- Sermon Slides for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 7: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 7: PDF
- Audio MP3 for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 7: Audio
- Video MP4 for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 7: Video
 The title of the sermon today is “PROVERBS CHAPTER 7.”
Verse By Verse Through Proverbs Chapter 7
- Today, we’re going to continue our detailed study through the Book of Proverbs.
- We’re going verse by verse and slowing down to learn as much as we can.
- Let’s start there in verse 1 of Proverbs Chapter 7.
 Proverbs 7:1 My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee.
- We get knowledge, wisdom, and understanding from God’s word and His commandments.
- MY SON, MY SON, MY SON. KEEP MY WORDS. KEEP MY WORDS. KEEP MY WORDS.
- We hear this commandment to keep His commandments over and over again.
Why would God continuously tell us to keep HIS WORDS?
- You should be seeing what’s going on in the world today. That verse is so important today.
- The churches aren’t keeping God’s words. They don’t even want to hear His words.
- God says this over and over and over again. KEEP “MY” WORDS. Why keep them?
 Luke 8:15-16 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience. 16 No man, when he hath lighted a candle, covereth it with a vessel, or putteth it under a bed; but setteth it on a candlestick, that they which enter in may see the light.
- These people on the GOOD GROUND hear the word and keep it. What happens?
- They bring forth fruit with patience. We keep spreading God’s word with patience.
- Most people don’t want to hear it, but we keep His words and spread His words.
- We don’t hide the light of Jesus Christ and HIS WORDS. We set His words on a candlestick.
- We magnify His words. We understand how important His words are to life.
- We understand that His words are life. They are the light of life.
 Luke 11:28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.
- Why keep God’s words? BLESSED ARE THEY THAT HEAR THE WORD OF GOD AND KEEP IT.
 John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
- If you hear the word of God and don’t want anything to do with it, you don’t love Jesus Christ.
- But if you’ll hear His words and keep His words, the Father AND the Son will love you.
- That’s what you want. You want to be loved by God Almighty. There is no greater love than that.
- Everyone in this world wants to be loved by someone. How about God Almighty?
- With His love, you don’t need any other love AT ALL. So keep His words. God promises you His love.
- Let’s continue in verse 2 of Proverbs Chapter 7.
 Proverbs 7:2 Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.
- Why should you keep God’s commandments? Because you’ll live. I want to live my life.
- I don’t want to be in constant pain, sickness, drunken, high, or any darkness like that.
- You should want to live your life. How? Keep God’s commandments. There’s nothing better.
And this is true. If you don’t follow God’s commandments, you risk dying a horrible death.
- Don’t even look at alcohol just like Proverbs Chapter 23 tells you.
- Don’t even look at illegal drugs. Don’t even think about taking legal drugs.
- Don’t even think about cigarettes. Don’t get addicted to anything but God’s law and live.
Look at the second part of that verse there: “Keep my law as the apple of thine eye.” What does that mean?
- “The apple of thine eye.” Or the aperture of your eye or the pupil of your eye.
- What does your pupil do? It allows LIGHT into your eye. God’s law is light.
- Keep His law as the light of your eye. Don’t let anything else be seen by your eyes.
- Keep His commandments as the apple of your eye.
 Proverbs 6:23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:
- God’s commandments are a lamp and His law is light. Let the light into your eyes. See His words.
- Allow God to light your path through His instructions to you. He tells us what to do.
- If we’ll simply do what He says, we have a plan for our lives that will not fail. We’ll never fall.
- Some people never know what to do with their life. God’s plan for you is within this Bible.
- Keep His commandments and live. Let’s continue in verse 3 of Proverbs Chapter 7.
 Proverbs 7:3 Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart.
- Now we see to bind God’s commandments or His words upon your fingers.
- Write them upon the table of your heart. Other Scriptures tell us to bind them about our neck.
 Deuteronomy 6:6-7 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: 7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
 Deuteronomy 6:8-9 And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes. 9 And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.
- We should be seeing His words all throughout the days. We need His words to live.
- Understand that. When you get away from God’s word, you’ll be in trouble.
- If you can listen to God’s words throughout the day, do so. Listen with headphones if you must.
- Listen on a speaker system. Get HIS WORDS into your head and into your heart.
- The Bible says upon your heart, around your neck, between your eyes, into your eyes, into your ears,
- Upon your fingers, upon your hands, throughout your house, EVERYWHERE.
 2 Corinthians 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
- God doesn’t mean to actually write the commandments on your body.
- NOT IN TABLES OF STONE, but in fleshy tables of the heart. Believe on Jesus, and you get God’s Spirit.
- His Spirit will help you keep His words in fleshy tables of the heart.
 Proverbs 7:4 Say unto wisdom, Thou art my sister; and call understanding thy kinswoman:
- Wisdom and understanding will be like the closest kin person you have.
- You should keep wisdom and understanding VERY CLOSE to you each and every day.
- Wisdom and understanding is God’s word. And you get that through the Spirit of God.
Choice: Walk In The Spirit And Not The Flesh
Choose to walk in the SPIRIT and not in the FLESH. Walking in the flesh is not wise.
- Choosing things of the flesh of this world over spiritual things of God is not wise AT ALL.
- And what is a fleshly things of this world? The next verse is leading up to this.
- Remember, Solomon says in verse 1 of this chapter, “MY SON, keep my words.”
- Well, let’s see what the first 4 verses in the chapter are leading up to here.
 Proverbs 7:5 That they may keep thee from the strange woman, from the stranger which flattereth with her words.
- So again, we see God warning us to stay away from the strange woman.
- The strange woman will flatter the man with her words and talk him into things he shouldn’t be doing.
- All of those things will be fleshly desires of the man. That would not be walking in the Spirit.
 Galatians 5:16-17 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
- Do not walk in the flesh. All of those desires are going against the Spirit. They are opposites.
- They are contrary one to the other.
- If you choose your desires in this world, that’s called walking in the flesh.
- And then you can’t do the good things that you would do.
- Don’t let the strange woman trick you and deceive you with her words.
 Proverbs 7:6-7 For at the window of my house I looked through my casement, 7 And beheld among the simple ones, I discerned among the youths, a young man void of understanding,
- Now we see someone looking through the window of their home and watching what is happening.
- This person sees a young man that is void of understanding. He is a simple one. He is a youth.
- A simple one is someone who doesn’t think about anything.
- They don’t understand that their actions affect others.
For example, a simple one is one that almost hits someone coming across the yellow line because they’re texting and then just continues to text.
- Simple ones don’t understand that a vehicle can kill someone instantly. They could care less.
- They have no understanding. But they can sure text stupid messages to people all day long.
- But they could care less that they almost ended someone’s life.
- Drinking and driving is done by simple ones without understanding.
You can become wise by first believing on Jesus Christ. You don’t want to be a simple one.
- You gain wisdom and knowledge through God’s words. Then you aren’t simple any more.
- Then you gain understanding and you see that your actions affect other people greatly.
- You should always want to do good to others. You should know what’s wrong and right.
- When you know what’s wrong, you can stay away from those things.
 Romans 16:18-19 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple. 19 For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.
- The simple are deceived by false preachers that serve not OUR LORD Jesus Christ.
- They will say that they serve Jesus Christ, but they made up their own version of Jesus Christ.
- Their Jesus Christ is not CHRIST the Savior of the world. Their Jesus is some other Jesus.
- Their Jesus has different characteristics and says different words than the Jesus in the Bible.
- And those evil men and women cause division from God because they lie about God.
- Through their “GOOD WORDS” and “FAIR SPEECHES” they deceive the hearts of the simple.
All of these people who continue to support false churches and false preachers are simple.
- That means they don’t have wisdom and understanding from God Almighty.
- They don’t understand that God hates liars. He hates false preachers who tell lies about Him.
- READ THE BIBLE. God does not love those liars. HE HATES THEM.
- God is not a simple one. You can’t deceive Him. He’s got something in store for those liars.
- If the simple would turn to God and listen to His words, they would see the lies.
- And they wouldn’t be deceived. God doesn’t want you to be deceived.
- That’s why He left us with His words. He gives us the truth. Anything different from the truth is a lie.
So, we’re going to see an example in Proverbs Chapter 7 of a simple one being deceived.
- This is a young man who doesn’t know God’s word.
- And watch what happens as this person watches this young man through the window.
 Proverbs 7:8-9 Passing through the street near her corner; and he went the way to her house, 9 In the twilight, in the evening, in the black and dark night:
- This young man passes through the street near this strange woman’s house.
- It’s in the twilight of the evening when it’s going black and dark at night.
- Stay out of the darkness. Don’t go near that dark street corner. You know evil lies there.
- Don’t go that way. Stay away from the paths of the wicked.
- People attempt to hide in the dark. That’s why most of the evil and wicked things are done in the night.
 Job 24:13-14 They are of those that rebel against the light; they know not the ways thereof, nor abide in the paths thereof. 14 The murderer rising with the light killeth the poor and needy, and in the night is as a thief.
 Job 24:15-16 The eye also of the adulterer waiteth for the twilight, saying, No eye shall see me: and disguiseth his face. 16 In the dark they dig through houses, which they had marked for themselves in the daytime: they know not the light.
 Job 24:17 For the morning is to them even as the shadow of death: if one know them, they are in the terrors of the shadow of death.
- The evil and wicked person doesn’t like the light of the day because people will see them.
- The false churches don’t like to worship in the light. They like to turn out all the lights so people can hide.
- They’ll even say: “We turn out all the lights so people will feel more comfortable.”
- Evil and wicked people love the darkness. The false churches love the darkness. “You can’t see us.”
- “You can’t even see the words in your own Bible if you want to look at Scripture during worship.”
- It’s evil and it’s wicked. Don’t attempt to worship God in darkness.
We see this young man in the dark of the night as he goes towards the strange woman’s house and her corner.
- People like to do evil and wicked things in the darkness, but God sees everything.
- He sees through the darkness. He doesn’t miss anything. You aren’t getting away with anything.
 Proverbs 7:10 And, behold, there met him a woman with the attire of an harlot, and subtil of heart.
- BEHOLD, a woman with the attire of an HARLOT meets this young man there.
- She is subtil at heart. What’s that mean? She is crafty, sly, cunning, delicate, deceitful, and treacherous.
- She acts as if she wouldn’t hurt a fly. She is very deceiving and welcoming to this young man.
But notice that the Bible very clearly says she is wearing the attire of an harlot.
- This must mean that these type of women can be recognized by what they are wearing.
- What do you think a harlot would wear? It’s going to be something that gets attention from men.
- Anything that shows off what they have will get attention from some men that want that kind of woman.
 2 Kings 9:30 And when Jehu was come to Jezreel, Jezebel heard of it; and she painted her face, and tired her head, and looked out at a window.
- She painted her face. Tired her head means she put decorations and ornaments on her head.
 Isaiah 3:16-17 Moreover the LORD saith, Because the daughters of Zion are haughty, and walk with stretched forth necks and wanton eyes, walking and mincing as they go, and making a tinkling with their feet: 17 Therefore the Lord will smite with a scab the crown of the head of the daughters of Zion, and the LORD will discover their secret parts.
 Isaiah 3:18-20 In that day the Lord will take away the bravery of their tinkling ornaments about their feet, and their cauls, and their round tires like the moon, 19 The chains, and the bracelets, and the mufflers, 20 The bonnets, and the ornaments of the legs, and the headbands, and the tablets, and the earrings,
 Isaiah 3:21-23 The rings, and nose jewels, 22 The changeable suits of apparel, and the mantles, and the wimples, and the crisping pins, 23 The glasses, and the fine linen, and the hoods, and the vails.
- A harlot would wear anything to get the attention of a man.
- Tinkling with their feet. High heels to make loud noise as they walk by.
- Tinkling ornaments, cauls, head dresses, chains, bracelets, and all of these ornaments.
- They dress themselves up for attention.
 Isaiah 23:16 Take an harp, go about the city, thou harlot that hast been forgotten; make sweet melody, sing many songs, that thou mayest be remembered.
- They would take harps around and make sweet noises to gain attention.
 Jeremiah 4:30 And when thou art spoiled, what wilt thou do? Though thou clothest thyself with crimson, though thou deckest thee with ornaments of gold, though thou rentest thy face with painting, in vain shalt thou make thyself fair; thy lovers will despise thee, they will seek thy life.
 Revelation 17:4-5 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: 5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
- What do men and women do today to gain attention? It’s not just the women.
- They walk around naked. The Bible defines nakedness from the loins to the thighs.
- From the waist to the knees. Short shorts are going to get attention.
- Bikinis are going to get attention. Spandex is going to get attention.
- You’re not wearing spandex so you walk your mile in 3 fewer seconds.
- You aren’t running around half naked to you can improve your time.
- You’re wearing those things to get attention.
What’s The Difference In The Grocery Store And Public Pool?
People will not go to the grocery store in their underwear (some will) but they will wear less than that at the pool.
- What’s the difference? You’re out in public in both examples.
- You wouldn’t wear underwear to your son’s baseball game but you’ll wear less to his pool party.
- You’ll show everything you have at the pool. Why is that? You shouldn’t be. It’s not okay.
- This world has just made it normal to be naked at the pool.
- And yes, showing your thighs is God’s definition of naked. HARLOT’S DO THE SAME THING.
- Don’t be like a harlot or a whore. Do you think God is happy with that? No, He isn’t.
So, if you catch yourself wanting to wear something that gains attention just understand the type of people you’re drawing in.
- You’ll be drawing attention from the people who want a harlot or a whore.
- As a young woman, you don’t want a man that seeks after harlots and whores.
- Let’s say you end up marrying that man. He’ll just go out and seek after harlots and whores again.
- Is that what you want? NO, IT’S NOT. So don’t seek attention by wearing the attire of a harlot.
- Don’t be a strange woman to God. Don’t be an abomination to God.
- This is what we see in this example in Proverbs Chapter 7. Let’s see what else this woman is like.
 Proverbs 7:11-12 (She is loud and stubborn; her feet abide not in her house: 12 Now is she without, now in the streets, and lieth in wait at every corner.)
- This woman is LOUD and STUBBORN. She doesn’t stay at home to take care of the house.
- She’s always out somewhere. She’s out in the streets at this point. She’s searching out the young men.
- She’s looking to trap them. Don’t be a loud and stubborn woman. What’s that mean?
 Proverbs 9:13 A foolish woman is clamorous: she is simple, and knoweth nothing.
- Clamorous is speaking and repeating loud words. NOISY. Turbulent. Loud and stubborn. Won’t listen.
- Knows everything so you can’t tell her anything. But God says she is actually SIMPLE and FOOLISH.
- You don’t want to be like that.
 Proverbs 25:24 It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman and in a wide house.
- If you’re always yelling at your husband, that’s called a brawling woman.
- The wise man would rather go live in the corner of the attic than to deal with a woman like this.
 Proverbs 27:15 A continual dropping in a very rainy day and a contentious woman are alike.
- Men who follow God don’t want to be around a contentious woman.
- It’s like a continuous dropping on a very rainy day. In other words, she never shuts her mouth.
- A Godly man wants a woman who covers her nakedness and is only looking for his attention.
- A Godly man wants a woman that is going to listen to him and follow his lead on everything.
- A Godly man doesn’t want a loud, noisy, and stubborn woman who constantly want to argue with him.
- And guess what? GOD DOESN’T WANT THOSE THINGS IN HIS WOMEN EITHER.
- This harlot wasn’t at home caring for her home. She was out and about looking to capture a man.
 Genesis 18:9 And they said unto him, Where is Sarah thy wife? And he said, Behold, in the tent.
- I love that Scripture right there. Abraham, where is your wife Sarah? “She’s in the tent.”
- In other words, when Jesus showed up in person, Sarah was where she was supposed to be.
- She was caring for their home and their family. “BEHOLD, she’s in the tent.”
 1 Timothy 5:13-14 And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not. 14 I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully.
- God doesn’t want women wandering around like harlots. Going house to house and not working.
- He doesn’t want women to be tattlers, gossiping, busybodies. Marry, bear children, guide the house.
- The husband goes to work. The wife guides the house.
- That’s a great job to have and a huge responsibility. It takes a lot of work.
- That job is not being done anymore. The women have left the home to guide itself.
- The men have allowed these things and encourage these things. The children have no guide.
 Titus 2:3-4 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; 4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
 Titus 2:5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
- In other words, this harlot in Proverbs Chapter 7 is nothing like a Godly woman.
- Sarah was a Godly woman who did what her husband Abraham asked her to do.
 1 Peter 3:5-6 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands: 6 Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.
- Listen, as women, you can do this or not. This isn’t coming from me. It’s coming from God.
- You can continue to ignore God and be a contentious woman who does what you want.
- OR, you can obey God and His words and do as your Godly husband asks you to do.
- “Well, I don’t want to. Then be like the harlot who is loud, noisy, and wants to argue.”
- Don’t you want to be what God wants you to be? HE MADE YOU. Fulfill what He made you to be.
- And I promise you that you’ll be so much happier and joyful in your life.
 Genesis 18:19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
- Allow your husband to COMMAND his household. That’s the job God gave the husband.
- Be in subjection to your husband and allow him to lead. Don’t make it harder than it already is.
- Let’s see what else this harlot does in Proverbs Chapter 7.
 Proverbs 7:13-14 So she caught him, and kissed him, and with an impudent face said unto him, 14 I have peace offerings with me; this day have I payed my vows.
- Look, this woman is deceiving this young man. She acts as if she is good.
- She catches him, kisses him, and uses an impudent face or a shameless face. She is bold and saucy.
- She has no modesty. She doesn’t blush. She’s brazen and bold-faced.
- She says, “I have peace offerings with me. This day have I payed my vows.”
- She’s saying, “I am a good religious girl. I have peace offerings with me.”
- What’s a peace offering?
 Leviticus 7:11-12 And this is the law of the sacrifice of peace offerings, which he shall offer unto the LORD. 12 If he offer it for a thanksgiving, then he shall offer with the sacrifice of thanksgiving unleavened cakes mingled with oil, and unleavened wafers anointed with oil, and cakes mingled with oil, of fine flour, fried.
 Leviticus 7:13-14 Besides the cakes, he shall offer for his offering leavened bread with the sacrifice of thanksgiving of his peace offerings. 14 And of it he shall offer one out of the whole oblation for an heave offering unto the LORD, and it shall be the priest’s that sprinkleth the blood of the peace offerings.
 Leviticus 7:15-16 And the flesh of the sacrifice of his peace offerings for thanksgiving shall be eaten the same day that it is offered; he shall not leave any of it until the morning. 16 But if the sacrifice of his offering be a vow, or a voluntary offering, it shall be eaten the same day that he offereth his sacrifice: and on the morrow also the remainder of it shall be eaten:
- This harlot says, “I have peace offerings with me. I have payed my vows.”
- In other words, “I have food with me that I need to eat this same day. Come inside and eat with me.”
- “Come and have dinner with me.” That’s the first step. She’ll deceive you and trick you.
- She doesn’t want to have dinner with you. She wants something else.
 Proverbs 7:15 Therefore came I forth to meet thee, diligently to seek thy face, and I have found thee.
- These strange women will seek out the men they know they can deceive.
- They will diligently seek after those men. They won’t seek after Godly men who reject them.
- They will find the simple young man without understanding. The harlot continues speaking in verse 16.
 Proverbs 7:16-18 I have decked my bed with coverings of tapestry, with carved works, with fine linen of Egypt. 17 I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon. 18 Come, let us take our fill of love until the morning: let us solace ourselves with loves.
- In other words, the harlot is enticing this simple man. “I have everything ready just for you.”
- My bed is ready for you. It’s fancy and has fine linen. “It’s very soft in my bed. It’s like heaven.”
- “My bed smells amazing, and it’s ready for you.”
- “COME LET US TAKE OUR FILL OF LOVE UNTIL THE MORNING.”
- “Let us solace ourselves with loves.” That means to let us comfort each other with love.
- And this is exactly what the world is doing today. The world calls this love.
- But we know that fornication and adultery is not love. It’s not going to help you feel better.
 2 John 6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.
- Love is following God’s commandments.
- Allowing fornication and adultery is not one of His commandments.
- So, it’s not loving like this strange women is telling this simple young man. It’s actually HATE.
- They don’t love each other by breaking God’s commandment. Fornication is HATE. Adultery is HATE.
- It’s not good for anyone involved and it will lead to nothing BUT heartache, pain, and death.
 1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
- Again, sinning in any way is not love. Sin goes against God and God is love. His ways are love.
- What this woman is doing is not love.
- When men and women go out and pick up strange men and women, this is not love.
- When you lust after someone for their body, this is not love AT ALL.
- The world groups it into love, but it’s not love when it goes against God’s commandments.
Sodomites Do Not Love Each Other Because They Are Breaking God’s Rule
For example, a sodomite man doesn’t love his partner. He actually hates his partner.
- They can attempt to fool themselves all they want, but it’s not love. It’s hate.
- And you can whatever you want and call me crazy all you want, but that’s what God says.
- And I’ll let you argue with Him one day. YOU WON’T.
- When He finally appears to you, you’ll shut your mouth and agree with Him.
- He is a fearful God, and you don’t want to call Him a liar.
Sodomites who think they are loving each other are calling God a liar in the Scriptures.
- He says that sodomy is an abomination to Him that He greatly hates.
- Sodomy is a form of fornication because two men can never be married in God’s eyes.
- God says that marriage is between ONE MAN and ONE WOMAN. That’s it. End of discussion.
- It doesn’t matter what a state says or what the federal government says. GOD WINS.
- So again, this strange harlot woman is enticing this man and telling him it will be so LOVING.
- “I love you so much” is what she’s saying to him. But she doesn’t love him AT ALL. Not one bit.
 Proverbs 7:19-20 For the goodman is not at home, he is gone a long journey: 20 He hath taken a bag of money with him, and will come home at the day appointed.
- So now we see even more about what’s going on here.
- The goodman of the house, possibly her husband, is not at home. He won’t be home for a while.
- She’s saying, “It’s okay to come on in the goodman’s house because he won’t be here for a long while.”
- “There’s no chance of us being caught. He’s going to be home at the appointed time which isn’t tonight.”
- “He took plenty of money with him to spend so he’s not coming back for a while.”
Men and women in this world today are doing these same things behind their spouses back.
- Happens constantly. It’s happening with hundreds and hundreds of people right now all over this world.
- Don’t ever do this. Don’t sneak behind the back of your spouse or boyfriend or girlfriend.
- This is evil and wicked. God says so over and over again. If you go against God, you’re hating God.
- You have no love for God when you go against Him.
- Committing the act of fornication or adultery is hating God. And let me give you this warning today.
 Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;
 Deuteronomy 7:10-11 And repayeth them that hate him to their face, to destroy them: he will not be slack to him that hateth him, he will repay him to his face. 11 Thou shalt therefore keep the commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments, which I command thee this day, to do them.
- You should never go after strange men and women who are not yours. You shouldn’t lust after them.
- You shouldn’t try your hardest to be with them. They aren’t yours. Cut that thought off immediately.
- Don’t even think about it. You don’t want God to repay you to your face and destroy you.
- He will not be slack to those who hate Him. Therefore, keep His commandments.
 Exodus 20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.
 Exodus 20:15 Thou shalt not steal.
 Exodus 20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.
- Adultery is evil and wicked. You are not only committing adultery but you’re stealing from someone else.
- And you’re not only doing that but you’re coveting your neighbor’s wife or husband.
- Don’t go after anything that is your neighbor’s. Do not covet. That’s a wicked sin.
- Yes, it’s easy to give into these types of things in the flesh. But don’t walk in the flesh.
 Proverbs 7:21 With her much fair speech she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him.
- Even if this young man was declining, this evil harlot wouldn’t stop. She wouldn’t give up.
- I’ve had friends before who wouldn’t take no for an answer. I don’t want to do that. “Come on man.”
- No, I’m not doing it. “Come on. Just this one time. Just have some fun.” No, not doing it.
- And he just kept on and on and on and on. Wouldn’t stop. No joke.
- You could say no 100 times one day, and he’d be back the next day trying to get you do it the next day.
- If you withheld him the next day, you would have to do the day after and the week after.
That’s what this woman is like. “With her MUCH fair speech she caused him to yield.”
- Evil people will continue to entice you to do evil things. They won’t stop. They’ll make it sound great.
- This woman continues to use the flattery of her lips to force this young man to do what she wants.
- So listen, don’t fall for that flattery. Churches use flattery all the time on people.
- People don’t even know what a church believes and they’ll keep going just to receive flattery.
Some denominations have women filling the church that are dressing like harlots.
- Did you not hear what a harlot dresses like from the Bible? FANCY. Wants attention.
- Expensive clothing. Hair decorations. Tinkling feet with their expensive shoes. Expensive purses.
- Got to buy an expensive dress to wear once at each holiday throughout the year.
They love to get the compliments from people. They love to draw the attention.
- They learn to flatter each other with their lips. They turn into these evil and strange women.
- They ignore all the words of the Bible about dressing in these ways and wearing these things.
- The men of the church are lusting after the other women. They’re saying nasty things to the women.
- They’re hugging all over the women. They love to touch each other and get close to each other.
No, stay away. Men, don’t touch my wife. Women, don’t touch me. I’ll touch my wife. I’ll hug my wife.
- My wife will touch me. My wife will hug me. We don’t need weird things going on here.
- You have your wife. I’ve got my wife. You’ve got your husband. My wife has her husband.
- It’s very weird for a man to come up and hug another woman and pick her up and pull her close to him.
- There was a weirdo in our last church that would do that. He was just like creepy Joe Biden.
- One of our neighbors who didn’t even know my wife (about a year ago) came up and hugged my wife.
- Pam was like, “What are you doing?” He never met her before. But he was that kind of man.
- But he didn’t know who he was messing with. Don’t touch my wife. I’m watching.
 Exodus 34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:
 Deuteronomy 4:24 For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.
- That’s right. I’m a jealous husband just like God is a jealous God.
- You touch my wife, and we’re going to have a problem.
You’ll hear these total idiots out in this world today.
- “Well, I’m not a jealous man so my wife can go out to the bars and do what she wants.”
- I’ve heard this stuff before in my life.
- “I’m not a jealous wife so my husband can go out with the guys and get drunk and hit on other women.”
- “It doesn’t bother me.” That’s what they say.
Hey, if that doesn’t bother you, then you don’t love your husband or your wife. You’re a sicko.
- The world tells you that you shouldn’t be jealous of your husband or wife.
- Is that what God says? No, it isn’t. You and your spouse are ONE FLESH. So don’t touch my flesh.
- She’s mine, and she’s not yours. SO STAY AWAY. That’s how all spouses should be.
- If a another man keeps touching a woman, the woman should tell that man to stay away.
- And if the man doesn’t listen to the women, it’s time for HER MAN to step into the picture.
When Pam was 16 years old, a co-worker of hers wouldn’t leave her alone and kept touching her.
- She tells him to stop. He won’t listen. She tells me. So I take care of it. I gave him a warning.
- Don’t touch her again or something bad is going to happen. Weirdo.
- Guess what? He didn’t bother her any more. And yes, I would have taken care of it.
- We weren’t married yet, but she was my girlfriend and she was with me. And she will always be mine.
- That’s how it should be. We need to act more like that. ACT LIKE YOU’RE ONE WITH YOUR SPOUSE.
Don’t let some weird woman or man entice you with their flattering lips.
- “Oh, you look so amazing.” And then the person thinks, “Well, my husband never tells me that.”
- “This other man really appreciates me.” Oh, get over yourself. It’s not all about you.
- The world makes the woman think that their husband is not being as good to them as they should be.
- “My husband went to Jared and got me this beautiful diamond ring. What did yours get you?”
- And women will fall for this trash. They’ll think: “Well, my husband doesn’t love me like he should.”
- LOVE ISN’T ALL ABOUT YOU GETTING EVERYTHING YOU WANT. Ut’s actually nothing like that.
Love Is Following God’s Commandments
Love is following God’s commandments and God doesn’t have a command for the husband to buy jewelry so the wife feels more loved.
- Love is not material things. Love is nothing like that. Love is doing what God says.
- Why? Because doing what God says is what’s best for your spouse.
- And this strange woman in Proverbs Chapter 7 is definitely not looking out for the goodman of the house.
- She’s looking for pleasure for herself. She doesn’t care about the goodman or this young man.
 Proverbs 7:22-23 He goeth after her straightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the stocks; 23 Till a dart strike through his liver; as a bird hasteth to the snare, and knoweth not that it is for his life.
- This young man gives in and goes after her with all that he has. She talks him into it.
- And the Bible says this is just like an ox going towards the slaughter.
- That ox didn’t know what was coming. That young man didn’t know what he was getting into.
- He had no understanding. He’s a fool without God’s word and His wisdom to lead him.
- A dart will strike through his liver. Like a bird hurrying up to be trapped and caught.
- This woman is taking his life, and he doesn’t even realize it. He’s listening to his flesh and his desires.
This world will tell you to go after what you want. Always do what’s best for you.
- That’s the opposite of what God says. This young man and this strange woman are examples of this.
- They’re doing what feels good to them. And this young man’s life is being strangled away from him.
- Don’t EVER fall for this. Listen to the words of the Bible. God knows better than you. Listen to Him.
 Proverbs 7:24 Hearken unto me now therefore, O ye children, and attend to the words of my mouth.
- God is saying, “Listen my little children. Attend to the words of my mouth.”
- These Scriptures are straight from the mouth of our ALL MIGHTY GOD. He is eternal.
- Our entire life is but a vapor to Him. He’s been here forever and He is never ending.
- He knows more than you. Trust His words.
 Proverbs 7:25 Let not thine heart decline to her ways, go not astray in her paths.
- Do not decline to her ways. Don’t go down her path. Don’t even go near her house or corner. STAY AWAY.
- If you ever find yourself in a similar situation, RUN THE OTHER WAY. Just take off running.
- And never look back. Get away from the paths of these strange men and women. Why?
 Proverbs 7:26-27 For she hath cast down many wounded: yea, many strong men have been slain by her. 27 Her house is the way to hell, going down to the chambers of death.
- You don’t want to go that way. Some people laugh and think doing evil is fun.
- “Well, I’m going to hell anyway so I might as well have fun now.”
- I actually think I may have said that in my own life before. It was a long time ago.
- But I was falling for the things of this world. I was listening to the world and not listening to God.
- You don’t want to go that way. TRUST ME. Not a good way. You will be hurt.
The Bible says in verse 26: “For she cast down MANY wounded. Yea, many STRONG men have been slain by her.”
- Think of the men of God in the Bible who fell for these women. Women took them down.
- Samson was taken down by women. One of the strongest men ever was taken down by a woman.
- Remember that men. We like to think we’re strong but women can take you down easily.
- STRANGE WOMEN, harlots, whores, Jezebel. Don’t fall for their flattering words.
- Her house is the way to hell. You don’t want to go there. Stick to the one God gave you.
- And be happy with that ONE. Don’t go after another. It’s not going to make you happier.
- It actually takes you DOWN to the chambers of death. No one wants that.