The title of the sermon today is “ROMANS CHAPTER 4.”
Romans Chapter 3 Refresher
- I want to read the very last verse of Chapter 3 to refresh your memory on where we left off in Romans Chapter 3.
 Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
- If you remember, Chapters 1, 2, and 3 teach us that the Gentiles aren’t good, the Jews aren’t good, and no man is good before God.
- Why is this?
- Because we’ve all broken the LAW that God set for us to follow.
- If you’ve lied, you’ve broken the entire law the Bible says.
 James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
- Romans Chapter 3 teaches us that the law of God is established THROUGH FAITH.
- Who will follow God’s law better?
- Those who have faith in themselves to do good works and to be righteous on their own?
- OR, those who know they aren’t good and by faith trust in God to save them?
- Faith in God is what establishes the law.
- Faith is 100% of your trust on God and not yourself.
- I’ve been there. I can follow His law much better when I trust Him to do it for me.
- When you trust Him, you receive the Holy Ghost.
- This Holy Ghost resides within and teaches you ALL THINGS including how to follow God’s law.
- Romans Chapter 3 CONCLUDES that we are saved by FAITH ALONE without works.
 Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
Let’s Start There In Verse 1 Of Romans Chapter 4
- So now, let’s start with Romans Chapter 4 verse 1.
 Romans 4:1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?
- So this is a question concerning to that last verse is Romans Chapter 3 about establishing the law through FAITH.
- What did Abraham find out about the flesh? And doing works of the flesh?
- Do good works justify you before God? Let’s see what Abraham found out.
- So, we’re going to see an example from the Old Testament from Abraham!
- One thing I absolutely love about the Bible is all the examples that God gives us.
- We learn so much from each example and Abraham is a great example to learn from.
 Romans 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
- “IF” Abraham were justified by works, he sure would be able to glory and boast about himself.
- He would be able to do this before man.
- He could say, “Hey, look at all the great works I have done.”
- “I have donated all of this money to a great cause, and my name has been placed on this library.”
Let’s have a news conference because I’m running for office, and I want people to see all of the great works I have done.
- That happens all the time in this world. But look at the end of verse 2.
- It says, “Abraham can glory IF it were of works, BUT NOT BEFORE GOD!!!”
- God doesn’t accept the righteousness of ANY MAN to receive eternal life and to enter into heaven.
- God tells us what He does accept and that’s BELIEVING on Jesus Christ.
- So if you want to get into heaven, you better do what God says.
- Your goodness and your righteousness doesn’t get you into heaven.
- God does not accept YOUR righteousness.
 Romans 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
- When you want to know the truth about anything, guess what you should say to yourself?
- “FOR WHAT SAITH THE SCRIPTURE!!!” Hey, what does the Scripture say?
- What does God have to say about it?
- That’s why we ONLY use Scripture to back what we’re saying in this Church
- I could stand up here and tell you all kinds of stories and how life works and how to do this and this
- But guess what? If it doesn’t match the Bible, it’s not the truth!!!
Making Sense Does Not Equal Truth
We could stand up here and explain a FALSE DOCTRINE like the Pre-Tribulation Rapture without using the Bible, and it would make sense to you.
- That’s why people accept it. It makes sense in the way it is explained.
- Evolution makes sense to children in public schools because of they way it is explained to them.
- Just because something makes sense IT DOES NOT MEAN it is the TRUTH!!!
- We could stand up here and say you could lose your salvation and slip out of God’s hands
- I could explain it so it makes sense to you. I could even twist the Scripture.
- But guess what? You can’t twist the entire Bible. If you twist one verse, another won’t make sense!!!
- So what we do here in this Church? “WHAT SAITH THE SCRIPTURE?” That’s what we do here.
- You can learn everything you need to know from the Bible ALONE. 100% the truth.
- The Bible covers everything you need to know.
“Abraham BELIEVED God, and it was counted to him for righteousness.”
- What else do we need to know?
- Abraham didn’t become righteous through his works, through following the law, through circumcision
- He became righteous once he believed GOD and what He was telling him!!!
- And I love this next verse, and I want you to see this one and understand it today.
 Romans 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
- If you could work your way into heaven, what does that really mean?
- That means God would OWE YOU for the work you’re doing.
- He would have to pay up because He owes you a debt for the great work you’re doing for Him.
- People who believe their good works get them to heaven are saying, “Hey God, you owe me. Pay up.”
- What have you done or what could you do in which God would owe you eternal life?
- You better get to work if you think it’s your works that will get you there.
You better not waste one second of your life if you’re going to tell God that He owes you.
- The truth is, you can’t do enough good works to earn eternal life. God doesn’t owe you anything.
- God has already given you everything. You only have life right now because God gave it to you.
- “Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.”
- Grace is the opposite of debt. Grace means God is giving you something you don’t deserve.
- God doesn’t owe you. If you think God owes you for your greatness, you’re going to be disappointed.
- When you understand grace, you understand God is giving you something you don’t deserve.
 Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
- To him that worketh, that person believes God owes them. Do you see that? “God, you owe me for what I’ve done. Let me into heaven.”
- What is God going to say to people who think this way? “I NEVER KNEW YOU.”
- To him that worketh NOT and believeth on Him, HIS FAITH is counted for righteousness.
- If you think you’re working for it, Paul is saying you’re in the category of people who WORKETH.
- If you think it’s faith and not works, Paul is saying you’re in the category of people who WORKETH NOT.
- Does God need to provide YOU with compensation for YOUR GREATNESS?
- How are you going to earn SALVATION? Seriously, what would you do? Me?
- I wouldn’t have a clue how to earn such a GREAT THING!!! No one does because it can’t be earned.
- In other words, God doesn’t owe you. If anyone owes anyone, WE OWE GOD A GREAT DEBT!
- God gives this gift because we believe what He says. We believe in Jesus Christ to save us.
False Religions And Churches All Around Us ALWAYS Want To ADD WORKS To Salvation
- They can’t teach that and understand the book of Romans.
- If they don’t teach you that you have to work to gain salvation
- They’ll teach you that you have to work to keep salvation
- I’ve seen it all and experienced it all around here
- Then, they’ll even tell you if you were saved then you would have the works to go with it
- They’ll say that you aren’t saved because you’re not living a HOLY LIFE and doing whatever I “GREAT PASTOR” of so and so Church says to do!!!
- “Well, you aren’t saved because you’re living a bad life.”
- They’ll ask, “How can you be saved and not do what the Bible says???”
- And they don’t understand that they’re the worst of worst hypocrites!!!
- There’s not ONE OF US that do everything the Bible says all the time.
- We aren’t good. We aren’t righteous. We are SINNERS!!! That’s what the Book of Romans tells us.
 Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
- So when you look at that verse right there, how many people can gain the gift of eternal life through their own goodness and their own righteousness?
- Looks like NONE to me!!! How much simpler can the Bible be? How much more clear can the Bible be?
- But these same FALSE PREACHERS will teach that you’ll OBEY all of the Bible once you’re saved.
- There’s this HUGE GROUP of Christians who believe that once they’re saved ALL OF THEIR WORKS all the time will be GOOD and RIGHTEOUS.
- Who are they deceiving? No one but themselves. The Bible says so.
This is a NEWS FLASH: “There are saved people out in this world right now who you’ll see in heaven that live just like the world lives.”
- But guess what? They believed on Jesus Christ and are saved.
- They aren’t doing any good works, but they’re saved! Why? Because Faith alone saves.
- It’s a NEW BIRTH. You become a child of God once you believe.
- NONE OF US are without sin. NONE. We all sin and continue to sin.
- A bad thought is a sin. Turning on the TV and supporting some evil trash is a sin.
 Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
- Notice that is say HIM THAT WORKETH not but believeth on Him, His faith is counted for righteousness
- Who is saved? HIM THAT WORKETH NOT.
- Do you have to do good works to be saved? NO. It’s faith alone. Chapter 3 said the same thing.
- Once you’re saved, then good works will get your rewards in heaven.
- Until you’re saved, good works aren’t good works and they mean nothing because they aren’t done in faith
 1 Corinthians 3:11-15 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13 Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is. 14 If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
- Once you have the foundation of Jesus Christ through faith, you HAVE the foundation.
- It’s not going away BECAUSE no man can destroy the foundation of JESUS CHRIST.
- If you think you can or any man can, you’re mistaken. You’re WRONG!!!
- Jesus Christ is God so good luck trying to destroy that foundation.
- Verse 12 there says if ANY MAN BUILD UPON this foundation.
- So you’re building good works on the foundation.
The Best Works Don’t Burn Up
All of those things listed there are good works including wood, hay, and stubble.
- But the more precious things are things of ETERNAL VALUE like winning Souls to Christ.
- The wood, hay, and stubble would be things like attending church and just sitting there.
- Showing up to church is a good thing to do but it could just be stubble that will burn up.
- BUT, If you study and listen and it helps you win a soul to Christ, then it’s a MUCH BETTER work.
- Maybe it’s now a piece of silver.
- Helping people turn to righteousness and turn sin away, that’s going to get you a reward that passes through the fire. That’s not stubble.
When you go out Soul Winning and win someone to Jesus Christ, you’re earning an eternal reward in heaven!!!
- Do you understand that today? This is why we need to give it our best out Soul Winning.
- #1 importance is winning a soul to Christ.
- Pray to God that the Holy Spirit will bring someone to Christ around here!!!
- Please Lord, help us to win some souls to Christ around here!
- And guess what? He’ll help us. He will be with us because that’s what HE WANTS too.
- When you raise children to grow up and they win souls to Christ, you’ll get rewards for raising that child and leading them in the right direction.
- When you have grandchildren that look up to you and they see you going out winning souls to Christ and that affects them and they want to do the same, you’ll receive rewards in heaven.
Our children are of GREAT IMPORTANCE!!! We must teach them the ways of God!!!
- In verse 15, there are people who are saved all throughout this world in which all their work will be burned.
- They won’t have ANY WORK of eternal significance. It will ALL burn up.
- So you have people who are saved but have NO GOOD WORKS AT ALL. Right?
- That’s what verse 15 is saying.
- No good works, but look what it says at the end of verse 15.
- “BUT HE HIMSELF SHALL BE SAVED!!!” No good works and yet that person is saved. See that today.
- This all ties back to Romans 4 verse 5. Let’s read it again.
 Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
- To Him that worketh not, His faith is counted for righteousness.
- Matches 1 Corinthians Chapter 3 perfectly AS ALWAYS.
- The works of the law are not going to save you.
- In other words, if you steal or don’t steal in your life, this has NOTHING to do with your salvation
- The works of the law don’t have anything to do with your salvation
- Murder doesn’t have anything to do with your salvation. Did I say so? No, God says so.
- If you don’t steal, you’re following God’s law. You’ve obeyed God. You’ve fulfilled the law.
- Is not stealing going to gain you the gift of eternal life? No. If you do it your whole life, it’s not enough.
Repent Of Your Sin To Be Saved???
Repenting of your sin to be saved is never in the Bible.
- It’s just something everyone repeats because it makes sense and sounds good.
- Repenting of your sin is a good work BUT it does not SAVE YOU.
- If you think repenting of your sin or any good work is required, you’ll have to cut the book of John out of your Bibles, the Book of Romans, the Book of Galatians. Well, pretty much every book.
- Just throw it away and make up your own Bible. Oh yeah, that’s what people are doing and have been doing. Make up your own false god and see where that gets you when you die.
- False churches and false preachers will tell others that they must give up living with their girlfriend to be saved. Or, they must give up drugs and alcohol to be saved. WRONG!!!
- Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved. Who says so? Well, let’s see.
 John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
- Can a person committing fornication believe on Jesus and be saved? Oh yeah.
- Can a thief be saved? Oh yeah. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Do you know how to establish the law? Do you know how to get people to stop committing sin like that?
- Through faith on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- It’s not of themselves. The Holy Spirit will convince them to stop if they decide to walk in the Spirit and not the flesh.
It’s faith alone that saves you.
- The Book of Romans tells us this over and over.
- Have you ever heard the preachers or people who get up in front of church and tell others that the moment they were saved that they never had another bad desire to do anything?
- Where’s the Bible say that?
- Those same people are getting up and glorying in front of everyone. They’re lying.
- They act like they are Jesus Christ. “Well, tell us oh great false preacher how to be like you?”
- “We bow down before you OH GREAT FALSE PREACHER!!!” That’s what they want.
What we should be doing is getting up in front of people and telling them the ONE AND ONLY REASON we are saved is JESUS CHRIST ALONE.
- I’m not good. I need Jesus to save me. I’m still not good. Jesus is good. Jesus saves. I don’t save anything.
- Don’t look to me. Don’t look to anything on this Earth. Look to God alone. He’ll save you.
- Salvation is not because I did anything. It’s not of works AT ALL in ANY WAY.
- That also means that people shouldn’t look at us BECAUSE we are not good. Look to God and Him alone.
- Why? Because GOD IS RIGHTEOUS. GOD IS PERFECT. GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME. Look to Him.
- Don’t look at me. Don’t look at Pam. Don’t look at Callie, Taylor, Emma.
- We will mess up. That’s a promise. God doesn’t mess up. He is GOD. We are not.
 Romans 4:6-8 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, 7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. 8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
- King David speaks about this in Psalm 32:1.
- He says, “Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.”
- God is imputing righteousness to us without works. The Lord will not impute sin to those who believe.
- What does impute mean? Impute means to charge to your account.
- You have an account with God and all your sin is within that account.
- You can think of it a record of all your debt that you would owe him.
You Can’t Pay The Debt You Owe To God
It’s like being in debt by billions of dollars and NEVER being able to pay it back.
- It’s very difficult to get out of debt. It takes a long time and it gets worse and worse.
- You can’t pay off your debt of sin. The only way to pay off your sin is to go to hell for all eternity.
- That’s the only way for YOU to pay it off. And it’s for all eternity so you truly can’t pay it off on your own.
- The Lord will not impute sin to you IF you believe on Jesus Christ.
- If you’re saved, sin is forgiven and sin is no longer added to YOUR account.
- THE LORD WILL NOT IMPUTE SIN TO YOU IF YOU HAVE BELIEVED ON JESUS CHRIST.
 Romans 10:3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
- Paul is praying for the children of Israel in Romans Chapter 10 that they might be saved.
- They believe it is their works of the law that save them.
- He’s saying they are ignorant of God’s righteousness and they can establish their own righteousness.
- We MUST submit ourselves UNTO the righteousness of God.
God will not impute DEBT to your account once you’re SAVED (past tense).
- Let’s say you have $30,000 in credit card debt right now as a comparison.
- What if the credit card company called and said, “You MUST believe that we will pay this off for you right now and we will not count any more debt to your card.”
- Would you believe them? If you believe, they said they will pay off your debt and not count any more debt to your account.
- That would be pretty amazing, right? $30,000 and no more debt ever again.
- Well, guess what? God’s doing the same thing BUT is giving you MUCH more than that!
- He’s trying to give you eternal life in the greatest places EVER without any mortgage, rent, property taxes, or anything.
- And guess what? Most people don’t want it. It blows my mind.
When He says He will not impute sin, this includes the future too.
- No sin will be imputed to you. He can punish you in THIS LIFE as a good Father will do.
- But you can swipe that credit card as many times as you can and NO SIN will be imputed to your account.
- “Well, what if I killed someone else?” Is that a sin? Yes. Will God impute that sin to you? No.
- He doesn’t make any distinction between lesser sin and greater sin.
- He says, “BLESSED IS THE MAN TO WHOM THE LORD WILL NOT IMPUTE SIN!!!”
- Does that mean you can go do whatever you want now and get into heaven? Yes.
- Does that mean God won’t UTTERLY DESTROY your life right now? No.
- He will destroy your life if you go against Him so do what He says. Remember, He’s watching. He sees all.
- BUT, you are FREELY JUSTIFIED by HIS GRACE. God’s grace through Christ Jesus!
 Romans 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
- Your account with God for sin is clear and free.
- Your title is clear. No more debt. Thank God for that TODAY!
- If you read the whole Bible, you’ll see that it’s FAITH ALONE that saves you.
- There is no other conclusion AT ALL that can be drawn. Faith alone saves you.
- Faith alone won’t get you any rewards in heaven BUT faith alone will get you into heaven.
- Understand that today. Let’s continue in verse 9 of Romans Chapter 4.
 Romans 4:9 Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.
- This verse is saying, “Is it only those who are circumcised that will be counted righteous?”
- “Is it only those who do the deeds of the law who will be counted righteous?”
- Then it says, “We say that FAITH was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.”
- So imagine this, “There’s a BANK in heaven keeping track of all your sins.”
- You have a huge debt just like I have a HUGE debt.
- You want to make some deposits to get rid of that debt so you try some good works.
- You go feed the lazy homeless people. You give them a $20 bill so they can get drunk for a little while.
“God Bless You, Sir” = “Thanks For The Liquor”
Those homeless people say, “God bless you, Sir.” What they’re really saying is thanks for the liquor.
- So then you go take your deposit to that bank in heaven and you write GOOD WORKS to the homeless.
- The bank in heaven says, “SORRY, WE DON’T ACCEPT THAT TYPE OF CURRENCY. SORRY!!!”
- Your debt is still there in the account and it’s getting worse.
- You get mad at the bank. You scream and yell.
- You say (quoting Emma Jo), “What’s your problem, man???” Cha Ching. More debt in the bank.
- The more sin adds more debt.
- Now, on the other hand, you finally start reading your Bible and the Holy Spirit lights the way for you.
- The Holy Spirit brings you to John 3:15 and you see this:
 John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
- You notice that Jesus is saying whoever believes on Him will be saved.
- Whoever believes on Him will have eternal life.
- You finally open your eyes and see that the entire Bible is saying FAITH alone will save you from ALL YOUR DEBT!!!
- You take a NEW DEPOSIT to that bank and you write on the first line, “FAITH. I BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST! HE IS MY SAVIOR.”
That heavenly bank takes the deposit and ERASES ALL YOUR DEBT.
- And not just the existing debt but also reminds you that you will no longer have any debt in that bank ever again.
- And heaven rejoices BECAUSE you’ve finally seen the truth and know that Jesus Christ alone is THE SAVIOR.
- Bring FAITH to the bank. Your bank statement says, “YOU ARE JUST AND RIGHTEOUS.”
- He has IMPUTED righteousness to your account. He has COUNTED faith for righteousness.
- “Faith was reckoned OR COUNTED to Abraham for righteousness.”
 Romans 4:10 How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.
- So this verse starts out asking how was faith reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.
- Was it after he was circumcised and did the works of the law? No. It says right there.
- The question is answered right there. It was in uncircumcision. It wasn’t in the deeds of the law.
 Romans 4:11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:
- He had faith BEFORE he was circumcised and righteousness was counted to Abraham BEFORE he was circumcised
- And who is Abraham? HE IS THE FATHER OF ALL THEM THAT BELIEVE!!! That what? BELIEVE!!!
- Circumcision was just a seal of that righteousness he had already received.
- Do you have to do the works of the law like circumcision to be saved?
- The end of the verse says NO. “Though they be no circumcised; righteousness might be imputed to those who believe.”
 Romans 4:12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.
- Anyone who walks in those same steps of faith as FAITHFUL ABRAHAM will be saved.
- When did he have that saving faith? Before he was circumcised. It’s trying to say in every way possible that you are SAVED without the works of the law.
- Hear this next verse as it says it again in every way possible.
The Promise Is Through The Righteousness Of Faith
 Romans 4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
- Notice what this verse says.
- Abraham is the father to all those who believe or have faith on Christ Jesus to save them.
- The promise of eternal life is not to HIS SEED through the LAW but through the righteousness of FAITH.
- So, are Jews or the children of Israel automatically saved because they are Abraham’s seed?
- Or, are they saved when they do the works of the law?
- Has it changed from the Old Testament to the New Testament?
No, it’s ALWAYS been FAITH and always will be FAITH.
- “The promise of eternal life is THROUGH the righteousness of FAITH.” That’s it.
- It’s everywhere. It’s FAITH ALONE.
- So, Abraham’s actual seed are NOT Abraham’s actual children BUT all those who are in FAITH!
- It’s not the physical seed of children but the SPIRITUAL seed of Abraham OR those who BELIEVE on Christ.
 Galatians 3:26-29 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
- Abraham’s seed are all those who believe on Jesus Christ. Do you see this today?
- This is why I love the Book of Romans which I once did not understand.
- Believing on Jesus Christ to save you is the ENTIRE KEY to the ENTIRE BIBLE.
- It’s the KEY that unlocks the entire Bible. Everything begins to make sense.
- Jesus Christ has spiritual seed but has no physical seed as Jesus didn’t have physical children
 Isaiah 53:8-10 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. 9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. 10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
- Jesus Christ’s body was broken and His blood was poured out.
- His soul was sent to hell. Verse 10 says, “HIS SOUL WAS MADE AN OFFERING FOR SIN.”
 Mark 9:49 For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.
- The soul of Jesus Christ is the sacrifice or offering for our sin.
- Do you see that? All sacrifices are burned. That’s why we know the soul of Jesus Christ went to hell.
- We also know this because the Bible says so directly. His soul went to hell.
 Acts 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
- This verse right here says that the soul of Jesus Christ would not be left in hell.
- The soul of Jesus Christ is the burnt offering for all of our sins.
- The Soul, Body, and Spirit of Jesus Christ all went in different directions.
- His soul went to hell, His body went to the grave, and His spirit went to the Father.
 Luke 23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.
- So Jesus gave up the ghost or spirit or His life into the hands of the Father.
- To the Father, the spirit of Jesus returned.
- But to continue, Jesus has seed. It’s all those who believe on Him.
- He is the Father of everlasting or eternal life. We are His seed once we believe on Him!!!
 1 John 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
- We are HIS SEED. Do you see that?
- We are the Sons of God. Jesus is God.
- I want you to see where Psalm 89 talks about Jesus Christ.
 Psalm 89:27-34 Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth. 28 My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him. 29 His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven. 30 If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments; 31 If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments; 32 Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes. 33 Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. 34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
- Do you see where this is again talking about the seed of Jesus Christ?
- Verse 29 says, “HIS SEED ALSO WILL I MAKE TO ENDURE FOREVER!!!”
- Psalm 89 shows us salvation and eternal life.
- It also says, “If his children forsake my law, I will visit their transgression with the rod.”
- He’s saying, “YOU’RE SAVED, BUT I WILL PUNISH YOU.” Do you see that today?
- He’s not going to take your eternal life away but He will punish you.
- He says, “I will not BREAK MY COVENANT!!!” Believe on Jesus Christ and you’re saved.
- That’s the covenant! He will not break the covenant.
God’s Plan Of Salvation Is All Throughout The Bible
You’ll start to see the entire plan of salvation throughout the Old Testament too!
- From Genesis to Revelation, the plan of Salvation is there.
- Jesus became the firstborn of this new creation when He arose from the dead.
- Jesus is in HIS NEW BODY just like we will receive a new body one day at the Rapture.
- He is the firstborn of this NEW CREATION. Jesus isn’t God’s firstborn when He’s born into the world.
- He becomes the “firstborn” or the “begotten Son of God” when He arises from the dead.
 Acts 13:33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.
- He is the Son of God once He is raised from the dead. He is the firstborn from the dead.
- “This day He is risen. This day I have begotten thee!” says God.
- If you remember, we got to this point by talking about the seed of Abraham and the seed of Jesus Christ.
- Let’s go back to Romans Chapter 4 verse 14.
 Romans 4:14-15 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect: 15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.
- If they which are of the law be heirs, FAITH IS MADE VOID. The promise would have no effect.
- The law worketh wrath! Do you see that? If you want to follow the law and the law alone, God’s wrath will be upon you.
- Why? Because no man is good. No man can keep the whole law.
- When you’re of faith, you don’t have to keep the law to make it to heaven!
- If we had to keep the law, we would be sent to hell. Right? Do you see this today?
 Romans 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
- This verse is saying it’s not only to the children of Israel who were given the law BUT also ALL THE SEED of Faith!
- It doesn’t matter who you are and where you came from! All who believe are the seed of Jesus Christ!
- It’s only by faith that anyone will be in heaven.
- You can know when you get to heaven that everyone there made it the SAME WAY.
- Everyone in heaven believed on GOD!
- Abraham’s spiritual seed are the children of FAITH!
 Romans 4:17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.
- Abraham is the father of MANY NATIONS!
- Any person from ANY NATION can believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved.
- God quickens the dead. Just like this, a snap of the finger, you can be made alive.
- The moment you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, you soul is quickened and saved. Just like that.
- In a moment, once you change your mind and believe, you are saved. That’s it.
 Romans 4:18-20 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations; according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be. 19 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sara’s womb: 20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
- Being strong in faith means you’re giving ALL THE GLORY TO GOD.
- You realize that you’re not good.
- Why does our physical body have to die? Because of sin. We are not good.
- Everything that happens to us matches the Bible perfectly because it’s the truth.
- Abraham wasn’t weak in faith. He was strong in faith and gave all the glory to God.
- If you understand you aren’t good, your faith will be stronger. You will thank God!
- If you think you’re working your way to heaven, the glory goes to you!
- And that sure isn’t going to get you to heaven.
 Romans 4:20-22 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; 21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. 22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
- Abraham believed God and what He promised Him.
- He didn’t just believe what He promised, but He believed God was ABLE TO PERFORM IT TOO!
- Because of this, righteousness was imputed to Abraham!
- So today, do you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to save you?
- Do you understand that it’s only Him that can impute this righteousness to you?
God Can Save You From Your Sins
Do you believe that God can save you from your sins?
- Do you believe that He can give you eternal life?
- Do you think He’s capable of doing all this?
- Abraham did. Are you a child of faith? I sure hope so. Because God can and will do what He says.
- Do you see how the Book of Romans is saying that it’s FAITH ALONE in every way possible?
- You cannot miss it once you know the TRUTH!
 Romans 4:23-25 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; 24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; 25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
- This is great to hear isn’t it. It says in verse 24 that this is for us also.
- We shall have righteousness imputed to us ALSO through faith in Jesus Christ OUR LORD.
- Believe on Him and you will be saved.
- Know that God RAISED UP Jesus our Lord from the dead. Believe what He says. I do. I’ll tell you that right now. I believe every single word that this Bible tells me.
- Every jot and tittle in this book right here is the truth.
- Jesus was delivered for OUR OFFENCES.
- And HE WAS RAISED AGAIN for OUR JUSTIFICATION.
- Thank you God for all that you do for us. We are so very grateful for all of it.