- Sermon Slides for Sermon Rejecting God And What Happens: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Rejecting God And What Happens: PDF
 The title of the sermon today is “REJECTING GOD AND WHAT HAPPENS.”
“The Bible Is So Negative”
- Many people today will say that the Bible is negative. There’s so many negative things in the Bible.
- The so-called pastors of today’s so-called Christian churches HATE the negative parts of the Bible.
- And that’s exactly why I love the Bible because they are THE PROOF of why the Bible has so many negative parts to it.
From the beginning of the Bible to the very end of the Bible, God warns us over and over again.
- Do you know how many warnings God gives us in the Bible?
- What does God tell us to do? He tells us to simply do what He says.
- We will always do good if we simply do what He says. And we’re on His good side when we do good.
- When we decide not to do what God says, this is called rejecting God and His commandments.
- When we reject God, then you’re going to see negative things.
- There’s so many NEGATIVE things in the Bible because people were rejecting God.
The false preachers in today’s world, the worldly preachers, HATE the negative parts of the Bible.
- The negative parts of the Bible are there because people wanted to reject God.
- These false preachers who think they’re doing God service are actually rejecting God.
- So, all of those warnings and negative parts of the Bible are going to come to them.
- And then we’ll see how much they DISLIKE those negative parts of the Bible.
If we were to go back as far as you can in the Bible, can you think of the first time someone rejected God?
- God said to do something. That person didn’t do what God clearly told them to do.
- That’s called rejecting God. And let’s see the first time this happened within the Bible.
- We go to Genesis Chapter 2. It didn’t take long for the first man and woman to reject God’s word.
 Genesis 2:16-17 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: 17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
- Just one tree. The tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Don’t eat of that tree.
- That’s very easy and very simple to understand. “Do you see that tree? Don’t eat of that tree.”
- That’s coming from Almighty God, YOUR MAKER. The one who made you said, “Don’t eat of that tree.”
- DO NOT DO IT. And what happened? The subtle serpent deceives Eve.
 Genesis 3:1-3 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? 2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: 3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
- God clearly says, “DO NOT EAT OF THIS TREE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GARDEN.”
- Eve knows that’s the command. She wasn’t confused. God hath said, “YE SHALL NOT EAT OF IT.”
- If you do eat of it, you will die. She knows exactly what God said, and she knows the consequences.
- Just like God gives us His words, all of them right here in the Bible, and He says do what I say.
- And we know that if we don’t, we’re rejecting God’s words, and negative things are going to happen.
- What does Eve do? She eats of the tree that God said don’t eat.
- What does Adam do? Adam knew what God said. Adam hearkens to his wife’s voice over God’s words.
- In other words, Adam rejected God’s command and instead hearkened to his wife’s command.
The serpent started it. Eve kept it going. Adam hearkened to his wife’s voice.
- So what happened? Some very negative things happened.
- The false preachers say, “Oh, we don’t want to focus on the negative. Only the positive.”
- And that’s the problem in churches today. They don’t understand they better do what God says.
- If they don’t, you better understand the negatives that are coming to you.
- God starts handing out the curses. The serpent first. Eve next. Adam last.
- The serpent is cursed above all beasts. Upon thy belly. Eat dust all your life.
- The woman’s sorrow is multiplied in conception. Her husband will rule over her.
 Genesis 3:17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
 Genesis 3:18-19 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; 19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
- Then Adam and Eve are kicked out of paradise on earth. They had it good.
- The lenient people of today’s world would say, “God, now was that fair?”
- “All they did was eat of the fruit of the tree. That wasn’t that bad.”
- “You had to curse us all for all time because Adam and Eve ate of that tree? Really God.”
- “That’s just not fair.” Preachers are falling right in line with that way of thinking.
- They question God and reject God’s words. They are hearkening unto other voices.
Adam hearkened unto his wife’s words OVER the word of God. He put his wife above God Almighty.
- He trusted her words over God’s words. That’s what Adam did right there.
- And that’s exactly what this entire world is doing today. Why is that?
- Because they think they know better than God. Their way MUST be better than God’s way.
The Bible Is Negative Because People Ignore God Almighty
As you read the Bible cover to cover, you’ll notice that people are constantly going against God.
- And what happens every single time? NEGATIVE THINGS. Very negative things.
- But the false preachers will say, “We should not focus on the negatives in the Bible.”
- Are you serious? This entire Bible is God’s words. You want to ignore them?
- But you act like you represent God? They don’t. They represent a false god that they made up.
- They are rebelling against the word of God just like Adam and Eve did with that first sin.
- Can you think of another example that would come next within the Bible? Maybe this helps.
 Genesis 4:1-2 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD. 2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
- Cain is the next example. In Genesis Chapter 4, we get another example.
 Genesis 4:3-5 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD. 4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering: 5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
- Abel did what God said so God had respect for Abel’s offering.
- Cain didn’t do what God said so God had ZERO respect for Cain’s offering.
- Cain wanted to do it his way and ignore God’s words. And then Cain gets very angry.
 Genesis 4:6-7 And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? 7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
- Cain gets mad because he didn’t do what God said to do. It’s his own fault. He takes out his anger on Abel.
- He ends up killing Abel. But God tells Cain that if he would just do what He says, all will be good.
- God ends up cursing Cain because of his sin. Nothing good comes from going against God.
- You might say: “Well, I know this isn’t right, but I’m going to do it anyway.”
I’ve done that many times before in my life and NOTHING good has ever come from it.
- That’s being just like Adam, Eve, and Cain right there. “I know this is wrong, God, but I don’t care.”
- That’s called stiffening your neck and going up against God. You will lose.
- And just so you know you’ll lose, the Bible gives us all of these negative examples.
- You need to know them. We then see the entire earth is filled with wickedness in Genesis Chapter 6.
- Evil and wickedness is doing things against God’s word. The earth was filled with evil and wickedness.
What happens? God destroys the earth with a flood. Just 8 make it through and the animals on the ark.
- That’s a very negative event there. Babies, children, women, men, pets, animals. All of them die.
- Why? Because the entire earth was going up against their MAKER. They lost.
- They rejected God and what happened? THEY LOST.
- And you might say: “Well, I don’t reject God in my life.” Really? Let’s keep going and let’s see.
- This sermon is a warning today to show you what happens when you go up against God.
- That’s why God gave us all these examples within the Bible. Why did Noah make it?
 Genesis 7:5 And Noah did according unto all that the LORD commanded him.
- Do you do everything the Lord commands you to do? Do you know everything He commands you to do?
- Reading His words daily and studying His words daily is the only way to know.
- If you want to be like Noah there in that verse, you need to know what God commands you to do.
There Is No Excuse For Not Knowing God’s Word
So, if you don’t know, God doesn’t give you a pass. He doesn’t accept excuses.
- You won’t be able to say, “Well God, I didn’t know.” He’ll laugh at you when you say that.
- He’ll say, “No, I gave you my words. You have them right there in your Bible.”
- Jesus asks people 7 times in the Gospels, “HAVE YE NOT READ?”
- He wants you to read and study His words.
 2 Timothy 2:15-16 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
- In our life, we shouldn’t answer people with profane words and vain or worthless talk.
- Don’t just spread lies from the TV and from the news. You should spread truth.
- And what is truth? GOD’S WORD IS TRUTH. If you want to make sure you aren’t lying, use God’s word.
 Proverbs 15:28 The heart of the righteous studieth to answer: but the mouth of the wicked poureth out evil things.
- If someone comes to you for help, you should study God’s word to find the answer.
- The wicked will simply spew out evil things that are lies. They aren’t the truth.
- So, if you aren’t studying God’s word, you won’t be doing what He commands.
- You won’t know what He wants. And what’s going to happen? You’re going to make Him angry.
- And He is real. He is watching. And He will get you. The Bible shows us this over and over again.
God’s way of ruling is easily seen in the Bible. He chooses someone to be His representative.
- For example, we see Moses as God’s representative. We see Joshua take over for Moses.
- Then we see the Book of Judges. God chooses a judge to rule over the people.
- God raises up that judge and gives that judge His backing. Let’s read from the Book of Judges.
 Judges 2:6-7 And when Joshua had let the people go, the children of Israel went every man unto his inheritance to possess the land. 7 And the people served the LORD all the days of Joshua, and all the days of the elders that outlived Joshua, who had seen all the great works of the LORD, that he did for Israel.
 Judges 2:8-9 And Joshua the son of Nun, the servant of the LORD, died, being an hundred and ten years old. 9 And they buried him in the border of his inheritance in Timnath-heres, in the mount of Ephraim, on the north side of the hill Gaash.
- The children of Israel were serving the Lord. They were hearkening to God’s word.
- But then Joshua dies. And let’s see what happens.
- Let’s say there’s someone like Joshua in your family who made your family serve the Lord.
- Well, then that man died, and what happened? Did someone else step up?
 Judges 2:10-11 And also all that generation were gathered unto their fathers: and there arose another generation after them, which knew not the LORD, nor yet the works which he had done for Israel. 11 And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD, and served Baalim:
- We see that no one stepped up to ensure the people served the Lord.
- Everyone does that which is right in their own eyes. “Well, I don’t think that’s wrong.”
- “Well, I do think that’s wrong. But stealing bread is okay if they’re hungry.”
- These children of Israel did evil and started serving other gods. They were rejecting God.
 Judges 2:12-13 And they forsook the LORD God of their fathers, which brought them out of the land of Egypt, and followed other gods, of the gods of the people that were round about them, and bowed themselves unto them, and provoked the LORD to anger. 13 And they forsook the LORD, and served Baal and Ashtaroth.
- The generations of today are doing the same thing. They are rejecting the Lord.
 Judges 2:14 And the anger of the LORD was hot against Israel, and he delivered them into the hands of spoilers that spoiled them, and he sold them into the hands of their enemies round about, so that they could not any longer stand before their enemies.
- Well, that’s very negative. God allowed their enemies to take over.
- They didn’t have a chance to defeat their enemies.
 Judges 2:15 Whithersoever they went out, the hand of the LORD was against them for evil, as the LORD had said, and as the LORD had sworn unto them: and they were greatly distressed.
- God had sworn that He would do all of these things to them. If you forsake God, He will forsake you.
- Here’s how God doesn’t work.
- You don’t get to ignore God all day every day and then call for Him when you need help.
- If you think that will work, it won’t.
- If you know you’re doing wrong against God, He won’t answer when you need help.
- That’s why it’s so important to not reject God’s word. You need to read it, study it, accept it, and do it.
 Judges 2:16-17 Nevertheless the LORD raised up judges, which delivered them out of the hand of those that spoiled them. 17 And yet they would not hearken unto their judges, but they went a whoring after other gods, and bowed themselves unto them: they turned quickly out of the way which their fathers walked in, obeying the commandments of the LORD; but they did not so.
- God would raise up these judges to help the people.
- And then they wouldn’t even listen to the person who helped them.
 Judges 2:18 And when the LORD raised them up judges, then the LORD was with the judge, and delivered them out of the hand of their enemies all the days of the judge: for it repented the LORD because of their groanings by reason of them that oppressed them and vexed them.
- God continues punishing people throughout the Bible who reject Him.
- Punishment after punishment after punishment. This didn’t have to be. The people turned it into this.
- If you read Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, and Joshua, you’ll see the warnings.
Will You Choose To Serve The Lord?
 Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
- Do you choose to serve the Lord today, or will you choose other things to serve?
- When you wake up in the morning, will you choose to pray to God and to read His words?
- When you’re on lunch break at work, will you choose to read God’s word?
- When you’re having dinner at home, will you choose God or will you choose TV?
- Will you choose the good way or the evil way?
- When you go to bed at night, will you have God on your mind or something evil?
- It’s your choice. CHOOSE YE THIS DAY WHOM YOU WILL SERVE. Will it be God?
- And hold on just a second before you say anything. Let’s read the next verse.
 Joshua 24:16 And the people answered and said, God forbid that we should forsake the LORD, to serve other gods;
 Joshua 24:18 And the LORD drave out from before us all the people, even the Amorites which dwelt in the land: therefore will we also serve the LORD; for he is our God.
- Is God Almighty in heaven, the living God, your God?
 Joshua 24:19-20 And Joshua said unto the people, Ye cannot serve the LORD: for he is an holy God; he is a jealous God; he will not forgive your transgressions nor your sins. 20 If ye forsake the LORD, and serve strange gods, then he will turn and do you hurt, and consume you, after that he hath done you good.
- If you choose to forsake the Lord and forget about Him, He will turn and do you hurt.
- He will consume you the Bible says. If you want to follow God, don’t turn back.
 Joshua 24:21 And the people said unto Joshua, Nay; but we will serve the LORD.
- The people said, “No, we won’t forsake the Lord. WE WILL SERVE THE LORD.”
- Well, what happened then? After Joshua, the people turned away from God.
- But they promised they wouldn’t turn from God.
 Joshua 24:22 And Joshua said unto the people, Ye are witnesses against yourselves that ye have chosen you the LORD, to serve him. And they said, We are witnesses.
- So today, do you choose to serve the Lord? If so, you are witnesses that you are choosing the Lord.
- God is hearing what you’re thinking right now. WILL YOU SERVE THE LORD?
- If you say YES today, let’s see what happens next in Joshua Chapter 24.
 Joshua 24:23 Now therefore put away, said he, the strange gods which are among you, and incline your heart unto the LORD God of Israel.
- Do you all the other things that are first in your life? Your job, your family, your children, sports?
- TV? Fun? If you put all those things before God, they are serving as your god.
- Joshua says, “PUT THEM AWAY RIGHT NOW. They are strange gods.”
- Instead, INCLINE YOUR HEART unto the Lord God Almighty. There’s nothing better than that.
 Joshua 24:24 And the people said unto Joshua, The LORD our God will we serve, and his voice will we obey.
- Will you choose the Lord? Will you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to save you?
- Will you trust Him and receive everlasting life today?
- Will you say, “The Lord our God will I serve, and His voice will I obey?”
- Or, will you choose to listen to the false preachers, false “Christians,” radio stations, and TV?
- Or, will you listen to God’s word? There’s a HUGE difference. It’s not the same.
- Right after this in Joshua Chapter 24, Joshua sets up an actual stone.
 Joshua 24:26-27 And Joshua wrote these words in the book of the law of God, and took a great stone, and set it up there under an oak, that was by the sanctuary of the LORD. 27 And Joshua said unto all the people, Behold, this stone shall be a witness unto us; for it hath heard all the words of the LORD which he spake unto us: it shall be therefore a witness unto you, lest ye deny your God.
- Do you know how Joshua setup a stone? Well, baptism in water is similar.
- If you’re saved and you haven’t been baptized after you were saved, then baptism is the same thing.
- When you come to be baptized, you’re saying: “I CHOOSE TO SERVE THE LORD.”
- “I understand that Jesus died for me. I understand that He was buried in the tomb.”
- “I understand that He arose from the dead.” Baptism is a picture of His death, burial, and resurrection.
And when you come to get baptized, you’re saying: “I’m here to follow the Lord.”
- If you haven’t been baptized AFTER you’ve believed, then it’s time to be baptized.
- It’s time for you to take a stand for God and say, “As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
- If you’ve already done this, then you’ve already made that oath with God.
- And if you aren’t following God, remember the warnings. He will turn and do you hurt.
- If you’ve been rejecting God in your life, you need to stop today and get back to God before it’s too late.
God helped the people by raising up these judges after Joshua. They forsook God but He still helped them.
- Why is that? Because there were some good ones still left.
- But guess what? It didn’t take long, and the people didn’t want God’s way anymore.
- They didn’t want God to raise up a judge to help them. We move into the Book of 1 Samuel Chapter 8.
 1 Samuel 8:4-6 Then all the elders of Israel gathered themselves together, and came to Samuel unto Ramah, 5 And said unto him, Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations. 6 But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the LORD.
- They didn’t want a judge any more. They wanted a KING like all the other nations.
- They didn’t understand that they had a heavenly King choosing the judge for them.
- They wanted an earthly king like all the other nations.
- What’s that called when you don’t want God’s way? That’s called rejecting God. Let’s continue.
 1 Samuel 8:7 And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.
- They were rejecting God by wanting a king to rule over them. Samuel was their judge already.
- So, this rejection of Samuel hurt him because he had always helped the people.
- God told Samuel, “They haven’t rejected you, Samuel. They have rejected me.”
- “They don’t want me to rule over them.”
 1 Samuel 8:8 According to all the works which they have done since the day that I brought them up out of Egypt even unto this day, wherewith they have forsaken me, and served other gods, so do they also unto thee.
- They are rejecting Samuel, but they’re really rejecting God. Rejection hurts.
- It’s not so bad if a stranger rejects you. But it hurts when your family rejects you.
- And that’s what happened to Samuel. And that’s what happened to God.
Rejection By The Ones Close To You Hurts
When you do your best to get your family to turn to the ONE TRUE GOD and they continuously reject you, it hurts.
- You’ll cry over it. You’ll shed tears over it because you know what’s going to happen to them.
- And the rejection hurts deep down into your soul. And you plead with them over and over again.
- All you’ve ever done for them is good, but they continue to reject you.
- That was Samuel right there. And that was God right there. It hurts.
- What happened? God gave them what they wanted. He gave them a king, but He warned them.
 1 Samuel 8:11 And he said, This will be the manner of the king that shall reign over you: He will take your sons, and appoint them for himself, for his chariots, and to be his horsemen; and some shall run before his chariots.
 1 Samuel 8:12 And he will appoint him captains over thousands, and captains over fifties; and will set them to ear his ground, and to reap his harvest, and to make his instruments of war, and instruments of his chariots.
 1 Samuel 8:13 And he will take your daughters to be confectionaries, and to be cooks, and to be bakers.
 1 Samuel 8:14 And he will take your fields, and your vineyards, and your oliveyards, even the best of them, and give them to his servants.
 1 Samuel 8:15 And he will take the tenth of your seed, and of your vineyards, and give to his officers, and to his servants.
 1 Samuel 8:16 And he will take your menservants, and your maidservants, and your goodliest young men, and your asses, and put them to his work.
 1 Samuel 8:17 He will take the tenth of your sheep: and ye shall be his servants.
- God is saying, “The king you want will take everything you have. I don’t do that. You’re free under me.”
- And this is what you want?
 1 Samuel 8:18 And ye shall cry out in that day because of your king which ye shall have chosen you; and the LORD will not hear you in that day.
- God says, “If I give you what you want, but I’m warning you my way is better.”
- “When you cry out because of your king, I won’t hear you cry.”
- In other words, God’s way is always better. Don’t reject His ways. You should want His ways in your life.
- Do you think the people listened to the warnings?
 1 Samuel 8:19-20 Nevertheless the people refused to obey the voice of Samuel; and they said, Nay; but we will have a king over us; 20 That we also may be like all the nations; and that our king may judge us, and go out before us, and fight our battles.
- The people refused the word of God. They said, “NOPE, we don’t want God’s way.”
- “We want to be like all the other nations. We want a king to judge us. Not you, God.”
- “We want an earthly king to go out before us. We want an earthly king to fight our battles.”
- Do you hear this? Would you rather have God Almighty fighting for you or some man?
- There is no comparison. Not even close. That’s called rejecting God.
- So today, don’t make this same mistake. Tomorrow, don’t make that same mistake.
- Next week, don’t forget about God. Next month, don’t forget about God.
- Next year, don’t forget about God. Next decade, don’t forget about God.
- Please, choose today to serve God and nothing else.
When you’re in heaven one day, you could look back at this day right now and say:
- “That’s the day I chose to follow God.” I am so glad I chose to follow God that day.
- And that’s the reason I have all of these eternal rewards in heaven. I chose to follow God that day.
- And that day is right now. You can make that choice and never look back.
- Every time you make a decision to go against God things will get bad.
- The entire Bible is fill of these mistakes that people made by rejecting God.
 1 Samuel 10:18 And said unto the children of Israel, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I brought up Israel out of Egypt, and delivered you out of the hand of the Egyptians, and out of the hand of all kingdoms, and of them that oppressed you:
 1 Samuel 10:19 And ye have this day rejected your God, who himself saved you out of all your adversities and your tribulations; and ye have said unto him, Nay, but set a king over us. Now therefore present yourselves before the LORD by your tribes, and by your thousands.
- Saul becomes King of the Israelites right there in 1 Samuel Chapter 10.
- Did that turn out well for them? No, it didn’t. Saul turned out to be a bad king who ignored God.
- Sail committed suicide as a punishment from God for going against God.
- Then we see King David. He made lots of mistakes. Then King Solomon. He made lots of mistakes.
- Wisest man to ever live, and he still goes and worships false gods. Why? Because he loved women.
- And the women caused him to worship other gods. There is no perfect man.
- Why would you want to listen to a man over the perfect word of God? Always choose God.
God Will Give You What You Want
But notice that God gave them what they wanted. They didn’t want God. So He says, “Okay, you won’t have me.”
- And when God goes away from you, all the goodness in your life is gone.
- The only reason there is any goodness in your life is God. If He turns His back on you, you’re in trouble.
- And you don’t want that kind of trouble. If you stick to God, WOW, you have GOD on your side.
- You could have 1 zillion men on your side and God could smash them in a split second.
- Why would you want to reject God and choose other things? If you do, you don’t know what you’re doing.
- Those children of Israel didn’t want God ruling over them. They didn’t know what they were doing.
- God warned them, and God warns you all throughout the Bible from cover to cover.
 1 Samuel 15:22 And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.
- King Saul started rejecting the commandments of God. He didn’t want to obey God.
- The greatest thing you can do is OBEY THE VOICE OF THE LORD.
- There is no greater work than obeying the voice of the Lord. His voice is in the Bible.
 1 Samuel 15:23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.
- Samuel tells Saul, “If you want to ignore God’s word and reject God, God will reject you as king.”
- And that’s what God did. He made David king and rejected Saul. He got rid of Saul.
- If God would do that to Saul, he’ll do it to others too when they reject Him.
 2 Kings 17:20 And the LORD rejected all the seed of Israel, and afflicted them, and delivered them into the hand of spoilers, until he had cast them out of his sight.
- God did the same thing to all the seed of Israel. All the children of Israel. He cast them out of His sight.
- Do you think He’ll do that to you if you love Him and keep His commandments? No, He won’t.
- But, if you do go against Him, He can and will do the same to you.
 Jeremiah 6:19 Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not hearkened unto my words, nor to my law, but rejected it.
- When you reject God’s words, He will bring EVIL upon you. It’s really that simple.
 Jeremiah 8:9 The wise men are ashamed, they are dismayed and taken: lo, they have rejected the word of the LORD; and what wisdom is in them?
- When you reject God and His words, there is ZERO wisdom within you. It’s not wise to reject God.
- It’s about the same as driving up a 15,000 foot mountain covered with ice and snow on a motorcycle.
- It’s not wise at all. But rejecting God is the dumbest thing anyone can do. Don’t do it.
- What happened here in Jeremiah Chapter 8 when they rejected God?
 Jeremiah 8:10 Therefore will I give their wives unto others, and their fields to them that shall inherit them: for every one from the least even unto the greatest is given to covetousness, from the prophet even unto the priest every one dealeth falsely.
 Jeremiah 8:13 I will surely consume them, saith the LORD: there shall be no grapes on the vine, nor figs on the fig tree, and the leaf shall fade; and the things that I have given them shall pass away from them.
 Jeremiah 8:17 For, behold, I will send serpents, cockatrices, among you, which will not be charmed, and they shall bite you, saith the LORD.
- Just don’t go up against God. Don’t believe the words in this world over God’s word.
- “God wouldn’t ever do that to you. It’s okay. Only good comes from God. He won’t punish you.”
- Those are lies from the world, from the churches, from the false preachers.
 Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
- There is not a good parent around that wants God to forget their children.
- If the threats to you don’t work, will the threats to your children work? That’s what God had to do.
- And when He makes a threat, He will follow through with that threat.
- I plead with God, “Please don’t punish my children for what I’ve done in my life.”
- “Please punish me and not my children. I am so sorry Lord for what I’ve done. Please don’t punish them.”
- Why do people in churches today reject the commandment of God? Jesus tells us in the Book of Mark.
 Mark 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
- You reject the commandment of God so you can keep your own tradition.
- Baptists must do their altar calls. “COME TO THE ALTAR AND GET RIGHT WITH GOD.”
- We don’t need an altar. We don’t need a show in church. Jesus is the altar. Jesus is the sacrifice.
- The Pentecostals need their “I shoulda bought a Honda but I bought Kia” speaking in babble.
Speaking In Babble Is Not In The Bible
Find one example of speaking in babble in the Bible. It’s not there. That’s a made up tradition.
- They are the same ones who won’t believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. But they have their traditions.
- The Catholics pray to Mary. The Bible NEVER says to pray to Mary. That doesn’t work.
- The Baptists teach you better not have a beard, but Jesus had a beard.
- Men better not wear shorts, but the priests in the tabernacle wore shorts.
- Women, don’t cut your hair or you’ll go to hell. The Bible doesn’t say that.
- They’ll fight you over all those things, but they’ll reject the commandment of God.
 John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
- That’s the simplest verse in the Bible on how to receive everlasting life. Believe on Jesus.
- That’s THE SAVIOR speaking right there. Ask all of the denominations how to receive everlasting life.
- They’ll tell you everything BUT believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- “There’s 7 things you must do. You must do this. You must do that.” Blah, blah, blah.
- Jesus says there’s one thing and the entire Bible matches what Jesus says.
- And then you get the Church of Christ telling you things like this.
- Notice that God does 11 things to save us. We must do 6 things to be saved.
- “We have to work our way up this stairway to heaven, but we’re not saved by works.”
- Do you see the confusion? The person who wrote this has no idea. They are CONFUSED.
- “Work your way up the steps to get your free gift.” Hey, that’s not free.
- They say you must have a lifetime of obedience to make into heaven. That’s what it says.
- Do you know how many examples in the Bible disprove these lies?
- Notice the red X on the lower right. WRONG WAY is faith alone.
 Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
 Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
 Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
 Galatians 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
 Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
- And that’s not all. The entire Bible proves we’re saved through FAITH alone. Not of works.
- Confusion is added when people BOW TO THE WORD of man over the WORD OF GOD.
- God’s word is not confusing. When you add the word of evil men, it is confusing.
- That’s called rejecting the word of God so you can keep the tradition of men.
 John 12:46-47 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. 47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
- If you want to receive everlasting life right now that never ends at this moment, believe on Jesus.
- But if you hear the words of Jesus right now and believe not, what is that called?
- That’s called you rejecting Jesus. And Jesus says, “I JUDGE HIM NOT.” But read the next verse.
 John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
- God will judge you if you won’t believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- And if you’ve rejected Jesus, that judgement will lead to you being thrown into hell.
- The ultimate rejection from God is being thrown into hell.
- And if you go your whole life rejecting Jesus Christ, God will reject you and throw you into hell.
 Hebrews 6:8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
- The most important thing you can do right now is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- That means trust Him to save you, know that He can save you from your sins, and know that He will.
- Change your mind right now and ask Jesus to save you. And it’s done. Believe on Jesus and it’s done.
- You receive everlasting life. And then, you need to follow God’s commandments.
- Or, you can end up like Saul. Saul went to heaven but God had to remove him from this world.
- Why? Because he continued to ignore God’s word.
You Aren’t Rejecting God When You Believe Him
If you believe on Jesus Christ, you are no longer rejecting God.
- After you’ve believed, you can then do good works through faith and receive eternal rewards in heaven.
- Those rewards are everlasting rewards. If you go against God in your life, you can lose those rewards.
- You don’t want to do that. Don’t listen to men and women of this world. Listen to God.
- Do what He says. Don’t reject Him at all. Go to heaven with rewards in heaven waiting for you.
 John 14:2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
- And one day, I want to come see your mansion in heaven. I am reserving my tour with you right now.
- In that mansion, you won’t have to worry about the gutters getting clogged.
- You won’t have to worry about the foundation cracking, the basement flooding, the heat going out.
- The air conditioner going out. The roof going bad. No worries at all.
 Revelation 7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
 Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
- Doesn’t that sound great?
- All you need to do right now is believe on Jesus to save you, and you’ll be there.
- Now, go out of here saying: “AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSE, WE WILL SERVE THE LORD.”
- And don’t just say it. Go do it.