- Sermon Slides for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 3: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 3: PDF
- Audio MP3 for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 3: Audio
- Video MP4 for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 3: Video
 The title of the sermon today is “PROVERBS CHAPTER 3.” Let’s start there in verse 1.
Forget Not My Law
 Proverbs 3:1-2 My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments: 2 For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.
- For some reason, we usually just speed through the Book of Proverbs and we miss things.
- “My son, forget not my law, but let thine heart keep my commandments.”
- Notice what God says. If you don’t forget His law and keep His commandments, what does He promise?
- “For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.”
- “But what about the Corona virus? What about COVID-19? It’s going to kill me.”
- Not if God doesn’t want you to die. “For length of days, long life, and peace shall His law add to thee.”
 Psalm 4:5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the LORD.
 Psalm 115:11 Ye that fear the LORD, trust in the LORD: he is their help and their shield.
- Put your trust in the Lord. God says over and over again, “TRUST IN THE LORD.”
- Hey, listen, that’s a commandment. If you fear the Lord, trust in Him. He is your help. He is your shield.
- Keep His commandments and He will add a long life to you. He will extend your life.
- It’s not the Covid-19 vaccine that’s going to save you. It’s not the doctors who will save you.
That’s called putting your trust in something else other than the Lord.
- That’s called NOT following His commandments to TRUST HIM in all things.
- If you fear God like you should, you won’t enough fear left to fear anything else like Covid-19.
- “But Covid is going to shorten my life span.” Not if God has anything to say about it.
- Put your trust in Him because He is your help and your shield.
 Proverbs 4:10 Hear, O my son, and receive my sayings; and the years of thy life shall be many.
 Proverbs 9:11 For by me thy days shall be multiplied, and the years of thy life shall be increased.
 Psalm 34:11-14 Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD. 12 What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good? 13 Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile. 14 Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
- If you want to live longer, then you should TRUST IN THE LORD!!!
- If you want to live longer, you should stop fearing the Corona virus and start fearing God instead.
- Yes, this is what the Bible teaches. FEAR GOD and live longer.
- Fearing sickness and disease won’t help you live longer, but fearing God will.
- Always remember that God adds length of days, long life, and peace to you. He’s the one you need.
 Proverbs 3:3-4 Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart: 4 So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
- Have mercy for others as God had mercy on you.
- If someone does you wrong, and they are sorry for it, have mercy on them.
- Forgive them for what they’ve done. Don’t hate them for it. We all mess up. HAVE MERCY.
- God days to BIND MERCY ABOUT YOUR NECK. God’s words are truth.
- Put them around your neck. Write them upon your heart. Why?
- So you’ll find favor and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
- Remember that God had mercy on us. We need to have mercy on others.
Do you remember what happened with King David and Ittai the Gittite when Absalom took over?
- King David did not let mercy and truth forsake him. He was a truthful and merciful king.
- Let’s read about this in 2 Samuel Chapter 15.
 2 Samuel 15:14 And David said unto all his servants that were with him at Jerusalem, Arise, and let us flee; for we shall not else escape from Absalom: make speed to depart, lest he overtake us suddenly, and bring evil upon us, and smite the city with the edge of the sword.
 2 Samuel 15:15-17 And the king’s servants said unto the king, Behold, thy servants are ready to do whatsoever my lord the king shall appoint. 16 And the king went forth, and all his household after him. And the king left ten women, which were concubines, to keep the house. 17 And the king went forth, and all the people after him, and tarried in a place that was far off.
 2 Samuel 15:18 And all his servants passed on beside him; and all the Cherethites, and all the Pelethites, and all the Gittites, six hundred men which came after him from Gath, passed on before the king.
- The Gittites were strangers that were with David. But they served David and were faithful to him.
 2 Samuel 15:19-20 Then said the king to Ittai the Gittite, Wherefore goest thou also with us? return to thy place, and abide with the king: for thou art a stranger, and also an exile. 20 Whereas thou camest but yesterday, should I this day make thee go up and down with us? seeing I go whither I may, return thou, and take back thy brethren: mercy and truth be with thee.
- King David says to Ittai the Gittite, “I’m not going to make you go up and down with us.”
- “Return thou, and take back thy brethren. MERCY AND TRUTH BE WITH THEE.”
- King David treated those men well and that’s why they served King David.
- “So shalt thou find favor and good understanding in the sight of God and man.”
 2 Samuel 15:21 And Ittai answered the king, and said, As the LORD liveth, and as my lord the king liveth, surely in what place my lord the king shall be, whether in death or life, even there also will thy servant be.
- Ittai tells David, “We’re not going anywhere without you.”
- “Surely in what place my lord the king shall be, whether in death or life, that’s where I’ll be.”
- Do you see that? King David found favor with these Gittites because he had mercy on them.
- He spoke the truth to them. King David bound mercy and truth around his neck.
- And these men right there wouldn’t leave his side. They would fight to the death with him.
 Psalm 25:8-11 Good and upright is the LORD: therefore will he teach sinners in the way. 9 The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way. 10 All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies. 11 For thy name’s sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great.
- All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth. Our iniquities are great and yet God has mercy on us.
- And yet God teaches us the truth. And we don’t deserve it, but He is a merciful and truthful God.
- If we decide not to write mercy and truth upon our hearts, what happens? Let’s see.
You Don’t Want A Controversy With God
 Hosea 4:1 Hear the word of the LORD, ye children of Israel: for the LORD hath a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land.
- If you don’t have mercy, truth, and the knowledge of God, God will have a controversy with you.
- Think of the most fearful person you’ve ever known. You didn’t want a controversy with that person.
- That person that you feared the most should have been your father if you had a good one.
- Not everyone had the best father. But think of someone else you feared.
- You did not want a controversy with that person. Let me tell you this.
- You don’t want a controversy with God. Do what He says and place mercy and truth about your neck.
- And don’t forget it either. Watch what happens when you don’t do this. Next verse.
 Hosea 4:2-3 By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery, they break out, and blood toucheth blood. 3 Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwelleth therein shall languish, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away.
 Hosea 4:4-5 Yet let no man strive, nor reprove another: for thy people are as they that strive with the priest. 5 Therefore shalt thou fall in the day, and the prophet also shall fall with thee in the night, and I will destroy thy mother.
- That doesn’t sound too good, does it? “I WILL DESTROY THY MOTHER.”
 Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
- God will destroy your mother and forget about your children. That’s a warning.
- You don’t want to have mercy on others? You don’t want tell others the truth? Then get ready for it.
 Hosea 4:7-9 As they were increased, so they sinned against me: therefore will I change their glory into shame. 8 They eat up the sin of my people, and they set their heart on their iniquity. 9 And there shall be, like people, like priest: and I will punish them for their ways, and reward them their doings.
- You will be turned to shame God says. That’s the warning for not having mercy and truth within you.
- God will punish you for your ways. MERCY AND TRUTH are important God says. Don’t forget them.
- When you sin against God, you better ask for His mercy very quickly. And He is merciful.
 Micah 7:18-19 Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy. 19 He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.
- God delights in mercy. He wants you to be merciful to others who deserve that mercy.
- Does He have mercy on everyone no matter what and love everyone no matter what?
- No, watch what the next Scripture says in Micah Chapter 7.
 Micah 7:20 Thou wilt perform the truth to Jacob, and the mercy to Abraham, which thou hast sworn unto our fathers from the days of old.
- Who is Jacob and who is Abraham? They will get the truth, and they will get God’s mercy.
- Who are these people that God is talking about?
- Jacob is the child of FAITH. God hated Esau because he had no faith. They were twin brothers.
- God isn’t talking about all the Jews here. He’s talking about people of FAITH IN HIM.
- Those are the people that God gives mercy and truth too.
 Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
- MERCY and FAITH. Jacob had faith in God. Abraham had faith in God.
- The Pharisees right there are Jews. WOE UNTO THEM. Why? Because they have no faith.
- God will not have mercy on them because they have no faith. That’s why He says, “WOE UNTO YOU.”
- Woe is not good.
We are to have mercy on our brothers and sisters in Christ.
- When they mess up and are sorry for it, full mercy. “It’s okay. Now don’t do it again.”
- They mess up again and are sorry for it, fully mercy. “It’s okay. Now don’t do it again.”
- And over and over again. But don’t do it again. SIN IS NOT OKAY. We need to follow God and not sin.
- And God is a God of mercy and truth.
 Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
- I’ve said it before. The Book of Proverbs is a summary of the entire Bible.
- That’s why this book is filled with wisdom. It’s amazing. One verse should be enough for us.
- TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL THINE HEART. Don’t trust your own understanding.
- In ALL 100% of your ways acknowledge God, and He shall direct your paths. That’s what He promises.
- We need to understand this. The entire Bible commands us hundreds of times to simply trust God.
You might be having troubles, and you might say, “I’ve got to do this my way. God’s way isn’t working.”
- Yes, I’ve done that before. When the going got tough, I’ve retreated before.
- I said, “I don’t want any of that. RETREAT!!!” But that’s when I had little faith.
- The best way is to KEEP GOING ON GOD’S PATH. You will have troubles, but don’t stop.
 Job 13:13-15 Hold your peace, let me alone, that I may speak, and let come on me what will. 14 Wherefore do I take my flesh in my teeth, and put my life in mine hand? 15 Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.
- That’s what we need to be like. TRUST IN THE LORD NO MATTER WHAT.
- No matter what happens, I will fight to the death for MY LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST.
- Remember Ittai the Gittite. He’s going to fight to the death for King David.
- Job says, “Though He slay me, YET WILL I TRUST IN HIM.” That’s trusting in the Lord.
- Give your life up for God. Don’t be afraid because God says, “I’ve got you.”
 Job 13:16-18 He also shall be my salvation: for an hypocrite shall not come before him. 17 Hear diligently my speech, and my declaration with your ears. 18 Behold now, I have ordered my cause; I know that I shall be justified.
- Job says, “HEAR WHAT I’M SAYING!!! Open your ears.”
- “I know that I am justified.” Faith is what justifies us, and I know I am saved.
- So I trust the Lord with everything that I have. Trust in the Lord with all your heart.
 Psalm 62:8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
 Psalm 125:1 They that trust in the LORD shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever.
- Don’t you want to be like that? It doesn’t matter what this world thinks of you.
- They might come after you to destroy you. “Oh no, they got you fired for standing up for God.”
- “Oh no, you lost your job. Oh no, you lost your house that would rot anyway.”
- “Oh no, they tried to destroy you and give you a bad reputation.”
- “Oh no, they threw you into prison for standing up for God.”
I Cannot Be Removed “IF” I Trust In The Lord
I don’t care. You know why? BECAUSE I CANNOT BE REMOVED. I WILL ABIDE FOREVER.
- I WILL LIVE FOREVER and those evil and wicked people will be dead forever. So come at me.
- God is right here in the front of me. You’ll have to go through Him first. Good luck with that.
- God doesn’t come from behind. He’s out here in the front of me.
- You might kill my body, but you’re going to be surprised one day to find that I’m not dead.
- You’ll never kill me. YOU CAN’T. Why? Because God is God and you aren’t. He preserves me.
- He gave me life. He gave me everlasting life. Why? Not because I’m good.
- It’s simply because I trust in Him in all things. And you can have the same thing.
 Isaiah 12:2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
 Isaiah 26:3-4 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. 4 Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:
- My flesh might be weak BUT my SPIRIT is strong because it is the Lord’s SPIRIT.
- For in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength. NOW THAT’S STRONG!!!
- God is our salvation and our strength. It’s time to act like it, and it’s time to know it.
- It’s time to trust Him in ALL THINGS, and He will direct our paths. YES HE WILL DO THAT.
 Proverbs 3:7-8 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. 8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.
- Don’t believe that you are wise in your own eyes. We aren’t wise without God in any way.
- FEAR GOD. Depart from evil. That’s what the fear of God will do for you.
- When we fear God and depart from evil, health to our navel and marrow to our bones.
- It’s healthy for us to depart from evil and fear God. This is when we are truly wise.
- If we think we’re wise when have no fear of God and do evil, what does the Bible say?
 Proverbs 26:12 Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.
 Isaiah 5:21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!
 Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
- We’re fools if we think we’re on our own. WOE UNTO US. That’s what God teaches us.
- When we think we’re truly something on our own, WOE UNTO US.
- “That ye should not be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits.”
- God doesn’t want us to be ignorant of His words in the Bible. Go to Him for the answers.
 Romans 12:16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
- Over and over again God warns us to not be wise in our own conceits or your own imagination.
- Sometimes we think we’re very wise to our own selves but God knows the truth. HE IS WISE. We aren’t.
 1 Corinthians 3:18-20 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. 20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
- I don’t think highly of myself. When it comes down to it, I know that I need God and His wisdom.
- I can’t trust myself. I don’t know everything. I don’t know 1% of 1% of everything.
- God can taketh the wise in their own craftiness any time He wants. You can’t outsmart God.
- The thoughts of the wise are VAIN or worthless compared to God’s wisdom.
 1 Corinthians 4:10 We are fools for Christ’s sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised.
- With Christ, you are wise. Without Christ, we are absolutely nothing. “BUT YE ARE WISE IN CHRIST.”
 1 Corinthians 8:2-3 And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know. 3 But if any man love God, the same is known of him.
- It’s much wiser to just do what God says and that shows Him that you love Him.
- Some people would rather not love God by doing what He says.
- They think they know better than God. For example, all the churches with women pastors.
- “WE KNOW BETTER THAN GOD.” God said, “No women pastors.” They say, “We know better than God.”
- And it’s obvious: “They knoweth nothing.” Why do I know that? Because they don’t fear God at all.
But if you love God by following His commandments, you are known of Him.
- And if I’m known of God, I’ve got “THE” one and only God on my side. I don’t need anything else.
- Without Him on our side, we are nothing. We have no wisdom or knowledge of anything.
 Proverbs 3:9-10 Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: 10 So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.
- When you honor the Lord with your substance or everything you have, you will have plenty.
- When you honor the Lord with the firstfruits of all your increase, then your wine presses will burst out with new wine.
Do you ever put anything that God has given you back to work for Him? Do you honor Him with anything?
- If not, don’t expect to increase in anything.
- The Bible is filled with people giving offerings to God. They give their first 10% to God.
- Why is that? Because it’s God that is giving you all of that in the first place. It’s His to begin with.
- When you keep everything for yourself, you’re robbing God Almighty. You don’t want to do that.
 Malachi 3:8-9 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. 9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
- We should NEVER take from God. Do we think we’ll get by with that? No, of course not.
- What should we do instead? Let’s see.
 Malachi 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
 Malachi 3:11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.
- When we do what God says, He will protect us, take care of us, and increase us.
- The entire Bible matches with Proverbs Chapter 3 verses 9 and 10.
- “Honour the Lord with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of ALL thine increase.”
- “So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.”
- If you don’t want to honor God by giving what He says is His back to Him, listen to this.
 Haggai 1:4-5 Is it time for you, O ye, to dwell in your cieled houses, and this house lie waste? 5 Now therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways.
 Haggai 1:6-7 Ye have sown much, and bring in little; ye eat, but ye have not enough; ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink; ye clothe you, but there is none warm; and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes. 7 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways.
- Consider YOUR ways. If you are always out of everything you need, consider YOUR ways God says.
- In other words, change what you’re doing OR things will just get worse.
Do You Work Hard But Bring In Little?
You work so hard but you bring in little? Consider your ways.
- You eat but you aren’t satisfied. You drink but you aren’t filled with drink.
- You have clothes but you aren’t warm. You earn wages, but they seem to disappear.
- Your bag of earnings seems to have holes in it. “Thus saith the Lord of hosts; CONSIDER YOUR WAYS.”
- Your way is definitely not HIS way. Do it HIS WAY, and these things will not happen to you.
- Take pleasure in giving back to God, and He will be glorified in that and He will take care of you.
- And we can write many, many sermons on this, but we must keep going in Proverbs Chapter 3.
 Proverbs 3:11-12 My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction: 12 For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.
- Despise not the chastening or correction or punishment from the Lord.
- Do not be tried of Him correcting you and putting you back on the right path.
- If God didn’t love you, He wouldn’t chasten you or punish you or correct you for things.
- If your Father corrects you, this shows you He loves you and delights in you.
If you are doing evil and never get correction, you’ll keep doing those evil things.
- Would you rather God correct you, or would you rather Him let you keep going towards destruction?
- If you’re doing evil and never get correction from God, I would be worried about your salvation.
- Have you trusted in God to save you? If so, God will be chastening you for doing evil.
- This Scripture and doctrine is throughout the Bible, and it’s not difficult to understand.
- But I’ve heard preachers teach me in church that God would never punish you. What a lie.
 Job 5:17-18 Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: 18 For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole.
 Psalm 94:12-13 Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O LORD, and teachest him out of thy law; 13 That thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked.
- If you want rest from all of that correction, what would you do? You would learn what God wants.
- You would read and study His Bible as we’re doing right now. We need to know what He wants.
- THEN, we shall have rest. When we do what God wants, THEN we can rest easy.
 1 Corinthians 11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
 Hebrews 12:5-6 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: 6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
- But yet the false preachers will tell you that God doesn’t chasten you, punish you, or correct you.
- And that false preacher would be correct IF he’s preaching to unsaved people.
- And many of them are, and that’s what many of them want.
 Hebrews 12:7-8 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? 8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
 Hebrews 12:9-10 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? 10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
- So, yes, if you are saved and a true child of God, then God will punish you when you do wrong.
- He loves you. He’s trying to get you back on track. And yes, this doctrine is throughout the Bible.
 Revelation 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
- Please don’t listen to false preachers who tell you that you’ll never have trouble in this life ever again.
- The truth is that you will mess up. You will sin, and therefore you will be chastened of the Lord.
- And you should be thankful that God is correcting you. Without that, you would be in trouble.
- You would be like a bastard child that has no direction in life. That child has no father looking after them.
 Proverbs 3:13-16 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding. 14 For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. 15 She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her. 16 Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour.
- You can find wisdom in the word of God. So you don’t need a treasure map and go searching it out.
- It’s right there in the word of God. Happy is the man who findeth this wisdom and getteth understanding.
- The merchandise of wisdom and understanding is better than silver, fine gold, rubies.
- ANYTHING YOU DESIRE cannot be compared to wisdom and understanding.
- That’s the truth. And if you believe it, why are we always searching for other things? I do the same thing.
- Why are we doing that? Let’s focus on God’s word. We’ll receive length of days, riches, and honor.
 Proverbs 3:17-18 Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. 18 She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.
- The ways of wisdom and understanding are pleasantness.
- If you know the right ways, you’ll make good decisions. You’ll make good judgements.
- You’ll know when someone is trying to deceive you and lead you down the wrong path.
- If you take the right path, you’ll stay on the pleasant path to God which gives you peace within.
- Wisdom is a tree of life. The years of your life will be extended when you follow after wisdom.
 Psalm 119:103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
 Psalm 119:174 I have longed for thy salvation, O LORD; and thy law is my delight.
 Matthew 11:28-30 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
- We should delight in God’s word and His wisdom. God will give us peace and rest for our souls.
- His yoke and His burden is much easier than anything else in this life, and it’s not even close.
- Everything else but the one true God in this life will lead to destruction.
- There is no peace in destruction. There is nothing good in complete destruction.
- Don’t you want more life? Don’t you want to be alive? HAPPY is everyone that keeps God’s word.
 Proverbs 3:19-20 The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens. 20 By his knowledge the depths are broken up, and the clouds drop down the dew.
- To show you what God’s wisdom can do, He tells us that His wisdom founded the earth.
- By His understanding, the heavens were established. By His knowledge the depths are broken up.
- By His knowledge, the clouds drop down the dew. Have you really taken a look at the earth?
- His creation shows us His wisdom, understanding, and knowledge.
God’s Creation Shows His Wisdom
Have you taken a look at the sky? Have you taken a close look at the sun, moon, stars, and space?
- Have you seen what the sea is like? Do you understand how we have water?
- God brings us water. He gives us food. He supplies everything that we need.
- And He did all of that through His wisdom, knowledge, and understanding. You don’t want that?
- Yes, I want to understand. We need to cry out for His wisdom so we understand things.
- All of His creation, when you really close, is absolutely amazing. Take a close look, and you’ll see.
- Read Psalm Chapter 104 to understand more about how His creations works.
 Psalm 104:24 O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.
- In wisdom, God has made all of His creation. And He wants to share that wisdom with us.
- He could have been selfish about it. But no, He is a God that gives to those that love Him.
- And He is a cheerful giver. He doesn’t want to hold anything back. He wants to give it all to you.
 Proverbs 3:21-23 My son, let not them depart from thine eyes: keep sound wisdom and discretion: 22 So shall they be life unto thy soul, and grace to thy neck. 23 Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble.
- God is giving you the key to life. He doesn’t want you to stumble. Keep His words.
- Keep sound wisdom and discretion or good judgement. They will be life to your soul. Grace to your neck.
- You will walk safely with His words and with His path for you. Get off that path, and you will fall.
- This is why He constantly commands us to do what He says. He’s a great God who wants good for us.
- He doesn’t want to punish us or chasten us, but He does it to get us back on His path.
- And we should be so grateful for that. We thank God for caring so greatly for us.
 Proverbs 3:24-26 When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet. 25 Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh. 26 For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.
- If you’re afraid of everything but God, you have a great problem with faith.
- You need to go back to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and believe on Jesus Christ to save you.
- He’ll put His Spirit within you. You’ll read the word of God, and you won’t be afraid any more.
- When you lie down at night, you won’t be afraid. Your sleep will be sweet.
- The wicked won’t scare you. The murderers won’t scare you. Why?
- Because you’ll know that the Lord is your confidence. The Lord will keep your foot from being taken.
Do you believe what God says or not? If you don’t, then you’re essentially calling God a liar. You don’t want that.
- God is not a liar. If He was, we wouldn’t be here right now. But we are here. This means He is truth.
- You should believe everything He says. Go after God and His words will all that you have.
- And what is His promise? He will be your confidence, and He will keep your feet from being taken.
 1 Samuel 2:9 He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.
- God will keep you and preserve you. He will light the paths for your feet. He will order your steps.
 Psalm 91:11-12 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. 12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
- Isn’t that great to know? That’s knowledge from God. I need as much help from God as I can get.
- I know that God has sent angels to help me. How do I know? There’s things in my life that I can’t explain.
- There’s times in my life when I should have been dead. But God tells me right there.
- His angels are watching over me. His angels shall bear me up in their hands so I don’t hit my foot on a stone and fall.
 Psalm 94:18 When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up.
- I will not fall because God’s mercy is helping me up.
 Psalm 121:3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
- Some people believe that God isn’t watching or that He isn’t paying attention. Oh, He is watching.
- He’s not sleeping. He’s not tired. He’s watching over you while you’re sleeping at all times.
- He is your security camera. He is your ADT service. He is your police.
- He is all those things multiplied by infinity and beyond. He’s always working and never messes up.
- He didn’t miss the thief who broke into your home. He doesn’t miss anything.
 Psalm 121:5 The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
 Psalm 121:8 The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
- Hey, look, I believe what God says. I have faith in His words. He will preserve me at all times.
- He’s taking care of me. And that’s all I need to know. That gives me peace within.
- When I have trouble in this life, it’s my fault. I deserve every trouble that I receive.
- But I won’t be afraid because I know God has me. He sees what’s happening. He knows.
 Job 5:21-22 Thou shalt be hid from the scourge of the tongue: neither shalt thou be afraid of destruction when it cometh. 22 At destruction and famine thou shalt laugh: neither shalt thou be afraid of the beasts of the earth.
- I’m not going to be afraid of anything because God is in control.
- At destruction and famine, I’m going to laugh because I know God will protect and provide.
- If you truly believe what God says, then why would you ever be afraid.
- “Oh no, we don’t have any food. We’re going to die.” No, God is in control of all sources of food.
- No matter what the governments of this world believe, they aren’t in control.
- God gives and God takes away ANY TIME HE WANTS.
- God laughs at those people who think they have control. God laughs at Bill Gates.
 Psalm 27:1-2 A Psalm of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
- God has already proven this millions and millions of times. He did these things for David.
- David had a lot of trouble because of His own doings, but God was always there for Him.
- The enemies of David came to kill him over and over and over again. THEY STUMBLED AND FELL.
- David did not. God will keep the ways of those that love Him. He has your path planned out.
- And His path for you is best no matter what you think. Keep His words. Follow His words.
 Proverbs 3:27-28 Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it. 28 Say not unto thy neighbour, Go, and come again, and to morrow I will give; when thou hast it by thee.
- When your neighbor comes to you, needs something, and you have it close by, GIVE to your neighbor.
- Don’t say: “Well maybe come back tomorrow and I might give it to you then.” Don’t delay to do good.
- That’s evil. Be ready and prepared to do good at all times.
- Now again, we don’t give so someone can do evil. That’s not the point of this.
- Give good things that lead to good things. “WITHHOLD NOT GOOD FROM THEM.” Good. Good. Good.
- We don’t give things that lead to evil. We use God’s word to give good things.
 Galatians 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
 James 2:15-16 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
- God commands us to do good to those who are in need. If they need food and clothes, give it to them.
- Look, giving food and clothing is not evil to those who are in need and for those who are trying.
- The Bible also tells us that those who will not work will not eat.
- Giving food to those who will not work is simply leading them further down the wrong path.
- They need to get up and work because work is a commandment from God too. God works. We work.
- If God were lazy, we wouldn’t be here. Some people can’t get food and clothing. We help those people.
- We show them the word of God and what He says. Some people don’t know. We show them the truth.
 Proverbs 3:29-30 Devise not evil against thy neighbour, seeing he dwelleth securely by thee. 30 Strive not with a man without cause, if he have done thee no harm.
- Don’t do evil to your neighbor or to anyone. EVER. God never tells us to do any evil. God repays evil.
- Don’t make a plan against your neighbor. He is dwelling securely right next to you.
- Instead, do good to your neighbor. Not bad. Not evil.
Do Not Strive Without A Cause
Do not strive with a man without a cause. If he hasn’t done you any harm, do not strive with that man.
- But notice what God says EXACTLY. If the man has done you harm, God doesn’t command not to strive.
- For example, false preachers around here are doing great harm to all those around here including me.
- I will tell the truth about them, and I will strive with them if needed. They will be rebuked.
- A wise man will love that rebuke. A fool will hate that rebuke. The strife is created by the false preachers.
- They have created that strife with God. He didn’t create that strife. THEY DID.
 Romans 12:18-20 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. 19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. 20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
- We are to live in peace with all men IF possible.
- If someone is creating the strife, though, I won’t stand down. I won’t allow them to run all over me.
- If a murderer breaks into my home looking for blood, I will take that murderer out.
- Hopefully, that doesn’t happen, but I’m not scared. I will do what needs to be done.
- God didn’t give me the spirit of fear. You can’t take the word of God and twist it.
 2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
- Some so-called pastors will take that and say that you shouldn’t strive with anyone.
- Is that what happened with John the Baptist? Is that what happened with Paul? Peter?
- Is that what happened with Jesus Christ? The apostle John? Stephen? No, they stood up for God’s word.
- That’s not them causing the strife. That’s them standing up for the truth. TRUTH IS NOT STRIFE.
- LIES and DECEPTION cause the strife. It’s not God who caused the strife.
When Adam and Eve sinned, God didn’t shy away from telling them the truth.
- Adam and Eve caused the strife. Not God. So don’t allow preachers to twist God’s word and cause strife.
- “If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.”
- “Feed YOUR enemies. Give YOUR enemies drink. For in doing so thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.”
 Proverbs 3:31 Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways.
- Someone who steals from others, such as a false preacher, shouldn’t be envied.
- You shouldn’t be envious of that man or woman like Joyce Meyer and what she has.
- You shouldn’t want a golden toilet like hers.
- Do you know how many people want to be like Joyce Meyer so they can have what she has?
- I guarantee you that she replicated someone else that she loved and admired.
- That person is an oppressor. Joyce Meyer is an oppressor. CHOOSE NONE OF HER WAYS.
- Does she do some things right? No. Choose NONE of her ways.
Do you know how many times in my life that I’ve heard that we should replicate the successful people?
- Most of the highly successful people in this world HATE God Almighty.
- They are oppressing other people. Bill Gates wants people dead. He wants to control the population.
- He directly goes up against the word of God. “Replenish and multiply,” God says.
- Bill Gates says, “No.” We need to get rid of people. We need to stop babies from being born.
- CHOOSE NONE OF HIS WAYS.
 Proverbs 3:32-33 For the froward is abomination to the LORD: but his secret is with the righteous. 33 The curse of the LORD is in the house of the wicked: but he blesseth the habitation of the just.
- Don’t worry. God will take care of the froward who speak things against God.
- They are an abomination to the Lord. Do you really think they’ll bet by with that? No, they won’t.
- So you don’t need to worry about it. God knows. Someone does evil to you. God knows.
- God’s secret is with the righteous. We can read His words and understand what He’s saying.
- The evil and wicked people can’t do that. They don’t gain any Godly wisdom or knowledge. None.
- God blesses the righteous and curses the wicked. Understand that.
 Proverbs 17:15 He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.
- You will get condemned for believing God and His words. You will get condemned for standing up for God.
- The people who are doing these things to you are an ABOMINATION or greatly hated by God.
- You have many people today justifying the wicked.
- “It’s okay to be a homosexual. You’re justified in my sight.” God says it’s not okay to be a homosexual.
- The people justifying the evil and wicked things in this world are themselves abominations to God.
 Proverbs 3:34-35 Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto the lowly. 35 The wise shall inherit glory: but shame shall be the promotion of fools.
- People who despise God will be despised by Him. They hated Him first. He gave them chances.
- They reject Him. He’ll hate them for good. He scorneth the scorners. He repays evil.
- Don’t think that you’re higher than others. Be of lowly estate because you are lowly.
- You don’t live in the heavens. You aren’t from heaven. You’re from the earth.
 1 Peter 5:5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
- We are all to be subject to one another. The elder people here should be leading the younger.
- How? With their own wisdom? No, with the wisdom of God. Be humble. Be clothed with humility.
- Do not be proud. You actually have nothing to be proud of in your flesh. No one does.
- We can only give all the glory to God and no glory at all to ourselves.
Proverbs 3:35 says, “The wise shall inherit glory.” We didn’t get that glory from ourselves.
- We should be ashamed of what we’ve done in our life. We shouldn’t promote our shame.
- If we’re proud of our sin, we’re fools. “We’re foolish,” God says.
- God gives grace to the lowly who understand that they’ve done wrong and need forgiveness.
- And we’re only saved by the grace of God through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We have nothing to be proud of but God Almighty. Now Him, I am proud of Him.
- And I am not ashamed of Him. But me? I am ashamed of myself and what I’ve done in this life.
- But I am not ashamed of God. That is the end of this Proverbs Chapter 3 study.
- I hope you’re learning and receiving all of this wisdom from God.