The title of the sermon today is “ROMANS CHAPTER 11.”
Paul Wants His Physical Brethren To Be Saved
- If you remember Romans Chapter 10, you’ll see that Paul wants physical Israel to be saved.
- That’s HIS PHYSICAL FAMILY, and Paul wants them to be saved.
- Some false preachers are teaching today that ALL OF PHYSICAL ISRAEL WILL BE SAVED. Why?
- They say it’s because of their physical family. They came from JACOB so they’re saved automatically.
- My question to them is why would Paul pray for them to be saved if they’re automatically saved?
- Paul wouldn’t be praying for them to be saved if he is teaching that they’re saved no matter what.
 Romans 10:1 Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.
- Paul is praying that they MIGHT be saved.
- How are ALL PEOPLE saved? It doesn’t matter who you Dad and Mom is.
- It matters whether or not you decide to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as your SAVIOR from sin.
Verses are cherry picked out of Romans Chapter 11 to say that ALL ISRAEL shall be saved.
- And when preachers say this, they mean the actual country ISRAEL in the Middle East right now.
- They say that all the people from Israel are going to be saved by God.
- How can they say this? Well, of course, they pick part of a SCRIPTURE and twist it.
 Romans 11:26-27 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
- They take that SCRIPTURE right there, and say: “SEE!!! All of Israel shall be saved.”
- And they ignore Romans Chapter 9, chapter 10, the whole book of Romans, and the entire BIBLE.
- After you know the Bible, it’s CRAZY to think that God is saving someone because of their physical family.
- It’s also crazy to think that God is going to force FAITH on anyone.
- False preachers say, “Well, God is going to make all of Israel believe.” That’s not in the Bible anywhere.
 Romans 9:6-8 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: 7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. 8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
- Romans Chapter 9 says, “For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel.”
- The Bible directly says you aren’t the true ISRAEL because you’re the physical seed of ABRAHAM.
- The children of the flesh are not the children of God. What’s that mean?
- Physical ISRAEL is not the true ISRAEL. The children of the promise are the children of FAITH.
- Jacob and Esau came from the same physical parents. God loved Jacob. God hated Esau.
 Romans 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
- It’s very easy to see that PHYSICAL ISRAEL are not all saved. What about Esau?
- I’m not going to recap all of Romans as we’ve went through it verse by verse, and it’s very clear.
- This is not a gray area in the Bible. ALL OF PHYSICAL ISRAEL is not saved.
- God is upset with PHYSICAL ISRAEL, but does He punish all of them where they can’t be saved?
- God doesn’t send people to hell without giving them chances to be saved.
 Romans 10:21 But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.
- That’s the last verse in Romans Chapter 10. He says, “Hey, I’ve stretched forth my hands to you!!!”
- “Even though you’ve been disobedient, I haven’t given up on you.”
- Let’s start there in verse 1 of Romans Chapter 11.
 Romans 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
- False preachers like to stop there in verse 1. “See, God has not cast away HIS people. GOD FORBID.”
- Is that true? Yes, it’s true. God hasn’t cast away HIS PEOPLE. He’s holding His hand out to them.
- Why would He hold His hand out to them? He wants them to change their mind and believe on HIM.
- Paul says right there, “I AM AN ISRAELITE OF THE SEED OF ABRAHAM, of the tribe of Benjamin.”
- In other words, if God had rejected all of physical Israel, then Paul wouldn’t be writing to us.
 Romans 11:2-3 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying, 3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
- God doesn’t cast away HIS PEOPLE that He foreknew. God doesn’t make you believe.
- But He already knows if you’re going to believe or not in your life. He knows the future.
- God draws all people to Him giving them opportunities to be saved.
- I’m only SAVED today because the Holy Spirit drew me to God, and I believed on HIM to save me.
Elijah Prayed Against His Physical Brethren
Notice what verse 2 and 3 say there about Elijah:
- He went to God and was praying against Israel. Why would Elijah do that? They were evil and wicked.
- “Lord, they have killed they prophets, and digged down thine altars, and I am left alone.”
- “Lord, they are seeking to kill me too.” That’s why Elijah prayed against them. That was physical ISRAEL.
- And that comes from 1 Kings Chapter 19. I recommend you read that whole Chapter at home today.
 1 Kings 19:9-10 And he came thither unto a cave, and lodged there; and, behold, the word of the LORD came to him, and he said unto him, What doest thou here, Elijah? 10 And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: for the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.
- And then a few verses later we see this again.
 1 Kings 19:13-14 And it was so, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering in of the cave. And, behold, there came a voice unto him, and said, What doest thou here, Elijah? 14 And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: because the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.
- Do you remember what happens after this?
- God tells Elijah to go anoint Hazael king over SYRIA and Jehu king over Israel.
- I hope you remember what JEHU KING OF ISRAEL did. He slayed the evil King of ISRAEL and his family.
- But, let’s read more in 1 KINGS CHAPTER 19.
 1 Kings 19:17-18 And it shall come to pass, that him that escapeth the sword of Hazael shall Jehu slay: and him that escapeth from the sword of Jehu shall Elisha slay. 18 Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.
- Elijah makes intercession to God about the evil and wicked ISRAEL.
- God takes action. Hazael King of Syria is going to take vengeance for God.
- Jehu is going to take vengeance for God. ELISHA is going to slay the rest the Bible says.
- But notice what verse 18 says, “Yet I have left me 7,000 in Israel that have not bowed unto Baal.”
- Now, let’s go back to Romans Chapter 11 verse 4 with that understanding from 1 Kings Chapter 19.
 Romans 11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
- God answered ELIJAH. He said, “I’ve reserved SEVEN THOUSAND MEN from Israel.”
- Was all of ISRAEL saved? No, not the ones with a FALSE GOD.
- Only the ones who hadn’t bowed to a false god. That’s the whole point of this chapter.
- All of physical ISRAEL hasn’t been saved. Why would that start now?
- Why would false preachers teach this? Because they’re evil.
- And they have to teach this match other false doctrine they teach like the Pre-Tribulation Rapture.
- Now, watch what it says next in verse 5.
 Romans 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
- Do you see that? This isn’t difficult to understand once you get it right.
- Paul is saying, “Hey, I’m part of the remnant RIGHT NOW who is saved and I am from physical ISRAEL.”
- He says, “Hey, I’m an Israelite. Even so at this present time there’s a remnant of Israel.”
- I’m saved by GRACE Paul says. I’m not saved because I’m an Israelite.
- Can a physical ISRAELITE be saved today? YES, if they believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- That’s what Paul is saying throughout the entire Book of Romans.
- NOT ALL OF PHYSICAL ISRAEL is going to be saved. Is that not clear? It’s very clear.
 Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
- I absolutely love that verse because we need to slow down and understand what that means.
- If you’re saved by GRACE today, that means you don’t deserve to be saved.
- I’m saved by grace today, and I definitely do not deserve to be saved. I’ve done bad things in my life.
- That verse says, “If it’s by grace, then it can’t be of works.”
- If you think being saved has to do with your works, then grace is no longer grace.
Being Saved By Your Works = Not Saved
In other words, you don’t want to try to be saved by your works.
- Why? Because then you don’t get God’s grace. You’re making it about your works.
- And if you make it about YOU and YOUR WORKS, then you don’t get God’s grace.
- And what does that mean? You can’t be saved by your works.
- HEY, IT HAS TO BE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER!!! Wake up to this today people.
Any church that says, “Yes, we’re saved by grace through faith BUT you also have to do this.”
- God says, “If you want to make it about works in any way, then you don’t get my grace.”
- So, is it important to understand that you’re only saved by God’s grace through faith?
- Yes it is. It’s not God’s grace through faith PLUS something else.
- You can’t add the good works of baptism, repenting of sin, going to church, and giving money to salvation.
- If you do, God says: “Then you don’t have my grace. And you need my grace to be saved.”
- If you depend on God’s grace, then you aren’t saved by WORKS at all God says.
- “But I want to be saved by what I’ve done and all my wonderful works!!!”
 Matthew 7:22-23 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
- God says, “NO!!! It’s not of works.” You were NEVER saved. I NEVER knew you.
- Why? Because you wanted to add works to salvation versus God’s grace.
- You wanted to make it about yourself and your wonderful works. Jesus says, “I never knew you.”
- He didn’t say, “I once knew you and you lost salvation.” He says, “NEVER did I know you.”
- Those are the worst words you could ever hear. Jesus Christ Himself says, “I never knew you.”
- Talk about your heart sinking and falling. You don’t want to ever hear those words from Jesus.
- Again, you’re saved by God’s grace. It’s not of works. You get something you don’t deserve.
 Romans 11:7-8 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded 8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
- It very clearly says right there that ISRAEL hath not obtained that which he seeketh.
- BUT THE ELECTION HATH OBTAINED IT. The elect are those who have faith and are saved by God’s grace.
- We also see that the rest were blinded. God gave them the spirit of slumber unto this day.
- We know that GOD rejects people. He says so in Romans Chapter 1. God calls them reprobate or rejects.
- If you continue to reject God, He will make it where you can NEVER believe.
- He can open your eyes so you can see, and He can blind you to the truth.
In my life, I was blinded for many years. I was relying on man to teach me, but I wasn’t doing anything myself.
- I was BLIND to the truth. Do you know how I found the truth? You need to hear this today.
- I only found the truth because God drew me to Him. And it took something else. What did it take?
- God found someone in this wicked world today to give me the GOSPEL.
- I found the truth by working hard reading and studying the word of God.
- I found the truth through prayer to God. I asked Him to show me the truth. I can’t do it on my own.
 John 9:19-21 And they asked them, saying, Is this your son, who ye say was born blind? how then doth he now see? 20 His parents answered them and said, We know that this is our son, and that he was born blind: 21 But by what means he now seeth, we know not; or who hath opened his eyes, we know not: he is of age; ask him: he shall speak for himself.
 John 9:23-25 Therefore said his parents, He is of age; ask him. 24 Then again called they the man that was blind, and said unto him, Give God the praise: we know that this man is a sinner. 25 He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.
- Give God all the glory today. “Whereas I was blind, NOW I SEE!!!” Praise God today for that.
- So listen today, God gives the spirit of slumber and He wakes you up. He knows you.
- If you aren’t awake today, pray and ask God to wake you up.
- “Whatever it takes, God. Please wake me up TODAY.”
 Isaiah 6:9-10 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. 10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.
 Isaiah 29:10 For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered.
- Romans Chapter 11 says God gave the physical seed of Israel the spirit of slumber.
- Can some of them wake up? Yeah, it happens. But many will be rejected once and for all.
- They’ll tell you that they HATE THE LORD JESUS CHRIST. And Jesus will watch them burn in hell.
 Revelation 14:10-11 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: 11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
- Being saved right now, today, is no joke. You need to make sure you’re saved right now.
- Pray right now. “God, please save me. I believe on you alone to save me.”
- Let’s continue in Romans Chapter 11 verse 9.
 Romans 11:9-10 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them: 10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.
- Listen, the Bible is absolutely amazing. It could have only come from GOD HIMSELF.
- These verses come from King David in Psalm Chapter 69 verses 22 and 23.
- Have you ever been in trouble and needed God to do something fast?
 Psalm 69:17-18 And hide not thy face from thy servant; for I am in trouble: hear me speedily. 18 Draw nigh unto my soul, and redeem it: deliver me because of mine enemies.
- King David was in trouble. His enemies were after him. He didn’t have an easy life without problems.
- He cries out to God, “Please help me! And please, do it fast.”
 Psalm 69:22-24 Let their table become a snare before them: and that which should have been for their welfare, let it become a trap. 23 Let their eyes be darkened, that they see not; and make their loins continually to shake. 24 Pour out thine indignation upon them, and let thy wrathful anger take hold of them.
- You’ll notice within the Bible that GODLY people pray against the evil and wicked people who hate God.
- King David does it all the time. It’s okay to pray against people who HATE GOD.
- King David asks that God darkens their eyes so they can’t see. He’s talking about ISRAEL.
- God’s prophets pray against evil people all the time in the Bible. And it’s against physical ISRAEL!!!
- Do you think the prophets knew God? Oh yeah. The prophets knew God and they prayed against ISRAEL.
- Why? Because they HATED GOD. They had false gods and didn’t want anything to do with the living God.
Never Bless And Praise Evil Doing
So, you have false preachers today saying that you MUST bless and praise ISRAEL no matter what they do.
- I’m sorry. Did Elijah do that? Did King David do that? Did Isaiah do that?
- Where do these false preachers in so-called “Christian” churches get this stuff?
- Notice those false preachers will also have a works based salvation just like physical ISRAEL has.
- Do you see how that’s related? Romans Chapter 11 is talking about that directly.
- The Pharisees and Sadducees were the same. And they are called the children of the devil.
- That means they were REJECTED. When you’re rejected, you’re a child of the devil.
 John 12:39-40 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again, 40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.
- That’s serious stuff right there. “THEY COULD NOT BELIEVE.” God blinded them.
- Let’s continue in Romans Chapter 11 verse 11.
 Romans 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
- God is still trying to save the ones who haven’t been rejected. He doesn’t give up.
- He only rejects those people who continue to reject Him over and over again.
- The others can still be saved. Through their fall SALVATION is come into the Gentiles.
- Why? To provoke physical ISRAEL to jealousy? Maybe they’ll see, be jealous, and change their mind.
- There’s good that comes from jealousy. He doesn’t want them going to hell.
- JESUS CHRIST gave it all He had when He came to earth. He cried out to the people.
 John 7:37-38 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
- So don’t get the rejection part wrong. God gives it all He has for every person to be saved.
- If someone gets rejected by God, you can know they deserved it. JESUS cries out to the people.
- Jesus pleads with people over and over again. He does this for every person.
- He has LOVED all people. But that love can come to an end if you reject God too many times.
 Hosea 9:15 All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters.
- So, not all of ISRAEL are saved and not all of ISRAEL are rejected.
- It’s person by person case. It’s not a nation by nation case. It’s not a race by race case.
- None of that matters. It’s a person by person case and the only thing that matters is FAITH.
- Have you ever had FAITH on the Lord Jesus Christ? That’s the question. That’s it.
 Romans 11:12-14 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness? 13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: 14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
- God can take anything and turn it into good. He can take our sin and teach us a lesson that helps us.
- And that’s what He’s doing here with Israel rejecting God.
- This is a GREAT THING Paul is saying in verse 12.
- In verse 13, Paul is saying that he is the apostle to the Gentiles and that is a great thing.
- “I MAGNIFY MINE OFFICE!!!” He’s saying, “I’m excited to be the apostle to the Gentiles.”
The Gospel Now Reaches The Entire World
With the Gentiles, the Gospel NOW reaches the entire world all because Israel rejects God.
- This means more salvations. MORE PEOPLE BEING SAVED. Is this a good thing? Oh yes it is.
- If there are more saved people in the world, what does that mean? More people preaching.
- That means more of Israel has the chance to be saved. Do you see that?
Verse 14: “If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.”
- He’s hoping that the physical ISRAEL will be provoked to jealousy over the Gentiles being saved.
- He’s hoping that physical ISRAEL will want to be saved. They’ll want to emulate the same thing.
- EMULATION is to imitate or try to do even better. Imagine if Israel today would turn today to Jesus.
- That would be absolutely amazing if they even turned into the GOSPEL LEADERS in this world.
- That’s what Paul is saying right there, and we should want to see the same thing today.
 Romans 11:15-16 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? 16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
- When God casts Israel away, this leads to the Gentiles being brought in and reconciling the world.
- This leads to some of Israel being saved too. LIFE FROM THE DEAD.
- Jesus is the first fruits and the root. He is holy. In HIM, we are holy.
- I want you to see the next verses, though, that help you to better understand verse 15 and 16.
 Romans 11:17-18 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; 18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
- This tree represents God’s people. It does not represent SALVATION or being saved.
- The tree does not represent ETERNAL LIFE. It simply represents God’s people.
- You’re going to see the ROOT is JESUS CHRIST. Then you’ll see Israel and the Gentiles.
If some of the branches be broken off. That’s talking about ISRAEL. Some branches are broken off.
- Not all of them are broken off because many believed in the Lord to save them.
- Abraham, Sarah, Isaac, Jacob, Moses. That’s why we have the Bible today. Thank God for them.
- The branches from Israel are there. King David is there. Paul is there.
The Gentiles are represented by the wild olive tree. Paul says in verse 17:
- “And thou, being a wild olive tree.” He’s talking to the Romans who are Gentiles.
- You were graffed in among them. This is GRAFTED in among them.
- Let me show you a picture of grafting. This is done all the time in the world today.
- You can graft different types of trees together. You can join 2 plants into one today.
- They end up growing together.
- The Gentiles are grafted into the tree. The Gentiles weren’t first, though.
- That’s why you see this in verse 18.
 Romans 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
- THE ROOT BEARS YOU. You aren’t the root. You’re a branch. JESUS IS THE ROOT.
- You have nothing to boast about. You’re a branch. The others are branches. No boasting from anyone.
 Romans 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
- In order for you to be grafted in, other branches were broken off.
- Does this mean they lost their salvation? No, this isn’t talking about salvation.
- This is talking about God’s chosen people as a group and as a people.
- It’s not talking about INDIVIDUAL SALVATION AT ALL.
- It’s not saying that you alone are a branch as an individual. It’s talking about groups of people.
- The children of Israel were God’s chosen people. They were broken off for the Gentiles.
 Romans 11:20-21 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: 21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
- Why were they broken off? BECAUSE OF UNBELIEF.
- They were God’s chosen people, but they wouldn’t believe.
- Why were the Gentiles grafted in? BECAUSE THEY BELIEVED. The children of Israel would not believe.
- And remember, this doesn’t mean that all the children of Israel didn’t believe.
- And this doesn’t mean that all the Gentiles do believe. It’s a case by case, individual by individual basis.
- In general, though, it’s talking about the groups of people. This is not individual salvation.
Faith Is Grafted In
So, because the Gentiles standest by faith like verse 20 says, they were grafted in.
- But Paul says, “Don’t be HIGH MINDED about that.” Don’t think that you’re better than them.
- But instead have FEAR because God didn’t spare the natural branches of ISRAEL.
- Be careful because He might break your group of people off too. Always have faith in God.
 Romans 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
- In other words, God isn’t treating any groups of people differently.
- SEVERITY and not goodness fell on the children of Israel because they wouldn’t believe.
- Towards the Gentiles, the Romans who Paul is writing to here, comes GOODNESS from God.
- Why? Because they have faith. Paul tells them to continue in GOD’S GOODNESS.
If not, you’ll be cut off too just like the natural branches. CUT OFF AS A PEOPLE and not from salvation.
- Remember that Paul said there is a remnant of believing ISRAEL.
- But, as a whole, as a group, the natural branches of ISRAEL were cut off.
- This isn’t talking about individual salvation. This is giving us a picture of God’s people as a group.
- Clear SCRIPTURE tells us over and over again that you can’t lose your salvation.
 John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
- You need to make sure you understand the illustration being taught about the olive tree today.
- Don’t ever let a false preacher tell you that you can lose your salvation.
- They like to take stories, parables, or illustrations and turn them into something it doesn’t say.
- A branch being cut off is not an individual losing salvation. It’s clearly talking about groups of people.
- And salvation isn’t determined by which GROUP of people you’re in: JEWS or GENTILES.
- When it comes to individual salvation, it doesn’t matter if you’re JEW or GENTILE.
 Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
 Romans 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
- So, the illustration here is not talking about losing salvation. It can’t be lost.
- JESUS HIMSELF clearly says so over and over again. But the false preachers? What do they do?
- They ignore the CLEAR SCRIPTURE and latch onto an illustration and twist it all around.
 John 11:25-26 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
- Is that not clear? Whosoever BELIEVETH in me shall NEVER DIE!!! He says, “Do you believe that or not?”
- It’s very clear within the BIBLE that you cannot lose your salvation.
 John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
- As soon as you believe on Jesus, you have everlasting life. “YOU HAVE IT RIGHT NOW,” Jesus says.
- If you have something right now that is everlasting, does it ever go away? No, it’s EVER LASTING.
- So again, the branches being cut off and then grafted back in is not someone losing salvation and then getting it back again.
- It’s an illustration showing 2 different groups of people: ISRAEL and GENTILES.
 Romans 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
- The children of Israel as a whole were cut off, but IF they would believe, they will be grafted back in again.
- Notice it says IF they would believe. False preachers say, “SEE, they will be grafted in.” No, IF they believe.
- False preachers use Romans 11 to say that ALL ISRAEL WILL BE SAVED no matter what.
- Do you see that anywhere in this chapter so far? No, it doesn’t say that. It depends on BELIEVING!!!
Being A Part Of The Tree Has Nothing To Do With Race
Notice, that being a part of this olive tree as a people has NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE.
- It has nothing to do with ethnicity or gender or anything you can’t help. Your genetics don’t save you.
- What does being saved have to do with? BELIEF and you’re in. UNBELIEF and you’re out.
- GENTILES aren’t replacing the ISRAELITES. Believers are replacing unbelievers in the tree. That’s it!!!
- Believers are God’s chosen people. Unbelievers are not. Your RACE doesn’t matter.
- We’re all a HUGE mixture anyway. It doesn’t matter. False preachers AMAZE me!!!
 Romans 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?
- So, the Gentiles are cut out of a wild olive tree. WILD BY NATURE. They were contrary to a good olive tree.
- But, the natural branches of a good olive tree will obviously work when grafted into the natural tree.
- JESUS is the root of ISRAEL. Obviously, ISRAEL will work when cut off and then grafted back in.
- For example, you can’t graft all types of trees together.
- Trees have to be compatible to be grafted together. And God says the GENTILES can be grafted in.
God gave us this example in the Bible and it’s an amazing example.
- We need to understand grafting of trees. It’s an amazing thing when you study it.
- I want to read you something I found that is on a gardening website that has nothing to do with the Bible.
 “People do like to graft fruit trees, as well as being interesting and an experiment, it can also be highly practical. Grafting trees not only gives you two different varieties on one tree, but it can also mean that if one was vulnerable to one thing, the other tree may cover it for that and help it, so the two plant genes will work together and be able to make each other resistant to various things.”
- If one is vulnerable to one thing, the other type can help. They work together to help each other.
- That’s what has happened. The ISRAELITES have helped us, and we’ve helped them.
- But obviously, we’re compatible because we’re all from Adam and Eve.
- We are compatible. God made us all. One isn’t better than the other.
- On the same website, the question is asked: “Can you graft any trees together?”
 “No – the simple answer is no. The trees need to be somewhat similar in order to be able to live together in harmony. Think about when we as humans get a donated organ or blood transfusion, it needs to be similar enough to not get rejected by the stem plant.”
- Again, God says we’re compatible. The wild ones can be grafted into the natural olive tree.
- We’re both olive trees. One is natural and one is wild.
- Neither one as a whole is REJECTED. The branches are compatible with the ROOT, who is Jesus Christ.
- And either group can be grafted into the natural root of this tree.
- I hope you now understand this great illustration within the Bible.
- God knew the false preachers would take that and twist it to match their FALSE DCOTRINES.
- You can’t lose salvation because JESUS clearly says you can’t over and over and over again.
Imagine different groups of people and nations being branches on the tree.
- You would have the 12 tribes of Israel as branches.
- The tribe of Dan is broken off. That doesn’t mean people from that tribe aren’t saved.
- The United States as a whole might be on the tree right now as a branch, but it might be broken off soon.
- When you have the majority of people who don’t believe any more, the branch can be broken off.
- The majority in China don’t believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. But they can change that and be grafted in.
Physical Israel Can Be Brought Back Into The Tree
Israel was a natural branch. They are broken off right now. But they can change that and be grafted in.
- And if they do, that branch is grow strong because it came from the natural tree.
- Africa, Australia, Italy, France, Ireland, Scotland, Brazil, India. EUROPE has tons of gospel preachers.
- Now they have hardly any. They were filled with the Gospel. Now it’s mostly gone.
- Are these nations going to decide to be grafted in or not?
- Imagine the illustration in that way. Nations and peoples.
- If the branch of the United States is broken off, does that mean there aren’t any saved people?
- The Bible gives the example of Israel. They are broken off, but there’s still a remnant of saved people.
- There, really, it’s that simple. Don’t let false preachers EVER tell you that you can lose your salvation.
 Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
- “Lest ye be wise in your own conceits.” In other words, don’t be proud because you’re a Gentile.
- “Look at me. I’m saved because I’m a Gentile, and I’m not a Jew.”
- “I’m an AMERICAN so I know God loves me.” It’s not about that.
- You’re saved by GRACE meaning you don’t deserve it. You have nothing to boast about.
- Don’t be boasting that Israel is broken off. Paul prayed that they might believe.
Notice where it says there in verse 25 that “BLINDNESS IN PART is happened to Israel UNTIL the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.”
- So, there’s a time when Israel is blinded in part. Not fully blinded.
- There’s a remnant of people being saved.
- But there is a time frame for this partial blindness.
- Has the blindness ended today? Take a look at the evidence of Israel today.
- Take a look at the Jews today. They have a false religion and they HATE Jesus Christ.
- So, are they still partly blinded today? YES. Are some of them still being saved today? YES.
- When does this blindness end? We’ll figure that out here in a minute.
- I want to read verse 25, 26, and 27 together as we continue.
 Romans 11:25-27 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
- Blindness in part is happened to Israel UNTIL the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
- “AND SO ALL ISRAEL SHALL BE SAVED.” When does this happen?
- When the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. The Deliverer is JESUS CHRIST.
- “He shall turn ungodliness from JACOB.” Jacob is Israel. This is my covenant God says.
- “I SHALL TAKE AWAY THEIR SINS.” These verse come from Isaiah Chapter 59.
 Isaiah 59:20-21 And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD. 21 As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed’s seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever.
- So, when shall all of Israel be saved and the part blindness of Israel be taken away?
- Let’s see because the Bible gives us this answer directly.
- I hope you remember what we’ve been learning in the Book of Revelation. This all goes together.
- We look to Luke Chapter 21 for the answer and that should ring a bell with you.
 Luke 21:23-24 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people. 24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
- So we see the same reference here: “Until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.”
- Romans Chapter 11 says “Until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.”
- Notice it says, “JERUSALEM WILL BE TRODDEN DOWN OF THE GENTILES.” That’s the answer.
- Once Jerusalem is trodden down of the Gentiles, the fulness of the Gentiles is come in.
 Revelation 11:2-3 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months. 3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
- If you remember, the temple is trodden under foot starting at the Abomination of Desolation.
- Then, the holy city JERUSALEM is trodden under foot for 42 months. 3-1/2 years. 1,260 days.
- That’s the second half of Daniel’s 70th week. At the end of the 42 months, what happens?
- The reign of Jesus Christ on Earth begins. The kingdoms of the earth are become the kingdoms of Jesus.
God Doesn’t Automatically Make Anyone Believe
False preachers teach that when Jesus begins to reign that ALL TRIBES OF ISRAEL will automatically believe.
- That’s what they teach. “All Israel shall be saved.” God will make them all believe at once.
- Today, the tribes of Israel do not exist. They’re lost. God did that. The Jews don’t know their tribes.
- The Book of Revelation never talks about all the Jews converting and being saved. Not once.
- But, the false preachers made it up in their own minds and continue to teach it. MAN-MADE teaching.
They’ll teach that once the Jews see Jesus coming on a white horse then they’ll believe.
- Is that what the Bible teaches anywhere? The anti-Christ comes on a white horse first.
- Does Jesus say He will give them a sign to make them believe? That’s what the false preachers are saying.
- They reject the word of God. They reject the Gospel. They reject missionaries.
- They kick them out of their country. They HATE Jesus. How are they going to believe?
- Are they going to believe because they see a great sign from God?
 Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
- You have to hear the word of God. They reject the word of God.
- So, since they reject the word of God, will Jesus then give them a sign so they’ll believe?
- They always want a sign and THEN they will believe. Right? Do you remember that? Give us a sign.
 Matthew 27:42 He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him.
- If I see it, THEN I’ll believe it oh JESUS King of the Jews. Come down from there.
- 1 Corinthians Chapter 1 tells us that the JEWS REQUIRE A SIGN.
 Matthew 12:39-40 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: 40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
- Jesus is saying, “You don’t need any other sign but my death, burial, and resurrection.”
- What else does Jesus need to do for these people? “There shall NO SIGN be given but the sign of Jonas.”
- Jesus died, He was buried in the tomb, and He arose on the third day. Is that not enough?
- They say, “NO!!! WE WANT TO SEE MORE!!!” Jesus says, “You will see no more.”
- That’s why they’re partly blinded today. You will see no sign.
 Matthew 19:27-28 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? 28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
- This SCRIPTURE is talking about the regeneration at the start of the reign of Jesus Christ for 1,000 years.
- He will sit in HIS THRONE of glory. And the 12 apostles will judge the 12 tribes of Israel.
- Those 12 tribes will be SAVED ISRAELITES that have been resurrected from the Rapture.
- The RAPTURE or RESURRECTION comes BEFORE the MILENNIUM.
- False preachers say, “Oh no, it will be all of Israel today and all will be saved because they are physical Israel.”
- The Bible doesn’t say that anywhere. Those who BELIEVE will be saved.
All Of Israel Shall Be Saved = All Of Spiritual Israel = All Saved
 Romans 11:26-27 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
- The true ISRAEL are the SAVED OF ISRAEL. So yes, ALL OF ISRAEL shall be saved.
- God isn’t going to make them believe. It’s a personal choice. God doesn’t make you believe.
- He isn’t going to give them a sign that makes them believe.
- When does He take away their sins? WHEN THEY BELIEVE ON HIM.
- Once they believe, UNGODLINESS is taken from them just like it’s been taken from your soul.
- ALL ISRAEL WILL BE RESSURECTED at the RAPTURE. Yes, all ISRAEL will be saved.
- The SPIRITUAL ISRAEL is the true ISRAEL and that includes both Jews and Gentiles from all nations.
 Romans 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers’ sakes.
- The unbelieving ISRAEL today are enemies of the GOSPEL.
- But they are beloved for the sakes of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
- Yes, God still loves people who haven’t yet believed. That’s why some are still being saved.
- So yes, God still loves them. He’s giving them chances to be saved for Abraham.
- Remember, Moses went to God for his people and stood up for them. “Please don’t destroy them all.”
- God loves unsaved people. He only hates them after He rejects them.
- Why? Because they won’t believe no matter what He does.
 Romans 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
- God is not repenting of what He promised Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
- God never said that all of physical Israel would be HIS CHOSEN PEOPLE no matter what.
- Let’s see what HE SAID so you understand this today.
 Exodus 19:5-6 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: 6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
- Notice that God says, “IF ye will obey my voice and keep my covenant THEN ye shall be a peculiar treasure above all people.”
- So, did the Israelites keep God’s covenant and did they continue to be HIS CHOSEN PEOPLE?
 Hebrews 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
- They continued not in HIS COVENANT and God regarded them not. That’s the broken branches.
 Romans 11:30-32 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: 31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. 32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
- The Gentiles didn’t believe. The Israelites don’t believe. ALL TYPES OF PEOPLE haven’t believed.
- So God had mercy on all, and He gives every individual the choice to be saved.
- He’s not going to save all. They must believe to be saved.
- That’s what Paul is teaching us with the OLIVE TREE and the BRANCHES. It’s believing or not.
 Romans 11:33-36 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! 34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counseller? 35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again? 36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.
- God’s plan for us was the same from eternity. His plan is perfect. And He’s trying to explain it to us.
- Yes, the Book of Romans is an amazing book and was very difficult for me to understand in the past.
- “O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!!!”
- This SCRIPTURE tells us to trust God’s plan. There is no one that could come up with a better plan.
- You get all these tiny little human minds saying that God is hateful and evil.
- “He would never throw people into hell. He loves all people no matter what.”
- You get all of that trash from the world today.
- Listen, trust God’s plan and believe what He says. HE KNOWS MORE. HE’S IN HEAVEN.
- “For of him and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.”