The title of the sermon today is “ROMANS CHAPTER 1.”
- Please turn to Romans Chapter 1 as we’ll be going through each verse in detail.
- Please keep in mind that the Apostle Paul is writing this book.
- This is the first book in the Bible that starts with the word Paul.
- The next 12 books after Romans start with the word Paul.
- This is an easy way to remember that Paul wrote Romans through Philemon.
- God gave Paul all of the words to write down.
 Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,
- Paul is a servant of Jesus Christ, he is called by God to be an apostle, and he is separated unto the gospel of God.
- Sometimes we think of separation as bad, but in the Bible separation and division is good.
- This goes back to the first book and chapter of the Bible, Genesis Chapter 1.
 Genesis 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
- God likes to see separation of light from darkness. God is the GREAT DIVIDER.
- He divides and separates His people who believe on Jesus Christ from the wicked people who do not believe on Jesus Christ.
- One group goes to heaven and the other goes to hell. God is the GREAT DIVIDER.
 Proverbs 18:1 Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom.
- Separation is not good unless you are separating yourself from worldly things unto God.
- You can be in one of the 2 groups. Separated unto God or separated not unto God.
- The word Pharisees actually means “separated ones.”
- That was a great idea to be separated from the world and to be separated from doing wrong, but they weren’t separated unto the Gospel of God as Paul states in Romans 1:1.
 Leviticus 20:24 But I have said unto you, Ye shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey: I am the LORD your God, which have separated you from other people.
- God separates His people. You are a child of God if you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- That’s the ONLY requirement.
- This simply means you are separated unto the Gospel of God, and you’re saved.
- God also tells us to be separated from unrighteousness and to stay away from darkness, sin, and evil things of this world.
 2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
 2 Corinthians 6:17-18 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
- If we are separated from sin, but we aren’t doing something for the Gospel of God, we’re worthless to God.
- This means we’re dead in our faith. We are saved, but we’re dead and worthless for the Gospel.
- So look, we can be saved, we can be good, and we can sit at home and read the Bible all day and through the night.
- Are you spreading the Gospel? No. You’re not doing what God asked you to do.
- We need to be separated unto the Gospel of God. Go out and preach and teach the Gospel.
 Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
- Paul is a preacher, a teacher, and a soul winner! That’s what he’s telling us in Romans 1:1.
- We would ask Paul: why don’t you watch The Voice reality show on TV?
- Why don’t you watch Louisville or Kentucky basketball games, Paul?
- Paul says BECAUSE I am separated unto the Gospel, and I spend my time teaching and preaching the Gospel.
- Paul is separated unto the Gospel and understands the gift that God has given Him: eternal life.
- And Paul wants to give back to God as much as he can by living for the Gospel.
- Walking in the Spirit means putting off the desires of the flesh.
 Galatians 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
- Listen, separation from the world is a positive thing.
- We need to get closer to Jesus Christ and further from the world.
- For example, if I read you a verse directly from the Bible and it sounds foreign to you, but I read you something from the world and it sounds okay to you, then you’re more on the separated side of the world and not on God’s side.
- That’s not where you want to be.
 “It is my goal to love everyone. I hate no one. Regardless of their race, religion, their proclivities, the desire of their heart and how they want to live their life and the decisions that they make. I can even respect people’s decisions and lifestyle choices just as I hope they have the courtesy to respect my decisions and my choices.” – Kirk Cameron
- So Kirk Cameron tells us to love everyone and respect everyone and how they want to live.
- Sounds good, right? The world loves quotes like that. Well, let’s see what the Bible says.
 “Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.” King David through the Holy Spirit who is God
- So let’s see: Kirk Cameron or the Bible? The world or God? Which one will you separate yourself to?
- If those verses from the Bible sound foreign to you because it says to hate the people who hate God, then you’ve got a problem my friend.
- You’re listening to the world more than God. You’re separating yourself to the world.
- Look there at Romans 1 verse 2:
 Romans 1:2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)
- In Acts Chapter 10, Peter is preaching to Cornelius and his family and Peter says this:
 Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
- This is speaking about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and that all prophets understood the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- All the prophets in the Old Testament knew that through His name whosoever believeth in Him shall receive remission of sins.
- From Abel to Zechariah, all the prophets throughout the Bible knew this.
- The entire Old Testament is about Jesus. The entire Bible is about Jesus.
- Jesus would come and we would receive forgiveness of our sins through Him. This is what the Bible says.
- Read your Bibles starting in Genesis. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Jesus is God.
- Jesus is the beginning and the end. He is the Alpha and Omega. Jesus is the creator.
- And God said let there be light. Jesus is God. Jesus is the light. You see: the entire Bible is about Jesus.
- You’ll find Jesus everywhere.
- So, let look at verse 2 again:
 Romans 1:2-3 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) 3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
- Pay attention to that last part there that says: “which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh.”
 Matthew 22:41-45 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, 42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David. 43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, 44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool? 45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
- You see: no man was able to answer Jesus there.
- Jesus was made of the seed of David ACCORDING TO THE FLESH.
 Hebrews 7:3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.
- So this verse is about Jesus Christ. He never started existing. He is eternal. He is never ending.
- Jesus is God and is without father or mother. He has no family line. He is without descent.
- So when the Catholics say: “Hail Mary, Mother of God” they are going directly against Hebrews 7:3.
- Do you see that? Mary was only His mother according to the flesh.
- She was not His mother according to the Spirit. Jesus is the Son of God and is God.
- He has no beginning and no ending.
- Romans tells us that Jesus was made the seed of David according to the flesh.
- Remember that as it’s very important.
- If you don’t understand that, you’ll fall for the “Mary is the Mother of God” false teaching.
 Romans 1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:
- Listen to this verse.
- Jesus was declared to be the Son of God with power by His resurrection from the dead. Do you see that?
 Acts 13:33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.
- Jesus was resurrected from the dead and this is the day He was the begotten Son of God.
- On that resurrection day when Jesus was raised up, God the Father said: “Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.”
- It’s not when Jesus was in the womb of Mary. Jesus is the first from the dead. Jesus has His new body.
- And we’ll receive a new body too when we are raptured away when Jesus comes back in the clouds after the Tribulation.
- This is the day we arise from the dead in our new body.
 Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
- So we will also be risen from the dead with a new body once the rapture takes place.
- This is the Day of Redemption for us.
- We already have the Spirit and are saved, but we need a new body that is sin free.
- We’ll have that when Jesus comes back.
- Back to verse 5 in Romans 1:
 Romans 1:5-7 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name: 6 Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ: 7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Listen, everyone who is saved and believes on Jesus Christ is considered to be a “saint.”
- This verse proves that. It says to ALL THAT BE ONE ROME, beloved of God, called to be saints.
- If you are saved, you’re a saint. Sanctification is what makes you a saint. That’s the definition.
- Sanctified means you are set apart and made holy.
 Hebrews 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
- The Bible tells us you are sanctified if you believe on Jesus.
- This means you are saved, set apart, divided into God’s saved group of people, and you are a saint.
- So Paul is writing to all that be in Rome called to be saints.
- This means he’s writing to all the Christians there and not just some smaller imaginary group of saints like some denominations believe.
- See some people like to divide the entire Bible so much, and they’ll say things like “That book isn’t for us OR that book is written to the Romans and we’re not Romans so we don’t need to listen to that.”
- WRONG. The entire Bible is written to us.
 Romans 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.
- Paul is thanking God through Jesus Christ for those in Rome because their faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.
- That should be our goal too. We want to be known for our faith in God. How do we do that? Let’s see.
- Please pay attention here to this next part because I’m going to take some time to explain what this means for us, and we get to the point of being known for our faith first in this city, then in this county, then in this state, then in this country, and then throughout this entire world.
- And we’re not doing it for ourselves but for God alone. And God knows this.
- We do nothing for ourselves here. It’s all for God alone.
 Romans 1:9-12 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers; 10 Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you. 11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established; 12 That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.
- Paul says he is serving in the Spirit in the Gospel of the Son of God. He desires to come to them.
- He longs to see them to provide Spiritual gifts. He says he wants to be comforted together with them through their faith.
- Listen, when we come to Church and gather together in faith, we should be comforted and we should feel the comfort here because you’re sitting right beside people who love and believe what God says.
- Be comforted. You’re with friends of God. Know that today. Know that we’re here to comfort each other.
- You need something? You let us know. We’re right here.
 Romans 1:13 Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles.
- This verse tells us that Paul had never made it to Rome at the time of this writing.
- He wanted to get there, but he hadn’t made it there yet.
- Paul wanted to preach the Gospel there and bear fruit in Rome.
- Paul’s main reason is to bear fruit, which means he wanted to get people saved.
 Romans 1:14-15 I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise. 15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
- Paul says he is a debtor to the Greeks and the Barbarians, to the wise and to the unwise. What’s a debtor?
- A debtor is someone who owes a debt. They’ve received something they didn’t pay for.
- They’ve received so much but they haven’t paid for it. A debtor owes a debt.
- In Luke 12:48, the Bible says: “For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required.”
We are all debtors to God because He’s given us so much.
- By necessity, we need to be going out to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to everyone that we can.
- We’re debtors to all the people around here because we’ve been given so much, and of us much shall be required.
- God’s given me so much in this life (my parents, my brothers and sisters, my wife, my children, this Church, my friends, all of you here right now), and He’s given me so much more in heaven than I even know and can imagine.
- He’s given me much. So, if He’s given me much, He’s requiring much of me.
- And I’m going to do something about it. Are you? God’s given you much. What are you doing for Him?
The first thing you need to be doing is going out and preaching and teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- The Bible says this hundreds of times. In Romans, Paul is setting an example for us.
- Now think about this: There are so many people who profess to be Christians and profess to be following Jesus.
- But, how in the world can they be reading their Bibles and not go out and do what Jesus says?
JESUS COMMANDS US TO GO OUT AND PREACH THE GOSPEL.
- He doesn’t ask nicely and say: “Hey, if you got some time after you’re done watching TV, could you maybe go tell your neighbors the Gospel? And if you do that, you’re good for a few years.”
- “Or HEY, do you have some time after you spent all day watching football to go out and tell others about me?”
- The world today makes Jesus out to be this easy going guy whose very emotional and who loves everyone no matter what they do.
- They make Him out to be this man who hands out stuffed animals and cries with you and says: “Hey, it’s okay. You can do whatever you want, and I’ll always give you another chance. I am Jesus and I am so nice.”
- Hey, NEWS FLASH!!! That’s not Jesus!!! That’s some false god made up by the world to trick you!!!
- You want to hear some things Jesus said:
 Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
 Matthew 13:41-42 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; 42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
 Matthew 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
 Mark 9:42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.
- Does that sound like a man that cries all the time, says I love you to everyone, says to do whatever you want, and hands out stuffed animals that say I love you no matter what?
- No, the Bible NEVER says anything like that about Jesus.
- But for some reason: our churches here say that Jesus is that emotional man who loves everyone no matter what.
- He’s so nice. WRONG. That’s called being influenced and taken over by evil and by lies.
Hey, did I offend you with anything I just said? Guess what?
- I only care if I offend God, and you better be the same way. Guess what?
- You shouldn’t care if you offend me by speaking the words of the Bible. I have no power. I AM NOTHING.
- You shouldn’t care if you offend the whole world when speaking God’s words.
- You should only care about offending God Almighty. He has the power to crush you.
When I bang this pulpit, it didn’t really do much did it? It made a loud noise, but that’s about it.
- Didn’t even put a crack in the pulpit.
- I guarantee you if God Almighty bangs this pulpit, there will be a HUGE crack from here down to the center of the earth.
- The earth will open and we’ll fall into the crack if God bangs this pulpit.
 Psalm 114:7 Tremble, thou earth, at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the God of Jacob;
- Listen, have you ever stood in front of a HUGE mountain? Do you see how large that mountain is?
- Well, that same mountain trembles in fear of the Lord God Almighty.
- Even the mountains understand God and fear Him because they know Him. Do you know God today?
- If you do, you will fear Him, and you will do what He commands us to do.
- Back to Romans 1:15. Look what the Bible says here.
 Romans 1:15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
- Paul says “AS MUCH AS IN ME IS, I AM READY TO PREACH THE GOSPEL.”
- He says: “HEY, I AM READY TO DO SOMETHING!!!” I’m not going to sit here any more.
- I’m going to get up and do something.
- So look, we can’t just sit here and study the Bible all the time and do nothing else with it.
- If we do, we’re always taking things in BUT never outputting anything for God.
- Paul studied and studied and learned and learned, but now HE IS READY TO PREACH THE GOSPEL.
- Are you ready today? Do you know the Gospel?
- If not, put the work in so you know it better than you know yourself.
The Bible says: “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed.”
- So study with everything you have, learn it, know it. Then get out there and share it with others.
- Paul is setting the example here. He isn’t just taking in always. He’s going to output something.
- He’s going to do work for God.
- Think about the Dead Sea that’s mentioned as the “Salt Sea” in the Bible.
- There’s only incoming water and nothing going out of it. Hence, it’s called the Dead Sea.
- If you’re always taking in and never putting anything out, you’re faith is dead.
- You have faith, but it’s dead. It’s not outputting anything. It’s not producing fruit for God.
 James 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
- So, if we have a huge fruit tree in our yard that we’re taking care of, that we’re watering, that’s getting sun and air, that we’re pruning, you could say that fruit tree is taking everything in.
- Let’s say that fruit tree never produces any fruit. You could say it’s dead. It’s not producing fruit.
- It’s not contributing to anything. The fruit tree is still there, but it’s not doing what it’s supposed to be doing.
It’s dead to us because there is no fruit. All that work we put into that tree, all that we gave that tree, and it’s not doing what we want.
- Don’t be like that dead fruit tree to God. Let’s do what He says. Let’s give back to God by working for Him.
- But also, you can’t just work, work, work all the time without any input.
- You’ve got to take in His word and then output His word.
- You won’t be good at the output if you don’t have the input.
- Spend hours each week reading and studying His word and then spend hours each week outputting His word and injecting His word into this community around us.
- You can’t run a marathon without any food first. You’ll run out of energy.
- You’ve got to have a balanced flow of input and a balanced flow of output.
 Hebrews 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
- This is telling us a person who knows the word of God in the Bible is a person who uses the word of God in the Bible for what God intended it to be used for.
- In other words, if you’re constantly just reading the Bible and never using it to go out to others YOU won’t know anything compared to people who are reading, studying, AND going out and using the word of God to win souls to Jesus Christ.
- The Bible says STRONG MEAT belongeth to them that are of full age.
- Becoming a full age Christian requires that we go out and win souls. It’s that simple.
 1 Corinthians 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
- We should want to learn the deep, deep things of God.
- We do this by studying, learning, teaching, and preaching to others.
- If you’re here because you want to learn the Bible so you can go out and teach it and preach it, then you’re here for the right reasons.
- If you’re here for other reasons, then you need to think about why you’re here.
- If you’re here to praise God and worship God, these are great reasons BUT we’ve got to be spreading the Gospel.
- If you want to be a wise person and understand more and more things from God, then go out soul winning with us, win souls to Jesus Christ, and watch God do what He says He will do.
 Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.
- God wants to give you more wisdom and understanding, but why would He do that if you’re not using what He gave you so far.
- If you go out and use what He’s gave you to this point, He’ll give you more.
- Let’s continue in Romans 1 verse 15.
 Romans 1:15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
- Paul is READY TO PREACH THE GOSPEL. Are you ready?
 Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
- So look, the Gospel of Jesus Christ is not difficult to understand and to preach.
- Are you ashamed of the Gospel? Paul sure isn’t.
- The GOSPEL is very simple and it says it right here in this verse. It says “SALVATION TO EVERY ONE THAT BELIEVETH.”
- Who can be saved from hell? Is it just a select group of people?
- No! This verse says salvation to EVERY ONE that believeth.
- Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.
Then you might say: Well, all the Catholics, the Jehovah’s Witness, the Mormons, the Seventh Day Adventists, the Oneness Pentecostals, and so on and so on believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. No they don’t.
- The Catholics believe in their church to save them. The Jehovah’s Witness don’t believe Jesus is God.
- They say He was just a man.
- The Seventh Day Adventists believe Michael the Archangel is Jesus and that they don’t sin at all.
- They don’t believe hell is eternal and the soul is sleeping.
- Oneness Pentecostals believe that the name of God the Father is Jesus.
- They deny Jesus is a separate person with a different will than God the Father.
All of these false religions think their works get them to heaven.
- So listen, we MUST believe on Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the Son of God who is God in this Bible right here.
- Any other Jesus besides the ONE TRUE GOD has no power.
- The True Gospel of Christ is THE POWER OF GOD as it says right there in verse 16.
- We need to make sure that we understand that believing on Jesus Christ to save you is what saves you.
- Do you see that verse? That’s what it says. There’s hundreds more that say the same thing.
- Those who BELIEVE are saved. But take a look at this verse:
 Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
- Hundreds of verses say you must believe to be saved. Does this verse say something different?
- Do you have to believe and be baptized to be saved? Well, let’s see.
- Let’s give an example and use verses in the Bible to show the truth.
- I need 2 volunteers. This one believes on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- This one believes on the Lord Jesus Christ and is baptized. Is this one saved? Is this one saved?
- What do they have in common? They both believe, and they are both saved because they believe.
- Alright, you can sit down now. Thank you all.
- If baptism is a MUST to be saved, then hundreds of verses in the Bible are lies.
- Romans 1:16 is an example of that, but here’s another example:
 Acts 16:30-31 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
- So, you’ve got all these so-called Christian denominations saying you MUST be baptized to be saved.
- This means these denominations as a whole are calling God a liar.
- This means Acts 16:31 is a lie according to those people. John 3:16 is a lie according to those people.
- Here’s another:
 John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
- Does that say you must be baptized to be saved? No.
- You see: If I said He that believeth and has brown hair is saved, is that a true statement? Yes.
- What if I said she that believeth and has brown eyes is saved? Yes, true statement.
- The Bible NEVER says you MUST be baptized to be saved.
- It simply says if you believe and are baptized, you are saved.
- Make sure you understand that today. My friend, it only takes belief on the Lord Jesus Christ. That’s it.
- Don’t add anything else to salvation. Don’t add any of YOUR works to salvation.
- None of those things save you. It MUST be 100% Jesus and 0% everything else including yourself.
- You must put ALL YOUR FAITH in Jesus Christ to save you.
 Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
- The righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith. It takes faith to reveal righteousness.
- When you’re considered by God to be righteous, it’s only faith that does that.
- And that faith is your belief on Jesus Christ. And the Bible says the just shall live be faith.
- Once you’re born again into God’s family, you’re saved and considered to be alive forevermore.
- You were given life through faith. You now live by faith.
- To this point in the first chapter of Romans, Paul has been very positive.
- We’re about halfway through Chapter 1.
- Now, let’s see the turning point in this Chapter and see what happens here.
- Rome was a very wicked place so Paul has teaching for them here to help them.
- Starting again in Romans 1 verse 18:
 Romans 1:18-20 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
- The wrath of God is revealed against ALL ungodliness.
- This means all people who don’t believe on the Lord Jesus Christ will see God’s wrath.
 John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
- I used to think the same things before I studied my Bible but some people will say things like this: “Well, what about the people who never had the chance to hear about God? God wouldn’t send them to hell. They’re good people BUT they never had the chance.”
- Who says they NEVER had the chance to hear about God? The Bible doesn’t say this.
- Look at what it says in Romans 1 verse 19 and 20 that we just read.
 Romans 1:19-20 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
- God says He shows it to them and those things are CLEARLY seen.
- If they reject God, they will see the wrath of God. It’s that simple. There is no excuse the Bible says.
- So listen, there is no category of people who God doesn’t reveal the truth. They all have the chance.
- This is what the Bible says. And that’s the truth.
Every person in existence can take a look at the creation of this world and see God. God creates life. Look around.
- God is revealed in His creation. Look, the proof of a creator is the creation.
- People say: “Hey, show me proof there’s a God.” And I say: “Hey, look around. Look in the mirror!!!”
- God doesn’t have to prove anything. He’s proven it all already.
- Look at His creation closely, and you’ll see God. Compare man made things to God’s creation.
The Bible says the people who don’t believe have NO EXCUSE. This world makes excuses for everything.
- Let’s not do the same things. STOP making excuses. The Bible doesn’t make excuses. Know your Bible.
- There are no excuses. We always make excuses for doing wrong. There are no excuses for ANYTHING.
- We make excuses for people who have bad lives.
- Well, they’re a child molester now or a murderer or a drug dealer BUT they had a tough life so it’s okay.
- No, it’s not okay. There are NO EXCUSES for doing wrong.
- Why are there no excuses? Let’s see what the Bible says. Continuing in verse 21.
 Romans 1:21-22 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
- Who are these verses talking about? Verse 20 says THEY are without excuse. Verses 21 and 22 says THEY.
- The subject people right here are the UNGODLY.
- These are the ones who have NEVER believed on Jesus Christ.
- When you’re born again, you are no longer UNGODLY. Those who have never believed are the UNGODLY.
- They go their entire life and NEVER believe God.
- It’s the people who go a lifetime of rejecting God over and over again when God is clearly there.
- These are truly evil people who reject the ONE TRUE GOD over and over again every second, minute, hour, day, month, and year of their life.
- There is no excuse the Bible says. Let’s continue in verse 23.
 Romans 1:23-25 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
- Let’s take a look at the actions these UNGODLY people take in verses 21 through 25.
- 1) They knew God, 2) glorified God NOT as God, 3) they were not thankful to God, 4) they became vain (no value) in their imaginations, 5) their foolish hearts were darkened, 6) professed themselves to be wise (not God), 7) they became fools, 8) changed the glory of God into a corruptible image, 9) lusted in their hearts, 10) dishonored their own bodies between themselves, 11) changed the truth of God into a lie, 12) worshipped and served creature more than the Creator.
So, what did God do to these people?
- Verse 24 says God gave them up to uncleanness. Verse 25 says “Who changed the truth of God into a lie.”
- Do you know what that reminds me of?
- All of these corrupted bible versions like the NIV, NASB, NLT, NKJV, ESV, RSV, and so on.
- There are hundreds of them that have changed the truth of God into a lie.
- When you take the truth of God and change it into a lie, WOW! God is very serious about His words.
When a human takes God’s words and changes into whatever they want them to be, this is creating a false god.
- This is saying I know what needs to be said and God doesn’t have a clue.
- Changing His words is a VERY serious offense.
- The Book of Revelation says God will take your part out of the Book of Life if you change His words in that Book.
- I want to tell you something quickly about the translators of these corrupted bible versions.
- These are the people who have changed the word of God.
 Mark 9:25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.
- A dumb spirit that possesses people in the Bible causes the inability to speak.
- Did you know there are many of these corrupted bible version translators who lost their ability to speak?
 Psalm 12:3 The LORD shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things:
- A The Living Bible translator Kenneth Taylor lost his voice. Time magazine in July 1972 stated this:
- “Mysteriously half way through the paraphrase Taylor lost his voice and still speaks in a hoarse whisper. A psychiatrist who examined him suggested that the voice failure was Taylor’s psychological self-punishment for tampering with what he believed to be the Word of God.”
 Psalm 31:18 Let the lying lips be put to silence; which speak grievous things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous.
- Phillip Schaff was the director of the American Standard Version, which then formed the New American Standard and The Living Bible.
- Schaff’s son in 1854 wrote that his father’ “voice was so affected that he could not speak in public so as to be heard.”
- By 1892, he couldn’t speak at all.
- A friend of Schaff’s said this: “It is with great sorrow that I have learned of the affliction which has befallen you.”
- And there are more examples of these translators losing their voices.
- God is very serious about changing His words. This isn’t a joke. Churches out there better understand this.
- This is a WARNING from God. Let’s go back to Romans 1 verse 25:
 Romans 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
- In this verse, you’ll see people who worship the creature more than God.
- You could say this would be the people who worship their animals. Who put their dogs above God.
- Who put their friends and family above God. Sports, video games, work, money, music, careers.
- These are people who put any creation above God. This is a warning.
- So again, what did God do to these people? Look at verse 26.
 Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
- So God gave them up unto vile or gross or disgusting affections.
 Romans 1:26-27 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
- This is talking about homosexuals.
- People who are ungodly and continue to reject God can be given up and turned over.
- God will give up on them. He says so right here in Romans Chapter 1.
- Look at the last part of verse 27 that says: “receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.”
- Recompence is pay back for those errors. Maybe this might mean disease like AIDS?
- Maybe that’s part of their payback. Hell will be the final payback for ALL those who reject God.
You will hear many homosexuals say that “God made me this way.” You can now say: “You’re right!”
- God did make you that way because He gave you up. He did this AFTER He gave you up.
- He did this AFTER He rejected you. You weren’t made that way. Your choices made you that way.
- You did it. Don’t blame God. Don’t make excuses. God says you are without excuse.
- If this sounds harsh or foreign to you, again, you’re separating yourself to the world and not to God.
- Where does it say God has rejected those people? Let’s continue in verse 28.
 Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
- Notice how it says: “even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind.”
- This is how God works. If you want to be evil, you will be paid in evil.
- If you want to be righteous, you will be paid in righteousness. This is the nature of God.
 Psalm 18:24-26 Therefore hath the LORD recompensed me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in his eyesight. 25 With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful; with an upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright; 26 With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself froward.
- God pays good for righteousness and pays evil with evil.
- This is the nature of God and it’s shown throughout all the Bible.
- If you think God loves you no matter what, you would be 100% wrong. Show me where the Bible says this.
- You can’t. But yet, churches everywhere have sided with the world and preach and teach lies every service.
- You might say: God doesn’t create evil. Well, where did you learn that? Who says God doesn’t create evil?
- Did God say that? Let’s see.
 Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
- So that verse right there might blow your mind if you don’t know the ONE TRUE GOD in this Bible right here.
- Look at that verse again. Pretty clear right there. There is no getting around those words.
- There is no “going back to the Greek” on that one because it wasn’t written in Greek.
- This is Old Testament Hebrew. It’s very clear.
 2 Samuel 22:27 With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself unsavoury.
- God says be evil and it’s not going to taste good.
- It’s not going to taste good when you have to eat of the fruit of your own doings. It’s going to be harsh.
- It’s going to be the wrath of God. And you don’t want the wrath of God.
To all the unsaved people: If you want to ignore God and just brush Him off like He’s nothing, good luck to you.
- God says: I’ll ignore you and you’ll be nothing. You get paid back my friend.
- What goes around comes around.
I want to take a few minutes to look at the word reprobate that’s used there in Romans 1:28.
- It says God gave them over to a reprobate mind.
- So let’s take a look at where that word is first used in the Bible.
- Whenever you find a word like that, a first step to study is finding all the instances of that word in the Bible.
- God will always define what He means.
 Jeremiah 6:30 Reprobate silver shall men call them, because the LORD hath rejected them.
- Reprobate means rejected. It says so right there in that verse.
- Reprobate in the Bible means GOD HAS REJECTED THEM.
- The world tells us, though, that God loves everyone no matter what.
- This is a false god created by the people who God has already rejected.
 Hebrews 6:4-6 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
- Listen, Romans 1:21 again: “Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God,”
- This matches with Hebrews 6.
- It says they have tasted of the heavenly gift, they were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, have tasted the good word of God, and it says IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to renew them again.
- If it’s impossible to renew them again, this means they are REJECTED, REPROBATE.
Many false teachers and preachers that say you can lose your salvation will use Hebrews 6:4-6 to say you can lose your salvation.
- But those same people will preach that you can get it back.
- Well, it says it’s impossible to renew them again.
- Those false preachers take the verses out of context because they don’t understand that God rejects people.
- But, it’s very easy to see when you read and study Romans Chapter 1.
The Holy Ghost works in the unsaved just as He works in the saved.
- When you’re made a partaker of the Holy Ghost, this doesn’t mean you’re saved.
- This means the Holy Ghost is working to attempt to save you.
- All of us are only saved because the Holy Ghost worked to get us there. We accepted. Others do not.
- Others were close and almost there, but then they rejected God again. So God rejects them.
- Some people might still argue and say that Hebrews 6 is not talking about people being rejected by God.
- Well, what’s Hebrews 6 verse 8 say?
 Hebrews 6:8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
- People who are sent to hell are rejected by God. God doesn’t love them any more.
- Would you say God loves the people He sends to hell? Of course not.
- Eternal torment is not an act of love to those people.
- It is an act of love towards us because it’s getting rid of the evil and the darkness.
- God is love, but God also hates. If you don’t believe that, you’ve got a false god.
- So repent today, change your mind, and believe what God says in His words.
- So, let’s go back to Romans 1:29 where we left off and let’s finish the Chapter.
- We’re continuing to talk about the people who God has rejected.
- Here’s a list of the things that they do as we finish out the Chapter.
 Romans 1:29-32 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
- These people are worthy of death the Bible says. They aren’t guiltless like the world says they are.
- They continue to reject God at all times throughout their entire life. This is the unforgiveable sin.
- Yes, we all sin BUT WE do not reject the ONE TRUE GOD.
Some homosexuals that go to church and supposedly worship God are not worshipping god.
- They are worshipping a false god.
- This is a god they have created for themselves and one that loves them and accepts whatever they want desire and want to do.
- They don’t accept God. They made up a god that accepts them.
- Listen, we’re going to end or close today with something we all need to understand.
- If you’re a child of God and are saved, you will ALWAYS be a child of God and He will always love you.
- This is conditional love. If you accept Him as your Savior, you are His.
- So obviously, to continue in God’s love YOU MUST believe on Jesus Christ.
- This is NOT unconditional love as the world teaches.
- You MUST believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to be in His family.
- And once you do, you are in His family. You are born again and saved. You can’t lose it. God says so.
- But listen, is everyone a child of God no matter what like the world tells us today? No. Of course not.
- Listen to this from John 8:44-45:
 John 8:44-45 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
- In that passage, Jesus Himself tells us “Ye are of YOUR father the devil.”
- So if your father is the devil, can you change that? Nope. You can’t change it.
- This means Jesus is talking to the reprobate or rejected people.
- God will reject those people who won’t believe Him. It’s that simple.
- So how do these people become children of the devil? Let’s see what the Bible says.
 Jude 10-12 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves. 11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core. 12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
- Remember those words right there at the end of Jude 12: “TWICE DEAD.”
- These are very important words and again, Jude 12 twice dead is used by some to say you can lose your salvation.
- But, that’s NOT what it means. The second death is the lake of fire called hell. First death = physical death.
- Second death = hell. But let’s get more proof of that.
 Matthew 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
- When you look at these verses in Jude and Matthew, they match so well. Jesus says WOE UNTO YOU.
- Jude says the same. Notice right at the end of Matthew 23:15 it says: “Ye make him TWOFOLD more the child of hell than yourselves.”
- Look: everyone outside in this community is not a child of the devil right now.
- They have not become a child of the devil and they haven’t become a child of God.
- Their fate has not been determined. But as every day goes by, their fate gets closer.
- Ours has already been determined. Theirs has not. They get to make choices.
Is every person who says they are a homosexual rejected by God? I don’t know. I’m not God.
- I can’t see if they’ve ever believed on Jesus Christ.
- But there’s proof in the Bible that at least tells us that some of them are. But we don’t know which ones.
- We’re not going to stop giving them the Gospel until we die. This is our job.
- Do we make friends with homosexuals? Do we make friends with fornicators? Do we do what they do?
- Do we let them influence us and change us? NO!!! We give the Gospel.
- We don’t let them stop us from preaching the Gospel. They have chances to accept or reject.
- We give it and then we get away.
We don’t make friends with people who don’t want to conform to the word of God.
- We don’t make friends with people who hate God. If you reject the word of God, you hate God.
- It’s that simple. Hate God for too long, and He will reject those people.
- We do not make friends with those people.
 James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
- We will not conform to the world. We will separate ourselves from the views of this world.
- The views of this world tells us to love everyone no matter what and be friendly to everyone.
- Nope. Wrong. False. That’s a lie.
- Those people who God has rejected now have the devil as their father.
- Wow, I don’t want the vile and nasty devil as my father.
 John 12:39-40 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again, 40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.
- So the Bible tells us right there that the Pharisees could not believe.
- They were already rejected and their father is the devil. Let’s continue right there in John 12:41.
 John 12:41-43 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him. 42 Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue: 43 For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.
- So the people who believed on Jesus right there were scared of being persecuted by the Pharisees.
- They were saved but were scared of men more than God. We will NOT be the same way.
- If men want to persecute us for what God says, know that you’re going up against the Almighty Creator of ALL THINGS.
- It’s not me. It’s God you’re going up against. And let me remind of you of this TRUTH from the Bible.
 2 Kings 1:9-10 Then the king sent unto him a captain of fifty with his fifty. And he went up to him: and, behold, he sat on the top of an hill. And he spake unto him, Thou man of God, the king hath said, Come down. 10 And Elijah answered and said to the captain of fifty, If I be a man of God, then let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. And there came down fire from heaven, and consumed him and his fifty.
- Let me tell all reprobates who are listening right now. This is a warning for you.
- DO NOT GO UP AGAINST GOD. You have no chance. You might hurt me in this life. You might get me fired.
- You might make me lose some money. You might have other people hate me.
- But guess what? I don’t care because I ONLY care what God thinks. God will take care of you.
- REMEMBER THAT. I have ALMIGHTY GOD on my side. You have the devil on yours. No chance for you.
- We hold STRONG to God in this Church, and you will NEVER shake us.
- We know the things of this world mean nothing. We have things in heaven waiting for us.
- Do you what you got to do. We’ll do what God says to do.
- I want to continue right there in John Chapter 12. Listen to this:
 John 12:44-46 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me. 45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me. 46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
- Just imagine Jesus shouting out those words: “I AM COME A LIGHT INTO THE WORLD.” Imagine that.
- Wouldn’t you love to see that? Jesus cries out: “WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH ON ME SHOULD NOT ABIDE IN DARKNESS!!!”
- PRAISE GOD TODAY because ALL WE HAVE TO DO is believe what God says.
- He sent His Son into this world so that we might be saved. Thank you God!
So, let’s summarize what we’ve seen in Romans today and we’ll end in just a few minutes.
- We saw a man, the Apostle Paul, separated unto the Gospel of God. He is living right.
- He is staying away from the world and doesn’t want anything to do with the world. He is separated.
- He doesn’t need to watch TV, he doesn’t need to know the newest fashion trends, he doesn’t need to wear skinny jeans, he doesn’t need to make sure his hair is perfect for all the girls, he doesn’t need to wear his hat backwards, he doesn’t need to show his brand new sports car off, he doesn’t need to show off how great he is in any way, he doesn’t need Hollywood, he doesn’t need the newest trashy music.
- He doesn’t need ANY approval from the world. He is separated unto God.
- He says I am ready to preach the Gospel to Rome, a truly wicked place. He warns us about the rejects.
- He warns us about the children of the devil.
 Proverbs 1:23-24 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you. 24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
- Again, God pours out His Spirit unto people (just like Hebrews 6 says) and they refuse Him.
- He stretches out His hand and that man disregards the hand of God.
- To all the people who are refusing the hand of God today, DON’T.
- I plead with you today. Don’t reject God any longer.
- If you do, listen as we continue in Proverbs Chapter 1 verse 25.
 Proverbs 1:25-28 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: 26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; 27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. 28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
- God says He will laugh at your calamity because He has rejected you who reject Him.
- Does that sound harsh and foreign to you today?
- Are you one of those people who say God would never do that to me because “I AM SO IMPORTANT?”
- Well, guess what? God says “HE WILL LAUGH AT YOU IN YOUR TIMES OF TROUBLE!!!”
So, If you can hear and understand what we’ve seen in the word of God today, you’ll understand that God does REJECT people who REJECT HIM!
- This is very important for all to know today because this should put some fire under us.
- This should make us want to get out there and bring people to God’s family.
- We need to reach them before they become a child of the devil.
- There is no unconditional love. I am sick and tired of churches preaching this!!!
- I don’t know of ANY around here that DON’T PREACH unconditional love.
- This is just more lies from man. God says believe what I say. God says take my hand.
- God says come to me, and I will give you eternal life.
- He who believes on the name of Jesus Christ HATH eternal life.
- Those who believeth not will experience the wrath of God.