- Sermon Slides for Sermon Revelation Chapter 22: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Revelation Chapter 22: PDF
 The title of the sermon today is “REVELATION CHAPTER 22.”
A Summary Of The Past Few Chapters In Revelation
- I want to do a quick summary of what’s happened over the past few of chapters in Revelation.
- In Revelation 19, we see Jesus coming on a white horse with the armies from heaven.
- This is the Battle of Armageddon. Jesus speaks. He wins the battle.
- The beast or antichrist and false prophet, who are humans, are thrown into the lake of fire.
- In Revelation 20, we see Satan bound and thrown into the bottomless pit or hell.
- We see the thousand year reign of Jesus Christ on this earth with the saints or saved.
- We talked about the resurrections and their order.
- After the thousand years, Satan is let loose out of hell for a little while.
- He deceives the nations. There is the battle of Gog and Magog. Satan’s side goes up against God’s side.
- Fire comes down from heaven and devours Satan’s side at Gog and Magog.
- The devil, that old serpent, the dragon, Lucifer, the son of the morning is thrown into the lake of fire.
- After that, all of the rest of the people are resurrected bodily.
- The unsaved or the dead are judged at the great white throne judgment. The saved are not judged.
- Death and hell are cast into the lake of fire.
In Revelation Chapter 21, we see a new heaven and a new earth.
- The new earth has no sea. Hell isn’t in the center of the earth any more.
- Hell is now the lake of fire in outer darkness. It’s no longer within the earth. It’s outside the new earth.
- There is nothing that is wicked or corrupt in the earth any more.
- All of the saved will live there in resurrected and glorified bodies. There is no sun or moon.
- There is no night. God’s glory lights the entire new earth.
We learned that the bride is this new city, the Holy Jerusalem from heaven.
- Within this city is all saints of all time. This isn’t just for the New Testament fake Church Age saints.
- The new city isn’t just for the Baptist denomination like many of them teach.
- The bride is the holy Jerusalem with all the saints of all time and all ages.
- The city is beautiful. 1500 miles square in all dimensions.
- And how do make sure you don’t miss out on this new heaven and new earth?
- “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.”
- At the end of Revelation Chapter 21 we see this.
 Revelation 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
- Won’t that be great. We can’t even imagine how amazing that will be. God will be there.
- No evil, no pain, no sorrow, no crying, no lying, no stealing, no murder, no crime.
- Only the saved that are written in the Book of Life will be there.
- Your name can be written in the Book of Life permanently to never be erased right now.
- All you have to do is ask God to save you right now. Say Jesus I believe you are THE SAVIOR.
- I believe you are the only one who can give me everlasting life right now. Please save me now.
- Say it within yourself and God takes care of the rest.
- With that said, let’s start there in verse 1 of Revelation Chapter 22. Last chapter in Revelation.
This Is Talking About That Great City
 Revelation 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
- So we’re still talking about that great city, the holy Jerusalem.
- The angel shows John a pure river of water of life. It’s clear as crystal and comes out of God’s throne.
 Psalm 46:4 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
- We know there’s a river of water of life in this heavenly city. What is this river of water of life?
 John 7:37-38 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
- When you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, rivers of living water will flow out of your belly.
- Does that mean water is actually going to flow out of your belly? Let’s see what the Bible says.
 John 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
- The rivers of living water are likened to the HOLY GHOST. You’re sealed with the rivers of living water.
 Revelation 7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
- The only way to the LIVING fountains of water is through Jesus Christ.
- Allow Jesus to wipe all of those tears away. He is the only one who can.
 Psalm 36:9 For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.
- Do you see how the entire Bible begins to make sense with the Book of Revelation?
- We’ve been through Revelation now and this book helps you understand the rest of the Bible.
- When you get it right, everything goes together perfectly. Let’s continue in verse 2 of Revelation 22.
 Revelation 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
- There’s a tree of life on both sides of the river. There’s more than one tree of life in heaven.
- This type of tree bares 12 different fruits. It’s a different fruit every month.
- You don’t have to wait for this tree to be in season. You don’t have to wait for the fruit.
- That’s an amazing tree. It’s always yielding fruit and it’s different every month.
- The leaves of the tree were for the healing of nations. There will be different nations in the new earth.
 Revelation 22:3-4 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: 4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
- All the bad will be gone. There will be no more curse. GOD WILL DWELL THERE WITH US.
 Deuteronomy 27:26 Cursed be he that confirmeth not all the words of this law to do them. And all the people shall say, Amen.
- When we sin, we curse ourselves. We earn the penalty of death when we break God’s law.
- But once we reach this new heaven and new earth, there will be no more curse.
 Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
- All of that’s passed away. The curse is passed away. It’s gone. THANK GOD!!!
- In verse 3 of Revelation Chapter 22, notice that it says “HIS SERVANTS SHALL SERVE HIM.”
- We are to serve God at all times. When we get to heaven, we will serve God.
- You might think, “Well, that’s not my heaven. I want to be on a beach. I want to be in Bora Bora.”
- Yeah, that looks pretty nice to me. Do you see how clear the water is? I love that.
- But we aren’t going to be just relaxing and playing all the time in heaven or on the new earth.
- We’re going to be serving God. And that’s not a bad thing.
Serving God = The Best Time Of Your Life
Some of the most enjoying times in my life come when I’m serving God.
- For example, I love to be here in church with all of you. I would rather be no other place.
- Except right there in Bora Bora. Just kidding. Seriously, though, we never stop serving God.
- And that should be an absolute joy to us. For example, I love reading and studying the Bible now.
- It’s tough, if not impossible, to find a friend outside of here that wants to talk about the Bible.
- But we might as well get better at serving God right now. You will enjoy it.
- You’ll understand that you have a purpose in this life. God gave you purpose. You’ll love it and enjoy it.
So, you might think it’s better to just stay here on earth and do what you want.
- “Why would I want to go to heaven so I have to serve the Lord. I don’t want to do that.”
- If you ever think something like that, just remember that you have no idea what you’re thinking.
 2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
- Listen, there is nothing better than to be present with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- I would much rather be present in heaven right now serving God in heaven than to be here on earth.
 2 Corinthians 5:9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.
- In other words, WE LABOR no matter if we’re here on earth ABSENT from Lord or whether we are in heaven PRESENT with the Lord.
- We’ll have work to do in heaven, in the thousand year reign of Christ on this earth, and in the new earth.
- And it’s going to be amazing working together with all of you for God Almighty.
- It’s not bad to work. Work gives you a purpose. People who don’t work towards something will get down.
- For example, I like to exercise and work towards a goal. I like to lift weights and work towards something.
If you think something like, “Great, I’m going to have to work in heaven” that’s the flesh speaking.
- People who love the Lord want to work for the Lord. They want to do what HE needs done.
 Proverbs 19:15 Slothfulness casteth into a deep sleep; and an idle soul shall suffer hunger.
- When you get out of work, the Bible says you will be cast into a deep sleep. Don’t want to stop working.
- An idle soul shall suffer hunger. The Bible is true. We never stop working for God.
 Proverbs 21:25 The desire of the slothful killeth him; for his hands refuse to labour.
- The slothful have something better to do than get to work.
- To the slothful, fun is far more important than work.
 Ecclesiastes 10:18 By much slothfulness the building decayeth; and through idleness of the hands the house droppeth through.
- If you have a home, take care of that home. Through idleness of the hands, the house droppeth through.
- If you’d rather be slothful, the house will rot and drop through.
- Clean it up. Take care of it. Get up and move. Get outside and clean the outside of it. Fix the problems.
- Stop being lazy the Bible says. “Well, I don’t have time.” But you’re watching TV? You don’t need TV.
 Romans 12:11 Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
- We need to be FERVENT in SPIRIT. Be hot and excited about serving the Lord. There’s nothing better.
- And you might as well get good at it, because you will be serving the Lord a long, long time.
- Yes, we all get lazy from time to time because we’re in this body. We have to fight that, though.
- We will not be bored in heaven. We will have work to do. People are working right now in heaven.
 Revelation 22:4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
- In the new heaven and new earth, we will see God the Father’s face. That’s talking about HIM.
- And his name shall be in their foreheads. Here’s proof that this is talking about the FATHER.
 Revelation 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father’s name written in their foreheads.
- GOD is 3 persons in ONE GOD. God the Father, THE SON OF GOD, and the Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit.
- Together they form one GOD, but also, each one on their own is fully God.
- When we see GOD THE FATHER’S face, this is new!!! We won’t see it until the new heaven and new earth.
- This doesn’t happen in the Bible AT ALL until Revelation Chapter 22.
People Have Seen The Face Of Jesus Christ
People have seen the face of JESUS who is the SON OF GOD. Jesus is not the Father or the Holy Spirit.
- If he were, the entire Bible wouldn’t make any sense at all.
- People, like the modalists and the oneness Pentecostals, can’t read the Book of John and believe it.
 John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- The entire book of John proves the SON OF GOD is not the Father. That’s just the first verse.
 John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
- There’s another one in the first chapter. Obviously, they are different.
- Why? Because people have clearly seen JESUS CHRIST. He came to earth and lived here.
 John 1:32-34 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him. 33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. 34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.
- The Holy Spirit comes down from heaven to JESUS CHRIST the SON OF GOD.
- The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are in those Scriptures right there.
- JOHN bare record that that man right there is THE “SON” OF GOD!!!
These oneness Pentecostal heretics will say, “Oh yeah, he is the Son but he’s also the Father.”
- What Bible are you reading? John 1:1 says Jesus was WITH God and he was God.
- To be WITH someone means there is another one there. MORE THAN ONE. Plural. He was with God.
- They believe that the Father became the Son of God and then the Son of God became the Holy Spirit.
- They believe God just switches between different modes all the time.
- Well, I’m at church now so I’m in preacher mode. I go home, and I’m in Dad mode.
- I go to work, I’m in the engineer mode. I’m one person in different modes. That’s what they believe.
- Well, the Bible clearly tells us hundreds and thousands of times that the SON OF GOD is not the Father.
 1 John 5:6-7 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. 7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
- The Holy Spirit bears WITNESS. He is a witness. There are 3 witnesses in heaven. End of argument.
- The Father is God. Jesus, the Son, is God. The Holy Spirit is God. Three persons in ONE GOD.
 1 Corinthians 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
- IN THE END, we’re in the end in Revelation Chapter 22. JESUS delivers the kingdom to God.
- So remember, Jesus rules and reigns for 1000 years on earth. The Father isn’t down here on earth yet.
- Once the 1000 years are finished, the Son of God delivers the kingdom to the FATHER. Different persons.
 1 Corinthians 15:25-27 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
- This all matches the Book of Revelation perfectly. Jesus reigns until ALL ENEMIES are put under his feet.
- Death will be destroyed. Hell will be moved to outer darkness in the lake of fire. No more death.
 1 Corinthians 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
- THE SON OF GOD will be subject HIMSELF unto the ONE who put all things under HIM.
- Jesus Christ is under God the Father. Jesus submits to the will of HIS FATHER.
- When you see the words of the Bible, FAITH is simply believing what they say.
- I didn’t make up God’s nature. It’s in the Bible from Genesis Chapter 1 to Revelation Chapter 22.
- And we’re talking about it because we are in the last chapter of the Bible, and it’s there.
- We will see God the Father’s face once there is a new heaven and new earth AND NOT until then.
- Let’s continue in Revelation Chapter 22 verse 5.
 Revelation 22:5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
- There’s another difference in this new heaven and new earth. We won’t need the sun.
- GOD gives us the light. God will be living there with us.
- Notice it says, “And they shall reign for ever and ever.” Jesus is under the Father but He reigns!!!
- We are under Jesus, but we reign forever and ever. So, we’ll work but we’ll reign!!!
New Heaven And New Earth = God’s Goal
If you think about the new heaven and the new earth, THIS is God’s goal. No pain, no suffering, no curse.
- When he created Adam and Eve, they were perfect. In their flesh, though, they messed up. CURSED.
- Well, in this new heaven and new earth, we’ll all be in our perfect bodies given to us by God. No more sin.
- We will be able to see GOD THE FATHER’S face for the first time. I can’t wait for that!
 Revelation 22:6 And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.
- The Bible says, “These words are faithful and true.” THIS IS THE TRUTH.
- The angel speaking with John tells him these things. Notice it says HIS SERVANTS. We are God’s servants.
- These things within the Book of Revelation will soon be done. It will be here before you know it.
- And do you know what I’m happy about? We’re all going to be there together.
 Revelation 22:7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.
- Jesus will be here quickly. When a child grows up, it goes fast. It’s quickly done and over.
- But not really. It took years, but it seems so fast. JESUS WILL COME QUICKLY.
- We want to be blessed and keep the sayings of the prophecy of this book.
- The Book of Revelation has become very clear to us. We went through verse by verse. It’s not difficult.
- That’s why I can’t listen to pre-tribulation rapture false preachers. I don’t want to lose the blessing.
- We need to KEEP THE SAYINGS of the prophecy of this book. We can’t support lies.
 Revelation 22:8-9 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. 9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.
- John is amazed with this angel who is showing him all of these things.
- He’s so amazed, he falls down to worship this angel. Not a good idea at any time.
- “Thou shalt worship the Lord they God, and him only shalt thou serve.”
- THIS ANGEL tells John to not worship him. He says, “For I am thy fellowservant.”
- “I am of thy brethren the prophets.” In other words, this angel is a man.
- I want to take you back to where we first meet this angel in Revelation Chapter 21.
 Revelation 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife.
- This is one of the 7 angels which had the seven vials full of the 7 last plagues.
- Remember, the 7 vials are full of God’s wrath. Well, this angel is a man. In Revelation 21, we see this too.
 Revelation 21:17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
- This same angel measures the wall of this holy city according to the measure of a man, which is the angel.
- Are all angels human? No but some of them are. Other angels are living creatures or beasts the Bible says.
- An angel is a messenger. This man is bringing a message to John. He is a messenger. He serves God.
- This angel, though, is human. John falls down to worship. He says, “Oh no, don’t do that. Worship God.”
- Did you know Catholics bow down, get on their face, and worship the Pope who is a man.
- That Pope doesn’t say, “Oh no, don’t do that.” He loves it. He wants more worship.
- He sits on a throne and wants to be like God. He’s evil and wicked. There is no other conclusion to that.
Pope = Papa = Father = Evil
Did you know what the word POPE comes from the Latin word papa which means FATHER?
- Seriously, the Catholics want you calling all of their priests FATHER. The word POPE means FATHER.
 Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
- That’s pretty easy to understand to me. But the people who profess to be the closest to God, denies God.
- POPE is in direct CONFLICT with the word of God. Jesus spoke those words right there.
- Never bow down and worship any man. Worship God alone. Get away from the false religions.
- Do you know what’s really funny? You’ll love this. The Catholics say Peter was the first Pope.
- Let’s see how Peter reacts when a man bows down to worship him.
 Acts 10:25-26 And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him. 26 But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.
- The Catholics call Peter the first Pope but he sure didn’t accept a man worshipping him.
- That’s the funny thing. They make up all their own rules. It’s a joke of a religion.
- 100% without a doubt, it’s a religion endorsed by Satan and for Satan.
- When God shows up in the Bible, though, God never tells someone not to worship him.
 Joshua 5:13 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?
 Joshua 5:14-15 And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant? 15 And the captain of the LORD’S host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.
- That was Jesus. A man. A sword in his hand. Captain of the Lord’s host. Where he stands is HOLY.
- The ground sure isn’t holy where the Pope stands. Let’s continue in Revelation Chapter 22.
 Revelation 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
- The angel continues speaking with John. DO NOT SEAL THE PROPHECY OF THIS BOOK. Why? It’s time.
- In other parts of the Bible, God seals up the prophecies so we don’t understand and see.
 Revelation 10:4 And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.
- The mystery of the seven thunders is not revealed to us. One day, we’ll know what they said. But not now.
 Daniel 8:26 And the vision of the evening and the morning which was told is true: wherefore shut thou up the vision; for it shall be for many days.
 Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
 Daniel 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
- So clearly God seals things up until it’s time for us to understand.
- Daniel didn’t understand. He didn’t need to understand at that time.
- But here in Revelation Chapter 22, the angel tells John to NOT SEAL UP the sayings of this book.
- Obviously, Revelation should be much easier to understand than Daniel. And it is easier.
- But, we can use Revelation to help us understand the Book of Daniel. Revelation is very clear.
- That’s why we’re doing this first. And then we can understand the Old Testament much better.
- Why would we do that? The Book of Revelation tells us why in the very first verse.
 Revelation 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
- God wants to SHOW US or REVEAL things to us. That’s what REVELATION means. It’s very clear.
- The angel tells John, “THE TIME IS AT HAND.” That means you and I better know this. The time is here.
 Revelation 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
- We’re only righteous through the blood of Jesus Christ. If you want to be filthy, let him be filthy.
- I don’t why you would want to be filthy in front of your creator. Just give it up and allow Jesus to save you.
- If you want to be ignorant of the Bible, let him be ignorant. I don’t want to be ignorant of the Bible.
Do You Want To Be Ignorant Of The Bible?
 1 Corinthians 14:38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.
 Psalm 73:22 So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee.
 Isaiah 56:10 His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber.
- I don’t want to be like that any more. I’ve had enough of that in my life. I don’t want to be a dumb dog.
- Some preachers won’t touch the Book of Revelation. We will not be like that. We’ll take everything.
 Revelation 22:12-13 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
- Jesus says this again, “BEHOLD, I COME QUICKLY!” He just said the same thing in verse 7.
- In other words, you better be ready. He’s coming quickly. He will provide rewards based on your work.
- Do you think I tell you to get to work because of some other reason?
- No, I tell you get to work for God because he sees what you do and he rewards you for what you do.
- I don’t. You don’t reward me. I’ll work on things at home you’ll never see. But God sees it.
- You don’t have to do work in front of other people so someone sees what you’re doing. God sees.
- How does he see everything? He’s God. He is ALPHA AND OMEGA. He is the first and the last.
- You might think that your work for God is going to fail so you never start. Well, hear this today.
 1 Corinthians 3:8-9 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. 9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God’s husbandry, ye are God’s building.
- When you do work for God, you’re working with God. God is right there with you.
- Do you think God fails? No, he can’t fail. He won’t fail. So what are you scared of? You won’t fail.
- God rewards you for the things you might perceive as a failure.
- For example, when someone slams the door in your face, you think it’s a failure. But not to God.
 Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
- The first act of obedience towards God is believing on the Lord Jesus Christ to save you.
- Then, you have faith, you’re saved, and then you receive the SPIRIT OF GOD.
- Walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh. This is how you do his commandments. You get a choice each day.
- Remember, anything that isn’t done in faith is sin.
 Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
- You can’t do good without first having FAITH. The first step of faith is believing Jesus is “THE” Savior.
- If you don’t have the SAVIOR, you don’t have right to the tree of life. You won’t have eternal life.
- And watch what Revelation Chapter 22 verse 15 says next.
 Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
- If you don’t have faith in and on Jesus Christ, your sins aren’t forgiven.
- Since I believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, I’m no longer a dog like I once was.
- I don’t want to be a dog to Jesus. I don’t want to be a whoremonger or a murderer.
- I don’t want to worship a false god. I want to get it right. I don’t want to be a liar.
- I don’t want to take the word of God and twist it to match some man made false doctrine.
- God knows that I simply want to do what He says. I don’t care about anything else. What does God need?
 Revelation 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
- JESUS SAYS, “I sent that angel.” Why? To testify unto you these things IN THE CHURCHES!!!
- Where? IN THE CHURCHES. So, do we need to be teaching the Book of Revelation in the churches?
- Yes, we do. Most preachers won’t teach it because they won’t take the time to study it.
- To them, it’s not important. I invited a pastor for dinner and to talk about Revelation.
Why Do Baptists Not Want To Talk About The Pre-Tribulation Rapture?
I said, “Hey, let’s talk about your view of the pre-tribulation rapture and why you think it’s true.”
- No response. Not even, “Well I can’t make it.” Just no response.
- Doesn’t care if he continues to preach a false church age pre-tribulation rapture.
- Let me tell you this. JESUS CARES what you’re preaching. You might not. But Jesus does.
- We better get this right. If you don’t know Revelation, you shouldn’t be preaching in a church.
- If you won’t put in the work to learn Revelation, then you shouldn’t be preaching.
- Jesus is the ROOT and OFFSPRING of David. He is the bright and morning star.
 Revelation 2:26-28 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: 27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father. 28 And I will give him the morning star.
- For those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and keep his works to the end, those people will not only be saved but they will RULE OVER THE NATIONS.
- “And I will give him the morning star.” They will receive the MORNING STAR who is Jesus Christ.
 Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
- HEY!!! ARE YOU LISTENING!!! If not, wake up. I want to read this again. It’s important you hear this.
- God says, “If you hear right now, COME.” He’s saying come to me right now. He’s calling out for you.
- He says, “Hey, you’ve studied my Book of Revelation. You’re reading it right now. I know you must care.”
- He says, “I’m calling for you right now.” All you have to do is put your trust on Jesus to save you.
- It’s a free gift. It’s the greatest gift ever. “And whosoever will, let him take the water of life FREELY.”
 Romans 3:24-26 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
- The entire Bible from front to back tells us the same thing. Believe Jesus is the Savior and he’ll save you.
- It doesn’t take anything else. The churches have twisted all the Scriptures. Believe Jesus. Not man.
- Jesus says, “COME.” He’s calling you right now. Just tell him in your heart that you want to be saved.
- As we head to the end of Revelation Chapter 22 and the entire book of Revelation, hear this warning.
 Revelation 22:18-19 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
- This is a GREAT WARNING to unsaved people. A saved person has everlasting life that cannot be lost.
- For every non-believer and that includes a lot of false preachers, “DON’T MESS WITH GOD’S WORDS.”
- Don’t try to change them around. Don’t try to make up your own false doctrines.
- Don’t teach that you can lose everlasting life. If you add to the Book of Revelation, you’ll never be saved.
- If you take away from the words in Revelation, you’ll never be saved. It’s not a joke. It’s truth.
Some false preachers will even try to use this exact warning to teach you can lose everlasting life.
- They’ll say, “SEE!!! If you’re saved and have everlasting life then your name can be removed from the Book of Life.”
- They say, “Obviously, you can lose salvation. DUH. It says so right there.”
- No it doesn’t. A saved person cannot lose everlasting life because Jesus said so.
- This just means you need to study the BOOK OF LIFE within the Bible.
Names Aren’t Added To The Book Of Life
There’s not one instance of a person’s name being ADDED to the Book of Life.
- All names are written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world.
- Why? Well, you’re given life so your name is in there. When God rejects you, then your name is removed.
- And one way to get rejected by God is to take the words away from the Book of Revelation.
- Another way is to continue to reject God all your life. Then God can reject you. Proverbs Chapter 1.
- When he gets sick of the rejection, he’ll remove your name out of the Book of Life.
- And it’s not coming back again. When God removes a name, it’s gone for good.
- Your name isn’t added to the Book of Life when you’re saved. It was already written there.
 Revelation 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
- Overcoming means believing on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- When you do, Jesus says, “I will not blot out your name.”
- That means the warning in Revelation 22 is not to believers who have already received everlasting life.
- If you are truly saved, you won’t mess with God’s words. You won’t create your own new translation.
So, please see that the warning is this:
- Add to the things in Revelation, and God will add the plagues that are written in this book to you.
- Take away from the words in Revelation, and God will remove your part out of the Book of Life.
 Revelation 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
- We see it again. JESUS IS COMING QUICKLY. We’ve got work to do.
- For your unsaved friends and family, aren’t you glad you’ve got more time? We better get to it.
- EVEN SO, COME, LORD JESUS. We need more time, but nothing is better than Jesus coming.
- When it’s time, understand that there is no better time. Whatever God does, we rejoice.
- With God, you can always know that whatever he decides to do is the best decision.
 Revelation 22:21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
- Understand what you have with God’s grace. You don’t deserve it. I don’t deserve it.
- But we’re so glad we have it. Without his grace, we’d all be headed to that lake of fire.
- With that, our detailed study of the Book of Revelation is complete.