- Sermon Slides for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 13: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 13: PDF
- Audio MP3 for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 13:
- Video MP4 for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 13:
 The title of the sermon today is “PROVERBS CHAPTER 13.”
Let’s Start In Verse 1 of Proverbs Chapter 13
- Let’s keep going today with our Book of Proverbs verse by verse Bible study.
- Let’s start there in Proverbs Chapter 13 verse 1.
 Proverbs 13:1 A wise son heareth his father’s instruction: but a scorner heareth not rebuke.
- As we continue in this chapter of Proverbs we’re going to continue to see good versus evil.
- God is giving us instruction here in every one of these Scriptures.
- Are we going to hear our Father’s instruction? Or, will we ignore all of this today?
- I want to hear my heavenly Father’s instruction.
- I want to learn from Him because I realize He is far greater than I and knows much more than I do.
- “A wise son heareth his father’s instruction.” Children need to listen to their father’s instruction.
Did you know some children never have an earthly father who teaches them anything?
- That’s evil and that’s wicked. And it’s very sad for those children. And yes, that’s the father’s fault.
- If we’re able to get those children saved, they will have a Father in heaven who won’t forget about them.
- God will teach them and instruct them if they seek after God. He will not leave them nor forsake them.
- This is why it’s so important for children to be saved at a young age. They will never be alone.
- They may feel alone throughout their life when they don’t have God.
- BUT WITH GOD, they will never be alone. God will be with them just as He promises His children.
If you want to be wise, you first must be saved through Jesus Christ the Son of God.
- And then you need to get your King James Bible out, study it, read it, and walk with God.
- Hear God’s instructions to you within the Bible, and do them. Then you will be wise.
- And remember, there is nothing better than wisdom from God.
- “But a scorner heareth not rebuke.” A scorner is one who mocks instruction. A scorner despises God.
- A scorner believes they don’t need to learn anything. They will not hear rebuke.
- And what do scorners do? They go down a very bad path and evil finds them from every direction.
According to the Merriam Webster thesaurus:
- The opposite of being wise is dense, dull, woodenheaded, brainless, dumb, feebleminded, foolish.
- Idiotic, imbecile, knuckleheaded, moronic, silly, simple, slow, slow-witted, stupid, thoughtless.
- You don’t want to be those things, right? So, what do you need to do? Listen to God. Be wise. Hear Him.
 Proverbs 4:2 For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law.
- God will always give you GOOD doctrine. He will not lie to you so listen to Him.
- He will not give you bad doctrine or false doctrine or false teaching. He will teach you all things.
- He will show you the truth in His words. So, please, don’t forget His words. Don’t forget His law.
- Each day that you awake, please, do not forget God. Get out your Bible and read.
- When you don’t feel like it, do it anyway. Don’t you want good things from God?
 Proverbs 4:20-22 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. 21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. 22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.
- Are you having troubles? Are you sick? Do you not feel good? God’s words will fix that for you.
- If there’s anything that will help you, I guarantee to you that it’s God’s words.
- Understand the power within His words. His words are spirit and they are life. Love His words.
- Seek after His words each and every day. They are life unto those that find them.
- His words are HEALTH to all their flesh. Understand all of these things today.
 Proverbs 13:2 A man shall eat good by the fruit of his mouth: but the soul of the transgressors shall eat violence.
- What do you think is the fruit of your mouth? What’s coming out of your mouth?
- Is it good? Is it from the word of God? Are you spreading truth and good throughout this world?
- Or, are you going against God’s word? Going against God’s word is doing violence against good.
- God’s word is good. If you do what He says, you’re doing good. If not, you’re doing violence.
The soul of the transgressors or one who breaks God’s law shall EAT VIOLENCE.
- You won’t receive good if you won’t do good. And doing good is doing what God says to do.
- If you preach the Gospel to others, good words are coming out of your mouth.
- Good will come back to you. You shall eat good by the fruit of your mouth.
- Why wouldn’t you want to eat good?
 Proverbs 12:14 A man shall be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth: and the recompence of a man’s hands shall be rendered unto him.
- Again, if you do right, you’ll get good from God. If you do bad, you’ll receive evil from God.
 Proverbs 18:20 A man’s belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.
- Increase the word of God in your life by constantly reading and studying God’s word.
- When you do these things, more of the word of God will come out of your mouth.
- You’ll want to share what you’ve learned with others.
- The people who want good will love to hear from you. The evil ones won’t want to hear it.
- And then you’ll know who loves God and who doesn’t love God.
- And the evil ones will depart from you because they won’t want to hear about God at all.
- When we speak good things, we shall eat good. And that’s what we want.
 Proverbs 1:29-31 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD: 30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof. 31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
- This is what we don’t want. When God rejects one of these people, they are filled with wickedness.
- They are filled with their own devices. You don’t want to be filled with your own evil desires.
- Much of the world today wants that, but it won’t turn out good because God has given up on them.
 Psalm 75:8 For in the hand of the LORD there is a cup, and the wine is red; it is full of mixture; and he poureth out of the same: but the dregs thereof, all the wicked of the earth shall wring them out, and drink them.
- God pours out the good wine to the people who do good according to His words.
- But the wicked will drink of the dregs or the worthless matter. The wicked are worthless to God.
 Revelation 16:6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.
- The wicked will be filled with their wickedness. In the end, they won’t have water to drink.
- The water is turned to blood and they must drink of the blood.
- They will be filled with blood because they shed the blood of God’s people.
- If you want to do bad, God will fill you with bad. You will be filled with your own devices.
- Let’s continue in Proverbs Chapter 13 verse 3.
 Proverbs 13:3 He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life: but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction.
- We are to “KEEP” our mouth or hold our mouth. Preserve or retain our mouth. Restrain our mouth.
- That’s what this means. You can keep life by restraining your tongue.
- Or, you can open that mouth wide, let everything out, and you shall have destruction.
 Proverbs 10:19 In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise.
- Now, look, this doesn’t mean refraining from speaking the word of God.
- You need to speak the word of God. Don’t refrain from telling the truth.
- But don’t go off on all of these others things because you’re most likely spreading lies.
 Proverbs 21:23 Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.
 Psalm 39:1 To the chief Musician, even to Jeduthun, A Psalm of David. I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me.
 Matthew 12:36-37 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
- What you speak is very important so we don’t need any idle words. Idle words are worthless and vain.
- God’s words are not worthless and vain so you can speak those any time you want.
- But you need to make sure you get them right. Don’t preach false doctrine to others. Preach truth.
- The more idle words you speak, the more you will be condemned. So stop speaking idle words.
- KEEP YOUR MOUTH. The Bible teaches this throughout and many people forget these things.
 James 3:5-6 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth! 6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
 James 3:7-9 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind: 8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. 9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
- I hope you see how powerful your tongue can be. It can do good or evil. KEEP YOUR MOUTH.
- The Bible is very strong right there.
- With our mouth we curse men, which are made after the similitude of God.
- Is that what you want to do? No, you don’t want to do anything like that.
- Now, listen, don’t take this too far either. If a false preacher is lying, you need to say something.
- The Bible commands you to do these things. Always stand up for God. Speak truth always.
- But don’t speak idle words. Don’t argue over vain things. Don’t curse people over worthless things.
 Proverbs 13:4 The soul of the sluggard desireth, and hath nothing: but the soul of the diligent shall be made fat.
- The word fat has different definitions. One of those is abounding, rich, affluent, nourishing.
- You want your soul to be made fat. That is a very good thing. You want your soul to be rich.
- If you want that, you need to be diligent in the word of God. You need to be steady and never wavering.
- You need constant work in the word of God. You need to constantly get the word of God out too.
- It’s not just working to take it all in. You must also get it out and teach others.
- You can start with your family. Your children. Your parents. Practice, practice, practice.
- Then move on to strangers. Preach the Gospel. Your soul will be made fat.
Sluggards Want And Desire Everything But Have Nothing Because Of Laziness
But the soul of the sluggard will want and desire everything but will have nothing.
- If you won’t work, you won’t eat and you’ll never be fat. You’ll be starving.
- This applies to your soul. Do you want a starving soul when you get to heaven? No, you don’t.
- When you arrive in heaven, you want a soul that is fat, rich, abounding, and affluent.
- How do you get that? You put in the work for God. You work for God, and you don’t stop.
 Proverbs 13:5 A righteous man hateth lying: but a wicked man is loathsome, and cometh to shame.
- A wicked man will lie to you. A righteous man HATES that lying. Do you like to be lied to?
- Some people do. The government admits constantly that they’ve lied to us. Constantly.
- They think they know better than us and that we can’t handle the truth like infants.
- Lying is never good. We shouldn’t elect liars. It seems that we’ll vote even more for the liars.
- Liars are wicked. They are loathsome or disgusting, hateful, and detestable. They will come to shame.
- They may be high and mighty here on this earth, but eventually, they will be brought to shame.
 Proverbs 13:6 Righteousness keepeth him that is upright in the way: but wickedness overthroweth the sinner.
- The righteousness of Jesus Christ keeps you UPRIGHT in THE WAY. Jesus is the way.
- If you want to stay upright, then you walk in the ways of Jesus Christ.
- If you get away from the ways of God, you sin and wickedness will overthrow you.
 Proverbs 11:3-6 The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them. 4 Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from death. 5 The righteousness of the perfect shall direct his way: but the wicked shall fall by his own wickedness. 6 The righteousness of the upright shall deliver them: but transgressors shall be taken in their own naughtiness.
 Psalm 15:1-2 LORD, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill? 2 He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart.
- God wants us walking uprightly in HIS WAYS, working righteousness, and speaking the truth at all times.
 Psalm 26:1 Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide.
- If you trust in the Lord at all times, you will walk in integrity and you will not slide or fall.
 Proverbs 13:7 There is that maketh himself rich, yet hath nothing: there is that maketh himself poor, yet hath great riches.
- You can make yourself truly rich with spiritual things and have no physical possessions on this earth.
- Or, you can make yourself wealthy and rich on this earth and have no spiritual riches at all.
- You can make yourself poor in this world and yet have great riches in heaven.
- Or, you can make yourself rich in this life and have nothing in heaven.
- Many people constantly strive to be rich in this life but don’t even care about going to heaven at all.
In your life, will you stop worrying about being rich in earthly riches and put some work in for God instead?
- For example, will you follow the ways of God even though they aren’t best for your bank account?
- Will you, as a Godly woman, stay at home and take care of your own children?
- Will you, as a Godly man, lead your wife and command her to stay home with your children?
- Or, will you go after money and riches and forget about your children? You will come out of that poor.
- But, follow the ways of the Lord, and you will come out that way very RICH spiritually.
Will you take the time to read the Bible every day multiple times per day, or would you rather make more money?
- Will you take the time to sit down with your family and read the Bible or make more money?
- This is up to you. Would you rather be rich in heaven or rich here on earth? Choose heaven every time.
 Luke 18:11-12 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. 12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
 Luke 18:13-14 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
- So many people put on a show here on this earth and they have nothing.
- Many of the richest people who have ever lived and have died with nothing.
- When I die, I will have riches in heaven waiting for me. SPIRITUAL RICHES.
- I will have a mansion in heaven. I won’t die with nothing and go to hell with nothing.
- We don’t exalt ourselves. We exalt our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. And then He will reward us in heaven.
For example, I will guarantee you that many people won’t come to church here because we don’t have a new and fancy church building.
- Well, guess what? I don’t want those people here. I’m glad they don’t come. Saves me trouble.
- We don’t need a new and fancy church building. We don’t need a building fund.
- We don’t need all of these things. Our church is in the people and not in the building.
- Our riches lie within the saved people who are here right now. God lives within them.
- And we don’t need anything else but God Almighty.
 Revelation 3:16-17 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. 17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
- We know that we need Jesus Christ here. We don’t boast about our riches and act like we don’t need Him.
- We will not be lukewarm here. We will not be this way. We need Jesus Christ all the time here.
- And what else do we need? NOTHING. We want Him to stick with us at all times.
- And we know that happens when we follow His words.
 Proverbs 13:8 The ransom of a man’s life are his riches: but the poor heareth not rebuke.
- Think of a rich man on earth. He can buy his way out of many things with his riches.
- A saved man is spiritually rich because he is saved by the blood of Jesus Christ alone.
- The spiritually rich man’s life is saved by his spiritual riches.
- These Scriptures apply both ways: physically and spiritually.
A poor man on this earth is left alone because he doesn’t have great riches.
- A spiritually poor man is not reproved and rebuked by God. He heareth not rebuke.
- God leaves the spiritually poor man alone. He doesn’t chasten that man.
- God chastens the ones that are His and the ones that He loves. His children are rebuked.
- When reading the Bible, don’t just think about the physical but the spiritual side too.
Understand that God doesn’t accept anything for everlasting life but the sacrifice of His Son Jesus Christ.
- This is the only payment God will accept for you to receive everlasting life.
- And you don’t add anything else to that payment of Jesus Christ.
- If you go to God and say, “God, here’s my payment of water baptism, going to church, and repenting of all my sin,” God won’t accept that payment as a ransom for your life.
- God ONLY accepts His Son Jesus Christ and His sacrifice as the payment for all your sins.
- If you try to add anything else, the payment for your sins will not be accepted. It’s Jesus Christ alone.
 Proverbs 13:9 The light of the righteous rejoiceth: but the lamp of the wicked shall be put out.
- You will always REJOICE in good. This world will teach you that evil is good.
- The world wants you to rejoice in evil with them. They love to do evil and enjoy doing wicked things.
- But they won’t be rejoicing in their evil and wicked ways for very long.
- In the end, we’ll all cheer and shout as we watch all the evil being thrown into hell for good.
- The lamp of the wicked shall be put out. The light of the righteous will rejoice in victory.
 Proverbs 4:18-19 But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day. 19 The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.
- With what you’re learning in the Book of Proverbs, do you want to be joined with the wicked?
- No way. But the world leads you into wickedness. God will not. The Bible will not. A good church will not.
 Proverbs 13:10 Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.
- Contention is strife and struggling. “Only by pride cometh contention.”
- Who created all things? GOD created all things. God sets all the rules. He is in charge.
- But most people don’t like that. So, what do they do?
- They create the contention and struggle against God. They go up against God and hate His words.
- They don’t want to hear His words, His ways, His rules, His laws, His commands.
- They don’t want to acknowledge God as the RULER AND KING over all.
- But He is, and they will never change that.
The False Preacher Creates The Strife And Contention
When a false preacher teaches lies in church about salvation and you let them know about it, what happens?
- They will accuse you of creating strife and contention in the church. But who is creating the contention?
- The false preacher creates that struggle and strife against God and His truth. Not you.
- God wants you to stand up for the truth. God knows you aren’t the one creating the problems.
God already has that false preacher marked down. HE KNOWS. He sees everything. Stand up for God.
- Don’t allow a lying false preacher to act as if you’re the one causing the problems.
- Where does this contention come from? This contention comes through their VERY OWN PRIDE.
- False preachers are very proud people. You’ll see this if you simply watch them and listen to them.
- How about an example of a prideful people that went up against God’s chosen leader?
- When you stand up for God against a people filled with pride, God will be there with you.
 Judges 12:1-2 And the men of Ephraim gathered themselves together, and went northward, and said unto Jephthah, Wherefore passedst thou over to fight against the children of Ammon, and didst not call us to go with thee? we will burn thine house upon thee with fire. 2 And Jephthah said unto them, I and my people were at great strife with the children of Ammon; and when I called you, ye delivered me not out of their hands.
- When someone is going up against a prideful false preacher, who will you help?
- Will you stand up for God too? Or, do you leave them on their own? Jephthah was God’s chosen leader.
- The children of Ephraim come up against him with their pride and arrogance.
- “You didn’t call us to go with you, Jephthah? We will burn your house with fire.”
- Jephthah says, “I called you, but you didn’t deliver me out of their hands.”
What do you think is going to happen here? They are threatening God’s chosen leader right here.
- They are very proud and arrogant. Jephthah was doing what God asked him to do.
- He was not being proud and arrogant. Let’s see what happens.
 Judges 12:3 And when I saw that ye delivered me not, I put my life in my hands, and passed over against the children of Ammon, and the LORD delivered them into my hand: wherefore then are ye come up unto me this day, to fight against me?
- Jephthah says, “You wouldn’t help me. I put my life in my hands. I went against them on my own.”
- “And the Lord delivered them into my hand.” Jephthah clearly says, “GOD DID THAT FOR ME.”
- “And you want to come up against me this day to fight me? After God just did that for me?”
- Jephthah says, “Okay, if you want a fight, let’s fight.” I LOVE JEPHTHAH. He isn’t scared.
- Will you be like Jephthah against all these evil and wicked false preachers in this world?
- Or will you just them all run right over you? Stop listening to the lies and supporting the lies.
 Judges 12:4-5 Then Jephthah gathered together all the men of Gilead, and fought with Ephraim: and the men of Gilead smote Ephraim, because they said, Ye Gileadites are fugitives of Ephraim among the Ephraimites, and among the Manassites. 5 And the Gileadites took the passages of Jordan before the Ephraimites: and it was so, that when those Ephraimites which were escaped said, Let me go over; that the men of Gilead said unto him, Art thou an Ephraimite? If he said, Nay;
 Judges 12:6 Then said they unto him, Say now Shibboleth: and he said Sibboleth: for he could not frame to pronounce it right. Then they took him, and slew him at the passages of Jordan: and there fell at that time of the Ephraimites forty and two thousand.
- 42,000 from the tribe of Ephraim lost their life because of their pride and arrogancy.
- You don’t want to be like that. “Only by pride cometh contention.”
- False preachers create the contention and strife. But with the WELL ADVISED is wisdom.
- How do you become well advised? You simply listen to God and His words. That’s where you get wisdom.
 Proverbs 13:11 Wealth gotten by vanity shall be diminished: but he that gathereth by labour shall increase.
- Some people don’t work a day for what they have. They don’t appreciate anything they have.
- They squander it all away. They waste it. They abuse it. They could care less about it.
- When someone asks for money and gets it for doing nothing, what happens? It is diminished.
- When you work hard for something and someone else takes it from you, they diminish it.
- They don’t cherish it because they didn’t do the work for it.
- But, when you put very hard work into something, you appreciate what you worked so hard for.
Let’s talk about rewards in heaven. Does God give you rewards in heaven for doing nothing? What do you think?
- The gift of God is eternal life. He gives us a gift by simply changing our mind and believing on Jesus Christ.
- But does God tell us that He’s going to give us eternal rewards in heaven for doing nothing?
- No, He doesn’t. He wants us to work hard for Him. “He that gathereth by labour shall increase.”
- Hey, I want to increase for God so I’m going to put the work in. How about you?
- God isn’t lying to you right here. He that gathereth by labor shall increase. Let’s do that.
 Proverbs 13:12 Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life.
- When you’re hoping for something to happen soon, and it doesn’t, it makes your heart sick.
- Your birthday party is canceled. “Oh, I can’t wait for my birthday party.”
- “I am hoping to have a great birthday party.” And then it doesn’t happen. It makes your heart sick.
- But when that desire finally comes, what happens? Your party gets re-scheduled.
- LIFE SPRINGS BACK INTO YOU. You wake up, and you’re so happy that the day finally came.
We hope and wait for God. We know His second coming isn’t going to be canceled like that birthday party.
- I know that the Scriptures CANNOT BE BROKEN. I know Jesus Christ is coming back for us one day.
- He’s coming back to take us to our actual home. This is not our home.
- When that day finally comes, it’s going to be the best day ever. Much better than a birthday party.
 Psalm 69:1-3 Save me, O God; for the waters are come in unto my soul. 2 I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing: I am come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me. 3 I am weary of my crying: my throat is dried: mine eyes fail while I wait for my God.
- When we have great trouble, understand that Jesus Christ has already been through more than you.
- We will have troubles in this life, but we have HOPE in Jesus Christ. He had great troubles.
- But look where He is now. Always remember that. He is coming back. Have hope in that.
- “Mine eyes fail while I wait for God.” Don’t ever give up hope on God. He is coming back.
- God is a tree of life. He has saved you, given you everlasting life, and He will be back for you.
 Proverbs 13:13 Whoso despiseth the word shall be destroyed: but he that feareth the commandment shall be rewarded.
- Do you love God’s words, or do you like to minimize, skip over, and delete some of His words?
- Do you like to pick and choose what you want to hear and despise all the others?
- If so, this warning today is for you. “Whoso despiseth the word shall be destroyed.”
False preachers, do you hear that? I’ve seen plenty of false preachers who hate God’s word.
- They only want to choose what benefits them. They love Scriptures that help them to gain money.
- They’ll have their reward. God has something special in store for them.
- “But he that feareth the commandment, shall be rewarded.” Fear God and keep His commandments.
- God says clearly right there: “You shall be rewarded.” Don’t ignore this.
- God will reward you for keeping His words.
 Proverbs 13:14 The law of the wise is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
- Over and over again God commands us to simply follow His laws. God says, “DO WHAT I SAY.”
- If we would simply do this, we would find life and more of it. The law of the wise is a fountain of life.
- I remember cartoons from my youth. They were always searching for the fountain of life.
- Well, you’ve found it with the Bible. All of God’s laws are a fountain of life.
- Following His laws = no sin. Less sin in your life = more life. Sin = snares of death.
- Following the laws of God = departing from the snares or traps of death. Do you want to die? No.
- Do you want to live? Yes. Then follow God’s rules for you. He wrote them all in this Bible.
 Proverbs 13:15 Good understanding giveth favour: but the way of transgressors is hard.
- Good understanding gives favor among good men. Wicked men don’t want understanding.
- Transgressors have a difficult path because they understand nothing.
- One day they will find themselves in hell, and they’ll realize they knew nothing.
- They’ll realize they should have listened to someone with good understanding.
- When you showed up to their door giving them the Gospel, they should have listened.
 Proverbs 4:19 The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.
- The wicked have a very difficult path. They stumble and don’t know why. No understanding at all.
- The wicked might make your way difficult now. You know that’s going to happen, though.
- The Bible warns us about these things. This wicked world will give us problems.
- With God, though, He gives us favor when we seek His wisdom and knowledge.
- And He’s the one who matters.
 Proverbs 13:16 Every prudent man dealeth with knowledge: but a fool layeth open his folly.
- A prudent man deals with knowledge. What does this mean?
- You can’t be prudent without knowing God’s words. A prudent man is wise in his ways and intelligent.
- Here’s an example of a PRUDENT MAN within the Bible.
 1 Samuel 16:18 Then answered one of the servants, and said, Behold, I have seen a son of Jesse the Beth-lehemite, that is cunning in playing, and a mighty valiant man, and a man of war, and prudent in matters, and a comely person, and the LORD is with him.
- King David was prudent in matters. He was a man after the Lord’s own heart.
- He was a prudent and wise man. He wasn’t perfect, though, because there are none perfect but God.
- A prudent man wouldn’t reject God and His ways. But a fool would.
The fool hath said in his heart, “There is no God.” These people are proud of their ways.
- They will scream it out loud: “THERE IS NO GOD.” A fool layeth open his folly.
- Some people are so foolish that they won’t listen to the truth in God’s words.
- Many of them will profess to know God, but they don’t know His words at all. They are fools.
- And you’ll know them when you speak with them. “I’m Catholic. I don’t need to hear God’s words.”
- So, your false religion is so great that you don’t need God’s words? WOW is all I can say.
 Proverbs 13:17 A wicked messenger falleth into mischief: but a faithful ambassador is health.
- Wickedness leads to mischief and horrible things like death.
- One who is a faithful messenger brings health. Think about that.
- Let’s say you had an important message that you need delivered to the right person.
A Wicked Or Faithful Messenger? Which One Would You Want?
Do you want a wicked messenger, or a faithful ambassador who would represent your message perfectly?
- The wicked messenger probably wouldn’t even make it to the right person. Why?
- Because they would find something else that was more important to them.
- They care less about your message. They find something else that benefits them more.
What do you think false preachers are doing to God’s message that He has for people?
- They are wicked messengers. They fall into mischief.
- They fall into building huge “church” buildings with basketball courts.
- “We need a building fund so we can build huge buildings with basketball courts.”
- “Basketball courts will help us win people to Jesus Christ.” Did I miss that in the Bible?
- “THOU SHALT BUILD BASKETBALL COURTS BECAUSE A STUPID GAME WILL WIN PEOPLE TO CHRIST.”
- No, the true Gospel wins people to Christ but the wicked messenger doesn’t care.
- They are building their own little empire on earth that benefits them. They fall into mischief.
- Will you be a faithful messenger for God? He’s looking for them. Will you be one of them?
 Proverbs 25:13 As the cold of snow in the time of harvest, so is a faithful messenger to them that send him: for he refresheth the soul of his masters.
- A faithful messenger is refreshing. A good employee is refreshing. You don’t have to worry about them.
- You know that they’re doing what they are supposed to be doing. Will you be that for God?
 Proverbs 13:18 Poverty and shame shall be to him that refuseth instruction: but he that regardeth reproof shall be honoured.
- Do you want God to teach you or not? If you refuse the instruction of God, poverty and shame comes.
- Keep on refusing the instruction of God and God might just reject you for good in this life.
- And when God gives you over to all YOUR DESIRES, nothing good will be left for you. Poverty and shame.
- Poverty is destitute and barren. Is that what you want? I sure don’t.
- But that’s what you’ll get if you continue to reject God.
Instead, try the opposite. “He that regardeth reproof or instruction from God shall be honored.”
- There are some people who think they know more than God.
- There are churches around here everywhere right now who think they know better than God.
- They think they are going to instruct God Almighty. “God, you shouldn’t throw people into hell.”
- Some even go as far to say, “My god doesn’t throw people into hell.” This means they have a false god.
- They think their false god is more righteous in their corrupt little minds than “THE” ALMIGHTY GOD.
- Poverty and shame is coming to these people. WAKE UP PEOPLE. Don’t let this go too far.
 Proverbs 13:19 The desire accomplished is sweet to the soul: but it is abomination to fools to depart from evil.
- When you get something good that you have desired, it is sweet to the soul.
- But let’s think about fools for a second. Fools don’t want truly good things. They get things mixed up.
- They think evil is good and good is evil. For example, fools believe that sodomites are good.
“Well, they’re good people. They aren’t hurting anyone.” Hey, fools, are you serious?
- They are hurting each other. They are abusing themselves. GOD SAYS SO. Over and over again.
- Are you so foolish to believe that you know better than God?
- Instead of listening to God and knowing He speaks the truth, they would rather fight against Him.
- “It is abomination to fools to depart from evil.”
- God says that sodomites are filled with all unrighteousness. But you say, “Oh no, they are good.”
Do you see this? This is so foolish to disagree with good. Gid is good, but you disagree with Him?
- What does that make you? NOT GOOD. This makes you a fool to argue with God.
- For a fool, it is abominable to depart from this evil.
- This country is so fooled with the deception of the sodomites. Don’t be fooled.
- God’s elect will not be deceived. God’s elect will listen to His words and follow HIS WORDS.
- We trust His voice. We know His voice. His sheep follow HIS VOICE. Not the voice of this wicked world.
 Proverbs 13:20 He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.
- Hey, look, I want to walk with wise men. I want to be wise. I want to walk with Jesus Christ.
- I want to walk with all of you together with Jesus Christ. Let’s do that. Let’s forget everything else.
- Do you want to be wise? Do you want to have and know all the answers in this life? I do.
- Do you want to go into eternal life with the word of God written on the tables of your heart?
Do you want God to say this? “I know him. I know her. They have my words written on their heart.”
- Do you want to be useful to God or worthless to God? Do you want to please your Creator or not?
- We want God to take us and use us how He needs. Whatever you need God, use us for this.
- We’re here for you, God. We aren’t here for ourselves. We give ourselves over to you, God.
Let’s walk with wise men. Let’s walk with Jesus Christ. Let’s walk with Solomon.
- Let’s walk with Moses, Abraham, Sarah, David, Zachary, Elisabeth, Mary, Paul. Let’s walk with them.
- Let’s not walk against them. Let’s not be a companion of fools.
- I don’t want to be around people who hate God. I don’t want to be around drugs.
- I don’t want to be around alcohol. I don’t want to be around fools. I don’t want to be destroyed.
“A companion of fools shall be destroyed.” Make sure you see that right there.
- I’ve seen people in my own life DESTROYED because of the people they were around all the time.
- I’ve seen my grandfather destroyed because he chose to have all of the God haters around him.
- He chose to be around all the leaches who leached off of him and wanted everything he had.
- They destroyed him. This is why God tells you to stay away from those people.
Hey, listen, if you hate God, I won’t be around you. If you’re a false preacher, I won’t be around you.
- If you’re in a false religion, I won’t be your companion and your friend.
- Now, if you want to change your mind about Jesus Christ and believe on Him, then I’ll be around.
- But, if not, you won’t find me being your friend. And you might say, “Good.” And I say the same.
- Your foolish ways aren’t going to destroy me, my children, and my family.
 Genesis 18:19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
- That’s what I’m going to be like. If you don’t like that, you can head on the path towards hell.
- You’re going to stumble and fall. Or, you can come this way with me and forsake all the other ways.
- I’m not going towards destruction. I’m going to follow the path of Jesus Christ. You can come or not.
- Make sure you understand not to be a companion of fools who hate God or worship a false god.
- God’s warning you in Proverbs Chapter 13 right now. Don’t do these things. Stay away from fools.
 Proverbs 13:21 Evil pursueth sinners: but to the righteous good shall be repayed.
- When you sin, you’ve allowed evil into your life. So, stop sinning. Do your best. Stick with God.
- No, you won’t be perfect BUT you can do much better. Walk in the Spirit and not the flesh.
- Choose God in every decision you make. If not, evil will pursue you. Death will come for you.
- Make righteous choices and good will be repayed. God says so.
- Again, God will repay you for the good you do.
 1 Corinthians 3:11-13 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13 Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is.
- When you go to heaven, your work will be made manifest or shown clearly.
- You build upon the foundation of Jesus Christ through the good works that you do.
- Let’s say you win someone to Jesus Christ. This might be gold.
- Let’s say you teach a saved person something important. This might be silver.
- Your works will be passed through a fire. That fire will try all of your works.
 1 Corinthians 3:14 If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
- If your works are good, such as gold, silver, and precious stones, they will pass through that fire.
- When they pass through, you will receive a reward in heaven. GOOD WILL BE REPAYED.
 1 Corinthians 3:15 If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
- The works you do that aren’t good will be burned in the fire. You will suffer loss but you will be saved.
- This is why we need to get to the good works. Do you want to feed the homeless or win a soul to Jesus?
- Do you want wood, hay, and stubble OR do you want gold, silver, and precious stones?
- He that winneth souls is wise. Don’t go after other things that aren’t important.
- There’s nothing more important than winning souls to Jesus Christ. This will lead to rewards.
 Proverbs 13:22 A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children’s children: and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just.
- Will you be a good man? Will you pass on everlasting life to your children and their children too?
- I’m going to make sure my children have everlasting life.
- I’m going to make sure their children have everlasting life. From a child, I will teach them.
- If my daughters don’t teach their children about God, I will find them. I will search for them.
- I will do my best to leave an inheritance to my children and their children.
Leave The Best Inheritance To Your Children’s Children
All of us need to do these things. Have your grandchildren over and make sure they understand.
- Make sure they know how to be saved. Make it a priority in your life. As a child, teach them.
- There’s nothing more important than a soul being saved from death and hell.
- This is why Jesus came to die on the cross for them. Make sure it counts for them. That’s your job.
- God gave this job to you and I, and this is the most important job in existence.
- God is trusting you with this job. Will you come through for Him? Will you be that faithful messenger?
 Proverbs 13:23 Much food is in the tillage of the poor: but there is that is destroyed for want of judgment.
- There is much food in the tillage of the poor, but they destroy the food for want of judgement.
- They could have not been poor IF they would have simply chose the fear of the Lord.
- God doesn’t want us to be poor. Some false religions will teach these things.
- God also doesn’t want us to be rich and lifted up with pride and arrogance.
If God needs one of His children to be rich, He will make them rich. He knows who can handle what.
- But the poor don’t have to be poor. They choose to be poor because of their judgement.
- They don’t make good decisions and their harvest is destroyed. They are lazy.
- They would rather let the food rot than go out in the cold or rain to gather it. That’s why they’re poor.
- You don’t want to be like this. You want to make good decisions and work hard for God.
 Proverbs 13:24 He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.
- If your son does something wrong, and you spare the rod or don’t correct him, then you hate him.
- If you don’t correct your children God’s way, then you hate your children.
- If you love them, you will chasten them BETIMES or at the right time, in a short time.
- You will chasten them or punish them before it’s too late. You will do this starting at a young age.
- If you wait until they are older, it’s too late. Chasten them immediately when they need it.
Chastening your children or punishing them for doing wrong is VERY IMPORTANT and loving.
- It takes work. Letting things go is much easier than dealing with them HEAD ON.
- I will deal with my children immediately and head on. And I will make sure they understand.
- If I tell them to do something, and they say no, the chastening is coming quickly.
- When I tell my children to sit up and listen, they better do it or the punishment is coming soon.
Many people “FEEL BAD” for punishing their children. The crying just gets to them.
- Look, it’s not fun to punish and spank your children. There is no joy in doing this at all. It hurts.
- But listen to the Bible today and get over your feelings.
- If you don’t, your children could be headed for great destruction.
- My children know and understand that their crying isn’t going to stop the punishment coming for them.
 Proverbs 19:18 Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying.
- You do not stop the chastening because they are crying. Get over that right now.
- “But I just can’t do it because it hurts me too much.” BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. Get over yourself.
- This isn’t for you. It’s correction for your children that helps them. It’s not to help you. It’s for them.
- And if you won’t do it, God says that you hate your children. That’s what He says.
 Proverbs 23:13-14 Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. 14 Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.
- That’s a commandment from God. “But the government says I can’t whip my children.”
- Hey, I don’t care what they say. They aren’t God. He is the highest power and He commands this.
- When you spank your children, they shall not die. THOU SHALT BEAT HIM WITH THE ROD.
- Why is that? Do you want your child to go to hell? And yes, a lack of correction may just lead to that.
 Proverbs 22:15 Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.
- Do you want your children to be fools? That’s what the Bible warns right here.
- “The rod of correction shall drive foolishness far from him.” That’s what you want for your children.
- You don’t want foolishness to take over them. If you won’t correct your child, this will happen.
- And this means you hate your children when you won’t correct them.
 Proverbs 29:15 The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.
- Do you understand this? THE ROD AND REPROOF GIVE WISDOM.
- Children will listen and learn from the rod and reproof. This gives them wisdom.
- Do you want a wise child or a foolish child? God gives you the choice. Which one?
- Let’s finish Proverbs Chapter 13 with the last verse.
 Proverbs 13:25 The righteous eateth to the satisfying of his soul: but the belly of the wicked shall want.
- The wicked will always be wanting.
- For example, give the wicked some money and they will spend it all quickly on foolish things.
- And then they’ll just want more and more and more free money.
- That’s what’s happening in this country right now. We give money to the lazy sluggards and sloths.
- We work. The government takes what we worked for and gives it to people who won’t work.
- And they are never satisfied. You will never satisfy those people. More money will never be enough.
- “But the belly of the wicked shall want.”
The Righteous Are Satisfied And Thankful To God
Are the righteous this same way? No. The righteous eateth to the satisfying of his soul.
- We are satisfied with what we have. God has given us everything. We are thankful for what He’s given us.
- We don’t continually want more and more and more and are never happy, content, or thankful.
- The wicked are like animals who just want to satisfy themselves.
- The Bible is describing the lazy sluggard here. They shall want. They’ll take everything you have.
- And they won’t want to work for anything themselves.
- They will eat the last piece of bread and watch you starve. They won’t share.
- They are like lions who suffer hunger.
 Psalm 34:9-10 O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him. 10 The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.
- God has given us good things. We don’t lack anything that we need. God takes care of us.
- We’re thankful, peaceful, happy, and hopeful. We know that God is watching over us.
- We fear Him, and we know that He supplies us with all things. I will never want for anything good.
- Why? Because God has given us everlasting life. There’s nothing better than that. Thank you, God.
- That ends Proverbs Chapter 13.
- I hope you’ll take what you’ve learned in this chapter and apply it to your life.