- Sermon Slides for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 12: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 12: PDF
- Audio MP3 for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 12: Audio
- Video MP4 for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 12: Video
 The title of the sermon: “PROVERBS CHAPTER 12.”
Continuing Our Verse By Verse Bible Study In Proverbs
- We’re going to continue our verse by verse study within the Book of Proverbs today.
- Let’s go ahead and get started there in verse 1.
 Proverbs 12:1 Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge: but he that hateth reproof is brutish.
- Do you hate for God to instruct you, correct you, and teach you RIGHT THINGS?
- Or, do you love to hear the words of the Bible and be instructed, reproved, and rebuked by God?
- Do you know everything and have no need for instruction?
- Some children will let their Dad and Mom know that they don’t need their instruction.
- But we all know that they do need our instruction. Don’t be stiffnecked.
If someone who knows more than you teaches you something, you should love that.
- You should love to learn and gain knowledge from someone who knows more than you.
- Do you know who knows MUCH MORE than you? GOD DOES. He knows everything.
- He instructs us perfectly if we would just allow Him to instruct us. Or, we can reject His instruction.
- And that would be BRUTISH. What’s the definition of brutish? Insensible, stupid, savage, ignorant.
- UNTAUGHT. Do you want to be UNTAUGHT of God and His ways? I sure don’t.
- Instead, I am going to love His instruction, His rebukes to me, His reproving me.
- We must love God, all His ways, and seek after His knowledge and wisdom.
 Proverbs 2:10-12 When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul; 11 Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee: 12 To deliver thee from the way of the evil man, from the man that speaketh froward things;
- When we love God’s word and we allow Him to teach us, we gain knowledge that will keep us from evil.
- We will learn the wolves, vipers, serpents, deceivers, and false preachers. You’ll know immediately.
- God’s word will deliver you from the evil man that speaketh FROWARD things.
- This is why we love instruction and knowledge. We love God’s instruction because it’s truth.
 Proverbs 12:2 A good man obtaineth favour of the LORD: but a man of wicked devices will he condemn.
- A GOOD MAN obtains favor from the Lord. A wicked man will be condemned.
- What does that mean? We know that the Bible tells us there are none good.
- Does that mean we are never good?
- Let’s compare Scripture with Scripture to see who obtains favor of the Lord.
 Proverbs 8:34-36 Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors. 35 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD. 36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.
- A good man will hear God and His words. A good man will watch daily at the Lord’s gates.
- A good man will wait at the posts of God’s house. When you find God, you find goodness.
- When you believe on Jesus Christ, God imputes HIS GOODNESS unto you. Then, you can be good.
- But you won’t always be good all the time because of your flesh. But you can be a good man.
 Psalm 112:4-5 Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness: he is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous. 5 A good man sheweth favour, and lendeth: he will guide his affairs with discretion.
- There are good men, but they are only good men if they are saved and following God’s commandments.
- They are only good because of God and His goodness.
 Acts 11:22-24 Then tidings of these things came unto the ears of the church which was in Jerusalem: and they sent forth Barnabas, that he should go as far as Antioch. 23 Who, when he came, and had seen the grace of God, was glad, and exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord. 24 For he was a good man, and full of the Holy Ghost and of faith: and much people was added unto the Lord.
- Barnabas was a good man the Bible says. This means Barnabas was a saved man following God.
- Without God, we are not good AT ALL. With God, though, we can be good. And it’s our choice.
- All people who do not have God are wicked. God will condemn the wicked.
- These are all those will not believe on Jesus Christ.
 Proverbs 12:3 A man shall not be established by wickedness: but the root of the righteous shall not be moved.
- You will NEVER be established by wickedness.
- You can believe you’re doing great in doing wickedness, but you never will be.
- You can deceive yourself over and over again, but the truth will come out.
- For example, a man and woman who take their children to day care so they can make more money may think that they’re doing well.
- “Look at all the extra money we have. We can buy more stuff. We can go on vacation more.”
- The truth is that it’s 100% wicked to take your children to day care. WICKED. EVIL.
“A man shall not be established by wickedness.” Wickedness is going against God’s words.
- Is it not? What is wickedness? What is evil? Sin is evil. Sin is going against God’s commands to you.
- Why would you despise and hate your own children by sending them out into the world at such a young age?
- Most start day care as babies, and they can’t even speak for themselves. They have no protection at all.
The parents hand off their precious baby, which is a great blessing from God, to strangers.
- These strangers do all kinds of evil things to the little children and no one even knows or cares.
- WHY AREN’T YOU PROTECTING YOUR CHILDREN? Why are you hating your very own children?
- For what? MONEY? Really?
- You can’t take money with you when you die, but you can make sure that child of yours goes to heaven and knows the word of God.
 Matthew 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.
- Don’t despise your own children while you love money. The root of all evil is the love of money.
- Passing your children off to the public schools and to day care is evil. There is no other conclusion.
- And if you don’t like what I’m saying, do something about it. Love your children. There’s nothing better.
The ROOT of the Righteous Will Not Be Moved = Jesus Christ
The second half of Proverbs 12:3 says, “But the root of the righteous shall not be moved.”
- Wickedness will never root you or establish you. You’ll be thrown around with every wind of doctrine.
- But, the root of the righteous shall not be moved. You can root yourself and establish yourself forever.
- And it’s not money that’s going to do that for you. Jesus Christ is the one who can do that for you.
- Who is “THE ROOT” within the Bible?
 Revelation 5:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
- Jesus Christ is “THE” root within the Bible. What does this mean? He is the root of all saved people.
- There is no other root. He is the cornerstone of the strong foundation. He is not moved or shaken at all.
- When you have Jesus as your ROOT, you will not be moved. Jesus is your strength.
- Jesus is the eternal God who cannot be moved. He’s not going away. He is the LION of the tribe of Judah.
- Jesus is the firstfruits from the dead. He arose from the dead victorious.
 Romans 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
- If the root of the tree is Jesus Christ, the branches of the tree will be holy.
- We grow in Jesus Christ alone because HE IS THE ROOT. We are not. He is the firstfruits. We are not.
- We are established through Jesus Christ ALONE, and we will not be moved. We will never die.
 Colossians 2:6-8 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
- When you’re rooted in Jesus Christ and His words, you shouldn’t allow anyone to trick you ever again.
- Use His words to guide you and direct you, and you will not fall. Get away from His words and you will fall.
- Let’s keep going in Proverbs Chapter 12 verse 4.
 Proverbs 12:4 A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband: but she that maketh ashamed is as rottenness in his bones.
- A virtuous woman is one who follows God’s commandments. THAT WOMAN is a crown to her husband.
- As a wife, you should want to be a crown to your husband.
- You don’t want to be a shame to your husband.
- If you don’t follow God’s commandments, you will become a shame to your husband.
- And when you break God’s law, you are like rottenness in your husband’s bones.
- And how do you think God feels about you? You don’t want to be ROTTEN to God or your husband.
 Proverbs 31:10-12 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. 11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. 12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
- Understand men, that when you find a good woman who follows God, you’ve found something precious.
- HER PRICE IS FAR ABOVE RUBIES. The price of wisdom is far above rubies.
- A husband wants a woman that he can safely trust in. All others are no good.
- And there’s a lot of no good women out there. Men too. A good woman will stand out to a good man.
- An evil and wicked man won’t want of these good women. The evil man looks for a harlot.
- The good man who follows God and His words will recognize a good woman immediately.
 Proverbs 31:13-15 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands. 14 She is like the merchants’ ships; she bringeth her food from afar. 15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
- A good woman will work hard with her hands. She won’t be afraid of work.
- She will stay up late taking care of her family. She will provide food for her family.
 Proverbs 31:16-18 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard. 17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms. 18 She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.
- A virtuous woman will gird up her loins with strength. She will know the Bible and His words.
- She will strengthen herself physically and spiritually. She will strengthen her arms.
- She knows that all her merchandise is good. HER LIGHT DOESN’T GO OUT. She’s tough. She’s strong.
- She will stand up for God, and she will do what God says.
 Proverbs 31:19-21 She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff. 20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy. 21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
- She makes sure her household is ready for all things.
- She commands the house when her husband is working. She is not afraid of anything but God.
 Proverbs 31:22-24 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple. 23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land. 24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.
- She helps her husband from home. She makes fine linen and sells it. She delivers goods to merchants.
- She’s always making things easier for her husband and not fighting against him.
 Proverbs 31:25-26 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come. 26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
- She knows God’s law. SHE IS STRONG IN THE WORD OF GOD. She is clothed in honor.
- That’s the type of woman you want to be to your husband and to God.
 Proverbs 31:27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
- She is constantly watching over her household. A woman can’t do that if she is away from home.
- A virtuous woman is not idle. She is not lazy. She works hard from home with her children.
- A woman like this is very difficult to find in this world, but I thank God we have many of them right here.
- And I know these young ladies are going to be virtuous women who love God with all their heart and soul.
- And there is nothing more beautiful than that to God Almighty.
Now, if you want to do the opposite of all those things and follow the ways of the world, you will be rotten.
- A rotten woman you will be if you want to ignore God, His words, and His commands to you.
- If you think your ways are better than His, you’ll never be happy as a woman.
 Proverbs 12:5 The thoughts of the righteous are right: but the counsels of the wicked are deceit.
- If you’re constantly thinking about the word of God, your thoughts will be right.
- If you’re constantly praying to God, your thoughts will be right.
- If you’re constantly studying the word of God and seeking Him, your thoughts will be right.
- But if you fall for the counsel and teaching of the wicked, you will be deceived.
- It’s so easy to be deceived in this world when you don’t know the word of God.
- If you would listen to God’s words, you won’t be deceived. No one wants to be tricked or deceived.
- Right? I sure don’t. The only way to ensure that you aren’t deceived is through God’s words.
 Proverbs 12:6 The words of the wicked are to lie in wait for blood: but the mouth of the upright shall deliver them.
- False preachers are wicked. They aren’t good.
- The man down the road preaching lies right now is not good. “But he’s a Christian and a man of God.”
- Really? Then he wouldn’t be lying about God and His words. He’s not a man of God.
- He’s lying in wait for blood. He’s sending people to hell. Satan is using him to deceive people.
- He is not rooted in the word of God. “But the mouth of the upright shall deliver them.”
You can ensure your mouth is upright by speaking God’s words to others.
- When you start going down some other path, you won’t be able to ensure your words will be upright.
- Speaking the Gospel will deliver people from death and hell. Preaching a false gospel will kill people.
 Proverbs 14:3 In the mouth of the foolish is a rod of pride: but the lips of the wise shall preserve them.
- WISE people speak God’s words. Wise people always move the conversation to God.
- The lips of the wise shall preserve them. God’s word is preserving to you and your life.
- And to others. So why wouldn’t you want to constantly speak God’s words?
- Not the words of false religions. Not the traditions of men. But God’s actual words. They preserve us.
 Proverbs 12:7 The wicked are overthrown, and are not: but the house of the righteous shall stand.
- All the people out there who are living their lives and seeking after gain 100% of the time are lost.
- They want more money so they can buy more things. They will be overthrown.
- Think about it. You come into this world with nothing. You will take nothing out.
Money And Riches On Earth Won’t Help You
So, let’s say you’re a billionaire at death. Let’s say I have 100 dollars to my name at death.
- We’re lying in hospital beds next to each other. Same room. Same types of beds.
- We look at each other in the eye as we take our last breath. What did your 100 billion dollars do for you?
- What did my 100 dollars do for me? NOTHING. Will you try to call up your 100 billion dollars to save you?
- Because it won’t save you. I see the look of helplessness in your eyes as we die.
- You see the look of confidence in my eyes as I pass away. You see that I know where I’m going.
- You finally realize that MONEY is nothing, but it was too late as you took your last breath.
Don’t let it get to that point. STOP seeking money. STOP seeking things. They don’t even breathe.
- But I know one who does breathe and is living in heaven right now.
- And the proof that He is alive is this earth all around you. It’s all alive, and He keeps it for us.
- So, why don’t you seek after Him because He is alive and He is powerful and mighty.
- Money is just paper and it will burn. It is wasted constantly. But God is the one who burns it all.
- He has all power and all might and He is the one who can save you from death and hell. SEEK HIM.
- You will be overthrown no matter what you think you have. Death will come for you.
- Without God, you will no longer exist to anyone you knew. You will fade away. YOU ARE NOT.
- But the house of the righteous shall stand. Don’t you want to stand forever. I sure do. I will not fall.
- Why? Because Jesus Christ is MY SAVIOR. He is the one who will keep me standing forever.
 Proverbs 12:8 A man shall be commended according to his wisdom: but he that is of a perverse heart shall be despised.
- People who love wisdom will commend a man for his wisdom. God loves wisdom.
- God will commend you for seeking after His wisdom. He says so over and over again.
- He tells you to ask for His wisdom and He will give it to you. God loves when you want wisdom.
- “PLEASE GOD, GIVE US MORE AND MORE OF YOUR WISDOM. PLEASE. We beg you right now.”
But the people who hate God’s wisdom will have a perverse heart and they will be despised.
- God will hate those people who hate Him and His wisdom. THEY ARE PERVERSE and PERVERTED.
- Personally, I don’t want to be around them. I can’t stand them. I don’t want to hear their nasty mouths.
- Who wants to be around a pervert? NOT ME. Stay away from me sickos. Evil and wicked people.
- GOD WILL DESPISE THOSE NASTY PEOPLE. He says so over and over again.
 Proverbs 12:9 He that is despised, and hath a servant, is better than he that honoureth himself, and lacketh bread.
- A good man and a good woman are saved people who follow God. The world will despise those people.
- But it’s better to have bread to eat with Jesus Christ as the bread of life than to honor yourself.
- When you honor yourself, you will have nothing in the end.
- When you humble yourself, though, you will have much more.
 Proverbs 13:7 There is that maketh himself rich, yet hath nothing: there is that maketh himself poor, yet hath great riches.
- There are none richer than those who are saved by the blood of Jesus Christ.
- Those people have eternal life.
- You can stack up all the other riches in this world. Think about that. ALL THE EARTHLY RICHES.
- Stack them all up. They won’t compare to the riches ONE person has with everlasting life.
- We understand that we are nothing without Jesus Christ. We are poor and have nothing.
- We need Jesus Christ to save us. When we realize that and believe on Him, then we are richer than rich.
- We will never lack anything ever again. That’s called rich. Is it not?
 Proverbs 12:10 A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.
- A righteous man will regard all life and even the life of his beasts. You won’t treat your animals poorly.
- Did you know animals were created before man? They were her first. God created them.
- We do not treat them poorly, but we don’t raise them up and worship them either.
- But we do regard the life of our animals. For example, when our dog of 14 years died, I cried.
- I didn’t think that I would, but I did. I buried her in the rain and cried while I buried her.
- And I don’t care what you think about me.
We are to regard the life that God gives to every living creature.
- We don’t take life without regard. We are to be respectful of life that God gives. He gives it. Respect it.
- “But the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.” They don’t care about life. It’s nothing to them.
- For example, a man that would kill all the pigs at Purnell’s Sausage thought it was fun. He would laugh.
- Another man I knew that it was funny that he paralyzed the mother of a baby deer.
- The little baby deer was trying to get her mother to wake up. The man laughed and thought it was funny.
- This is the same man that would shoot pet dogs for target practice while hunting.
- THAT’S CALLED A WICKED AND CRUEL MAN. Do you think I would trust that man with anything?
- I sure wouldn’t. That’s cruel. The mercies of the wicked are cruel. The mercy of God is not cruel.
- God has something special in store for men like that.
 Proverbs 12:11 He that tilleth his land shall be satisfied with bread: but he that followeth vain persons is void of understanding.
- This is an amazing Scripture to me. AMAZING. This teaches you what happens with lazy people.
- The man that tilleth his land shall be satisfied with bread. But what about the opposite?
- The lazy man? What happens to him? “But he that followeth vain persons is void of understanding.”
- The lazy man will follow after vain or empty or worthless people.
- They will listen to everyone else but God. They won’t care about God. They are void of understanding.
This is why the Bible teaches us to GET TO WORK over and over and over again.
- God doesn’t want us to be lazy. Why? Laziness and idleness leads to many other very bad things.
- Laziness will lead to people following after people who lie to them over and over again.
- And yes, take a look in this world and that’s what you’ll find.
- You’ll find lazy people listening to worthless people. They go further and further off the right path.
- I’ve seen so-called “pastors” doing this same thing. They’re too lazy to study God’s word.
- What do they do? They listen to Joyce Meyer who is a vain, worthless, and empty woman who is a liar.
- They let her do the work for them, and she deceives them. That’s why God wants you to get to work.
For example, I could stand up here and lie to you about the Bible if you aren’t working and studying it.
- But if you’re working on the Bible and seeking God and His actual words, you won’t be deceived.
- If you work hard each day with the Bible, God will help you to see the truth. He will teach you.
- He promises you that, and He makes His promises good. You can count on Him. So get to work.
 Proverbs 12:12 The wicked desireth the net of evil men: but the root of the righteous yieldeth fruit.
- For some reason, the wicked run to the false preachers. The false church down the road is packed out.
- Southeast Christian is packed. Why is that? The wicked desireth the net of evil men.
- All of Shelbyville would be packed if Kenneth Copeland came here.
- If Benny Hinn and his magical jacket was here, Shelbyville would be packed full. Why is that?
Proverbs Chapter 12 verse 12 tells us why. “The wicked desireth the net of evil men.”
- They love to be deceived. They love to watch evil men deceive others. It’s a show. It’s entertainment.
- They love the traps and the snares. But the righteous do not. I hate Kenneth Copeland.
- I hate Benny Hinn. I hate Southeast Christian Church with their false gospel that sends people to hell.
- Now, if Southeast Christian would change their mind and teach the true Gospel, I wouldn’t hate them.
- I would forgive them instantly if they would simply turn from their evil ways.
WAKE UP PEOPLE and stop being trapped and deceived by these evil and wicked men and women.
- Believe on the Jesus Christ of the Bible and you will have the root of the righteous who is Jesus Christ.
- And then you will yield good fruit IF you follow Jesus Christ. Jesus always yields good fruit.
 Proverbs 12:13 The wicked is snared by the transgression of his lips: but the just shall come out of trouble.
- The wicked with their lies are always caught. LIES come out of their mouth constantly.
- I had a so-called friend that I could never trust. He was always caught in his lies.
- You never knew when he was telling you the truth. His lies always came out, though.
- He ended up in prison later on in his life. He was one of the best liars you’ve ever seen.
But all of his lies caught up with him one day. He didn’t come out of trouble. He was trapped and caught.
- He constantly goes back to prison. “BUT THE JUST SHALL COME OUT OF TROUBLE.”
- God will always bring you out of trouble.
- Even in death, which is definitely trouble, God saves you IF you believe on Jesus Christ.
 Proverbs 12:14 A man shall be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth: and the recompence of a man’s hands shall be rendered unto him.
- When you do good, you will be rewarded with good. When you do evil, that evil will come back to you.
- The Bible tells us this over and over again.
 Proverbs 13:2 A man shall eat good by the fruit of his mouth: but the soul of the transgressors shall eat violence.
 Proverbs 18:20-21 A man’s belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled. 21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
- If you want to do good by following God, you will be rewarded for that good.
- If you want to do evil, you will be paid back with evil. Remember that when you think about doing evil.
- It’s coming back to you, and you don’t want any part of evil. You want good so do good.
 Proverbs 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.
- Listen to God and stop listening to everyone else. That’s why we have church here.
- If you need help or advice, come here and we’ll all help you with your problem.
- We’ll do this together with God’s words. We need to hearken unto God’s counsel.
- Don’t be a fool and do right in your own eyes. So many people think they know the right ways.
- But their ways are the opposite of God’s ways, and they aren’t good. They are fools.
- When you won’t follow God and His ways, you are being very foolish. It won’t end up good for you.
What Should You Do? The Bible Will Guide You And Direct You In The Right Ways.
For example, if a woman has a great career and she becomes pregnant, what should she do?
- She comes to you and asks for advice. “But if I quit my job, we’ll lose $150,000 per year.”
- “I’ll have to get rid of my BMW. I won’t be able to purchase all the shoes that I love.”
- “I might have to get clothes at the thrift shop. We won’t be able to eat at Ruth Chris steakhouse.”
- “We’ll have to downsize our 8,000 sq foot home that me and my husband were hardly ever together in.”
- “We won’t have 5 extra bathrooms for the maid to clean that are never dirty because no one is there to use them.”
“Oh no!!! What am I going to do?” You should quit your job. Simplify everything. Take care of your children.
- Teach your children at home. Love them. Guide them. Get a Bible. Read it every day. Pray every day.
- Seek after God first every single day. AND THEN you will be MUCH happier. That’s wisdom.
- That’s good advice. Be a virtuous woman. Don’t follow after the ways of this world.
- Don’t be right in your own eyes. Don’t be a fool. Instead, hearkeneth unto wise counsel from the Bible.
 Proverbs 12:16 A fool’s wrath is presently known: but a prudent man covereth shame.
- There are many fools out there that will have wrath against you because you love God.
- The sodomites are an example.
- You will know that they hate you because they are loud and proud of their wicked ways.
- A prudent or wise man covers shame. We know our sins are a shame. We don’t want to be proud of them.
- We want God to cover all our sins which are very shameful. I am ashamed of my sins greatly.
- I am not proud of them. I ask God to please forgive me of my sins.
 Proverbs 17:9 He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth very friends.
- When we do something wrong, we want to correct it and fix it.
- We don’t want to keep repeating the same sin. Stopping sin is loving.
 Proverbs 29:11 A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.
- Remember these things. Be slow to speak. Be slow to anger. Be very wise.
- For example, if you don’t know something, don’t speak until you know.
- Go home and study the Bible and then come back and help someone.
- Don’t attempt to help someone when you aren’t sure what God says.
 Proverbs 12:17 He that speaketh truth sheweth forth righteousness: but a false witness deceit.
- Don’t lie about God’s words because you don’t know them.
- So-called “pastors” are doing that everywhere today. They are false witnesses of God.
- They act like they know God and they will tell you what God says, but they’re lying about God.
- Instead, speak truth from God’s words. Know them. Speak them. They are life to all who hear.
 Proverbs 12:18 There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword: but the tongue of the wise is health.
- God’s word is sharp like a two-edged sword. But those who love God will love His words.
- His words aren’t grievous. His words won’t hurt us, and they will only help us.
- They are not going to slay us, but they will slay others.
- Now, the words of the evil are the opposite to us. Their evil words are like the piercings of a sword.
- They will try to kill us with their wicked words. But they can’t. But they might hurt. But that’s okay.
- “The tongue of the wise is health.” God’s words are healthy. They are filled with life.
- See the difference in God’s words and the words of the wicked. HIS WORDS ARE LIFE TO US.
 Proverbs 12:19 The lip of truth shall be established for ever: but a lying tongue is but for a moment.
- Don’t you want to learn and know the lip of truth? It will be established forever.
- TRUTH WILL BE ESTABLISHED FOREVER. God says so because He is a righteous God.
- But a lying tongue won’t last long. My old so-called friend’s lying tongue is but for a moment.
- He won’t be here long. When he’s gone, that lying tongue will be gone forever. It will be no more.
- But a truthful tongue who speaks God’s words will be established forever.
 Proverbs 12:20 Deceit is in the heart of them that imagine evil: but to the counsellers of peace is joy.
- I hope you’re seeing the contrast between good and evil as we go throughout Proverbs Chapter 12.
- Don’t imagine evil. Instead, go after God. Seek Him and you’ll forget about evil.
- Don’t sit around all day while you do nothing and imagine evil against everyone who is working.
- “Let’s figure out a way to take advantage of that man.” No, that’s evil.
- You’ll never be happy doing evil against everyone. But you can have joy and peace through Jesus.
- That’s what you want. JOY and PEACE is amazing. Evil is not. It’s no fun at all.
 Proverbs 12:21 There shall no evil happen to the just: but the wicked shall be filled with mischief.
- God will not repay you with evil since you won’t be doing evil to other people.
- Go will not throw you into hell once you’ve believed on the Son of God that He sent, Jesus Christ.
- If you stay away from evil, evil will stay away from you. REJECT EVIL.
- Don’t continue to support an evil and wicked church. Don’t send your kids to an evil false church.
- “But they have a great youth group and they get free field trips to great places.”
- REALLY? Is that really what’s important to you?
As a parent, do you understand what happens between youths that are left alone?
- I remember learning all types of things just from stories I heard from a church camp.
- I didn’t go to the camp but many others at our church did.
- I learned all kinds of wicked things from that summer church camp. Come on parents. Seriously?
- Nothing good happens when a false church has a bunch of youth group get togethers for all the kids.
- Church camps are some of the most evil and wicked places that you can send your children.
- Don’t expect good to come from wicked things. “THE WICKED SHALL BE FILLED WITH MISCHIEF.”
- Don’t leave your kids alone with a huge group of kids. Most likely, good will not result.
 Proverbs 12:22 Lying lips are abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly are his delight.
- Some people believe that lies are not a big deal. “LYING ISN’T THAT BAD.” That’s what they say.
- “Oh, a little white lie can benefit so many people.” No it can’t. Does God believe that lies aren’t a big deal?
- God HATES lies. He says right here: “Lying lips are an ABOMINATION to the Lord.”
- Lying lips are GREATLY HATED by the Lord.
When Southeast Christian teaches that you must be baptized in water to be saved, they are teaching a works based salvation.
- Those are called lying lips. GOD HATES LYING LIPS, and He especially hates when you lie about His words.
- The entire Bible preaches against a works based salvation. THE ENTIRE BIBLE.
- But they lie about His words. Do you think He approves of that church? OF COURSE NOT.
- “But they that deal truly are his delight.” He loves when you tell the truth. He hates when you lie.
 Proverbs 6:16-17 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: 17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
- He hates a lying tongue. So, is it a big deal to lie to someone no matter how big you think the lie is?
- YES, IT’S A HUGE DEAL TO GOD WHEN YOU LIE. You don’t want to lie. Speak the truth.
- Little lies turn to bigger lies which turn to bigger sins which turn to huge sins. You don’t want that.
 Psalm 5:6 Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.
 Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
- All liars will be thrown into hell. Is God serious about lies? YES HE IS.
 Revelation 22:14-15 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
- People who lie to others and love to make lies, will be without God. He says so.
- So don’t make light of lies. “Oh, it’s not that big of a deal. It was just a little lie.”
- Yeah, that kind of thinking comes from this world. LIES ARE A HUGE DEAL.
 Proverbs 12:23 A prudent man concealeth knowledge: but the heart of fools proclaimeth foolishness.
- A wise man is reading and studying the Bible and storing up all of God’s words inside.
- He writes all God’s words on the tables of His heart. He binds them around his neck.
- He’s taking everything in as he reads and studies the Bible and is storing up all of that knowledge.
- He’s concealing all of that knowledge and is waiting to use it as the time comes.
Don’t Spread Foolishness
But the fools do the opposite. They just take all the foolishness and spread it immediately.
- They hear some rumor and they don’t even check to see it it’s true before spreading it.
- THEY PROCLAIM FOOLISHNESS AND THEY ARE PROUD OF IT.
- “Oh that was a lie. Oh well. I spread it anyway. Not my fault.” Yes it is your fault.
- “You’re a fool,” the Bible says. Stop proclaiming lies. God hates lies. God hates foolishness.
- Instead, take up the truth and store it up inside. Write the truth deep within your soul.
- Forget the lies. Don’t spread lies. Let’s spread truth from the Bible and forget everything else.
 Proverbs 12:24 The hand of the diligent shall bear rule: but the slothful shall be under tribute.
- God doesn’t like slothful people at all. Are you slow at doing something? If so, you will be under tribute.
- THE HAND OF THE DILIGENT SHALL BEAR RULE. Wicked people will outwork you.
- The sodomites will outwork you. That’s why they’re winning in this evil and wicked world.
- Satan will outwork you. He’s ruling in this world. He’s not my ruler but he is ruling the wicked world.
- He uses the slothful to his advantage too. He deceives them easily. Slothful people are easily deceived.
God needs you to work for Him. Don’t you want to win some battles out here in this world for God?
- If so, we’ve got to work hard. We don’t sit back and rest. We have to keep working hard.
- We MUST get the Gospel out to as many people as we can. We must keep spreading the truth.
- Because Satan isn’t going to stop working until he’s finally thrown into hell and into the lake of fire.
- Will you let all of the evil outwork you? Or, are we going to work hard for God?
- Are we going to put up a fight or not? I WANT TO FIGHT FOR GOD. Let’s get to it. Or, will you be a sloth?
 Proverbs 10:4 He becometh poor that dealeth with a slack hand: but the hand of the diligent maketh rich.
 Proverbs 13:4 The soul of the sluggard desireth, and hath nothing: but the soul of the diligent shall be made fat.
- Don’t you want your soul to be made plentiful and flourishing? That’s what God can do for you.
- But He won’t if you’re a sluggard and a sloth. He won’t help you if you won’t get to work for Him.
 Proverbs 12:25 Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad.
- Do you know what helps a heavy heart? Do you know what helps a grieving heart?
- A good word will always help. And a good word is the word of God.
- The word of God can lift that stooping heart right up. The word of God can save your soul from death.
- The thief on the cross next to Jesus was saved in a moment when he believed on Jesus Christ.
- The heaviness in his heart was turned into gladness when Jesus told him that he would be in paradise with him.
- There’s nothing better than that. All the heaviness in your heart can be corrected with a good word.
- A GOOD WORD MAKETH IT GLAD and there are no better words than the words within the Bible.
 Proverbs 12:26 The righteous is more excellent than his neighbour: but the way of the wicked seduceth them.
- Wicked neighbors will always seduce you to do evil. They will seduce your children to do evil.
- You need to watch out and be careful. The righteous is more excellent than his neighbor.
- And of course, there are none righteous on their own.
- Only Jesus Christ can make you righteous through faith in Him.
Then you can be more excellent in God’s eyes. God loves the righteous. He loves excellency.
- Don’t seduce people to do evil. Don’t seduce children to do wrong. It’s sickening.
- I’ve seen it too many times in my life.
- Growing up as a young man the older men would attempt to get me to do evil.
- Was that fun for them? Yeah it was because they were wicked old men.
- The wicked will always entice others to do wrong. They love when someone else does evil.
- So listen up children. Don’t ever let someone talk you into doing something wrong.
- You stand up against them and you tell them NO. You let them know whose running your life.
- You let them know that you will follow God and you will not allow them to talk you into doing evil.
 Proverbs 12:27 The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man is precious.
- The slothful man is too last to roast that which he took in hunting. He’ll let it rot before he cooks it.
- Why? Because he’s too lazy.
- People who are given brand new homes for free on TV will allow the homes to just rot.
- They won’t take care of anything. NEWS FLASH. Homes require maintenance or they will rot.
- Don’t be too lazy to take care of your home. YOU LIVE THERE. Take care of it.
- “The substance of a diligent man is precious.” This is the opposite of a slothful and lazy sluggard.
Be Diligent In The Ways Of God
A diligent man is steady in application to business. A diligent man gives a constant effort and doesn’t stop or quit.
- A slothful man might start something and never finishes it. A lazy sluggard is not diligent and steady.
- You want to be known as diligent and not slothful.
- You especially want to be known as a diligent Christian throughout your life.
- You want to be a Christian who NEVER stops working for God. YOU WILL BE PRECIOUS TO GOD.
- And that’s exactly what you want to be. For example, Daniel was precious to God.
- And God rewarded him with a book of the Bible and showed him things of the future.
- Even if you have little in this life, you’ll have great treasures in heaven.
 Proverbs 15:16 Better is little with the fear of the LORD than great treasure and trouble therewith.
 Proverbs 16:8 Better is a little with righteousness than great revenues without right.
 Psalm 37:16 A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked.
- Simply follow God in this life and don’t worry about all the riches of this world.
- Jesus didn’t have a place to lay his head. You don’t need much in this life.
- Food and clothing. God says be content with your food and clothing and work for Him.
- He will take care of you. You have NOTHING to worry about.
- Let’s move to the very last verse in Proverbs Chapter 12.
 Proverbs 12:28 In the way of righteousness is life; and in the pathway thereof there is no death.
- Doesn’t that sound great to you? There is no death in THE WAY of righteousness.
- Jesus Christ is THE WAY. You might be confused in your life: “WHICH WAY DO I GO?”
- “What do I do next?” The answer is very simple. Jesus Christ is the way to go.
- Get yourself a Bible, read it, study it, and find the way. The right way is within the word of God.
- And why would you want to go the right way?
- “And in the pathway of righteousness there is life and NO DEATH.”
- If you simply change your mind and believe on Jesus Christ, your soul will never die.
So, look, always choose the right paths and forsake the ways of the wicked.
- Choose righteousness over wickedness, and you will never go wrong.
- God never promises that we won’t have trouble in this life. We will have troubles.
- But He’s there with us. You can know that 100% for sure. Always follow after Him, and He’s there.
- He will never leave you nor forsake you. So you should be happy for that reason alone.
- Always CHOOSE life over death. Don’t make bad decisions in your life. Don’t quit on God.
- Keep moving forward on the right paths with God.