- Sermon Slides for Sermon No Man Hath Seen God At Any Time: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon No Man Hath Seen God At Any Time: PDF
 The title of the sermon today is “NO MAN HATH SEEN GOD AT ANY TIME.”
The Bible Cannot Be True Or You Don’t Understand???
- People argue that the Bible cannot be true because it clearly says, “No man hath seen God.”
- But then they say, “Christians say Jesus is God.” And obviously people saw Jesus.
- They say, “Hey, that’s a clear contradiction in the Bible.” Or, others say Jesus obviously wasn’t God.
- “NO MAN HATH SEEN GOD AT ANY TIME.”
- They say, “That means Jesus can’t be God.”
- We’re going to look at this in detail today.
 John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
- That’s a very clear statement. NO MAN HATH SEEN GOD AT ANY TIME.
- It doesn’t say someone has seen God, but it was just for a short time. AT ANY TIME.
 1 John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
- The Bible makes this very clear in many places. New Testament and Old Testament.
 Exodus 33:17-20 And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name. 18 And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory. 19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy. 20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
- God knew Moses by NAME because he found grace in the eyes of God. Moses was a saved man.
- He said, “God, show me your glory.” God says, “You cannot see my face for no man can see me and live.”
So, we clearly see that NO MAN HATH SEEN GOD AT ANY TIME.
- Now, let’s look at some other SCRIPTURE to start today that says the opposite.
 Genesis 17:1-4 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect. 2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly. 3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying, 4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
- We see right there in verse 1 that the LORD APPEARED to ABRAM and talked to Abram.
- If God appeared to ABRAM, then obviously, Abram saw God.
- And you might say, “Well, this doesn’t make any sense. We just learned that no one has seen God.”
- I want to read you the story from Genesis Chapter 18. Did Abraham see and talk with the Lord?
 Genesis 18:1-3 And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; 2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, 3 And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:
- So the Lord appears to Abraham here as a man. The Lord is one of those 3 men.
- ABRAHAM bows himself to the ground and says, “MY LORD.”
- As you listen to the rest of this SCRIPTURE, you’ll clearly see that one of these 3 men is JESUS.
 Genesis 18:4-6 Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree: 5 And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said. 6 And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth.
- Abraham is going to make them a meal to comfort them. The three men tell him to please do so.
- Abraham tells Sarah to quickly cook up a meal.
- Wouldn’t it be awesome to make a meal for the Lord God Almighty?
- I bet you’d be nervous about making a meal for God.
Jesus Showed Up To Abraham
 Genesis 18:7-8 And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it. 8 And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.
- Abraham runs to his herd. He picks out a good calf. That’s beef. Gives it to a young man to dress it up.
- He takes butter, milk, and the dressed calf and they did eat.
 Genesis 18:9-11 And they said unto him, Where is Sarah thy wife? And he said, Behold, in the tent. 10 And he said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard it in the tent door, which was behind him. 11 Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women.
- The three men, one of whom is the Lord, tells Abraham that Sarah will have a son.
- Sarah hears it in the tent door. Abraham and Sarah were old.
 Genesis 18:12-14 Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also? 13 And the LORD said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old? 14 Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.
- And some people might say, “Well, the Lord God wasn’t there. That was just 3 men.”
- But look at what this says: “Sarah laughed WITHIN herself. She didn’t laugh out loud.”
- “And the LORD said unto Abraham, Why did Sarah laugh?” No one but God can hear your thoughts.
- And the SCRIPTURE says, “THE LORD SAID UNTO ABRAHAM.”
- So, we know for 100% for sure that one of those 3 men is GOD. “Is anything too hard for THE LORD?”
- So again, we clearly see that ABRAHAM saw God face to face. God knew Sarah’s thoughts.
 Psalm 94:11 The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.
- She didn’t have to say anything out loud. In the New Testament, who knew people’s thoughts?
 Matthew 9:3-4 And, behold, certain of the scribes said within themselves, This man blasphemeth. 4 And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?
- I hope you’re starting to see the truth today. No man hath seen God BUT man has seen God.
 Exodus 6:2-3 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD: 3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.
- God says, “I AM THE LORD and I appeared unto Abraham, Isaac, and to Jacob.”
- I appeared unto them as GOD ALMIGHTY. He is the LORD. They saw the Lord. He appeared to them.
 Exodus 24:9-11 Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel: 10 And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness. 11 And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.
- It’s pretty hard to argue that no one has seen God with very clear SCRIPTURE like that.
- In verse 10 it says, “THEY SAW THE GOD OF ISRAEL.”
- Verse 11 says, “Also they saw God, and did eat and drink.”
- You know that song we sing, “Welcome Table,” it looks like God likes to eat and drink with us.
- I can’t wait to eat and drink with the Lord as Moses, Aaron, Nadab, Abihu and 70 elders did that day.
- So, it’s pretty clear so far that 1) NO MAN HAS SEEN GOD and that 2) MAN HAS SEEN GOD.
- You might say: “Well, that’s a contradiction.” How can both of those be true?
The Word Of God Is Truth
 John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
- Every word of God is true. THY WORD IS TRUTH. You can’t say that about ANY MAN.
- Sometimes what we say isn’t true, and we don’t even know that. But God’s word is always truth.
 Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
- Every word of God is pure. The King James Bible is the word of God.
- Every word is pure and every word is true.
- So, yes, there must be a way that both ways are true: 1) No man has seen God. 2) Man has seen God.
- Both are true. It’s true that NO MAN HATH SEEN GOD and it’s true that MAN HAS SEEN GOD.
- Once you understand God and who He is, you will understand this SCRIPTURE.
- When there appears to be a contradiction in the Bible, this just means we don’t understand it.
- This means God put it all there for a reason. We need to study the ENTIRE BIBLE and figure it out.
- It’s like a mystery He put there for us to study and figure out. We have to work for it.
 2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
- God wants us to work hard. He wants us to study. That’s why we have longer sermons here.
- I could make them much shorter and more entertaining for you, but that’s not what God wants.
- He wants us to study and work hard for knowledge and understanding. Do that and He gives it to you.
- Put some HARD WORK forth, and He gives you wisdom and knowledge and understanding.
 Numbers 12:4-6 And the LORD spake suddenly unto Moses, and unto Aaron, and unto Miriam, Come out ye three unto the tabernacle of the congregation. And they three came out. 5 And the LORD came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam: and they both came forth. 6 And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.
- The Lord spoke SUDDENLY to Moses, Aaron, and Miriam. They were all brothers and sister.
- He said to all three, “Get over here to the tabernacle.” And the 3 got there.
- The LORD came down in the pillar of the cloud and stood in the door of the tabernacle.
- God talked to Aaron and Miriam right there face to face.
- Have you ever noticed all of this in the Bible? God is showing HIMSELF to them over and over.
- Let’s continue with this story in verse 7.
 Numbers 12:7-9 My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house. 8 With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses? 9 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against them; and he departed.
- God was angry. That’s why He came down. He spoke to Aaron and Miriam face to face.
- “DON’T MESS WITH MOSES!!!” That’s what He pretty much said right there.
- Right after that Miriam became leprous, white as snow. She was punished for speaking against Moses.
- God said, “Listen up Aaron and Moses, I will speak to Moses MOUTH TO MOUTH.”
- So, did Moses see God face to face and mouth to mouth? Yes, he did.
 Acts 7:2-3 And he said, Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken; The God of glory appeared unto our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Charran, 3 And said unto him, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and come into the land which I shall shew thee.
- Stephen, right before he was killed, was PREACHING to these RELIGIOUS JEWS.
- He says that God appeared to ABRAHAM our father. God spoke to Abraham.
- Right after Stephen is finished preaching and right before he dies, he looks up to heaven.
 Acts 7:55-56 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, 56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.
- Stephen sees the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God.
- So, we know for sure that NO MAN HAS SEEN GOD but we know for sure that MAN HAS SEEN GOD.
- Wow, this is confusing!!! Well, let’s find the answer right now because there’s only ONE TRUTH.
- And it’s very easy to understand, and it’s very easy to see. Let me show you this with SCRIPTURE.
- I didn’t make this up myself. This has been the truth from ETERNITY. From everlasting to everlasting.
God Has Always Existed And Has Always Been Here
Always remember, GOD HAS ALWAYS BEEN. Man can make up whatever they want, but the truth is there.
- The truth has ALWAYS been there. So, people can say, “Well, the trinity is false because it’s pagan.”
- “Witches made up the TRINITY belief and that’s why it’s false. God can’t be three in one.”
- So, think about this: “Because man made something up that’s similar to God, then God can’t be God.”
- So I can make anything up that’s a lie but close to the truth and then the truth isn’t the truth?
- Hey, listen today, there’s ONE TRUTH and it’s in the Bible. It doesn’t matter what your viewpoint is.
- It simply matters what God says in HIS WORDS. And I want you to see this today.
 John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
- “I AM THE TRUTH,” Jesus says. Again, there is ONLY ONE TRUTH in this world today. It’s JESUS CHRIST.
- But notice what else you see there. “No man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
- You can’t come to the FATHER unless you come through the SON. Jesus is the SON OF GOD.
- Now, let’s tie this back into the sermon today. “No man hath seen God at any time.”
 John 5:36-38 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me. 37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. 38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
- Jesus says, “I have a greater witness than that of John.” Why is that? John is a man. JESUS IS GOD.
- GOD THE FATHER is GOD. God’s witness is greater than any man.
- But Jesus is talking face to face with MEN that don’t believe HIM.
- Jesus says, “MY FATHER HAS SENT ME.” Jesus didn’t say, “Hey, I sent myself. I bear witness of myself.”
- Jesus says, “My Father has sent me. He bears witness of me.”
And then watch what Jesus says, “You have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.”
- “You don’t have HIS WORD abiding in you: for whom HE HATH SENT, HIM ye believe not.”
- You’ve never HEARD GOD’S VOICE or SEEN HIM. You aren’t HEARING HIS WORDS.
- JESUS is the WORD OF GOD. They won’t hear HIS VOICE.
- Jesus is saying, “I have a greater witness that that of John.”
Let’s say you’re on trial in a murder case. There are 2 eye witnesses that saw you murder someone.
- The only witness on your side is YOU. But, your lawyer decides to call you to the stand 3 times.
- Your lawyer is a little crazy and says, “Hey, they have 2 witnesses. We’re going to have 3 witnesses.”
- And you’re like, what? I don’t get it. It’s just me. And your lawyer says, “Just watch what I do.”
- Your lawyer calls you up to the stand as a DAUGHTER. Witness number 1. This is a daughter.
- You give your testimony as a DAUGHTER. “I DID NOT MURDER THAT MAN.” You go sit back down.
Your lawyer calls you back up to the stand again and says, “This is witness number 2. A doctor.”
- Let’s say you’re a doctor. Now, you’re going to testify as a doctor. You say the same thing.
- “I DID NOT MURDER THAT MAN.” Your lawyer has now matched the prosecution with 2 witnesses.
- You sit back down. Your lawyer calls you back up again. Witness number 3. A FEMALE.
- You are now testifying as a female. “I DID NOT MURDER THAT MAN.” You go and sit back down.
Your lawyer gives the final closing argument and says, “THREE WITNESSES TESTIFIED.”
- “My client did not murder that man.” What do you think the jury is going to say?
- “That wasn’t 3 witnesses. That was ONE WITNESS. That was ONE PERSON.”
- They’re going to laugh at your lawyer. JESUS, the SON OF GOD, isn’t the ONLY WITNESS in heaven.
- Watch what JESUS says about HIS WITNESS.
Jesus Has Another Heavenly Witness
 John 5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
- Jesus says, “If I’m the only witness my witness is not true.” He’s telling you there’s more than ONE.
- And you might say, “Well, that’s not what that means.” Let’s read the verses before and after too.
- And remember, this is JESUS CHRIST speaking here. He is a GREAT WITNESS for the other 2.
- And the other 2 are great witnesses for HIM.
 John 5:30-32 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. 31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. 32 There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.
- Jesus says, “I seek not mine own will.” That means He can have a different will than HIS FATHER.
- Jesus isn’t ONE GOD IN ONE PERSON with a personality disorder. He’s not crazy.
- He doesn’t shape shift instantly into different forms. This isn’t a Sci-Fi movie.
- Jesus says, “I seek my Father’s will and not my own.”
- “IF I BEAR WITNESS OF MYSELF, MY WITNESS IS NOT TRUE.”
The Bible teaches there must be more than one witness for something to be true.
- In your murder trial, the prosecution would win because there were 2 eye witnesses against you as one.
- But watch what Jesus says in verse 32: “THERE IS ANOTHER THAT BEARETH WITNESS OF ME.”
- So, what does that mean? Is there only ONE PERSON IN ONE GOD? “There is another.”
- There’s not just ONE at any given time. There’s 3 at any given time.
- ALL 3 PERSONS OF GOD EXIST AT THE SAME TIME AND TOGETHER.
If there were only one of them at any given time, none of this would make any sense.
- There wouldn’t be another witness at the same time. But Jesus says that there is another.
- And then we have all the witness of the SCRIPTURE showing us this.
- Will you believe what a man says, or will you see the words from God and believe HIS WORDS?
 Matthew 3:16-17 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
- So, who do we see in this SCRIPTURE? Jesus is there being baptized.
- Jesus is still there the entire time. He doesn’t leave the picture we see here.
- He comes up out of the water. He doesn’t disappear. He doesn’t shape shift.
- We see the SPIRIT OF GOD descending like a dove. We see the HOLY SPIRIT here.
- And then we HEAR a voice FROM HEAVEN. It doesn’t come from Jesus as He is on earth at this time.
- He doesn’t throw HIS VOICE and try to deceive us. The voice comes from GOD THE FATHER in heaven.
- How do we know it’s the voice of God the Father? What’s the voice say?
- “THIS IS MY BELOVED SON IN WHO I AM WELL PLEASED.”
The Entire Bible Front To Back Teaches God Is One God In Three Persons
And then I get questions like this: “You actually believe that God is ONE GOD in 3 persons? REALLY?”
- “You’re crazy, man!!!” Yeah, read that SCRIPTURE and then tell me whose crazy.
- The craziness are the false preachers teaching children that JESUS IS GOD THE FATHER. That’s crazy.
- READ THE BIBLE. It’s easy to see. Oh, is that the only SCRIPTURE right there that you have, Josh?
- No, it’s not. I have the whole Bible. Do you want me to read the whole Bible to you?
- Do you want me to spoon feed it to you? Do you have a Bible? READ IT. That’s why God wrote it down.
- That’s why you hear me say: READ THE BIBLE. Then you’ll see who is telling you the truth.
 Mark 1:10-11 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him: 11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
 Luke 3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.
- That’s exactly why God repeats the stories in the Gospels. Now they’re there multiple times.
 John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
- All 3 are in that SCRIPTURE right there. The Holy Ghost, The Father, and the Son is speaking.
- And keep in mind, He’s on earth at the time He’s speaking this DIRECTLY to MAN.
- One of the persons of God, who is GOD, is speaking to MAN.
 John 15:26-27 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.
- All 3 are right there. It says the HOLY SPIRIT comes FROM THE FATHER.
- It doesn’t say the Father shape shifts into the HOLY SPIRIT and the FATHER no longer exists.
- ALL 3 HAVE BEEN THERE FROM ETERNITY. You’ll see them all there in GENESIS CHAPTER 1 TOGETHER.
 Acts 1:4-5 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. 5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
- All 3 of them are in this SCRIPTURE.
 Acts 2:31-33 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
- All 3 are in this SCRIPTURE. False preachers and religions will even say that the soul of Jesus couldn’t have gone to hell because that doesn’t match what we believe.
- The soul of Jesus went to hell. “THAT HIS SOUL WAS NOT LEFT IN HELL.” That means it was there.
- But God didn’t leave it there. GOD RAISED UP JESUS. That’s what verse 32 says.
- GOD THE FATHER, THE HOLY SPIRIT, and JESUS together RAISED UP JESUS FROM THE DEAD.
 John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
- Jesus says, “I WILL RAISE IT UP.”
 Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
- The HOLY SPIRIT raised up JESUS from the dead.
 Galatians 1:1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)
- God the Father raised JESUS from the dead.
 Acts 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
- God the FATHER anointed Jesus with the Holy Ghost. There’s all 3 at the same time.
- GOD WAS WITH HIM. If you are by yourself, you don’t say someone else is with you.
- Let’s say I’m all by myself at home, but I’m talking with you on the phone.
- I tell you to hold on a second, and I say, “Hey Josh, let’s go get some ice cream.”
- And I come back on the phone and you say, “Whose there with you, Josh. Is there another Josh there?”
- And I say, “No, I was talking to myself.” You’d probably say I might be a little crazy. Why?
- Because there’s only one of me there. At the end of verse 38 there it says:
Who Was With Jesus Christ?
“GOD WAS WITH HIM.” God was WITH Jesus Christ. The Holy Ghost is God. The Father is God.
- Jesus is God. Really, it’s that simple and THEN, when you get that right, the entire Bible makes sense.
- So, you have to keep studying the Bible until you get it right. Then, everything makes sense.
 Romans 1:3-7 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; 4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead: 5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name: 6 Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ: 7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Father is there, the Son is there, and the Holy Spirit is there in this SCRIPTURE.
- And then you know what verse 7 means. GOD THE FATHER, AND OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST.
- That means there is 2 there. It’s not saying God the Father is Jesus Christ.
- Verse 3 at the beginning says, “CONCERNING HIS SON.” Obviously, that’s talking about the FATHER.
- Verse 3 doesn’t say, “CONCERNING HIMSELF JESUS CHRIST.” The Father isn’t the Son.
- They are different persons.
 Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
- Then, that SCRIPTURE right there makes perfect sense.
- Jesus Christ is the express IMAGE of God the Father who is a PERSON.
- “The express image of HIS PERSON.” This means they look alike. Like a Father and a Son look similar.
- And then Jesus sat down on the RIGHT HAND of THE MAJESTY ON HIGH. That’s God the Father.
- JESUS submits to HIS FATHER’S will. Why? Because the FATHER is the MAJESTY ON HIGH.
- And guess what? NO MAN HAS EVER SEEN GOD THE FATHER.
That’s the answer to our original problem in this sermon.
- Do you remember? 1) No man hath seen God but yet 2) Man has seen God.
- God the Father is God. Jesus Christ is God. The Holy Spirit is God.
 1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
- There are 3 HEAVENLY WITNESSES. There are no witnesses HIGHER than that.
- If you were in a court case today, and you could say that we are because other religions tell you I’m lying.
- So, in my defense, I CALL THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY TO THE STAND. He is my witness today.
- And what does He say: “For there are THREE that bear record in heaven and these THREE ARE ONE.”
- There are 3 persons in ONE GOD. God is my witness. I don’t ask a man to be my witness. I use the Bible.
A False Preacher = False Witness
Not some false preacher that tries to change the words. A false preachers is a false witness. He’s a liar.
- Do you want to call a man to the stand to be your witness? OR GOD AND HIS WORDS?
- “Well, this verse doesn’t belong because it wasn’t in the original manuscripts.” Oh, do you have those?
- Hey, look, the original manuscripts don’t exist. And this verse matches with the entire rest of the Bible.
- HUNDREDS UPON HUNDREDS OF VERSES SHOW THAT GOD IS THREE IN ONE.
 Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
- All 3 are shown in this SCRIPTURE at the same time.
 1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
 2 Corinthians 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.
 Galatians 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
 Ephesians 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
- Do you see all of this SCRIPTURE today that shows all THREE. There’s much more than that.
- But for sake of time, I won’t go through all of them. It would take days.
- That verse right there says that THE FATHER is the GOD OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST.
- The Holy Spirit is there in the same verse too.
 Ephesians 2:16-18 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
- Through JESUS CHRIST, we (you and I) have access by ONE SPIRIT, the Holy Spirit, unto the FATHER.
- All 3 are given there. WE NEED ALL THREE TO BE SAVED!!! Do you understand that.
- You can’t say that the other 2 don’t exist and there’s just one.
- If you say that, you’re placing your faith on some false representation of GOD. That’s a false God.
- It’s not the same one. If you say that Jesus is GOD THE FATHER, that’s called denying the SON.
 1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
- You must ACCEPT BOTH the Father AND the Son. BOTH. There’s more than one.
- If you don’t you’re a liar and you are ANTI-CHRIST. Do you see that SCRIPTURE or NOT?
 1 John 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: but he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
- That’s why the religion of JUDAISM in ISRAEL today doesn’t know the FATHER.
- They reject Jesus Christ. The false preachers today say, “Well, they have the same God as us.”
- Not according to the Bible. And I think God might just know a little more than you.
- You don’t want to deny the FATHER, THE SON, AND THE HOLY SPIRIT. There’s 3 in ONE GOD.
- How else do we know the physical man-made ISRAEL today doesn’t believe in God?
 John 5:46-47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?
- The Bible tells us that MOSES WROTE ABOUT JESUS. The Jews proclaim to believe Moses.
- You know? They say they follow the first 5 books of the Bible that were written by Moses.
- But when you truly ask them, they don’t believe any of it. And Jesus tells us the same right there.
- Jesus tells me that the JEWS in ISRAEL today don’t believe Moses. They don’t believe Jesus.
- They are ANTI-CHRIST. So today, you better start seeing what Jesus says and stop listening to man.
Jesus Is All Throughout The Old Testament
The entire Bible is about Jesus, and Jesus shows up all throughout the OLD TESTAMENT.
- JESUS IS GOD and HE SHOWS UP AND TALKS FACE TO FACE WITH PEOPLE IN THE OLD TESTAMENT.
- He’s always been there. He wasn’t just made into Jesus when He was born on this earth.
- HE IS ETERNAL. HE IS GOD. HE IS THE ALMIGHTY GOD. Jesus says that Moses wrote of me.
- Who was Moses talking to face to face? JESUS CHRIST. He appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
- Who came and ate a meal with Abraham in Genesis Chapter 18? JESUS CHRIST.
- I want to show you one of my favorite SCRIPTURES from the Book of Joshua
- I want you to tell me who this is that shows up to Joshua face to face.
- But I also want you to remember that NO MAN HATH SEEN GOD AT ANY TIME.
 Joshua 5:13 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?
- So, look, Joshua was a GREAT WARRIOR. There was no greater warrior at that time.
- Why? Because God was always with Joshua. Joshua is ready to fight.
- This MAN shows up, and He has a sword drawn in HIS HAND. Do you think Joshua was scared of a man?
- Oh no. Joshua goes over to him. He’s not scared. He says, “Who are you? Are you with us or against us?”
- “Do I need to take care of you? OR, are you with us?”
- And watch what this man says because I LOVE THIS. Imagine this man standing over just looking at you.
- You go over to this man who has his sword drawn. You better be ready. Watch what He says.
 Joshua 5:14 And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant?
- That man is speaking FACE TO FACE with Joshua. Joshua says, “Are you for us or against us?”
- This man says, “No.” That didn’t answer his question. It’s amazing.
- “I’m not answering your question, Joshua. Why am I not answering your question?”
- BECAUSE I AM THE CAPTAIN OF THE HOST OF THE LORD, AND I AM NOW HERE!!!
- I AM NOT FOR YOU, but YOU are for me.
Joshua Falls On His Face And Worships Because Jesus Showed Up
And what does Joshua, this great warrior, who fears NO ONE but God, what does he do?
- He falls on his face to the earth and worships this man who is more than a man. HE IS GOD.
- The Bible says, “THOU SHALT WORSHIP NO OTHER GOD.” That was God right there.
- Joshua says, “What saith my lord unto his servant?”
 Joshua 5:15 And the captain of the LORD’S host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.
- When God shows up, the GROUND YOU STAND ON IS HOLY GROUND. That was God right there.
- Did Joshua see God face to face right there? Yes, he did.
 John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
- Then you can see where people believe the Bible contradicts itself.
- “NO MAN HATH SEEN GOD AT ANY TIME.”
- And again, the answer is very simple, and it’s answered directly in SCRIPTURE by JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF.
 John 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.
- Jesus says NO MAN HATH SEEN THE FATHER. God the Father is the one no one has seen.
- Only HE which is of GOD hath seen the FATHER. Jesus and the Holy Spirit have seen the FATHER.
- That’s it. NO MAN HATH SEEN GOD THE FATHER. Understand that today.
- So, who in the world showed up in the Old Testament to Abraham, Moses, Joshua, Aaron, Miriam?
- There’s only one option. JESUS CHRIST, THE SON OF GOD showed up face to face. He was there.
- Do you remember when JACOB wrestled with God? Who was that? Hear this.
 Genesis 32:30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.
- Did Jacob see God face to face and live? YEAH, because it was JESUS.
- Did all the APOSTLES see Jesus? Did the Pharisees? Did Pontius Pilate see Jesus?
- What about Joseph and Mary? Yeah, He was here on earth.
- People saw Him die on the cross and witnesses saw Him after He arose from the dead.
- So yeah, people have seen Jesus. AND JESUS IS GOD.
 Exodus 33:11 And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.
 Numbers 14:14 And they will tell it to the inhabitants of this land: for they have heard that thou LORD art among this people, that thou LORD art seen face to face, and that thy cloud standeth over them, and that thou goest before them, by day time in a pillar of a cloud, and in a pillar of fire by night.
- Jesus went out before the people to lead them and guide them and fight for them.
- Jesus leads HIS PEOPLE into the promised land. That’s SCRIPTURE is talking about JESUS.
- They’ve seen the LORD JESUS CHRIST face to face. He’s leading them into the promised land.
- Do you see the picture of salvation there? THE BIBLE IS AMAZING.
- Heaven is the promised land for you and I. And who takes us to the promised land?
Jesus Christ = God = The Way
Who shows us the WAY? Who is THE WAY? Jesus Christ. He is the only way.
- Without trusting in Him to get you there, you’ll wander in the wilderness.
- And that’s why they had to wander in the wilderness. They weren’t trusting JESUS.
- He told them: “I’ll take you there. I’ll get you there SAFELY.” They didn’t trust Him.
- An entire generation didn’t make it into the promised land because they didn’t trust Jesus.
- Joshua did, though. And he was chosen to lead them into the promised land through JESUS.
- That’s what happened that day when JESUS showed up to Joshua.
- JESUS said, “I AM THE CAPTAIN OF THE LORD’S HOST.” WOW!!! Amazing Scripture.
 Hebrews 2:10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
- Jesus is the CAPTAIN OF YOUR SALVATION. He suffered for you. He leads you into the promised land.
- He knows when you’re going to take your last breath. He goes out before you and before that happens.
- He takes you by the hand, and HE LEADS YOU INTO THE PROMISED LAND.
- With GOD on your side, what do you have to fear?
 Psalm 23:4-6 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
- Think about that. There’s no DOUBT AT ALL that Jesus showed up to Joshua face to face that day.
- Jesus had HIS SWORD DRAWN. Who do you have to be scared of?
- If you’ve believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, NO ONE can hurt you now. You’re saved.
- He protects your soul and spirit and has given you life. No false preacher can take that from you.
- No man can take that from you NO MATTER what they say. Jesus says, “You’re safe now. I got you.”
- Start listening to what He says and stop listening to false preachers.
Why did Jesus have HIS SWORD DRAWN that day? It wasn’t because of Joshua. He knew Joshua.
- He’s ready to fight for you. And you might say, “Well my church teaches that Jesus is just so nice.”
- “He would never hurt anyone. He wears pink shirts. Purple pants. His voice is so soft and feminine.”
- “He has long hair. He wears a dress. He loves everyone no matter what.”
- “He wants peace no matter what. He is so kind to all people.”
- NO!!! Jesus had HIS SWORD DRAWN for a reason. WAKE UP.
 Exodus 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.
 Isaiah 42:13 The LORD shall go forth as a mighty man, he shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: he shall cry, yea, roar; he shall prevail against his enemies.
- Don’t mess with JESUS. The world makes Jesus out to be effeminate.
- They make Him out to be like a woman. You better wake up. JESUS ISN’T LIKE A WOMAN.
- JESUS IS A MAN. JESUS IS GOD. Jesus says, “You want some of me? MY SWORD IS DRAWN TODAY.”
- Do you remember the BOOK OF JOB? God shows up to JOB and speaks to HIM. Watch what He says.
 Job 38:1-3 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, 2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? 3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
- God says, “GIRD UP YOUR LOINS, JOB, LIKE A MAN.” He says, “I will demand you answer me.”
- It’s time for MEN to stand up LIKE MEN and answer GOD. He demands an answer from you today.
- God made the MEN leaders of the home. STAND UP AND DO WHAT HE SAYS.
- It’s time to BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST. You don’t want any part of HIM.
- Do you want to go up against God Almighty? You don’t. He’s not a peace maker for those who HATE HIM.
- JOB didn’t want any of God either. God says, “You think you know more than me, Job?”
 Job 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
- God says, “Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?”
- He’s asking you that today. Who do you think you are? “I AM GOD,” He says.
 Job 40:1-4 Moreover the LORD answered Job, and said, 2 Shall he that contendeth with the Almighty instruct him? he that reproveth God, let him answer it. 3 Then Job answered the LORD, and said, 4 Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth.
- Who do you think you are today? Do you know more than God?
- God says IN HIS BIBLE that no man hath seen God and that man has seen God.
- Are you going to tell God that He’s wrong? Both are right.
- No man hath seen God and man has seen God.
No Man Hath Seen God The Father Who Is God
The answer to that is this:
- God the Father is GOD and no man has seen God the Father.
- Jesus Christ is GOD and man has seen God the Son.
- There is no way around that no matter what man-made religions tell you.
- WAKE UP TODAY and see what THE WORD OF GOD ACTUALLY SAYS.
- Only TRUST the WORD OF GOD. That’s why you need to get to reading.
 1 Peter 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
- There’s 3 persons in ONE GOD. The Father is God. Jesus Christ is God. The Holy Spirit is God.
- TOGETHER THEY ARE ONE GOD. SEPARATELY, each one is fully GOD.
- I didn’t make all this SCRIPTURE up today. It’s all there. I didn’t write it. Trust what God says.
And only then will you no longer be fooled by false religion.
- You won’t do it on your own. BE SAVED TODAY. Get the Holy Spirit, and then get to work.
- Instead of watching TV, get your Bible out and start reading.
- Next time you sit down to watch TV, say: “Hey, why don’t I read the Bible instead?”
- When you get to the point that you LOVE THE BIBLE, you’ll see. It’s amazing.