- Sermon Slides for Sermon Should We Obey Higher Powers? Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Should We Obey Higher Powers? PDF
- Audio MP3 for Sermon Should We Obey Higher Powers? Audio
- Video MP4 for Sermon Should We Obey Higher Powers? Video
 The title of the sermon: “SHOULD WE OBEY HIGHER POWERS?”
Are Churches Confused About Obeying Higher Powers?
- Churches and false preachers have confused people about obeying higher powers.
- Does God command us to ALWAYS OBEY the higher powers? Is this within the Bible?
- We MUST search the Scriptures to find the truth. We must understand the Bible as a whole.
 Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
- False preachers will take this ONE VERSE and twist this all around.
- The meaning of this Scripture is very simple and easy to understand.
- “Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God.”
- “The powers that be are ordained of God.”
So, I ask you this question: “Who is the highest power of all? In your life, who is your highest power?”
- Is it the government of the United States? Is it your husband or wife? Is it your children?
- Some people act as if their children are running everything. Is it the public schools?
- Who is the HIGHEST of HIGH? How do we figure out the highest power of all? We go to the Scriptures.
 Psalm 18:13 The LORD also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest gave his voice; hail stones and coals of fire.
- Let’s get this straight today. THERE IS NO ONE HIGHER THAN GOD THE FATHER IN HEAVEN.
- “The Lord THUNDERED in the heavens. The Highest gave HIS voice.”
 Luke 1:31-33 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
- Jesus is the Son of THE HIGHEST. There is no one higher than God the Father.
- Jesus shows us that throughout the Bible. Jesus tells us that He obeys His Father in all things.
 Luke 1:34-35 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? 35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
- The power of “THE HIGHEST shall overshadow thee.
- There is none even close to as HIGH as our Almighty God in heaven. NO ONE. Understand that.
 Luke 1:76 And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;
- Jesus Christ is a prophet of THE HIGHEST. He is “THE” prophet.
 Luke 6:35-36 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. 36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.
- Because we have believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, we are children of THE HIGHEST.
- We are to love OUR ENEMIES. Jesus says to love YOUR ENEMIES.
- He doesn’t say to love the enemies of God. Keep that in mind as we go throughout this sermon.
 Mark 5:7 And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.
- Who is THE MOST HIGH? It’s very easy to understand that God the Father is the HIGHEST of all.
- And it’s not even close. You can take all the men and women who have ever lived.
- You can stack them one on top of the other with all their power and might.
- And God is still infinite times HIGHER than all of them combined. They are nothing next to God.
- Let me say that again: “They are NOTHING next to God the Father. HE IS “THE” Highest.”
 Acts 16:17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.
- Are you a servant of the MOST HIGH GOD? Or, are you a servant to other people? Which one?
- Paul is a servant of the most high God. He didn’t serve anyone else but God.
 Hebrews 1:2-3 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; 3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
- THE MAJESTY ON HIGH is THE ONE sitting on “THE” throne in heaven right now.
- Listen to this and imagine King David preaching this to you right now.
- David was a man after the Lord’s own heart. I want to be a man after the Lord’s own heart.
 1 Chronicles 29:10 Wherefore David blessed the LORD before all the congregation: and David said, Blessed be thou, LORD God of Israel our father, for ever and ever.
 1 Chronicles 29:11 Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all.
 1 Chronicles 29:12-13 Both riches and honour come of thee, and thou reignest over all; and in thine hand is power and might; and in thine hand it is to make great, and to give strength unto all. 13 Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name.
 1 Chronicles 29:14-15 But who am I, and what is my people, that we should be able to offer so willingly after this sort? for all things come of thee, and of thine own have we given thee. 15 For we are strangers before thee, and sojourners, as were all our fathers: our days on the earth are as a shadow, and there is none abiding.
- The Lord is THE greatness, THE power, THE glory, THE victory, THE majesty.
- All that is in the heaven and the earth is His. He is exalted as HEAD ABOVE ALL.
- Riches, honor, power, might, glory, blessings, curses. They all come from God.
- All power is God’s and no one would have any power at all unless he allows it.
 Job 37:22-24 Fair weather cometh out of the north: with God is terrible majesty. 23 Touching the Almighty, we cannot find him out: he is excellent in power, and in judgment, and in plenty of justice: he will not afflict. 24 Men do therefore fear him: he respecteth not any that are wise of heart.
- God is a GREAT and TERRIBLE God meaning He should strike terror within you because of His power.
 Psalm 68:7-8 O God, when thou wentest forth before thy people, when thou didst march through the wilderness; Selah: 8 The earth shook, the heavens also dropped at the presence of God: even Sinai itself was moved at the presence of God, the God of Israel.
- When the evil and wicked pope walks in, does the earth shake?
- Do the mountains move? When the President of the United States walks in, does the earth shake?
- No, it doesn’t. He shakes and almost falls over. The earth doesn’t shake. The mountains don’t move.
- When any man or woman on this earth, including all of us, walks through, the earth doesn’t tremble.
- You tell me if this reminds you of any man or woman on this earth as we read these next Scriptures.
 Nahum 1:2-3 God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies. 3 The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.
- Do you know of any man that shows up in a whirlwind? In a storm?
- Do you know of anyone who uses the clouds and dust as their feet?
 Nahum 1:4-5 He rebuketh the sea, and maketh it dry, and drieth up all the rivers: Bashan languisheth, and Carmel, and the flower of Lebanon languisheth. 5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
- I don’t know of any man or woman who can make the mountains quake before them.
- I don’t know of anyone who can make the hills melt and earth burn at their presence. Do you?
 Nahum 1:6-7 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him. 7 The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.
- The Lord is good. Is there anyone else who is good? There’s none good but God. HE IS GOOD.
- There is none other who is good and perfect but the Lord God Almighty.
You Can’t Obey The Highest Power Without Obeying God FIRST
With that said, how can you obey the highest powers without OBEYING GOD?
- How can you be subject unto the higher powers without being subject FIRST unto God?
- If a higher power in this earth, such as the government, tells you that you must allow all sodomites into the church, what will you do? What does God say to do?
 Deuteronomy 7:26 Neither shalt thou bring an abomination into thine house, lest thou be a cursed thing like it: but thou shalt utterly detest it, and thou shalt utterly abhor it; for it is a cursed thing.
 Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
 Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
- The government should be putting sodomites to death but instead they make a new law that states you MUST allow them to worship in your church.
- God says don’t allow them into the church. They are fornicators. Who do you obey?
- What are you going to do? Are you confused? I can assure you right now that I am not confused.
- I will be subject unto the higher powers.
- And I know there is no higher power than God Almighty in heaven. He’s watching. He sees everything.
- If you think I’m scared of the government, you’d be wrong. The Almighty God is here with me.
Our government should be SUBJECT unto the higher power who is God.
- They say, “IN GOD WE TRUST.” Do they? Why won’t they do what He says then?
- I will do what God says to do. I will not allow a sodomite into this church. EVER.
- Now, could they sneak in and I not know it? Yes they could.
- But there’s nothing here that they will like so they won’t stay long.
- What would you do? Would you obey the government even when they’re going up against God?
- Will you stand with “WE THE PEOPLE” or with God Almighty?
- If you stand against God, the highest power of all, you are breaking His commandments.
- With that said, let’s go back to Romans Chapter 12 now and read all the way up to Romans Chapter 13.
- Let’s get some context of the Scriptures.
 Romans 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
- Be not conformed to this world.
- In other words, don’t do everything the so-called higher powers tell you to do.
- You don’t do anything they tell you to do that goes against the word of God. NEVER.
- GOD IS ALWAYS THE HIGHEST POWER. Remember that. We are subject unto Him in all things.
 Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
- So many of the leaders of this country think higher of themselves than they ought to think.
- Church leaders think a little too much of themselves. We’re from the dirt. Understand that.
 Romans 12:10-11 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another; 11 Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
- We are to serve the Lord. We aren’t to serve these other leaders by going against the Lord.
- Our leaders should be matching up with the Lord. The laws they make should be matching God’s laws.
- They shouldn’t be telling you to do things that are against the Lord God Almighty.
- They shouldn’t be telling us what we will put into our bodies.
- They shouldn’t be telling you that your children must take this vaccine and do this and do that.
- God says to trust in the Lord over and over again and not to trust in all these other things.
- It’s pure evil, and I will not be subject unto those evil powers.
 Romans 12:16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
- Mind not high things. I don’t bow down to the pope just because he’s supposed to be something special.
- He’s an evil man who blasphemes the name of God. I won’t bow down to him.
- I won’t bow down to a false preacher at an altar call while he stands up above me like he’s God.
 Romans 12:17-19 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. 18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. 19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
- Are we to cause trouble purposely?
- When a leader tells me that I will do something against God’s word, who is causing the problem first?
- I was trying to live peaceably with all men.
- But then that leader comes to me trying to get me to break God’s word?
- I will not break God’s word for them. They are the ones that are causing the issues. Not me.
When a preacher lies to me and I say something to him, he is the one who caused the problem.
- He is the one who preached against God’s word. He is causing the contention and strife against God.
- We are not to do evil to anyone. I can hate and reject someone, but I’m not going to do evil to them.
- HATING someone who is evil is not evil. God hates evil and wickedness. He is not evil.
- So many false preachers today want all the congregation to be subject unto them.
- They preach lies about God and they want everyone to just accept what they say. AND THEY DO!!!
- They twist the Scriptures and talk people into obeying them in all things. WHAT A JOKE.
 Romans 12:20-21 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
- God doesn’t command me to do whatever the evil powers tell me to do.
- If they command me to do something against His words, I am NOT TO DO THOSE THINGS.
- God doesn’t tell me to sin against Him by doing whatever our evil leaders tell me to do.
But I will feed them. I will give them drink. Why? “For in doing so thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.”
- And that’s what I want for the evil leaders of this world.
- That’s the end of Romans Chapter 12. Now you get an idea of the context of the chapter.
- We are to obey God and do what He says.
 Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
- Am I subject to the powers on this earth? Yes, I am. I am far lower than all these other powers.
- I am subject to them. I do what they tell me to do unless they tell me to go against God’s word.
- I pay my taxes because that’s a law that doesn’t go against God’s word.
- I follow the laws of driving most of the time because they aren’t going against God’s word.
- I pay my Home Owners Association fees because I chose to live in the neighborhood.
- I am subject to all these higher powers that are above me. I am low in this world. I am below them.
For example, God is the HIGHEST for me. There is no higher power than God Almighty.
- What’s next? What’s the second highest power for me? The Constitution of the United States.
- If some leader, such as our Governor of Kentucky, breaks the constitution, I go with the Constitution.
- If you don’t, then you’re not being subject unto the higher powers.
- Our governor should be following this commandment since he professes to be a Christian.
He should be subject unto the higher powers. GOD first. Then the constitution. He’s not above those things.
- People need to realize their level within the powers to be.
- Don’t act as if I’m not following the correct order.
- Those people who think they have all the power are not following this commandment from God.
- Our President of the United States is not THE KING of the United States. Understand that.
- Donald Trump started to act as if he was a king. He wanted to be more like a king.
- He wasn’t a king. Joe Biden is not a king. They are all subject unto the higher powers.
They get this power kick in their heads since they are the so-called “LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD.”
- No they aren’t. GOD IS THE LEADER OF ALL THINGS.
- He can take their power away any time He wants. “For there is no power but of God.”
- He can remove them from power any time he wants. They are only there because He allows them to be.
- But many of them aren’t understanding these things.
- If they aren’t a clear follower of God’s word, He didn’t choose them to be a leader.
- He didn’t ordain them as a leader. All the powers in this earth are not ordained by God.
- The ones who won’t follow God and His words are not ordained by God.
For example, do you think God ordained the pope to lead a false church?
- Do you think God ordained sodomite pastors that are all over this world now?
- Really??? Think about that. Do you think God chose the pedophile pastors all over this country?
- If you think so, you have no idea who God is and what He wants.
- God doesn’t ordain evil and put evil rulers into power. God didn’t ordain Joe Biden.
- God didn’t choose Joe Biden as President of the United States. Wake up to reality. Did you miss reality?
Does God Or The People Vote For The President Of The United States?
Who chose Joe Biden? Did you go vote? The people in the United States chose Joe Biden.
- This is all assuming that the election was fair and each vote was counted as it should be counted.
- God didn’t put his vote in the ballot. He allows us to choose our President. That’s what we wanted.
- He allows us to have it. I would rather have God choose a judge to rule over us.
- I would rather have God ruling over us. I don’t want Joe Biden as my leader. He’s evil and wicked.
- There is no comparison between God and Joe Biden. I feel bad putting them in the same sentence.
Did God put the antichrist into power in the Book of Revelation? He’s going to be THE WORLD LEADER.
- Since the antichrist is “THE” world leader in the end, does that mean God put him into power?
- Let’s read the Bible and let’s find the truth within the Bible.
 Revelation 13:1-2 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. 2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
- The beast is the antichrist in these Scriptures right here. Who gave him his power, his seat, his authority?
- This says that “THE DRAGON” gave him his power, seat, and authority. NOT GOD.
- The dragon is Satan. Satan is giving all these wicked rulers their power.
- And the evil church leaders led by Satan are telling you to do what they say. EVIL PEOPLE.
 Revelation 13:3-4 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast. 4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
- The entire world wondered after the beast.
- They worshipped the dragon which GAVE POWER unto the beast. God didn’t give this power.
- Can God take it away any time He wants? Yes He can. Can He stop them any time He wants. YES.
- “Who is able to make war with the beast?” This is talking about the antichrist.
 Revelation 13:5-6 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. 6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
- Rulers in this country do this every day. They speak great things against God.
- Church leaders are constantly speaking great things against God.
- Do you think God wants you to obey them?
 Revelation 13:7-8 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. 8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
- All those who don’t know God will worship the antichrist because they don’t understand God’s words.
- Don’t let false preachers twist God’s words and tell you to do whatever the leaders command you.
- WAKE UP. Will you take the mark of the beast because the antichrist told you to?
- Will you put aborted fetus cells into your body in a vaccine because the government tells you to?
Will you support abortion, the killing of innocent little babies who did nothing wrong, because the government tells you it’s okay?
- What’s wrong with people? I know. The word of God doesn’t live within them.
- Get the word of God within you, understand He is the highest power of all, and stand up for God.
- When the time comes, will you stand up for God? Or will you cower over in fear to humans?
- To governments? To organizations? To sodomites? To all these evil rulers within this world?
HAVE YE NOT READ THE EXAMPLES WITHIN THE BIBLE?
- Jesus asks 7 times in the New Testament: “Have ye not read?” We better be reading His words.
- Or we will be deceived. And we will not be deceived here in this church.
- Let’s look at examples of God’s people within the Bible.
 Acts 5:17-18 Then the high priest rose up, and all they that were with him, (which is the sect of the Sadducees,) and were filled with indignation, 18 And laid their hands on the apostles, and put them in the common prison.
- Why were they put in prison? They weren’t obeying the powers to be.
- They were subject to those powers because they were put in prison for not obeying them.
- They were subject to them but they did not obey them. WHY IS THAT?
- They were telling them not to be preaching God’s words. But they did it anyway.
- Why? Because God told them to and He is “THE” highest power of all. Understand this today.
 Acts 5:19-20 But the angel of the Lord by night opened the prison doors, and brought them forth, and said, 20 Go, stand and speak in the temple to the people all the words of this life.
- God opened the prison doors. “Go, stand and speak in the temple all the words of this life.”
- Were they going to obey men or were they going to obey God?
 Acts 5:21-22 And when they heard that, they entered into the temple early in the morning, and taught. But the high priest came, and they that were with him, and called the council together, and all the senate of the children of Israel, and sent to the prison to have them brought. 22 But when the officers came, and found them not in the prison, they returned, and told,
 Acts 5:23-24 Saying, The prison truly found we shut with all safety, and the keepers standing without before the doors: but when we had opened, we found no man within. 24 Now when the high priest and the captain of the temple and the chief priests heard these things, they doubted of them whereunto this would grow.
 Acts 5:25-26 Then came one and told them, saying, Behold, the men whom ye put in prison are standing in the temple, and teaching the people. 26 Then went the captain with the officers, and brought them without violence: for they feared the people, lest they should have been stoned.
- They weren’t obeying the higher powers because the higher powers were evil and wicked.
- Jesus Himself told us that the chief priests and Pharisees were of their father the devil.
- They weren’t ordained of God. God didn’t give them their power. He allowed them to have it.
 Acts 5:27-28 And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them, 28 Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man’s blood upon us.
- The powers to be commanded the apostles that they should not teach in the name of Jesus Christ.
- They say, “You’re bringing his blood upon us.” Let’s go back to when Jesus Christ was killed.
 Matthew 27:24-25 When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it. 25 Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children.
- The apostles didn’t bring this man’s blood upon them.
- They said, “HIS BLOOD BE ON US AND ON OUR CHILDREN.”
- They did all of those things. The apostles are obeying the higher powers because God is at the top.
- The apostles aren’t breaking Romans Chapter 13 verse 1. They aren’t breaking a commandment of God.
- Remember, the angel of the Lord told them to go do these things. HE TOLD THEM.
- Do you think “THE” angel of the Lord would tell them to break a commandment of God?
You Cannot Interpret Romans 13:1 As We Must Obey All Powers On Earth
And if they aren’t breaking His commandment, why would you interpret Romans 13:1 as the false preachers do?
- They’ll tell you to do whatever the higher powers tell you to do. Is that what the apostles did?
- Do you think the angel of the Lord told them to break a commandment of God? NO!!!
- This means the false preachers have been lying to you. NOT GOD. He doesn’t command you to sin.
- He commands you throughout the Bible, front to back, to do what He says.
- If someone tells you to do something against HIS LAW, which is the highest of all, you don’t do it.
 Acts 5:29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
- Make sure you understand what just happened in Acts Chapter 5.
- They didn’t follow the commands of the leaders. They were put in prison. God let them out.
- They continued to go against what the leaders told them not to do.
- They say, “WE OUGHT TO OBEY GOD RATHER THAN MEN.”
- God and men constantly strive against each other. It’s light versus darkness. Good versus evil.
- Which one will you follow?
- Will you stand up for God or cower over like the false preachers have taught you?
- I won’t teach you that here because it’s evil and wicked and 100% wrong.
 Acts 4:19 But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.
- I will not hearken unto men and women more than unto God. NO WAY.
 Genesis 3:17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
- Take a look. This is what happened with the very first sin from Adam. UNDERSTAND THIS.
- He hearkened unto his wife’s voice versus the voice of God. Did anything good result from that?
- It sure didn’t. CURSES FROM GOD RESULTED. I don’t want curses from God for you or I.
 1 Samuel 15:24 And Saul said unto Samuel, I have sinned: for I have transgressed the commandment of the LORD, and thy words: because I feared the people, and obeyed their voice.
- Saul did the same thing. “FOR I HAVE SINNED because I feared the people and obeyed their voice.”
- Will you obey God’s voice or the voice of all the people going against God? Which one?
- Your eyes should begin to open and you should be seeing how evil all these churches are who are teaching opposite of the ENTIRE BIBLE.
 Mark 7:7-9 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. 8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. 9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
- We will not reject the commandment of God because some false preacher tells us to do whatever the government tells us to do.
- This has become a tradition of theirs. They teach this now as a tradition.
- “You need to do whatever we say because we are ordained of God. We are great men of God.”
- “We lie about God and His words, but we’ll teach you that you should do whatever we say.”
- “We control you now because we are great men of God.” That’s what they’re doing.
- And the people just fall right in line with all the lies and go with whatever they say. Not good.
 Daniel 3:12-13 There are certain Jews whom thou hast set over the affairs of the province of Babylon, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego; these men, O king, have not regarded thee: they serve not thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up. 13 Then Nebuchadnezzar in his rage and fury commanded to bring Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego. Then they brought these men before the king.
 Daniel 3:14 Nebuchadnezzar spake and said unto them, Is it true, O Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, do not ye serve my gods, nor worship the golden image which I have set up?
- Will you bow down to the one-world government just like we see right here?
- Will you worship a false god like you see here? Will you do whatever the powers to be tell you to do?
 Daniel 3:15 Now if ye be ready that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the image which I have made; well: but if ye worship not, ye shall be cast the same hour into the midst of a burning fiery furnace; and who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands?
- King Nebuchadnezzar gives them a second chance to bow down and worship his false god.
- What do you think they’re going to do? Will they OBEY because the king told them to bow down?
 Daniel 3:16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.
- In matters that didn’t go against God’s commandments, they were careful to answer the king.
- And we should be the same way with our higher powers in this life on this earth.
- But when it goes against God’s commandments, “WE ARE NOT CAREFUL TO ANSWER THEE IN THIS MATTER.”
 Daniel 3:17-18 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. 18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.
- “God is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.”
- Do you believe this for yourself too? I sure do. God can deliver me any time He wants.
- “But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that WE WILL NOT serve thy gods.”
- “We will not worship the golden image which thou hast set up.” Will you be like this too?
- Or will you be like the majority and just do whatever they tell you to do?
- Will you be like little sheep being led to the slaughter or will you understand who has all power?
These 3 men didn’t obey the higher power in King Nebuchadnezzar but they did obey the HIGHEST power.
- King Nebuchadnezzar wasn’t obeying the HIGHER POWERS. He was breaking the commandment of God.
- Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego did the right thing because God saved them that day.
- The earthly king was full of fury but the heavenly King was happy with those 3 men because they obeyed God rather than men.
 Matthew 10:16-18 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. 17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; 18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
- Jesus is warning you of all these things here. Why would these things be happening?
- Because they wouldn’t obey men over God. Do you see this?
 Matthew 10:19-20 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. 20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
 Matthew 10:21-22 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death. 22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
- All men will hate you because you won’t bow down to them and their so-called power.
- You choose to obey God rather than men and they hate you.
- You choose not to go along with pride month because it’s evil and wicked and men will hate you.
 Daniel 6:8-9 Now, O king, establish the decree, and sign the writing, that it be not changed, according to the law of the Medes and Persians, which altereth not. 9 Wherefore king Darius signed the writing and the decree.
- A law was written that no man should pray to God. Did Daniel follow this law?
 Daniel 6:10 Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime.
- Daniel knew that the law was now in effect. He knew the writing was signed.
- HE PRAYED ANYWAY. God commands us to pray to Him and Daniel wouldn’t break God’s law.
 Daniel 6:13 Then answered they and said before the king, That Daniel, which is of the children of the captivity of Judah, regardeth not thee, O king, nor the decree that thou hast signed, but maketh his petition three times a day.
- He broke that earthly law 3 times per day. He was thrown into the lion’s den.
- Most so-called “Christians” don’t know the background of this story and why he was thrown into the lion’s den.
- He wouldn’t do what the so-called higher powers told him to do because it was against God’s law.
- Remember, GOD IS THE HIGHEST. That law didn’t obey God’s HIGHER LAW.
A Law That Goes Against God’s Law = Invalid For Me
When a law doesn’t match God’s law, that law is not valid to me. God’s LAW is above all LAW.
- And I will follow His law. In the future, more and more laws will be made against God’s law.
- It’s going to happen and this is why God’s people will be put to death.
- Yes, I will be subject to their laws and if I must be put to death for breaking their laws that go against God’s law, then so be it.
- I will not run. I will not hide. I will be subject to their laws and I count it a privilege to die for God.
- He died for me so the least I can do is die for Him. It’s a great privilege to die for God.
- If He wants to save me out of it, I know He can. But if not, I will not go against Him.
- Daniel was thrown into the lion’s den.
 Daniel 6:19-20 Then the king arose very early in the morning, and went in haste unto the den of lions. 20 And when he came to the den, he cried with a lamentable voice unto Daniel: and the king spake and said to Daniel, O Daniel, servant of the living God, is thy God, whom thou servest continually, able to deliver thee from the lions?
 Daniel 6:21-22 Then said Daniel unto the king, O king, live for ever. 22 My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions’ mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt.
- We aren’t hurting anyone by following God’s laws. “O king, have I done no hurt.”
- When you follow God’s laws, that’s what’s best for everyone else around you. That’s how you love them.
- When someone asks you to go against God’s law, they are hurting others.
- God’s commandments are not wrong. They are only good. They get rid of evil and wickedness.
- When a law goes against God, it is spreading more evil and wicked things throughout this world.
- When you choose to go with God and His commandments, you are doing good and not hurt to others.
But this world will try to convince you otherwise. “You aren’t a very loving person. You’re not very kind.”
- “You won’t allow sodomites in church. That’s not very loving. BE KIND. You need a Be Kind yard sign.”
- “You need a HERO LIVES HERE yard sign. You need a Black Lives Matter yard sign.”
- “Then you’ll be more loving and kind like us because yard signs equal love.”
- No, love is following God’s commandments.
- Daniel was a loving man because he followed God’s commandments.
Throughout the Bible, you will see Godly men and women standing up against the evil and wicked rulers.
- And God rewards them and praises them for all these things. But churches teach the opposite today.
- Why? Because they have no root in the word of God. They have no truth within them AT ALL.
 Exodus 1:15-16 And the king of Egypt spake to the Hebrew midwives, of which the name of the one was Shiphrah, and the name of the other Puah: 16 And he said, When ye do the office of a midwife to the Hebrew women, and see them upon the stools; if it be a son, then ye shall kill him: but if it be a daughter, then she shall live.
 Exodus 1:17-18 But the midwives feared God, and did not as the king of Egypt commanded them, but saved the men children alive. 18 And the king of Egypt called for the midwives, and said unto them, Why have ye done this thing, and have saved the men children alive?
- As a woman, you need to stand up against evil and wickedness and stand side by side with God and His people.
- When people tell you that you need to send your children to day care and have a career, you need to stand up for God and tell them the truth.
- These midwives FEARED GOD and did not as the king of Egypt commanded them. They saved the children.
 Exodus 1:19-20 And the midwives said unto Pharaoh, Because the Hebrew women are not as the Egyptian women; for they are lively, and are delivered ere the midwives come in unto them. 20 Therefore God dealt well with the midwives: and the people multiplied, and waxed very mighty.
- Don’t you want God to deal WELL WITH YOU?
- Since they didn’t obey this evil ruler, He dealt well with them.
 Romans 13:1-2 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. 2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
 Romans 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
- Rulers who are subject unto the higher powers themselves will do good.
- They will not be a terror to good works because they are following the law of the HIGHEST.
- Then, you can do everything they tell you to do because they are following God.
- For example, if Daniel were our president today, I would do what he says to do.
- Why? Because we would know that he is following God. And if not, I wouldn’t do it.
 Romans 13:4-5 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. 5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
- God’s ordained rulers will do good. FOR HE IS A MINISTER OF GOD.
- Pharaoh was not doing good. He was trying to kill all the innocent babies.
- This reminds me of our current president. He is not good. He agrees with killing babies.
- King Nebuchadnezzar was not doing good. He wanted them to bow down to a false god.
- King Darius was deceived in Daniel Chapter 6 and was not doing good.
- He was being tricked into going against God’s law which is the highest power.
- When someone twists Scripture, you’ll know because doesn’t match with the entire Bible.
- Don’t allow someone to deceive you with one Scripture. Read before, after, the whole Bible.
 Psalm 31:19 Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!
- We will always choose the fear of God over the fear of men.
- We choose to trust in God before anything else. We trust in God before the leaders in this country.
- We trust in God before we trust in doctors. We trust in God before we trust in pastors.
 Ecclesiastes 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
- This is “THE” conclusion of the whole matter. Make sure you see this as we end today.
- “Fear God, and KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS: for THIS is the WHOLE DUTY of man.”
- That’s the conclusion for this sermon. We obey the higher powers by obeying God.
- When a so-called higher power goes against God, we obey God and fulfill the commandments.
- If we go against God, it won’t be good. Don’t go up against God. Stand with God and not man.
- Why would we do that? BECAUSE WE FEAR GOD.
 Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
- That’s why I will always choose to stand with God. I fear Him, and I don’t care what someone thinks.
- If you tell me to go against God, I will not do it. You’ll have to kill me.
- And that’s what God wants from you and I. Don’t fall for the lies in this world and in churches.
- Don’t bow down to the antichrist and take the mark of the beast. Hear God’s words.
- And you’ll be ready for everything when you hear God and His words.