- Sermon Slides for Sermon Proving That You’re Saved: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Proving That You’re Saved: PDF
 The title of the sermon today is “PROVING THAT YOU’RE SAVED.”
Your Works Will Prove That You’re Saved?
- False preachers teach that your works will prove that you’re saved.
- They say, “You MUST have good works to prove that you’re saved.”
- They say, “THERE WILL BE EVIDENCE THAT YOU’RE SAVED.”
- If you state you have a broken ankle, there will be evidence that your ankle is broken.
- If you state you were hit by a car, there will be evidence that you were hit by a car.
- If you state you were shot, there will be evidence you were shot.
And then they say, “If you’re saved, there will be evidence that you’re saved.”
- They’ll say, “If you were hit by a semi-truck, there’s going to evidence.”
- “Your body will be so messed up that everyone will know that you were by a semi-truck.”
- They say, “The same thing happens when you’re saved.”
- “You will be so different. You will be so amazing that everyone will know you’re saved.”
- Look, this is a DAMNABLE HERESY. And it’s very dangerous. They’re riding a dangerous line.
These false preachers are teaching that you MUST have this evidence of being saved.
- And if not, then you’re going to hell. They are adding doubt to your salvation.
- And we’re going to see how and why this is dangerous. At first, you might not think it’s so bad.
- But, let’s see what they’re really teaching and see if any of this is in the Bible.
- They like to say that you MUST have fruit or you aren’t saved. “YOU MUST HAVE GOOD WORKS.”
- And they say, “If you don’t have good works, then you aren’t saved. You’re going to hell.”
What else do they say? They say that crying is proof that you were just saved.
- You MUST weep and shed tears for hours. Some say they cried for weeks and weeks.
- They say you MUST have all the fruit listed in the Bible or you will go to hell.
- YOU MUST CHANGE AND BECOME A NEW MAN. They use this SCRIPTURE and twist it.
 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
- They say, “SEE!!! If any man be in CHRIST, he is a new creature. Old things are passed away.”
- “ALL THINGS ARE BECOME NEW.” So, it’s not just some things will change. “ALL THINGS,” they say.
- This is where you get false preachers teaching that you will be healed from all things.
- They say, “Well, if you’re saved, ALL THINGS ARE BECOME NEW.”
- If that were talking about your physical body, then our body wouldn’t get old any more and die.
- We wouldn’t have any physical pain, headaches, muscle pain, soreness. NOTHING. We would be perfect.
- In other words, these false preachers are also saying that you won’t sin any more.
Look, when you’re saved, there is a NEW MAN but the OLD MAN is still there until you die.
- And that old man will pass away and die. The NEW MAN won’t.
- That’s why there’s a struggle inside you all the time. The Old Man doesn’t want to die.
- That’s why each day you must die to self the Bible says. Walk in the NEW MAN. The SPIRIT.
The Apostle Paul wrote 2 Corinthians on the screen. We know the Apostle Paul was a SAVED man, right?
- If you can say 100% for sure that any man in the Bible is saved, you’d probably choose PAUL.
- But guess what? Paul wasn’t healed physically. He had issues. ELISHA wasn’t physically perfected.
- The Apostle Paul said specifically that he continues to sin AFTER he was saved.
- So, you have to watch out for these false preachers.
- They are the ones that say things like this, “If you’re sick, that means you don’t have faith.”
- “You won’t get sick if you have faith.” That right there is a DAMNABLE HERESY.
- They’ll say, “You MUST understand all the SCRIPTURE or you aren’t saved. You’re a new man.”
- “You should now have this great understanding of all things.”
The Bible doesn’t say any of these things. But what does this do for these false preachers?
- This puts them up on a pedestal ABOVE everyone else and especially above you.
- They say, “Well, all of these amazing things have happened to us and that proves we’re saved.”
- “If all of these things haven’t happened to you, then you aren’t saved.”
- And guess what? All of those things are NEVER going to happen to you. NEVER.
- You will NEVER be sinless like those clowns think they are.
No One Is Sinless And On A Higher Level Like God
Do you see what that does? They are on a higher level than you. You MUST come to them for answers.
- It’s just like the POPE from the Roman Catholic Church. He sits between the cherubim’s on his false throne.
- “You’ll NEVER be as good as me.” That’s exactly what they’re saying.
- And those false preachers LOVE to be on their pedestal. They LOVE people following them.
- But what’s hilarious is they still get sick, they still sin, and they aren’t healed physically from everything.
- They all still die. They’re all still aging. So why in the world do people listen to this trash?
- We have to wake up, and stop supporting these false preachers. They don’t know the GOSPEL.
- They believe themselves to be SAVIORS. They really do. They boast about how great they are.
They’re preaching today that you MUST have some RADICAL TESTIMONY of YOU being saved.
- You better have some evidence of being HIT by salvation like being HIT by a semi-truck.
- The heavens should open up and shine upon you. You MUST hear God speak from heaven.
- “This is my BELOVED Josh with whom I am well pleased.” That’s what they want.
- They want these great signs and miracles of you being saved. Do you see what they’re doing?
 Matthew 3:16-17 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
- False preachers say, “SEE!!! When you’re baptized, the heavens will open and you receive the Holy Spirit.”
- Oh, so was JESUS not saved before HE WAS BAPTIZED? Is that the moment Jesus was saved? It’s heresy.
These false preachers elevate themselves to the level of JESUS CHRIST. You need to be JUST LIKE JESUS CHRIST.
- Hey, look, I don’t need the heavens to open for me. I’m just a man. I’m not GOD like JESUS.
- I’m not the Savior. That was for JESUS ONLY. He is the SON OF GOD. I am not THE SON OF GOD.
- I don’t need that evidence. I don’t need God to do miracles for me. I don’t need a sign or evidence.
- I don’t need John the Baptist to see the Holy Spirit descending upon me.
 John 1:32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.
- The Bible NEVER says that I need any of those things to be saved.
- But the false preachers say that I do. They say that you do. You need all of this evidence.
- They say, “Church members need to PROVE that they are saved.” Is there Scripture for that? NO!!!
Does the Bible say you MUST have good works to be saved?
- Does the Bible say that you MUST prove your salvation to a man in order to be saved?
- No, it doesn’t say any of those things. That’s an example of man making up his own rules.
- Here’s what the Bible actually says. See if you understand this today.
 John 8:47 He that is of God heareth God’s words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
- Jesus said that directly to the PHARISEES. These false preachers resemble the Pharisees very well.
- Jesus says, “If you hear my words, then you are of God.”
- Jesus told them, “You don’t hear my words BECAUSE you are not of God.”
- That’s the closest test of salvation that you can ever have. It’s not your works. It’s hearing the SCRIPTURE.
- So, let me read you some verses, and you tell me what’s required to be saved.
 John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
 John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
 John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
- Are you seeing the truth today? HE THAT BELIEVETH ON THE SON hath everlasting life.
- If you believe on JESUS ALONE to save you, you have everlasting life.
- Does it say: “REPENT OF YOUR SIN and CRY FOR WEEKS and then thou shalt be saved.”
- What if you died before you got all your crying out? Those false preachers are a joke.
- THEY HAVE NO SCRIPTURE TO BACK UP ANYTHING THEY SAY. Here, we use SCRIPTURE.
 John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
 John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
- Those are all words directly from the mouth of JESUS CHRIST who is God. He sets the rules.
- He didn’t add anything else to HIS WORDS. “Believe on me to save you, and I’ll do it.”
- That’s what JESUS said. He didn’t add anything else to salvation. No evidence required.
- Jesus didn’t say, “Believe on me and then go do 5 good works, and you’ll be saved.”
- Jesus NEVER says you MUST be baptized to be saved. You must cry to be saved.
- You must speak in tongues to be saved. You must confess your sins to a pope wearing a dress.
- You must be blessed by a priest. Your church leader must verify that you’re saved.
Trust The Words Of Jesus And Not The Word Of Man
Did you hear all those words from Jesus today and accept those as the truth?
- Have you ever believed on the Lord Jesus Christ to save you? If so, then you’re saved.
- You don’t have to prove anything else to anyone. And that’s what JESUS CHRIST taught.
- Those false preachers can’t hear and understand the words of JESUS.
 John 8:47 He that is of God heareth God’s words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
- They don’t hear HIS WORDS because they are NOT OF GOD. How do you know?
- Because they preach and teach the opposite of what JESUS says.
- So, Jesus was talking to the Pharisees right there. Watch what they say back to Jesus.
 John 8:48-49 Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil? 49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.
- Those religious JEWS told Jesus He had a devil. He said, “You don’t know God.”
- They said, “Jesus, you have a devil.” That’s what those false preachers will do to you too.
- Those false preachers will look at someone just out on the street and say, “You’re not saved.”
- Hey, you can watch these videos of these preachers. They go around judging by looks.
- “I can see that you’re not saved because you look like white trash.” That’s what they’re doing.
False preacher Ray Comfort says to this woman: “I know you’re not saved. You aren’t living a HOLY LIFE.”
- She says, “Oh honey, I know I’m saved. I Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. He saved me.”
- Where does the Bible say you MUST live a HOLY LIFE without sin to be saved?
- Holier than thou Ray Comfort doesn’t sin any more. That’s what he says. He’s turned from his sin.
- He’s better than the Apostle Paul!!!
 Romans 7:14-15 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
- The Apostle Paul admits that he continues to sin. But not these false preachers.
- Why? Because they are on a higher level to God than you or I.
- And what they do? They use this as a way to make more money. That’s what they care about.
- But what they’re really depending on is THEMSELVES. It’s a very deceiving works based salvation!!!
- YOU MUST STOP SINNING to be saved. That’s what they’re saying.
You know what I think is funny? These false preachers have Kleenex boxes ready for you to cry.
- If you’re going to get saved, you’re going to need these tissues. You will cry for days.
- Do you know what Scripture they use for proof of this? Let me show you.
 Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
- It says, “They were pricked in their heart.” Peter was preaching about them killing the SAVIOR.
- Hey, you just killed the Savior. And He is who you need to be saved.
- They were pricked in their heart. It doesn’t say they wept for weeks.
- What shall we do? REPENT AND BE BAPTIZED FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS.
- Repent is not repent of your sin. Repent and be baptized BECAUSE OF the remission of sins.
- Because you’re sins have been forgiven, be baptized. Baptism doesn’t save you.
- Repenting of sin doesn’t save you. They asked, “What should we do, Peter? We’re sorry.”
 Acts 16:30-31 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
- Notice the difference: “What MUST I do to be saved?”
- “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.” That’s it. Matches the entire Bible.
- There are all types of conversions within the Bible.
- You don’t ever see the Bible saying YOU MUST CRY to be saved.
- The thief on the cross simply called upon the Lord Jesus Christ. He believed on Jesus as HIS SAVIOR!!!
- The Bible doesn’t say the Roman guards threw him a box of Kleenex tissues. It doesn’t say he cried.
Now, you might cry or you might not. I didn’t cry when I was saved.
- I heard the words of the Bible, and I said HEY, I believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. I’m saved.
- I have everlasting life now because Jesus Christ said so. I’m not listening to false preachers any more.
- I TRUST JESUS CHRIST to save me. I don’t need any man to save me. I have Jesus.
- You might have cried. It doesn’t matter. You can add anything you want to believing.
Believing On The Lord Jesus Christ Is All It Takes
You can say, “Well I believed when I was in a plane.” It doesn’t mean all people have to be in a plane to be saved.
- The thief was pinned to a cross when he believed.
- It doesn’t mean you have to pin yourself to a cross AND believe.
- BELIEVING IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS. Jesus is the Savior and nothing else.
- You can’t add other things as a requirement to salvation.
- Let’s say you stood on your head and then you believed on Jesus Christ.
- You can’t say PEOPLE MUST STAND ON THEIR HEAD WHILE BELIEVING in order to be saved.
- It’s the BELIEVING PART THAT SAVES YOU. It is nothing else.
 Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
- If you believe on Jesus Christ AND you are baptized, you’re saved.
- If you don’t believe on Jesus Christ AND you are baptized, you’re going to hell UNTIL you believe.
- “HE THAT BELIEVETH NOT SHALL BE DAMNED.” What’s the only requirement to be saved.
- BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST!!! Do you see this today?
- False preachers like to use that verse to say you MUST be baptized, but they don’t understand it.
- The believing part in that verse saves you. If you believe AND are baptized, then YES, you’re saved.
- It’s not the baptism part that saves you. FAITH ALONE SAVES YOU.
Let’s talk about some of the other things these false preachers are teaching their congregations.
- They say YOU MUST enjoy fellowship with believers more than pagans in order to prove your salvation.
- If you enjoy being with people who aren’t saved more than saved people, then you aren’t saved.
- That’s hilarious. The Bible doesn’t say that anywhere. Here’s the Scripture they use for proof of that.
 1 John 1:6-7 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
- Does that say you must ENJOY fellowship with believers in order to be saved? No.
- So, you’ll see all these statements from false preachers with verse references.
- And the SCRIPTURE they use doesn’t support what they’re saying.
- Some believers have fallen away and are nasty to be with.
- What about King Solomon who started worshipping false gods? I don’t want to fellowship with that.
 1 Corinthians 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
- The Bible even tells you NOT to eat with a brother that does these things.
- The false preachers say that you must be holy and only interact with the holy people who are sinless.
- No, we interact with the unsaved because they need to be saved.
- We don’t interact with the SAVED PEOPLE who are falling away from God because they know better!!!
- We shouldn’t interact with HERETICS who you’ve tried to show the truth to a couple of times.
 Titus 3:10-11 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; 11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
- This is talking about a false preacher who professes to know the Bible and still teaches opposite.
- If it’s someone who doesn’t know the Bible, they need more chances. I needed more than twice.
- An example is a pastor who teaches a works based salvation.
- I’m going to show him the truth in the Bible a couple of times, and then I’m going to reject him.
- For example, false preachers will say that the soul of Jesus Christ didn’t go to hell.
- They’ll call you a heretic for saying that the soul of Jesus Christ went to hell. What’s the Bible say?
 Acts 2:30-32 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
- You can show that SCRIPTURE to a preacher, and they will still say that the soul of Jesus didn’t go to hell.
- “THAT HIS SOUL WAS NOT LEFT IN HELL.” They’ll preach that Jesus didn’t go to hell.
 Acts 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
- That’s talking about JESUS CHRIST. He is THE HOLY ONE.
 Psalm 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
- Do you see how the false preachers can’t see and hear the words in the Bible?
- The Bible clearly says the soul of Jesus went to hell because it was not left there for good.
- Why was it not left there for good? BECAUSE HE AROSE FROM THE DEAD.
 Matthew 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
- Jesus Christ HIMSELF says he will be 3 days and 3 nights in the heart of the earth which is hell.
You Will Sin In Your Flesh Once You’re Saved But Not In Your Soul
False preachers say that once you’re saved, you won’t sin any more.
- If you sin, then that proves you aren’t saved. WOW. Then everyone will doubt their salvation.
- Everyone sins. Everyone continues to sin even after they’re saved. Should you decrease sin?
- Yeah, you SHOULD. You should be working hard to decrease sin in your life. And yes, it takes work.
- But you MUST be SAVED first before you’ll be able to decrease sin in your life.
 1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
- The Bible says you will continue to sin. PAUL SAYS SO. If you think you have no sin, you deceive yourself.
- When those false preachers say they don’t sin any more, they aren’t tricking me.
- They’re simply tricking themselves. They minimize sin in their life. “Oh, that’s not really a sin.”
These preachers will say that you MUST be sick of all your sin. You must turn from all of it.
- You must be so sorry for everything you’ve done that you cry for weeks.
- And that’s when you’ll stop sinning for good. And they lie and say they don’t sin any more.
- They say, “I have forsaken ALL MY SIN.” Who has? I HAVE. ME. The great one.
- They stand up high above all their sin and look down on all the sinners. They think they are like God.
- Judas Iscariot repented himself and was disgusted that he betrayed Jesus Christ.
- But he went to hell. Why? He didn’t believe Jesus was HIS SAVIOR.
 John 6:64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
- You can cry all you want. You can be sorry for your sin all you want. It won’t save you UNLESS you believe.
- But these false preachers say you must be sick of your sin, you must cry, you must be disgusted with sin.
- They say that this proves you are saved. I didn’t cry over my sin. They say, “Well, Josh, you aren’t saved.”
- And I say, “I don’t care what you say. I know I’m saved. DEPART FROM ME.”
- False preachers will say that you MUST KEEP all of HIS COMMANDMENTS or you aren’t saved.
- PROOF of you being saved is keeping all commandments from God. WOW!!!
 1 John 2:3-4 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
- This is not talking about BEING SAVED as KNOWING HIM. This is talking about fellowship with God.
- If you want to walk with God in your life now, you need to keep HIS COMMANDMENTS.
- When you mess up and sin, you ask forgiveness and the fellowship with God won’t be broken.
- If you don’t walk with God all your life but believe on Him to save you, YOU’RE SAVED.
- Jesus doesn’t say believe on me and keep all my commandments and then you have eternal life.
- If you want to know God and get closer to Him, then you need to keep His commandments.
- You receive eternal life once you believe on Jesus. You don’t pass some imaginary line with good works.
There are many examples in the Bible the complete opposite of what false preachers teach.
- The Pharisees constantly said, “We keep all of God’s commandments. We don’t sin.”
- The Bible says ALL PEOPLE SIN. The false preachers say, “We don’t sin any more.” PHARISEES.
- There were people in the Bible that say, “Look, Jesus, we have followed you.”
- “We have cast out devils in your name. We have done many wonderful works.”
- Jesus says, “I never knew you. DEPART FROM ME. You workers of iniquity.”
 Nahum 1:7 The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.
- This says, “God knows you if you TRUST in HIM.” In Matthew 7, Jesus says to those people:
- “I NEVER KNEW YOU.” What’s that tell you? The people in Matthew 7 didn’t trust GOD.
- Once you trust God to save you, He knows you. You are HIS NOW. He preserves your salvation.
- God says, “Once you trust in me, I GOT YOU. I take care of you now. You’re mine.”
 John 10:28-30 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and my Father are one.
- And the false preachers say the opposite: “Oh yeah, you can lose salvation.” See the evil?
- A false preacher I know told me, “Oh yeah, that verse doesn’t mean you can’t lose it.”
- “You can still work your way out of His hands and slip out.” That man obviously doesn’t know God.
- THE ONE TRUE GOD IS GOD ALMIGHTY. He knows all, sees all, and is all powerful.
- You aren’t going to trick God and work your way out of His hands. He purchased you the Bible says.
God Knows You Once You Trust Him Over Man
Once you trust God, GOD KNOWS YOU!!! What’s more important?
- You knowing God as in 1 John 2:3-4 or God knowing you?
- The first step in salvation is when God knows you. Then, you need to get to know God.
- Do you have to build FELLOWSHIP with God in order to make it to heaven. No.
- SHOULD YOU BUILD FELLOWSHIP WITH GOD? Yes, you should. How do you do that?
- Following HIS COMMANDMENTS. Reading the Bible, studying the Bible, coming to a good church.
- Learning who God truly is. Learning to fear God.
- Going to a false church and learning lies isn’t a good thing. That takes you further from God.
Yes, you can be saved and attend a false church BUT God won’t be happy with you.
- He can and will punish HIS SAVED CHILDREN who aren’t obeying Him and following His commandments.
- That’s what happened to King Saul, King David was punished, King Solomon was punished.
- Moses was punished. There’s all kinds of punishments in the Bible to God’s SAVED people.
- But the false preachers say: “If something bad happens, then you definitely aren’t saved.”
 Proverbs 3:11-12 My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction: 12 For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.
- God will punish in this life. The worst punishment is taking your life away. That happened to King Saul.
- YES, God punishes HIS SAVED PEOPLE. Does that mean you lost salvation when something bad happens?
- No, it doesn’t. GOD DOESN’T TAKE AWAY ETERNAL LIFE. If He did, He says that He would be a liar.
 1 John 5:10-11 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. 11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
- So again, all of these false preachers are saying there will be proof of your salvation.
- They say: “You will prove it by the good works that you do.”
- “If you don’t have good works, you aren’t saved.”
- “If you don’t cry for days and weeks over all your sin, then you aren’t saved.”
- “If you don’t stop sinning, you aren’t saved.”
- “If you don’t follow all of God’s commandments, you aren’t saved.”
Do you know what that really tells me about those false preachers?
- They have no idea what God’s commandments are.
- If they do ANYTHING against HIS WILL, then they just sinned.
- If they think a bad thought against HIS WILL, then they just sinned. But yet they NEVER sin.
- What a joke. They don’t understand sin at all.
- If you put your spouse first one day over God, that’s a sin.
- If you put your children first over God in an instance, that’s a sin.
- We can’t be perfect. God already knows that. The false preachers don’t understand.
So, the false preachers say: “YOU WILL HAVE GOOD WORKS ONCE YOU’RE SAVED.”
- In other words, once you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, YOU WILL BE A ROBOT OF GOOD WORKS.
- You will turn into a robot and only do good works without ANY SIN.
- In robot voice: “Hey, look at me, I am a good robot. I only do good works now. I do not sin.”
- “Oh, look, there is a little old lady who needs to cross the street. Let’s go help.”
- “Oh, look, it’s almost time for church, we better go. Can’t miss church. Never sin.”
- “I’m at church now. I must listen to the entire sermon. Josh is so boring. Whoops. I take that back.”
- “NO SIN. NEVER SIN. I AM A ROBOT OF GOOD WORKS!!!” That’s what they’re saying.
- Is that the truth? Let’s get real. Do you know what it looks like to be perfect without sin?
Jesus Christ Is The Only Man Who Has Never Sinned
We’ve never seen it with our own eyes BECAUSE there’s only been ONE who has ever done that before.
- Jesus Christ is the only man who has ever lived that hasn’t sinned. AND HE IS GOD. That’s why.
 Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
- Jesus was tempted as we are. He is a man as we are. YET WITHOUT SIN. He’s also GOD. We aren’t.
- So, you have these false preachers that think they’re WAY HIGHER than you. They’re like GOD.
- When we read this next SCRIPTURE, those false preachers would have been there casting stones!
 John 8:6-7 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
- No one is without sin. There were some great PHARISEES there right then. They said they had no sin.
- But they sure didn’t pick up that stone and toss any at her. They knew they were sinners.
- These false preachers know they aren’t sinless. They’re saying those things for other reasons.
- They want to be high and lifted up. They want more money. They usually love money and riches.
So, look, you have to be VERY CAREFUL with any preacher. Listen to what they’re actually saying.
- How are you saved? How do you make it to heaven? How do you receive eternal life?
- If they think you have to prove your salvation through works, they’ve changed God’s way.
Some false preachers say that you MUST first change before you can be saved.
- You MUST turn from all your sin, you must repent of your sin FIRST.
- Hey, look, that’s all backwards. We’ve been entire sermons of REPENT.
- The Bible never says REPENT OF YOUR SIN to be saved.
- Repenting of sin is a WORK, and you aren’t saved by works AT ALL.
 Jonah 3:10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.
- Turning from your evil way is a work. The Bible says so right there. It takes work to stop sinning.
- You don’t have to STOP SINNING in any way to be saved. Being saved comes first.
- Then, you get the HOLY SPIRIT, and then you can choose to obey God or not.
- If not, your life isn’t going to be so easy. God is watching you because you’re HIS CHILD now.
- After you’re saved, you need to know how to OBEY GOD. That’s why you need a good church.
- Not a false church. You need one that teaches the ONE TRUE GOD and isn’t scared to teach it.
- God will offend you. The Bible will offend you. You have to get over all of that and do what God says.
Many false preachers will attempt to use James Chapter 2 to say that you MUST have works to be saved.
- They say, “Works are the evidence that you’re saved.” You need to see this today.
- And you need to understand James Chapter 2 so no false preacher can pull this one over on you.
- And you need to know the hundreds of other Bible verses that teach it’s faith alone that saves.
- I personally can’t believe these false preachers take one verse and ignore the hundreds of others.
 James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
- I guess they missed that verse earlier in the chapter. One sin makes you guilty of the whole law.
- They love this next verse. It’s a question. It’s not answered.
 James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
- They’ll say: “SEE!!! You must have works to be saved.” Is that what it says? No, it doesn’t say that.
- Read the entire book of Galatians and then tell me that you’re saved by works.
- Read the entire book of Romans and then tell me that you’re saved by works.
- Can faith alone save you without any works? YES, the entire Bible teaches that from front to back.
 James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
- Faith WITHOUT works is DEAD!!! Yes, that’s a true statement. So, are works needed to be saved?
- Let’s actually look at what this says. FAITH without works is dead.
- So, does FAITH WITHOUT WORKS exist? Yes, or the verse wouldn’t make any sense AT ALL.
- Why would the Bible talk about FAITH WITHOUT WORKS if it didn’t exist.
- Of course someone can have FAITH without any works. Will that FAITH save them? YES!!!
Faith Without Works MUST Exist Because God Says So
That verse DOES NOT say: “Faith without works does not exist.” It says: Faith without works is dead.
- FAITH is there but it there’s no GOOD WORKS to go along with it.
- Will you make it to heaven without any good works? Will faith alone get you there? OH YEAH IT WILL.
- JESUS CHRIST says so HIMSELF over and over again in the Bible.
So, if you look at me can you see that I have faith? If I say nothing, can you see that I have faith.
- Let’s say you didn’t know me at all. You just looked at me as a complete stranger. Can you see my faith?
- No, you can’t. I can’t see yours and you can’t see mine.
- I can tell you that I have faith. I can speak it to you, but where’s the proof? How are you going to know?
- You can trust what I’m saying, but I can only show you my faith through good works.
- And then I could fool you and not really have faith like JUDAS ISCARIOT.
- Understand that JUDAS ISCARIOT went out with all the disciples preaching. Did that save Judas? NO!!!
- JUDAS crept in unawares. The other Apostles didn’t know he didn’t believe because you can’t see faith.
- JESUS, though, He knew that Judas didn’t have faith. You can’t fool God with so-called good works.
 James 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
- I say that you have FAITH, and I have works. I’ll say, “Hey, you say you have faith.”
- “Well show me that you have faith.” How would you show me that you have faith?
- “I’ll show you my faith by my works.” That’s the only way to show someone your faith.
- And it could be false at that JUST like Judas. That’s how people creep in unawares.
- They say they have faith, but they don’t. They do the same works, but you can’t see their faith.
 James 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
- If you have faith and you don’t’ do anything with it, that’s not good.
- “Well, I got my eternal life. Good luck to you all.” Faith without works doesn’t profit anyone else.
- You are supposed to take your faith and turn it into a HUGE TREE OF LIFE.
- You’re supposed to go out and preach the Gospel. Tell your family, friends, neighbors, community.
- If you keep it all to yourself, it doesn’t profit anyone else. Your faith is just yours. You’re saved.
- But you don’t help anyone else. That’s what “FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD” actually means.
- It doesn’t say FAITH WITHOUT WORKS leads to hell. It just means your faith isn’t profiting anyone else.
 James 2:14-16 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
- If someone needs clothes and you don’t give them clothes, it doesn’t profit them.
- If someone needs eternal life and you don’t show them that it’s through faith, it doesn’t profit them.
- So, does faith stand alone without any works? False preachers say, NO, NO, NO, it doesn’t.
- The same chapter they try to use to say you MUST have works says this. Hear this.
 James 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
- So, can faith exist without having any works? Can faith stand alone without any works?
- It says that it can right there. FAITH IS ALONE without works. When it’s alone, it’s dead.
- That doesn’t mean you aren’t saved. It means you’re not doing anything with your faith.
- Is it a good thing to not do anything with your faith? NO. That’s the point of the chapter.
James Chapter 2 Is Written To Saved People
The chapter was written to SAVED people to get them working for God.
- We aren’t supposed to be lazy bums and not do anything for other people.
- Do you want people looking up from hell asking you why you didn’t tell them the truth?
- Yeah, that happened in the Bible with the rich man. He looked up and was in torment.
- Abraham told him that he couldn’t help him. It was impossible to help him now.
- The rich man said, “Abraham, please go tell my family. I have 5 brothers. Please tell them.”
 Luke 16:29-31 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. 30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. 31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
- The rich man wanted to send his 5 brothers an extraordinary sign. God already did all that.
- Abraham said: “They won’t hear Moses and the prophets. They won’t be persuaded.”
- JESUS CHRIST rose from the DEAD!!! Is that not a good enough sign for your brothers?
- Remember, Jesus said that’s the only sign you’re getting.
- All you have to do it believe on the LORD JESUS CHRIST. Repent is a change of mind.
- It’s like a light switch in your head. “Hey God, I now believe that Jesus will save me.”
- BAM. Done. You’re saved. God never adds anything else to that.
These false preachers are grasping for straws. Anything they find can easily be explained the right way.
- They like to twist all the SCRIPTURE and tell you that you need to prove to them that you’re saved.
- So again, can you have FAITH without any works and be saved? The answer is directly given here.
 Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
- If you work not BUT believe on HIM then your faith is counted for righteousness.
- If you want to add your own works to it, then it’s not faith alone and you aren’t saved.
- The only way you can be saved is through FAITH ALONE. You can’t add your works to save you.
You can’t say, “God, I trust you fully BUT I want to have a backup just in case you don’t come through.”
- Is that fully trusting in God to save you? No. And it’s a ridiculous plan anyway.
- You actually think some of your good works is going to save you when God said they don’t?
- It’s sort of like when you get married. “Well, honey, I trust you as my wife BUT I need a backup.”
- “This other woman decided to be your backup in case you aren’t a good wife.”
- Think about that. GOD SAYS: “To him that worketh NOT but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly.”
- What’s it take? FAITH ALONE. Believing on Jesus 100% to save you is FAITH.
If you need to add something else to faith, then faith doesn’t exist. Adding works means faith isn’t there.
- Adding works means you’re trying to gain it yourself. Then it’s no longer God’s grace that saves you.
 Romans 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
- If you don’t have God’s grace then you can’t be saved through faith.
- God’s grace means He gives you something you don’t deserve. It’s a gift from Him to you.
- All you have to do is take it by placing all your trust and confidence on HIM to do it all for you.
- It’s a gift that you don’t deserve. And it’s only way to be saved.
 Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
- If you want to work for it, you’ll never make it.
- Don’t let these false preachers talk you into something else.
- The most dangerous ones are the ones that say: “Oh yeah, I believe it’s by grace through faith, BUT…”
- And then they add anything they want. “Well, you have to be baptized. You have to do this. That.”
- I know those false preachers. I’ve been around them my whole life. They’re tricky.
- They’re just like Billy Graham. You must repent of your sin to be saved. No, you don’t.
- Jesus didn’t say: “Verily, verily, I say unto you he that repent of his sins AND believes shall be saved.”
You Don’t Have To Prove Salvation To Anyone
To close today, how are you going to prove to me that you’re saved?
- I hope you now say, “Hey Josh, I don’t need to prove anything to you. You aren’t God.”
- And that’s the right answer. If I ever ask you that, tell me to go jump off a cliff.
- Why in the world would you need to prove that to me or any man? You don’t. We aren’t God.
- All you have to do is believe on Jesus Christ to save you, and it’s done. No proof required.
- You got it. You’re saved. It’s over. It’s done. Now, don’t have dead faith. Do something!!!
- Do the good works that God wants you to do. You don’t have to, but you should.
- One last verse because I want to make sure you got this one down today.
- You need to memorize this one and quote it often.
 Acts 16:30-31 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
- WHAT MUST I DO TO BE SAVED? Does it say I must prove myself through good works?
- Does it say: I must show all the fruits of the Spirit?
- Does it say: I must stop sinning? I must cry for 75 hours? I must read my Bible 30 minutes per day?
- I must go to church every time the doors open?
- I must not get angry any more? I must love everyone no matter what?
- I must give all my money to the church for basketball courts? “We sure need those courts.”
- I must feed the homeless when the news camera comes over and then go home once their gone?
- Is that what that verse says? Let’s STOP listening to the false preachers.
- If we stop supporting and instead choose God, they’ll go away.
- They’ll find a job instead of taking all your money to their father the DEVIL.
And remember, the best proof of someone being saved, is seeing God’s words, hearing them, and believing them.
- Do you believe that SCRIPTURE on the screen right now? What must you to do to be saved?
- It’s the easiest thing ever. Change your mind and believe. You don’t even have to move or get up.
- You don’t have to walk in the front of the church. You don’t have to do any physical work at all.
- God is an amazing God. He did all the work for us. He died for you and I. He arose from the dead.
- Jesus is the only way. Don’t make your own way. Just trust HIM and HIS SACRIFICE. That’s all.