The title of the sermon today is “ROMANS CHAPTER 8.”
No Condemnation To Them Which Are In Christ Jesus
- Let’s start there in verse 1.
 Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
- Once you’re saved, you’re saved. You’re SEALED (past tense) with the HOLY SPIRIT.
- The HOLY SPIRIT is the DOWN PAYMENT to you until the DAY OF REDEMPTION.
- At the day of redemption, you receive a brand new body that doesn’t have sin and doesn’t want to sin.
- Romans Chapter 7 teaches us that our bodies have sin. The desire to sin isn’t going away in THIS body.
- Romans Chapter 8 is teaching us all about the HOLY SPIRIT.
- Once you’re saved, you have the HOLY SPIRIT within you.
Notice what it says there in verse 1 of Romans Chapter 8:
- “There is therefore NOW, no condemnation to them which are in CHRIST JESUS.”
- NOW that you’re saved, you are no longer condemned. That means you’re free from sin.
- It means you’re saved. You’re no longer headed to hell. You’re sins have been forgiven.
- The end of verse 1 says: “WHO WALK NOT AFTER THE FLESH, BUT AFTER THE SPIRIT.”
- So, now, you get to make a choice each day. Paul just taught us this in CHAPTER 7.
- Choose each day to walk after the SPIRIT. Obey the SPIRIT within you and NOT your flesh.
- The SPIRIT is there. Make a choice each day. Choose the SPIRIT.
Before we move on, I want to make sure you know that the HOLY SPIRIT doesn’t leave you ONCE you’re saved.
- This is VERY IMPORTANT to understand.
- In order to be saved, you need to understand you’re secure in God’s hands.
- In other words, once you have eternal life, you can’t lose it no matter what you do.
- That doesn’t mean to go do whatever you want as God can make your life a living hell and HE WILL.
- But He’s not sending you to hell once you’re saved BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST.
- Understand that the HOLY SPIRIT is a down payment until you receive a new and sinless body.
 2 Corinthians 1:19-22 For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us, even by me and Silvanus and Timotheus, was not yea and nay, but in him was yea. 20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us. 21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; 22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.
- You’re established in CHRIST once you believe on HIM to save you. It’s done.
- Who says it’s done and completed? GOD SAYS SO.
- The false preacher man says you don’t have eternal security. GOD SAYS YOU DO.
- Verse 21 right there says GOD DID IT. Verse 22 says GOD HAS SEALED US and given the earnest of the SPIRIT in our hearts.
Earnest Money = Serious About Making The Purchase
EARNEST MONEY in a real estate transaction is money put down to show that you’re serious about making the purchase.
- God is saying He’s serious. And to show that you’re saved He’s giving you the gift of the HOLY SPIRIT.
- He’s sealing you up and you have eternal life.
 Ephesians 1:13-14 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
- After you hear the GOSPEL and believe it, you’re saved.
- You receive the earnest or down payment of the HOLY SPIRIT. The SPIRIT doesn’t leave you EVER.
 Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
- How long are you sealed with the HOLY SPIRIT?
- Until the DAY OF REDEMPTION. That day, you receive a brand new body that is sinless.
- When is the DAY OF REDEMPTION? What great day is this that you have to look forward to?
 Luke 21:25-28 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; 26 Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. 27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
- The DAY OF THE LORD is the DAY OF REDEMPTION.
- When you see Jesus coming in the clouds, that day is here.
- And don’t worry because you won’t miss it.
 Revelation 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
- The DAY OF REDEMPTION is the SECOND COMING OF JESUS CHRIST.
- That’s when the Rapture occurs, and that’s when you’ll join Jesus in the clouds.
 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
- If you’re SAVED and have already put all your trust in Jesus Christ, you’re SEALED with the HOLY SPIRIT.
- You’re now waiting for the DAY OF REDEMPTION where you won’t have to battle sin any more.
- Let’s re-read Romans 8 verse 1 and continue onto verse 2.
 Romans 8:1-2 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
- You are now free from the law of sin and death. That’s what verse 2 says when you’re saved.
- You now have the SPIRIT OF LIFE in CHRIST JESUS within you.
- God says, “You’re free from the law of sin and death.” Death no longer has power over you.
- Why is that? BECAUSE YOU HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE. Everlasting means it never ends.
False Preachers Say That You Can Lose Salvation
But yet, you have false preachers teaching that you can lose it and go to hell IF you do certain things.
- Which things send you to hell according to these false preachers?
- Well, it can be anything of THEIR CHOICE. God never says any of that.
- So, once you’re saved, you have the SPIRIT. Then, you choose each day to walk in the SPIRIT or the flesh.
 Galatians 5:16-18 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
- If you have the SPIRIT, you’re led by the SPIRIT.
- When you sin, which you do, you’re allowing the flesh to lead in that decision.
- Some false preachers and false religions like Seventh Day Adventists teach that you don’t sin any more.
- And they’re talking about their flesh too. They say they don’t sin any more.
 Galatians 5:19-21 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
- False religions will take that verse and say: “SEE, IF YOU DO ANY OF THOSE, YOU GO TO HELL!!!”
- You lost your salvation. SEE!!! It says so right there.
- Well, guess what? If that were true, NO ONE would make it to heaven. The evidence is there.
- Idolatry. We’ve all put other things above God. We do it all the time every day.
- Hatred. Have you ever hated someone unrighteously? Of course. Envyings. How about that one?
- Drunkenness? Revellings means being loud and noisy for long periods of time. Partying all night.
- STRIFE. Ever had arguments with your friends, family, husband, wife? Of course.
- EVERYONE has done something on that list. God doesn’t mean you’re not going to heaven.
 1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
- If you take that to mean FLESH AND BLOOD, then obviously we’re all flesh and blood.
- We’re all living SO NONE OF US will inherit the kingdom of God.
- Even those false preachers won’t make it!!! Give them 1 Corinthians 15:50. Are you flesh and blood?
- “Well, then, you won’t make it either FALSE PREACHER!!!”
Once You Have The Spirit, You Have The Spirit
The Bible is talking about NOT HAVING THE SPIRIT OF GOD within you.
- Once you have the SPIRIT, you HAVE the SPIRIT!!! You’re no longer of flesh and blood. You’re spiritual.
- How do you get that SPIRIT? Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to save you. DONE. OVER. PERIOD.
- When you get to heaven, you won’t have that sin within your flesh. You won’t be in the flesh.
- When the day of redemption comes, you’ll have a new body without that desire to sin.
- Until then, you have a BODY OF SIN. The flesh is fighting you each day to make a bad decision.
- Yes, there is a war within you each and every day.
 Galatians 5:22-25 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
- IF we live in the SPIRIT, let us also WALK IN THE SPIRIT.
- You LIVE in the SPIRIT, but you get a choice to WALK IN THE SPIRIT. That’s your choice each day.
- Let’s continue in Romans Chapter 8 verse 3.
 Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
- What can’t the law do? The law is following all of God’s commandments.
- If you follow all commandments all your life, you aren’t condemned. You’re perfect.
- And we all know that’s never going to happen because the Bible says so. We all mess up.
- That makes us WEAK IN THE FLESH. So the law CANNOT SAVE US. That’s what this verse means.
- The entire Book of Romans teaches this.
So, what does God do since we’re all headed to hell because of our flesh?
- It says right there at the end of verse 3: “God sends HIS SON in the likeness of SINFUL FLESH.”
- He comes to earth as a MAN in a flesh and blood body for SIN, to save us from sin.
- JESUS condemns SIN IN THE FLESH. Do you see the connection now?
- We can’t do it. So Jesus comes and does it for us. He didn’t have to come and save us, but HE DID.
- He conquers SIN AND FLESH. He NEVER sins ONCE IN HIS FLESH AND BLOOD body.
False preachers and false religions will take Romans Chapter 2 out of context.
- They have to work hard to find verses that say YOU MUST KEEP THE LAW TO BE SAVED.
- And they find whatever they can and they use it against the TRUE WORD OF GOD. Here’s an example:
 Romans 2:12-13 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; 13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
- They’ll say: “SEE, YOU HAVE TO KEEP ALL THE LAW TO BE JUSTIFIED BEFORE GOD. I don’t sin any more.”
- That’s what they say. Do you remember the story of the young man who was rich who spoke with Jesus?
 Matthew 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
- That’s a great question. But make sure you understand what the man asked Jesus.
- “WHAT GOOD THING SHALL I DO TO INHERIT ETERNAL LIFE?” The man thinks it’s all about good works.
 Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
- Jesus just tells him that there is NONE GOOD. That means GOODNESS doesn’t get you there.
- If you want eternal life through goodness, then you MUST keep all the commandments.
- What Jesus says right there, AS ALWAYS, is the 100% TRUTH. He answered the man’s question.
 Matthew 19:18-19 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
- Jesus tells the man which commandments he must keep.
- Jesus already knew the man and what he had done wrong in his life.
- He tells him not to do these things.
 Matthew 19:20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
- The young man tells Jesus that he’s done nothing wrong in his life.
- But, Jesus just told him that there are NONE GOOD but God. This young man is telling Jesus he’s perfect.
 Matthew 19:21-22 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. 22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
- This goes along perfectly with the BOOK OF ROMANS.
- If you think you’re going to heaven by being good and keeping the commandments, you’re just like that rich young man.
- You’re going to go away SORROWFUL to hell because you trust in yourself.
- If we could make it on our own, JESUS wouldn’t have came to die on the cross.
- WE CAN’T MAKE IT ON OUR OWN. It’s not about our works and actions and following commandments.
- Let’s move onto verse 4 of Romans Chapter 8.
 Romans 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
- We only fulfill the commandments or God’s law when we walk after the SPIRIT.
- When we choose the flesh, we will sin. GUARANTEED. If we don’t have the SPIRIT, we can’t please God.
 Romans 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
- That’s why in this world today most people are out for themselves.
- When people are in the flesh, they’ll even accuse you of only caring about yourself.
- They’ll say, “YOU’RE SELFISH.” I need some money. Why? They’ll lie about why they need it.
- In reality, they’ll use it for something they don’t need like drugs.
- And I say, “Sorry, I’m not contributing to things of the flesh. If it’s of the SPIRIT, fine, here’s some money.”
- That’s not being selfish. That’s putting their best interests ahead of anything else.
- People who walk in the flesh won’t like you when you walk in the SPIRIT. Guaranteed.
- But guess who will like you? God and the others who choose to walk in the SPIRIT.
 Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
- Things of the flesh will NEVER please you. It all leads to death. Realize that today.
- The SPIRIT, though, leads to LIFE AND PEACE. That’s what you want.
 Romans 8:7-8 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
- In other words, if you think you can do it yourself, you’re going to fail.
- If you think you can stop sinning on your own, you will fail.
- The SPIRIT OF GOD is the only thing that can stop you from sinning.
- If you don’t have it, you’re going to get worse and worse and worse 100% without a doubt.
- My life, before I was saved, was proof of that. I tried and couldn’t get any better.
- Your life, before you were saved, is proof of that.
- Now, you can choose to get better OR not. It’s every decision and every choice you make.
- Your flesh is in opposition to the SPIRIT OF GOD. Your flesh won’t follow the law of God. It can’t.
- But the SPIRIT you have once you’re saved can follow the law.
Being Saved = Only Chance To Follow God
That’s why it’s so important for parents to understand that children being saved is the only way for them to follow what God wants.
- Parents who try to scare their children into following commandments by telling them they lose their salvation are GOING UP AGAINST GOD directly.
- That’s called walking in the FLESH because you’re lying to your children. Churches do the same thing.
- They teach that you lose your salvation unless you do what the CHURCH says.
- GOD teaches different and He made the rules. He created how this all works.
- He says, “BE SAVED. Get the SPIRIT OF GOD. And THEN you can follow the law through HIS SPIRIT.”
But instead, parents will say: “You’re telling my children they’re saved and then they think they can go do whatever they want???”
- No, I didn’t say that. GOD said it. They get a choice anyway to do what they want.
- As a parent, as they grow older, you definitely aren’t stopping them from doing what they want.
- Guess who can convince them to stop sinning? THE HOLY SPIRIT.
- You aren’t helping your children get that spirit by telling them they can lose their salvation.
- In order to be saved, you need to understand that you can’t lose it.
- That’s the sad part in churches today.
- LYING to everyone and repeating lies instead of trusting GOD’S WORDS. You can’t please God that way.
 Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
- If you’re SAVED, the SPIRIT OF GOD is within you. That’s what this teaches right here.
- If you aren’t SAVED, you don’t have the SPIRIT OF CHRIST. You’re not ONE OF HIS.
- It says so right there. In other words, you aren’t a child of God UNTIL you’re SAVED.
- The world teaches that everyone is a child of God and GOD LOVES ALL HIS CHILDREN.
- NOPE. That’s wrong. You’re not a child of God until you have the SPIRIT OF CHRIST within you.
And notice, GOD IS THREE IN ONE is within Romans 8 verse 9.
- You see all 3 within this verse. The SPIRIT OF GOD THE FATHER is the SPIRIT OF JESUS CHRIST.
- Which is the HOLY SPIRIT. Those 3 are ONE GOD.
 Romans 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
- Your body will die because of sin. But Christ is within you. How? Through HIS SPIRIT.
- You aren’t CHRIST, but He lives within you. That means you NEVER die because JESUS NEVER DIES.
- The SPIRIT you now have within YOU doesn’t die. That’s why you HAVE eternal life.
- You only have righteousness within you because of the SPIRIT OF GOD. Without that, you have NONE.
- You can’t live right without the SPIRIT OF GOD within you.
 Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
- Immediately, when you BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST as your Savior, you get that SPIRIT.
- HIS SPIRIT quickens your mortal body that now dwells within you. You’re now saved forevermore.
Your Flesh Isn’t Saved Because You’re Going To Die
So notice this today: when you’re saved, YOUR FLESH IS NOT SAVED. Your outward appearance doesn’t change.
- So what’s saved? Your spirit and soul is now saved. Your SPIRIT will NEVER die.
- Your life will never leave your soul. Your body will die. It’s temporary. Your soul is saved.
- You don’t look at me now that I’m saved and say WOW, look at Josh’s outward appearance.
- His hair is dark brown again. He has no wrinkles. He sure isn’t losing any hair.
- He doesn’t need contacts any more. He’s getting younger and looks amazing. WOW, he is perfect.
- He looks just like Kyle Idleman now. Josh looks just like those male models on TV. WOW.
- I know that’s what you all say when I’m not around. Do you see how crazy that is?
We still have problems in our flesh. Our head hurts. Headaches. Aches, pains, wrinkles. Losing hair.
- The evidence that the BIBLE is TRUE is all around us. Evidence always matches the Bible.
- Your body will die one day. 100% without a doubt UNLESS Jesus comes back first.
- So, now that you’re SAVED and you understand you will NEVER die, let’s see what the next verses say.
 Romans 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
- Look there: YOU ARE NO LONGER DEBTORS to the flesh. God has redeemed you.
- You don’t have to live after the flesh. Before you were saved, you did. You had no choice.
- But now, you have a choice to choose what the SPIRIT OF GOD wants in every decision you make.
- If you choose to walk after the flesh, you’ll be doing things like we saw in Galatians Chapter 5.
- Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness (lustfulness), idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, wrath, strife, coveting, wanting things other people have, heresies against God, envy, murder, drunkenness, and more.
- All things after the flesh lead to death.
 Romans 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
- So, look, you can’t be perfect and WALK IN THE SPIRIT 100% of the time.
- You can do your best, but you will mess up and sin. Why? Because we’re in this flesh.
- Is it okay to sin? No. God doesn’t say it’s okay. But He understands.
- That’s why JESUS came. He knows you can’t be perfect. But He says to give it your best shot.
- How? By obeying the SPIRIT within you. If you aren’t, then you sin.
- “Well, I went the whole week without sinning!!!” Yeah right. Paul had trouble. You will too.
- But it’s not okay to continue doing the same things over and over again when you know it’s wrong.
- That means you love it. You have to turn it around and HATE that sin. Then you stop.
- That’s the SPIRIT winning within you. You get a choice.
What Are You Thinking About Throughout The Day?
For example, what do you think about all day long? Each day, be conscious of what you’re thinking about.
- Are you thinking about Scripture? Are you thinking about God and what He wants?
- Or, are you thinking about Church and making sure you’re going to make it there.
- Are you scheduling things around Church or is Church the least important?
- Are you praying to God all throughout the day even when it’s not going like you want?
Or, are you worried about what you’re going to indulge in for lunch or dinner. “I LOVE GOING OUT TO EAT.”
- Are you thinking about the opposite sex all the time? What men you like? What women you like?
- What are you going to watch on TV tonight? “I love that show.”
- Are you thinking about how to make your husband happy or your children or your grandchildren?
- Are you trying to make everybody else happy? “WHAT ABOUT GOD!?!?!?!?!?”
- Don’t you care what He wants? STOP WORRYING ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE.
- They make their own decisions too. God gave them FREE WILL.
- You aren’t here to make everyone in their FLESH HAPPY!!!
Hey, look, that’s the difference in walking in the flesh versus the SPIRIT!!!
- Do you say, “Ah, I can’t wait to read the Bible at lunch.”
- The people around you look at you like, “Okay???” Why? Because nobody is like that in today’s world.
- Well, my children might get mad at me if I do this or that.
- Well, look, it’s time to start changing that. Let the SPIRIT OF GOD take over.
- Then you’ll see how you’re walking in the SPIRIT now. Worldly people won’t like you.
- That might be your children, your parents, your friends. That’s fine.
- They have a choice. You can’t make the choices for them. You can’t drag with you to heaven.
 Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
- You got the SPIRIT? Then you’re saved and you’re being led by the SPIRIT.
- When you worry about everyone else and how to make them happy, that’s not walking in the SPIRIT.
 2 Corinthians 6:14-18 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
- We better get this right. God sends us all the messages we need within the Bible.
 Romans 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
- Your FATHER is God now. That means HE IS YOUR FATHER. Act that way.
- He is your leader. No one else. Make HIM happy. Do what He says to do.
- Have no fear in anything else BUT GOD ALMIGHTY. If you don’t fear Him, go do what you want.
- But remember, He’ll win. He will knock you down. He is God.
- And notice that verse says YOU HAVE RECEIVED THE SPIRIT OF ADOPTION. It’s done. Past tense.
- If you have trouble walking in the SPIRIT, then you’re not SOWING TO THE SPIRIT.
 Galatians 6:7-8 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
- Reading your Bible, listening to psalms and hymns, praying, coming to Church is SOWING TO THE SPIRIT.
- Sowing to the flesh as all the other things that make YOU HAPPY.
- Ask yourself each day in everything you do: “Is this making God happy or this for ME to make ME happy?”
- If you’re trying to make others HAPPY, that’s the same thing as making ME happy?
- If it’s what God has asked you to do, then you’re good.
- For example, God says to go out and preach the Gospel and try to save people. It’s for ETERNITY!!!
- If you’re doing that, you’re making God happy. It has value. It has significance.
- If you stay at home and watch TV, you’re making you happy.
Are You Making God Happy?
If you go help someone else in some worldly desire, then you’re making them happy. Not God.
- YOU WILL REAP CORRUPTION the Bible says. You don’t want that.
- A home is wood, hay, and stubble. It’s not eternal. A car is not eternal.
- A $300 meal is not eternal. It ends up in the same place as the $3 meal. Definitely not eternal.
 Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
- The SPIRIT within you BEARS WITNESS with your spirit that you are a CHILD OF GOD.
 1 John 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
- GOD dwells within you. Understand what that means. He’s knows and sees everything you do.
- Think of that BEFORE you make a bad decision. Every little decision matters.
 Romans 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
- God is saying, “Hey, if you’re a child of God, then you’re an heir of God.” What’s that mean?
- That means you’ve inherited eternal life because you’re a child of God.
- This doesn’t mean you’re going to be like God and replace God like a son of a King replaces the King.
- GOD IS FOREVER. No one will replace HIM on the throne. But people love to hear that.
- Those TV preachers like to pump you up and tell you that you are going to be like God.
- That’s not what this verse means. YOU WILL BE GLORIFIED because CHRIST is in you.
- Without CHRIST, you won’t be glorified. You’re a joint heir with Christ.
He’s given you eternal life. Do you know all the dreams and desires you have for YOUR LIFE?
- You’ve always wanted to do this or this or that.
- This world teaches you from a young child to follow YOUR DREAMS.
- Here’s what some of those might be.
- “Well, I wanted to retire and play golf every day.”
- “I want to travel around the world and eat all the different foods.”
- “I want a home on the ocean where it’s always sunny and warm. I love the beach.”
- “I want to travel around the country in an RV and go everywhere I want anytime I want.”
Hey, guess what? All of that is what YOU WANT.
- Did you stop and ask God what HE WANTS? What does He want for your life here on this EARTH?
- But what if it’s something you don’t want? What are you going to do?
- Hey, look, put it off for a little while and do what God needs you to do this short time in this life.
- You’ll have all of eternity to do all those things. Put it off for a little while.
- Do what God wants. That’s walking in the SPIRIT and not in the flesh. We have all dreams and desires.
But do they align with what God wants? “Well, I don’t want that. I don’t like that. That’s not what I want.”
- “I want this. I want that. I’ll do what I want. I am the BOSS.”
- News flash. No you aren’t. Ask King Nebuchadnezzar if he was the boss. Ask Pharaoh if he was the boss.
- Ask Satan if he was the boss. They all thought they were. But they found out they weren’t.
- Why do you need to give up all YOUR dreams and desires? Well, hear this in verse 18.
 Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
- If you suffer now and give up all the fleshly DESIRES that you have, NONE of that compares.
- GOD SAYS SO. Just wait God says. That’s what He’s saying in this verse.
- NOTHING can be compared to the GLORY which shall be revealed in us through JESUS CHRIST.
- None of those desires that you have are WORTH ANYTHING compared to what God has store for you.
 1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
- What’s God saying right there? You have NO IDEA He says. He’s preparing something for you.
- He simply asks you to walk after the SPIRIT. Don’t go after YOUR DESIRES. Go after HIS.
- Do you believe this today? If so, let’s do it. Let’s do what HE ASKS US TO DO.
- You won’t like it. But He says right there, “JUST WAIT AND SEE.”
- Your eyes have never seen anything like this. Your ears have never heard anything like this.
- Nothing has even entered into your heart that things that HE HAS WAITING FOR YOU.
- If you love God, do what He says. If you don’t love God, go do what you want.
- Do what God asks. LIFE. Do what you want. DEATH. He says it over and over and over again.
Think To Heaven And Then Ask Yourself, “Is This Important?”
If you could move forward in time and be in heaven, imagine what you would think about the things you want right now in this life.
- Well, I want a pool. I want a new car. I want a new house. I want some more of Pam’s pizza.
- You better make me 2 pizza’s, Pam. I love those pizzas. I want this. I want that. I want. I want. I want.
- You would LAUGH at yourself. What was wrong with me??? I sure wish I knew what I know now.
- It’s time to wake up. The things in this life aren’t what you need. WAKE UP. Realize that today.
- And look, if you wake up and start wanting what GOD wants, HE MIGHT REWARD you in this life.
 1 John 5:14-15 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: 15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
- If you understand God and are walking with God in the SPIRIT, ask and you will receive.
- “Well, God, I want to win the lottery. You said ask and I will receive.”
- God doesn’t fulfill your lustful desires. He HATES those things. Why would He answer that?
- If you think He will, you don’t GOD.
 James 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
- If it’s all about you and what you want, it won’t happen.
- If you ask according to God’s will, HE SAYS: “I WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN.” That’s amazing.
 Romans 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
- We’re waiting and expecting great things. We’re looking for JESUS CHRIST to come back.
 Isaiah 64:4 For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.
- I’m waiting for God to come back for us.
- He’s with us now, but we have no idea how great that day will be.
- What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see!!!
 Romans 8:20-21 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
- We are a creature from birth. We’re a creation.
- We sinned. We are saved. We become a new creation within. The flesh isn’t new.
- We are still in our body in our flesh. We’re battling the flesh every day. It’s a battle.
- But God has saved us. We thank HIM so much for that. We have HIS SPIRIT now. But we’re not done yet.
- In verse 21 right there, it tells us we “ALSO SHALL BE DELIVERED FROM THE BONDAGE OF CORRUPTION.”
- And we’ll be delivered “INTO THE GLORIOUS LIBERTY OF THE CHILDREN OF GOD.”
 Romans 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
- We still have pain. We groan and travail because of the battles each day.
- But we’ve been SAVED!!! Understand that. Battle but know you can choose the SPIRIT.
- You have that power now to make that choice.
 Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
- NOT ONLY THEY BUT OURSELVES ALSO means Gentiles and Jews.
- WHOSOEVER believes on Jesus HAS the firstfruits of the SPIRIT. You receive the SPIRIT OF GOD.
- “EVEN WE OURSELVES GROAN WITHIN OURSELVES.” Every day is a battle.
- It will never stop until that day of redemption. And then WOW!!!
- Imagine not having to battle sin any more. We’re used to it. But think when all those desires are gone.
- That’s what we HOPE FOR and that’s what we wait for each and every day.
- Understand how great that DAY will be. We’re a new creation on the inside ALREADY.
- But one day, we’ll be complete in JESUS CHRIST. We wait and hope for that.
 Romans 8:24-25 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? 25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
- We’re HOPING for something great. We know it’s coming because we’re saved.
- If we could already see it and have it, we wouldn’t hope for it any more.
- But our hope increases because we don’t see it. So what do we do? We wait with patience.
 Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
- Notice what this verse says. “LIKEWISE THE SPIRIT HELPETH OUR INFIRMITIES.”
- Our infirmities are our weaknesses. Our flesh is our weakness.
- If we didn’t have trouble sinning and didn’t sin any more, this verse wouldn’t make sense.
- The HOLY SPIRIT is our HELPER. He’s there to help us and guide us, and He does HIS JOB.
- But we need to make the right decisions each and every day all day long.
- So we don’t know everything to pray for because we’re learning and growing in knowledge and wisdom.
- The last part of the verse says that the SPIRIT makes intercession for us. God helps us in prayer.
 Romans 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
- When we pray, we should ask for everything to happen according to God’s will.
- The SPIRIT of God is there for us in our prayers. He helps us pray and intercedes to God for us.
 Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
- If you love God, He says you’ll keep HIS COMMANDMENTS.
- If you’re doing your best to love God, all things work together for good FOR YOU.
- But “GOOD” might not be what you think is good if you’re thinking in your flesh.
- Remember, “GOOD” is not the desires of your flesh. That’s money, riches, worldly fun.
- God knows what’s good and best for you. If you love Him, He’ll work things out for you.
- And understand that whatever He gives you is BEST for you. Know that. Understand that.
God Might Give Someone Else More Money Who Doesn’t Care About Money
For example, God might give someone more money in this life that doesn’t care about it.
- Why? It’s not going to hurt that person.
- Another person who loves money and things, He might hold money back from them.
- Why? Because it can hurt them much more than the other person who doesn’t love money.
 Romans 8:29-30 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
- God knows the future. HE FOREKNOWS. He knows who will change their mind and believe.
- He doesn’t decide who will be saved and who won’t be saved. But He does know the future.
- He gives all people the chances to be saved. He’s fair and just to all people. They decide.
- God doesn’t do it for you. God doesn’t make you believe. He gives all a fair chance to be saved.
- JESUS is the FIRSTBORN among all the saved people. He was raised from the dead in a NEW BODY.
- You’re going to receive a new body just like that one day. That’s the day of redemption.
- The HOLY SPIRIT calls the unsaved. We’re only saved because the HOLY SPIRIT was there.
- The HOLY SPIRIT convinces us and calls us to be saved.
 Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
- This is talking to SAVED people. God chose you He’s saying. He called you through HIS SPIRIT.
- You accepted. You humbled yourself and understood that you need a Savior.
- “GOD, I NEED YOU. I WANT YOU TO FORGIVE ME OF ALL MY SINS. I’M SORRY.”
- Now, you’re saved. God is for you. WHO CARES WHO COMES UP AGAINST YOU?
- Who cares who doesn’t like you? Who cares who talks bad about you behind your back?
- I don’t care. You shouldn’t care. CARE WHAT GOD THINKS. Don’t worry about the world.
- That’s what that verse means right there. DO WHAT YOU GOT TO DO.
Stand Up Against Wickedness
If you need to stand up against some wickedness, stand up. God’s there with you.
- He’s got hundreds of millions of angels standing right there with you. Remember that.
- You might not see them, but they’re there. THANK YOU GOD FOR THAT.
- And if it’s a bigger task than those hundreds of millions of angels can handle, JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF is right there with you.
- Understand all of this today. GOD IS FOR YOU. He says so. He doesn’t lie.
 Romans 8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
- God the Father is saying right there: “HEY, LOOK WHAT I DID FOR YOU!!!”
- I gave you my ONE AND ONLY SON who is a part of me. We’re one. I sent HIM to die for YOU.
- If you were dying and scared and I came and said, “Hey, I’ll do this for you. I’m going to die in your place.”
- “Wow, he really loves me. Would you really do that?”
- And I didn’t just say it, but I did it. You would be forever grateful because I gave you more time.
GOD didn’t just say it. GOD DID IT. And now you’re saved through HIM.
- Jesus came and died for you so you don’t have to tremble and shake when it’s time for you to die.
- You don’t have to be scared to die. Without HIM, we’d all be scared.
- In other words, God says that you’re important. Jesus came and died for you. You must be important.
- He says, “I’ll freely give you all things.” It’s going to be so great. All you have to do is believe.
 Romans 8:33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth.
- I love that verse right there. God’s elect are the saved people.
- If you’re saved, you’re God’s elect. “And WHO shall lay anything to the charge of God’s elect?”
- In other words, whose going to charge your soul with sin? God isn’t He says.
- God says, “YOU’RE JUSTIFIED.” You’re free and clear. No one can charge you now.
- God says, “Hey, I cleared your account from all debt. You’re free.”
 Romans 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
- “Who is going to condemn you now?” God asks.
- Who saves you? JESUS CHRIST saves you. GOD SAVES YOU. He died, He arose from the dead for you.
- And where is Jesus right now? He’s at the right hand of GOD THE FATHER right now.
- JESUS makes intercession for us. He stands up for us. He saves us.
- No man can save you. No religion can save you. No church can save you.
- You won’t find them standing up to God for you when you die. They won’t be there.
- But do you know who will be? The HOLY SPIRIT is the witness within you that you’re saved.
Open Those Gates Because I Know Him/Her
JESUS CHRIST knows you. You get to the gates of heaven. They open right up.
- Jesus already told the gatekeepers, “Hey, Gary is coming in a few minutes. Open the gates. I know him.”
- “Hey, Beverly is coming in a few minutes. OPEN THOSE GATES. I know her.”
- The Holy Spirit carries you right through into heaven.
- JESUS CHRIST is at the right hand of the MOST HIGH. What HE says, GOES. He said, “LET THEM IN.”
- You’re in. You’re saved. Nothing will ever change that BECAUSE GOD SAYS SO.
- That’s what He’s telling us right here at the end of Romans.
 Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
- In other words, NOTHING will separate you NOW from JESUS. He loves you. You’re HIS NOW.
- You’re protected in HIS HANDS. He’s got you now.
 Romans 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
- This is a quote from Psalms. “AS IT IS WRITTEN.”
 Psalm 44:22 Yea, for thy sake are we killed all the day long; we are counted as sheep for the slaughter.
- If you love Jesus and live for JESUS only the rest of your life, you’ll experience big problems in this world.
- You’ll go through tribulation, distress, persecution, famine, nakedness, peril, sword.
- That’s what verse 35 says. In verse 36, you might even be killed.
- If you’re chosen to die for Jesus Christ because you’re being persecuted, be glad that you get that honor.
 Romans 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
- No matter what happens in this life, you will conquer everything because you’re saved.
- JESUS is on your side now. God is on your side now. The Holy Spirit is right here with you.
- Don’t worry about anything. God is for you HE SAYS. You need something? Don’t worry. He’s there.
 Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Death can’t separate from Jesus. If anything could, it would be death. BUT IT CAN’T.
- LIFE itself can’t separate you. You can mess up every day all day long and Jesus says, I got you.
- Angels can’t separate you. Remember, Satan is a fallen angel. He can’t do it.
- All of the hundreds of millions of angels TOGETHER can’t do it. NO powers in heaven or earth can do it.
- None now. None in the future. NEVER can you be separated from the love of God.
- Why? Because HE SAID SO. Don’t choose to listen to ANY false preacher over GOD HIMSELF.
- God says, “You’re SAVED. You have everlasting life. You cannot lose it. You cannot be separated from HIM.”
- End of discussion. Done. Over. God said so.