The title of the sermon today is “ROMANS CHAPTER 6.”
Shall We Continue In Sin So Grace Increases?
- We’re going to continue verse by verse teaching in the Book of Romans.
- We’ll be covering all of Romans Chapter 6 today. Let’s start there in verse 1.
 Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
- What is this talking about when Paul says, “What shall we say then?”
- He’s continuing to talk about the same subject he was just talking about in Chapter 5.
- And to refresh your memory on Romans Chapter 5, here’s
 Romans 5:19-21 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. 20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: 21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.
- Paul is talking about GRACE increasing when SIN increases.
- In other words, the greatest sinner in this world can BE SAVED by God’s grace.
- God’s grace is enough for anyone who chooses to BELIEVE on the LORD JESUS CHRIST.
In Chapter 5, Paul is driving home the point he’s been making in the entire BOOK OF ROMANS:
- His point is this: You are saved by God’s grace through FAITH on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- He’s telling us over and over again in Romans that we aren’t saved BY WORKS in any way.
- There’s only one requirement to be saved, and that’s FAITH ALONE.
Paul is saying that you aren’t going to be SAVED by your obedience to God’s LAWS and COMMANDS.
- That’s the WORKS OF THE LAW and the DEEDS OF THE LAW
- What are those? Those are anything that God tells you to do. That’s HIS LAW.
- And you doing those is YOUR OBEDIENCE to God’s Laws.
- You are not SAVED by your obedience to God’s Laws or to HIS COMMANDMENTS.
- God commands us to be baptized. You aren’t saved by obeying that and getting baptized.
- God commands us to not murder. You aren’t saved by not murdering someone.
- There’s a lot of people who didn’t murder anyone that are in hell right now.
Now, the Bible does say, IF YOU KEEP THE WHOLE LAW, then you will be SAVED.
- But that won’t happen until you die because you have to keep it your entire life: TO THE END.
- You’re righteous PAUL SAYS in this Book of Romans IF YOU KEEP THE WHOLE LAW.
- If you keep the whole law your entire life, you don’t need a SAVIOR. You’re righteous.
- But then we learn in Romans Chapter 3, that there’s NONE RIGHTEOUS. We all sin.
- In other words, you need a SAVIOR. I need a SAVIOR. We all need a SAVIOR.
- No one will GAIN their way into heaven by OBEYING GOD’S LAWS. You won’t obey all of them.
The LAW OF GOD exists of TWO things:
- 1) Things you shouldn’t do and 2) things that you should do.
- THOU SHALT NOT DO and THOU SHALT DO.
- You can obey God by NOT DOING the things He told you NOT to do.
- And you can obey God by DOING the things He told you to do.
- To be saved by those things, YOU MUST DO THEM ALL YOUR LIFE PERFECTLY.
Do You Really Have To Obey God All Your Life To Be Saved?
Some churches and religions are telling people that you have to OBEY all your life to be SAVED.
- And yes, that’s one way to make it to heaven BUT God tells us it’s not possible.
- You can’t make it to heaven by BEING GOOD.
- Some churches and religions are teaching that you MUST change your ways in order to be saved.
- They’ll say: “Well, that guy is still a drunkard so we know he isn’t saved.”
- Or they’ll say: “That man isn’t saved because he’s still doing this or that.”
- Well, that means Noah wasn’t saved. Moses wasn’t saved. Aaron wasn’t saved. Samson wasn’t saved.
- King Saul wasn’t saved. King David wasn’t saved. King Solomon wasn’t saved.
- NONE of the disciples were saved according to these false churches and false religions.
People say: “THERE WILL BE A CHANGE IN THAT PERSON WHEN THEY GET SAVED.”
- If there is no change, then we know they aren’t saved.
- That person doesn’t physically change. You can’t see the change.
- There will be a NEW CREATURE, but the old creature is still there. That’s your flesh.
- Your flesh didn’t die or go away. But you have a new SPIRIT living inside of you forevermore.
- Your SPIRIT was quickened inside of you and made a new CREATURE.
- But you can choose to walk in the FLESH or walk in that NEW SPIRIT even after you’re saved.
- So you don’t know whose saved for sure. Some people continue to walk in the flesh.
Should you walk in the flesh? NO!!! But that doesn’t mean you won’t. You will at times.
- Hopefully, you walk less and less in the flesh but you’ll never get rid of it in this life.
- That means you will sin in this life. Is it okay to sin? No, God hates it. But you will sin.
- It’s not okay to sin, but you’re still saved and going to heaven.
- You MUST choose to die to self each day and walk in the SPIRIT each day.
- It’s not what YOU WANT. You need to choose what God wants. Then, you won’t sin.
- If you choose what YOU WANT, you’ll continue sinning. But, you’re still saved.
If someone changes their mind and BELIEVES on the LORD JESUS CHRIST, they’re saved.
- It doesn’t matter what you think unless you want to call GOD a liar.
- They can walk in the flesh, and you would never know that they’re saved.
- You might not see ANY change in that person.
- If they NEVER read their Bible and NEVER go to church, they aren’t FEEDING that SPIRIT.
- They instead choose to FEED their flesh with TV, MOVIES, VIDEO GAMES, SPORTS, and so on.
- They have chosen to walk in the flesh and not the SPIRIT. You won’t see a change.
- And some religious people will say: “A saved person would NEVER do some of those things!!!”
- And I say: “Oh yeah, you don’t sin? You continue to sin every day too.”
 1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
- If you think you don’t sin, do you think you’re JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF?
- Let me help some of these people out who don’t think they sin any more.
- The truth is right there in that verse in 1 JOHN. Do you see it?
- You aren’t perfect. SAVED people can walk in the flesh and sin. And notice, they’re SAVED.
- It’s already happened. NEW BIRTH. Their flesh is still there. It hasn’t died yet.
But look, there’s a lot of HIGH AND MIGHTY FALSE CHRISTIANS out there today.
- “Look at me! Look how great I am. I don’t sin any more. You need to be more like me.”
- That’s what they say. “Hey Buddy, I’m on a HIGHER LEVEL than you. I am more SPIRITUAL.”
 1 Corinthians 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
- People who think they don’t sin any more simply deceive themselves. Everyone knows they sin.
- I know they sin BECAUSE the Bible tells me they sin.
- You should know I sin BECAUSE the Bible tells you I sin.
- You can fall back into old ways if you aren’t constantly FEEDING YOUR SPIRIT.
- You’ll know the Bible is the TRUTH when everything works the EXACT WAY that it says.
- And it has worked 100% the way it says IN MY VERY OWN LIFE. I know it’s the truth.
- If you stick to feeding your Spirit with the Bible all day long, you’ll sin much less.
- If you get away from the SPIRITUAL THINGS, you’ll sin much more. And that’s the truth.
Starve The Flesh And Feed The Spirit
You need to STARVE OUT THE FLESH. You need to FEED the SPIRIT.
- Now, that doesn’t mean to actually starve yourself of GOOD FOOD.
- That means to starve yourself of worldly things. Get rid of the nasty TV shows. Replace it with the Bible.
- Get rid of nasty music. Replace it with PSALMS AND HYMNS.
- Get rid of bad food out of your life. Replace it with natural and healthy food. Don’t eat too much.
- Get rid of alcohol and replace it with real drinks like water, water with lemon, water with lime.
- Cleanse the things of this world from your body. STARVE OUT THE FLESHLY THINGS.
- Get rid of the video games. Replace it with STUDYING THE BIBLE.
- And that means actually studying the ACTUAL BIBLE. Not one of these fake bible studies.
I HATE FAKE BIBLE STUDIES. “Hey, you want to do a Bible study? Let’s read Kyle Idleman’s latest book!”
- That’s not a Bible Study, and it won’t help you. That’s a worldly man study. That’s not what you want.
- “How can I be like Kyle Idleman?” Hey, NEWS FLASH, you don’t want to be like Kyle Idleman.
- YOU WANT TO BE LIKE JESUS CHRIST. And trust me, they aren’t even close. NO MAN is close to JESUS.
- They might tell you they are and they might encourage everyone to follow them. But they’re wrong.
So, will you EVER be able to die to your fleshly desires 100% and completely walk in the SPIRIT?
- No, you won’t be able to reach that PERFECT state.
- How do I know? BECAUSE the Bible says so. There’s not one who doesn’t sin.
- Why? Because you’re living in your flesh!!! You can get MUCH better, but you won’t be perfect.
- UNTIL you receive that new body in the clouds at the RAPTURE after the GREAT TRIBULATION.
- People who teach that you have already reached a state of SINLESS PERFECTION are liars!!!
- The Apostle Paul says so in this Book of Romans. So don’t fall for that trash.
 Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
- Should we continue to sin so GRACE will be even greater? That’s what Paul is asking here.
- Let me tell you this FACT: If you sin, GRACE will ABOUND. Grace will increase.
- But, SHOULD YOU continue to sin and not even try to get better? Watch what Paul says.
 Romans 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
- Paul says: GOD FORBID. Our SOUL IS NOW DEAD to SIN. Don’t live it any more.
- We shouldn’t sin. He says, “GOD FORBID.” Why would you want to live in sin? It should make you sick.
- And I want to read a few verses here so you can see what Paul means when he reaches the end of verse 6.
 Romans 6:3-6 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
- We SHOULD BE dead to sin. We SHOULD NOT serve sin. Our soul is now protected from sin.
- But our flesh is not protected from sin. BUT we SHOULD CHOOSE to not sin.
- Does Paul or the Bible ever say that WE WILL NOT SIN? No, it sure doesn’t. It says: we shouldn’t sin.
- Understand the difference between SHOULD and MUST.
 Acts 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
- What MUST I do to be saved?
- “BELIEVE on the LORD JESUS CHRIST.”
 Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
- What shall we do? What SHOULD we do?
- You should be baptized. You should stop sinning. You should OBEY GOD.
- They don’t ask right there in that verse: “WHAT MUST WE DO TO BE SAVED?”
- They ask Peter, “What should we do now that we’ve heard your preaching?”
You Don’t Have To Be Baptized To Go To Heaven
The Bible never says you MUST be baptized to be saved. NEVER says that once.
- Should you be BAPTIZED? YES, you should. That’s an act of OBEDIENCE.
- That’s following God’s commands to you. That’s OBEYING God.
- But we know that we aren’t saved by OBEYING God’s laws UNLESS we do them all 100% of the time.
- In the same chapter of Acts just a few verses before, the Bible says this:
 Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
- When you call on the name of the LORD, you’re saved.
- And you can’t call on HIM without first believing on HIM. The Book of Romans says so.
- You SHOULD choose to live for God. But MUST you to be saved? You get to choose your path.
- And the Bible is telling you what path you SHOULD choose.
 Romans 6:3-4 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
- The actual act of a physical Baptism is a PICTURE of many different things.
- That physical act of being baptized doesn’t save you.
- You should already BE SAVED before you’re baptized.
- But that physical act is a PICTURE of SALVATION. It’s a picture of being saved.
- Paul is using the PICTURE OF BAPTISM to tell us why we should choose to walk in the SPIRIT.
Being on the ark in the flood wasn’t ACTUALLY saving those people from hell.
- Anyone on the ark could have went to hell if they hadn’t yet BELIEVED ON GOD.
- NOAH was saved eternally. That’s clear BECAUSE He believed God.
- The 7 others? We don’t really know if they’re in heaven right now. But their flesh was saved in the flood.
- Was their soul saved from hell? I’m not sure. Some of their actions AFTERWARDS might make us wonder.
- But again, they may have been saved and chose to walk in the flesh. Noah sure did when he got drunk.
The ark wasn’t punching your ticket into heaven, but it is a PICTURE OF SALVATION.
- The Bible says that it’s a LIKE FIGURE and Baptism is also a like figure.
- But it doesn’t have THE SAVING POWER. The physical act of BAPTISM doesn’t save you.
- God’s using those pictures or like figures to explain salvation but we need to know the difference.
- Know the different between a PICTURE of salvation and actual SALVATION.
Baptism Is A Picture Of Salvation
It’s very easy to prove that BAPTISM is a picture of salvation.
- It goes like this. Verse 4 right there says: “Therefore we are BURIED with him by baptism into death.”
- Are you actually buried like Jesus was when you’re baptized?
- Do you actually die when you go into the water like Jesus actually died?
- Are you actually raised from the dead when you come up out of the water?
- No, these are PICTURES of the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- When you’re baptized, you’re saying: “Hey, I want to do what God commands me to do.”
- “I want to obey God and be baptized because Jesus commanded me to be baptized.”
Jesus was baptized so I should be baptized. Jesus obeyed God so I should OBEY Him too.
- If baptism saves you, why was Jesus baptized? Did He need to be saved?
- In other words, it’s absolutely ridiculous to say that baptism saves you.
- That’s made up by man. WORKS do not save you IN ANY WAY.
- You can get baptized every day of your life and NEVER believe on the LORD JESUS CHRIST.
- When you think some work that YOU’RE doing is saving you, you haven’t put your trust on Jesus to save.
- You’re putting your trust on some physical act of doing something.
When you’re baptized, you’re OBEYING God but you’re also saying YOU UNDERSTAND and BELIEVE in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- But that’s not all it is EITHER. It’s also a picture of YOU burying your old self.
- It’s you saying, “I don’t want to be this OLD SELF any more.” And you take action to be baptized.
- You’re getting rid of your old self. But we’re supposed to die to SELF every single day.
- WALK IN NEWNESS of life verse 4 says. Let’s keep going in verse 5.
 Romans 6:5-7 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
- We SHOUD not serve sin. So understand what you’re saying when you get baptized.
- First, you’re saying I’M ALREADY SAVED. Understand that. You’re already saved.
- You understand that BAPTISM doesn’t save you.
- What you are saying is: “This OLD person is DEAD!!! I want this old self DEAD.”
- “I don’t want to be that person any more. I want to rise out of that water a NEW PERSON.”
- “I want to come out of that water a person who died to my OLD SELF.”
- You’re saying: “Hey, I want to talk in this NEW PERSON with this NEW SPIRIT.”
- “I’m saved, and I thank God for what He’s done for me. I want to do what He wants.”
- “I want to be like Jesus Christ. I want to walk WITH HIM each and every day.”
Baptism Is Very Important But It Doesn’t Save You
Is BAPTISM important? Oh yes, it’s very important for people to get baptized once they’re saved.
- If you don’t get baptized, you’re saying I’m saved and I want to just keep doing what I’m doing.
- I don’t want to lose my old self. I want to hang onto my old self as long as I can.
- That’s not good. You will not live for Jesus because you won’t give up YOUR DESIRES.
- Baptism is a VERY IMPORTANT step and that’s why it’s the FIRST THING you should do after you’re saved.
 Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
- When you get BAPTIZED, you’re saying “I HAVE GLADLY RECEIVED JESUS CHRIST AS MY SAVIOR.”
- “And I’m going to tell everyone I know about Jesus Christ MY SAVIOR.”
- You’re saying: “I’ve received eternal life BUT I’m not done yet. I want to live for God.”
- “I’ve died with Christ.I’ve been resurrected with Christ. I want the old man gone. I want the NEW LIFE.”
- I WANT TO LIVE THE NEW LIFE IN JESUS CHRIST. I don’t want to wait until I get to heaven.
- I will live it right now, and I’ll do what God asks me to do. That’s BAPTISM.
- And that’s what people need to understand when they get baptized.
 Galatians 2:19-21 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. 20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
- Don’t FRUSTRATE the grace of God by thinking you can save yourself through BAPTISM or anything else.
- Baptism is a work. Changing your mind and believing isn’t work. Baptism takes work to get it done.
- You have to go find water. You have to get into the water. You have to go under the water.
- You have to come up out of the water. It’s a commandment. It takes work. It doesn’t SAVE YOU.
- Just like it says right there: “I LIVE BY THE FAITH OF THE SON OF GOD WHO LOVED ME.”
- You receive eternal life by grace through FAITH. And don’t add anything else to that.
Because God’s grace is powerful and faith in HIS SACRIFICE is what saves you. Nothing of yourself.
- God purchased the gift for you. All you have to do is take the FREE GIFT.
- When you see, “I’M CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST” in verse 20 on the screen, this means you’re giving up your old self for Jesus.
- You’re saying you want Jesus Christ to live through you. You’re giving up what you want.
- If you haven’t been saved TODAY, I want you to see this verse on the screen right here and believe it.
- This is JESUS, GOD HIMSELF, speaking right here.
 John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
- Don’t listen to what ANYONE else has ever told you.
- See the words of Jesus and simply believe what HE says.
- BELIEVE ON HIM alone to save you and He says you HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE.
- You’re PASSED from death unto life.
- Even the corrupted bible versions like the NASB, NIV, and ESV couldn’t change the meaning.
You’re Passed From Death Unto Life
You’ve PASSED from death unto life and YOU can’t change that. It’s over. It’s done. It’s a great thing.
- The best day of your life is the DAY YOU GET SAVED. I guarantee you that.
- So, if you haven’t been saved, make today the best day of your life. And then get baptized TODAY.
- And it’s won’t JUST be a good day for you. Who else is it a good day for?
 Luke 15:7-10 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance. 8 Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it? 9 And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost. 10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.
- It’s a good day for you. But it’s a good day for God. It’s a good day for HEAVEN. It’s a good day for me.
- And it’s a good day for all of us here right now. “I HAVE FOUND THE PIECE WHICH I HAD LOST.”
- Now, what do you have once you’re saved? You got the old person and the new person.
- Which one are you going to be now? Are you going to be worldly or GODLY?
- If you choose to watch TV, that’s worldly. If you choose to read the Bible, that’s Godly.
- If you choose to watch Football on Saturday, that’s worldly.
- If you choose to go Soul Winning on Saturday, that’s Godly. Hey, I’ve been there.
- It’s a gradual change that takes place over time. It’s decision by decision each and every day.
- It’s all the small decisions you make to WALK IN THE SPIRIT and not the flesh.
- It takes time to see a HUGE CHANGE, but it happens gradually as you make each decision each day.
Your friends and family might say this to you: “Hey, where’s the old Josh? What happened to him?”
- Hey, I don’t like this new Josh. He’s not very much fun any more.
- He won’t even have a drink of alcohol with us. He won’t even listen to our dirty mouth any more.
- Where is the old JOSH that loves to have fun? We don’t like the new Josh. Where’s the old one?
- You know where the old Josh is? HE’S DEAD. He’s not here any more. He’s been buried.
- But sometimes he tries to stick a foot up trying to get out. Sometimes his head. comes up out of the dirt.
- An arm pokes through. And what do I do? I kick some more dirt on him and bury him down some more.
- That’s what you have to do with your old self. It’s still there, but you have to bury it.
Will You Stand Up For God Now?
There’s a point where you have to STAND UP and say: “Hey God, I want to give everything to you.”
- And I don’t want this stuff any more. I don’t want to be who I used to be.
- God, I’m sorry for all that stuff. Help me to be a new man. Help me to do what you need me to do.
- GOD, I WANT TO BE PERFECT IN YOUR EYES.
 Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
- Understand, you’ll never be perfect but God knows if you’re trying.
- He wants you to try to be perfect, but He understands you won’t be.
- But do your best and HATE sin. Once you hate it, you won’t do it. If you love it, you’ll do it.
- Tell yourself it’s nasty, it’s vile, it’s sickening.
- Even what you think is the smallest sin, you need to understand GOD HATES IT.
- And you should be like HIM and hate it too.
 Psalm 97:10 Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.
- If you love God, you’ll HATE evil. You’ll hate sin. Then, you’ll stop doing those sins that you hate.
- Stand up and say: “God, I will do whatever you need me to do.” This is dying to yourself.
- In everything that you do, you have to say: “God, what do you want?”
- God, how do you want me to look? God, what do you want me to wear?
- God, what do you want me to say? God, where do you want me to go?
- God, who do you want me to be around? God, what do YOU want me to eat?
- What do you want me to be, GOD?!?!?
- God, you’re running this now. Not me. I’m giving it all up to you. Take control God.
- The Holy Spirit is now living inside of you. Your body is NOW the Temple of God.
- The Holy Spirit is a person. God is living inside of you. Understand that today. It’s HIS temple.
 1 Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
- If you go against God, He will punish you. Don’t defile HIS TEMPLE. He lives here inside of you now.
- Do you remember when Jesus got angry when the people were DEFILING HIS TEMPLE?
- Notice right there in 1 Corinthians 3:16 that it says: YOU ARE THE TEMPLE OF GOD.
 Matthew 21:12-13 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves, 13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.
- God gets ANGRY when you defile HIS TEMPLE.
- Jesus says, MY HOUSE shall be called the HOUSE OF PRAYER. Don’t make it a den of thieves.
- He’ll overthrow you. Understand that today. Do what God asks BECAUSE of what He’s done for you.
- God made you a brand NEW creation so understand what He did for you.
- Decide TODAY to let that OLD person die. One day you’re going to die anyway. Give it up now.
- That old person doesn’t last very long on this earth anyway. So give that person up.
- Take the NEW PERSON and head straight towards God.
Why Do You Need To Hang Onto That Old Person?
That’s what GOD is telling us in Romans Chapter 6. Why hang onto the old person for a few years?
- You can go ahead and become that new creation today. EMBRACE IT TODAY. Give up the old.
- It will be the best thing you’ve ever done. When you get to heaven, you’ll do what God wants.
- Might as well get started right now.
 Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
- That right there tells us that what He’s asking from you is reasonable.
- Heaven is the greatest place to live. There is no better place. Why is that?
- Is it because it’s the most beautiful place you’ve ever seen?
- Is it the amazing new creatures like the cherubim’s and seraphim’s that you can’t wait to meet?
- Is it because you’ll get to meet Ruth, Esther, Samson, Joshua, Gideon, Joseph, Moses, Aaron, Job, the Sons of Thunder, Matthew, Luke, Peter, Paul, Timothy, Jude, the Samaritan Woman at the well, King Hezekiah, Solomon, Eli, Samuel, Jeremiah, Elijah, Elisha, John the Baptist?
- But why is heaven a great place to live? Is it going to be because the food is so great?
- Is it going to be because the best drinks you’ve ever tasted are in heaven?
- No, that’s all going to be amazing BUT the best part is there will be NO SIN in heaven.
- GOD IS THERE. And that’s who I can’t wait to meet.
But the whole point is understand that heaven is such a great place BECAUSE there is no sin.
- So why not have just a little piece of that here on Earth in your own life.
- Get rid of as much sin from your life as you can. PREPARE FOR HEAVEN RIGHT NOW!!!
- Let all of that other stuff go. You don’t need all of that worldly trash. Don’t make everything about YOU.
- Don’t listen to the DISNEY MOVIES and the TV that tells you IT’S ALL ABOUT YOU. No, it’s not.
- I want to go back to Romans Chapter 6 verse 8.
 Romans 6:8-10 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: 9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. 10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
- Being baptized is a PICTURE of dying to YOURSELF.
- You should be baptized as the first step to dying with CHRIST.
- You raise up out of that water UNDERSTANDING it’s a picture of the resurrection.
- Once you’re SAVED, you’ll NEVER die again. So what are you afraid of?
- Are you afraid of losing something here on this Earth? Are you afraid of losing some money? A car?
- A job? A home? Clothes? Your peace in your life? Your beautiful shoes? What are you afraid of losing?
GIVE IT ALL UP AND GIVE YOUR LIFE TO CHRIST. That’s what Baptism pictures.
- Why do you think Jesus commands us to be baptized? He wants you to understand what it means.
- If you aren’t willing to be baptized, you probably aren’t going to love a life for Jesus.
- It’s the first step after being saved. If you can’t take that step, you probably won’t live for Jesus.
- CRUCIFY YOUR OLD SELF. Being baptized is a VERY IMPORTANT step.
 Romans 6:11-12 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. 12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
- That SCRIPTURE right there is HUGE. “Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body.”
- Do you see that? Why would GOD say that if it couldn’t happen?
- If you couldn’t sin any more in your mortal body, why would HE SAY THAT?
Does Your Church Teach That They Don’t Sin Any More?
Seventh Day Adventists don’t think they sin any more. Why would GOD tell us this?
- DON’T LET SIN REIGN IN YOUR MORTAL BODY. He says this because it can happen.
- It can happen to SAVED people. Many other religions say they don’t sin any more.
- The Bible NEVER you won’t sin any more. You get to make a choice on whether or not you sin.
 Romans 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
- God is commanding us not to sin. He knows you’re going to mess up BUT He wants you trying your best.
- He’s saying: Turn yourself over to me and WATCH WHAT I CAN DO FOR YOU.
- Yield yourself to me, and watch what happens. Hey, try it I beg you today.
- Try spending as much time as you can on God, and watch what happens. PUT HIM FIRST and watch.
 Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
- Once you’re saved, your UNDER GOD’S GRACE. You need to realize that, though.
- You can choose to continue being your old self. GRACE WILL INCREASE THE BIBLE SAYS.
- But why do you want to do that? God’s grace is never ending, but don’t make it increase on purpose.
- Realize that SIN DOESN’T RULE OVER YOU.
- Faith in God, knowing that HE’S THERE. Truly believing is what leads to you following HIS LAWS.
Some religions take that verse right there and say: “SEE, WE CAN DO WHATEVER WE WANT.”
- Well, you can do whatever you want once you’re saved because God’s GRACE will increase.
- But is that what you should do? Do you want have a miserable life here? Why? I sure don’t.
- I want to make God happy. That’s what you should want. He gave you life and eternal life.
- But let’s continue so you see this. Don’t just pick and choose verse 14 and ignore the entire chapter.
 Romans 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
- He’s saying you don’t have a license to sin. You don’t have a FREE PASS to do whatever you want.
- God’s watching it all, and you don’t and won’t get by with ANYTHING. God forbid HE SAYS.
 Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
- This verse is saying: WHOSE GOING TO BE YOUR MASTER?
- Are you going to be a SERVANT to SIN or a SERVANT to GOD?
- Sin leads to death. There’s nothing good about sin. You might think you like it, but you won’t any more.
- Your sin will GRIEVE the Holy Spirit. You don’t want to feel like that. It doesn’t feel good.
- Instead, OBEY GOD unto righteousness. CHOOSE TODAY. Who will you serve?
- If you choose NOT TO SERVE GOD, who are you serving? SATAN. There is no other option.
- Understand that today. When you sin, you aren’t choosing God. You know the one who gave you LIFE?
- You’re choosing to go against HIM. Don’t do that.
Fear The Lord And Serve The Lord
So today, envision yourself in the Book of Joshua.
- Joshua gathered all the tribes of Israel and he calls for the elders, the heads, the judges, the officers.
- They stand there before Joshua. He tells them what GOD did for their fathers and for their families.
- He took them out of Egypt. He parted the Red Sea. He brought them into the promised land.
- He fought for them. He gave them the promised land.
- He told them to FEAR THE LORD and to serve the Lord. And then He says this in verse 15 of Chapter 24.
- And imagine that you’re standing in front of Joshua from the Bible right now. Not me. Joshua in the Bible.
 Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
- Joshua says: “HEY, CHOOSE THIS DAY (not another day) THIS DAY WHOM YE WILL SERVE.”
- God wants to know right now. WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU ON?
- Joshua chooses. He says: “You can choose you want BUT AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSE, We might serve the Lord.”
- Is that what Joshua says. No. He says, “WE WILL SERVE THE LORD.”
- He doesn’t say, “Well, I’ll think about it. I might choose God. I need some time to think.”
- Oh no, not Joshua. He’s seen enough to know. GOD ALMIGHTY IS THERE, AND I’LL DO WHAT HE SAYS.
- God gives you the choice. He doesn’t make you do it. Sin makes you a slave. God wants to set you free.
- Give it up to Him and you’ll see the FREEDOM you’ll have. What He tells you to do is BEST for you.
For example, you can be a slave to sin. Addictions to alcohol and drugs are great sins.
- Those things are killing your body. You’re a slave to sin.
- I don’t have an addiction to drugs or alcohol. Those things don’t rule over me. I don’t need them.
- That’s freedom. Don’t let something that isn’t even real RULE over you.
- For example, sports aren’t alive. It’s a game. It’s not alive. Don’t let sports rule over you.
Do Children Activities Rule Over Your Life?
Don’t let children’s activities rule over your life.
- “Well, we can’t come to church because our daughter has gymnastics and it’s very important.”
- “Or, we can’t go Soul Winning on Saturday because our son has a basketball game.”
- Hey, if that’s true THOSE THINGS are ruling over your life. And they’re nothing. They aren’t important.
- “HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT MY CHILD IS NOT IMPORTANT!!!” Oh, that’s not what I said.
- The SOUL of your child is of UTMOST IMPORTANCE.
- But gymnastics and basketball do NOTHING for their soul. Give it all up for JESUS. He gave it all for you.
Spend all your money on things that are just DUMB.
- Alcohol kills you, and people spend all their money on it. Same thing with drugs.
- “But if helps me feel good. I love it. I’ll never give it up.”
- It’s just like taking a stack of money and burning it when you buy alcohol, drugs, cigarettes.
- It would be better if you actually took the money and burned it than actually using the drugs.
- Would that be dumb? To just burn a stack of money that you worked hard for?
- Well, it’s much DUMBER to take that money and spend on things that MAKE YOU A SLAVE.
- Do you want to be a slave to sin? GOD’s trying to set you free from all of that.
- Don’t weep over that stuff. Give it all up. Give up the nasty fast food that you think you love.
- Try giving something to God. Give it all away. You don’t need any of that trash.
- “Well, I can’t do without my French fries. I can’t do without my TACO BELL. I love it too much.”
- Do you hear what you’re saying? Hey, I can do without it. I can do without fast food.
- I’m doing just fine. It makes me sick to even look at fast food any more. I want REAL FOOD.
People say: “I need to stop eating fast food. I need to stop doing this. I need to stop drinking.”
- “I need to lose weight. I need to stop smoking. I need to stop this. I need to stop that.”
- Okay, why are you telling me? Why don’t you do it. “Well, I can’t.” Why not?
- Have you become a slave to some MASTER that doesn’t even breathe?
- You’re a slave to FRENCH FRIES? You’re a slave to alcohol that it’s just plain nasty?
- It’s a thing. Let me tell you something. I’ll be a SLAVE TO GOD ALMIGHTY who gives BREATH.
Are You A Slave To Dead Things Like Sports?
I won’t be a slave to something that’s not even living. But that’s what people do.
- NOTHING IS TOO POWERFUL FOR YOU TO GIVE UP IN THIS WORLD TODAY.
- What you need to learn is how to HATE SIN. Once you hate it, you’ll stop doing it.
- And if you mess up, you HATE it even more. Hey, it works. When you have the HOLY SPIRIT, it works.
- In order to stop sin, you have to SPIRITUALLY conquer that sin. YOU HAVE TO HATE THAT SIN.
- You can only HATE IT through the SPIRIT because your flesh will love it.
- That’s why God says it’s a SPIRITUAL BATTLE. In order to win, it MUST be done through the SPIRIT.
- In other words, if you’re dead to sin, you won’t want to do those sins. You’ll hate them.
 Romans 6:17-18 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
- Paul is talking to the ROMANS right here in this BOOK, in this CHAPTER.
- He’s talking to people who have died to sin. They crucified their own body and are OBEYING God.
- “You were the servants of sin, but now you’ve obeyed.” He’s not talking to every SAVED person.
- He’s talking to the people who have OBEYED HIM.
- When you’re saved, you’ve received the POWER that you need to OBEY GOD.
- But some people won’t use that power. It’s there. You have to choose to use that POWER God gave you.
When you do use it, then you are MADE FREE FROM SIN.
- Then you become a servant of righteousness. In order to stop being a slave to sin, you MUST OBEY GOD.
- So, you can be saved and choose to be a slave to sin. That’s a sad thing.
- You have the power, but you choose not to use it.
- You choose to be a slave to things that don’t even breathe.
- Make up your mind RIGHT NOW to change that.
 Romans 6:19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
- He’s telling us again in every way possible. You were a slave to sin.
- Choose NOW to yield yourself to God. Be a servant of God not a servant of sin.
 Romans 6:20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
- When you serve sin, you’re free from righteousness.
- Being free from righteousness is not a good thing.
- Without the righteousness of Jesus Christ in your life, you’ll be miserable.
- You’ll seek all the things in this world to make you happy, and you’ll figure out when you’re about to die that you wasted your entire life trying to gain things that rust, burn up, and get stolen.
- You don’t want a miserable life. King Solomon had more than anyone on this earth can even dream about.
- And he said it was all worthless. He learned the truth. He already had everything. It means nothing.
God Punishes His People
Some so-called Christians and especially PASTORS around here don’t believe that GOD PUNISHES people.
- If you want to go up against God, He will punish you.
- Once you’re saved, you’re HIS CHILD. He punishes just like He teaches us to punish our children.
- Pastors, who should be reading their Bible, can’t see THE TRUE NATURE OF GOD. It’s on every page.
- “Well, that’s the God of the Old Testament.” That’s what they say. That’s HERESY right there.
- There is no different God in the Old Testament than there is in the New Testament.
- And just to show you, let’s read something in the Book of Acts: THE NEW TESTAMENT.
 Acts 5:1-6 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, 2 And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles’ feet. 3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? 4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God. 5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things. 6 And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.
- And you might say: “Well, you’re just trying to scare me into doing what God says.”
- And I say: “No, it’s not me my friend. It’s God. I didn’t write the Bible. God wrote it.”
- Then the wife of Ananias comes into the picture.
 Acts 5:7-10 And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in. 8 And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much. 9 Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out. 10 Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.
- Don’t tempt the HOLY SPIRIT. Don’t lie to God.
- Do you know that Ananias and Sapphira didn’t have to give all of that money?
- But they come in and say, “Hey, look, I gave everything I had.”
- They got up and pretended to be something they weren’t. They pretended to give it all when they didn’t.
- Don’t lie to God. That’s wickedness. Don’t lie to other people. That’s vile and wicked.
- I think Ananias and Sapphira were SAVED people. And I think God gave them the greatest punishment.
- He took them out of this life because of their lies. If they were saved, they’re in heaven right now.
 Romans 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
- “FOR IF YE LIVE AFTER THE FLESH, YE SHALL DIE.” Do you think that’s a maybe right there?
- In other words, God can and will take you out of this life.
- He can make your life a LIVING hell right here on this Earth.
- You tempt Him too much, He’ll take you right out of this life. He does what He says.
Oh, So You Don’t Want To Fear God?
YOU NEED THE FEAR OF GOD. People don’t want to hear that any more.
- Instead they say: “Well, I know it’s wrong BUT I’ll do it anyway.”
- That’s someone who has no fear of God. That’s someone whose missing out on a lot of good things.
- That’s someone who might just end up dead by the HAND OF GOD.
- King Saul was saved and ignored God’s laws and didn’t obey HIM.
- He knew the LAW OF MOSES said that he shouldn’t personally offer up a sacrifice to God.
- But he did it anyway. He kept on messing with God. He kept on going against God.
- He even goes to see a witch. The Bible says a witch shall be put to death. You don’t seek a witch for help.
- King Saul knew all of those things. He was a hypocrite.
- He had even set up orders against those same witches. So he kept on going against God.
 1 Chronicles 10:13-14 So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to inquire of it; 14 And inquired not of the LORD: therefore he slew him, and turned the kingdom unto David the son of Jesse.
- What’s that say right there? BECAUSE pastors around here seem to not see any words in the Bible.
- It says, “GOD SLEW HIM. Saul died for HIS TRANSGRESSION. For his sin against God.”
- Same thing with Ananias and Sapphira.
- And he was one who God chose as KING. God especially gets angry with the people representing HIM.
- If you want to call yourself a Christian, you better live it.
- And I’m not talking about this FAKE Christian living. I’m not talking about FAKE Bible studies.
- I’m telling this stuff to put the fear of God into you. Why? Because we need it.
 Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
- Do you want to understand more things? I sure do.
- I’ll take all the wisdom and knowledge God wants to give me. I pray for it. I ask God for it.
- God, please give us wisdom and knowledge so we can do what you need us to do.
- Why do you need to fear the Lord? Because it turns out best for you.
 Psalm 145:19 He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.
- All these so-called churches around here won’t even tell people the truth.
- They won’t even tell them that GOD WILL PUNISH THEM for disobeying.
- They’ve created some false god that isn’t close to the ONE TRUE GOD.
 Hebrews 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
- God says, “You want to be bad. You want to do wrong. You want to do evil. Okay.”
- I’ll pay you back God says. You don’t want none of that.
- Here’s one of my favorite verses in the Bible because of the first 3 words.
 Jeremiah 6:19 Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not hearkened unto my words, nor to my law, but rejected it.
- “HEAR, O EARTH.” Do you think He’s talking to you? Are you on this earth?
- He says, “I will bring evil upon this people, even the fruit of THEIR thoughts.”
- Why in the world would God do that?
- It gives us the answer: “BECAUSE you have not hearkened unto MY WORDS NOR TO MY LAW.”
- You’ve rejected me God says. When you won’t do what He asks, you’re rejecting HIS WAY as the best way.
- Do you think you can do whatever you want? Hear this today.
 Hebrews 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
- THE LIVING GOD. He’s living. And He’s alive forevermore. You won’t escape HIS WRATH.
- You need to make a DECISION RIGHT NOW. You need to fear God right now.
- You don’t need to wait. FEAR HIM RIGHT NOW. Give all that trash up.
- Let’s finish up Romans Chapter 6.
 Romans 6:21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
- Listen, once you get away from sin, you understand that NOTHING good came from those things.
- I HATE the things that I’ve done in the past. It’s sickening to me now. I don’t even believe I did it.
- But I did. And it was vile, nasty, wicked, sickness. But I thank God for being patient with me.
- I’m ashamed of all those things. God could have killed me off, and I think He would have if I kept on.
- BUT HE WOKE ME UP. And now I’m right here. And I fear Him. I’ll tell you that.
 Hosea 8:7 For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind: it hath no stalk: the bud shall yield no meal: if so be it yield, the strangers shall swallow it up.
- God says, “FOR THEY HAVE SOWN THE WIND.”
- And guess what they’re going to get back? THEY SHALL REAP THE WHIRLWIND.
- And Buddy let me tell you this. You don’t want to see the whirlwind of God Almighty HIMSELF.
- I don’t want ANY part of that. And you don’t either. So let’s do what He says.
 Romans 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
- When you’re saved, you’re saved. You have everlasting life.
- But there’s 2 Paths once you’re saved: you can 1) do what you want OR 2) do what God wants.
- When you’re saved and you choose to OBEY God, you’ll produce fruit UNTO holiness.
- And you will build those rewards in heaven. Be free from sin, serve God, produce fruit.
- You should know this last verse of Chapter 6 very well.
 Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- This verse tells us why everyone has to die.
- Preachers give sermons and they say: “I don’t know why we have to die.”
- They’re putting this seed into people that says, “God really isn’t fair because we have to die.”
- The answer to why we die is right there.
- THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH. This means ALL MUST DIE because we all sin.
- BUT, the gift of God is ETERNAL LIFE through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Will You Take The Free Gift Of Everlasting Life?
Today, He wants you to have a GIFT. It’s a FREE GIFT.
- And that gift is the greatest gift you could ever imagine. 100 lotteries isn’t even close to this gift.
- Lottery winnings just lead to fleshly trash and more sin. Never fails.
- God paid for the GIFT. It wasn’t free to HIM. He paid for the gift. You didn’t.
- You aren’t working for a gift. You aren’t gaining that gift. It’s free to you.
- He says, change your mind, and BELIEVE ON ME to save you AND YOU’RE SAVED for ETERNITY.
- When are you saved? At the moment you believe.
 John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
- Jesus didn’t say: “He that believeth on me HATH everlasting life AFTER you die.”
- No, He says you have it once you believe on HIM.
 1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
- Once you believe, you’re BORN AGAIN a new creation.
- And that new seed cannot be corrupted. It’s separate from your flesh.
- That new seed is INCORRUPTIBLE because it’s Jesus Christ.
- He never sinned. He never did anything wrong. HE IS INCORRUPTIBLE.
- So now that you have that INCORRUPTIBLE SEED within you, don’t let that wicked sin control you.
- Walk in the SPIRIT and not in the flesh. Don’t grieve the Holy Spirit of God.