- Sermon Slides for Sermon Making Excuses Not To Go Soul Winning: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Making Excuses Not To Go Soul Winning: PDF
[SLIDE 2] The title of the sermon today is “MAKING EXCUSES NOT TO GO SOUL WINNING.”
Focus On The Most Important Work
- For this NEW YEAR, we’re going to start out with a FOCUS on the most important work we can do.
- For this new start of this church, we weren’t very successful during soul winning as far as we know.
- One visitor from soul winning. No repeat visit.
- No baptisms. Did some people get saved? I sure hope so. And I think they did.
- There were several that listened to the presentation of the Gospel but that was definitely the minority.
- They said they believed on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- So, look, we’ve had some success. But you know what? WE CAN DO BETTER.
- We’ve been rejected over and over again. But we CANNOT let rejection stop us.
Today, we’re going to get some motivation from the VERY BEST MOTIVATOR OF ALL TIME.
- We’re going to take this WORD OF GOD and get the motivation we need.
- When soul winning time comes around, my flesh likes to start making excuses not to go.
- We need to FIX those excuses TODAY with the WORD OF GOD.
We’re going to be in the Exodus Chapter 4 much of the day today. Please turn there.
- Second book of the Bible. Chapter 4.
- You might say, what??? Why are we going to Exodus Chapter 4 for Soul Winning Motivation?
- By the end of this sermon, you’ll know why.
- But to start, I want you to see what 1 Corinthians 15:58 says to start today.
[SLIDE 3] 1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
- Paul says, “MY BELOVED BRETHREN.” That’s you and that’s me.
- “Be ye STEDFAST, UNMOVEABLE. Always abounding in the work of the Lord.”
- “Your labor is not in vain in the Lord.”
- See that and believe that today. YOUR WORK IS NOT IN VAIN.
- In other words, you aren’t wasting your time by going soul winning.
- That’s what the Bible says. Do you believe what it says? I sure do.
- And that’s why I WILL NEVER STOP SOUL WINNING FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.
- If it becomes illegal, they will have to lock me up, put me in jail, or kill me.
- It’s not a waste of time BECAUSE the Bible says it’s not a waste of time.
- Let’s start out in Exodus Chapter 4 verse 1.
- And yes, I understand we haven’t started studying Exodus Chapter 4 BUT we need to hear this today.
[SLIDE 4] Exodus 4:1 And Moses answered and said, But, behold, they will not believe me, nor hearken unto my voice: for they will say, The LORD hath not appeared unto thee.
- In Exodus Chapter 3, God speaks to Moses through the burning bush.
- And right here in verse 1 of Chapter 4, Moses continues to speak with God in the burning bush.
- God is telling Moses what do with EXACT ORDERS and see what Moses says back to Him right there.
- “BUT BEHOLD THEY WILL NOT BELIEVE ME. THEY WILL NOT LISTEN TO ME.”
- Does that sound familiar? Doesn’t that sound just like Soul Winning around here?
- Hey, it’s not easy. It’s difficult. People won’t listen. People tell you to get out of here.
- People will slam the door in your face. Moses is objecting to God. “I don’t want to do this.”
God Commands Us To Win Souls
Just as God tells Moses what to do, God tells us what to do in the New Testament.
- He gives us very specific instructions.
- God tells us to go to work in HIS VINEYARD. This Earth is HIS. He says, “Get to work.”
- This is Jesus speaking right here in Matthew Chapter 21.
[SLIDE 5] Matthew 21:28-30 But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard. 29 He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went. 30 And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.
- Are we going to work in God’s vineyard?
- Or, are we going to make excuses? Does God accept ANY excuses.
- Nope. He says to just do what He asks. He’ll work out the rest.
[SLIDE 6] Matthew 28:19-20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
- If that’s not a direct command to go soul winning, then I don’t know what is.
- Jesus knows what He’s doing and what He’s asking from us. He understands we’ll get rejected.
- He’s waiting to see if we’ll keep going.
- When you know Jesus is on your side, you should have NO FEAR of going Soul Winning.
- Watch what Jesus says right before the verses we just read.
[SLIDE 7] Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
- So, look, we have Jesus on our side when we do what He asks us to do.
- We preach the Gospel door to door. We baptize people. We teach them the Bible.
- The first step, though, is not church. It’s not baptism. It’s getting them SAVED.
- That is THE NUMBER ONE GOAL. Once saved, then comes baptism and then comes church attendance.
- We have a GREAT OPPORTUNITY in this area to give the Gospel to people who need it.
- JESUS HAS ALL POWER. People will be saved through the Power of Jesus Christ.
- We can’t get this backwards and try to get people to come to church first.
- Let’s get the priority straight and get people saved.
- If we spend the entire time on ONE HOUSE and get ONE PERSON SAVED, we are successful.
- So, let’s slow down and try a different approach to Soul Winning.
- We need to use the WORD OF GOD and not our own words to save people. Let’s focus on that.
- So, why are we focusing on Moses in Exodus Chapter 4 today?
The story of Moses is similar to Soul Winning today. It’s a picture of Soul Winning.
- His people, the children of Israel, are stuck there in Egypt in great bondage.
- The job that God is giving Moses is to get HIS PEOPLE to the PROMISED LAND.
- And that’s EXACTLY what we’re doing with Soul Winning.
- We’re bringing people to the PROMISED LAND.
- Moses is saving those people from bondage, slavery, grueling work, and problems.
- And that’s what we’re trying to do when we go soul winning. Remember this purpose.
- And remember that Moses is making excuses to God why he can’t do it.
Common Excuses Not To Go Soul Winning
What are some common excuses we make not to go soul winning?
- And it’s not just door to door soul winning. It’s talking to friends and family too.
- It’s giving the Gospel to anyone you can think of that needs it.
- Why can’t we preach and teach the Gospel to these people?
- Many people are blinded to the correct answer to this question. Why can’t we do it?
- The main reason is THE FEAR OF BEING REJECTED.
- Or, you’re sick of being rejected. I know I am.
But hey, God says to get over it. And that’s what I’m doing for this NEW YEAR.
- If you continue to have the fear of being rejected, let me make this easier for you.
- Let me tell you the truth.
- “YOU’RE GOING TO GET REJECTED. AND IT WILL BE THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME.”
- You might go all day long and get rejected at each and every house. Get ready for it.
- People will think bad of you. People will think you’re an idiot. People will call you names.
- So what? Get over it. REJECTED WILL HAPPEN OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
Do you know how much REJECTION is in the Bible? And whose being rejected?
- GOD ALMIGHTY HIMSELF is rejected over and over and over again.
- Since the beginning He has been rejected by His own creation.
[SLIDE 8] Isaiah 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
- “DESPISED AND REJECTED OF MEN.” That’s my lord and Savior right there.
- Understand that when you get rejected during Soul Winning that God shares that with you.
- He’s the ONE being rejected. And because you’re on HIS SIDE, they’ll reject you too.
[SLIDE 9] 1 Samuel 8:7 And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.
- And even the so-called “Christians” will reject you. And why will they reject you?
- Because you come bringing the word of God. They don’t need to hear the word of God.
- Why is that? Jesus Christ answers that question Himself in the Book of Mark.
[SLIDE 10] Mark 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
- So-called “Christians” will reject you because they keep their own tradition.
- They have their religion and their false god that is saving them. They don’t need God Almighty.
- All you can do is let them know that religion doesn’t save them.
- Being born again is what saves them. Believing on the Lord Jesus Christ saves them.
[SLIDE 11] John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
- So, get ready to be REJECTED. That’s what will happen. TRUE STATEMENT.
- Even God Almighty HIMSELF, creator of all things, is rejected daily.
- Do you think there’s ANY person who could go soul winning and NEVER get rejected?
- Nope, that person doesn’t exist.
- Moses WILL BE REJECTED. The Egyptians rejected him. Pharaoh rejected him.
- HIS VERY OWN PEOPLE rejected him.
You shouldn’t want to be popular in this world.
- When you follow and obey Jesus Christ, YOU WILL BE REJECTED. You won’t be popular.
- People will laugh at you and shut the door in your face.
- Going to hell isn’t a laughing matter, though.
- When someone laughs at me, I give them a stronger warning.
- Some of them STOP for a second and listen. Others continue with the door slam.
The Name Of Moses Is Known
Moses ended up being a HERO through God HIMSELF.
- He brought millions of people out of Egypt. The name of MOSES is known all throughout the world.
- If you let YOUR FEAR of being rejected take over you, you’ll never win souls to Jesus.
- I DREAM about winning people to Jesus. That’s all I want in this world right now.
- I want to win someone to Jesus Christ. And God knows that. ONE PERSON, and I am happy.
- I DREAM the Gospel Presentation. I DREAM about what I can do better to win someone to Christ.
- I want a line out the door right there with people WANTING to be baptized.
My dream is for this area to change and want to follow Jesus.
- I want all the false churches in this area to understand the TRUE GOSPEL and start following Jesus Christ.
- I want all the FALSE PREACHERS to wake up and realize they aren’t following the Bible.
- We MUST get over ANY FEARS that we have. God is saying to GET OVER IT!!!
- Moses gave up the excuses eventually and did what God asked Him to do.
- And guess what? God was on HIS SIDE the entire way.
- Be okay with being rejected. After you go several times, you get accustomed to being a reject.
- It’s okay. And it’s especially okay when ONE PERSON IS SAVED.
What’s another excuse we like to make to not go soul winning?
- We’ll say, “Oh, it’s a waste of time because it doesn’t work at all.”
- “SOUL WINNING DOESN’T WORK!!!” WRONG! It does work.
- You might not ALWAYS see the results BUT it will work. We can also get better at it through practice.
- Our country is in a VERY COMFORTABLE state right now. We’re a rich country.
- People are comfortable in their ways and SOUL WINNING intrudes on their TV shows.
- Maybe they’re eating lunch. Maybe they’re putting up Christmas Decorations.
- I have yet to find someone that didn’t have time because they were reading their Bible. Not even ONE.
- It’s okay if you interrupt them. It’s the MOST IMPORTANT thing they’ll ever hear.
Some areas WILL NOT want to hear the GOSPEL at all.
- Other areas will listen to you more than some areas.
- Soul winning is easier in countries that haven’t fallen Spiritually.
- The more liberal areas will kick out faster. They will slam the door in your face.
- The Catholics will kick you out. The Southeast Christian cult will kick you out.
- That doesn’t mean we give up and stop preaching the GOSPEL. We’ll continue on.
- Soul winning was much easier in the past. The further our country falls, the more difficult it becomes.
- GOD WILL REWARD US FOR GOING THROUGH THIS REJECTION.
- We should rejoice over the rejection and keep on going. Let’s get it done for God.
- Most missionaries aren’t preaching the Gospel door to door. Whose doing it?
- Ask the so-called missionaries how they preach the Gospel? They don’t even know the Gospel.
“I Don’t Think I’ll Be Able To Win Souls.”
Some people don’t want to go soul winning because they think they aren’t able to do it.
- They think something is wrong with them.
- They think people just don’t like them and reject them.
- I thought, “Hey, maybe it’s just my face. People just don’t like my face.”
- And then I say, “Either I got really lucky with Pam or maybe my face ain’t so bad.”
- So I was thinking, “Hey, maybe something is wrong with me. What am I doing wrong, God?”
- It’s not you when you get rejected. It’s GOD being rejected. Some people HATE GOD.
- But look, don’t let those evil thoughts stop you from doing what God asks. No excuses with God.
People with down syndrome all over this country go SOUL WINNING. They don’t let that stop them.
- And guess what? They probably DO better than most people that go soul winning.
- God uses the weak and shows them STRONG. GOD WILL MAKE YOU STRONG.
- So if you think something is wrong with you, then God wants you to go soul winning.
- He’ll show you HIS STRENGTH. He’ll give you the words. Let’s continue in Exodus Chapter 4.
- I love this next part there in verse 2.
[SLIDE 12] Exodus 4:2 And the LORD said unto him, What is that in thine hand? And he said, A rod.
- Moses just finished making excuses. “THEY WON’T BELIEVE ME. They won’t listen to me.”
- God says, “Hey, WHAT’S THAT IN YOUR HAND???” A rod. A stick. Moses has a stick in his hand.
- God is trying to tell Moses to use whatever He has. Watch what I can do for you, Moses!!!
- Moses is a lowly SHEPERD with a STICK in his hand. What’s that? A stick?
- Yeah, a stick. The ALMIGHTY GOD can use that stick to part the MIGHTY RED SEA. Water into blood.
God will take even the lowest thing and DO WONDERS with it. A stick.
- So, you might not think you’re something BUT God made you something.
- You have the HOLY SPIRIT of God living within you AND you have the WORD OF GOD in your hand.
- That’s where your power comes from right there: FROM GOD. It’s not about you.
- God is saying: “Look what I can do with a stick. What do you think I can do with you?”
- Are we going to HAVE FAITH in what God says? Are we going to go out and win souls to Jesus Christ?
- I’ve questioned myself and soul winning over and over again. But that was unbelief doing that.
- I am choosing to have faith in the word of God and do what He asks me to do.
Do you remember the story of Elijah and the woman in the house who didn’t have any food?
- He asked her for some food and she says, “Well, I only have this little bit left.”
- God takes that little bit and turns it into ABUNDANCE.
- Do you remember when the disciples only had a little bread and a little bit of fish?
- What did God do? He turned it into a GREAT MEAL that fed everyone there. They were full.
- In other words, you might not think you have much to bring to soul winning.
- Well, that’s a good thing. BECAUSE then you’ll let God take over. Let Him lead the way.
God Will Be There With You
Let Him give us the words. He’ll turn it into abundance. Let’s not do it our way. Let’s do it God’s way.
- Let’s pray for God’s HELP because we need HIM to do this for us.
- That’s what Moses needed, Elijah, the disciples. God knows that.
- God takes a stick and brings the most powerful nation on Earth to it’s knees.
- Do you understand that today? It’s not a fairy tale. God used a stick to do that.
- He’s trying to tell us something today. BRING WHAT YOU HAVE TO SOUL WINNING.
- He will do the rest. If you’re scared, get over it.
- I was scared too. I got over it. It doesn’t scare me any more. Moses was scared. Watch this.
[SLIDE 13] Exodus 4:3 And he said, Cast it on the ground. And he cast it on the ground, and it became a serpent; and Moses fled from before it.
- Moses was scared. He ran away from the serpent.
- It’s okay to be scared. Understand that God has you. He is with you. Have that faith.
- Moses doesn’t sound so great so far does he?
- That’s a picture of all of us when we first started soul winning.
- You’ll question yourself, make excuses, and you’ll be scared. You don’t want to be rejected like Moses.
- “BUT THEY WON’T BELIEVE ME!” Moses said.
- And most won’t believe you. But some will. And that’s what makes HEAVEN REJOICE.
- Do you want help create a party in heaven? I sure do.
- They’re watching up there. They rejoice when someone is saved.
[SLIDE 14] Luke 15:6-7 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost. 7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
- We’re looking for the lost sheep. Let’s find them. Let’s create some REJOICING in heaven!!!
- Some people might say, “Well, Moses had a stick that did miracles. I don’t have that.”
- “If I had a stick like Moses, people would listen to me.”
- I’ve thought that same thought before myself. People would listen if I could show them that.
- But what happened to Moses? He used that stick and they rejected him over and over again.
- Same thing happened to Jesus Christ HIMSELF. He did MANY AMAZING miracles and they rejected Him.
- If Jesus Christ, WHO IS GOD, gets rejected, do you think you’re going to do any better?
- No, this world is full of stiffnecked people.
[SLIDE 15] Exodus 32:9 And the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people:
- People don’t want to give up what they want for what God wants.
- This is why you get rejected. It has nothing to do with you. It has everything to do with them.
- You can take this BIBLE right here and have something greater than that stick Moses had.
- Remember, the WORD OF GOD is the POWER that you are bringing with you Soul Winning.
- You have more than Moses BECAUSE you have the completed Bible and the Holy Spirit with you.
- So God gives Moses the power to do these miracles, and He’s going to be there leading Him too.
- But watch what Moses says in verse 10 of Exodus Chapter 4.
[SLIDE 16] Exodus 4:10 And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue.
- God just showed Moses the miracle with the serpent and a miracle with his leprous hand.
- And then Moses says, “But I’m just not good at speaking. I’m slow of speech. My tongue is slow.”
- That’s one of the MAIN EXCUSES people make for not going SOUL WINNING.
- They’ll say, “Well, I’m just not good at speaking.”
- Well, look at me. I’m not the greatest speaker either. But guess what? That’s not stopping me.
- You might say, “Well, I’m not good with people. I’m not charismatic. I’m not this or that.”
- Well, if that’s you, listen to what God says back to Moses right here in verses 11 and 12.
[SLIDE 17] Exodus 4:11-12 And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man’s mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD? 12 Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.
- In other words, God is saying: “I KNOW WHO YOU ARE.” He’s talking to you today. God knows you.
- HE MADE YOU. He didn’t say you get an exemption from HIS COMMANDS because of some excuse.
- God doesn’t accept excuses. There are no exemptions from God’s commandments.
- And why is that? BECAUSE GOD IS WITH YOU.
- Jesus says in Matthew 28:20 that we just read earlier today: “LO, I AM WITH YOU ALWAYS.”
- He says to go out and preach and teach. I AM WITH YOU ALWAYS. Do you trust Jesus?
- I sure do. I trust HIM WITH MY LIFE, and that’s why I’m saved. Do you trust what God says?
[SLIDE 18] Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
- GOD WITH US. What do you think that means? GOD IS WITH YOU.
- And He’s not leaving you either. He will be there.
[SLIDE 19] Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
- Do you believe what that says right there? That’s faith when you see it and believe it.
- GOD SAYS FEAR NOT. DON’T BE AFRAID OF THEM.
- God says HE WILL GO WITH YOU. He will not fail you. He will not forsake you.
- If you understand who GOD ALMIGHTY is, then you won’t be afraid.
- God says, “Hey, I got this. Just go. I’ll take care of the rest.”
[SLIDE 20] Joshua 1:5 There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
- God will not fail you. You might get rejected during Soul Winning but it sure isn’t God rejecting you.
- He’s with you. He’s smiling BECAUSE you’ve found the courage to tell others about Him.
- GOD CREATED YOU. GOD CREATED YOUR MOUTH, YOUR BRAIN, YOUR BODY. Everything.
- God knows how you speak, and He sure wasn’t ashamed of you. He gave you life.
- HE PUT HIS STAMP OF APPROVAL ON YOU or you wouldn’t be here right now. You are God approved.
- You have life because He approved your life. God MADE YOU.
- YOU ARE WONDERFULLY MADE just like Psalm 139 says.
If you don’t think you can do it, you need to get some confidence in yourself.
- You need to understand who made you. Do you understand GOD ALMIGHTY made you?
- If you don’t think you’re good enough or smart enough or knowledgeable or anything like that:
- Are you saying God doesn’t know what He’s doing?
- To me, that’s what you’re saying. “Well, God didn’t make me to be as good as you.”
- People have said that to me before. “I’m just not as smart as you.” That’s bologna.
- Hey, don’t bring God’s abilities down to this low level that you see yourself.
Have Some Confidence Because God Is With You
You need to bring that up TODAY. You are amazingly made. How do I know?
- Because I know who made you. And MY GOD doesn’t mess up. He made you perfectly.
- Moses didn’t have any confidence in his abilities either.
- He didn’t think he was very good or very smart or could be the leader God told Him to be.
- But was Moses an amazing man wonderfully made? Oh yes HE WAS. How do I know?
- The Bible tells me so.
[SLIDE 21] Acts 7:22-24 And Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and was mighty in words and in deeds. 23 And when he was full forty years old, it came into his heart to visit his brethren the children of Israel. 24 And seeing one of them suffer wrong, he defended him, and avenged him that was oppressed, and smote the Egyptian:
- Notice that verse right there. Do you see what it says in verse 22?
- It says that MOSES was MIGHTY IN WORDS AND DEEDS!!!
- This is talking about Moses BEFORE God was talking to him in Exodus Chapter 4.
- So Moses was making excuses and thought badly of HIMSELF.
- When you think badly of yourself, you aren’t trusting in God. He made you.
- TRUST THAT HE KNOWS WHAT HE’S DOING. HE DOES.
This is an example of having FAITH IN GOD. Do you trust God’s ability to make you?
- I sure do. I’ve seen so many PARENTS put their children down. Oh, and it makes me angry.
- Don’t put your children down. Don’t make them think they’re some type of trash.
- CHILDREN ARE AMAZING and I’m sick of people putting them down.
- My wife was put down in her life. Well, I know my wife. Been with her since I was 16 years old.
- She’s one of the smartest people I know, and she still doesn’t believe it.
God Made You So Understand Who You Are
She’s getting there, though. GOD MADE HER WONDERFULLY.
- She’s amazing and didn’t even realize it. Why? Because people in her life put her down.
- Some parents say: “Well, you’ll NEVER be able to do that. You’re just like me. You can’t do that.”
- Instead of letting some HUMAN tell you how well you were made, let GOD ALMIGHTY tell you.
- MOSES was MIGHTY IN WORDS AND DEEDS. God knew that. But Moses says, “I don’t speak well.”
- He’s making excuses. God doesn’t accept excuses. God will help you and guide you. He says so.
So God tells Moses that He will be with Him.
- And guess what? He’s telling you that same thing today.
- God says, “I WILL BE WITH YOU ALWAYS.” Let’s see if your response will be different than Moses.
- Here’s how Moses responds to God.
[SLIDE 22] Exodus 4:13 And he said, O my Lord, send, I pray thee, by the hand of him whom thou wilt send.
- In other words, Moses is saying now: “Just please send someone else.”
- Some people believe the verse above means that Moses is consenting and say He will do it.
- But God’s response in the next verse shows us that Moses is telling Him to send somebody else.
- Moses doesn’t want to do it. Just like I don’t want to go soul winning sometimes.
- My reason isn’t fear but I do think it has to do with getting rejected over and over again.
- It’s not fun getting rejected over and over again.
- Are you going to respond like Moses? I have. “GOD, PLEASE. JUST SEND SOMEONE ELSE.”
- Let’s see how God responds to this.
[SLIDE 23] Exodus 4:14 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses, and he said, Is not Aaron the Levite thy brother? I know that he can speak well. And also, behold, he cometh forth to meet thee: and when he seeth thee, he will be glad in his heart.
- THE ANGER OF THE LORD WAS KINDLED AGAINST MOSES.
- Do you see that? You don’t want God’s anger kindled against you. I don’t either.
- God gives us very clear directions to go out and preach the Gospel.
- We have the Gospels, the Book of Acts, the entire New Testament filled with SOUL WINNING.
- People are going out and spreading the Gospel and increasing the number of Christians.
Is Your Church A Soul Winning Church?
Do you think God’s anger will be kindled against CHURCHES who aren’t SOUL WINNING?
- God clearly says to GO OUT AND PREACH THE GOSPEL.
- But yet, these churches around here IGNORE GOD. He’s given clear instructions.
- YOU CAN KNOW TODAY THAT GOD’S ANGER IS KINDLED AGAINST THESE CHURCHES.
- Whenever God’s people don’t obey Him, you can bet He’s angry with them.
- Some of them will say, “My god never gets angry.” And I say, “Then you have a false god.”
- READ THE BIBLE. God says to go out.
- If you want to make excuses like Moses, get ready for the WRATH OF GOD to be upon you.
- GO TO WORK TODAY GOD SAYS. GET OUT THERE AND GET TO WORK.
- It’s not optional. He’s relying on you to do what He says. WE CAN WIN SOULS TO JESUS CHRIST.
Do you think it’s going to get easier to win souls to Jesus Christ if you wait longer?
- The United States isn’t going to get easier to win souls to Jesus Christ.
- Are you waiting around for something to change?
- The only thing that’s going to make things better around here is for people to BE SAVED.
- People need to get to know JESUS CHRIST. And then things will get easier.
- Are you going to be on the front line for God?
- Or, are you going to hide like all the other churches around here?
Soul Winning isn’t going to get easier. It’s going to get tougher.
- In other words, get accustomed to the rejection.
- Or, go to another country that isn’t so evil. People are more receptive in less evil areas.
- You’ll quickly know the evil areas around here. You’ll find out really quickly.
- So Moses pretty much says, “I won’t do it, God. Send whoever else you want to send.”
- But look at what God says. He tells Moses to be the SILENT PARTNER during Soul Winning.
[SLIDE 24] Exodus 4:14 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses, and he said, Is not Aaron the Levite thy brother? I know that he can speak well. And also, behold, he cometh forth to meet thee: and when he seeth thee, he will be glad in his heart.
- Aaron will talk for you. You just stand there. Aaron will PREACH for you.
- Everyone should start Soul Winning by being the silent partner.
- Learn from someone that knows what they’re doing. We haven’t had that opportunity around here.
- We’ve all had to learn on our own. We don’t have experienced soul winning churches around here.
- We’ve went to Church our entire life, and it’s sad that no one ever showed us by example.
- So, we’re going to learn on our own. God says He will teach us all things.
- And guess what? He’s doing what HE SAID HE WILL DO. He’s sure taught me a lot.
- When you go out soul winning, it’s amazing to talk to some people.
- The WORD OF GOD has power and people will listen.
- Some people will slam the door in your face BUT some people will listen.
- And those people who will listen are worth every second that you spend out there.
Moses was a SILENT PARTNER to start out.
- As a silent partner, you can do great things.
- You don’t have to be a talker during soul winning.
- You can go out with us, watch, listen, and see how it’s done.
- And you can be a silent partner for as long as you want.
- But then, if you want to start talking and preaching the Gospel THEN GO FOR IT!!!
Soul Winning has become one of my favorite things to do.
- Why is this? My partners and I form a team just as God asked us to do.
[SLIDE 25] Mark 6:7 And he called unto him the twelve, and began to send them forth by two and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits;
- Jesus sent them forth two and two. Teams of two.
- You got a talker and a silent partner and this works well.
- If you’re trying to find a Scripture, the silent partner can assist.
- The silent partner prays during the Soul Winning.
- Ask for God to open the heart and mind of the people that you’re going to see today.
There’s Nothing Better Than Winning Souls To Christ
It’s a great time to be with your partner and win souls to Jesus Christ.
- There is no better time than that. I love it.
- And yeah, there’s some not so good times when people slam the door in your face.
- Or mock you or make fun of you or yell at you. But hey, BRING IT ON I say.
- I’ll take the rejection. I’m not better than Jesus Christ. HE IS REJECTED EVERY SINGLE DAY.
- And HE DIED FOR THOSE SAME PEOPLE who reject Him.
- So look, I’ll take 99 rejections. I’ll take 99 door slams so 1 person can go to heaven!!!
- THIS IS A TEAM EFFORT. Silent partners are part of the team.
- You’re doing as much as the person talking.
BEING A SILENT PARTNER SOUL WINNING is the first step.
- Just getting out there and seeing how it works is the first step to winning souls to Jesus Christ.
- You’ll get accustomed to rejection really quick just by being the silent partner.
- So remember, MOSES started out by being the silent partner.
- But guess who ended up doing most of the talking? MOSES! And he was great at it.
- He was great at it BECAUSE God was with him. And God says HE IS WITH YOU.
- Aaron started talking BUT Moses said, “HEY, I GOT THE NEXT DOOR!!!”
- It’s an amazing opportunity and when you win people to Jesus it’s the greatest JOY ever.
- It doesn’t get any better than that.
If you’re new to soul winning, we would LOVE to show you how it works.
- We rejoice with all that we have when new soul winners come out with us.
- And if we rejoice over that, what do you think God and all of heaven is doing?
- If you want to make your Father in heaven happy, go out Soul Winning.
- Be the Silent Partner. Be the talker. Just go out and do what God asks, and He’ll reward you.
- Moses then begins to obey God and does what He asks Him to do. Will you do the same?
[SLIDE 26] Exodus 4:20-21 And Moses took his wife and his sons, and set them upon an ass, and he returned to the land of Egypt: and Moses took the rod of God in his hand. 21 And the LORD said unto Moses, When thou goest to return into Egypt, see that thou do all those wonders before Pharaoh, which I have put in thine hand: but I will harden his heart, that he shall not let the people go.
- God warns Moses. He says, “Hey, expect to be REJECTED because I have hardened his heart.”
- Same thing with soul winning.
- Expect to be OPPOSED just like Moses was OPPOSED. Expect problems when you go out to win souls.
- There are powers of darkness waiting to steal away the WORD OF GOD.
Expect Rejection During Soul Winning
Expect to be rejected. It’s part of the process. If everything went perfect, something isn’t right.
- I would probably fall over from a heart attack if I DIDN’T GET THE DOOR SLAMMED IN MY FACE!!!
- So get ready for it. I’m getting good at being rejected. I should have learned that earlier in my life.
- LEARN TO BE REJECTED. That’s the ONLY WAY you’ll be a great SOUL WINNER.
- GOD WILL GUIDE YOU. HE WILL DIRECT YOU. HE WILL LIGHT YOUR PATH.
[SLIDE 27] Psalm 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.
- If you want to be a good man or a good woman according to God, first you need to be saved.
- Then, you need to do what He says. You don’t have to do what He says to be saved.
- But I guarantee you if you obey Him, you will be amazed at what He’ll do for you.
- “The steps of a good man are ORDERED by the Lord and he delighteth in HIS WAY.”
- Here at this Church, we’re going to do it HIS WAY. We’ll delight in HIS WAY and not our way.
[SLIDE 28] Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
- God is guiding us here. He won’t let something come into our path that we can’t handle.
- We’ll follow HIS WORD in this Bible, and He will light our way.
- For me personally, He’s always done that for me BECAUSE He knows I’m trying my best.
- He’s taking care of me, and I know that. And because I know that NOTHING scares me.
- Understand that today. Don’t let anything scare you BECAUSE God is with you.
[SLIDE 29] Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
- TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL THING HEART.
- Acknowledge HIM in all your ways and all your decisions.
- What does He say He’ll do right there? Does the Bible say HE MIGHT HELP YOU?
- No, it sure doesn’t. IT SAYS: “HE SHALL DIRECT THY PATHS.” That means HE WILL DO WHAT HE SAYS.
- Will you run into bad people during SOUL WINNING? Will you run into people putting you down?
- Sure will. Most of them will be from FALSE CHURCHES who don’t even teach the Bible.
One of my favorite parts of the Bible comes during Acts Chapter 18 with the Apostle Paul.
- I absolutely the Apostle Paul. He’s my kind of person.
- He doesn’t take anything from anybody. He speaks what He needs to say.
- He says it, and he does it with BOLDNESS. He doesn’t shy away.
- But guess what? GOD WAS WITH HIM. Watch what God tells Him in Acts Chapter 18.
[SLIDE 30] Acts 18:9-11 Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace: 10 For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city. 11 And he continued there a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them.
- God tells Paul to “HOLD NOT THY PEACE.”
- That’s what He’s telling us today. Get out there and preach the Gospel.
- It doesn’t matter what ANYONE thinks. GOD SAID TO GO PREACH THE GOSPEL.
- Get people saved. Stop worrying about yourself. Start putting others first.
- God says, “HEY, I’m with you. NO MAN SHALL HURT YOU.”
- And this is the part I love the most: “FOR I HAVE MUCH PEOPLE IN THIS CITY,” God says.
- God’s people are around. We just have to find them. We’ll get stronger through GOD ALONE.
- When we obey HIM, He will do what HE SAYS HE’LL DO FOR US.
- That’s having FAITH in the word of God. Believe what He says. He said it. He’ll do it.
- GOD NEVER PROMISED that we wouldn’t go through tribulation.
- He says that we will go through it over and over and over again.
- You’ll experience just a little of that when you go SOUL WINNING. It’s a good thing to experience.
Don’t Let The Rejection Make You Miserable
Some of the first times I went soul winning I was miserable.
- People were laughing at us. Kicking us out. Yelling out at us. Slamming the doors.
- I was like, “WHATEVER. I DON’T NEED THIS. Forget these people.”
- But is that what God does? If He was like that, I would be in hell.
- He was patient with me. And He saved me. I will have that same patience BECAUSE He had it for me.
- It’s good to experience tribulation. It’s good to get rejected. It’s good to go do what God says.
[SLIDE 31] Romans 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
- I’ve become more patient with people by experiencing rejection.
- I was hardly ever rejected in my life. So being rejected is something I wasn’t accustomed to.
- I’ve had good parents. I’ve had good jobs. I’ve had good managers.
- I met my AMAZING wife right there when I was 16 years old. Been with her ever since then.
- She never rejected me when she should have. She’s a lot better than me.
So I’ve learned rejection during Soul Winning, and it’s a good thing to learn.
- I love to learn new things and REJECTION has taught me so much.
- Once you’re able to take rejection, you’ll become a great soul winner.
- Don’t let rejection bother you or the fear of anything bother you.
- Remember, God doesn’t accept excuses. He made you. He knows what you can do.
- He didn’t pick some of us to do it. He’s chosen ALL OF US TO DO IT. Remember that.
[SLIDE 32] John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
- JESUS SAYS YOU WILL HAVE TRIBULATION.
- But be of good cheer. Hey, be happy. Be joyful. Understand what you have.
- You have eternal life. JESUS OVERCAME THE WORLD. That means you have too.
- So don’t let anything in this world bother you.
- Soul Winning will get you ready for tribulation in this world.
- When the end of the world comes, Christians will be persecuted. They will be killed.
Will you stand up for GOD right now? Soul Winning is THE FIRST STEP to standing up for God.
- I hope with all that I have that you’ll join us in Soul Winning.
- It’s the BEST THING I’ve ever done. Nothing else compares. I love it.