calls that foolishness. Man thinks preaching is foolishness but God thinks a works based salvation is foolishness.
- Jesus is saying in this Scripture, “If you think that following the law will save you, Moses will accuse you.”
- That’s the law that was given to them by Moses. Moses brought that law from God to them.
 John 5:46-47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?
- The entire Bible speaks about Jesus Christ. Yes, Moses writes about Jesus Christ.
- When the religion of Judaism says that they believe the Books of Moses and follow them, is that true?
- Do they follow Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy?
- They don’t offer animal sacrifices. They sure aren’t keeping the whole law.
Just because they get huge companies like GE to design refrigerators that don’t fully work on Sabbath days, this doesn’t mean they are following the law.
- This is foolishness. “I follow the law because I bought a refrigerator that partly runs on Sabbath.”
- That’s no joke. Look it up. There are Sabbath modes on refrigerators for the Jews. Why?
- Because they think things like that are going to save them. Now whose foolish?
They believe the flood in Genesis is a fairy tale. They say Noah didn’t really exist.
- They don’t believe the Bible. How do I know? Because Jesus told me in that Scripture right there.
- They don’t believe Moses. They don’t believe the Bible. They don’t believe Jesus.
- If they never believe on Jesus, they’re headed to hell. So let’s pray they wake up soon.
- I hope today that you won’t be like them. Change your mind and believe God.