- Sermon Slides for Sermon Once Saved Always Saved: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Once Saved Always Saved: PDF
 The title of the sermon today is “ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED.”
Can You Lose Eternal Life?
- Today, I want to answer the question clearly about whether a saved person can lose their eternal life.
- So-called “Christians” in today’s world will look at you like you’re the most idiotic person alive when you tell them that you believe in ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED.
- They’ll say things like: “YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT???”
So, it’s time to fully understand what ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED means.
- Let’s see what the Bible has to say about this.
- Most so-called “Christians” would agree that the Bible is the final authority, though, they usually don’t know which bible.
- Other so-called “Christians” believe God gives them special messages that don’t match the Bible.
- So, it’s tough to show those people anything within the Bible.
- But, let’s see for ourselves today what the Bible says.
 Salvation Comes From Believing on Jesus Christ
- Being saved is a one time event in your life in which you believe on the Son of God, Jesus Christ of Nazareth, to save you from your sins.
- This comes when you understand that only Jesus Christ has that power to save you.
- You can’t save yourself, good works can’t save you, and no one else can save you but Jesus Christ Himself.
This is what you MUST understand to be saved once and for all. It’s all JESUS that saves you.
- He did all the work for you.
- He simply wants to give you the gift of eternal life because you believe what He says.
- There are hundreds of verses that say “BELIVE” and you will receive the gift of eternal life.
- I’ve went through the entire Bible and put them all into a document if you ever want to see all of those verses.
- There are 24 pages of verses saying believing in Jesus Christ is what saves you from eternal hell and torment.
- Let’s look at a few of those verses right now:
 Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
 Romans 10:8-10 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
 2 Corinthians 4:13-14 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; 14 Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.
- And I want to finish this section with one last verse which is very easy to understand.
John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
 You Are NOT Saved by Works
- Understand that the gift of eternal life is the GREATEST gift in existence.
- No one can give such a gift but GOD HIMSELF.
- If I asked YOU to please give me the gift of eternal life, could you do that?
- Could you give me something even close to that? Of course not.
Could you do enough good things in this life to earn such a gift?
- You can’t work for such a good, good, gift.
- You can’t do enough good things in this life to earn even a small portion of that gift.
- Eternal life is forever. Understand what that is today.
 Titus 3:4-7 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
 Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
- In other words, our works have NOTHING to do with OUR SALVATION.
- Our works are like filthy rags before the GREAT AND ALMIGHTY GOD.
- He is awesome and amazing and our good works in this life will NEVER gain us access to heaven.
- If we think they do and will, we don’t understand the sacrifice Jesus Christ made and we don’t understand the GREATNESS of GOD and the GREATNESS of the gift of eternal life.
 Salvation is a FREE GIFT FROM GOD
- We need to understand that eternal life is a FREE GIFT from God. You simply do not work for a gift.
- If I asked you to work for you birthday gift, it sure wouldn’t be a gift because you worked to earn it.
- When you do work to earn something, it’s not a gift. The Bible calls it a FREE GIFT.
- FREE definitely means you don’t work for it!!!
- God HIMSELF, not I, calls salvation (HE CALLS IT) THE GIFT OF GOD.
- We just heard this in Ephesians 2 verse 8, but listen to these verses and understand this today:
 Romans 5:18-19 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. 19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
 Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
 Acts 8:20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.
- You see: This AWESOME GIFT from God cannot be purchased with money or works of any type.
- The Bible clearly says this.
- Yet, so-called “Christians” won’t believe the words from God Himself and continue to teach others falsely.
- These false teachers and preachers tell others they MUST continue to work for the gift of God.
- They make ZERO sense because they are liars. Anything that doesn’t agree with the word of God is a lie.
What are these “good works” that false teachers and preachers tell you earn you the gift of God?
- Repenting of sin is a work. Feeding the homeless is a work. Asking God for forgiveness is a work.
- Going to church, being baptized, reading your Bible, praying to God, helping others, telling others about Jesus Christ, and soul winning ARE ALL EXAMPLES OF WORKS that supposedly you can use to EARN YOUR WAY INTO HEAVEN! THIS IS FALSE!!!
- No one deserves heaven no matter how many “GOOD WORKS” they do in their life.
- No one deserves heaven because all have sinned and all have fell short of the Glory of God.
- It’s that simple.
- Repenting of sin is a work. How do I know this? Because the Bible says so. I didn’t make this up myself.
 Jonah 3:10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.
- If you have to continue to repent of your sin to receive the gift of eternal life, then you’re depending on yourself and your works to get you there.
- But instead, the Bible says this:
 Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
- You are simply saved through FAITH, through BELIEF, on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- This is GOOD NEWS because you don’t have to depend on yourself.
- I fail all the time, and I REJOICE TODAY that my salvation is through the ONE WHO NEVER FAILS, Jesus Christ the Son of God.
 Salvation is a NEW BIRTH
- Salvation is not some long drawn out process that takes a lifetime to achieve.
- Salvation is not YOUR achievements.
- For example, Catholics believe that good works get them to heaven.
- Many Christian denominations believe that you must continue to good works to make it to heaven.
The Bible clearly states that it is not your works that get you to heaven.
- That’s slapping Jesus Christ and His sacrifice right in the face. That’s spitting in the face of Jesus.
- You being saved is a single event in time that takes place.
- It’s not a series of events that YOU must do over your lifetime. It’s a single event in time.
- It’s a new BIRTH just as your very first birth was an event in time.
- You can look back and say: “Hey, I was born on August 9th at 3:42 AM in the year 2008.”
- Or: “Hey I was born on January 19th, 2011 at 7:28 AM.”
- That’s when I was born. That’s when I came into this world.
For those who believe it’s their works that get them to heaven, when do you FINALLY receive the gift of eternal life?
- What GREAT work does it take to get you there? If it’s continuous repenting of sin, when is it enough?
- What if you just sinned prior to a deadly car accident and you never got the chance to repent of your sin?
- You’ll sin until the day you die. I sure hope the last thing you do is repent of your sin.
- See: this is FALSE. This is 100% false because God says so in HIS BIBLE in HIS WORDS.
- Instead, the Bible tells us that salvation is a new birth in Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
 2 Corinthians 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
 John 3:3-7 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. 4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born? 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
 1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
- Your Salvation is BY THE WORD OF GOD who is JESUS CHRIST who LIVES AND ABIDES FOREVER!!!
- Your salvation is a new birth. You are given the Holy Spirit at your new birth.
- And you NEVER lose that Holy Spirit. Never. The Spirit is with you once you have been born again.
- And once you are born again, you have it. You’ve been born again into eternal life.
- A new and eternal life. You are a new creature.
 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
- You will NEVER stop being this new creature because God has you now.
- God is in control of your eternal life now. He’s given it to you, and He doesn’t take it away. He says so.
 You ARE NOW a Child of God
- Before you are born again, you are not a child of God.
- You are of sin and this means you are not a child of God.
- Once you are saved, you are born again SPIRITUALLY.
- Once you receive the Holy Spirit through faith in Jesus Christ, you become a child of God.
- You are born again into the family of God.
 1 John 3:1-2 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. 2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
- The Bible doesn’t say we will be the Sons of God sometime in the future.
- The Bible says NOW ARE WE THE SONS OF GOD. RIGHT NOW!!! Not later. Right now.
 Romans 8:14-16 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
- Once you are born again into the family of God HIMSELF, you cannot stop being HIS CHILD.
- Just as Callie, Taylor, and Emma will NEVER stop being my children; YOU WILL NEVER STOP BEING A CHILD OF GOD.
- You can’t stop being His child. God is now YOUR FATHER.
 Nothing Can Separate You From Your Father
- When you were born into this world, nothing can take that away.
- No one can say that you were never born because you’re here right now. You have lived on this Earth.
- Your birth can not be taken away. It’s happened. You’re here.
- No one can remove the event of your birth from history. You were here.
My children will ALWAYS be MY CHILDREN. We may have some issues from time to time.
- We may have some troubles from time to time. Our fellowship may be broken.
- They may get my wrath at points in their life because of what they choose to do, BUT their relationship to me cannot be broken or changed.
- They will always be my children and no one can change that.
- Nothing can change that God gave me those beautiful children. They are mine.
Once you are born again spiritually, you are saved. There’s nothing you can do to change that.
- God becomes your Father. Nothing can change that. Nobody can change that. You can’t change that.
- Just as you my children can’t stop being my children, you can’t stop being a child of God.
- Your fellowship with God might be broken in the future. You might have some tough times.
- You might experience punishment from God because you aren’t doing what He asks.
- But, your relationship to God will NEVER be broken because He is your Father.
 Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
 John 10:28-29 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.
- Do you understand that today? Your Father in heaven is YOUR FATHER now no matter what you do.
- There is NOTHING you or anyone else can do to change that.
- You are His child now, and He is a good Father.
 Jesus Will NEVER Leave You
- Jesus Himself says He will never leave you.
- If you could lose your salvation once you have it, then Jesus sure wouldn’t say the opposite to that.
- Jesus says: I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU. Do you understand that? Jesus will never leave you.
- If He leaves you and takes away your salvation, He would be a liar. And Jesus is not a liar. He cannot lie.
- So hear this today:
 Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
 Matthew 28:19-20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
- Jesus will not leave you. He is with you always.
 You Already HAVE Eternal Life
- I want you to understand the definition of eternal life today.
- I was so confused about eternal life just a few years ago.
- I never stopped to understand what ETERNAL LIFE means.
The definition of eternal life is everlasting life. God chose those exact words. He says: ETERNAL LIFE.
- This is life that never ends.
- When the Bible talks about YOU receiving eternal life, it speaks in the present tense.
- It’s saying eternal life is something you already have.
- It doesn’t speak about you receiving it in some future event. If we had to keep working for eternal life, the Bible would clearly say so and it wouldn’t refer to eternal life in the PRESENT TENSE.
 John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
- The Bible is saying you HAVE IT RIGHT NOW!
 1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
 John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
- Jesus Himself says you have everlasting life.
- He doesn’t say that you must continue to live a holy life, that you must go to church, that you must repent of your sin, that you must feed the homeless, that you must be perfect in your flesh.
- He says none of this.
- Instead, Jesus gives us HIS GOOD NEWS. He says you HAVE everlasting life.
 Jesus Will Not Cast You Out
- Jesus Himself says He will not cast you out once you believe on Him.
- Listen to the POWER in the words of Jesus:
 John 6:35-39 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. 36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not. 37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
- How can anyone read and hear those words from Jesus Christ Himself and tell people that they can lose their salvation?
- For those people who teach and preach that you can lose your salvation: Are you calling Jesus Christ a liar?
- Are you calling God a liar? You see: in my mind, you’re more evil than ANY person in existence.
- You’re flat out calling my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ a liar. And I will not listen to it any more.
- Jesus Himself says I will lose nothing. He’s talking about you. He will not lose you.
- He doesn’t lose saved people. He will keep you safe with Him. You can count on that!
 You Are COMPLETE In JESUS CHRIST
- Once you believe on Jesus Christ, you are a born again believer. You receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
- You are sealed with the Holy Spirit. You are in God’s hands now. God is your Father. You are His child.
 Colossians 2:8-10 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
- Don’t let anyone deceive you ever again. You are complete in Christ. You’re complete right now.
- You have eternal life right now. Jesus is the head of all principality and power. He has the power.
- Listen to what He says.
- Stop listening to the deceivers and liars of this world as these are the so-called “Christians” of this world in all of these false religions.
- Any religion that teaches different than the Bible is a false religion.
- Anyone who teaches that you can lose your salvation is a liar, deceiver, and a false teacher.
- Don’t listen to them. Listen to the word of God, which is THE TRUTH.
 You Are PERFECT Forever
- Jesus came and died on the cross for you. He was raised from the dead in His body for you.
- He did this once for you and for all. The Bible says you are perfected forever.
- Why would the Bible say that you are perfected forever if you could lose your salvation?
- This means you would go from perfect to imperfect to perfect to imperfect over and over again every single day of your life.
- Where does the Bible say anything like that? It doesn’t. But yet, people will teach you that.
- If you have ears, hear these verses today:
 Hebrews 10:10-14 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: 12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. 14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
- The Bible says Jesus has perfected you forever through ONE OFFERING, through ONE SACRIFICE that He made for you.
- You don’t save yourself in ANY way. He did it for you. Jesus saves you. Jesus keeps it all for you.
- If you don’t think Jesus keeps it all for you, then you don’t believe what the Bible says.
- If you don’t believe what God says, and you don’t hear His words, then you need to go back to the Gospel of Jesus Christ to be saved.
- If you don’t believe what God says, then you’re calling God a liar. The Bible says so.
 1 John 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
- Don’t make God a liar. We’re talking about the Creator of all things.
- We’re talking about the ONE AND ONLY GOD who speaks things into existence. Don’t call God a liar.
- Telling others that you can lose your salvation is calling God a liar. There’s no other way around it.
 You Are Preserved in Jesus
- The Bible tells us we are preserved in Jesus Christ.
 Jude 1-2 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called: 2 Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.
 2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
- God says He will preserve you in His hands. Do you not believe what God says?
- Why would the Bible say we are preserved if we aren’t preserved?
- Once saved always saved is what the Bible says. You can’t lose your salvation.
 You Are Kept By The Power of God
- You can’t save yourself. You can’t gain yourself the gift of eternal life.
- There’s nothing good enough that would gain you this good, good gift.
- Only the power of God can give you this gift and keep this gift for you.
 1 Peter 1:3-5 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
- Do you hear this today? Your eternal life does not fade away. Your reservation in heaven is good.
- God made that reservation already, and he doesn’t lose this reservation. He is God.
- God says He keeps you through His power through the faith you have in Jesus Christ.
 Jude 24-25 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
- God keeps you from falling through His power alone.
- He has given you eternal life, and He keeps you from falling. This is what the Bible says.
 You Are Saved To The Uttermost
- Do you know what saved to the uttermost means? Let’s hear the Bible:
 Hebrews 7:24-27 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood. 25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. 26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens; 27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people’s: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.
- He has saved you to the uttermost! Uttermost is utter and most.
- This means Jesus has saved you to the extreme.
- Uttermost means extreme, being in the furthest, greatest and highest degree.
- This means you are FULLY SAVED to the EXTREME!!! Now that’s what I want!
- And God ensures us over and over again with His TRUE WORDS that we are saved to the uttermost.
 You Are Sealed Unto The Day of Redemption
- The Day of Redemption is the Lord’s Day when He returns to gather us together in the clouds before His wrath is poured out on the unbelievers.
- This is the day of redemption when you receive a new body as you’re gathered together in the clouds.
- People who have already passed away and are in heaven right now will be there, and we will be there too.
 Ephesians 1:13-14 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
- So Ephesians 1 tells us that once we believe on the Lord Jesus Christ that we are sealed with the Holy Spirit.
- If you have ever believed on Jesus, you have been sealed. Past tense. You are sealed. You are saved.
- It’s pretty easy and simple to understand because the Bible is VERY CLEAR.
 Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
 2 Corinthians 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.
- I’m not sure how God could have been any clearer about ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED.
- God’s words aren’t confusing. As you’ve seen so far, He spells it out very clearly.
- Other so-called “Christians” laugh at people who believe ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED.
- Well, the Bible says the jokes on them. Don’t laugh at God’s words.
- I find it amazing that so many Christians won’t believe what God says.
- When that happens, we always go back to John Chapter 8, which says this:
 John 8:47 He that is of God heareth God’s words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
- If you don’t hear God’s words, then you aren’t of God.
- And this makes sense because those same people who mock, criticize, and laugh at the ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED believe they can work for the gift of eternal life.
- They think it depends on them. They think they are good people.
I’ll never forget when a church elder laughed at me because I said I believe in ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED.
- I’ll never forget that moment because I could feel the evil. He looked at me like I was the total idiot.
- But thank God that man inspired me to write this sermon today.
- So just know that the evil will NEVER stop God’s people.
- Keep being evil because we GET STRONGER through the STRONGEST THERE is and that is JESUS CHRIST.
- Evil will NEVER STOP JESUS CHRIST. He has all power, and we get our power through HIM ALONE!
 You Become The Body of Christ
Once you’re saved, you become the Body of Christ.
- This doesn’t happen in the future.
- It happens once you believe.
 Ephesians 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
 1 Corinthians 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
- The Bible doesn’t say this happens sometime in the future.
- It doesn’t say you will become members of His body. It says we ARE (RIGHT NOW) the Body of Christ.
- Jesus doesn’t lose members of His body.
 What About The Person Who Falls Away or Backslides?
- So what happens to those people who have believed on the Lord Jesus Christ but backslide or forsake God?
- We, as mere humans, can’t see if someone has ever believed.
- We can only see their works and their actions.
Right now, you can’t look at me and see my belief in Jesus Christ.
- You might think I believe because of what I say and do, but you don’t know 100% for sure that I am saved.
- You can’t see what I believe. God can see the belief. You can’t.
- Some of the people that are called backsliders may have never believed.
- You don’t know, and I don’t know. But there are people who have believed and don’t follow Jesus Christ.
- They think they can do whatever they want and don’t care what God says.
- They walk in the flesh the majority of the time and not the Spirit.
The Bible tells us what happens to those people. If those people ever believed, you can know they are saved.
- If they go against God in this life, God will punish those backsliders in this life. How do I know this?
- Because the Bible says so:
 Revelation 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
- Jesus loves those who are saved. He’s telling us to be sorry when we do something against God.
- He’s saying stop sinning and start following Him. Walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh.
- If we choose not to and continue to go against God willingly and without remorse, He can punish us very badly in this life.
- So don’t think you can be saved and do whatever you want.
- Just as a good father punishes his children to show them the right way, God will do the same.
- The Bible also tells us that a saved person can lose their rewards in heaven. Hear this:
 1 Corinthians 3:11-15 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13 Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is. 14 If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
- Those verses are telling us those who already have Jesus as the foundation are saved.
- Once you believe on Jesus Christ, He is the foundation and you can start building upon that foundation.
- Those are the good works that you are building up.
- You cannot do good works unless you have 100% of your faith on Jesus Christ.
Your works will be passed through a fire. If they are good works, they will make it through the fire.
- If your works are evil works, you shall suffer loss BUT YOU WILL BE SAVED!
- How would this verse make any sense if you could lose your salvation? It wouldn’t. The Bible is very clear.
- Once saved always saved.
 What If You Stop Believing?
- Now we have this group of people who have believed on Jesus Christ to save them, are saved, but now say they stopped believing.
- They will say: “Well, I don’t believe in Jesus any more.”
- So again, I would ask the question: “Did those people truly ever believe?”
If they did, you can know they are saved and going to heaven.
- If they never believed and die, they are going to hell.
- Those are the only possible outcomes according to God, and He is running things.
- Your salvation is SECURE! Even if you believe not after you’ve been saved, you can know that you’re going to heaven.
- You can’t get out of the hand of Jesus and God. You have become a part of the Body of Jesus.
- Hear this today:
 2 Timothy 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.
- If you’ve accepted Jesus Christ before, you’re already saved.
- If you believe not in the future, that sin of unbelief has already been forgiven. Do you understand that?
- Once you’re saved, all your sins are forgiven. You are a part of Jesus, and Jesus CANNOT DENY HIMSELF.
- This is what 2 Timothy 2:13 is telling us. Jesus is FAITHFUL and just to forgive us.
 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- The confession of sins is a one-time event.
- If we understand that we are sinners, we understand that we need a Savior.
- This is when we believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to forgive us of our sins.
- Then, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Believing not at some time in the future is unrighteousness.
- This has already been cleansed from you, and you’re forgiven. Do you understand what that means?
- There’s nothing you can do to lose your salvation. You’re saved. This is GOOD NEWS!!!
- Once you truly understand the GOOD NEWS, you’ll get to work for God because you’ll see, know, and understand HIS great love for you.
- Once you understand this great love, you’ll want to make your Father happy.
- You’ll want to do what He wants.
 What If You Do Something Awful?
- Let’s say you murder someone like when King David had Uriah killed through deception.
- Let’s say you deny the Lord Jesus Christ like Peter did 3 times. Let’s say you kill yourself like King Saul did.
- Let’s say there’s fornication in the Church of saved believers just as in 1 Corinthians Chapter 5.
- Let’s hear what the Bible says:
 1 Corinthians 5:1-5 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father’s wife. 2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you. 3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed, 4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
- The flesh has been destroyed but the spirit is saved. Do you see that?
- King David was saved. King Saul was saved. Peter was saved.
- All of their future sins were already forgiven and they are in heaven right now.
- If you believe on Jesus, you’re saved.
Some people will say: “Well, King David was saved because he continued to repent of his sin.”
- These are the same people that continue to believe that salvation depends on their works even though Ephesians 2:8-9 says NOT OF WORKS and NOT OF YOURSELVES.
- What about King Saul? He didn’t repent of killing himself because he was already dead!
- He didn’t get the chance to repent of his sin. Did he go to hell? The Bible tells us exactly where he went.
- The spirit of Samuel speaks to Saul:
 1 Samuel 28:18-19 Because thou obeyedst not the voice of the LORD, nor executedst his fierce wrath upon Amalek, therefore hath the LORD done this thing unto thee this day. 19 Moreover the LORD will also deliver Israel with thee into the hand of the Philistines: and to morrow shalt thou and thy sons be with me: the LORD also shall deliver the host of Israel into the hand of the Philistines.
- The spirit of Samuel tells Saul that he is being punished because he has not obeyed the voice of the Lord.
- Saul dies a horrible death, but he is saved and is in heaven right now because the Bible says so.
- Samuel tells Saul that he and his sons will be with him tomorrow.
- Samuel, 100% without a doubt, is in heaven. And Saul joined him there even after taking his own life.
I would say that killing yourself is a horrible sin, wouldn’t you?
- Saul was punished, killed himself, and is in heaven right now.
- Can anyone that doesn’t believe in ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED explain that away? They’ll try.
- They will say that wasn’t really Samuel even though the Bible says it’s Samuel.
- Samuel told us what would happen and that’s what happened. That was Samuel. Saul was saved.
- Saul is in heaven.
 God Is Not A Liar
- Have you heard the multiple promises from God within this sermon today.
- Have you heard that He’s given you eternal life once you believed on Jesus Christ?
 John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
- Notice the verse says because he hath not “BELIEVED” (past tense).
- The verse says this because if you’ve ever believed, you are saved.
- Understand what eternal life means.
- If He gives you eternal life as He says, and then He takes it away, was it ever eternal life?
- If He takes it away, it wasn’t what He promised you. Do you understand that?
So-called “Christians” (I WAS ONE OF THEM) think that continue to gain and lose eternal life until they die.
- This is not GOOD NEWS!
- By chance, we have to hope that we die at just the right time so we had eternal life at the moment we died.
- Since we sin so much, this would be very difficult to do.
- Since we don’t know when we’re dying, we would never be assured that we were going to heaven.
You see: this is the strategy of the great deceiver and fallen angel.
- This is that plan of the trash bag that we call Satan.
- He makes people believe they are “Christians” and that they can continue to lose their eternal life.
- This makes God a liar and little Satan loves that. This is what he wants.
- He wants to make God look like a liar and get as many people sent to hell that he can.
- Please, let’s stop making God out to be the liar Christians. God is not a liar.
- If you even remotely suggest that someone can lose their salvation, you are making God out to be a liar.
 Why Do You Doubt Your Salvation?
- I want to go over a few reasons why people doubt their salvation.
- The first is that we like to trust in our feelings and emotions more than the Word of God.
- But the Bible says this:
 Proverbs 28:26 He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.
- Stop trusting in your emotions and start going over all the verses that we’ve went over today.
- God tells you that you’re saved. Your emotions say different. Who are you going to trust?
- The next reason people doubt their salvation is people think salvation through faith alone is too simple and easy.
- But God knows us since He designed us and created us and understood that we need something simple.
- If it wasn’t so simple, none of us would make it.
- He made it so simple and easy and yet most people are headed to hell.
 2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
- The Gospel is simple and easy to understand but it’s been corrupted so badly by people who claim to be God’s people.
- You can know today that it’s simple and easy. Believe on Jesus and you will be saved from your sins.
- Other people doubt their salvation because they trust in their own righteousness.
- They then figure out that they aren’t very good people.
- They continue to sin in their flesh and doubt whether or not they will truly make it.
- When you ask them if they’re going to heaven, they’ll say: “Well, I hope so.” I was one of those people.
 Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
- We aren’t good people. We sin. We cannot trust in ourselves to get us to heaven. Can’t do it.
- Other people who doubt their salvation continue to trust in their religion, their church, and their traditions rather than reading and hearing the word of God.
 Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
- Hear the word of God and don’t follow a religion or a church. Follow the word of God.
- Other people doubt their salvation because they take a few verses out of context and can’t understand what they mean.
- They take what they’ve been taught about those scriptures, and they automatically assume that’s what the words are saying.
- Take a closer look at the words and see the truth instead of the lies.
- They will take verses like this in Matthew 24 out of context:
 Matthew 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
- They will take that verse and say that you MUST endure to the end to be saved.
- That you must continue to repent of your sins to be saved. Is that what the verse says? No, sure doesn’t.
- The souls of people who believe will be saved. Does that mean your flesh will be saved?
- No, your flesh dies and is buried.
Does this mean that people who don’t endure to the end but believe on Jesus will not be saved? No, it doesn’t.
- That’s not what the words say. Don’t change the word of God to match your religion.
- It’s talking about the tribulation and your flesh being saved.
- If you endure to the end of the tribulation, your flesh is saved and you made it to the rapture.
- So again, don’t doubt your salvation. Know that you’re safe in the hands of God.
- Know that you HAVE eternal life.
- Don’t ever let anyone tell you different including yourself with your feelings and emotions.
 Have You Been Saved?
- If you haven’t been saved, right now is the time.
- You see: dying without Jesus Christ is the NUMBER ONE, 100% WITHOUT A DOUBT, WORST THING you could ever do.
- I will warn you today: DO NOT GO ONE MORE MINUTE without believing on Jesus Christ. Now is the time.
- There is no better time than right now.
If you’ve never put all your faith in Jesus Christ to save you, you’re not saved right now.
- It’s not good AT ALL to not be saved right now.
- If you think you have to do good things to get to heaven, you aren’t saved. You’re trusting in yourself.
- It takes 100% faith in Jesus Christ and 0% you or anything else.
Your church, religion, yourself, your works, your Dad, your Mom, your Sister, your Brother, your friends: they can’t save you.
- 80% Jesus and 15% your church and 5% you won’t get you to heaven.
- 99.99% Jesus and 0.01% YOU won’t get you to heaven. It’s 100% JESUS or not.
- Anything but JESUS ALONE sends you to hell.
- Get your name in the Book of Life today, right now. Hear this warning from the Bible:
 Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
- Understand you’re a sinner. You haven’t followed all of God’s rules your entire life.
- None of us have and none of us can. It’s impossible because God said so. If we die with sin, we go to hell.
- So we need forgiveness of those sins. Know that Jesus died on the cross to pay for your sins.
- Jesus takes all of your sin away. He is the Son of God who died for you because He loves you.
- Accept His gift of eternal life simply by believing what He says in the Bible.
- The spilled blood of Jesus Christ has washed your sins away once you believe on Him.
- Simply trust Jesus alone with your soul.
 John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
- Believe in him and receive eternal life.
 Romans 10:13-14 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
- If you’ve listened to the sermon today, you have no excuse for not accepting Jesus Christ right now.
- And if you’ve already accepted Him before, it NEVER hurts to do it again.
- So, as we close today, we’re going to call upon the Lord with our mouth and within our minds.
- I want you to repeat this prayer with me today as we close.
I know that I’m a sinner
I know that I need you to save me
I understand that I can’t save myself
I don’t want to be lost forever in hell
Thank you so much for dying for me
I call upon you now Lord Jesus
To save me from all my sin
I now ask for the gift of eternal life
And to be sealed with the Holy Spirit
Thank You Jesus
In Your Name I pray
- If you truly believed what you just said with all your heart, you are now saved.
- If not, make it your top priority as 151,000 people die each day.