- Sermon Slides for Sermon Revelation Chapter 15: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Revelation Chapter 15: PDF
 The title of the sermon today is “REVELATION CHAPTER 15.”
God Prepares To Pour Out His Wrath
- If you remember, God was preparing to pour out HIS WRATH at the end of Chapter 14.
- We saw the Rapture happen in Revelation Chapter 14 and then God preparing to pour out HIS WRATH.
- That continues in Revelation Chapter 15.
 Revelation 15:1 And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.
- John now sees a great and marvellous sign in heaven.
- seven angels having the seven last plagues. And these plagues are the WRATH OF GOD.
- God doesn’t pour out HIS WRATH on the saved.
 1 Thessalonians 5:5-7 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. 7 For they that sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
 1 Thessalonians 5:8-10 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. 9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
- Notice that verse 9 says that “GOD HATH NOT APPOINTED US TO WRATH.”
- So, we know we already saw the RAPTURE in Chapter 14.
- God is not pouring out HIS WRATH on all of the saved believers. The rapture happens first.
I want to make something very clear today when it comes to the order of events in Daniel’s 70th week.
- The tribulation is not God’s wrath being poured out.
- When seal #1 comes, that’s not God going forth to conquer.
 Revelation 6:1-2 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see. 2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
- That’s an imitation of Jesus Christ who is called the anti-Christ.
- When seal #2 comes, it’s not God pouring out HIS WRATH.
 Revelation 6:3-4 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see. 4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
- If we keep going, the third seal and the fourth seal are not God pouring out HIS WRATH.
- The first 5 seals are the TRIBULATION and it’s not from God. How do we know this?
- It’s very easy and simple to see this and understand this when we get to the FIFTH SEAL.
 Revelation 6:9-10 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
- This 100% tells us that the FIFTH SEAL is not God pouring out HIS WRATH.
- Why? Because the SAVED people are being killed.
- That’s not God killing HIS OWN PEOPLE with HIS WRATH.
- And then those MARTYRS ask God how much longer will it be before you avenge us?
- So obviously, God’s wrath hasn’t started yet in the first half of the 7-year period.
The Antichrist Is Coming Into Power During The First 3-1/2 Years
The anti-Christ is coming into power during the first half.
- When we hit the middle of the week or the 3-1/2 year mark, the ANTI-CHRIST is now in power.
- The GREAT TRIBULATION begins and the anti-Christ targets God’s people and continue to kill them.
- Then we see the RAPTURE after the TRIBULATION. Then we’re going to see God’s wrath being poured out.
- So, we see this EXACT SAME ORDER in the first half of Revelation, Chapters 1 through 11.
- And then we see the same order in the second half of Revelation, Chapters 12 through 22.
And the order of events that we see TWICE in the Book of Revelation, matches the rest of the Bible.
- Matthew Chapter 24, Mark Chapter 13, Luke Chapter 21, 1 Thessalonians Chapter 4 and 5.
- They all show the exact same order of events. The Book of Daniel also gives us the order.
- There are 2 COMINGS of Jesus Christ in the Bible: the first already happened when He came to earth.
- His second coming will happen when He comes in the clouds on the Lord’s Day at the RAPTURE.
The PRE-TRIBULATION FALSE PREACHERS teach that the Rapture isn’t the second coming of Jesus Christ.
- They use 1 Thessalonians Chapter 4 verse 17 as their RAPTURE Scripture.
- And say that the RAPTURE doesn’t count as the SECOND COMING of Jesus Christ.
- But watch what 1 Thessalonians Chapter 4 says starting in verse 15.
 1 Thessalonians 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
- This is talking about the RAPTURE. Notice it says, “That we which are alive and remain unto THE COMING OF THE LORD.”
- Let’s look at the very next verse as verse 15 is obviously talking about the RAPTURE.
 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
- The BIBLE itself calls the RAPTURE the “COMING OF THE LORD.”
- But the false preachers say that the Rapture doesn’t count as a coming of the Lord.
- They say God would never pour out HIS WRATH during the Tribulation on the saved believers.
- But the problem is, they get that wrong. God isn’t pouring HIS WRATH during the Tribulation.
- That’s the dragon, the first beast, and the second beast causing the problems.
- Remember that the DRAGON or SATAN gets kicked out of heaven for good.
- He’s angry, he’s wroth, and he is the one that is causing the troubles on earth during the tribulation.
The Tribulation is the first 5 seals within the Book of Revelation.
- They obviously don’t last for a period of seven years. The timing given in the Bible is very obvious.
- God gives us the correct order and sequence of events over and over many times in the Bible.
- First, it’s the TRIBULATION. Then the Rapture happens after the tribulation.
- Then. God pours out HIS WRATH. That’s it. It’s very simple. Tribulation, Rapture, God’s wrath.
- So, again, we just the RAPTURE in Revelation Chapter 14 and now we see God’s wrath.
The Angels Have Vials Filled With Plagues = The Wrath Of God
So, we saw in verse of Revelation Chapter 15 that the angels have these vials filled up with plagues.
- We saw the 7 TRUMPETS of God’s Wrath in the first half of Revelation.
- We’ve already shown in past sermons that the TRUMPETS AND VIALS line up perfectly.
- But, we’re going to see that even more in Revelation Chapter 16.
- So, in Chapter 15, we aren’t going to see God’s wrath poured out yet.
- He’s preparing HIS WRATH to be poured out in the next Chapter. So, this chapter prepares us for that.
- Let’s start again in Revelation Chapter 15 verse 1 and see how this all builds up to the 7 vials.
 Revelation 15:1-2 And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God. 2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.
- We see the SAVED PEOPLE in verse 2 who achieved victory over the beast and now have the harps of God.
- Those are all the people who came out of GREAT TRIBULATION. Do you see that?
- They are now there in heaven. They gained victory over the BEAST and HIS IMAGE.
- They made it through the GREAT TRIBULATION without dying and made it to heaven.
- You see the same thing in Revelation Chapter 7.
- This multitude of SAINTS show up in heaven from the RAPTURE.
- So here in Chapter 14, they have HARPS and let’s see what happens next.
 Revelation 15:3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.
- Now, those SAINTS are singing the SONG OF MOSES and the SONG OF THE LAMB.
- So, the words to the SONG OF THE LAMB are given to us.
- “Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are thy ways. Thou King of Saints.”
- Deuteronomy Chapter 32 contains the SONG OF MOSES. Deuteronomy 31 tells us it’s coming.
 Deuteronomy 31:22 Moses therefore wrote this song the same day, and taught it the children of Israel.
- In this chapter of Deuteronomy, Moses tells the people that he knows they won’t continue to obey God.
 Deuteronomy 31:27 For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck: behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the LORD; and how much more after my death?
- So, in order to help them remember, MOSES writes a song.
- That tells you that MUSIC is great to remember. That’s why we sing psalms and hymns.
- The psalms and hymns that we sing teach proper BIBLE doctrine. If they don’t, we don’t sing them.
- The last verse in Deuteronomy Chapter 31 says this:
 Deuteronomy 31:30 And Moses spake in the ears of all the congregation of Israel the words of this song, until they were ended.
- Then, when we go to Deuteronomy Chapter 32 verse 1, we see the words of the SONG OF MOSES.
 Deuteronomy 32:1-3 Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth. 2 My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass: 3 Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God.
- These are the first words of the song. Notice it says, “My doctrine shall drop as the rain.”
- The SONG OF MOSES is filled with PROPER BIBLE DOCTRINE or teaching.
- That’s what we should be singing all the time.
- We don’t need weak and fake “GOD LOVES EVERYONE” music.
- Do you want to see the difference in the SONG OF MOSES and the current fake “Christian” music?
- Let’s see what the SONG OF MOSES says and compare it to so-called “CHRISTIAN” music today.
 Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
- So far so good. There’s nothing negative so far. GOD IS ONLY POSITIVE according to KLOVE.
- But, let’s keep going and see what else is there. The song goes all the way down to verse 43.
- I won’t go over all of the verses, but I’m going to read you a few verses of this song.
 Deuteronomy 32:5-6 They have corrupted themselves, their spot is not the spot of his children: they are a perverse and crooked generation. 6 Do ye thus requite the LORD, O foolish people and unwise? is not he thy father that hath bought thee? hath he not made thee, and established thee?
- Look, the song is going negative pretty fast. Why? So people will fear God. Sing this song and remember it.
- That’s the whole point of this song. Does anyone sing anything like this song today? NOPE.
- Let’s keep going and you’ll see what I mean.
 Deuteronomy 32:15-16 But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness; then he forsook God which made him, and lightly esteemed the Rock of his salvation. 16 They provoked him to jealousy with strange gods, with abominations provoked they him to anger.
- Jeshurun there is another name for the children of Israel.
- He says that you got comfortable, you forsook God, and lightly esteemed HIM. Sounds just like today.
- They went after strange gods. Just like churches today. This song won’t sound like their false god.
The Lord Greatly Hated Them
 Deuteronomy 32:19 And when the LORD saw it, he abhorred them, because of the provoking of his sons, and of his daughters.
- So the Lord GREATLY HATED them because they went after other gods that were NOT HIM.
- You have all these churches today proclaiming to use the Bible but nothing they say is within the Bible.
- They say GOD LVOES EVERYONE no matter what. Well, this SONG OF MOSES says different.
 Deuteronomy 32:20 And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.
- This generation HAS NO FAITH. A single ounce of faith is when you PUT ALL YOUR TRUST on Jesus Christ.
- Salvation is not of works. YOUA RE SAVED (past tense) once you put your trust on JESUS CHRIST.
- Churches today teach their followers that they MUST OBEY GOD and do all these wonderful works.
- They teach that YOU MUST be baptized, you MUST come to church, you MUST be a good person.
- If you do all these great things all your life, then you’ll be saved. Well, guess what?
- That’s the exact opposite of FAITH. “Children in whom is NO FAITH.” This is just like today.
- And we have this song of Moses in the Bible today to remind us.
- But then you get these DISPENSATIONAL false preachers that teach Deuteronomy is not for us.
 Deuteronomy 32:21-22 They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation. 22 For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.
- The ONE TRUE GOD is a jealous GOD. He gets jealous and HE GETS ANGRY.
- And you don’t want to make HIM jealous or angry. His jealousy and anger is righteous.
- Verse 22 there is the first time the word HELL is used in all the Bible.
- And notice this song is mentioned in REVELATION when God’s wrath is being prepared.
- This song talks about the WRATH OF GOD.
- False preachers say, “God wouldn’t every do anything to punish you or hurt you.”
- Well, that’s proved wrong on just about every single page of the Old Testament, but watch this.
 Deuteronomy 32:23-24 I will heap mischiefs upon them; I will spend mine arrows upon them. 24 They shall be burnt with hunger, and devoured with burning heat, and with bitter destruction: I will also send the teeth of beasts upon them, with the poison of serpents of the dust.
- If you reject God, HE WILL REJECT YOU. It’s that simple. He will throw you into hell.
- Do you see what this song teaches? Compare that to the false “CHRISTIAN” songs on the radio.
- This false CHRISTIAN god is some other god. I want you to see this today.
- Moses want his people to know these things and learn this song.
 Deuteronomy 32:25 The sword without, and terror within, shall destroy both the young man and the virgin, the suckling also with the man of gray hairs.
- Both the young man, the virgin, the baby, and the man of gray hairs.
- If you go after some false “CHRISTIAN” god, the one true God doesn’t care who you are.
- He says that He will destroy you and your children. That’s the ONE TRUE GOD.
- And you should read and learn the entire song in Deuteronomy Chapter 32.
- I’ll leave you with one more verse.
 Deuteronomy 32:39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.
- Do you see the nature of God? That is JESUS CHRIST!!! He is God.
- God the FATHER, God the SON, and God the HOLY SPIRIT don’t disagree. They all agree perfectly.
He says, “DON’T MESS WITH ME. There’s NO ONE who can deliver you out of my hand.”
- “I KILL. I GIVE LIFE. I WOUND YOU. AND I HEAL YOU. There is none other like me.”
- Songs help you remember words much easier.
- And this is the SONG OF MOSES that we see in Revelation Chapter 15.
Deuteronomy Chapter 32 = God’s Wrath
Much of God’s wrath can be seen in Deuteronomy Chapter 32.
- You’ll see fire being thrown to earth and beasts being sent to destroy them.
- Remember the locusts and the horses during God’s wrath?
- So, we see why the SONG OF MOSES is mentioned in Revelation Chapter 15.
And remember this SONG is being sung in HEAVEN before God’s wrath is poured out.
- So, it MUST be a very important song. We need to know it. We need to understand GOD.
- The SEVEN VIALS OF GOD’S WRATH are coming up soon. God gets angry. God has great wrath.
- Why does He get angry? Because He’s given us so much. He wants to give us eternal life.
- And people are stiff-necked and won’t accept the greatest gift in existence.
- It’s free, and people HATE GOD. That’s why God has anger and wrath. He created them.
- We also see Moses singing in Exodus Chapter 15.
 Exodus 15:1-3 Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea. 2 The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father’s God, and I will exalt him. 3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.
- Notice it says, THE LORD IS A MAN OF WAR. Mankind has forced God to be a man of war.
 Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
- If you haven’t seen this yet, you better get on God’s side today. When He speaks, you better listen.
- God doesn’t make false threats. He doesn’t talk big and not follow through.
- So, do you see how God loves music and songs so you can remember HIS TRUE NATURE?
The entire BOOK OF PSALMS is a song book. All PSALMS are filled with Bible doctrine.
- You can’t go wrong when you sing the PSALMS unless you change the words like the corrupted versions.
- Let’s continue in Revelation Chapter 15 verse 4.
 Revelation 15:4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.
- This verse sounds a lot like the SONG OF MOSES in Deuteronomy Chapter 32.
- We need to fear the Lord and glorify HIS NAME. He only is HOLY.
- “For all nations shall come and worship before thee.”
- So, we see a great connection between the Old Testament and New Testament in Revelation 15.
 Psalm 86:8-9 Among the gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord; neither are there any works like unto thy works. 9 All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name.
- You’ve heard me say this over and over again, but the Old and New Testament fit together perfectly.
- God doesn’t change HIS NATURE between the Old and New Testament.
- Exodus, Deuteronomy, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Psalms, and Isaiah can be found in Revelation Chapter 15.
- Notice again what it says at the end of verse 4. Let’s read that again.
 Revelation 15:4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.
- “FOR THEY JUDGMENTS ARE MADE MANIFEST.”
- You will see the judgment of God upon the wicked very soon is what this verse means.
- You’re going to see God’s wrath upon the UNSAVED WHO REJECTED GOD. Should you be happy for that?
- Well, let’s see. Should you be happy for the judgment of God when He pours out HIS WRATH?
- Should you be sad and upset at God for destroying the UNSAVED PEOPLE who rejected God?
- Well, let’s go back to the last verse in the SONG OF MOSES in Deuteronomy Chapter 32.
- I want you to see how all of this ties together perfectly.
 Deuteronomy 32:43 Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people.
- You should REJOICE, O YE NATIONS with all of the saved people.
- God will get the VENGEANCE on all of those people. Do you see that? You shouldn’t be sad.
- You should be rejoicing because you should know that everything God does is good.
- “Well, that’s not fair. That was some of my family down there.” Well, they had a choice just like you.
God Says To Rejoice When He Takes Vengeance
You might think that sounds mean, but God says to REJOICE. God is patient with all of them.
- God gives them chances over and over and over and over again.
- People who won’t accept Jesus can’t come into heaven. It’s that simple. Instead, they get God’s wrath.
- They follow after SATAN versus GOD. They get WRATH.
- You should REJOICE when God pours out HIS WRATH.
- So, is your mind correct with GOD? Would you rejoice for that? If not, you better get to the BIBLE.
- You need to increase your FAITH and TRUST God’s way. His way is always better than yours.
The people left on EARTH for God’s wrath DESERVE God’s wrath.
- You need to understand that God repays people perfectly.
- There’s an example in the Book of Revelation that I want you to see that shows how God repays.
 Revelation 16:4-6 And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood. 5 And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus. 6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.
- So, we’re coming up on Chapter 16. We’re almost there. You see the THIRD VIAL being poured out.
- The rivers and fountains of water become BLOOD.
- The angel says that God’s judgment is righteous. Why would turning the water into blood be righteous?
- It tells us why right there in verse 6.
- “For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets.” So now, what do they get?
- They get blood to drink. God says, “You wanted to spill the blood of my people. Have blood to drink.”
- “FOR THEY ARE WORTHY” of this judgment verse 6 says.
- In other words, don’t feel bad for those people. They are evil and wicked people.
 Revelation 16:7 And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments.
- So understand that GOD’S JUDGMENTS are always deserving. “True and righteous are they judgments.”
- Remember that those same people left on earth still won’t change their mind after what they’ve seen.
- So, look, they deserve what they get. And you should REJOICE in God’s wrath on those people.
- God completely destroys all of the wickedness and evil left on this earth.
 Revelation 15:5-6 And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened: 6 And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles.
- After the SAINTS sing the songs, John looks and he sees THE TEMPLE OF THE TABERNACLE.
- The temple of the tabernacle of the testimony is opening in heaven.
- Do you remember when we talked about the tabernacle and the candlestick?
- This is talking about the TEMPLE being opened and SEVEN ANGELS coming out of the temple.
In the Book of Exodus we see God giving Moses instructions to build the tabernacle.
- And you see that God gives Moses very specific instructions.
- You’ll see the tabernacle, ark, mercy seat, shew bread table, candlestick, curtains, vail, altar, and more.
- When you’re reading through that, you’ll probably be saying, “Wow, that’s a lot of detail.”
- Why is God giving us all of that detail? It’s because it’s patterned after the TABERNACLE IN HEAVEN.
 Hebrews 8:1-3 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; 2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man. 3 For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer.
 Hebrews 8:4-5 For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law: 5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.
- Moses makes the tabernacle after the pattern that God showed him in the mount.
- So, the tabernacle of the Lord, the feast days of the Lord are all a shadow of things to come.
 Colossians 2:16-17 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
- For example, the PASSOVER feast is a foreshadowing of Jesus Christ being the PASSOVER LAMB.
- The feast of first fruits is a foreshadowing of the RESURRECTION of Jesus Christ.
- Pentecost is the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
- The Blowing of the Trumpets is a foreshadowing of the TRIBULATION and TROUBLES coming.
- The Day of Atonement is a foreshadowing of the RAPTURE.
- The tabernacle that Moses built is patterned AFTER the tabernacle in heaven.
The Temple In Heaven Is Not Made With Hands
The tabernacle, altar, and all the vessels were created by the hands of man, right?
- The temple in heaven is not made by hands of man. Watch this Scripture from Hebrews Chapter 9.
- All of this should start to come together for you.
 Hebrews 9:19-22 For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people, 20 Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you. 21 Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry. 22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
- So, all of that was done by man. Built by man, sacrifices of animals by man, blood sprinkled by man.
- “WITHOUT SHEDDING OF BLOOD IS NO REMISSION.” But, do you think the animal blood forgave sins?
- No, of course not. The Bible says so in Hebrews Chapter 10.
 Hebrews 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
- The animal sacrifice was a FIGURE showing they knew God and HIS SACRIFICE to come.
- I want to continue where we left off in Hebrews Chapter 9. Verse 23.
 Hebrews 9:23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
- So, we’re seeing the things on the earth are patterned AFTER the things in heaven.
 Hebrews 9:24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
- Do you see where it says the HOLY PLACES made by HANDS are figures of the true?
- So, when Moses and the children of Israel build the tabernacle, it’s a figure of what’s in heaven.
- JESUS CHRIST doesn’t enter into the holy place that is on earth to forgive us of our sin.
 Hebrews 9:25-26 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others; 26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
- Jesus suffered ONCE for all sin of all time. HIS SACRIFICE forgives sin of those who trust in HIS SACRIFICE.
- It’s not your sacrifice of good works all your life. YOUR SACRIFICE doesn’t forgive sin.
- Animal sacrifices don’t forgive sin. YOUR WORKS don’t earn you a spot in heaven.
- “Well, I sacrificed all my life and gave to the poor and did all these wonderful works.”
- “God will let me into heaven.” No, it doesn’t work like that. Trust on the sacrifice Jesus made.
When Jesus Christ died, was buried, and rose again on the third day, HE entered into the tabernacle.
- And He offered HIS blood for us. He is the sacrifice.
- So, did Jesus enter into the temple in the earthly city of Jerusalem?
- No, He entered into the HEAVENLY tabernacle and that’s the same one we see in Revelation 15.
 Hebrews 9:27-28 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: 28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
- ONE TIME CHRIST was offered to bear the sins of all who accept HIM as their Savior.
- So, the temple being built in the Bible is a picture of the tabernacle in heaven. That’s it.
- The blood of the animals is a picture of the lamb of God being sacrificed.
- The blood of Jesus Christ was sprinkled on the mercy seat in HEAVEN. Not on earth.
- HIS BLOOD provides the forgiveness of sin.
- So, I wanted you to see that comparison of earthly things to heavenly things.
- Let’s continue and re-read verse 6 in Revelation Chapter 15.
 Revelation 15:6 And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles.
- The 7 angels come out of the temple with the 7 plagues.
- They are clothed in pure and white linen and they have a golden girdle about their chest.
 Ezekiel 44:17 And it shall come to pass, that when they enter in at the gates of the inner court, they shall be clothed with linen garments; and no wool shall come upon them, whiles they minister in the gates of the inner court, and within.
- That verse from EZEKIEL is giving the instructions to the priests.
- They are to be clothed in pure linen or cloth with no wool.
- Here’s a commandment from the Book of Deuteronomy.
 Deuteronomy 22:11 Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together.
- Why do you think that is? Most people are like “WHATEVER I wear what I want.”
- This is a PICTURE of what’s worn there in the temple in heaven.
- You can see this when the 7 angels come out of the temple wearing PURE WHITE LINEN.
- That’s why I think it’s hilarious that some churches teach that women will go to hell for wearing pants.
- What about the same people who wear garments with mixed fabrics? What about that?
- God tells us HIS RULES. If we had to follow all of them to make it to heaven, we’d be in big trouble.
- That’s the entire point of the Bible. YOU CAN’T FOLLOW THE WHOLE LAW. You’ve already failed.
Who Wore A Golden Girdle Upon His Chest?
Then you see in Revelation 15:6 that the angels have golden girdles on their chests.
- Do you remember who else in the Bible wore a golden girdle upon HIS CHEST?
 Revelation 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
- Jesus Christ wore a golden girdle in heaven. PAPS is equal to the chest or breasts.
- So, keep in mind that the angels are coming out of the heavenly temple with the 7 plagues.
- It’s almost time for God’s wrath to be poured out.
 Revelation 15:7 And one of the four beasts gave unto the seven angels seven golden vials full of the wrath of God, who liveth for ever and ever.
- ONE of the four beasts that surround the throne of God give SEVEN GOLDEN VIALS to the SEVEN ANGELS.
- I want to remind you what those FOUR BEASTS look like from Revelation Chapter 4.
 Revelation 4:6-7 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind. 7 And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.
- And we know those 4 beasts are SERAPHIMS because they have one FACE and 6 wings.
- CHERUBIMS have 4 faces and 4 wings. Seraphim’s are described in the Book of Isaiah.
 Isaiah 6:1-3 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. 2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. 3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.
- These seven golden vials are FULL OF THE WRATH OF GOD. Those are powerful vials.
- ONE of the 4 beasts or living creatures or SERAPHIMS hand the 7 vials full of God’s wrath to the 7 angels.
At the end of Revelation 15:7 we see it stress that “GOD lives forever and ever.”
- The Bible tells us that OUR GOD IS A LIVING GOD. He’s not wood, stone, iron, brass, silver, or gold.
- He’s not some fairy tale made up god that’s not living. He’s not TV, sports, homes, cars, money.
- He’s not someone who ever DIES. He is the living GOD!!! And He’s our God. He is powerful.
- All you have to do is take the AMAZING GIFT that He wants you to have. HE HAS THE POWER over death.
- He’s showed you enough in your life that you know He’s there. If not, you need to open your eyes.
 Deuteronomy 5:26 For who is there of all flesh, that hath heard the voice of the living God speaking out of the midst of the fire, as we have, and lived?
- Moses heard the VOICE OF THE LIVING GOD. He wrote it down for you and I for evidence.
- Do you think Moses is a liar? Do you think the Holy Ghost is a liar. I sure hope you don’t.
 1 Samuel 17:36 Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God.
- Don’t defy the armies of the LIVING GOD. That’s dumb.
- And David said that right there BEFORE it happened. And he was right.
 Psalm 42:1-2 To the chief Musician, Maschil, for the sons of Korah. As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. 2 My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
- Your soul should THIRST for the LIVING GOD. Love Him. Obey Him. He loves you and takes care of you.
 Jeremiah 10:10 But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.
- God isn’t dead. HE’S ALIVE FOREVER. Understand that. He’s not some fake dumb god like all the others.
- This is THE LIVING GOD within this BIBLE.
 Matthew 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
- Isn’t great to know that OUR GOD is alive. He’s in control of everything.
 2 Corinthians 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
- If you have the HOLY SPIRIT today within you, you’re saved. He’s not leaving you EVER.
- He’s alive within you. He dwells in you, He walks with you. HE IS YOUR GOD, the LIVING GOD.
 Hebrews 12:22-24 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
- It’s going to be amazing to walk into heavenly Jerusalem the city of the LIVING GOD.
- Hey, look, it’s an actual place in heaven. It’s not a fairy tale. It’s there right now, today.
- Your name is written in heaven and it can’t be removed once you’ve BELIEVED ON JESUS CHRIST.
- You can count on that today BECAUSE your GOD is the LIVING GOD. There are none other.
- All other false gods are dead now or they will be dead. SATAN will be dead in the future.
- He will be in the LAKE OF FIRE for eternity. Let’s go back to Revelation 15 verse 8.
 Revelation 15:8 And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled.
- God’s glory is so great that smoke fills the temple. God’s power is so great that smoke fills the temple.
- NO MAN could enter into that temple until the SEVEN PLAGUES from the SEVEN ANGELS were fulfilled.
 Isaiah 6:3-4 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory. 4 And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.
- This is talking about the GLORY OF THE LORD in heaven. THE HOUSE WAS FILLED WITH SMOKE.
 1 Kings 8:11 So that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud: for the glory of the LORD had filled the house of the LORD.
- If you think about smoke, it’s sort of like a cloud too.
- Pass through clouds in an airplane and it’s like thick smoke.
- SMOKE IS SO STRONG that you have to get away. It’s very powerful.
God’s Wrath Is Almost Here
So, in Revelation Chapter 15, we see that God’s wrath is almost here.
- Why does God pour out HIS WRATH? He does it to only those who aren’t saved.
- It’s only to those who HE HAS WARNED over and over and over again.
- They deserve HIS WRATH. He gave them life. They ignore HIM.
- They go up against HIM their entire life. And it’s time for pay back God says.
Do you really think God would make threats and not follow through with it?
- A weak leader does just that.
- They set rules and consequences for those rules, but they don’t follow through.
- What do you think happens? The rules NEVER get followed. That leader is a joke.
If I set serious rules at home with serious consequences, and my kids break them, what do you think happens?
- If I am a weak leader, I’ll just ignore what happened. Then, they’ll break the rules more often.
- They learn they can get by with so they start breaking more rules. I never hand out the punishment.
- That’s a weak leader. A STRONG LEADER hands out the punishment immediately.
 Proverbs 13:24 He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.
- Betimes means in a timely manner. Hand out the punishment immediately.
- If I tell my children to do something, and they yell, “NO!!!” what do you think would happen?
- I will follow the Bible to the best of my ability, and I will not spare the punishment. Why?
- Because I will correct my children so they don’t end up doing something stupid and hurting themselves.
Break God’s Rules = Harsh Punishment
In the Old Testament, the punishments were very harsh for breaking God’s rules.
- God HIMSELF just set the rules. The people saw the miracles that God did. They saw HIS POWER.
- They ignored HIS rules. That’s like my children yelling NO right in my face. It won’t end up good.
 Numbers 15:32-35 And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. 33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation. 34 And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him. 35 And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.
- The man is put to death because he did work on the Sabbath day.
- Does that sound serious to you? That’s why God put these examples in the Bible.
- God had just told them the seriousness of HIS COMMANDMENTS. He’s not joking.
- GOD IS NOT A JOKE of a leader. HE IS THE STANDARD FOR LEADERSHIP. He is the almighty GOD.
And in the Church, God sets rules for HIS CHURCH. He doesn’t tolerate certain sin within HIS CHURCH.
- He says in 1 Corinthians Chapter 5 that you should kick certain people out that commit certain sin.
- If they are sorry for their sin and stop doing these things, they are welcome back.
- If not, though, they can’t come back. God is a serious leader.
 1 Corinthians 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
- If we don’t keep God’s commandments for HIS CHURCH within a CHURCH, then why are we here?
- This is God’s Church. What’s happening to all the others? They aren’t God’s Church!!!
- They don’t understand how serious God is about HIS RULES.
Fornicators are people living together that aren’t married.
- Marriage is between a man and a woman. Everything else is fornication.
- No fornicators are welcome in God’s Church. That’s the consequence that GOD set.
- Covetous. Don’t want what other people have. Be happy with what you have. If not, God says you’re out.
Hey, look, I’m not the one that says this. God does. Do you see that?
- A railer is one who insults other people and uses bad language for no reason.
- A drunkard is an alcoholic. God says to kick them out of the Church.
- And look, we’re talking about SAVED PEOPLE who fall into these sins.
- Why is God so serious about this? Because those people have the Holy Spirit living within them.
- An extortioner is not welcome in God’s church. That’s using your power unmorally to gain from others.
 1 Corinthians 5:12-13 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? 13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
- God tells us to judge each other within the CHURCH. Help each other. Don’t do it in a bad way.
- The Bible tells us to put away the SAVED PERSON that is now doing wicked things like fornication.
- So, look, God is a serious God and you don’t get away with anything. God sees all.
 Jeremiah 23:23-24 Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off? 24 Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD.
- God is not far away. He’s close. He’s everywhere. He sees everything. Understand that right now.
- That’s why God’s wrath is justified on the people who HATE HIM and REJECT HIM.
- How knows everything about them. You can trust God knows who deserves HIS WRATH.
With that said, I hope this study on Revelation 15 has helped today.
- We’ll see God’s wrath being poured out in the Revelation Chapter 16 sermon.