The title of the sermon today is “JOHN CHAPTER 8.”
The Jews Sought To Kill Jesus
- In John Chapter 7, we see Jesus walking in Galilee because the Jews sought to kill Jesus.
- We saw that the Feast of Tabernacles was at hand. That is a Fall feast so we know the time of year.
- We saw that His very own brethren did not believe in Him.
- He didn’t go to the Feast of Tabernacles YET because it wasn’t time, but He did go.
- Then we see Jesus tell us why the world hates Him. Let’s see why in John Chapter 7.
 John 7:6-8 Then Jesus said unto them, My time is not yet come: but your time is alway ready. 7 The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil. 8 Go ye up unto this feast: I go not up yet unto this feast; for my time is not yet full come.
- The world hated Jesus then and they hate Jesus today because He testifies that the world is evil.
- You have the so-called righteous Christians today that are just like the Pharisees.
- They’ll call THE Jesus Christ evil because of what they see in the Bible and make up their own God.
 2 Samuel 6:7 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God.
- God smote this man Uzzah because he put his hand on the ark. The man died by God.
- The righteous “Christians” don’t want to see that. They’ll call God evil for doing that.
- But they don’t even realize what they do each day is evil. HYPOCRITES. God is perfect.
- God gives the rules. Levites were to move that ark that Uzzah was carrying. They had the Scriptures.
- There’s hundreds of examples of God taking people out because they don’t follow His commandments.
- But the false Jesus of the Christians today would NEVER do that because their Jesus is better than that.
- Their Jesus allows you to do whatever you want and will love you no matter what.
- The real Jesus is hated by these false Christians in the world today just like the Pharisees.
We also see in John Chapter 7 that Jesus goes up to the feast at a later time.
- We also see Jesus walk straight into the temple and start to teach.
- His teaching was so amazing that the Jews marveled.
 John 7:15-16 And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned? 16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
- His teaching was so amazing because it’s straight from God Almighty. Jesus is God Almighty.
- The Jews were seeking to kill Jesus because he healed a man on the Sabbath Day.
- Because of the preaching from Jesus in John Chapter 7, many people believed on Him.
- Jesus tells the Jews that He’s going away to a place they can’t come.
 John 7:37-38 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
- Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, the one in the Bible, and you will be saved.
- What are the rivers of living water that will flow out of your belly?
 John 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
- Once Jesus was raised from the dead, the indwelling of the Holy Spirit is given to those who believe.
- Notice the Scripture doesn’t add any works to being saved. Simply believe on Jesus Christ to save you.
- The Pharisees sent officers to take Jesus Christ. They wanted Him dead.
- But the officers didn’t take Jesus in John Chapter 7. Do you remember why? Listen to this.
 John 7:45-46 Then came the officers to the chief priests and Pharisees; and they said unto them, Why have ye not brought him? 46 The officers answered, Never man spake like this man.
- Jesus Christ is the WORD OF GOD. When He speaks, He speaks with PURE POWER.
- They didn’t take Him because of His words. “NEVER MAN SPAKE LIKE THIS MAN.”
- At the end of John Chapter 7, we see Nicodemus defend Jesus Christ.
- This is the same Nicodemus from John Chapter 3.
 John 7:50-51 Nicodemus saith unto them, (he that came to Jesus by night, being one of them,) 51 Doth our law judge any man, before it hear him, and know what he doeth?
- The Pharisees respond by saying, “For out of Galilee ariseth no prophet.”
- And every man went unto his own house in the very last verse of John Chapter 7.
- With that, let’s start there in verse 1 of John Chapter 8.
 John 8:1-2 Jesus went unto the mount of Olives. 2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.
- After the Feast of Tabernacles, Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. This is the Mount of Olives today.
- It’s about one mile East of Jerusalem. Jesus goes there often within the Gospels.
- Here’s the first use of the phrase “Mount of Olives within the Bible:”
 Zechariah 14:1-2 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. 2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
 Zechariah 14:3-4 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. 4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
- And His feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the East.
- We see Jesus go to the mount of Olives in John Chapter 8 and then back to the temple to teach.
- Jesus knew they were ready to learn so He goes back in the morning to teach in Jerusalem.
- Next, in John Chapter 8, we see a woman taken in adultery in verses 3 through 11.
Modern “Bible” Perversions Cast Doubt
Did you know that the modern Bible perversions like the NASB, NIV, ESV all cast doubt on this Scripture?
- Starting in John Chapter 7 verse 53 to John Chapter 8 verse 11, they take out the text or put it in brackets.
- Even though there’s undeniable proof that the Scripture belongs, they say: “It was added at a later time.”
- And what happens? Everyone goes, “Oh, these people are Bible scholars so I believe them automatically.”
- So, keep this in mind as we read this Scripture today. Bible perversions remove it from the Bible.
 John 8:3-4 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
- Jesus comes to the temple in Jerusalem to teach. The scribes and Pharisees have a plan.
- They bring this woman to him who was in the very act of committing adultery.
- Now, do you actually trust the scribes and the Pharisees? Think about that. They’re liars, hypocrites.
- They are of their father the devil. So, who knows if they actually caught this woman in the very act.
 John 8:5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
- They are now tempting Jesus and trying to catch Him with something to make Him look bad to the people.
- What does the law of Moses actually say and who gave Moses this law? Jesus did. Let’s see what it says.
 Leviticus 20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man’s wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.
 Deuteronomy 22:22 If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, then they shall both of them die, both the man that lay with the woman, and the woman: so shalt thou put away evil from Israel.
- The Pharisees are saying the woman was taken in the very act of adultery.
- This means the woman must have been married. But notice who is missing. Where’s the man?
- The man isn’t there. They took the woman, but where’s the man? Why didn’t they take both of them?
- That’s more proof that they’re lying about this. Both the man and the woman should be put to death.
Do you see how the Pharisees and the scribes can’t even get the word of God right?
- They make it out to be whatever they want it to be and they ignore the actual words.
- Notice that a man who is married and the woman is not is not put to death.
- But, if a woman is taken already in marriage, then this is considered adultery and both are put to death.
- Now, why were the scribes and Pharisees doing this? Let’s see what the Bible says. Verse 6.
 John 8:6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
- The Jews were tempting Jesus so they could accuse Him of doing wrong.
- What were the accusations going to be? Jesus could say to put her to death or to not put her to death.
- Do you see how they’re trying to catch Jesus here?
- If He says to put her to death, then He’s breaking an earthly law.
- If He says to ignore God’s word, then He’s breaking God’s law. Jesus knows this already.
 John 18:31 Then said Pilate unto them, Take ye him, and judge him according to your law. The Jews therefore said unto him, It is not lawful for us to put any man to death:
- In other words, it was not lawful for the Jews to put anyone to death. They lived under Roman law.
- The Jews were not a nation anymore. The Romans conquered them and ruled over them.
- The Romans didn’t have the death penalty for adultery.
- If Jesus says to put this woman to death fro adultery, He would be breaking Roman law.
- And what would happen? He would be put to death for doing something wrong.
- If He went against God’s law, then He would be in sin and we know Jesus didn’t sin once.
- So, what does Jesus do in this situation? We need to learn from this and think fast in the future.
- He stoops down like He didn’t hear them. It’s not because He didn’t know what to say.
- It’s because that’s the perfect action in this situation. He ignores them. But they keep asking Him.
 John 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
- Jesus doesn’t go against God’s law. He doesn’t speak against it and say it’s wrong to put her to death.
- Jesus doesn’t go against the Roman law. The Jews aren’t in power. Their law isn’t being enforced.
- And that was God’s perfect plan too. Jesus says, “He that is without sin among you, let him cast a stone.”
- With this answer, NO ONE can accuse Jesus of breaking God’s law or breaking Roman law.
- If the Israelites were in power and the woman actually committed adultery, the man and the woman would have been put to death.
- But they weren’t in power. Their law wasn’t being enforced. Just like in this country today.
- The Old Testament law is not the law enforced in this country. It’s very similar to the Romans.
Would You Break The Law And Murder Someone?
If the same thing happened today and the people brought a woman to you just like this, what would you do?
- If you put her to death, you would be a murderer according to our law in the United States.
- You would be guilty of breaking the law, and you would suffer the consequences.
- What would you say? You would say, “It is not lawful for me to put her to death.”
- And the scribes and Pharisees knew this. That’s why they were tempting Jesus.
- But, is God’s law perfect? Yes it is. You wouldn’t say, “Well, God’s law is outdated and wrong.”
- If you think that, you have no idea who God Almighty is and how He is perfect in all ways.
- You don’t take the law into your own hands. If God’s law is being enforced, the nation will enforce it.
- Jesus doesn’t answer their question because it’s an ignorant question. He acts like He doesn’t hear it.
Now, some preachers will act like they know what Jesus was writing on the ground. Guess what?
- They don’t know what Jesus wrote on the ground because it’s not written in the Bible.
- They come up with this great addition to the Scripture. Don’t ever let anyone add words to Scripture.
 Proverbs 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
- Let’s continue in verse 8 of John Chapter 8.
 John 8:8-9 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
- Jesus didn’t have to say anything else. He said what He needed to say and stooped down again.
- Their own conscience convicted them of their sin. The eldest started by leaving until there was none left.
- Only Jesus Christ and the woman said to be taken in adultery was left there.
 John 8:10-11 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
- Now, do you ever see Jesus executing judgement on someone during His first coming?
- Did He physically EVER take the law into His own hands? No, He didn’t ever do that.
- Could He have? Yes, He could have, but that was not the reason He came the first time.
- Why did He come the first time? He came to save.
 John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
- The WORD OF GOD in the Scriptures, condemns the world. God executes judgement any time He wants.
- And if He did, most of us would be dead right now. There wouldn’t be anyone left on earth.
 Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
- Jesus doesn’t approve of adultery because He didn’t put that woman to death.
- Jesus doesn’t approve of all of the sin that we do because we aren’t “under the law.”
- Some false preachers will say that all sin is okay because we aren’t under the law any more.
- Adultery is okay because we’re saved from our sin. No, it’s not. King David was saved.
- Because of his adultery, King David went through a lot of trouble. No peace in his worldly life.
 2 Samuel 12:9-10 Wherefore hast thou despised the commandment of the LORD, to do evil in his sight? thou hast killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword, and hast taken his wife to be thy wife, and hast slain him with the sword of the children of Ammon. 10 Now therefore the sword shall never depart from thine house; because thou hast despised me, and hast taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be thy wife.
 2 Samuel 12:11 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.
- “The sword will never depart from thine house.”
- “I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house.”
- King David was saved, committed sin worthy of death, repented of that sin, and was punished for it.
- Sin is not okay. God hates all sin. So it’s not okay to sin. Just remember that God hates sin.
- And what I’ve just said matches with the command Jesus gives that woman in verse 11.
- He says, “GO AND SIN NO MORE.” He didn’t say, “Go and sin. Do what you want. It’s okay. I still love you.”
- Jesus NEVER says anything like that. It’s not okay to sin.
 John 8:12-13 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. 13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.
- Jesus starts to preach again at another time. He says, “I am the light of the world.”
- If you follow Jesus, you shall have the light of life. Jesus will light your ways. You’ll know what to do.
- You won’t be lost in this world. Will you have trouble? Yes you will. But you won’t be confused and lost.
- The Pharisees answer the preaching of Jesus by telling Him that He has no other witness.
- “Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.” Is Jesus HIMSELF HIS ONLY witness?
 John 5:31-32 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. 32 There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.
 John 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
- So, we already know what Jesus says is the truth. He has heavenly witnesses.
- There are 3 eternal witnesses.
 1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
- Jesus is bearing record of Himself here in John Chapter 8, but He is not alone. He has witnesses.
- And what He is saying here in John Chapter 8 is true. “THY WORD IS TRUTH.” Jesus is THE WORD.
We Aren’t From Heaven Like Jesus
 John 8:14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.
- Jesus knows that He came from heaven. He wasn’t formed out of the dust of the earth.
- Jesus knows that He’s going back to heaven to be seated at the right hand of His Father.
- Jesus is from heaven. We aren’t from heaven. We don’t what it’s like there.
 John 8:15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.
- As a human, we can only look at the outward appearance and judge. We judge after the flesh.
- Jesus doesn’t judge like we do. He doesn’t judge a man by the flesh or appearance of the body.
- Does He judge, though? Yes, Jesus judges but not according to the flesh.
- How does Jesus judge man? Well, we learned that in John Chapter 5 if you remember. Listen to this.
 John 5:22-23 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
 John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
- Jesus judges you to be saved on whether or not you hear and believe His words.
- If you believe that God is the only one who can save you and you want Him to save you, He will.
- If you believe on Jesus, you have everlasting life. This is the judgement for heaven or hell.
- Believe on Him and go to heaven. Don’t believe on Him and go to hell. That is “THE JUDGEMENT.”
- If Jesus were alone, His witness and His judgement would not be true. But He’s not alone.
 John 8:16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.
- “I AM NOT ALONE.” Who else is with Jesus the Son of God? There’s more than one person in God.
- “I AND THE FATHER THAT SENT ME.” The Father sent Jesus.
- The Father didn’t disappear while Jesus was on earth. God the Father is always there. He doesn’t go away.
- Jesus is always there. He doesn’t go away. The Holy Spirit is always there. He doesn’t go away.
 John 8:17-18 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. 18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
- Jesus is not alone. He is not the only one. Yes, there is one God but there’s more than one person in God.
- The testimony of TWO MEN is true. Jesus is one that bears witness of Himself and the Father is another.
- If there were only one person, would this Scripture make any sense at all? Jesus isn’t trying to deceive us.
 Deuteronomy 17:6 At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.
 Deuteronomy 19:15 One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.
 Matthew 18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
 2 Corinthians 13:1 This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.
 Hebrews 10:28 He that despised Moses’ law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
 Revelation 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
- Why do you think God sends TWO WITNESSES in the Book of Revelation?
- Remember this in your life when one person comes to you with an accusation.
- You better have more than one witness. You better make sure the accusation is true.
- Do you think God Almighty would have made that law if there was only one person in God?
- He clearly says, “THERE IS ANOTHER THAT BEARETH WITNESS OF ME.”
 John 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.
- They want to see the Father of Jesus. “Go get Him so we can see Him, Jesus!!!”
 John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
 John 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.
- Jesus doesn’t go fetch His Father because He isn’t an earthly Father.
- Me? Someone could say, “Hey, where is your Father you speak of right now?”
- And I would say, “Hey, look, he’s right there. That’s my Father.”
- No man hath seen God the Father. But they are seeing Jesus Christ right there in John Chapter 8.
- Jesus tells them that they don’t know Him nor do they know the Father.
God The Father And The Son Of God Are One God
- If you know Jesus, you’ll know the Father too. Why is that? Because they are the same God.
- But obviously, they are not the same person. They are ONE GOD in three persons.
- Jesus continued to make Himself equal with God through His words. The religious people HATED that.
- But they couldn’t do anything about that yet. Why is that? His hour was not yet come.
 John 8:20-21 These words spake Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the temple: and no man laid hands on him; for his hour was not yet come. 21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.
- Jesus says, “Don’t believe me, and you will die in your sins. You aren’t coming where I’m going.”
- “You’ll look for me, but you won’t find me. You will die in your sins.”
- “I’m going to heaven to be with my Father, and you aren’t coming with me.”
- Why? Because they wouldn’t believe on Him. They become rejected. They see Him with their eyes.
- And they won’t believe. We haven’t see Jesus with our own eyes, but yet we believe.
 John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
- That means you are blessed if you believe. “Blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.”
 John 8:22-23 Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come. 23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
- Jesus says, “Where I go, you cannot come.” He’s talking to those who won’t believe He is THE SAVIOR.
- He explains to them why they can’t go there. He is from above. He is from heaven. Not this world.
 John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
- That’s the words of Jesus right there. “For if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.”
- Where’s the works that go along with that? What about baptism? What about speaking in tongues?
- Does Jesus say, “If you believe not, aren’t baptized, and don’t speak in tongues, you will die in your sins?”
- Jesus is talking about forgiveness of sins right here. How are you forgiven of all your sin?
- How do you not die in your sins? You simply BELIEVE that Jesus is THE SAVIOR, THE SON OF GOD.
 Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
- We MUST believe that Jesus ALONE is THE SAVIOR. It’s not of us and our works.
- We have to believe on Him alone. It’s not Jesus PLUS anything else. Nothing else. Not baptism.
- If it’s Jesus plus anything else, you will die in your sins just like Jesus says.
- People who believe salvation also includes their own works like baptism will die in their sins.
- Believing that salvation also includes baptism is a GREAT SIN in itself.
 Matthew 7:21-23 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
- That’s going to be a sad day when we watch our friends being thrown into hell because of a works based salvation.
- It’s not something small. It’s not funny. It’s called stiffnecked. It’s called religion over God Almighty.
- It doesn’t matter what MAN says. It doesn’t matter what your family says. It matters what God says.
 Deuteronomy 10:16 Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.
- Listen to God and stop being stiffnecked. Change your mind and hear His words.
- Jesus alone is the Savior of the world and that includes all of us. It’s not the works we do. It’s Jesus.
 John 4:42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.
- Jesus is THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD. You aren’t the Savior. Your religion isn’t the Savior.
- Put all of that aside and come to Jesus alone. Once you do, you’ll see the truth. He lights the way.
- I only understand the Bible now because He lit my path. You only understand because He lights the way.
 John 8:25-27 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning. 26 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him. 27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.
- Can you imagine looking at GOD ALMIGHTY and saying, “Who do you think you are? Who are you, Jesus?”
- Wow, I don’t want to be a part of that. “You’re saying all we have to do is believe on you? Who are you?”
- “I’ve got my great circumcision. I’ve followed all the law. I’m great. You think you’re saving me?”
- That’s the same thing false religion is doing today. Same exact thing.
- “My great faith, My great baptism, My great works, My great religion, My great church is saving me!!!”
- WRONG!!! Nothing saves but the Lord Jesus Christ and the work that He did as the sacrifice for all sins.
I Am Who I Said I Am From The Beginning
Jesus says back to them: “I am who I said to you from the beginning. I am the light of the world.”
- “I am the Son of God. I am THE SAVIOR. I am who I said I am. I AM,” Jesus says.
- Jesus says, “I have MANY things to judge of you. I’ve got work to do.”
- “My Father sent me and He is true. I have things to speak that came from my Father.”
- They didn’t understand that Jesus was sent from God the Father.
- And many so-called Christian religions today don’t believe that either.
- The religion of Judaism still doesn’t believe that Jesus was sent from God the Father.
- I’ll tell you right now. I know that He was sent from the ONE TRUE GOD. I believe every word here.
 John 8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
- They will lift up the Son of man. They will lift Him up on the cross and kill Him there on the cross.
- When they do that, they will know that Jesus is THE SON OF GOD. There are signs when Jesus died:
- A great earthquake, darkness in the middle of the day for 3 hours, graves were opened, dead arose.
- The veil of the temple was rent in two from the top to the bottom.
- Jesus says, “You’ll know that I am HE. And I don’t do these things on my own.”
- “I speak what my Father has taught me to speak.”
 John 8:29-30 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him. 30 As he spake these words, many believed on him.
- The Father was with Jesus at that time. He didn’t leave Jesus alone. Jesus always pleases God the Father.
- He never sinned. “For I do always those things that please Him.” I wish I could say the same.
- But I sin every day against God, and that’s very sad when God does so much for me.
- As Jesus spoke these words, many believed on Him. I hope you believe on Him today.
- Jesus is the greatest preacher ever. If His words don’t convince you, then you’re in trouble.
- You shall die in your sins. And you don’t want that. Just believe on Jesus Christ to save you.
 John 8:31-32 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
- When you believe on Jesus, you’re saved in a moment. When they believed, they were saved.
- Then what do you do next? You have a choice. Follow Jesus or follow yourself and the world.
- If you want to live in darkness until you die and go to heaven, then follow the world.
- If you want to live in the light where is the good things, follow Jesus Christ. How do you do that?
- Jesus tells us how right here in John Chapter 8. “IF YE CONTINUE IN MY WORD.”
- You become a disciple of Jesus Christ, a follower of Jesus, by continuing in HIS WORD.
- That’s what we’re doing right now. His words is what changes us within. Hear them and believe them.
So, you can be saved and not be a disciple or follower of Jesus Christ.
- False religions will tell you that you must be a follower of Jesus Christ to finally be saved in the end.
- These are the same people who aren’t saved because they have a false Gospel and a false way to heaven.
- “If you continue in His word, THEN you are His disciples indeed.” I want to be a disciple of Christ.
- I know it is the good way. I know everything else is bad and a horrible way. I don’t want any of that.
- I’ve been there and done that. It’s not the way. Jesus is the way.
- When you follow Him, “Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
- Doesn’t it sound great to be free? Truly free!!! You’re free from the world. Get rid of the worry.
- You have God who will take care of you. Lose your job. Who cares? God will make the way.
- Lost your home? So did Elijah. No money for food and water like Elijah. God sent food and water.
 Matthew 6:25-26 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
- You’re free because you have God Almighty. The world doesn’t control you. The world doesn’t stop you.
- You are in the hands of God. It’s time to do what He says. Follow Jesus Christ. The world will hate you.
- But really? Who cares? You’re pleasing God by following Jesus. Who else and what else matters?
- God made the heavens, the galaxies, and the earth. Have you looked around? Do you know how big?
- You don’t think He can take care of you? Yes, He can and He will when you follow Him.
 John 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham’s seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
- And again, the Jews miss the entire point of what Jesus is saying. “We’re of Abraham. Abraham is great.”
- Do you see how they are so arrogant to believe that their fleshly Father is what makes them free?
- “We were never in bondage to any man.” Did they look around? The Romans are ruling over them.
- They’re wondering what Jesus means about being free. Did you know that your soul is free from sin?
- Your flesh sure isn’t, but God has given the saved a Helper that can keep you from sinning in the flesh.
 John 8:34-35 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
- If sin is counted to your soul, you’re a servant of sin. And you won’t be free. You will die in your sins.
- If you’re saved, your soul is free from sin and you are no longer a servant to sin.
- God even gives us a picture of the servant of sin versus the free.
Hagar Is The Bondwoman And Sarah Is The Freewoman
 Galatians 4:28-29 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. 29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
 Galatians 4:30-31 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman. 31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.
- Jesus says, the servant abideth not in the house for ever. Hagar was kicked out of the house.
 Genesis 21:9-10 And Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, which she had born unto Abraham, mocking. 10 Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac.
- So, the Jews bring up Abraham. Well, Abraham kicked the bondwoman out of the house.
- This is a picture of God kicking out anyone who won’t believe.
- How do you not get kicked out? Jesus is going to tell them in John Chapter 8 verse 36.
 John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
- Jesus says to believe on Him as the Savior, and “YE SHALL BE FREE INDEED.”
- But what do the false preachers say? The opposite of Jesus Christ.
- Never let someone tell you that you aren’t saved once you’ve trusted Jesus to save you.
- Believe that verse right there. Jesus made you free. YE SHALL BE FREE INDEED.
- That’s God Almighty speaking. He drowns out all the other little pitiful voices from man.
 John 8:37-38 I know that ye are Abraham’s seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. 38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
- Jesus knows that they are physically Abraham’s seed.
- But that doesn’t make them spiritually Abraham’s seed. That doesn’t make them saved.
- But false preachers continue to say that all of physical Israel will be saved.
- Jesus is teaching right here that they aren’t saved. These will NEVER be saved.
- He says that HIS WORD has no place in them. Why is that? Because they are of their father.
- Jesus, obviously, has a different Father than them. They don’t have God.
- We’ll find out who their father is here soon. Jesus does works that His Father does.
- They do works that their father does. Their works are evil. The works of Jesus are righteous.
 John 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
- In other words, they aren’t Abraham’s children even though they physically came from his seed.
- They don’t do the works of Abraham, but they sure say they do.
- They say, “Oh yes, we’re righteous. We follow God. We are great.” Just like the false religions.
 John 8:40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
- Abraham never tried to kill someone over the truth from God. Jesus says, “I’m telling you the truth.”
 John 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
- Jesus tells them they do the deeds of their father who is not Abraham. And they argue back with God.
- Some people just can’t stop arguing. When Jesus says something, the argument should be over.
- They say, “We aren’t born of fornication.” Look, if God isn’t your Father, you’re born of fornication.
- A child born of fornication, which is outside of marriage, is called a bastard.
- This is the fleshly name for a child born of fornication, but SPIRITUAL things are far more important.
 Hebrews 12:6-8 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. 7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? 8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
- If you’re a child of God, you can know that God will chastise you for your sins in the flesh.
- You will sin and you will be punished for those sins in the flesh.
- If not, God says you are a bastard and not a son. So, the Jews here say: “Our Father is God.”
- “We are not born of fornication. We come from the seed of Abraham.”
- They’re basing everything on the fleshly side of things and not on the spiritual side of things.
- God’s not chastening them because they aren’t His children. To God, the fake Jews are spiritual bastards.
- Not fleshly bastards but spiritual bastards. And what’s more important? SPIRITUAL.
- Any child that is born a bastard fleshly can be adopted by God in heaven spiritually.
Anyone Can Be Adopted Into God’s Family
 Romans 8:14-15 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
- Once we believe on Jesus Christ, we are adopted by God Almighty into His family.
- Until then, we are all spiritual bastards because our Father is not God UNTIL we believe on Jesus Christ.
 John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
- So, we need to stop worrying about the flesh so much and get to spiritual things.
- We don’t want our family, friends, and strangers to be spiritual bastards to God Almighty.
- They need to be saved. They need to be adopted into God’s family so they have a heavenly Father.
- If God is your Father, you will love the Jesus Christ in this Bible. He came from God. He was sent from God.
 John 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
- The words from Jesus Christ are very clear, but they couldn’t understand Him. They were too stiffnecked.
- They were circumcised in their flesh but not in their hearts. They wouldn’t listen to the Word of God.
- “Oh no, that doesn’t match my religion so I’ll listen to my religion over Jesus Christ.” That’s what they did.
- Now let’s find out who their father really is since it isn’t God the Father in heaven.
 John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
- Their father is the wicked one who sinned from the beginning. He was a murderer and a liar.
- This would be Satan, Lucifer, the devil, dragon, the slimy serpent. He is the father of lies.
- Jesus Christ came to destroy the works of the devil. And that He did.
 1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
- And you can destroy the works of the devil by believing on Jesus Christ to save you from your sins.
- You don’t want your Father to be Satan like the scribes and Pharisees here in John Chapter 8.
 John 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
- Jesus tells them the truth. They can’t prove Him wrong in anything because He is the truth.
- That makes them angry. When you can’t prove someone wrong, you can get mad.
- Well, guess what? You’ll never prove anything in this Bible to be wrong.
- And the evil people of this world will get angry about the Bible. Why?
- Because the Bible tells you the truth. “Ye believe me not.”
 John 8:46-47 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? 47 He that is of God heareth God’s words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
- When you go to someone’s door to give the Gospel, most won’t believe you. It’s the truth.
- They won’t believe. Jesus never did anything wrong. Who is going to prove that He did?
- That’s what He says right there in verse 46. He only speaks the truth.
- Many people won’t believe today because so many men and women have corrupted God’s word.
- But we still have it right here in the King James Bible. Hear God’s word and learn the truth.
- For those who won’t listen, verse 47 is a warning.
If you tell someone that all you have to do to be saved is believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and they say, “Oh no.”
- “It takes more than that. You have to do all these other things. You have to be faithful unto death.”
- “It’s a process. You must be baptized. You must do all these good works.”
- This simply means they are not of God. “He that is of God heareth God’s words.”
 Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
- If you believe in Jesus to give you remission of sins, He’ll do it. And that’s all it takes.
- If anyone gives any type of perversion to that, they are not of God. Stay away.
 John 8:48-50 Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil? 49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me. 50 And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.
- Jesus Christ is standing right in front of them and they tell Him that He has a devil.
- I bet they’re screaming in pain and agony right now as their soul burns in hell for eternity.
- Jesus says, “I have NOT a devil. I honor my Father. But you dishonor me.”
- You better hope Jesus doesn’t say that to you. Jesus seeks God’s glory. And God will seek and judge.
- If you haven’t yet believed on Jesus, you might as well give it up today. Why?
You Will Bow To Jesus Christ
 Philippians 2:10-11 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
- One day whether you’re in heaven or hell you will bow to the Lord Jesus Christ.
- You will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the GLORY of God the Father.
 John 8:51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
- Now this really makes them angry. Jesus says, “If you keep my saying, you shall never see death.”
- They can’t keep it because they won’t even hear it. They won’t listen.
 John 8:52-53 Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death. 53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?
- Jesus wasn’t talking about a physical death of the body. He’s talking about a spiritual death in hell.
- They say, “We know you have a devil because Abraham and the prophets died.”
- “Jesus, do you really think that you’re greater than OUR FATHER Abraham? He is dead.”
- “Who do you think you are, Jesus? Whom makest thou thyself?”
 John 19:7 The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.
- They were accusing Jesus of making Himself the Son of God. They call Jesus a false Messiah.
- The fake Jews hate Jesus Christ. The religion of Judaism will tell you that today. They hate Jesus.
 John 8:54-55 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God: 55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
- Jesus doesn’t honor Himself. GOD ALMIGHTY in heaven honors the Lord Jesus Christ.
- If God in heaven honors Jesus and He is supposedly your God, then why don’t you?
- Jesus tells them that they don’t know God AT ALL. But Jesus does know Him closely.
- If He tells them He doesn’t like they want, He would be a liar just like them.
Notice, yes, in verse 55 Jesus calls them LIARS right there.
- So, you might not think it’s nice to call someone a liar but that means you’re better than Jesus.
- If a preacher says something against the word of God, YES, he is a liar. Men are not good. All men are liars.
- “Oh, honey, you shouldn’t call anyone a liar because we’re better than that.”
- So you’re better than Jesus Christ? Yes, that’s what your evil religion teaches you.
 John 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
- Did you know Abraham saw Jesus Christ, the Son of God, face to face? “He saw it and he was glad.”
 Genesis 18:1-3 And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; 2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, 3 And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:
- Abraham was so glad to see HIS LORD AND SAVIOR Jesus Christ that day.
- He asked Him to please don’t go away. I’m going to go get you some water.
- I want to get your feet washed. Please rest under this tree. I’ll get you some bread to comfort you.
- Abraham and went and got a calf, butter, milk, and dressed it all up nicely. And they ate with Abraham.
- Abraham was GLAD to see Jesus Christ!!! But the Jews in John Chapter 8 hated Him.
 John 8:57-59 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? 58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. 59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.
- We know that Jesus Christ is God and God is eternal meaning He always existed.
- We know that all things were created by Jesus Christ, through Jesus Christ, and for Jesus Christ.
- Of course He knew Abraham. He spoke with Him face to face.
- It’s not a privilege to know a man like Abraham. It’s a privilege to know Jesus Christ.
I Can’t Wait To Meet God
Sometimes I might say: “I can’t wait to meet Elijah. I can’t wait to meet Joshua.”
- “I can’t wait to meet Sarah. I can’t wait to meet Ruth. I can’t wait to meet Paul.”
- “I can’t wait to meet Stephen.” But the truth is, I can’t wait to meet Jesus Christ.
- The only thing that draws us to these people in the Bible is the SPIRIT OF GOD.
- They were only great because of the SPIRIT OF GOD. It wasn’t fleshly the man or the fleshly woman.
- It was and is THE SPIRIT OF GOD that makes us want to meet those people. AND THAT IS JESUS CHRIST!!!
Jesus says, “Before Abraham was, I AM!!!”
- They took stones to stone Him right there but it wasn’t His time.
- Jesus hid Himself not because He was scared. Jesus could have thought one thought and it would be over.
- But He didn’t because He was always doing the will of His Father.
- He went right through the middle of them and passed them by.
- Don’t let Jesus go right past you today. If you haven’t been saved, now is the time.
- Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.