- Sermon Slides for Sermon Revelation Chapter 21: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Revelation Chapter 21: PDF
 The title of the sermon today is “REVELATION CHAPTER 21.”
Satan Is Thrown Into The Bottomless Pit
- Let’s do a quick recap of last chapter, Revelation Chapter 20.
- At the beginning of the chapter, we see Satan thrown into the bottomless pit.
- An angel named Abaddon in Hebrew or Apollyon in Greek bounds Satan and casts him into hell.
 Revelation 20:1-3 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, 3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
- Satan is thrown into hell while Jesus rules and reigns on earth for 1,000 years.
- Once the thousand year period is complete, Satan is let loose out of hell for a little while.
- We see that the saints or saved people rule and reign with Jesus for those 1,000 years.
- If you remember, we learned about the resurrections. Jesus was the first to receive a resurrected body.
- At the rapture, the people who are saved before then will get a newly resurrected body.
- After the thousand years are complete, Satan is loosed out of his prison for a little while.
 Revelation 20:7-8 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
- When Satan is loosed, he’s is going to deceive the nations just as he always does.
- When he’s not in hell, he is deceiving the nations. Right now, he’s deceiving the nations.
- He’s going to deceive them again at the end of the thousand years.
- He’s going to bring them all together for the battle of Gog and Magog.
- And it’s going to be a huge number of people that go up against Jesus and his saints.
- Let’s see what happens in the battle.
 Revelation 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
- Battle over. Fire comes down out of heaven from God. Devours them. Battle complete.
- This reminds me of other times God has reigned down fire from heaven.
 Exodus 9:23-24 And Moses stretched forth his rod toward heaven: and the LORD sent thunder and hail, and the fire ran along upon the ground; and the LORD rained hail upon the land of Egypt. 24 So there was hail, and fire mingled with the hail, very grievous, such as there was none like it in all the land of Egypt since it became a nation.
- God doesn’t play any games. He is a CONSUMING FIRE!!! We need to do what he says to do.
- There is no power struggle. If you want to fight with God, you have no idea what you’re doing.
 Leviticus 10:1-2 And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not. 2 And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD.
- Those 2 men were the son of Aaron. They were children of Israel.
- God says, “I didn’t command you to offer strange fire and incense upon MY ALTAR.”
- There went out fire from the Lord and devoured them.
 Numbers 11:1 And when the people complained, it displeased the LORD: and the LORD heard it; and his anger was kindled; and the fire of the LORD burnt among them, and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp.
- People complained. God got angry and consumed them with fire. Don’t mess with God.
- God says, “Josh, you need to preach. But God, I want to go somewhere else.”
- Nope, I’m not playing that game any more. That’s a dangerous game.
- When God calls us to do something, we need to shut our mouths, stop complaining, and do it.
- You don’t want that consuming fire coming after you. Thank God that he is patient with us.
- Watch what God tells Jeremiah. God calls Jeremiah to go preach.
 Jeremiah 1:5-7 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. 6 Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. 7 But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.
- God says, “Hey Jeremiah, I chose you to go preach to the nations.”
- Jeremiah says, “I cannot speak for I am a child.” God says, “Maybe you didn’t hear me.”
- “For thou SHALT GO to all that I shall send thee and whatsoever I command thee thou SHALT SPEAK.”
- Jeremiah did what God asked. Jeremiah spoke the words of the Lord as he commanded him to do.
- God didn’t have to reign down fire on Jeremiah. God chose him because he knew he would do it.
God Gave You A Job And You Need To Be Doing That Job
What about you? God has a job for you. He says for you to go preach the Gospel. He’s called you to do it.
- What are you going to say? “God, I can’t do that. I’m not a good speaker. God, I just don’t know enough.”
- Maybe you didn’t hear what God said. Jesus commands us to go out and preach the Gospel.
- He didn’t give any exemptions. He’s talking to you. Do you want fire from God?
- Where else does God reign down fire upon people?
 2 Kings 1:9-10 Then the king sent unto him a captain of fifty with his fifty. And he went up to him: and, behold, he sat on the top of an hill. And he spake unto him, Thou man of God, the king hath said, Come down. 10 And Elijah answered and said to the captain of fifty, If I be a man of God, then let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. And there came down fire from heaven, and consumed him and his fifty.
- God says to go out and preach the Gospel. When you do, you’re doing what he says to do.
- Elijah was doing what God said to do. They were mocking Elijah. “THOU MAN OF GOD.”
- Elijah says, “You want to mock me? You want to make fun of me?”
- “If I be a man of God, then let fire come down from heaven.” And guess what? Fire came down!!!
- In other words, go do what God says and don’t worry about these other people mocking you.
- Don’t worry about these people making fun of you. Just do what God says. He takes care of the rest.
 Psalm 97:1-3 The LORD reigneth; let the earth rejoice; let the multitude of isles be glad thereof. 2 Clouds and darkness are round about him: righteousness and judgment are the habitation of his throne. 3 A fire goeth before him, and burneth up his enemies round about.
- That’s what happened in Revelation Chapter 20 at the battle of Gog and Magog.
- Also in Revelation 20, we see Satan cast into the lake fire to never come out. PRAISE GOD!
- It’s going to be a great day when that old serpent and that old deceiver is burning for good.
- Then we saw the great white throne judgement. All other people will be resurrected that day.
- The dead or the unsaved will be resurrected for judgment. The saved will be resurrected with a new body.
- And those are people who are SAVED at some point after the rapture.
Jesus Is The First Fruits
Jesus is the first fruits or the first one who has been resurrected with a new glorified body.
- Then the saved at the rapture are given a new body. Those reign with Christ for 1,000 years.
- This is the FIRST RESURRECTION. The rapture is the first resurrection.
- After the 1,000 years, the second resurrection happens. All the dead are resurrected. Why?
- They are going to be judged at the great white throne judgment.
- Why? There will be great levels of punishment in the lake of fire which is hell.
The First fruits
The First Resurrection
The Second Resurrection
Who? Jesus Christ
Who? All Saved Prior to Rapture
Who? All Saved After the Rapture
When? His Resurrection
When? At the Rapture
When? After the Thousand Years
- With that said, let’s start there in Revelation Chapter 21 verse 1.
 Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
- After all of the unsaved are cast into the lake of fire, we see a NEW HEAVEN and a NEW EARTH.
- There is no more unrighteousness left. It’s all gone. Satan is gone for good. Evil is gone for good.
- The heaven and the earth as it is know today will not be here. It will pass away.
- The earth isn’t going away, but it will be made new. It won’t be like it is right now.
- For example, at the end of verse 1, the Bible says that “there was no more sea.” There won’t be a sea.
 Isaiah 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
 2 Peter 3:12-13 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
- Do you believe what that says? The heavens and the earth will melt with heat.
- Everything will burn up. Does that mean your car is important?
- “Well, everything will burn up BUT MY beautiful car or MY house or MY money or MY buildings!”
- If everything is going to burn up, why are we so worried about building up earthly riches?
- We shouldn’t care. We should be building riches with God as God never passes away.
 Colossians 3:1-4 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
- Let’s set our eyes on things above. That’s helping other people make it to heaven.
- There is nothing more important than that. Help your friends. Help your family.
- Help a stranger make it to heaven. Don’t you want to live? Don’t you want life? I sure do.
- I want to appear with CHRIST. He is our life. LIFE only comes through “THE” Savior Jesus Christ.
- If you want life, you better go directly to Jesus and ask him for it. He is the one who gives it out.
 Revelation 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
- So, we saw in verse 1 that there is no more sea on the new earth.
- We see that there’s a NEW JERUSALEM coming down from God out of heaven.
- We also know that hell is in the center of this earth right now. The Bible teaches that. It’s hot there.
- The center of the earth is about 4,000 miles from here. It’s over 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit.
- I haven’t been there, but that’s what so-called science today teaches us. It’s hot.
- Well, when the new earth is here, we saw that people from hell are cast into the lake of fire.
- In other words, this new earth won’t have or need a hell. Hell is relocated to the lake of fire.
- Jesus talks about OUTER DARKNESS 3 times in the book of Matthew. Here’s one.
 Matthew 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
- The center of the earth is not OUTER darkness. But the lake of fire will be OUTSIDE the new earth.
- That’s a difference in the new earth from this one right now. There won’t be any evil left here.
 Revelation 21:3-4 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
- Listen, this is a great chapter in the Bible. It’s amazing. We’ve been through all of Revelation is detail.
- Much of it is filled with tribulation, war, death, famine, sickness.
- We see God’s wrath being poured out. This stuff is serious. BUT FINALLY, we see good news here.
- God is coming down to dwell with us. “BEHOLD, the tabernacle of God is with men.”
- And it won’t be a tabernacle that is built with our hands. It won’t be a replica. This is the one.
- God is the only one who can wipe away all tears. No more crying. No more death. No more sorrow.
- No more pain. All of that is gone. It’s passed away.
 Isaiah 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
- The previous earth will not be remembered. This place will not into our mind. We will forget.
- So, let’s not allow our family, friends, and strangers to be forgotten.
- And they won’t be if they will simply believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- You can help get them to this new earth. Hey, the job God gave you is the most important job.
Winning Souls To Jesus Christ Is The Most Important Job
Some people might say: “Well, I think the President of the United States is the most important job.”
- Please. Winning souls to Jesus Christ is the greatest office on earth. And God’s giving that office to you.
- Next time someone asks you what you do for a living tell them: “I WIN SOULS TO CHRIST.”
- “Has anyone ever told you how to get to heaven? Do you have a few minutes? It’s important.”
 Revelation 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
- GOD SAYS, “Behold, I make all things new!!!” This new earth will be amazing and new. I can’t wait.
- Hey, it’s coming no matter what you think or believe. God said so. Do you want to be a part of that? I do.
- I don’t want to miss that. People say, “Oh, I can’t miss this new movie. I have to see it.”
- Well, guess what I don’t want to miss? I sure don’t want to miss this new earth.
No crying, no heartache, no pain, no deception, no lies, no stealing, no house alarms, no car alarms.
- No chains, no racism, no murder, no sodomites, no death, no driving on the wrong side of the road!
- No hell. It’s gone into outer darkness. No wicked earthly Jerusalem with a false god that does nothing.
- What that verse says is TRUE! “Write for these words are TRUE and FAITHFUL.”
- We don’t get to this point of NO SORROW until the new heaven and new earth come.
For example, at the rapture, some of your family might not make it. You will be sorry.
- You will think to yourself, “Why didn’t I do more? Why didn’t I tell them more? You will cry.”
- But when the new heaven and earth get here, there will be no more tears.
- They will be remembered no more. So, you better remember them right now. Time is running out.
 Revelation 21:6-7 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
- God, from the throne, tells John: “IT IS DONE.” There’s no going back now.
- God is THE ALPHA. God is the OMEGA. He is the beginning. He is the end. I’m so glad we have a good God.
- He says, “If you thirst right now, I’ll give you something better than water.”
- He says, “I’ll get rid of your thirst forever. I’ll give you water from the FOUNTAIN OF LIFE.” And it’s free!
- You can have EVERLASTING LIFE right now the Bible says. He’s telling you again right there.
In verse 7, God says, “he that overcometh shall inherit all things, and I will be HIS GOD, and he shall be my son.”
- You might say, “Well, what do I need to do to receive this water from the fountain of life? I want that.”
- Well, it says right there: “He that overcometh.” What does that mean?
- False religions like the Church of Christ will tell you that you have to be good the rest of your life.
- They’ll say that’s what “HE THAT OVERCOMETH” means. No, it doesn’t. The Bible tells us what it means.
- We don’t get to make up our own views and say that our religion represents God.
- Let’s see what God says, “HE THAT OVERCOMETH” means. Let’s see.
 1 John 5:4-5 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. 5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
- OUR FAITH overcomes. When you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, you’re saved.
- That means you are an overcomer. You’ve won against the world. The world is against God.
- When you join God’s side by simply believing on the Lord Jesus Christ, you win. You overcome!
- At the moment you believe on Jesus to save you, you are born again! You are born of God.
You Cannot Overcome The World Through Good Works
You can’t overcome the world by doing good works. The entire Bible teaches good works don’t save you.
- But yet, the people who say they represent God teach the opposite. They are vipers and serpents.
- God says, “If you believe on me, I will be your God and you will be my son.”
- So, the only thing you MUST do to receive everlasting life right now is change your mind and believe that Jesus is THE SAVIOR.
- “Hey Jesus, I call upon you to save me. I want to be saved. I believe you’re the one who can do it.”
- Once you do that, if you mean it, you’re saved my friend.
- You don’t have to come up here and get on your knees. You don’t have to bow down to a graven image.
- The moment you change your mind God saves you. He becomes your FATHER. You become his child.
- But what about the other side? Let’s say you just won’t do it. You just won’t give up. Well, let’s see.
 Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
- The second death is when those people right there get thrown into the lake of fire. That’s hell.
- This is an important verse to understand. There’s a lot of bad things on that list.
- ABOMINABLE. That’s sodomites. MURDERERS. Whoremongers. Sorcery. Idol worship. False god worship.
- Those are bad things. You might say, “I’m not on that list.” And I say, oh yes you are on that list.
- Do you see what else is on that list? “ALL LIARS.” We’ve all lied. We’ve all done some of those things.
- For example, I’ve put my job above God before. I’ve put sports above God. That’s idolatry.
- I’ve been fearful. For most of my life I’ve been “UNBELIEVING.”
King David had Uriah murdered. King Solomon worshipped false gods. Rahab was a harlot.
- King Saul murdered himself. Noah got drunk. Samson murdered himself. Peter denied Jesus 3 times.
- All of them that I just mentioned are in heaven right now because the Bible says so.
- But don’t act like you aren’t on that list. We’ve all messed up many, many times.
- Those who believe have been forgiven of those sins, but I will not forget that I committed those sins.
- I don’t deserve to go to heaven. What that verse is telling us is that we deserve the LAKE OF FIRE.
- All of us. I probably deserve the lake of fire more than you do.
- BUT I KNOW 100% without a doubt that Jesus Christ has saved me.
 John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
- I know because on believe on the Son of God. I know Jesus will save me. I have everlasting life.
- I don’t glory in myself, but I do glory in Jesus Christ. He is amazing. I thank Him for saving me.
- That’s why I’m here right now. I want to tell him thank you by working for him the rest of my life.
- I don’t want another day to go by without me working for him. I want to do what he needs.
- What about you? Why are you here? Is it for Jesus? Are you ready to work for Jesus? He needs us.
- Working for Jesus doesn’t save you, but I want to show you something important.
- We learned what OVERCOMETH means, but watch what happens for the person who overcometh and works for God.
 Revelation 2:26-27 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: 27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
- So yes, believing on Jesus is MOST IMPORTANT but working for him is important too.
- But you MUST first believe on Jesus to save you. THEN, you can go do good things for Jesus.
- If you’re faithful to Jesus, you will be given power over the nations. You will be a ruler over the nations.
- So, look, you have a chance to do great things for God right now. Not later. It starts right now.
- Or, you can just be happy with squeaking into heaven and leaving everyone else behind.
- What’s your choice? Hey, we can do this together. You’re not alone. You need help with someone?
- Hey, I’m here. Say something. See the people sitting in here? They’re here too. You aren’t alone.
 Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
- And there’s somebody with you MUCH greater than all of us combined. Jesus is here.
- He says, “I WILL NEVER LEAVE NOR FORSAKE THEE.” You might be worried what people will think of you.
- You might be worried what your friends might say about you. Who cares? You have Jesus with you.
- Doing good works will get you rewards in heaven. Don’t let people on earth bother you or scare you.
- Don’t be fearful. Let’s get this done for the sakes of your family, friends, and strangers.
 Revelation 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
- When you do what God says, you earn heavenly rewards. They don’t burn up.
- When you study this Bible, you’re earning heavenly rewards. Understand that.
- When you win a soul to Christ, God knows. HEAVEN REJOICES. I can hear God now.
- “That man, that woman, my servant, just brought another one of my children home.”
- There’s a party in heaven! Don’t you want to cause some celebrations in heaven? I sure do.
God Sees Everything So You Should Think About That
God sees everything. He knows what you’re doing. Don’t have dead faith. Do something for God.
- Do something for others. Tell them the truth within the Bible.
- Being saved takes faith alone. After you’re saved, you should get to work for God.
- If you don’t, you don’t lose everlasting life. You just aren’t doing anything to gain rewards in heaven.
- You’re not helping others. You’ve decided to take your gift and not share it with anyone else.
- You have the gift. But you aren’t getting anything else in heaven. Why would you want to do that?
- Share the greatest gift with others. Tell them how to get that own gift for themselves.
- You will mess up. You will sin. That doesn’t mean you aren’t saved. Don’t let false preachers take your joy.
 Revelation 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife.
- We’re moving into a new topic within this chapter. The rest of Revelation Chapter 21 talks about this.
- The Lamb’s wife or THE BRIDE is going to be the topic the rest of the chapter. The Lamb of God is Jesus.
- An angel comes over to John and says, “Come here, I will show you the bride.”
- Now, we’re going to learn about the BRIDE of Jesus Christ. Let’s continue.
 Revelation 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
- The angel just said, “John, I’m going to show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.” What does he show John?
- He carries John away in the spirit so he can show him the bride. He shows him THE HOLY JERUSALEM.
- He shows John that GREAT CITY. So, who is the bride of Jesus Christ? The new Jerusalem from heaven.
- Maybe I have mental block because false preachers teach that the bride is the New Testament Church.
- I don’t see that. Did I miss that right there? I don’t think so. Why would someone preach that?
- It’s pretty clear. The bride is the HOLY JERUSALEM.
Did you know certain Baptist denominations are so arrogant that they’ll say that only people who are members of the Baptist Church will be a part of the bride of Jesus Christ?
- Look at the part of the verse after the first comma there on the screen.
- Does it say, “And shewed me that great Baptist Church, the holy Baptist Church?”
- Nope, sure doesn’t. That’s why they make you get baptized into their church.
- They think that’s the only way you’re going to be the bride of Jesus Christ. A church isn’t the bride.
- Dispensationalists strike again. They say, “Only the CHURCH AGE saints are part of the bride of Christ.”
- There is no church age. The Bible says there is a church throughout all ages.
- Moses had a church in the wilderness. But the dispensationalists think they ALONE are the bride of Christ.
- That’s called being proud and thinking more of yourself than you ought.
 Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
- It’s very clear that the BAPTIST CHURCH isn’t the bride of Christ. What a joke.
- Same thing with the HOLY CATHOLIC CHURCH. What a joke. The bride is Holy Jerusalem.
- Not the one on earth right now. It’s not holy at all. The Holy Jerusalem is from heaven.
- But the Holy Jerusalem will have saved people within it. And it’s not just this “New Testament Church.”
- Understand that false preachers will say it’s just the church age saints from after Jesus died to now.
- We can easily prove this wrong by continuing in Revelation Chapter 21.
 Revelation 21:11-13 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; 12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: 13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
- The names of the 12 tribes of Israel are written on it.
- Does that sound just like the New Testament church? Sure doesn’t to me. We’re going way back.
- We see 12 gates, 12 angels at the gates, names of the 12 tribes.
- On the east side of the city there are 3 gates. North has 3 gates. South has 3 gates. West has 3 gates.
- We can see which names of the 12 tribes are on each side of the city in Ezekiel Chapter 48.
 Ezekiel 48:31-34 And the gates of the city shall be after the names of the tribes of Israel: three gates northward; one gate of Reuben, one gate of Judah, one gate of Levi. 32 And at the east side four thousand and five hundred: and three gates; and one gate of Joseph, one gate of Benjamin, one gate of Dan. 33 And at the south side four thousand and five hundred measures: and three gates; one gate of Simeon, one gate of Issachar, one gate of Zebulun. 34 At the west side four thousand and five hundred, with their three gates; one gate of Gad, one gate of Asher, one gate of Naphtali.
- So we get many details from the Old Testament. But I love the next verse in Ezekiel Chapter 48.
The Name Of The City On The New Earth = The Lord Is There
 Ezekiel 48:35 It was round about eighteen thousand measures: and the name of the city from that day shall be, The LORD is there.
- The name of the city that we will live in on the new earth will be “THE LORD IS THERE.” Awesome.
- Let’s keep going in Revelation Chapter 21.
 Revelation 21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
- The 12 gates have the names of the 12 tribes and the 12 foundations have the names of the 12 apostles.
- You might ask? Well, what are the names of the 12 apostles of the Lamb?
- We see Judas Iscariot as one of the 12. Will his name be on one of the foundations? I don’t think so.
- It’s Peter, Andrew, James, John, Philip, Bartholomew, Thomas, Matthew, James, Lebbaeus, Simon, and Matthias.
- Some people fight over this and say Matthias wasn’t chosen by God and that Paul will be there.
- The twelfth is Matthias. Paul was chosen by Jesus to be an apostle later on.
- Matthias is the replacement for Judas Iscariot. The Bible says so in Acts Chapter 1.
 Revelation 21:15-16 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof. 16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
- The city is square in length, breadth, and height. 12,000 furlongs equals 1,500 miles.
- The city is 1500 miles wide, 1500 miles long, and 1500 miles high. That’s a big city.
- The height of the United States is approximately 1500 miles.
- So, you could say from the bottom tip of Texas to the top of North Dakota is about 1,500 miles.
- The heavenly Jerusalem will be that wide, that long, and that high. We must need that height.
 Revelation 21:17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
- The wall around this great city is 144 cubits. A cubit is about 18 inches or a foot and a half.
- So the wall will be around 216 feet high. That’s high. That angel is a man.
 Revelation 21:18-20 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass. 19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald; 20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.
- The walls are made of jasper which is a previous stone. The city is pure gold like clear glass.
- The foundations of the wall have precious stones everywhere.
- There’s 12 different precious stones mentioned there. God loves the number 12.
- Now, remember, we’re still describing the bride of Christ, the holy Jerusalem.
- So far, have you noticed the word BAPTIST anywhere? Or Catholic? Or any denomination?
- Did you see the “CHURCH OF CHRIST” mentioned? Do you see a cross at the top of the city? Nope.
 Revelation 21:21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
- I can’t wait to see this amazing city. Each gate is made of one pearl.
- The streets are pure gold like clear glass.
 Revelation 21:22-23 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. 23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
- No temple is required. GOD IS THE TEMPLE. God is the tabernacle. We won’t need light.
- God’s glory is the light. This is another difference in the new earth and this earth. No sun. No moon.
 Revelation 21:24-26 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. 25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. 26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
- All of the saved nations will walk in the light of this beautiful Jerusalem and the light is from God’s glory.
- Notice, there will be KINGS OF THE EARTH. Those are going to be saved Kings.
- They will bring their glory and honor into this great city.
- The gates will not shut because there will be no enemies! There is no night. The light is always shining.
- Remember, we’ll all have new glorified bodies.
 Revelation 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
- Nothing evil is allowed into this HOLY JERUSALEM. Nothing. No abominations. No lies.
- Only those who are saved will enter into this HOLY CITY. You don’t want to miss this.
- Your name needs to be written in the Lamb’s book of life in heaven.
- You can have it written in there for good by simply believing on the Lord Jesus Christ to save you.
- That’s it. There is no other requirement.
Who Is Within This New City?
Now, I want to take a closer look at who is within this city. Is it only the New Testament saints?
- These false preachers, especially the Baptists, will say that this only for church age saints.
- Seriously. It’s just like the Jehovah’s Witness who say they are the 144,000. It’s ridiculous.
- All the people who are a part of this city are all the saved of all time. There is no one left out of this.
 Revelation 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
- Do you see it says, “WHICH ARE SAVED shall walk in the light of it?”
- We see this in Revelation Chapter 19.
 Revelation 19:7-8 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. 8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
- The Lamb’s wife is arrayed in the fine linen which is the righteousness of saints.
- It doesn’t say the righteousness of Baptists only from the church age.
- SAINTS ARE SAVED BELIEVERS. If you’re saved right now, you’re a saint. You’re sanctified. SAVED.
- There are Old Testament saints, New Testament saints, saints from the thousand year reign.
- SAINTS are from all ages of all time. It’s really that simple.
- The saved will inhabit that city which is the bride of Christ. Is it only the children of Israel?
- Is it only the Gentiles from the New Testament fake Church Age?
 Ephesians 2:19-22 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
- The Scripture right there is talking about Jews and Gentiles. The circumcision and the uncircumcision.
- Anyone who is saved is no longer a stranger or foreign but fellow citizens.
- Yes, this is talking about CITIZENS in the heavenly Jerusalem. It mentions the foundation of the apostles.
- Revelation Chapter 21 just talked about the foundation of the apostles.
THE CHURCH isn’t mentioned in Revelation except for the 7 literal churches in Chapters 2 and 3.
- I’m telling you this because there is FALSE TEACHING saying only the New Testament Church Age saints get to dwell in this city.
- Do you see that in Revelation Chapter 21. It’s obvious that it’s all saints of all times and of all ages.
 Hebrews 11:8-10 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. 9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: 10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
- Abraham was looking for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
- He was looking for the NEW JERUSALEM that HOLY CITY.
- Hebrews Chapter 11 proves that the city isn’t just for the New Testament Church.
 Hebrews 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.
- That’s talking about Abraham and all the Old Testament saints. That city is for them too.
- The tribes of Israel are written on the walls. Do you see the craziness in these religions? It’s ignorance.
- “FOR HE HATH PREPARED FOR THEM A CITY.” Who? The Old Testament saints. It’s clear.
 1 Corinthians 14:38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.
- Yes, I’m going to preach against this ignorance of the CHURCH AGE. But I will not argue with them.
- “If any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.” All I want people to see is the truth. “IT IS WRITTEN.”
- One more thing as we close. CHURCH is CONGREGATION. Church hasn’t just existed since Acts 2:38.
- The Book of Acts proves this immediately and clearly.
 Acts 7:37-38 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear. 38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:
- End of argument. THE BIBLE tells us that there was a church in the wilderness all the way back to Moses.
- Some fairy tale New Testament Church Age doesn’t exist. Get over it.
- Stop teaching false doctrine. The pre-tribulation rapture is a false teaching.