The title of the sermon today is “ROMANS CHAPTER 16.”
Saved People Have Different Levels Of Faith
- Let’s do a quick summary of what we learned in Romans Chapter 15.
- We learned there are people with different levels of faith.
- There are strong in faith and there are weak in faith.
- The strong in faith believe the words of the Bible when they hear them.
- They change their belief or their actions based on what God says.
The weak in faith see the words within the Bible, and they might believe some and not others.
- If you are strong in the faith, you are to receive all of those that are in the faith.
- It doesn’t matter how weak they are in the faith. God received them, and you better too.
- Your job is to help them to increase their faith. And that’s why we’re here.
- That’s why we teach the Bible verse by verse. We have to take the Bible as a whole and understand it.
- For example, when you see this SCRIPTURE in 1 Thessalonians Chapter 4, is this the coming of the Lord?
 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
- Preachers who teach dispensationalism are weak in the faith because the Bible clearly says in verse 15:
- “We which are alive and remain unto the COMING OF THE LORD.”
- Verse 16 and 17 show the rapture. Obviously, the second coming of the Lord is at the rapture.
- This is when Jesus comes in the clouds. But preachers still say, “Oh no, that’s not the coming of the Lord.”
- Well, that’s what the PERFECT BIBLE says. That’s what the word of God says!!! Don’t change it.
- Another example of being weak in faith is when you see this Scripture:
 Acts 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
- Did the soul of Jesus Christ go to hell? The Bible says, “That his soul was not left in hell.”
- Obviously, the soul of Jesus Christ went to hell but it was not left there.
- Being weak in faith is saying, “Oh no, the soul of Jesus didn’t go to hell.”
- Well, that’s what the PERFECT BIBLE says. Jesus wrote it. I think he knows where his soul went.
- And the weak in faith say, “Well, that doesn’t make any sense.”
- Well, it doesn’t matter if it makes any sense to you or not. GOD SAID IT.
- Being strong in faith is seeing the words in the Bible and believing what they say.
 John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
- Being strong in faith means that you see the only requirement to be saved is BELIEVE ON JESUS.
- Believe on God the Father. Believe on the Holy Spirit. They are GOD and GOD alone saves you.
- Putting all your trust on Jesus is faith. If you think it takes anything else, you aren’t believing those words.
- If you believe you receive everlasting life and you are immediately passed from death unto life.
 Romans 15:1-3 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. 2 Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification. 3 For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.
- We are to help each other. We aren’t here to please ourselves. We’re here to please God.
- We’re here to do what God asks us to do. It’s not about you getting everything you want.
- We are to be like minded in everything. How are we all going to be like minded? The BIBLE.
- One person says, “Well, I don’t think sodomy is wrong.” Another says, “Yes, it’s wrong.”
- The Bible ends the discussion. God says sodomy is wrong. It’s wicked and evil. The end.
There Is No Arguing With God
 Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
- We are to be like minded by using God’s word. I see that. I believe that. I support that. God said it.
- If I listen to the world, I would say, “Oh no, that’s not right. They’re good people.”
- God says the opposite. I’m going to stick to God. Cleave to that which is good. There’s none good but God.
- We are to preach the Gospel like Paul did. We need to get the word out. This community needs it.
- With that summary, let’s start in Romans Chapter 16 and let’s increase our faith today.
- How do you do that? See the words in the Bible. Hear them. Believe them.
 Romans 16:1-2 I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea: 2 That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.
- This is the last chapter of the Book of Romans. Paul is going to list out names of people who have helped.
- These are people who are laboring with him in getting the Gospel out. These are servants of the church.
- The SCRIPTURE you see there is HUGE in today’s world. People love to take this and twist it all up.
- These are the people who say they believe the Bible is the inspired word of God but not really.
- The Bible says she is a SERVANT of the church.
Well, when you “go back to the Greek” like all the Bible scholars, you’ll find the word diákonos (dee-ak’-on-os).
- I don’t need to go back to the Greek because I have the perfect word of God in English.
- People will say, “SEE!!! Women can be deaconesses within the church and have leadership positions.”
- Deacons are servants. Pastors are servants. Jesus is the greatest servant, and I thank God for that.
- That word is used for a servant in the church. It does not mean that women are to be leaders in church.
- It does not mean that women are to be deacons in the church. How do I know?
- Bishops and deacons are the two offices within the church.
 1 Timothy 3:10-12 And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless. 11 Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things. 12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.
- Do you remember how we just talked about faith and believing the word of God?
- That Scripture is obviously talking about the office of a deacon. The verse about Phebe isn’t.
- Verse 11 right there says the wives of deacons. A female doesn’t have a wife.
- Verse 12 says the husbands of one wife. A woman is not a husband. It’s very clear here.
- But yet, men and women in churches today will argue about this. Little to no faith. Some have none.
- Everyone in church is a servant to God. That’s why we’re here.
- When it calls Phebe a servant, it doesn’t mean she was serving in the office of a deacon within the church.
 Romans 16:1 I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:
- Commend means that Paul trusts Phebe, he’s praising her, he commits to her these words.
- At the very end of the chapter, you’ll see it says this was sent by Phebe to the Romans.
- Cenchrea is in Greece and you can find it on a map today. Phebe was from the church at Cenchrea.
 Romans 16:2 That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.
- Receive her. That’s what we just talked in Romans Chapter 15. Succourer means helper.
- She has been a great help to Paul and of many others also. Paul is praising her and asking for help.
- Paul asks the Romans to assist her in business. What does that mean?
- Is this a money making business? No, it’s talking about the business of the church.
- Does that mean selling things from church so the church has money? No, doesn’t mean that.
 Luke 2:48-49 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing. 49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father’s business?
- When Jesus was a young man, he stayed behind in Jerusalem and talked to people in the temple.
- He was going about his Father’s business in the temple. He wasn’t making money.
- He was teaching the truth. He was listening to others. He brought understanding to them about God.
- That’s what business means in Romans 16:2.
- It’s not talking about selling coffee or Priscilla having a book store in the church.
- It’s talking about PHEBE being about THE FATHER’S BUSINESS.
- What is the FATHER’S BUSINESS? Let’s see what these women like Phebe were doing.
 Philippians 4:2-3 I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord. 3 And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life.
- It says “those women which laboured with me in THE GOSPEL.”
- It doesn’t say the women who labored with me in taking care of the children. Teaching Sunday school.
- The nursery. It’s not cleaning the house. It’s not working a job out in the world. It’s not cooking dinner.
- It’s not changing diapers. It’s none of those things. It’s the GOSPEL that gets people saved.
- The Father’s business is the GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST and the women need to be preaching it.
- And Paul is asking for help in return to those women. That’s what we need to do.
- Help the women in that business of preaching the Gospel. Not teaching men in church. Outside.
Preaching The Gospel = Greatest Work You Can Do
What’s the most important thing for a woman to do? For a man to do? For a church to do?
- PREACH THE GOSPEL. You need it much more outside of church than within church.
- Is the job of preaching inside church or outside church more important? Think about that.
- So many pastors think of themselves so highly. “I am a great man of God,” they say.
- Well, let me tell you, preaching the Gospel outside of church is a much higher position than pastor.
The highest positions in a church are the SOUL WINNER positions and that’s for everyone.
- The greatest soul winner might be a woman, and she’ll have the greatest position in the church.
- And in heaven. Why do you think Paul talks about Phebe first? Maybe she is the greatest soul winner.
- Winning souls to Jesus Christ is why we exist here on this earth.
- If we aren’t going to do that, why are we here? So, let’s get back into it as soon as we can.
We need to LABOR IN THE GOSPEL and be about the Father’s business.
- And it’s everyone. God doesn’t give any pass to anyone. “Well, you get an exemption.” Nope.
- The women and the children can do better than any man. We need everyone. We are the body of Christ.
- It’s not just the men that make up the body of Christ. It’s everyone who believes. Let’s do it together.
 Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
- Men that think they’re better than women better wake up.
- Women soul winners will run circles around the men. This is the highest position in a church.
- Women who think it’s just the men need to wake up too. God never said that.
- Children who think it’s just the adults need to wake up. God didn’t say children can’t win souls to Christ.
- Children can be amazing soul winners to other children and even to adults. They wake us up all the time.
- “Hey, has anyone ever told you how to get to heaven?” Children listen. We need children to preach!
- And yes, we need men to stand up and do what God asks. We need women to do the same.
- The world believes the pastor position is the greatest position in church. It’s not. It’s the soul winner.
 Romans 16:3 Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus:
- Priscilla is the wife of Aquila. They are Paul’s helpers. They were preachers of the Gospel.
- Priscilla and Aquila are mentioned 6 times in the New Testament and they are always together.
 Acts 18:26 And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.
- Aquila and Priscilla took Apollos and taught him more about the way of God.
- When people hear my name, I want it to always be Josh and Pam. Josh and Pam. Josh and Pam.
- We’re supposed to be one, and that’s how I want it. When we go soul winning, Josh and Pam.
- There’s Josh and Pam. That’s we see with Aquila and Priscilla. Their names rhyme.
- Maybe Pam needs to change her name to squash, posh, or wash. Hey, there’s Josh and Squash.
 Romans 16:4 Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles.
- That’s the truth right there. Both Aquila and Priscilla laid down their own necks for Paul.
- Paul thanks them here and all the churches of the Gentiles thank them. And I thank them right now.
- The Gospel made it to the churches because of them. They laid down their own necks.
- Now that is what you call a good friend. Do you have any friends like that?
 Proverbs 18:24 A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.
- In other words, if you want to have friends, YOU MUST SHOW YOURSELF friendly.
- Yeah, maybe you need to be the first one that shows them you’re a friend.
- Maybe you ought to think about laying your neck out for the people you want as friends.
- And the people you want as friends are God’s people because they’ll do the same for you.
- So, do you think Paul laid his neck out there for his friends? Oh yes he did.
- Jesus is the friend that will stick closer than a brother. But, you need to put your neck out there for him.
- Are you scared to preach his words? Are you scared to stand up for him?
You Must Stick Your Neck Out For Your Friends
If you want Jesus as a friend, you better be willing to stick your neck out there for him.
- Oh, you don’t like to get the doors slammed in your face? You don’t like to get called names?
- Too bad. Stick your neck out there for Jesus. You might find 1 out of 1000 around here to bring to Jesus.
- And that 1 you found might become your best friend because you stuck your neck out for them.
- You went through all that persecution for them. You stuck your neck out. You showed yourself friendly.
- Now, that true friend will stick their neck out for you. That’s a friend. Not easy to find.
- Why don’t you be one of those true friends to someone else? Let’s not make it so hard to find them.
- A true friend will lay down their own neck for you. Will you do that for someone else?
 Romans 16:5 Likewise greet the church that is in their house. Salute my wellbeloved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia unto Christ.
- This is the only time in the Bible Epaenetus is seen.
- He’s one of the firstfruits of Achaia which is Western Greece.
- Priscilla and Aquila had a church in their house.
- 4 verses in the Bible talk about people having church in their house.
- Many churches start in people’s homes. They started at home and grew from there.
- God can make something from nothing. He can do something with nothing.
- We can’t. God creates from nothing. He does that through winning souls to Christ.
 Acts 5:42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.
- I will not stop teaching and preaching Jesus Christ. If we need to teach more, we’ll do it more.
- If we need to preach more, we’ll do it more. DAILY. Every house. We need to multiply.
- Shelby County, Kentucky needs the Gospel. And God will do something about it.
He put us here and sent some friends that aren’t from here to get the Gospel out.
- Hey, if you haven’t noticed, there’s a war for right and wrong in this county. And we’re losing.
- The others don’t even know they’re in a fight. They’re asleep, but we will wake them up.
- And when I say, “WE WILL WAKE THEM UP,” I’m talking Jesus is right here with us.
 Well, I am on the winning side, yes, I am on the winning side,
Out in sin no more will I abide;
I’ve emlisted in the fight for the cause of truth and right,
Praise the Lord, I’m on the winning side!
- We CANNOT cease to teach and preach DAILY in every house we can.
- If you’re afraid someone might call you a failure or this church a failure, we aren’t stopping.
- No matter where I go or what I do, I will not stop. And I will do it God’s way.
- Who cares what someone else thinks? They’ll call you a failure, but they won’t try to do anything.
- Because they’re scared to fail. I’m not scared to fail.
 Deuteronomy 31:8 And the LORD, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.
- Are you scared to fail? If you are, get over it now. Let it go. God is with us.
 Romans 16:6-8 Greet Mary, who bestowed much labour on us. 7 Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me. 8 Greet Amplias my beloved in the Lord.
- We see a woman named Mary listed here. Andronicus, Junia, Amplias.
- They have their names listed in the Bible. Wouldn’t that be amazing to have your name in the Bible?
- They got it there by working hard for God. God knows what you’re doing. He’s tracking it.
 Romans 16:9-11 Salute Urbane, our helper in Christ, and Stachys my beloved. 10 Salute Apelles approved in Christ. Salute them which are of Aristobulus’ household. 11 Salute Herodion my kinsman. Greet them that be of the household of Narcissus, which are in the Lord.
- We see more names of people listed here. Urbane, Stachys, Apelles, the household of Aristobulus.
- Herodian and the household of Narcissus.
- So far, we’ve seen that these people LABOR. THEY WORK.
 John 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.
- Jesus said, “Hey, I’ve got work to do. My Father is working, and I’m working too.”
- If that doesn’t motivate you to get to work for God, I don’t know what will.
- These people listed in Romans Chapter 16 are kinsmen. They are family. They are fellowprisoners.
- Would you go to prison for Jesus Christ? For family? Or, would you run the other direction?
- Would you go to prison with your fellow laborers? They are loved by each other. They help each other.
- They are approved in CHRIST. They salute each other. They understand what’s important.
- We work hard on other things. Are we putting that same work into God’s work, into his business?
You Don’t Need Free Time To Read Your Bible
I don’t know what it is, but so many people in this world today think that reading the Bible is leisure time.
- “Well, I’ll read the Bible when I get some free time.”
- That never happens because there’s more fun stuff to do.
- Well, guess what? The Bible reading doesn’t have to be fun. It’s work. GET TO WORK.
- “Well, I don’t really like to read it.” Well, I don’t really like to go to work. No one does.
GET TO WORK. After you work for it, then God shows you something. Then, you’ll love it.
- But first, get to work. We see God’s people working hard in the Bible. It’s time to work.
- It’s not all about fun all the time. “Well, I don’t have fun going soul winning.”
- “Well, I don’t have fun going to church.” You don’t have any doughnuts for us.
- Hey, it’s work the Bible says. It’s time to stop worrying about our feelings and how much fun we have.
- JESUS died for you. It’s the least you can do for him.
- Go out and win some souls so HIS WORK counts even more. HIS WORK saves people.
- So, let’s go find people to bring to Jesus.
- I know Jesus would die for just me, but there’s a lot of others out there that he died for.
- We need to go out there and find them. And no, it’s not fun. It’s work.
Young and old and every age in between. It’s time to work.
- Moses didn’t get old and say, “Well, God, I’m taking a break. I need to go play some golf.”
- That young man in Jerusalem named Jesus didn’t say, “Father, I’m going to play with the other children.”
- No, he worked for his father. “I’ve got to be about my Father’s business.”
 Romans 16:12-16 Salute Tryphena and Tryphosa, who labour in the Lord. Salute the beloved Persis, which laboured much in the Lord. 13 Salute Rufus chosen in the Lord, and his mother and mine. 14 Salute Asyncritus, Phlegon, Hermas, Patrobas, Hermes, and the brethren which are with them. 15 Salute Philologus, and Julia, Nereus, and his sister, and Olympas, and all the saints which are with them. 16 Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.
- They labored in the Lord. THEY WORKED HARD. That’s why they’re listed here. They are examples.
- When you get to heaven, do you want Jesus to introduce you into heaven like this?
- “Salute Josh who always took care of his own but didn’t win any souls to Christ. But he made it.”
- “Meet Josh who always did what he wanted and never did anything for his Savior. But he made it.”
- Or, do you want to be introduced like this?
- “Salute Josh and Pam who were one in the Lord and labored in the Lord together.”
- “Josh and Pam stuck out their necks for me. Josh and Pam went about my Father’s business.”
- “Salute Josh and Pam with a holy kiss. We thank you for your service to the Lord.”
 Matthew 25:21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
- We’re all running out of time to get this work done for the Lord.
- He hasn’t asked us to be FAITHFUL over MANY, MANY things that are just so difficult.
- All he’s asked us to do is that which is reasonable. Go out and tell others. Why? So they can be saved.
- It’s either eternal life or eternal death and hell. So, look, we MUST get to work. Soul winning.
- Reading the Bible. Studying the Bible. Yes, it takes work.
 Ecclesiastes 12:12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
- Studying the Bible will make you tired. The Bible says it will. MUCH STUDY is a weariness of the flesh.
- These words in the Bible are eternal. You will need them for eternity. So you better get to work.
- I would absolutely love to have this entire Bible memorized.
- Maybe it takes my 5,000 years. I’ve got the time, but I’d rather cut that to 1,000 years.
- No, I’d rather cut that to 500 years. I’ll work harder and cut it to 300 years. I need the word of God.
- Walking, talking, preaching, getting yelled out. That’s hard work.
- Prayer is hard work. Going to church is hard work. It’s not for fun. It’s LABORING in the Lord.
- I don’t know about you all, but I’m ready to work for my Savior. I’m ready. Let’s get to work.
- Even when my body is tired, strength comes from within and God gives me the energy and strength.
 Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
- This is a HUGE verse especially for the false churches around here today. I just left one.
- Now, do you have faith in the word of God? Do you believe what that says right there?
- I beseech you brethren. I’m asking you with urgency and with all that I have. Please listen.
- “Mark them which cause divisions and offences.” Does that verse stop right there? No, it doesn’t.
- I know I’ve been accused of causing division and offences in churches. I know I have. Guaranteed.
- “Josh caused all of that garbage. He made us lose people. He caused division.”
- But that verse doesn’t stop there. You have to read the rest of the verse.
The Bible Commands Us To Mark Those That Teach Different From The Bible
“Mark them which cause division and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.”
- Does that mean to take any doctrine you have learned and avoid all the people who teach different?
- Does that mean to take anything you’ve learned in false churches and avoid the truth?
- That’s what most people think it means. That’s what false preachers teach that it means.
- They take that SCRIPTURE and misrepresent God so badly I can’t wait to see what God does to them.
- GOD is saying, “Take this doctrine that I’ve taught you and avoid them who teach something else.”
So, I went to the Pastor after he didn’t like what I was teaching in church.
- He was teaching the church that they could lose everlasting life. My children were listening. I say:
- “Oh, no you don’t! I will not listen to that. I WILL MARK YOU. God already has you marked false preacher.”
- I’ll show you the truth in the Bible. I’ll show you what God says about everlasting life. It’s everlasting.
 1 John 5:10-13 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. 11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
- That false preacher is making God Almighty out to be a liar.
- So, what are you going to do when someone preaches that?
- You’re going to stick your neck out for your friend who is named Jesus Christ.
- You aren’t spitting in the face of my Lord and Savior. You aren’t teaching my family wrong.
- You aren’t teaching that to my friends. I’m going to stick my neck out for Jesus and for them.
- You can say whatever you want about me, but I’m going to stand up for my friends.
If someone is teaching FALSE DOCTRINE like, “You can slip out of God’s hands and lose your salvation,” then you aren’t the one causing division when you say something.
- When you leave that false church, that pastor is the one who caused the division.
- I’m going to divide from that false preacher and that false church. You can come with me or not.
- You can choose to stick with someone who teaches damnable heresies or choose God.
 John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
- Who are you almighty false preacher? THE SON MADE ME FREE.
- And you think you can bring me back to your hell? News flash. YOU CAN’T.
- I’m free. “YE SHALL BE FREE INDEED.” I’m never trusting in a man ever again.
- I have the Lord Jesus Christ and in HIM will I trust.
 2 Samuel 22:3 The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.
- If you think I’m the one that caused that division, you better wake up!!!
- I will trust in God and then God is the one who divides. He is the GREAT DIVIDER. Heaven or hell.
- Which one do you want? All you have to say in your heart today, “IN HIM I TRUST” and it’s heaven.
- Never trust in God and to hell you will go for eternal burning and torment.
We See Godly Men Causing Division In The Book Of Daniel
Here’s an example in the Bible of some men causing division.
- Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. The king told them to bow down to his false image.
- Everyone else was bowing down. Why didn’t they just go along with it and not cause any trouble?
- It’s just so much easier to not cause any division in the church.
 Daniel 3:16-18 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter. 17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. 18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.
- They said, “WE WILL NOT DO WHAT YOU SAY.” Whose causing the division?
- Was Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego wrong? No, the king was causing the division. He was wrong.
- God says, “DO NOT BOW DOWN AND WORSHIP AN IMAGE. Do not serve another god.”
- Always side with God Almighty. Believe what he says, and stop believing this false church trash.
- “Well, the Bible is so dividing. Everyone fights over the Bible.” Yeah, that’s right.
- You either believe what God says or you don’t. If you don’t, depart from me. AVOID THEM. MARK THEM.
- Don’t bring another Bible in here but the King James Bible. I’ll mark you. Just kidding. Not really.
- The Bibles don’t say and mean the same thing. When you bring that in here, it causes division.
 Romans 16:18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.
- When I didn’t know the Bible, I would have fallen for anything.
- That’s who the false preachers are looking for. When you read the Bible, you’ll recognize them quickly.
- You’ll hear them say, “God loves everyone no matter what. Love the sinner, hate the sin.” WRONG.
- And then you go home and read your Bible and you see this:
 Psalm 5:4-5 For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee. 5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
 Psalm 11:5 The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.
 Psalm 26:5 I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked.
- And you know that the Holy Ghost spoke these words through the mouth of David.
- Hey, false preacher, why are you teaching that we should accept and love everything?
- God sure doesn’t love everyone he throws into hell. The Bible clearly states that God hates people.
 Psalm 139:21-22 Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? 22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
- And that right there is the right thing to do. We are not to love EVIL AND WICKED people.
- The false preachers are serving their own bellies. The Bible says so in Romans 16:18.
- You need to get away from those people. You need to get away from those false churches.
- “By good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.”
- In other words, don’t be deceived by good words and fair speeches.
- Just because someone says some good words to you, that doesn’t mean you follow them.
- The Bible tells us to mark the people who teach something different than the Bible and mark them.
- And we call them out PUBLICLY after they won’t change their mind with the Bible.
- Paul marks them and call them out PUBLICLY.
 1 Timothy 1:5-7 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned: 6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling; 7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.
- Later in the chapter, Paul calls out their names. They have turned unto vain jangling, wrangling, disputing.
Yes, The Names Of False Preachers Are Called Out In The Bible
 1 Timothy 1:20 Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme.
- These are letters Paul wrote openly. They are public letters. He called out their names.
- For example, I call out Kyle Idleman, Dave Hamlin, and Terry Yeager for preaching a false Gospel.
- The Bible calls out examples by name. The Bible gives us that example on purpose. We do the same.
 Romans 16:19-20 For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil. 20 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.
- Evil is simple. If it doesn’t match the Bible, it’s evil. We can’t fall for evil in any way. Don’t fall for it.
- We cannot compromise over any evil things. It’s not okay. Make it simple. Don’t compromise.
- And don’t worry because you have the grace of Jesus Christ with you.
- God’s going to take care of Satan shortly. Be patient. Be longsuffering. God is with you.
 Romans 16:21-24 Timotheus my workfellow, and Lucius, and Jason, and Sosipater, my kinsmen, salute you. 22 I Tertius, who wrote this epistle, salute you in the Lord. 23 Gaius mine host, and of the whole church, saluteth you. Erastus the chamberlain of the city saluteth you, and Quartus a brother. 24 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
- We see Paul listing out people again. Timotheus, Lucius, Jason, Sosipater, Tertius, Gaius, Erastus, Quartus.
- Timotheus is Timothy. Timothy worked with Paul. The others there in verse 21 worked with Paul.
- Verse 22 says that Tertius wrote this actual epistle to the Romans.
- Paul didn’t actually write it all down, but he had Tertius write the letter for him using Paul’s words.
- Paul is the author of the book through the Holy Ghost, but Tertius actually wrote the words on paper.
- Actually, the only book that Paul wrote down himself is the book of Galatians.
- But he is the author of all of those letters from Romans to Philemon.
 2 Thessalonians 3:16-18 Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all. 17 The salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token in every epistle: so I write. 18 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. The second epistle to the Thessalonians was written from Athens.
- Paul talks about people trying to write false letters using his name.
- He says, “The salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token of every epistle.”
- He would sign each letter with his own hand writing so they would know it was Paul.
- You’ll see something similar at the start and end of every letter from Paul. That’s why.
- He was showing people that it is actually Paul writing these letter to them.
- At the end of first Corinthians you see this:
 1 Corinthians 16:21-23 The salutation of me Paul with mine own hand. 22 If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maran-atha. 23 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
- You can see that Paul signs this letter in his own hand writing so they know it’s Paul.
- If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be accursed or damned.
- He always ends a letter with something similar to verse 23.
- “The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.” If you don’t see Paul’s salutation, it’s not from Paul.
- God doesn’t emphasize WHO ACTUALLY WROTE IT DOWN. The Holy Ghost is speaking it through Paul.
- Paul physically wrote down the book of Galatians but you can know God said it.
- Man didn’t put their own thoughts and their own desires into the Bible. That’s why the Bible is Scripture.
- Tertius didn’t put his own thoughts to Paul’s words. He didn’t try to change Paul’s words.
 Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
- Some false preachers read verse 25 and teach that Paul has his own gospel.
- Paul says, “Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel.”
- No, we know that the Holy Ghost spoke these words through the Apostle Paul.
- MY GOSPEL is the true gospel within the Bible so yes that is MY GOSPEL. That’s what Paul is saying.
- He didn’t preach a different Gospel than Jesus Christ. Paul taught that we’re saved by faith.
- In the Book of Romans, he says that every way possible. FAITH SAVES, FAITH SAVES, FAITH SAVES!!!
The Full Revelation Of The Bible Is A Mystery
Romans 16:25 says “according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began.”
- The full revelation of the Bible is a mystery. We know more now because things have happened.
- But we don’t know everything. Many things are still a mystery to us.
- Daniel had trouble understanding everything God was giving him.
- That doesn’t mean the people in the Old Testament didn’t know and understand the Gospel.
- In fact, people within the Old Testament 100% knew the Gospel.
 Galatians 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
- Abraham knew the Gospel. God preached the GOSPEL to Abraham. Do you think he did a good job?
- There is no GREATER PREACHER than God Almighty!!! Look at the Bible. Now that’s a preacher!!!
- When God preached it to Abraham, you can know that Abraham understood it perfectly.
- You don’t think Abraham taught his children? You don’t think Abraham passed it on? Oh yes he did!!!
 Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
- Abel was a prophet. Noah was a prophet. Abraham was a prophet. Moses was a prophet. Aaron. Joshua.
- Caleb. Othniel. Samuel. King Saul. King David. King Solomon. Isaiah. Jeremiah. Daniel. ALL THE PROPHETS.
- But yes, the GOSPEL is a secret to most people. It’s a mystery even though it’s simple to understand.
- Today, we understand more because we have all the SCRIPTURES. We see the bigger picture. But not all.
- But all the prophets knew that THROUGH HIS NAME whosoever BELEIVETH receives forgiveness of sin.
 Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
- The whole Bible from Genesis to Revelation is teaching us that we’re saved by FAITH.
- And yes, we’re being OBEDIENT to God when we have FAITH. Works don’t save.
- But the first step to being saved is being obedient to God by changing your mind.
- And the reward for that is great. It’s everlasting life.
- Just one small step of obedience and God rewards you. And it’s not work. It’s changing your mind.
- Part of the mystery of God is God made it KNOWN TO ALL NATIONS.
- The children of Israel thought it was just for them. But God made it known to all nations.
 Acts 10:44-45 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. 45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
- The children of Israel or those of the circumcision were ASTONISHED that the Gentiles could be saved.
- That was a mystery to them. Not to us right here.
- We understand that SAVLATION is to anyone who believes on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Paul is the apostle to all these other nations. He teaches us perfectly through the Holy Ghost.
- And we need to get to work. God’s given us so much. He’s given us all the Scripture and a perfect Bible.
- Men, women, children. It’s time to get to work. That’s what Paul is teaching us in Romans Chapter 16.
 Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
And with that, this ends the verse by verse study of the Book of Romans.
- And yes, that makes me sad. I love the Book of Romans, and I know we have to move on to the others.
- We’ve got 1,189 chapters in the King James Bible to study with everything we have.
- The Book of Romans took care of 16 of those 1,189 chapters. So we have some work to do.
- But thank God for the Book of Romans from Paul and penned down by Tertius.
- We thank God for those men who fought and died for God’s word.
- We thank God for the people who will stick their necks out for their friends.
- The book was sent by Phebe a servant of the church.
- We thank God for her and we thank God for the women here right now.