- Sermon Slides for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 14: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 14: PDF
- Audio MP3 for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 14: Audio
- Video MP4 for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 14: Video
 The title of the sermon today is “PROVERBS CHAPTER 14.”
- We’re going to continue our Bible study in the Book of Proverbs today.
- Every word of God is truth. Every word in the Book of Proverbs is truth.
- Let’s see what we can learn today. We ask God for His wisdom as we study this chapter.
- Let’s start there in verse 1 of Proverbs Chapter 14.
 Proverbs 14:1 Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.
- This is a very important Scripture right here for women.
- As a woman, you can choose to be very wise or you can choose to be very foolish.
- God’s purpose for women is shown right there. “Every wise woman buildeth her house.”
- “But the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.” Hey, listen, this is talking about building your house.
- This is talking about building your family. This is talking about teaching your children the right things.
You can either build your house, or you can pluck it down yourself.
- You can choose to stay at home with your children as they grow up and teach them the Bible.
- Or, you can choose to abandon them and hand them off to other people who don’t care for them.
- You can pay someone else to take care of your children.
 John 10:11-13 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. 12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. 13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
- Will you be like Jesus Christ and be a shepherd over your very own children?
- Or will you hire someone to take care of them? Will you just hand them over to the wolves?
- The hireling will flee and will not protect your children. HEY, THEY ARE YOUR CHILDREN TO CARE FOR.
- They are a great, great blessing from God. Will you build up your house, or will you tear it down?
- It’s your choice. What are you going to do?
Are you going to build a STRONG SPIRITUAL HOUSE or a weak little fleshly home with unsaved children?
- Which one is it? No one takes this serious any more. Women are keepers at home.
- That house is there for them to build. Which type of house will you build?
- The foolish women destroy their homes by not following God’s plan for women.
- Don’t be a foolish woman. Be like Ruth, Rachel, and Leah who built the house of Israel.
 Ruth 4:11-12 And all the people that were in the gate, and the elders, said, We are witnesses. The LORD make the woman that is come into thine house like Rachel and like Leah, which two did build the house of Israel: and do thou worthily in Ephratah, and be famous in Beth-lehem: 12 And let thy house be like the house of Pharez, whom Tamar bare unto Judah, of the seed which the LORD shall give thee of this young woman.
- Women, make sure you understand this. Continue to build the spiritual house of Israel.
- Make sure you’re children are saved. They are counting on you. Don’t let them down.
- There is nothing more important than your children being saved and you building your house.
- Don’t let this world talk you into plucking down your own home.
- Don’t let false teaching and false preachers convince you to leave your home and children on their own.
- Don’t do it. STOP NOW WHILE YOU STILL HAVE A CHANCE. Get to God and His words.
 Proverbs 14:2 He that walketh in his uprightness feareth the LORD: but he that is perverse in his ways despiseth him.
- If you love your perverse ways, you will despise the Lord.
- When you know you’re doing wrong, you will despise the Lord. You won’t want to see a Bible.
- You won’t want to hear any of His words. You will never open your Bible.
That’s called despising the Lord, His ways, and His words. You do this when you’re perverse.
- And what does perverse mean? Turned aside, turned away from the right ways, distorted.
- Perverts are perverse. God is only good, and you want nothing to do with Him. PERVERSE.
- You don’t want to be perverse to God and His ways. Instead, you want to fear the Lord.
- When you actually fear the Lord, you will walk in HIS UPRIGHTNESS. You will walk in His ways.
 Proverbs 16:17 The highway of the upright is to depart from evil: he that keepeth his way preserveth his soul.
- What is evil? Evil is anything that goes against the WORD OF GOD. Anything. This is evil.
- Breaking God’s commandments is evil. Lying to your husband is evil. Lying to your wife is evil.
- Keeping things from your husband or wife is evil. Thinking that a lie is better than telling the truth is evil.
- KEEP YOUR WAY BY FOLLOWING JESUS CHRIST AND HIS WORDS. Then, you will depart from evil.
- Walk in uprightness by following “THE WAY” who is Jesus Christ. Let’s keep going in Proverbs Chapter 14.
 Proverbs 14:3 In the mouth of the foolish is a rod of pride: but the lips of the wise shall preserve them.
- People always say things like this: “I am proud of this. I am proud of that.”
- “I am proud to be an American.” Hey, guess what? I’m not proud to be an American.
- Why would I be proud of a country that has killed about 1 million babies per year in abortions since 1974?
- These were legal abortions. That means we approved, as a country, of killing 1 million babies per year.
- And this is just a rough average per year. Think about that. 1 million babies killed per year.
- Why would I be proud to be an American? This is a Godless country now. I’m not proud of that at all.
Let me read this Scripture to you again: “In the mouth of the foolish is a rod of pride.”
- What did we have in this country? We had pride. We still have pride. We have pride in homosexuals now.
- We have an entire month dedicated to these sick and nasty perverts. They are perverse in their ways.
- We sure don’t have a month dedicated to the actual Lord God Almighty, but we honor queers.
- FOOLS HAVE PRIDE. Understand that right now. The truly wise people don’t have pride.
- They aren’t proud of what they’ve done because they haven’t done anything good.
- The lips of the wise shall preserve them. What do the lips of the wise speak? God’s words.
- Not lying words about God, but God’s actual words.
 Proverbs 28:25 He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the LORD shall be made fat.
- Do you want to have a proud heart because you think everything about YOU is so great?
- “Well, my kids are better than your kids. I AM PROUD OF MY KIDS. They are MY KIDS.”
- Is that what you want to be like? Do you really think that?
- Just because something is yours it must be better, right? That’s what people think.
- You stir up strife and contention when you’re proud. You think you’re better than others.
- You look down on others when you’re proud. You raise yourself up when you’re proud.
- You are haughty, lofty, and superior to others. This is what we think when we’re prideful.
Instead of doing this, you should be ashamed. You should be humble, homely, meek, and submissive to God.
- Don’t raise yourself up against God and act like you know so much better than God.
- People do this every day. Why? Because they don’t trust in God and His ways. FOOLS ARE PRIDEFUL.
 Proverbs 14:4 Where no oxen are, the crib is clean: but much increase is by the strength of the ox.
- Oxen are equated to servants throughout the Bible.
- “Where no oxen are, the crib is clean.” The crib is a stall for oxen. If there are no oxen, the place is clean.
- It’s empty. When you move out of a home and put it up for sale, it’s empty and it stays clean inside.
- When you’re living there and working there, it doesn’t stay so clean.
- God could keep this earth much cleaner by removing all of us. We’ve polluted the earth. We’ve trashed it.
- But if God didn’t have ANY OF HIS SERVANTS here, there wouldn’t be any increase.
You need oxen to increase. They work hard on the land. This work they do leads to increase.
- The oxen treadeth out the corn and the corn is there for food, energy, and strength.
- This increase from work comes by the strength of the oxen. God needs servants here to serve Him.
- Why? He’s looking for increase. Increase in what? SAVED SOULS. He needs workers that are like oxen.
- He needs you to be strong in His words. He needs you to win souls to Jesus Christ.
- He wants an increase in saved souls through you. If you work hard for Him, He will feed you.
- He will increase you. He will strengthen you. BE A SERVANT OF GOD and nothing else.
- What are you serving in your life right now? Family? Work? Fun? Material things? Money? Or God?
- If you aren’t serving God, you’re missing out on increases of truly good things.
 Proverbs 14:5 A faithful witness will not lie: but a false witness will utter lies.
- Are you a faithful witness for God? Will you share the truth from God’s words with people?
- Or, will you be a false witness that UTTERS lies?
- Will you teach people that you must repent of all your sin and be baptized to be saved?
- IF SO, YOU ARE A FALSE WITNESS. You speak lies because the Bible never says that once.
Stop speaking lies. A faithful witness is one who reads and studies the word of God.
- A faithful witness is one who knows what God says. A faithful witness will not lie about God Almighty.
- A faithful witness fears the Lord, speaks the truth in any situation, and does not fear anyone but God.
- We’ll find later in this chapter that a true witness delivers souls. Let’s keep going in verse 6.
 Proverbs 14:6 A scorner seeketh wisdom, and findeth it not: but knowledge is easy unto him that understandeth.
- There is no wisdom within a scorner. A scorner is one who despised God.
- When they need help, they search for wisdom within. And guess what? It’s not there.
- They won’t know what to do. They wills tumble over their own feet. God will laugh at them.
- Why? Because they hate God. They despise Him. When they need, He won’t be there.
- GOD IS WISDOM. A scorner doesn’t have God and therefore they have NO WISDOM AT ALL.
“But knowledge is easy unto him that understandeth.” The Bible was very difficult for me at times in my life.
- I had so much trouble understanding anything within the words of the Bible.
- But once I was saved by believing on Jesus Christ, the knowledge and understanding started to come.
- And it was much easier as I put the work into the Bible. It didn’t just come to me.
I had to study and work. But once I did that, I started to understand. And now what happens?
- The knowledge is easy. Understanding God’s words are much easier now. Why?
- Because God gave me the understanding. I ask Him for understanding constantly.
- Ask and ye shall receive. Don’t ask for foolish things. Ask for wisdom and understanding of His words.
- Understand the importance of God’s words.
 Proverbs 8:8-9 All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them. 9 They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.
- For example, it’s so easy and plain to see that there’s only one requirement to be saved and receive everlasting life.
- “BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AND THOU SHALT BE SAVED.” That’s it.
- But fools add requirements to salvation, and they pervert the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- They send souls to hell with their perverted ways. God’s words are not perverse or froward in any way.
 Proverbs 14:7 Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge.
- I love this verse. This is a commandment from God. Are you following this? It’s very plain and clear.
- When you’re around a man or woman who rejects the God of the Bible, they are clearly foolish.
- “GO FROM THEIR PRESENCE.” In other words, you shouldn’t be around them.
- This includes everyone. It doesn’t say that this excludes family. Does it?
- The Bible doesn’t say this excludes a false preacher. Does it?
- They are foolish as they do not want to hear God’s words. They want to hear words that tickle their ears.
- If you give the Gospel to someone and they clearly are rejecting God, it’s time to go.
 Proverbs 9:6 Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.
 Proverbs 13:20 He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.
 Proverbs 19:27 Cease, my son, to hear the instruction that causeth to err from the words of knowledge.
- Stop listening to all these clowns and fools in these so-called “Christian” churches.
- They are causing you to ERR from the words of knowledge. Understand this. CEASE FROM THIS.
- Stop allowing false teaching to direct your paths and start using God’s actual words to guide you.
- Get away from the lies and focus on the truth from here on out.
 Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
- This is a command to you. It’s time to start doing what God says. NO FELLOWSHIP WITH FALSE GODS.
- No fellowship with the people who worship false gods. BUT RATHER REPROVE THEM.
- They are at fault. It’s time to let them know. How? By using God’s words.
- If they don’t want to hear them, then why are you around them?
- When you get the Bible out and people cringe, it’s time to leave their presence.
 Proverbs 14:8 The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way: but the folly of fools is deceit.
- Sometimes we might not understand God and His ways when we’re reading the Bible.
- The ignorant fool will simply stop reading and act as if God is unrighteous and wicked.
- Why? Simply because they don’t understand because they are ignorant. God is not.
- Don’t put God down because you won’t take the time to understand His way.
- Don’t reject God because you won’t put the work in to understanding the words of the Bible.
If you’re wise and prudent or advisable, you will put in the work to understand God’s words.
- You’ll know that He is right no matter what you think. You’ll accept His ways no matter what.
- THEN, GOD WILL HELP YOU UNDERSTAND HIS WAYS. He will help you understand His words.
- And guess what? In my life, God has shown me how wrong I was and how right He is.
At one point in my life, I couldn’t understand why God rejected the offering of Cain.
- I would think, “God that’s not fair. Cain worked really hard and brought you an offering.”
- But God showed me how foolish my thoughts were.
- That offering by Cain was Cain rejecting God’s way and doing it his own way.
- That’s what all of these false “Christian” denominations are doing today.
- They make up their own way of salvation.
I was deceived at that point in time. I was learning about some false god in church.
- I was taking the side of a false church and a false preacher over the word of God.
- That was very stupid of me. I was a total idiot. “The folly of fools is deceit.”
- I allowed myself to be deceived when the truth was right here in this King James Bible.
- The Bible would say something, and I would say: “Oh, that can’t be right.”
- I finally gave it all up and started to trust in God’s words within the Bible.
 Proverbs 14:9 Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous there is favour.
- God gives favor among the righteous who believe in Him and His words. We take all His words.
- We love His words. Because of that, God gave His righteousness to us. He is kind. He is friendly to us.
- He supports us. He defends us. He fights for us. He works out all things for those who love Him.
- He definitely shows us favor. He has forgiven us of all our sins. We don’t mock at sin.
- We hate sin. We hate doing wrong. We don’t want to go against our amazing Savior and God.
But fools aren’t the same. I was a fool in the past. I made a mock at sin. FOOLS MAKE A MOCK AT SIN.
- Fools think that it’s fun to sin. Fools believe that it’s okay to go against God’s rules for us.
- Fools don’t understand that sin is killing them. God instructs us not to sin because He wants good for us.
- Why do you think He made the laws? To protect us.
- For example: don’t murder protects you. No kidnapping protects you. God is protecting you with His laws.
- Hell is there to protect you from evil and wickedness. Don’t mock at sin.
“Oh, you’re just too good for us, huh? You don’t want to participate in our drug dealing?”
- “Oh, look it’s miss goody two shoes. Look at her. She thinks she’s so much better.”
- “Oh, look at him. He doesn’t want to go rob a bank with us. He thinks he’s so good.”
- “Oh, you don’t want to inhale our cigarette smoke that kills you and all of us too.”
- “Well, you’re just so great, aren’t you???” Hey, this is mocking sin.
- Smoking cigarettes is killing you and everyone around you. Do you not care?
- Are you not thankful for the life that God gave you? Are you making a mockery of God?
- That’s very foolish. That’s very idiotic. Put away the childish things. Get favor from God.
 Proverbs 14:10 The heart knoweth his own bitterness; and a stranger doth not intermeddle with his joy.
- You know deep down inside who you are, and this is why we aren’t proud.
- Don’t forget what’s inside the flesh of yours. You know your own bitterness inside of you.
- You know the sorrow that you have inside of you for what you’ve done.
- But once you’re saved, you know the JOY AND PEACE that you have through Jesus Christ.
- No one can take that away from you. “A stranger doth not intermeddle with his joy.”
- While we still have this flesh, we will be sorry for what we do. We know what lies within us.
 Genesis 42:21 And they said one to another, We are verily guilty concerning our brother, in that we saw the anguish of his soul, when he besought us, and we would not hear; therefore is this distress come upon us.
- Joseph was a good brother. He did good. But he was a goody two shoes in the eyes of his brothers.
- They mocked sin. And did evil for good. When you do evil for good, God is against you.
- Someone helps you by telling you the truth and then you do bad to that person.
- This is what the brothers of Joseph did right there. And they were very guilty concerning their brother.
- They saw the anguish of his soul, Joseph besought them, and they would not hear him.
And they’re right at the end of that verse: “Therefore is this distress come upon us.”
- Why do we have distress? We have distress within us because of what we’ve done.
- And we’re sorry for what we’ve done in this life.
- But we now know that we’re forgiven by the blood of Jesus Christ. This gives us joy.
- But we’re still sorry for what we’ve done. We know what we’ve done. And we ask forgiveness.
We have bitterness within us because of sin. The law of sin dwells within our flesh.
- And we can’t to get rid of this sinful flesh.
- If you have no regrets or bitterness for what you’ve done, there’s something wrong with you.
- If you wouldn’t go back and change the things you’ve done wrong to people, something is wrong.
- You should be sorry for what you’ve done. You should want to correct it and make it right.
 Proverbs 14:11 The house of the wicked shall be overthrown: but the tabernacle of the upright shall flourish.
- Do you want your house to be overthrown? Or, do you want your house to flourish?
- Do you remember the start of Proverbs Chapter 14 that we’re working on right now.
- “Every wise woman BUILDETH her house.”
- If you decide to build a wicked house with wicked foundations, your house will be overthrown.
If you decide that money is more important than teaching your children about God, you have a wicked house.
- If you choose to actually put God first, your home will flourish in all the right ways.
- Your children will rise up and call you blessed. Your husband will rise up and call you blessed.
- Your wife will rise up and call you blessed. And when I say “rise up” that’s what I mean.
- Your family will stand up here with you and fight with you for God. They will ARISE for God.
- And your tabernacle will be upright and flourish. That’s what you want.
 Genesis 18:19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
- Don’t you want your house to be like this? Don’t you want God to say that He knows you?
- He knows that you will command your children and your household after you.
- So, I ask you today, will you or will you not? If you’re still alive right now, you can do this.
- Build your house the right way. The foundation MUST BE Jesus Christ.
 Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
- So many people are deceived in this world today because they think they have the right ways.
- But, when their ways go against God’s ways, you can 100% know that you are wrong.
- Even when it seems right, you’d be wrong. You’re being tricked. You’re way is towards death.
- God’s way is towards life. Don’t be deceived by this world. You MUST find the way in God’s words.
- Within God’s actual words, you will find the right ways and the good path. Follow His ways.
 Proverbs 30:12 There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness.
- The ways in this country right now are filthy. They think they are doing right, but they aren’t.
- All these organizations who support abortion actually believe they are right in their own eyes.
- They believe that abortion is helping the woman who is pregnant. But it’s not. It’s hurting that woman.
- They believe they are pure in their own eyes, but they are actually filthy.
It’s 100% depraved and sick to have an abortion. You’re murdering an innocent little baby.
- We have all of these people who believe they are pure and right.
- But they haven’t been washed from their filthiness.
- The only way to be washed from your filthiness is through Jesus Christ ALONE.
 Proverbs 14:13 Even in laughter the heart is sorrowful; and the end of that mirth is heaviness.
- You can be merry, happy, joyful, and laughing and not have God.
- DRUNKARDS do this all the time. But are they truly happy? No, they aren’t.
- One day they’ll realize the error of their ways. The heart is sorrowful and heavy. Always.
 Daniel 5:3-4 Then they brought the golden vessels that were taken out of the temple of the house of God which was at Jerusalem; and the king, and his princes, his wives, and his concubines, drank in them. 4 They drank wine, and praised the gods of gold, and of silver, of brass, of iron, of wood, and of stone.
- King Belshazzar was happy and merry in his drunkenness. Drunken people are very merry at times.
- But let them continue and watch what happens. It won’t be good.
- Belshazzar praised the false gods of gold, silver, brass, iron, wood, and stone.
 Daniel 5:5-6 In the same hour came forth fingers of a man’s hand, and wrote over against the candlestick upon the plaister of the wall of the king’s palace: and the king saw the part of the hand that wrote. 6 Then the king’s countenance was changed, and his thoughts troubled him, so that the joints of his loins were loosed, and his knees smote one against another.
- Don’t wait until it’s too late to understand that you’ve sinned against the Almighty God.
- He is a God to be greatly feared. The king was merry while he was drinking.
- But he watches this hand writing on the wall and his countenance was changed.
- His thoughts troubled him. This is his last day as king of Babylon.
- He was so troubled that his knees knocked together.
One day you will wake up and realize how ashamed you should be of who you are and what you’ve done.
- One day you’ll be swimming at the beach or pool and realize that you’re naked. You’ll be ashamed.
- You’ll think: “What am I doing??? I’m naked. Someone give me something to cover up.”
- One day you’ll be out running in your spandex short shorts and realize how ashamed you should be.
You can see that people are not troubled at all in this world by their sin, nakedness, and shame.
- Belshazzar wasn’t troubled until he saw the hand writing on the wall. He was scared to death.
- Don’t wait until it’s too late to trust God’s words. If you never do, you will be scared to death.
- Don’t be naked and ashamed because you won’t trust God’s words.
- God will give you a covering for your sins and this covering is the LAMB OF GOD who is Jesus Christ.
 Proverbs 14:14 The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself.
- The backslider in heart is the one who turns away from God. He shall be filled with his own ways.
- God says, “Hey, this is what you want. Then you can have what you want.”
- Your own ways will not be good. If God didn’t save me, I wouldn’t have my wife or kids right now.
- I am so thankful that God didn’t give up on me. I am so thankful that I was not filled with my own ways.
- I thank God for giving me the chance to be saved. “A good man shall be satisfied from himself.”
Now, it doesn’t take much to satisfy me. I don’t need things as I once did. Before, I need much more.
- Now, I have everything I need, and I am very thankful for everything God has given me.
- I am satisfied. With God, you will be satisfied. You don’t have to have all the things from this world.
- The world makes you think you need all these other things. STOP FALLING FOR THESE LIES.
- What you need is salvation in Jesus Christ. That’s what you need.
- And once you put all your trust in Jesus Christ and understand that you have eternal life, you will be satisfied.
 Hosea 4:16 For Israel slideth back as a backsliding heifer: now the LORD will feed them as a lamb in a large place.
- Think of a lamb in a large place. Think of all the predators after the lamb in this huge field.
- If you want to backslide from God, be ready to be on your own out there. The wolves are coming for you.
- And it won’t be easy. You need God there with you. So don’t slide back from God.
- Draw close to God, and He will be there as your protection.
 Hebrews 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
- Don’t do it. Stick close to God. How? Read your Bible, pray every day, study, and work for God.
- Do not depart from the living God. He is alive. He’s watching. He sees everything.
 Proverbs 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.
- Do you just believe every word your hear on CNN, Fox News, USA Today, NBC News, or New York Times?
- HEY, NEWS FLASH!!! They write stories to fulfill agendas. They don’t care if it’s truth or not.
- They want to target Florida because Florida at least has a governor with a brain.
- So, what do they do? They start writing stories about Florida, and they could care less if they are true.
- They are simply pawns that fulfill the agenda of someone in power. Don’t believe every word.
- “The simple believeth every word.” Don’t believe all the rumors. VERIFY THINGS YOURSELF.
Don’t believe everything you hear in church. Don’t believe everything you hear in school.
- Don’t take the word of man as TRUTH. Do you understand this?
- Don’t believe everything your teacher says. If you do, you’re simple and not wise. God says so.
- God wants you to be prudent and wise by checking everything someone tells you. Verify.
- When you hear something in church, verify it yourself. Know the Scriptures. Don’t be deceived.
- In false churches, you hear this:
- “Well, I have a PHD in theology, and you should listen to me because I am so great.”
- “I’ve written books. My books are best sellers. Do you want to buy one?”
 Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
- God wants you to be like this. SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES to see if what you’re being told is truth.
- Don’t just believe everything someone tells you. SEARCH THE WORD OF GOD to find the truth.
 Proverbs 14:16 A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth, and is confident.
- We depart from evil because we fear God. We know that God will punish and even kill us if He needs to.
- If we want to keep going against Him, He will take us out of this life.
- If we don’t profit Him as a saved person and are doing evil continually, you might as well say goodbye.
- A wise man fears and does his best to stop doing evil. But not the fool.
- The fool will keep going and going and going. The fool rages and is confident about it too.
 Proverbs 14:17 He that is soon angry dealeth foolishly: and a man of wicked devices is hated.
- Don’t get angry so easily. If you do, you’ll do even more foolish things afterwards.
- Anyone who has been very angry before knows this. You always do or say something foolish.
- Don’t get SOON ANGRY. Some people are opposite of this. They let the anger build up over time.
- And they come up with ways to get back at people. That’s wicked. Don’t do that either.
- A man of wicked devices is hated. Did you know God hates evil and wicked people?
- Churches won’t teach you that, but they are liars. GOD HATES EVIL PEOPLE.
- Good people who are saved and follow God will hate evil people too.
 Psalm 5:4-5 For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee. 5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
- You don’t want to be hated by God so don’t be wicked. Accept God’s words. Don’t be filled with evil.
 Proverbs 14:18 The simple inherit folly: but the prudent are crowned with knowledge.
- Do you want to be simple and foolish or prudent and have knowledge?
- I don’t think I know anyone who wants to be a fool. Don’t you want to be crowned with knowledge?
- Then seek the words of the Bible. Understand what you have here in these words.
- If you don’t find yourself wanting to read the Bible every day, you need to change those ways.
- Yes, force yourself to read the Bible. Just do it. And then you’ll see how much you need them.
 Proverbs 14:19 The evil bow before the good; and the wicked at the gates of the righteous.
- Yes, the evil and wicked will bow before the good and the righteous. Understand this.
- The evil and wicked people will not win in the end. They will win a battle but they won’t win the war.
 Genesis 42:6 And Joseph was the governor over the land, and he it was that sold to all the people of the land: and Joseph’s brethren came, and bowed down themselves before him with their faces to the earth.
 Daniel 7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.
 Isaiah 49:23 And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing mothers: they shall bow down to thee with their face toward the earth, and lick up the dust of thy feet; and thou shalt know that I am the LORD: for they shall not be ashamed that wait for me.
 Malachi 4:3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.
 Revelation 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
- So, which side do you want to be on? The losing side? Do you want to be a loser?
- All of those who won’t believe on Jesus Christ will be losers. Don’t be a loser.
- BE A WINNER. Be on God’s side. Allow God to lead you in this war, and you will win in the end.
 Proverbs 14:20 The poor is hated even of his own neighbour: but the rich hath many friends.
- No one wants a poor neighbor. They are rejected and hated. But the rich has many friends.
- When someone has lots of money and power, they have lots of friends in this world.
- The poor do not. But think spiritually. THE RICH SPIRITUALLY WILL HAVE MANY FRIENDS.
- The wicked will not have any friends as they burn in hell. But, in heaven, you will have friends.
- And you have THE BEST FRIEND you could ever have in God Almighty. You won’t find a better friend.
He’s a friend who will never lie to you. He will never cheat you. He will only do what’s best for you ALWAYS.
- That’s a friend that you want. And with God, you will have many GOOD FRIENDS.
- Godly friends will help you when you’re going through trials and tribulations. They will tell you the truth.
- They will lead you in the right direction. You want Godly friends.
- In heaven, you will have millions of friends.
 Proverbs 14:21 He that despiseth his neighbour sinneth: but he that hath mercy on the poor, happy is he.
- If you despise your neighbor for the wrong reasons, you are sinning.
- If your neighbor is evil and wicked, and you despise your neighbor for that, you aren’t sinning.
- If you despise your neighbor because he is poor, you’re sinning. This is talking about a poor neighbor.
- Think spiritually. If your neighbor isn’t saved, and you don’t try to help him, you are sinning.
- HAVE MERCY ON THE POOR. When you do that, you will be happy.
 Proverbs 14:22 Do they not err that devise evil? but mercy and truth shall be to them that devise good.
- Evil people win in this world because they devise evil. A good person doesn’t do this.
- We don’t devise schemes to take out evil people. We don’t think in those ways, and we won’t.
- We know it’s wrong to devise evil. It’s error to devise evil. God hates those people who think this way.
- And God knows who they are. He knows their every thought. They won’t have mercy and truth.
- Don’t go in their ways. Don’t play their evil little games. Follow the ways of God.
- And guess whose watching out for you and knows all about these evil and wicked schemes?
- God knows, and God is protecting you from those evil and wicked people. Mercy and truth for you.
 Proverbs 14:23 In all labour there is profit: but the talk of the lips tendeth only to penury.
- Some people love to talk about doing work but they never actually get to the work.
- The talk of the lips tendeth to penury or extreme poverty. Lazy sluggards just talk and never work.
- They love to spread lies about people and about God. They’ll never get off the couch.
- But they have that cell phone with them and they have big mouths.
- If they would actually get up and LABOR, they would see profit.
- There is profit in all labor the Bible says so let’s get to work. Jesus says, “My Father works and I work.”
 John 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.
- Listen, you need to understand this. What are you working for? Are you working for things that perish?
- Or, are you working for that meat that endures unto everlasting life? Which one?
- We need to get to the right labor. We need to get to the right work.
- Don’t just talk about doing the work. Let’s do the work for God. We must take action.
 Proverbs 14:24 The crown of the wise is their riches: but the foolishness of fools is folly.
- Fools are very foolish. People who reject God are the biggest fools of all. Don’t be like that.
- The crown of the wise is their riches. What are your riches? Is it your car or home?
- Is it your children? Is it your family? What are your riches?
- The riches of the wise are in heaven.
 Matthew 6:19-21 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
- He that winneth souls is wise. I guarantee you that you receive riches in heaven by winning souls to Christ.
- Is that where your heart is? Do you want to win souls to Jesus Christ, or is your heart in something else?
- “For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” Is your heart in the right place?
 Proverbs 14:25 A true witness delivereth souls: but a deceitful witness speaketh lies.
- When you speak the truth from God’s words, you will deliver souls.
- When you speak lies, you don’t have a chance.
- It’s sad that Ray Comfort believes that he’s winning souls. He’s not.
- He’s a deceitful witness that speaks lies. REPENT OF YOUR SIN TO BE SAVED.
- Hey, that’s not in the Bible once. You don’t have to repent of all your sin to be saved.
- He will never deliver souls that way. But a true witness who speaks truth will deliver souls.
 Proverbs 14:26 In the fear of the LORD is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.
- Fear God and you can be confident in God. He is the Almighty. You should fear Him.
- Is God scary? YES HE IS. Will God strike terror in you? YES HE WILL. You should be afraid of God.
- You should read the Bible and understand what He’s done, what He can do, and what He will do.
- When you go against Him, you better be ready for His quick and terrible wrath. Don’t go against Him.
- When you fear Him, you’ll have a place of refuge, shelter, and protection.
 Proverbs 14:27 The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
- If you want to live, you better fear God. If you want to die, then don’t fear God. Go do whatever you want.
- But I want to live. Do you want to live? I love life. I hate death. Life is good. Death is bad.
- I want to depart from death. I want a fountain of life. What I do then? I fear the Lord.
- False preachers say, “You shouldn’t fear the Lord.” WOW is all I can say.
- The entire Bible teaches us to fear the Lord. Remember to verify everything you hear.
- If you follow that command, you would get away from the false preachers that say we shouldn’t fear God.
- If people actually followed Proverbs Chapter 14, this chapter ALONE would destroy all the false churches around here.
 Job 28:28 And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.
- Depart from evil. This includes the evil false preachers and the evil churches who lie about God.
- If a church says that homosexuality is approved by God, you need to get away from that church.
- DEPART FROM EVIL AND FEAR GOD. This is wisdom. This is understanding.
 Proverbs 14:28 In the multitude of people is the king’s honour: but in the want of people is the destruction of the prince.
- The king’s honor is in the multitude of people. Good people will love an honorable king.
- Good people will love a righteous nation that trusts in God. The United States of America was that nation.
- Everyone wants to come here. “IN GOD WE TRUST.” But what’s happening now?
- “But in the want of people is the destruction of the prince.” People want more and more for themselves.
- This leads to destruction. Churches want more and more people no matter what it takes.
You don’t want a multitude of evil people in a church. There is no honor in that.
- A few righteous people have more honor than a multitude of wicked people.
- There will be more people in hell than in heaven, but which place actually has honor?
- The saints of Jesus Christ are in the honor of Jesus Christ.
 Proverbs 14:29 He that is slow to wrath is of great understanding: but he that is hasty of spirit exalteth folly.
- Is God slow to wrath? OF COURSE HE IS. If not, I wouldn’t be here right now.
- He would have destroyed me. He is of great understanding. He gave me a chance and is slow to wrath.
- Now, I’m working for Him. I’m on His side now because of the way He’s treated me.
- He’s loved me when I haven’t deserved His love. He’s protected me all my life when I didn’t deserve it.
- We need to be more like Him.
- We don’t want to make quick and hasty decisions unless they are according to God’s words.
“But he that is hasty of spirit exalteth folly.” Don’t be rash and hasty. Don’t make everything so urgent.
- “I MUST HAVE THIS. I MUST HAVE THAT. I MUST HAVE IT NOW.” No, you need to calm down.
- You need to make good decisions and be slow to wrath. Don’t believe everything you hear.
- If someone tells you something bad about another person, don’t believe everything you hear.
- And don’t make a rash and hasty decision based on a possible lie. Understand that.
- Find the truth first. Then make a decision based on the word of God.
- If not, you will exalt FOLLY. You’ll raise foolishness above wisdom. You don’t want that.
 Proverbs 14:30 A sound heart is the life of the flesh: but envy the rottenness of the bones.
- A SOUND HEART IS ONE that trusts in God. It is the life of the flesh. Faith in God gives life.
- You want a SOUND HEART that is based in God’s word. His words are written upon your heart.
Don’t hold grudges against people. FORGIVE OTHERS as God has forgiven you.
- Envy is the rottenness of the bones. Don’t be rotten. Forgive and forget about things.
- Don’t bring up things of the past that are gone and done.
- Some people won’t forgive others so God won’t forgive them.
- Not being a forgiving person is rotten. Don’t be a rotten and envious person.
 Job 5:2 For wrath killeth the foolish man, and envy slayeth the silly one.
- Don’t be a foolish man or woman. Don’t have envy against other people. Let it go.
- God takes care of things. His wrath will take care of all these things. You simply let it go.
 Acts 7:9 And the patriarchs, moved with envy, sold Joseph into Egypt: but God was with him,
- This is what envy can do. And most people have envy towards righteous people who do good.
- So keep this in mind and don’t do these things. Don’t move with envy.
 Proverbs 14:31 He that oppresseth the poor reproacheth his Maker: but he that honoureth him hath mercy on the poor.
- Oppressing the poor is flat out evil. There is no other word for that.
- Now, listen, the world has the wrong definition of the poor. Don’t confuse poor with lazy.
- The lazy are oppressing themselves. Understand that now. If you won’t work, you don’t eat.
- The lazy will then try to say that you’re oppressing them. Don’t allow people to twist Scriptures.
- Don’t oppress the poor or bring them lower purposely. Don’t make things harder on them.
For example, don’t make it harder for the poor to get a job. Don’t give out free money so they won’t get a job.
- Don’t oppress the poor by giving them FREE MONEY that they didn’t work for. They need to work for it.
- If you give them everything for free, you’re breaking God’s words and you are oppressing them.
- You’re making them rely more on you so you can control them. That’s what our government is doing.
- Give the lazy people more money so they will rely on them, oppress them, and get more votes.
- HAVE MERCY ON THE POOR BY GETTING THEM TO WORK.
- If you oppress the poor, you are reproaching or despising your MAKER who is God Almighty.
- Don’t oppress the poor OR you will make God Almighty angry.
- If you have mercy on the poor, God honors you. God is a merciful God, and we should follow His lead.
- Have mercy on others. Don’t attack them when they’re down. Don’t make things worse for them.
 Proverbs 14:32 The wicked is driven away in his wickedness: but the righteous hath hope in his death.
- Wickedness only drives people further and further to God. The end of the wicked is death and hell.
- “But the righteous hath hope in HIS DEATH.” Whose death? You can apply many different meanings here.
- The righteous hath hope in the death of the wicked. This is true.
- We rejoice when the wicked are thrown into hell. This gives us hope of a perfect world.
- The new earth will not have any wickedness. All wickedness is cast into the lake of fire in the end.
- The righteous hath hope in our death. Death doesn’t phase us. We aren’t scared to die.
- Why? Because all our hope is in Jesus Christ. We have hope in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus.
 Proverbs 14:33 Wisdom resteth in the heart of him that hath understanding: but that which is in the midst of fools is made known.
- Within the heart of the wise, what will you find? WISDOM. It rests there. It’s within us. It’s peaceful.
- Wisdom is slow to anger. It is at rest. But folly that is within fools does not rest.
- It just comes out immediately. FOOLS blurt things out and everyone goes along with it.
- “Oh yeah, let’s do it. Let’s do something that is so stupid and ignorant and might kill us. Let’s do it.”
- That’s what fools do. Don’t be that way. RELAY ON WISDOM FROM GOD to guide you in this life.
 Proverbs 15:2 The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.
- This is truth. Every word of God is truth. You can see that this happens in this world.
- The mouth of fools POURS out foolishness. And they won’t stop. Just listen to CNN. They are fools.
- Listen to Paula White. She pours out foolishness constantly.
 Proverbs 14:34 Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.
- IN GOD WE TRUST will exalt a nation “IF” that nation actually trusts in God.
- The nation of Israel was exalted at one point because they trusted in God.
- When Joshua was leading, they trusted in God and they were exalted.
- When Jeroboam was leading, they started to fall and fast. Same thing with our country.
- We will be exalted IF we trust in God. We will be destroyed IF we do not trust in God.
And the destruction is coming because the vast majority of this nation HATES GOD and rejects Him.
- So be ready for destruction from God. SIN IS A REPROACH TO ANY PEOPLE.
- Sin is never good. But evil and wicked people think that it’s good.
- Killing babies in this country is seen as good and a great service to women throughout the country.
- Think about what actually happens. Innocent babies are ripped to pieces.
- Ripping innocent babies to pieces should make you sick, but it sure doesn’t for most people.
- No matter what, sin is a reproach to ANYONE. God is the judge of this.
- PAY BACK IS COMING FROM GOD. I can guarantee you that.
 Proverbs 14:35 The king’s favour is toward a wise servant: but his wrath is against him that causeth shame.
- GOD IS KING. His favor is toward a wise servant. Are you a wise servant? He that winneth souls is wise.
- Are you wise? Are you spreading the truth of God’s word? Are you winning souls with everlasting life?
- If so, God’s favor will be towards you. Don’t you want that? I want that for you.
- You don’t want to cause shame for God. King Saul caused God shame. He died for it.
- Others caused God shame, and they died for it. Ananias and Sapphira are another example.
- “GOD’S WRATH IS AGAINST HIM THAT CAUSETH SHAME.”
If you were a king, you would want wise servants like Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.
- Right? You would want faithful servants that are working for you every day.
- You would want servants that loved you and followed your words. Wouldn’t you?
- You would want servants that would do what you said or die. That’s what we want to be.
- We don’t want to be like Saul. We don’t want to go against God’s words.
- We don’t want to cause God shame because of our actions. So let’s get this right.
- Let’s do what He says. Let’s study with all that we have. Let’s stay faithful to Him every day.
- Let’s win souls to Jesus Christ by preaching the right Gospel. Let’s obtain God’s favor.