The title of the sermon today is “ROMANS CHAPTER 5.”
Verse By Verse Teaching Of Romans Chapter 5
- We’re going to continue verse by verse teaching in the Book of Romans.
- We’ll be covering all of Romans Chapter 5 today.
- Let’s start there in verse 1.
 Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
- This starting verse in Chapter 5 connects us back to what we learned there in Chapter 4.
- We learned that we are justified through FAITH ALONE and not through works AT ALL.
- Romans Chapter 1, 2, and 3 were all leading up to this conclusion in Romans 3:28.
 Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
- And since that conclusion, God is telling us in every way imaginable that salvation is through faith alone.
- Do you remember how we learned that picking and choosing verses in Chapter 2 can create a false works based salvation?
- This happens because people won’t read the entire book of Romans to understand it as a whole.
- They won’t read the chapters, and they won’t even read the verses before and after to understand the context of any given verse.
- Let’s look at an example from Romans Chapter 2 that people don’t understand.
 Romans 2:6-7 Who will render to every man according to his deeds: 7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
- God is saying right here that if you live the perfect life and do all good deeds all the time:
- You will gain eternal life and immortality.
- Be perfect and you will receive eternal life.
- Do good ALL YOUR LIFE with no bad, and you’ll make it on your own. You won’t need a Savior.
 Romans 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
- False preachers and false religions like the Roman Catholics and Mormons will take these verses in Romans Chapter 2 and say, “SEE!!! You must be doers of the law to be saved.”
- And these people and religions are just like the Pharisees.
- I find it very sad that someone would take these verses out of context when the Bible is using these same verses to PROVE those people wrong.
- If you want to be a DOER OF THE LAW, you better be a doer of the law in all aspects all throughout your entire life. You better not mess up either.
- The entire point of those verses in context is “YOU CAN’T KEEP THE WHOLE LAW ALL YOUR LIFE.”
- Why? Because you are a sinner. I am a sinner. We’re all sinners. There is not one who keeps the law.
 Romans 3:10-12 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. 12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
- When you study the Bible, you have to keep reading to understand it completely.
- We can’t just go to the Bible and pick out certain verses.
- False preachers don’t even read the Bible when making their sermons.
- They pick and choose verses and make them say whatever they want.
- They pass their false teaching on to all the others and the others, who don’t read the Bible, believe it.
- So you have to keep reading through Chapter 2 because God is making a point.
- When you get to Romans 3:28, you’ll see the point GOD IS MAKING!!!
- “We conclude that a man is justified by FAITH ALONE!!!”
- No flesh shall be justified by the deeds of the law.
Romans Chapter 3 Concludes That Faith Alone Saves
Once Romans Chapter 3 makes this conclusion that FAITH ALONE SAVES, what do you think Chapter 4 says?
- When you go through Chapter 4 verse by verse, you’ll see that it’s all faith.
- God says it in many different ways in Chapter 4.
- Now, we move to Chapter 5 and Paul uses this introduction based on what we learned in Chapter 4.
- Paul says there in verse 1 of Chapter 5:
 Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
- Because we’re justified by faith, “WE HAVE PEACE WITH GOD THROUGH OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST.”
- What does that mean? “We have peace with God.”
- If you look down to verse 10 of Romans Chapter 5, you’ll see that it says:
- WE WERE ENEMIES OF GOD.
 Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
- In verse 1 we learn that we have peace with God because we are justified by FAITH.
- In other words, if you’re saved by faith right now you have peace with God.
- If you’ve never placed all your trust and confidence in Jesus Christ, you’re an enemy of God.
- The UNSAVED person is an enemy of God.
- False preachers, false churches, false denominations, and false religions are ENEMIES OF GOD.
- Those who are in the flesh (or those counting on their goodness) cannot please GOD!!!
 Romans 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
 Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
- In other words, those who are not saved have NEVER ONCE IN THEIR ENTIRE LIFE trusted in God.
- That’s all it takes. Put all your trust and confidence in God to save you, and you’re saved.
- If you can’t do that for one moment in your life, you’re an enemy of God.
- You don’t want to be an enemy of God.
 James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
- The worldly people make excuses for everyone and everything.
- God isn’t the friend of the world. Do you think He wants us to be friends with the world?
- Oh no. He does not want us to become friends with the world.
- This doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be kind and friendly to unsaved people.
- We should do our best to help those people as much as can in a Godly way.
Help Someone By Helping Them Find Eternal Life
The Godly way of helping someone is through something of ETERNAL SIGNIFICANCE!!!
- Reading the Bible with them OR giving them the Gospel is of eternal significance.
- Feeding a homeless person who won’t work because they just want to be lazy and get drunk all day isn’t helping that person.
- Feeding and helping SAVED people who are poor and are trying is what we should be doing.
- Don’t reward the worldly people who are choosing their FLESHLY DESIRES.
- That’s not helping them understand ANYTHING of eternal significance.
DON’T BECOME THE FRIEND OF GOD’S ENEMY!!!
- You can be kind and loving in GOD’S WAY of loving. Love is following God’s commandments.
- Loving someone is trying to get them saved so they receive the Holy Spirit who will convict that lazy drunkard to get up and go do something for God. That’s love.
- I AM A BORN AGAIN BELIEVER ON JESUS CHRIST. That’s what you need to be saying to yourself.
- Are you going to join up with the LGBTQ movement?
- Are you going to join up with the White Power movement?
- Are you going to join the Pro-Choice movement?
- All of those groups are HATE GROUPS because they don’t follow God’s commandments.
- Following God’s commandments is the definition of love.
- Did you know that you can’t have love for someone if you aren’t a SAVED CHRISTIAN?
 1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
- In other words, you can’t truly love someone unless you know God.
- If you know God, you’re saved. Then, you can truly love others and share God with others.
- If you don’t share the ONE TRUE GOD with others, you don’t love them.
- If your sister or brother has a false religion and you don’t let them know, you don’t love them.
- If you know it will cause an issue or an argument, and you don’t share the ONE TRUE GOD with them:
- Then you don’t love them. You’re loving yourself because you don’t want to cause trouble for YOURSELF.
Spiritually, you don’t love the ENEMIES OF GOD. You don’t join up with them.
- Physically, you give them the Gospel of Jesus Christ and you share the truth with them.
- For example, as a church, we wouldn’t join up and help people in Prisons.
- We wouldn’t join up and help the Pro-Choice movement. We wouldn’t help the LGBTQ movement.
- We wouldn’t join and help Black Lives Matter or White Power groups or Male Power or Female Power groups.
- We aren’t to be fellowshipping with unbelievers and supporting their cause. This is what the Bible says.
- We are to be joining with JESUS CHRIST. We don’t join up with groups that go against Jesus Christ.
 2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
- What’s that mean right there?
- If there’s an unbeliever near you, you shouldn’t be fellowshipping with them.
- And you say, “But I love that unbeliever!!! What do I do?”
- Here’s what you do:
- You NEVER stop giving them the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- You NEVER stop telling them the truth about God Almighty.
- And then you PRAY with all that you have. You FAST with all that you have.
Shed Tears To God For Unbelievers
- You shed tears to God for that unbeliever. Then God will see that you truly love that person.
- Do you remember the story of the evil spirit that couldn’t be cast out by the disciples?
- Many of these unbelievers have those evil spirits that aren’t allowing them to believe on God Almighty.
- The disciples couldn’t cast out that evil spirit. But Jesus could.
- The disciples asked, “Why couldn’t we cast out that evil spirit?” Jesus answers.
 Mark 9:29 And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.
- You pray, you fast, and you cry out to God for that unbeliever that you love.
- And then, maybe that unbeliever will come to repentance and believe on Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
- We don’t make friends with the world. We don’t make friends with the unbelievers.
- Help turn them into a believer, and God says FELLOWSHIP WITH THEM!!!
- If you don’t like that God says you can’t fellowship with certain people, you better get them to believing.
- If you support people who have false gods, I feel bad for you. God’s wrath will be upon you.
 2 Corinthians 6:16-18 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
- “COME OUT FROM AMONG THEM, AND BE YE SEPARATE, SAITH THE LORD!!!”
- Do you see that? That means we don’t join forces with false religions, false churches, false preachers.
- Any time you YOKE UP or JOIN IN with the world, you BECOME THE ENEMY OF GOD.
You Don’t Want To Be On God’s Bad Side
- If you know God at all, you don’t want to be on his bad side.
- Once we’re able to get someone saved through the Holy Spirit, they are no longer God’s enemy.
- They are now AT PEACE WITH GOD just like we learned in Romans 5 verse 1.
- You NOW have peace with God not because you’re a good person but through FAITH alone.
- Let’s continue in Romans Chapter 5 verse 2.
 Romans 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
- By the Lord Jesus Christ we ACCESS God’s grace by faith.
- There’s the Gospel right there. FAITH ALONE SAVES.
- We rejoice in HOPE of the glory of God.
 Romans 5:3-5 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
- I want to focus on the word tribulation in verse 3 right there.
- The Bible ALWAYS defines everything we need to know.
- The Bible is an amazing book that no man could have EVER come up with.
- The Bible is 100% PROOF that no man was behind the words in this book.
- The New Testament quotes the Old Testament over and over again and yet false preachers tell you that we don’t need the Old Testament.
- We have the 4 Gospels that repeat stories and help define each other. We get new details in each story.
- The Book of Revelation repeats the story with more detail.
- The Book of Kings and Chronicles repeats stories and references other books of the Bible.
- God gives us different versions of the same stories and we get more details.
We get the story of the SECOND COMING OF JESUS CHRIST in the Gospels, in Daniel, in Revelation, in Joel, and many other Books of the Bible.
- The disciples ask Jesus directly in the Gospels, “How do we know when you’re coming back?”
- Jesus tells us about TRIBULATION in the Gospels.
- And He even tells us about the GREAT TRIBULATION in Matthew, Mark, and Luke.
- In Matthew the word TRIBULATION is used.
 Matthew 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
- Here’s a great way to study the Bible.
- We see that the word TRIBULATION is used in Matthew.
- Let’s see the same words from Jesus Christ in Mark.
 Mark 13:19 For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.
- Now Jesus uses the word AFFLICTION!
- When the children of Israel were in AFFLICTION when they were in Egypt in the Book of Exodus.
- They were multiplying and becoming a great people and Pharaoh at that time didn’t like that.
- So he brings affliction or tribulation upon the children of Israel.
 Exodus 3:7 And the LORD said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;
- They are being persecuted in Egypt and they have sorrow.
- This is tribulation.
- Let’s look at the first time the word tribulation is used in the New Testament.
 Matthew 13:21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
- Do you know what Jesus is saying right there?
- “FOR WHEN TRIBULATION OR PERSECUTION ARISETH BECAUSE OF THE WORD.”
- He’s saying, “When you take a stand for the word of God, you will suffer persecution!!!”
- Unbelievers will give you tribulation, and they will persecute you.
- This is a saved person in verse 21 but this believer has no root in the word of God.
You Need To Be Rooted In The Word Of God
- This means the tribulation they receive will move them away from God.
- They need a ROOT. They need a Church that teaches the word of God.
- They need to learn the word of God. They need to study it.
- Then, and only then, they won’t be offended. They’ll understand that the world will hate them.
 John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
- What if they want to put you in jail for preaching the Gospel?
- “This is private property. You can’t preach the Gospel at Hi-Point Apartments.”
- What if they put you in jail for coming to church? Would you come to church and go to jail?
- If you had to put your life on the line to preach the Gospel, would you do it?
- If you had to put your life on the line to come to church, would you do it?
- If they were going to throw you in a fiery furnace when you didn’t bow down, would you STAND UP FOR GOD?
- If they told you that you can’t pray to God or get thrown in a den full of lions, would you pray to God?
- WILL YOU STAND UP FOR GOD?
- Are you rooted in the things of God? Or, are you rooted in the things of this world?
- If you’re not rooted in the things of God, it’s time to get rooted.
- It’s time to get into a word of God preaching church every time the doors open!!!
- It’s time that you wake up each morning and you NEED to read the word of God.
- When it’s time to eat a meal, you NEED to read the word of God.
 Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
- Do you NEED the word of God to LIVE your life each day?
- If not, you’re not ROOTED in the word of God.
- Listen, this is very important. YOU NEED TO GET THAT ROOT DOWN.
- Why? Because TRIBULATION will come. Will you let that tribulation separate you from God?
- I hope not. I’ll be right there with you. Will you be right there with me?
- That’s what God is telling you. He will never leave you nor forsake you.
 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; 4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
- You MUST be reading the Bible for a good amount of time each day.
- One hour a day will get you through the Bible FIVE TIMES a year.
- If you gave God 10% of your day to reading HIS WORD, do you know how many times you could read the Bible per year?
- ONCE PER MONTH. 12 times a year you could read the Bible.
- And I guarantee you that will ROOT YOU in the WORD OF GOD!!!
 Matthew 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
- Do you want your house to fall? Do you want your life to be miserable?
- This is for you children too. You can read the Bible on your own.
- You don’t need me or anyone else to read it to you. God gave YOU THE WORD OF GOD too!!!
- Build your house on the rock of Jesus Christ. If not, that house will fall. GUARANTEED it will fall.
- Now we understand what TRIBULATION means. Let’s go back to Romans Chapter 5.
 Romans 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
- Notice what Paul says here. He says, “WE GLORY in tribulations.”
- Bring it on Paul says. I love the Apostle Paul. “BRING IT ON HE SAYS. WE LOVE IT!!!”
- They were BEATEN in the Book of Acts and they rejoiced for that beating.
 Acts 5:40-41 And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go. 41 And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.
- They rejoiced because they suffered shame for the name of Jesus Christ.
- Will you do the same? Or, will you cower down and hide from all the evil trash in this world.
- Will you let the world call you a HATEFUL person because you stand up against LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ movement?
- Or, will you run the other way and let them do whatever they want?
Will You Stand Up For Jesus Christ?
- Will you take a beating for your LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST?
- You know: He’s just the ONE who went and died on the cross to save you from hell.
- Will you stand up for HIM? Will you “be counted worthy to suffer shame for Jesus Christ.”
- Why should you be happy that the world persecutes you?
- Because your reward is in heaven. And it’s an eternal reward. It’s not temporary my friend.
- Watch what Jesus Christ says right here in Matthew Chapter 5.
 Matthew 5:11-12 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
- REJOICE AND BE EXCEEDING GLAD!!! FOR GREAT IS YOUR REWARD IN HEAVEN!!!
- Aren’t you glad to hear the word of God today? I sure am. I love this word of God.
- He’s getting us ready. He’s getting our children ready. That tribulation is coming closer and closer.
- Be ready. Stand up for God Almighty. Don’t back down.
Share the persecution with Jesus Christ.
- For example, if someone makes fun of you because you won’t drink or do drugs that’s a good thing.
- If they laugh at you because you carry your Bible and read it at lunch at work, that’s a good thing.
- If someone makes fun of you because you dress like a lady and not like the trash in this world, that’s a good thing.
- When a man yells at you, “I DON’T NEED JESUS!!! Get out of here,” that’s a good thing.
- When a man tells you to get off his porch because he doesn’t need Jesus, that’s a good thing.
Do you know how I know if I’m doing a good job preaching?
- When worldly people don’t like the sermon, I know I’ve preached right.
- If a fleshly person gets mad, gets angry, and storms out of here, I know I’ve preached right.
- And that’s EXACTLY how the Apostle Paul preached!!!
- Paul said, “COME ON ALL WHO WANT PERSECUTE ME!!!”
- He says, “I GLORY IN THAT PERSECUTION!!!” That’s what we need to be like.
- Who cares if someone makes fun of you? Who cares if someone persecutes you?
- You should be happy because you’re gaining ETERNAL REWARDS in heaven.
- That’s what the Bible says, and THAT’S WHAT THE BIBLE MEANS.
- Why does Paul glory in tribulation?
- He says why right there in verse 3, 4, and 5.
“Tribulation worketh patience.” And then patience brings experience.
- I want to be experienced at winning souls to Jesus Christ.
- Guess what we have to do to get that experience? We have to suffer through persecution.
- We have to suffer through people rejecting us over and over and over again.
- For about every 100 houses we go to, we get rejected about 95 times around here.
- But we learn patience or we quit. I’m not quitting so I will learn patience.
- Through patience comes experience. And through experience comes HOPE.
- And through HOPE we are not ashamed BECAUSE God will PULL THROUGH for those who are suffering for Him. He says, “I WILL COME THROUGH FOR YOU.”
God Will Support You When You Stand Up For Him
God backs up HIS PEOPLE. Understand that today. God will back you up when you stand up for Him.
- 100% WITHOUT A DOUBT God will back you up.
- It’s pretty tough to find someone like that in this world. Most people run away when persecution comes.
- Your so-called friends will run away when you’re being persecuted. “Oh, I don’t know him.”
- Just like Peter when he denied Jesus Christ. He said, “I KNOW NOT THE MAN.”
- But God won’t deny you. NEVER. God is the only one you can count on.
- Notice in Romans 5 verse 5, the end of that verse.
 Romans 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
- “The Holy Ghost is given unto us.” IS GIVEN is past tense. Already happened. Done. Over. End of Story.
- How do you know if you’re saved?
- You receive the indwelling of the Holy Ghost at the moment you believe.
- The Bible tells us that the Spirit itself beareth witness with OUR SPIRIT.
 Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
- Here’s a good way to know if you’re saved:
- Do you hear the words of the Bible and immediately believe what they say?
- Or do you say, “Nah, that’s not right. It doesn’t match what my religion taught me.”
- “That’s not what my preacher says.”
- When you hear John 6:47 when Jesus says, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He who believeth on me HATH everlasting life”
- DO YOU BELIEVE WHAT JESUS SAYS?
- If you think Jesus is lying right there because your preacher says YOU MUST BE BAPTIZED to be saved, then you probably aren’t saved!!! You need to believe what the Bible says.
- You MUST have the Holy Spirit to be saved. You need to listen to that Spirit.
 Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
- If you don’t have the Spirit of Christ, the Holy Spirit, then you aren’t saved.
- Every single SAVED person has the indwelling of the HOLY SPIRIT.
- You don’t get it later. You have it right now or you don’t.
- If you don’t have it, I suggest you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ right now and get it.
- Ask God to give you that Holy Spirit because you believe on Jesus to save you.
- Watch what the Apostle Paul says right here in 2 Corinthians Chapter 13 verse 5.
 2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
- Paul says to EXAMINE YOURSELVES. What’s he mean?
- He means to CHECK YOURSELF. Paul was doubting their salvation.
- These people were opposing the Apostle Paul. They weren’t agreeing with the word of God.
- They were preaching GARBAGE and TRASH and the opposite of what the Bible says.
- When you preach the opposite of what the Bible says, this is “DAMNABLE HERESY” the Bible says!!!
- Paul is saying that maybe since you say you’re representing God but you’re saying the opposite of what God says, then maybe you’re either confused or you’re a reprobate.
- A reprobate means GOD HAS REJECTED YOU.
Why Are You Preaching The Opposite Of The Bible?
Are you preaching the opposite of the Bible because you’re a reject?
- That’s the question I ask all the false preachers and false churches around here.
- EXAMINE YOURSELVES whether ye be in the faith!!! PROVE YOUR OWN SELVES!!!
- When the Bible says once you believe, you have eternal life and a preacher then tells you that you can lose eternal life: That means this is a false preacher and he’s either confused or he’s a reject.
- How do I know this? Because the Bible says so right there!!!
- Are these false preachers HERETICS or confused? Are they creeping in and no one is saying anything?
- If you read your Bible once a month, I guarantee you that you’ll recognize a false preacher immediately.
- When someone tells you that all Bibles say the same thing, you better tell them to check their salvation.
 John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
- In other words, if you have the Holy Ghost, you’ll hear what the Bible says.
- You won’t listen to men and women who teach different than what this Bible says.
- As I read the Bible more and more in my life, I noticed the false preaching immediately.
- I have no loyalty to man. If you preach false doctrine, I’ll tell you about it.
- If you reject the words of the Bible over and over again, you know what I’ll do.
- I’ll do what the Bible says.
 Titus 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
- And that’s what I’ve done in my life, and I’ll do it again.
- If I preach something different than the Bible, come and tell me about it.
- I need to know what I have wrong. I don’t want to get it wrong.
- Look at the King James Bible and stick one of those others next to it like the NIV.
- THEY DON’T SAY OR MEAN THE SAME THING. God doesn’t need to change His words.
- Get a King James Bible and know it’s the word of God. There are no mistakes!
- The other false bibles are watered down trash. EXAMINE YOURSELVES!!!
- I’m not doing it for you. Examine yourself and see if you have the SPIRIT OF GOD.
- We can’t see faith so we don’t know if someone is saved or not. That’s up to you.
- Back to Romans Chapter 5 verse 6.
 Romans 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
- We’re all UNGODLY until we believe on Jesus Christ and get that Holy Spirit.
- None are righteous, NO, not one. We have no strength without Jesus.
 Romans 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
- In other words, this verse is saying that some people might die for someone they see as good.
- They might just do it, but most likely they won’t.
- And that’s setting us up for the next verse.
 Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
- What does the word COMMEND mean?
- Commend does not mean to demonstrate or show.
- God didn’t demonstrate or show HIS LOVE toward us by Jesus dying for us.
- That’s not what this verse means. When you look up the word commend, you won’t find what the other false bibles changed this word to say.
- Different words don’t mean the same thing. The NIV, NASB, ESV and all the others are wrong.
God’s Love For You Cannot Be Matched
“GOD COMMENDETH HIS LOVE TOWARD US!!!”
- God is saying that HIS LOVE is much better than any love we can have.
- That’s why verse 7 is there and saying that most men aren’t going to die for another person even when they see them as good.
- He’s trying to tell us HOW GREAT HIS LOVE is for us. He’s raising HIS LOVE to this very high level.
- HIS LOVE will die for someone that sins against Him all the time.
- In other words, Jesus died for us and we aren’t good people.
- Do you see the difference in His love versus our love?
- Most people won’t die for anyone, and if they do, it must be at least someone they respect.
- I ask the question, “Why would God love me?” I’ve done all of these ignorant and stupid things in my life.
Think about the greatness of God Almighty. Think of how much smarter He is than us.
- But yet, He’s patient with us. He gives us time to turn our lives around for Him.
- Think of something that’s comparable.
- Think of you trying to give the Gospel of Jesus Christ to an animal.
- You know? A dog listens to you. It moves it’s head around like it’s listening.
- But it ain’t quite getting it. Dog, why can’t you understand the Gospel???
- Well, that’s like God talking to me. And He’s been very patient with me. He didn’t give up on me.
- That’s patience. Understand that today. We need to have that same patience.
- He came down to our level and died for us. That’s what commendeth His love toward us means.
 Romans 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
- You need to understand today that you’re saved by the blood of Jesus Christ.
- He died for our sins and we must have faith in HIS BLOOD, IN HIS SACRIFICE.
- Understand that JESUS CHRIST is the sacrifice to forgive you of your sins.
- Some very popular preachers in this world today DENY THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST to be saved.
- A Baptist preacher, John MacArthur, says you don’t need the blood of Jesus.
John MacArthur Says You Don’t Need The Blood Of Jesus
He says, “HIS BLOOD wasn’t important that it was only His death.”
- He has thousands upon thousands of people going to his church.
- Another clue of false preachers is the number of books they write that they can sell.
- They won’t tell you to read the Bible. They want to replace the Bible with their books.
- He’s wrote more than 150 books and has sold more than 1 million copies of his very own STUDY BIBLE.
- Another book of his has sold over 1 million copies and another over 500,000 copies.
- He’s even written children books, which is just great, right? People trusting this false preacher!!!
- Romans 5:8 says you’re justified by HIS BLOOD! The rest of the Bible says the same thing.
 Revelation 1:5-6 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, 6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
- We have to pay attention to what preachers are telling us and stop falling for lies.
- John MacArthur also teaches a works based salvation, which we know is 100% false in ALL WAYS.
- He wrote an entire book saying that you need FAITH AND WORKS to be saved!!! WOW!!!
- The BLOOD OF JESUS saves us!!! Our sins are forgiven through HIS BLOOD. It’s not our works.
- Notice that end of Romans 5:9 says that we’re saved from WRATH through Jesus.
- The culmination of all of God’s wrath is hell. The wrath of God is hell. We’re saved from HELL!!!
 Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
- Once we believe on Jesus we are saved through the sacrifice Jesus made.
- Jesus is the SON OF GOD. We’re reconciled or no longer enemies of God.
- We’re saved by the life of Jesus Christ. Jesus is the FATHER OF EVERLASTING life.
- Jesus grants us everlasting life through HIM.
 Romans 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.
- The atonement is the payment for our sins.
- The Day of Atonement in the Old Testament is discussed in Leviticus.
 Leviticus 23:27 Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD.
- An animal was sacrificed on the Day of Atonement.
- The sins of their congregation were put onto that animal.
- They would kill the animal and the blood would be shed for their sins.
- The blood of an animal can’t forgive the sins of any human.
- This was a picture of the sacrifice to come through Jesus Christ.
- No one has ever been saved by the blood of an animal.
 Hebrews 10:1-4 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. 2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. 3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
- This tells us that the animal sacrifices were just a picture of the things to come.
- Jesus Christ PAID for all of our sins. SAVED PEOPLE have received that atonement.
 Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
- This verse is clearly talking about Adam. He was the first man who sinned.
- Through one man sin entered into this world and death passed upon all men.
- Are we suffering because of one man’s sins? Is this all Adam’s fault?
- Don’t miss the last part of the verse there. “FOR THAT ALL HAVE SINNED.”
- We’re not receiving a penalty of a physical death because of Adam’s sins.
Take Responsibility For The Sins You Commit
We’re born with a sin nature. We’re being punished for the sins we commit.
- It’s not someone else’s fault. We do it. And you know it’s true.
- Do we have to do it? No, we don’t have to sin. But we do. It passed upon us through Adam.
- Death passed upon all men because we all sin.
- Notice the parentheses starting in verse 13 through the end of 17 there in your Bibles.
- Let’s read those verses.
 Romans 5:13-17 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam’s transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. 15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. 16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. 17 For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
- Verse 13 there is taken out of context by so many people because of Reference and Study Bibles.
- We let these study Bibles affect all of our thoughts and views even when they contradict the Bible.
- They’ll say that the people in the Bible between Adam and Moses didn’t need punishment for sin.
- That study Bible says there is no law at that time.
- They will say that those people only went to hell during that time because it was Adam’s fault.
- You know the people during the flood that were wicked? That was all Adam’s fault.
- You’re not suffering for what Adam did. Those people didn’t suffer for what Adam did.
- Study Bibles have all kinds of false doctrine and teaching.
- Who said there was no law between Adam and Moses?
There’s all kinds of laws and commandments from God during that time.
- We have to be careful who we’re listening to when it comes to the Bible.
- God tells us to replenish the earth. Be fruitful and multiply.
- The death penalty is implemented in Genesis 9:6.
- It wasn’t a do whatever you want. God gave them rules to follow.
- What about Cain’s offering that He brought? God didn’t accept it because He didn’t do what He asked.
- God said, “If thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door.”
- People knew what sin was before the law was implemented in the days of Moses.
- Do you think God thought it was okay to steal from Adam to Moses?
- That’s ridiculous. We don’t need someone to write a law to tell us stealing from someone is wrong.
- Do you see that? It’s already built into you. You know what’s right and what’s wrong.
Adam And Eve Were Perfect Before They Sinned
Adam and Eve didn’t have a sin nature built into them like we do.
- And yet, he still sinned.
- It’s ridiculous to say that Adam wouldn’t have sinned if God didn’t give him the rule to sin against.
- Some people think that if they don’t know the laws in the Bible then it doesn’t count when they break them.
- Some people really think that if they stay away from the Bible they won’t sin.
- If they don’t know it’s wrong, they can’t do wrong. “Well, I didn’t know it was wrong.”
The entire Bible tells us that we sin through ignorance.
- IT STILL COUNTS AS A SIN even if you don’t know it’s wrong.
- In other words, you better get to knowing the Bible and what God says is right and wrong.
- He doesn’t accept excuses. FACT: God does not accept excuses. NOT EVEN ONE!!!
- The WORD OF GOD, the rules from God, are eternal! They are everlasting and from the beginning.
- Let’s read verse 13 again.
 Romans 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
- This is a hypothetical verse. It’s saying, “If there was no law, sin would not be imputed because there wouldn’t have been a law.”
- Even simpler would be to say, “If there was no law, there would be no sin.”
- But, was there sin? YES, there has always been sin from Adam to Moses and for all of mankind.
- Why? Because the laws of God have ALWAYS existed.
- They didn’t just come into existence when He gave them to Moses.
 Romans 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
- This verse says if you’ve sinned without the law, you’re going to perish.
- In other words, it doesn’t matter if you don’t know the law.
- You might be ignorant of some of God’s laws. It’s still a sin, and you still pay the penalty.
- So remember, Study Bibles are garbage. Just read the Bible part.
- Let’s go back to Romans 5 verse 14.
 Romans 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam’s transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
- Death reigned even over the people that didn’t commit a sin like Adam.
- Adam is the figure of Him that is to come.
- Who is this figure to come? JESUS CHRIST.
- Let’s keep going in verse 15.
 Romans 5:15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
- The offence or the sin of man is passed on to us. We didn’t earn it. We didn’t work for it.
- It was passed on to us through Adam. Death passed upon ALL MEN the Bible says.
- The FREE GIFT is similar from Jesus Christ. This gift, we don’t work for it.
- It is passed to us by grace through faith in Him. It’s a FREE GIFT.
- The one we get from Adam is no good, but the one we can have passed to us from Jesus is what you want.
The Second Adam = Jesus Christ
Adam is a FIGURE OF JESUS CHRIST but not the one we need. We need the second Adam who is Jesus Christ.
- Do you remember when God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam?
- God opened up Adam’s side and took a rib out of Adam.
- Jesus Christ had his side opened up too when He went to the cross.
- Do you see the picture there? New life came forth from Adam’s rib.
- New life came forth from the sacrifice Jesus made on the cross.
- Watch the similarities in these 2 passages of Scripture.
 Genesis 2:23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
 Ephesians 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
- All believers are members of his body, of his flesh, and his bones.
- Do you see the similarities of Adam and Jesus Christ?
- Eve was taken out of Adam and Adam is to love her and cherish her and her the same.
- Our eternal life is taken out of Jesus and He loves us and cherishes us and we are to do the same.
- There’s a lot of similarities made between Adam and Jesus Christ. I’ll show you one more.
 1 Corinthians 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
- Jesus Christ is the second Adam in the Bible.
- We’ll learn more about this as we continue to study the Bible.
 Romans 5:16-17 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. 17 For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
- One sinned and passed that sin to us THE FIRST ADAM. Gives us death.
- One gives us the gift of eternal life THE SECOND ADAM. Gives us life.
 Romans 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
- Notice this says that the FREE GIFT came upon ALL MEN unto justification of life.
- Calvinism, Presbyterians and some Baptists, teaches that salvation is only for a limited number of people that God has already chosen.
- This means they believe that Jesus only died for SOME PEOPLE and not ALL PEOPLE.
- They say that God chooses who goes to heaven and who goes to hell. You don’t a get a choice.
- They say, “It’s not based on your decision to believe on Him.”
- They say, “God doesn’t give you a chance. He chooses some to heaven and some to hell.”
God Gives You The Choice To Be Saved
Does that sound like the God of this Bible right here? No. It’s a false god that they created.
- They bow down and worship a false god that has no power.
- Why do I say that? Because they teach the exact opposite of what the Bible says.
- “THE FREE GIFT CAME UPON ALL MEN UNTO JUSTIFICATION OF LIFE.”
- What’s that mean? All men have the choice whether or not they will accept this free gift of eternal life.
 Romans 5:19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
- Do you see that it says, “by the obedience of one shall MANY be made righteous.” It doesn’t say ALL!
- In verse 18, we see that the free gift came upon ALL MEN. Jesus died for ALL.
- In verse 19, though, we see that MANY but not ALL will be made righteous.
- The gift comes upon ALL but not ALL receive the gift. Why?
- Because you have to make the decision to change your mind and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
 1 Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
- You must believe on Him to be saved.
- Does God want anyone to be sent to Hell? No. He doesn’t.
- How do we know? The Bible says so.
God Wants All People To Change Their Mind And Believe
 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
- God wants all people to change their mind and believe on Him.
- Churches have brainwashed people so badly (like myself) that I missed how to be saved.
- Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved. There is no other requirement.
- Let’s go back to Romans Chapter 5 verse 20.
 Romans 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
- From Adam to Moses, they were sinning. The offence was already there.
- The law enters and now people understand that they are breaking God’s laws.
- They were always breaking them, but now God spells it all out for them.
- This is so we understand that we’ve broken God’s law!
- With the New Testament now, we should really understand that we are sinners and break His law.
- Jesus tells us that even a bad thought is a sin. Offense ABOUNDS. It increases because of the law.
- We MUST understand we have broken His law so we know we need to be saved from those sins.
- “WHERE SIN ABOUNDED, GRACE DID MUCH MORE ABOUND!”
 Romans 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.
- Some people like to take these last couple of verses and say, “So you can believe on Jesus and then go do whatever you want?”
- These are the false preachers in churches and other so-called “Christians” that repeat that question.
- These are parents who think they know better than God.
- They think that their children MUST stay out of trouble.
- Telling them that they are saved by faith alone will just lead to them getting in more trouble.
- They’ll think they can do whatever they want now. WRONG.
- You know what I say? “YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT’S BETTER FOR YOUR CHILDREN THAN GOD.”
- GOD KNOWS BETTER THAN YOU!!!
- The law is established by faith. When you have faith, you’ll want to do what God says.
If I go out an murdered someone today, I’m still going to heaven. 100% Guaranteed!!!
- His grace increases on me because of this great sin I’ve committed.
- Does God want me to go out and do that? GOD FORBID the Bible says in the very next Chapter of Romans.
- As sin abounds, grace abounds even more for those who are SAVED!!!
- You can’t out sin the grace of God. You’re covered by the blood of Jesus Christ.
- Once you realize that, you’ll give in to God and you’ll stop sinning so much. That’s what changes you.
- Thinking that you’re never saved until some later point, that doesn’t help you be better.
- That just means you don’t have the Spirit of God living within you because you’ve never had faith.
TRUST WHAT HE SAYS. GOD KNOWS BEST.
- You won’t want to live in sin any more. You’ll hate sin. Why?
- Because you have the Spirit of God living within you.
- God promised you eternal life and He knew you would continue to sin.
- He already knows every sin you’ll ever commit.
- This is why HIS GRACE ABOUNDS!!! Or increases. It’s all because you’re a sinner.
- If His grace didn’t abound, we’d be in big trouble. His grace never runs out.
- Thank you God!!!