- Sermon Slides for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 8: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 8: PDF
- Audio MP3 for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 8: Audio
- Video MP4 for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 8: Video
 The title of the sermon today is “PROVERBS CHAPTER 8.”
Verse By Verse Bible Study In Proverbs Chapter 8
- We’re going to continue our verse by verse Bible study through the Book of Proverbs.
- Let’s start there in verse 1 of Proverbs Chapter 8.
 Proverbs 8:1 Doth not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice?
- Wisdom is crying out. Wisdom is putting forth her voice. Who is she crying out to?
- She’s crying out to us. Wisdom is made into this person so we understand better.
- Do you remember Proverbs Chapter 1? Watch what this says.
 Proverbs 1:20-22 Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets: 21 She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying, 22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
- Wisdom wants us to hear her words. Are you listening? She is crying out to you.
- With wisdom comes understanding. If you won’t hear the words of wisdom, you’ll have no understanding.
- God is telling us to listen to His words.
 Proverbs 9:1-3 Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars: 2 She hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table. 3 She hath sent forth her maidens: she crieth upon the highest places of the city,
 Proverbs 9:4-6 Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him, 5 Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled. 6 Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.
- So, we’re going to continue to see wisdom crying out to us. We are simple, but God is not.
- Do you want understanding? Do you want wisdom? If you don’t, what’s wrong with you?
- Forsake the foolish, and live. Go in the way of understanding.
 Isaiah 55:1-2 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. 2 Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.
- Come to God. Come to wisdom. Come to understanding. Eat that which is good. The word of God is good.
- Let’s continue in Proverbs Chapter 8 verse 2 and see what this person of wisdom is doing.
 Proverbs 8:2-3 She standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths. 3 She crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors.
- She doesn’t stop crying out to men and women on this earth. God wants all to be saved.
- So wisdom is standing in the top of high places. She stands in the way of the places of the paths.
- She’s crying out at the gates. She’s crying out at the entries of the cities.
- She stands there at the coming in of the doors. She doesn’t hide the truth or only tell it to some.
 John 18:20 Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing.
- Jesus didn’t hide any of His words. He didn’t speak them in secret. WISDOM doesn’t speak in secret.
 Acts 20:20-21 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house, 21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Paul didn’t hold back anything. We shouldn’t be holding back anything. We should be teaching.
- We should be telling the truth. Once you have God’s wisdom, you can’t hide it. It has to come out.
 Luke 11:33 No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light.
- Let out the words of wisdom. Give out the Gospel to everyone you see. Don’t hide it. Don’t make it secret.
- Don’t let anything stop you.
 Proverbs 8:4 Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man.
- Wisdom is calling you, O MEN. She is calling you. Do you hear the call? What do you think wisdom wants?
- You take the call. Wisdom wants you, MEN, to preach and teach the word of God.
- The word of God is wisdom. Are you going to spread wisdom from God? Or will you ignore the call?
- Will you hit do not disturb for the call? Will you ignore God’s call for you? Think about that.
- Will you answer the call, and be a leader for God? Or will you put God’s call for you away?
 Matthew 11:15 He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
- Are you hearing the calls from WISDOM and from God? Are your ears blocked? Or are they open?
 Colossians 1:27-29 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: 29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.
- We are to preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom.
- And you might say, “Not me. I’m not doing it.” That’s just like hitting ignore when God calls you.
- He’s giving you wisdom, but you won’t do anything with it. Not good. We are to labor for God.
- Not for ourselves and all the things of this world but for God and His kingdom which is far greater.
- If you won’t hear God’s commands to you, God is trying to wake you up in Proverbs Chapter 8.
 Proverbs 8:5 O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart.
- Don’t ignore wisdom as she cries out for you. Don’t continue to go about other things and ignore God.
- If you do, you’re a simple one who doesn’t understand who it is that is calling out to you.
- You’re having a mental block. You’re having a blockage in your ears.
- Understand it is God Almighty calling out to you. ALL MIGHT. ALL POWER. He is calling you.
- Have an understanding heart, and don’t be a fool. What will you hear from wisdom? Let’s see.
 Proverbs 8:6-7 Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things. 7 For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.
- Don’t you want to hear EXCELLENT THINGS? I sure do. Don’t you hear RIGHT THINGS?
- The mouth of wisdom speaks truth and never lies. Not one lie ever. NEVER. Only the truth.
- You don’t want to be lied to, right? So many people trust what men and women are saying.
They come to you and tell you some rumor, and you love to believe it.
- And you pass it along without knowing if it’s truth. I’ve seen it over and over and over again in my life.
- At a company I worked for in the past, the men in the area I worked in would do a test.
- One man would go tell one other person some lie, a rumor about the company.
- They would just make it up out of thin air and say, “Let’s see how long it takes to come back to us.”
- There were a few hundred people working there. It would usually come back very quickly.
- Spread like a wild fire. People love to believe lies. They pass them on as if it were the truth.
Why Do People Hate The Truth And Love Lies?
But, for some reason, they don’t want to pass along the truth. THEY HATE THE TRUTH.
- That’s foolish. That’s called being a simple person who could care less about the truth.
- When you open your mouth, RIGHT THINGS should come out. Excellent things should come out.
- Don’t spread lies. FOR MY MOUTH SHALL SPEAK TRUTH. Is that what you’re going to do?
- Let’s not talk about others when we don’t know anything about them.
- Let’s stop making assumptions about people when we don’t know. Instead, speak truth.
- All wickedness is an abomination to my lips.
 Proverbs 8:8 All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.
- That’s called wisdom. You want to be just like that. Anything that comes out is righteous.
- Speaking the word of God will ensure that. Speaking other things will not ensure that.
- You don’t want anything perverse coming out of your mouth. Do your best.
- Listen to wisdom because she speaks nothing wicked or perverse.
The word of God is pure wisdom. Is it not? This means that every word of God is pure.
- Every one of our words is not pure. God has never spoken anything unrighteous. Do you understand that?
- Think about that. He is eternal. He’s been here billions of years and never said anything wrong.
- Not one bad word. Not one lie. Every word He has ever spoken is truth. Pure words. Every one of them.
 Psalm 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
 Psalm 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.
 Psalm 19:8 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
 Psalm 119:140 Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.
 2 Samuel 22:31 As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him.
 Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
- And yet, these simple preachers will teach that God’s word has mistakes in it today.
- They’ll say that we don’t have a perfect Bible. They’ll say that His pure words don’t exist anymore.
- They’ll change whatever they want. But we know we have God’s pure words with the King James Bible.
- And, if every word of God is pure, this means hell is a pure word.
- This means bastard is a pure word. Piss is a pure word. Dung is a pure word. Every word of God is pure.
- Fool is not a bad word. Ass is not a bad word.
 Hebrews 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
- Many preachers won’t read Scriptures like that because of the word bastard.
- Many preachers, who supposedly represent God won’t read many stories in the Bible.
- They will skip over them. Here’s a story in the Bible that you never hear anything about in churches.
 Judges 19:25-26 But the men would not hearken to him: so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go. 26 Then came the woman in the dawning of the day, and fell down at the door of the man’s house where her lord was, till it was light.
 Judges 19:27-28 And her lord rose up in the morning, and opened the doors of the house, and went out to go his way: and, behold, the woman his concubine was fallen down at the door of the house, and her hands were upon the threshold. 28 And he said unto her, Up, and let us be going. But none answered. Then the man took her up upon an ass, and the man rose up, and gat him unto his place.
 Judges 19:29-30 And when he was come into his house, he took a knife, and laid hold on his concubine, and divided her, together with her bones, into twelve pieces, and sent her into all the coasts of Israel. 30 And it was so, that all that saw it said, There was no such deed done nor seen from the day that the children of Israel came up out of the land of Egypt unto this day: consider of it, take advice, and speak your minds.
- But these same preachers love to read the Book of Proverbs. They say they read a chapter every day.
- The entire Book of Proverbs only takes 1 hour 45 minutes to read but it takes them the entire month.
- So they read about EVERY WORD OF GOD being righteous. They say they read it and study it.
- But they are embarrassed by God’s word.
So-called Sunday school teachers would never read that story in Judges Chapter 19.
- They have to go get a watered down corrupted children’s bible that some man or woman made.
- Why? Because they don’t believe that every word of God is pure.
- They believe they know children better than God knows the children He created.
- They want to protect the children from God’s word. Are you serious? If it’s in the Bible, it’s good for all.
Some people don’t want to teach children about hell because it’s a bad place made by a bad God.
- That is EXACTLY what they thing. But they are actually FOOLS professing themselves to be wise.
- I feel bad for those people because God is coming for them. Children need to learn about hell.
- They need to understand that God will send them there unless they believe on Jesus Christ.
- Guess what happens? Children learn to fear God. His way and His plans are far better for children.
 2 Kings 2:24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
- The last so-called pastor I had told me not to be using that Scripture in his church.
- He says, “You better be careful using that in church.” Why? Are you ashamed of God’s word?
- Let me state this one more time: “EVERY WORD OF GOD IS PURE AND RIGHTEOUS.”
- The world judges God’s word and says that it is evil, but we know who is actually evil and it’s not God.
 1 Samuel 25:22 So and more also do God unto the enemies of David, if I leave of all that pertain to him by the morning light any that pisseth against the wall.
- So-called pastors who say they represent God won’t read that in church because it’s offensive.
- The world says that God’s word is offensive. That’s foolish. Every word of God is perfect.
- God’s way is perfect. The word of the Lord is tried. God’s been here forever.
- Then you get this man or woman who has been living just a few years telling God what’s right and wrong.
- “You shouldn’t say pisseth or piss. It’s a bad word.”
I still remember taking a survey when I was about 15 years old on whether or not piss was a bad word.
- It was actually right here at Electric City, but a different location.
- I still remember what the so-called “Christian” men would say.
- You shouldn’t say that word. I still remember them looking at me and telling me that piss is a bad word.
- If any of the so-called “Christians” would have actually known the word of God as they profess, they would have given me the correct answer.
- Piss is not a bad word. It’s a pure word. Now, should you use it in the wrong context?
No, because any word can become an unrighteous word. Ass is a donkey.
- You can turn the word into something bad. But God doesn’t do that. Not once. EVER.
- So, always remember that every word of God is pure. If it’s in the King James Bible, it’s pure.
- Pisseth against the wall? Every word of that Scripture is pure and good and righteous.
- It doesn’t matter what some man or woman with their little pea brain thinks about God and His words.
- Let’s continue in Proverbs Chapter 8 verse 9. Remember, we’re talking about the words of wisdom.
 Proverbs 8:9 They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.
- If you have believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, the Jesus of the Bible, you are saved.
- You have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that will never leave you.
- If you choose to walk in that Spirit, you will gain wisdom and understanding.
- She cries out for you. If you answer that call, this means you’re seeking after wisdom.
- You want to learn. You want to work. You want to hear. You want to study.
Here’s When Words Of Wisdom Become Clear And Plain
When you do that, the words of wisdom become plain and clear to you.
- For example, MOST people who claim to be “Christians” won’t sit here and listen to this entire sermon.
- They lose their focus and concentration like a 2-year old because they could care less.
- They don’t want to hear God’s words. People who do will sit there and listen to this.
- People who want wisdom will slow down at go through the Bible verse by verse.
- They will gain wisdom by hearing God’s words. God will make His words clear and plain to them.
- He knows if you’re seeking after wisdom. If you aren’t, He won’t make His words clear to you.
For example, let’s use the false preacher Bob Rodgers who says he reads a chapter of Proverbs every day.
- He doesn’t hear God’s actual words. He hears what he wants to hear.
- He hears what’s best for him. He teaches a false gospel, speaking in demonic tongues, and more.
- God’s words aren’t plain and clear to him. His words aren’t right to Bob Rogers.
- Bob Rodgers has ZERO KNOWLEDGE of the Bible because he trusts himself over God.
- But he has DR in front of his name. “The great Dr. Bob Rodgers!”
- He’s an evil and wicked false preacher leading people to hell.
- He’s run greedily after the error of Balaam for reward. He will perish.
 Proverbs 8:10-11 Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold. 11 For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.
- So, how many times have we already seen this in the Book of Proverbs? Many times.
- God says over and over again: “RECEIVE MY INSTRUCTION.” Not silver. Not gold.
- Receive wisdom, knowledge, and understanding with God rather than all those other things.
- Wisdom is better than all those other things. BY FAR. Not even a contest. Not even close.
- “All the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.”
But yet, where are people? Are they reading their Bible right now? Are they studying God’s word right now?
- What are they doing? God can look down on the world right now, and He knows that answer.
- How many people are actually seeking God’s wisdom right now? You can be counted as one.
- God knows. We know that God’s wisdom is better than all those other things.
- Now, when you leave here, act like it. Tomorrow, act like you know that. Don’t stop seeking wisdom.
- Tomorrow, get out your Bible, read it, study it, seek for wisdom. She cries out for you. Don’t ignore her.
- Act like you know God’s word is better than fun. Better than food. Better than water.
- Better than your job. Better than your house. Better than your spouse. Better than your children.
- Better than riches. Better than money. Better than video games. Better than anything. Act like you know.
 Job 28:15-19 It cannot be gotten for gold, neither shall silver be weighed for the price thereof. 16 It cannot be valued with the gold of Ophir, with the precious onyx, or the sapphire. 17 The gold and the crystal cannot equal it: and the exchange of it shall not be for jewels of fine gold. 18 No mention shall be made of coral, or of pearls: for the price of wisdom is above rubies. 19 The topaz of Ethiopia shall not equal it, neither shall it be valued with pure gold.
- Do you believe God’s words? He’s telling us this over and over again. Not just once.
- This same teaching is all throughout the Bible. False preachers want to get rid of God’s commandments.
- They say, “We’re under grace now. We’re living in the age of grace. We are foolish dispensationalists.”
- They will talk down about God’s laws. They will talk bad about God’s commandments.
- Well, let me ask you this, what do you think wisdom is? Wisdom is God’s commandments.
- Every word out of God’s mouth is a commandment for us to follow. His commandments are wisdom.
 Psalm 119:127-128 Therefore I love thy commandments above gold; yea, above fine gold. 128 Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way.
- We are to love God’s commandments which come through His words to us.
- We are to follow God’s commandments and His words. We are to accept His wisdom through His laws.
 Proverbs 6:23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:
- These false preachers are doing their best to take away the LAMP and the LIGHT from your life.
 Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
- We all need to wake up and stop listening to false preachers. There was not a beginning to God’s grace.
- There’s not an age of grace in the Bible. God’s grace is eternal. All people are saved by God’s grace.
- All of God’s commandments are important. EVERY ONE OF THEM.
- Jesus came to fulfill the Law. He didn’t come to get rid of God’s words. But the preachers will teach this.
- Why? Again, they don’t believe that every word of God is pure. Far above rubies, gold, silver.
- Let’s continue in Proverbs Chapter 8 verse 12.
 Proverbs 8:12 I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.
- We continue to learn more about wisdom. Wisdom dwells with prudence. What does prudence mean?
- Prudence is doing the right things to accomplish a given end. It’s caution for the right things.
- It’s discretion in the right things. Wisdom dwells with prudence and always does right.
- God changes His paths in the Bible because of us. We make bad decisions and God’s plans change.
- He always finds a way to reach the right outcomes even when we do evil and wicked things.
- He is prudent, all knowing, and has all wisdom.
- Wisdom finds out knowledge of witty inventions. Wisdom provides the understanding for inventions.
 Exodus 31:3-5 And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship, 4 To devise cunning works, to work in gold, and in silver, and in brass, 5 And in cutting of stones, to set them, and in carving of timber, to work in all manner of workmanship.
 Exodus 31:6 And I, behold, I have given with him Aholiab, the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan: and in the hearts of all that are wise hearted I have put wisdom, that they may make all that I have commanded thee;
- God gave them wisdom to make all of those things and to invent these things.
 Exodus 35:30-32 And Moses said unto the children of Israel, See, the LORD hath called by name Bezaleel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah; 31 And he hath filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship; 32 And to devise curious works, to work in gold, and in silver, and in brass,
 Exodus 35:33-34 And in the cutting of stones, to set them, and in carving of wood, to make any manner of cunning work. 34 And he hath put in his heart that he may teach, both he, and Aholiab, the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan.
 Exodus 35:35 Them hath he filled with wisdom of heart, to work all manner of work, of the engraver, and of the cunning workman, and of the embroiderer, in blue, and in purple, in scarlet, and in fine linen, and of the weaver, even of them that do any work, and of those that devise cunning work.
- God filled them with wisdom. Do you think they wanted the wisdom? Yes they did. He gave it to them.
- Do you want wisdom like this? I sure do. Through God, we can do amazing things. Let’s continue.
 Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
- That’s wisdom speaking. If you fear the Lord, you will hate evil. The world says, “You shouldn’t hate.”
- The churches say, “You shouldn’t hate.” But God says you will hate evil if you gear Him.
- THE FEAR OF THE LORD = HATING EVIL. You don’t fear God if you don’t hate evil.
- For example, I hate child molesters. They are pure evil. I hate murderers. They are pure evil.
- What else does wisdom hate? Pride. Understand that. Being proud of something.
For example, don’t be proud of this church. That’s pride. Wisdom hates pride. God hates pride.
- You shouldn’t be proud of anything you’ve done. We should be ashamed. Wisdom hates arrogancy.
- I have always hated arrogancy. It’s one of my things that I can’t stand.
- “I am so great. Look at how great I am. Look at me. I am the best. No one can stop me.”
- “Look at my clothes. Look at my hair. Have you seen how great I am? Maybe you need to look.”
- “Did you not notice my job title? I’m too good to stoop down to your level. You are too low for me.”
For example, I watched these Hispanic men working hard digging for landscaping.
- And the white man just stands there holding a clipboard and watching. He’s too good to help.
- He wasn’t doing anything. He just stands there and watches them. Do you think I would do that?
- No way. I would get in there in help. “But he is the manager.” So what.
- Get in there and show them you are a leader. If you want to be the leader, you need to do the work.
- You need to LEAD. You need to work. The best managers are LEADERS. They will work.
- And they will work harder. But this man just stood there and watched. Made me sick.
- That’s arrogance. “I’m too good, and I’m too high up to do this work.”
- “You get in the dirt and do it. Not me.”
God Hates Pride And Arrogancy
God hates arrogancy. That’s you thinking you’re better than someone else. You aren’t better.
- For example, a pastor of a church isn’t better than anyone else.
- I’ve heard pastors say, “I’m the man of God. Don’t question me. You don’t know anything.”
- When, in reality, they don’t know anything because they need to shut their mouth.
- They need to hear what the word of God actually says.
 1 Corinthians 12:4-6 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
- When a pastor wants to be arrogant and speak down to the congregation, they have issues.
- THE SAME SPIRIT IS WITHIN ALL OF US. Understand that. If one has the Spirit, who are you?
- The Spirit of God dwells within that saved person. And you think you’re better?
- The same Lord has saved us. It’s the same God that works in all of us.
 1 Corinthians 12:7-9 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
 1 Corinthians 12:10-11 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: 11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
 1 Corinthians 12:12-14 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For the body is not one member, but many.
- Now, an arrogant pastor is the one who won’t hear the words of God.
- Jesus Christ is the head of the church. We are the body. We have many members. MANY.
- And arrogance is not allowed. Arrogance is HATED by the Spirit within us. Understand that.
- A pastor especially should not be arrogant. Walk in the Spirit because the Spirit hates arrogance.
- And yes, God does hate. Proverbs Chapter 8 tells us this. God hates the froward mouth.
- Wisdom says, “And the froward mouth do I hate.”
 Proverbs 8:14-16 Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength. 15 By me kings reign, and princes decree justice. 16 By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth.
- Counsel is mine. Isaiah Chapter 9 tells us that Jesus shall be called Counsellor. He instructs us.
- He counsels us. This is sound wisdom from the all knowing God. Wisdom is understanding.
- You might have thought before? What is wisdom. There’s the answer. “I am understanding.”
- “I have strength.” Strength comes through wisdom. Physical strength comes through weight lifting.
Spiritual strength comes through wisdom. You gain wisdom from God’s word.
- If you want to be spiritually strong, you need to be reading and studying God’s word.
- And this spiritual strength is far more important than physical strength. Don’t you want to be strong?
- You don’t want to give in to all the evil and wicked things of this world. Be strong through God’s word.
- Kings reign and princes decree JUSTICE through the wisdom of God.
- They do the right thing through wisdom. Through wisdom, all the judges of the earth rule.
Does that mean that all the evil rulers who make stupid decisions are using God’s wisdom? No.
- It’s easy to see that they aren’t using God’s wisdom because they are evil.
- God’s wisdom doesn’t lead to stupid decisions and evil. It doesn’t.
- For example, the antichrist in the Book of Revelation isn’t getting wisdom through God’s word.
- The TRUE RULERS of the earth will use God’s wisdom.
For example, Samuel used God’s wisdom. Daniel used God’s wisdom.
- David used God’s wisdom. Solomon used God’s wisdom. But they were all just men.
- They made mistakes too because they were not following God at times.
- But when they used God’s wisdom, they made perfect decisions. We get that same choice.
- In your life right now, you get that choice. Will you seek after wisdom or not?
- If not, you’ll make dumb decisions. You’ll go down the wrong path just like David and Solomon.
- Be strong and make wise decisions by accepting the wisdom and understanding of God.
 Proverbs 8:17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
- Do you see that? Wisdom says, “I love them that love me.” God has loved all people.
- God has loved everyone first before they even realized He was there.
- As a baby in the womb, He loved you. He loved you first. He gives you love throughout your life.
- But He won’t continue to love those who reject Him over and over again.
- He loves those who love Him. And those that seek Him early shall find Him.
 John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
- IF a man keeps the words of Jesus Christ, THEN God will love that man. There is a condition.
- If you want God to love you forever, you must believe His words.
- He says that He can save you. He says that He is the only one that can save you. Do you believe that?
- If so, you will have His love forever. When you believe “ON” Jesus Christ, you become a child of God.
- God says, “SEEK ME AND YOU SHALL FIND ME.”
 Proverbs 8:18-19 Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness. 19 My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.
- Wisdom has riches and honor with her. DURABLE riches and righteousness. And she cries out to you.
- Why wouldn’t you want riches, honor, and righteousness that LASTS. It’s durable the Bible says.
- A new car is not going to last forever. Dollar bills will not last forever. They are just paper.
- But people worship that paper. Why? Wisdom is so much better. Honor is so much better.
- God will honor you when you seek after wisdom. God will impute righteousness to you.
- There’s nothing better than that. The fruit of wisdom is better than gold. What is the fruit of wisdom?
 Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.
- We need to be winning souls to Jesus Christ. The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life.
- You are wise if you win souls to Jesus Christ. Are you doing that? Why not? Are you waiting for me?
- What do you want me to do for you? Are you waiting for someone else to do this for you?
- God is giving you wisdom. Figure out a way to win souls to Jesus Christ. Give people the Gospel.
- You can do this too. What are you waiting for? Let’s get this done together. Let’s win souls.
- If you have no desire to do that, you must be rejecting wisdom.
- And remember, wisdom loves them that love her. Do you love wisdom? Then let’s get going.
Do you understand that our church is reaching people all over the world right now? God is doing that.
- Let’s do this together. Let’s reach more and more people together. We all have God’s Spirit.
- We know that because we trust what God says. Let’s work as a team and do this together.
- We don’t want to be a dead church. We want to be a church that is STRONG through wisdom.
- We want to be a church that is ALIVE and people need to see this. They will see our strength.
- Let’s be a great tree of LIFE in this world. Our job is to win souls to Jesus Christ and teach them all things.
 Proverbs 8:20-21 I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment: 21 That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.
- Are you hearing these words? WISDOM leads in the way of righteousness. We follow after wisdom.
- We aren’t the leaders. God is our leader. We follow after Him. Follow His paths of judgement.
- His choices are always right. His leadership is always in the right direction.
- When we follow His lead of winning souls to Jesus Christ, what does He do for us?
Verse 21 tells us. “That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance, and I will fill their treasures.”
- You will inherit SUBSTANCE. What is substance? It’s the opposite of nothing. He will give you things.
- They will be durable things that last. They will be everlasting rewards. They are treasures in heaven.
- “And I will fill their treasures.” Do you not want that? Would you rather watch TV? That’s foolishness.
Think about this. Do you really believe that God has given you everlasting life? Do you really believe that?
- If so, you need to act like it and you need to understand why you’re here on this earth.
- If you aren’t fulfilling God’s purpose for you, then you won’t be happy. What is your purpose now?
- To win souls to Jesus Christ. That’s why you’re here. Think of ways to do that.
- Come up with something new that you can do. WITTY INVENTIONS through the Spirit of God.
- Let’s find different ways to win souls to Jesus Christ.
How much time do you have left in this life? You don’t have long compared to eternity. Do you?
- We all have less than 100 years, approximately, to live on this earth.
- Many of us, including me, have wasted many of those years on myself and being selfish.
- I don’t have much time left. You don’t have much time left. We aren’t here for long.
- But the work we do for God provides us with everlasting rewards. Your work here counts.
You don’t want your faith to be dead and without any good works.
- You don’t want to get to heaven and end up with no eternal rewards. Do you?
- You don’t have much time. Don’t end up in heaven with no rewards. They last forever.
- What are you going to do now? Ignore wisdom. Ignore these words? Put them off?
- You have too many other things to do? You aren’t hearing God’s words of wisdom if so.
 Proverbs 8:22-24 The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. 23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. 24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.
- This is wisdom continuing to speak to us here. The Lord God has always had wisdom.
- “I was setup from everlasting.” Wisdom is not going away.
- Heaven and earth shall pass away, but the words of God will never pass away.
- God’s words of wisdom are from everlasting to everlasting.
- Understand what you have with God’s words. They are to be magnified by us at all times.
 Proverbs 8:25-26 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth: 26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
- Wisdom has been here longer than you. You should hear God’s wisdom. He knows more than you.
- He’s seen it all. He knows it all. He knows your future. He knows my future.
- He knows what I’m going to say next. He knows what we’re going to think next.
- Wisdom has been around. Wisdom will lead you in the right direction along the right path.
 Proverbs 8:27-29 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth: 28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep: 29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
- Wisdom is telling us that God did all these things and wisdom was there. “I WAS THERE.”
- No one else can say that but God. When God prepared the heavens, wisdom was there.
- When God set a compass upon the face of the deep, wisdom was there.
- He established the clouds. He strengthened the fountains of the deep. He gave the see his decree.
- God commands the heavens and the earth and the seas and all that are therein. He is God.
- He is KING OVER ALL THESE THINGS. He can calm the seas any time He wants. No one else can.
Can A Man Stop God From Giving Us Sunlight?
Bill Gates thinks he can stop God from giving us sunlight. He’s an idiot. He has no idea what he’s doing.
- He thinks he knows more than God who created everything. We need the sun.
- But Bill Gates doesn’t think so. He is ignorant of God’s word and the wisdom of God.
 Genesis 1:9-10 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. 10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
- Wisdom was there when all these things happened.
 Job 38:8-11 Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb? 9 When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it, 10 And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors, 11 And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?
- Wisdom was there when God commanded the waves that they should stay in this area.
- Don’t go any further than this. And the waves obey God Almighty. Waves don’t obey any human.
- The sun doesn’t obey Bill Gates. But the sun does obey God Almighty.
- It’s very hilarious that a man like Bill Gates believes he’s going to control God’s creation. Laughable.
 Exodus 9:29 And Moses said unto him, As soon as I am gone out of the city, I will spread abroad my hands unto the LORD; and the thunder shall cease, neither shall there be any more hail; that thou mayest know how that the earth is the LORD’S.
 Psalm 24:1 The earth is the LORD’S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
 1 Corinthians 10:26 For the earth is the Lord’s, and the fulness thereof.
- I don’t know how any man can believe the earth is theirs. NO, THE EARTH IS THE LORD’S.
- So just give it up and stop trying to take over. It will never happen. NEVER.
- The earth is the Lord’s, the world is the Lord’s, and all those that dwell here are the Lord’s.
- He is THE CREATOR will all power and all might and there is no other.
 Proverbs 8:30-31 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him; 31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.
- Wisdom was by Him. Wisdom was with Him. Wisdom was the Lord’s daily delight.
- If wisdom is the Lord’s delight, don’t you think that’s pretty good? Don’t you want that?
- The Almighty God delights in wisdom. You should follow His lead there. His words are wisdom.
- Wisdom was always before the Lord rejoicing in front of the Lord. Be wise and do the same thing.
- THANK YOU GOD FOR YOUR WISDOM. PLEASE GIVE US MORE. WE WANT MORE. PLEASE LORD.
- Wisdom rejoiced in the habitable part of the Lord’s earth. The delights of wisdom were with man.
 Psalm 16:1-3 Michtam of David. Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust. 2 O my soul, thou hast said unto the LORD, Thou art my Lord: my goodness extendeth not to thee; 3 But to the saints that are in the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight.
- If you’re saved, you are a saint or sanctified. You aren’t going through some process of sanctification.
- You are sanctified. You are saved because you have believed on THE LORD Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
- “But to the saints that are in the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight.”
- The delights of wisdom were with the sons of men. Believe what God says and you are His delight.
 Psalm 40:8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.
- Jesus, the Son of God, delighted to do God’s will. That’s all He wanted was to do what His Father needed.
- God’s law was within His heart. We are to follow His lead.
 John 4:34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.
- Jesus finished the work that His Father needed Him to do while He was one earth.
- God WANTS YOU to do the work He has ready for you to do. Will you follow the lead of Jesus?
- You will be His delight. That’s what you should want to be. A delight to God.
 Proverbs 8:32-33 Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways. 33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.
- After God explains everything about wisdom, He now says, “Now therefore hearken unto me.”
- He just showed you that He created all of creation and everything in the earth is His.
- ALL THINGS ARE HIS. He can do whatever He wants with you at any time.
- Because of that, God says, “Hearken unto me.” In other words, “Just do what He says.”
- Listen and do, O ye children. Yes, you are a child. I am a child. I know nothing compared to God.
I hear parents telling their children to listen to them because they’ve already been through these things.
- But those same parents won’t listen to God who knows much more than them.
- They don’t want to have anything to do with God. They will call themselves “Christians.”
- But they won’t follow what God says. They think they know more than God.
- Do you want an example? Okay, here’s one.
- Before I give the example, what does that verse say? “Blessed are they that keep my ways.”
- MY WAYS, MY WAYS, MY WAYS. God says this. “Keep MY WAYS.”
- But these so-called “Christians” don’t want anything to do with God’s ways. Here’s the example.
 Titus 2:3-5 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; 4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
- God wants women to be keepers at home. God wants women to take care of their children at home.
- But the co-called “Christians” want to their daughters to go to college and have careers outside the home.
- Is that God’s way? No, it isn’t. Children need their mom at home. God doesn’t say send them away.
- His ways are different than this world’s ways. But these parents think they know better.
Happiness Comes By Following After Wisdom
There is no happier young woman than one who has children, stays at home with her children, and rules over the house while her husband is working to provide.
- That’s God’s way, and He commands us to KEEP HIS WAYS.
- If you think your daughter will be happier by having a career and throwing her children to everyone else, you’re wrong.
- So keep on seeking after other things. It’s foolish, and it won’t work out the way you thought.
- God says today, “Hear MY instruction. REFUSE IT NOT.” But some will hear this and immediately refuse.
- Not a good idea. Change your mind today, and do things God’s way.
 Proverbs 8:34 Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.
- Is that what you’re doing? Are you reading God’s word DAILY? Throughout the day?
- Are you watching daily at His gates? He’s here within you. Are you waiting to hear from Him?
- Do you look forward to hearing from God? If you do, BLESSED are you. God says this. Seek Him.
 Proverbs 8:35-36 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD. 36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.
- Find wisdom and find life. Find God and find life. Search out God and find life.
- When you believe His words, you will be saved. When you believe on Him, you will be saved.
- You shall obtain favor of the Lord.
If you reject God all your life and NEVER believe on Him as the Savior of the world, you wrong your own soul.
- You don’t want to wrong your own soul. It’s YOUR SOUL. Don’t do wrong to your own soul.
- If you call God a liar your whole life by never accepting His words and wisdom, you hate Him.
- Why would you want to hate your creator who gave you life?
- All they that hate Him love death. Why would you love death and hate life? That’s foolish.
- So wake up right now, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and love life.
- When you do that, you have nothing to be worried about any more. You have everlasting life.
- You’re only here for a little time. We’re running out of time. Now is the time to accept wisdom.
- Now is the time to get to work for God.